OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/01/2024 2:45 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY APRIL 21 ~ SAT APRIL 27

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/20/2024 10:15 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 21 ~ SAT APRIL 27

Thank you all for your continued prayers for J, her husband, and parents! She is still in the ICU.

We received other sad news Friday. My BIL's sister lost her husband suddenly. He was fine when he went to bed Thursday but he wouldn't wake up Friday morning, and he was rushed to the hospital via ambulance where he died a few hours later. He had suffered a brain aneurysm.

This woman, my BIL, and the family we've known for over 50 years just lost a brother/son to pancreatic cancer last August. He had only been diagnosed a few short months prior. So sad!

Hug your loved ones, and don't go to bed angry with them! ❤️

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/21/2024 8:10 pm)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

4/21/2024 9:17 am  #3

DIANE.....A LOT OF SADNESS GOING ON WITHIN YOUR FAMILY.  I AM SO SORRY TO LEARN THIS.  ITS SURELY A TOUGH TIME FOR YOU AND YOURS.  HUGS FOR YOU ALL.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS CONTINUE FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. 

DEVONNE......LOVE THE LOOK OF THOSE STRAWBERRIES.  THE LAST ONES I BOUGHT HERE WERE NOT VERY GOOD.  I, TOO, AWAIT THE FRESH ONES OF THE SEASON.  THERE IS SUCH A TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE IN FLAVOR.

TRISH AND WARWICK......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.  ITS ON THE 22ND BUT YOU ARE A DAY AHEAD OF US SO ITS TODAY.  HOORAY.  HUGS FOR YOU BOTH.

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED MARATHON ON HALLMARK MOVIES AND MYSTERIES CHANNEL.  LOVING IT.  IT STARTED FROM THE VERY FIRST PROGRAM.  THERE ARE MORE OF THEM TODAY.  A DAY OF JUST DOING NOTHING FOR ME BUT WATCHING TV AND EATING.
THE ONLY THING THAT NEEDS DOING IS SORTING MY NEWLY-BOUGHT MEATS AND GETTING THEM PACKAGED AND IN THE FREEZER.  I STILL HAVE TATER TOT CASSY AND VEGGIE BEEF SOUP LEFTOVERS FOR EATING. 
NICE DAY HERE, SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND WILL BE IN THE 60S TODAY.  NICE WEATHER FOR US IN MAINE.

I AM ALWAYS THANKFUL JUST TO WAKE UP IN THE MORNINGS.
BE SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS FOR YOU ALL. 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/21/2024 10:29 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/21/2024 1:19 pm  #4

Diane, how sad for the losses. Continued prayers for J. How is your DH's wrist?

Happy anniversary, Trish and Warwick! 

Greg and I were both disappointed in the strawberries not being very sweet. They weren't cheap either, $3.60 a pound. I'm going to freeze mine tomorrow.

I'm going to a mexican restaurant for Sadie Grace's 5th birthday party. Again, Greg & Carter weren't invited. I realize Hannah can invite who she wants (and she & Greg aren't close at all), but this is Gary's only sibling. Makes no sense to me.

eta: The party lasted from 5:00 to 7:30. I got there at 4:30. Here's a picture of Sadie Grace's birthday cake. Emily's best friend has her own in-home bakery. She does an awesome job and this is what Sadie Grace asked her to make. The brown "sand" is graham cracker crumbs. She makes her own fondant from marshmallows.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/21/2024 7:39 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/21/2024 3:01 pm  #5

I’m home.

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/21/2024 8:10 pm)

4/21/2024 8:07 pm  #6

DIANE thank you for locking - again !! I am slack these days. I am so sorry for the bad news in your family, prayers for J and I hope she improves ((((hugs)))) Sincere sympathy for the family loss ((((hugs))))

DEVONNE I was reading and saw that Molly had improved, so glad to hear that, we worry about them so much, cute cake, and thank you for the anniversary wishes. Shame about the strawberries, they did look good, I had read that if you drizzle cut strawberries with balsamic vinegar, a very little, it's strong, the flavour improves. I like them like that, yum.

