OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/28/2024 7:17 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 24 ~ SAT MARCH 30

Devonne, I watched either 20/20 or Dateline about Ruby Franke.  How horrible for those kids.  The husband seemed very confused also.  I think the major problem was that therapist, Jodi Hildebrand.  Pure evil.

It was a cool but sunny day today.  I am hoping that Easter Sunday is nice as Amelia and Andrew still want to hunt eggs!  Amelia is 10 and Andrew is 12 but they love to find those treasures.  I had donated all of the plastic eggs last year as I thought it was the last year so I had to go to the Dollar Tree and get some to fill.  My son, Anthony, and his family will come up for Easter, but they always spend the day with Emmily's mom and dad.   I am thawing a whole turkey in the refrigerator to make for Easter dinner.  Aaron and his family will be here but I hope Anthony comes over after lunch/dinner to let Andrew  hunt eggs.

Such awful news about the Baltimore Bridge.  At least the barge radioed about the power loss and that they could hit the bridge.  The car traffic was stopped.  I am so saddened by the loss of the workers, but it sure could have been more if cars were on there.

Devonne, YIKES on that bridge.  They make me nervous and I don't think I could go over it either.

Judy, I do agree that it is better to know of any cardiac issues before they cause a problem, but I still don't like going.  My mom's side of the family all had heart disease and she lived the longest at 67, so I am glad the doc wanted me to have that test.  She said it was 5 minutes and could save a life.  I go April 2 for a consult with a cardiologist.  I picked a woman because I think they listen to other women better than a man.  (Just my opinion.)

Yesterday was Aaron's 40th birthday.  He is my baby, so how did he get so old?    We went to Texas Roadhouse (his favorite) for supper and I baked him some Texas Sheetcake Cookies.  He does not care for cake but loves those cookies.

Nothing else going on here.  A lot of anticipation for the solar eclipse coming soon since we are in the path of totality.

3/28/2024 7:29 pm  #42

DS it is legit.  I have a copy of the last lease.  It never occurred to me that we would have to renew the lease.  He wanted to be a signer so he would get lease money.  Sorry Charlie, it's all mom's money.  We did not inherit from dad, it went all to mom!  When mom passes it will then go to us and my Niece.  He will argue that point, but they are in Louisiana, and  they have to abide by their law and the right of survivorship.  I'm trying to look out for my Niece!  

Holly, I have you down as a potential stop either going or coming!  

I came on to my computer this evening to sync my phone.  Luke and I are getting new phones tomorrow!  

3/28/2024 7:52 pm  #43

THERESA he has no clue does he? I am sorry for him really, he will have regrets, and it will be you that bears the brunt of it ((((hugs)))) great idea to wean yourself away from constant visits, once a day is more than enough.

SANDRA I did my shop online too, so much easier than braving the stores, I did have to go to pick up the Znoud el sit, so delicious, and the parking was dreadful, honestly people - shops are only closed for one day!!
I also had to go to the bank there, more on that later!

DEVONNE my gosh, I would hate to go over that bridge, it looks scary! Mostly heights don't bother me, we did the walk in Canada ( near Vancouver ) forget what it's called - W was scared, one walk went around the mountain, the 'bridge' type track set out from the side, it was fantastic.

HOLLY she's a funny one! Sounds like John when he's in the mood.

CHERYL I hope the eclipse is good viewing, last times we had one it was totally overcast LOL

BJ sounds like a beautiful day, we are having one too. I think our temps are similar to yours today, although it will get a lot warmer as the day goes on .

We had a bit of drama here, a strange charge was showing on our credit card, no money, just a hold charge, of course it happened around dinner time on Wed night, spent 45 mins waiting for someone to talk to, and they advised we should cancel the account and did so for us, it's a pain to have to go through and change all the monthly accounts we have.
We won't get new cards for 5-10 business days, AND it's Easter, so they might take a while.
Then today realised our automatic toll wasn't paid - because of the card - so found a way to connect it to our bank account. PLUS my training payment  is due out on Sunday, hopefully I have changed that out as well, but I told them at training what happened, so they are aware, if it doesn't get taken out there will be a bank charge, so I will need to pay that.
I had to go get $$ from the bank, just in case we need cash extra. 
I am more annoyed that I bought a raincoat from a company, and they have a sale on, AND gave me a $20 voucher, and I can't buy more till I get  a new card LOL

The bank said it is possible that it's a mistake from someone, and the pending could drop off -  but they won't take chances, and if I didn't do as they wanted we would be liable for any fraud transactions, it was a new charge to see for them as well. Something about Google, and payhelp - we don't use google for any payments.
Wretched scammers, so many people getting caught out these days. You have to be so careful  -- I check our cards/accounts every day at least twice.