SANDRA you are on the ball LOL today  is our 52nd, where did the time go, thank you for the wishes, we appreciate them. Waking up in the mornings is always good LOL I will have to check out that movie, think I've heard about it, I put all the Jane Marple and Hercule mysteries on my Britbox app list, they have lots of them now. So might get to watch one later today. 

JANET too bad about the lecture, horrid when it's too much about the person, and not what you expected. Hope the rest of it was OK! I did a class with Julie once where the teacher had all the cutting wrong, if not for Julie realising we would have had to buy more fabric, frustrating. And so lucky she picked it up. 

CHERYL that is so cute, i love the colour placement, you have a good eye. That is going to  be well loved!!

CAROL you do beautiful work, sorry about the mixup of hours, when you get there too late it's just wasted time. Hope they can get it sorted before too long, but I expect it will be a while (((hugs)))

INDY is the hole dug yet?? Funny we have  had a few arguments about "trimming" lately. His idea and mine are vastly different. He bought a hedge trimmer when I went out one day, said it was something he'd always wanted, told him he had to have someone with him to use it! MEN!!
Also never forget you can vent here when you need to, it's getting the feelings out, and no judgement!

Things went belly up here  last week, all OK now, just frustrating. I won't bore you with the details,  it's family - and not mine LOL 
I'd have to write a book to fill you in anyway, and it doesn't change anything. 
Is it too awful to say that it would be a blessing if his sister doesn't survive too much longer, it feels awful to say it, but we honestly don't know how much longer WE can cope.

Yesterday I had a long but lovely day, our coach Sara was 50 last Wednesday, so we booked a bus trip to the Hunter Valley vineyards, ( a surprise for her ) left at 7.30am and got back at 7pm, we had such a lovely day. We visited 4 wineries and had an included lunch. It was a long day, with 28 of us. The coach was a big one, so we spread out, and they played music to sing along on the way home. 
When we all met in the morning we told her where we were going. She knew we had a day out somewhere, just not where, she said she kind of expected it to be the wineries as it was all day, It's about 3 hours drive each way.

I am almost ready for yoga, I have been really slow this morning, I'll need to get moving when I get home, the Mr would like us to go out for dinner, he said lunch till I reminded him yoga is at 1pm LOL
​There are not too many restaurants open on Monday nights, so choice is limited.

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/22/2024 12:07 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/22/2024 8:22 am  #7

GOSH WHAT AN EXCITING DAY PLANNED FOR ME.  SATURDAY'S TEXT FROM DR HAD A DIFFERENT APPOINTMENT TIME THAN I WAS ORIGINALLY GIVEN.  I'VE PHONED THEM THIS MORNING AND NOW AWAIT A RETURN CALL TO LET ME KNOW IF THE TEXT WAS A TYPO OR NOT.  YUP, ITS AN AWFULLY EXCITING DAY FOR ME.  LOL

NOTHING MUCH HAPPENING HERE TODAY.  THE SUN IS BRIGHT AND THE DAY WILL BE WARMISH FOR US HERE IN MAINE IN THE 60S.  LOVELY, LOVELY.  I STILL HAVE A FEW MORE SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED MOVIES TO WATCH.  I LIKE THAT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE THING HAPPENING THRU THE MOVIE TO KEEP ONE INVOLVED.  

I AM FEELING A LITTLE BIT ROTTEN THIS MORNING.  I HOPE FOR IMPROVEMENT LATER.  I GUESS IT'LL BE A SLOW DAY FOR ME.

HOORAY, JUST GOT THE CALLBACK.  THE APPT IS CORRECT.  I GO TO RADIOLOGY AT THE HOSPITAL NEXT DOOR AT THE ORIGINAL TIME AS INSTRUCTED MONTHS AGO.  THE TEXT WAS A BUFFER AMT OF TIME FOR THE ACTUAL DOCTOR APPT AFTERWARDS.  CASE CLOSED.  I'M GLAD I PHONED OR I WOULD HAVE BEEN ULTRA LATE FOR THAT HEART SCAN OTHERWISE.

TRISH......SO GLAD YOU HAD A NICE 52ND ANNIVERSARY.  ITS WONDERFUL TO BE HAPPILY (MOSTLY) MARRIED FOR THAT LONG AND STILL ENJOYING LIFE.
WHAT A GREAT TIME AT THE WINERIES.  YOU GALS KNOW HOW TO ENJOY YOURSELVES.  

JANET.......I HOPE THERE WERE NO MORE BAD TIMES AT YOUR RETREAT OTHER THAN AN INFLATED EGO.

DEVONNE.......YES, THE BERRIES LOOKED SO GOOD.  SORRY THEY WERE NOT UP TO STANDARD.
LOVE THE LOOK OF THAT CAKE FOR SADIE.  ITS MARVELOUS.  ITS GOOD YOU ALL HAD A GOOD TIME.
AS FOR FAMILY ISSUES, ITS HARD ON THE PARENTS WHEN THAT HAPPENS.  WE CAN ONLY HOPE THEY GET BETTER AS TIME PASSES.
THAT'S IT LADIES.  BE SAFE.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/22/2024 8:32 am)

4/22/2024 8:43 am  #8

Happy Earth Day! Today is going to be a do nothing day...except fold some clothes later.

I'll be back later after I charge my computer....

D e v o n n e

4/22/2024 9:26 am  #9

Happy Anniversary Trish and Warwick!

I woke up early-ish (7:45) and knew I wanted to get into the sewing room, and what I want to make for dinner. 

I sewed the squares together for a runner, and laid out another, and even put pix on my blog! I want to make a variation of million dollar spaghetti for dinner, doing meatless Monday. 

Theresa, I’m going to PM you with my cell number.

4/22/2024 9:46 am  #10

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a beautiful morning, pretty still, but very sunny and the sky is BLUE! with lots of white clouds.  Such a beautiful morning and 44*.

I have no plans for the day, will play on the computer for awhile, then just go sit and watch TV for the rest of the day.  May get ambitious and go to quilt bldg. and do a little something.  Took Frank his coffee and have mine, so we're all set.

Well, I have nothing more to say, so will sign off and wish you all a wonderful day, BJ.

4/22/2024 2:03 pm  #11

Trish the hole  is as he left it several days ago.  Getting the proper medications and waiting for them to kick in has sort of laid him low.  And today he HAD to mow.   You know we go from winter to summer almost overnight and the grass was already too high.  It's done now, but I don't believe there'll be any hole digging and tomorrow, he has lunch with Dave. 

Thanks for the reminder that we can vent here, unjudged, and safe.  I do always remember some of us no longer have the "privilege" of that and never want to get too independent nor strident as life can change in a heartbeat.  Aunt Glady must have told me a thousand times,  "Patience is a virtue".  Still working on that and will to my last breath, I suppose.  

And, NO, you're not awful for feeling as you do.  Mom was little trouble but toward the end, it became  almost
too much for me and I wished, rather fearfully, that she would go.  I've actually shed few tears for her.  I miss her a lot and hear her in my head a lot, but don't wish her back.  Same for my friend, Shirley, whose funeral was last Wed.  She was so miserable, cross, complaining, and tiresome, and nearly drove her family crazy and I know it's a blessing for them, no matter how "terrible" it is to admit that. "To everything there is a season..."  

Devonne, cute cake.  Amazing that a 5 yr. old came up with a choice like that.  Is Greg sad and resentful about being left out?  Of course a sensitive person like you and their mother would suffer more over this situation. 
Once they're grown, it's their choice, but  unfortunately, you're the one who feels it the most.  Hope Molly is feeling much  better.

Yesterday, we got some KFC for the first time in a coon's age.  Ate half and will finish the rest for supper.  I ran that by Howard and he said sure...he'd eat the wing.  Somehow, that tickled my funny bone and I couldn't stop laughing.  Guess I'll have to add some taters or something to his wing!    I've been making smashed potatoes, lately.  

Better go.  Other things to do.  Almost have my new creation finished--the yard salecorduroy shirt that I'm remodeling.  Slow stitching it by  hand.  Enjoying doing that.  Waiting for Janet's retreat report...
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (4/22/2024 2:09 pm)

4/22/2024 5:52 pm  #12

I put my boxes at the curb last Tuesday and so did other people. When I found out it is tomorrow when they come, I was the only one that didn't leave it at the curb. It makes our subdivision look bad to leave it out there for a week. I just got it all put out again. 