Tonight is Good Friday dinner, we are going to the club, John will come with us, and Pete as well.

I went to stay with the dogs last while John was at work, I drove him there and picked him up. The stores were jam packed when he started, so I am glad I did, he would have found parking difficult. The dogs were glad of company too - of course when I picked John up I was only gone 10-15 minutes, you'd think they had been left alone for days they way they greeted us LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/29/2024 9:21 am  #44

Having one of those days.  I’ll be back later if this improves….
And we lost power on top of everything else. 😡

3/29/2024 9:39 am  #45

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a beautiful day, 45*, the sun is shining bright!  I don't have any plans for the day, not much ambition.  It is 8:30, so I should get something done before the day is over, but probably won't!!  Just took Frank his coffee, likely the only thing I'll accomplish today!!  Likely Tracy will be here this evening; that will be nice!!  Love it when she comes.  Jamie will be coming, too.  Not sure about the girls; they may have to work.

Well, I really don't have anything else to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ. 

3/29/2024 11:12 am  #46

TRISH......SORRY TO HEAR OF THE MESS YOU FOUND WAITING FOR YOU WITH THE CREDIT CARD.  ITS GETTING TERRIBLE OUT THERE WITH SO MANY HAVING TO GET NEW CARDS.  I HOPE YOUR NEW ONES COME PRETTY DARN QUICKLY.

DEVONNE......I HOPE THAT GARY IS DOING BETTER AFTER HIS SURGERY.  I KNOW THERE'S A LONG TIME FOR HEALING IN HIS FUTURE BUT AS LONG AS THE WORST IS NOW BEHIND HIM.

ITS RAINING AGAIN.  I TOOK OUT MY TRASH JUST AS ANOTHER SPRINKLING WAS BEGINNING SO ONLY GOT A TAD DAMP.  I'M JUST GLAD ITS OUTSIDE AND NOT IN MY KITCHEN.
ON THE WAY I SAW ONE OF OUR NEW RESIDENTS IN OUR COMMUNITY ROOM LAYING OUT A QUILT TOP ON A TABLE AND PINNING IT.  YAY THERE'S ANOTHER QUILTER IN THE BUILDING.  HERS WAS A PRETTY LARGE ONE BUT NOT BED SIZE.  IN BLOCKS BUT IN LOVELY COLORS.  SHE WAS TRYING TO DECIDE HOW TO MACHINE QUILT IT.  SHE WANTED TO DO SOMETHING PTHER THAN CLOSE STITCHING WHICH MAKES THE QUILTS LESS SOFT.
I TOLD HER I ONLY MADE SMALL DOOR HANGINGS NOW SINCE THERE'S SO LITTLE ROOM IN OUR APTS.  SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE'S GOING TO FINISH THE TOPS SHE HAS RIGHT NOW AND THEN DOWNSIZE HERSELF.  NO ROOM TO STRETCH IN OUR APTS. LET ALONE SEW HUGE QUILTS.
I GAVE HER THE TIP ABOUT PUTTING A CUTTING MAT BENEATH THE QUILT WHERE SHE WAS PINNING SO SHE DOESN'T SCRATCH THE TABLES.  SHE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT AND HOPES SHE HASN'T DONE ANY DAMAGE. 

MY GROCERY ORDER YESTERDAY WAS LESS 3 ITEMS.  WHEN I ORDER I STATE NO SUBSTITUES SINCE I CAN ALWAYS GET THE ITEMS THE NEXT TIME AND I ALWAYS HAVE ENOUGH AROUND THE HOUSE TO GET ME THROUGH ANOTHER COUPLE OF WEEKS.  BUT I GOT MY PEEPS.  I LOVE MY CHICKY PEEPS FOR EASTER.  YUM YUM.

NOT MUCH HAPPENING HERE BUT I DROPPED THE BALL ON MY NEXT CASSEROLE.  I THOUGHT I TOOK OUT CHICKEN BREASTS BUT INSTEAD I SEE ITS PORK CHOPS.  DUH!!!!  I GUESS NO CASSY FOR ME TODAY.  I AM NOW DEFROSTING SOME CHICKEN FOR TOMORROW'S EFFORT.  I HAVE TO LOOK AT MY PACKAGES MORE CLOSELY IN FUTURE.  I MESSED UP ONCE BEFORE LIKE THAT.  I HOPE THERE'S NOT A 3RD TIME.  I SUPPOSE SOME CHOPS AND POTATOES ARE IN MY FUTURE TONITE.

HAVE A GOOD DAY MY GOOD FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/29/2024 11:23 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/29/2024 2:42 pm  #47

AFTERNOON!

VERY WINDY HERE TODAY. PHONE READS 67 DEGREES, SO AT LEAST YEMP IS MILD.