Judy, hope Howard starts feeling better. Greg has moved on and he's happy with his life. It's Gary that doesn't want Greg in his life. He says they lead different lives, which is true...not a good enough reason in my book. The cake is a Disney theme cake and Sadie Grace has been to Disney a lot. I think her name is Moana.

I ordered pizza from Pizza Hut. First time I've ordered pizza since before Billy passed away. It wasn't very good. Next week I'm going to start Keto again so having any junk food I want this week, lol! 

Last edited by DownSouth (4/22/2024 5:54 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/23/2024 9:11 am  #13

Good Morning!  It is a beautiful day here, the sun is shining, so nice.  It is 49*, so a very nice day.  I'm gradually putting my long sleeved shirts away, as it's time to go to short sleeves, but have one on today.  It is completely still outside, not a leaf is stirring.

Frank is getting ready to go for coffee with the guys, so that's a good thing.  Don't have any plans for the day, so will likely just watch TV.  Can't think of anything else to do.  So will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

4/23/2024 9:16 am  #14

ANOTHER LOVELY SUNNY DAY AND I AM FEELNG GOOD.   I HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN MY CLOSET PULLING OUT STUFF I NO LONGER USE.  SOME THINGS ARE STILL IN PACKAGING SINCE NEVER OPENED.  I ALSO FOUND A COUPLE OF CUTE SNUGGLERS I CAN USE FOR MYSELF ON MY SOFA SO WILL KEEP THOSE AND USE THEM STARTING TONITE.   ALSO MY CAROUSEL WH WHICH I ADORE SO WILL KEEP THAT AND HANG IT WHERE I CAN SEE IT.
PLANNING ON MAKING SOME BURRITOS TODAY AND BAKING A CHICKEN BREAST I HAVE DEFROSTED.  WAS HOPING TO MAKE SOME BUNDIES FOR MY DAU BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN.  NOT UP TO CLEARING OUT AND MAKING THOSE BUNDIES BOTH. 
I FINALLY FINISHED WATCHING THE LAST OF THE SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED MOVIES.  VERY GOOD BUT ALSO SOME TEAR-JERKERS.  A GOOD CRY ISN'T A BAD THING OCCASIONALLY AS LONG AS IT ENDS UP WITH A SMILE.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  MY DAY WILL CONTINUE TO BE A BIT BUSY BUT I WILL NOT OVERDO IT.  I HAVE LEARNED TO PACE MYSELF.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/23/2024 9:17 am)

4/23/2024 11:04 am  #15

Stopping by to say hi.

4/23/2024 2:43 pm  #16

Afternoon y'all! 

Yup still busy!  Still trying to finish mom's Taxes.  Apparently she, the CPA, waited to the last day to do mom's and couldn't get everything done.  Now they have been doing mom's taxes for over 14 years!  They should know mom's taxes are involved!  I'm waiting on paperwork for mom to sign.  Getting very frustrated as this is putting my life on hold!  I called yesterday and she had left for the day by 1 pm!  She has all the original information, so I can't grab it and take somewhere else.  She is in Connecticut.  The firm is owned by a friend of my uncle that passed in 2010.  (My uncle passed not the Friend)

Did go to the Braves game on Sunday.  We had Game day staff tickets.  I had fun even though the Braves lost.  Felt good to ignore everything for an evening!  

The assisted living where we have mom is being bought by another company, many staff are jumping ship, and I can tell that those that are still there are stretched thin.  So I am still doing 2 visits a day to make sure mom is cared for.  They often leave her sitting in her room with nothing to drink, no light on and no TV going!  Nothing to stimulate her.  This morning and yesterday they had not even gotten her dressed or given her the clothes that were picked out for her.  I have 2 little cups/bowls that I set up each evening with snacks for her and they refuse to give it to her.  I'm at my wits end with the skeleton staff, as if I don't have enough to deal with they are adding to it!  

I have a few things to "fix" for Luke before he goes, one is a pair of pants that he somehow got the little zipper off the teeth so I need to get it back on.  I have not really had time to fix it, but have to find time now since we leave next Thursday.  

The plan is to drive 2 days up and stop an hour or 2 outside of Acadia, and spend the night, get up and have the whole day to get his stuff into the house, no furniture to deal with it is all provided, and organized and run out for groceries, and such.  I will do the thing of making Spaghetti, and divide it up into meals and freeze for him.  He really loved that when I did it at Devils Tower.  May also make him hamburgers like I did then too.  Makes his life much easier when he can just reach for a simple meal that's already prepared.  He is bringing a crockpot, it's a small one I found at the lake.  So he can set something off before he leaves in the morning, or on a day he is off and mela done with very little work. 

Hubby has my route planned I just need to know what it is.  

We also need to order his national park clothes.  They give him a set amount and anything above that he pays for.  This year he needs the Park Ranger hat, the hat is very expensive.  Where he is doing volunteer service, they told him to go through their surplus stuff and if it fits him he can have it.  They told him that when he tried on hats to see what size he needed to get.  I thought that was really nice of them.  

Need to go and do stuff.  Mostly check email to see if I got the email of stuff to sign!  

Later my Friends! 

4/23/2024 4:33 pm  #17

Janet, I just saw that it’s Passover. Showing my ignorance, do we wish you a happy or a blessed? Do you have special foods or rituals for the occasion? 

A nice sunny day in the 60’s here. We had leftovers for dinner, trying to not let the leftovers get ahead of me!

4/23/2024 4:45 pm  #18

Theresa, safe travels on your trip with Luke.  It should be a lovely drive, though, through all those seaboard states.

Devonne, too bad about those strawberries!  They sure looked good but the weather can really effect the taste of berries.  It is sad that the brothers don't get along.  I know it would break my heart.

Trish, Happy belated Anniversary!!!  I have a question for you; why are many restaurants closed on Monday night?  

Diane, so sorry you have had such bad news on your family and friends.  It is so true; hug your loved ones.

My lovely niece died from Leukemia 5 years ago at the age of 40.  My BIL and SIL only had two kids.  She was the oldest.  She and her brother, who is 18 months younger, never got along.  He felt very bad at the funeral.  Now we get the horrible news that he most likely has cancer in his nose and brain.  He is a truck driver and was on the road and had some numbing in his legs.  He did manage to make it to the truck terminal and called his wife to come get him and take him to the hospital.  They said he had a mild stroke but they were more concerned about masses on his sinus and top of the brain.  They took biopsy of nose mass and will let him know but said it most likely was cancer.  We are devastated.  He is only 42.  His youngest kid graduated high school last year.

The insurance finally agreed to pay for my echo treadmill stress test.  I have it re-scheduled for May 1.  My echocardiogram results are in and I read them on my chart but did not really understand them.  What I got from it was all looked normal except the left ventricle and it was working at 65% with a slight thickening of the wall.  I am guessing that will mean another pill of some sort.  I will find out for sure after the treadmill test.

That's it for me for now.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (4/23/2024 4:45 pm)

4/23/2024 10:10 pm  #19

I've been under the weather...sore throat, runny nose. This "morning" when I woke up, I thought it was 10 am. It was 1:15, lol! 

Cheryl, how sad about your niece and nephew. It does break my heart my sons aren't close. When I try talking to Gary about it, he gets more distant. I don't have that problem with insurance needing to approve procedures. I have original Medicare, not an Advantage plan.

Theresa, is your friend going with you? So sorry about your Mom and the assisted living situation. Will Todd go daily to check on her while you're gone?

Speaking of taxes, I printed out my 2022 tax return, but forgot to E-file it. When I did the E-file for 2023, the IRS rejected it because they didn't have my 2022 return so couldn't check if the 2022 AGI was correct. I submitted the 2022 and it was accepted. I need to go check on the 2023 return to see if it was accepted.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/23/2024 10:30 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/24/2024 9:27 am  #20

Good Morning, so sorry so many of you are having problems!  No fun, for sure!!!  It is very cloudy out this morning, 50*.  Not a leaf is stirring.  I found a pair of shoes I had never worn.  They are very comfortable so I'm wearing them.  Have no plans for the day.  It is so still outside, can't believe it!!

I don't have anything going today, Frank has nothing on his calendar, so it will be a quiet day with nothing going on.  Will sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

Board footera