BARBARA IS HAVING HER FAMILY DINNER TOMORROW EVENING. SOME FAMILY NEEDS TO RETURN TO OHIO RIGHT AFTER CHURCH SERVICES.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

3/29/2024 2:59 pm  #48

Hello, friends!  I got home about noon today after being at a quilt retreat since Monday afternoon. There were only 5 of us, a couple of others had planned to go but something came up and they had to cancel. The retreat center has design walls all around the room so I saved up things to work on that would be easier to do there. I had blocks for three quilts done and got all of them put together and borders sewn on!  I also made a small table topper that we did as a mystery project. And I ate lots of good food!  We each took whatever we wanted for our own breakfast and lunch (mine was very simple, toast for breakfast and cheese and crackers for lunch every day) and cooperatively fixed a main meal for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then had leftovers on Thursday. After I got home today, I unloaded the car and immediately had a 2 hour nap. Now I need to put all the stuff away.

Last edited by Pvillelou (3/29/2024 3:01 pm)

3/29/2024 4:09 pm  #49

Oh, Trish, so sorry for the credit issues.  Such a pain to have to deal with, for sure.  Last year I went to use my card at a Target department store and it was declined.  I never had that before so I tried it again.  Of course, people behind me where rolling their eyes! lol.  I had to use  a different one and came home to call the bank.  It had a "hold" put on it for suspected fraudulent use.  It sure would have been nice if they had notified us before I tried to use it.  I guess I should be happy that the bank had suspected fraud, but I was still irritated.

Beautiful spring day today.  Dean and I cleaned the flower beds of the leaves.  I hate to do it too much because some bees sleep in the decaying leaves, but the leaves look so bad.  We just took them and dumped them in the empty lot beside us.  If any bees were there, hopefully they are OK.  My neighbor owns the lot and said we could dump our leaves there if we wanted.  It is not buildable due to a water table or some such restriction so he just dumps his tree branches and leaves on it.  He owns a house across the road from it and it has been empty for all the years we have lived here (25 this year) and he stores junk cars, a camper and stuff there.  He lives in a different town.    Some of the neighbors have complained but he put up to date license plates on the cars and camper, so there is nothing they can do about it.  

In regards to the solar eclipse, it will most likely be overcast here too.  The weather guessers are saying historically on April 8, NE Ohio is cloudy.  But we will still see the darkness.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (3/29/2024 4:10 pm)

3/29/2024 9:42 pm  #50

I met Gary for lunch today at Ingles. They have a huge salad bar, olive bar and lots of hot food. I have so much food here I need to eat, but he's been wanting to go to Ingles.

Trish, how horrible about the credit issues! I noticed my credit score went down because I'm not buying anything on credit. That doesn't seem fair to me.

Cheryl, that happened to me at Walmart for the same reason. I had two bank accounts and two debit cards, thank goodness. Maybe I shouldn't close my second bank account? Happy birthday to Aaron! You are right about the therapist, whose license had been suspended. There are still a lot of questions. Why didn't he see his kids, he said he "trusted his wife with them." Why did she and the kids move in with the therapist? Ruby's husband seemed distant and brainwashed. Another odd thing is how Utah sentences people. The judge doesn't do it, but the Parole Board. No one knows how many years they will serve. 

Holly, Sadie Grace was born 3 weeks before Billy died. It's sad he didn't get to meet her.

Marylou, you got a lot accomplished at the retreat. That was nice to have all those design walls.

Sandra, I'm not a fan of the Peeps, but Emily loves them.

Gary's surgery is finished on both legs. If his legs don't swell, we will know it worked. He has to wear compression socks. He will go back this week to be checked for blood clots. 

Last edited by DownSouth (3/29/2024 10:02 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/30/2024 9:19 am  #51

Good Morning, I will be brief as I have a houseful of company.  Tracy and Jamie came last evening.  The girls will be here sometime today.  That will make a nice Easter.  It is completely still outside, very blue sky.  It is a beautiful day.

Well, will sign off, so I can visit with my company.  Have a wonderful day everyone.  Love, BJ.

3/30/2024 9:46 am  #52

I'M HAPPY TO REPORT BRIGHT SUNSHINE TODAY.  LOVE IT.  MY WINDOWS ARE OPEN TO THE HIGH 40S TEMPS TODAY.

NOTHING SPECIAL FOR ME MY FRIENDS.  COOKING, A BIT OF CLEANING, AND LOTS OF READING, SOLITAIRE, TV AND SNACKS.  NO PLANS FOR EASTER EITHER.  BUT ITS FINE WITH ME.  A QUIET DAY ALL AROUND I THINK.

HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES.  ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL PLANS IF YOU HAVE ANY.  OR JUST ENJOY ANOTHER LOVELY SPRING DAY.

HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/30/2024 9:47 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/30/2024 10:07 am  #53

Devonne, It’s called the credit score because it’s a reflection as to how you handle credit, so if you don’t use credit, they can’t rate it. I use my credit cards a lot, even pay the utility bills and groceries with them. That way I get the points and/ or cash back. Since I pay off the cards every month, and pay no interest, I actually make money by doing that, and I have a great credit score. 

Funny for the day. Brother John won’t put his credit card number online, and won’t give it over the phone, but when he suddenly needed something for his PT that was available from Amazon, he called me to order it and have it sent to his house, and he’ll send me a check. So he’s fine with me putting my info out there! I got off the phone and laughed. I’ve to,d him several times that mom had her card also linked to my Amazon acct so I could order things for her, and he was horrified. He lives in a different world.

We went and got gas, and got chick filet for lunch. It’s sunny but chilly.

3/30/2024 3:12 pm  #54

It was a good day for a nap! For dinner I made a ham slice, Brussels sprouts and julienned potatoes. Our Shop Rite frequently has the ham slices for $1.99, and I keep a couple in the freezer. One feeds both of us with a little left over for his lunch. LOL, I said when he was younger, he’d eat the entire slice. 

It’s been drizzling off and on.

3/30/2024 4:45 pm  #55

I got the rose bushes trimmed. Two of my hybrid tea rose bushes are half dead. Hope they survive.

No plans for Easter. If anyone comes, it will be Greg. He doesn't have Carter for Spring break, which includes Easter. A day of rest and movies will be just fine.

I used to have really bad menstrual cramps when I was in HS. I remember my Mom gave me something she called "Paragort" to help with the cramps. I remember it always put me to sleep. I didn't know it was morpheine! 

I guess this is the same stuff she called Paragort. All I remember is that it worked miracles, lol!

Last edited by DownSouth (3/30/2024 7:50 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/30/2024 10:23 pm  #56

Good grief DEVONNE I wonder where she got it from, no wonder it worked, you could never buy anything like that nowadays. Hope Gary is feeling OK, and the surgery worked, enjoy your visit with Greg if he comes!

HAPPY EASTER everyone, it's half the day gone here, nothing special happening. I did the roast last night, and there is lots of leftovers, so that will be made into a hash tonight.

John worked and I sent his share over to have when he got home, he was invited to a friends today, so we drove him there so he could have a drink if he wanted too, and we'll pick him up later. Being a new driver he can't have any alcohol and drive. even if it's hours before, I think he needs to be 24 hours clear if driving. I like that.

SANDRA sorry about the food mishap, you will make lemonade out of lemons though, you always do!! I thought of something, instead of labelling, maybe you can get some stick on spots in different colours, yellow for chicken red for beef and another for pork etc, so  hard to see what they are sometimes, and that would be easier to see than writing labels, Officeworks here have them, maybe Staples?? Even some grocery stores have them in the stationery aisle. I heard something about Death In Paradise, the current detective is going to be leaving and the new one is rumoured to be Chummy from Call to the Midwife. Miranda something. Will be interesting for them to have a woman in the role.

BJ  it's a beautiful day here as well, I know you will have a lovely visit with the family. Do you have a special dinner, I remember Tracy is vegetarian.

CHERYL the credit card IS  a pain - so many things to change, and I can't do anything till it arrives - at least it has made me realise we need to take another card as well as the travel cards AND credit card when we go o/seas next. Would be disastrous if it was compromised there. Just frustrating more than anything.

MARYLOU sounds like a great place for a retreat, and we do the same with ours for food, although we order pizzas and another night get chickens and salad - some get Thai food. We don't actually cook, and there is of course lots of snacking!!

HOLLY I am the same as you, I pay a lot with the card, then pay it off each month. I make the bank money work for me LOL Sometimes it means that I am paying for something a month later, depends when I buy it. No idea on our credit score, I have never checked. LOL

JANET how is today shaping up?? Any better than the last couple, we have had a good few days here, the Mr has realised he has been a bear to live with. He's usually pretty good though, just gets more frustrated now, especially with family. He's just spent an hour on the phone with his oldest sister, she is gossipy, he took the call outside so I didn't have to hear any of it, he has to yell, she won't wear her hearing aids.

We forgot to have our Hot Cross buns., so we had some for lunch, and there is a lot of chocolate on the table.  The Mr is a sweet tooth, so they won't last long.

John is going to call us when he wants to come home, and the campers will be home tomorrow. I suggested to John he take either chocolate or something to drink to the gathering today, he took a huge bag of easter eggs LOL His friend comes from an  Italian family so it will be a big party. Will be interesting to see what they had for lunch. 

I'll be back a bit later to lock and bump!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera