OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/27/2024 11:50 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 18 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 24

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/18/2024 2:43 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 18 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 24

My gosh, can you believe it'a almost March!!

This year is flying as fast as the last one.

ASHLEY it's good you have your space for sewing, I only have the spare room, I wish it was the whole sewing room, maybe one day I will set it up that way LOL

SANDRA hope you only got a little snow, and your son was able to see you. I am doing mu shop online tomorrow, just can't be bothered going to the store.

John starts university tomorrow, he's a bit nervous I think, starting to realise what he DOESN'T know LOL He'll survive, he copes well, he might be a pain to live with this week though.

I didn't cook tonight, the Mr had to fend for himself, he's still crabby with me, he'll be cooking for himself till he learns to be nicer, I realise he's in pain - not my fault - and if he can be Mr Happy with his bowing club friends he can darn well do it here too LOL

It's going to be really, really hot this week, my temp quilt might get to use
the hottest fabric. I just finished last weeks blocks. It's all very similar so far.

​Have  wonderful Sunday everyone!!

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/18/2024 2:45 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/18/2024 3:05 am  #3

Trish, thank you! I'm late getting on here and I see you bumped and locked the threads. You're wonderful!

Have a great week! I'll sneak on if and as time allows. Still super busy. I have eye "surgery" on Friday so not likely I'll be on much for a few days after that.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/22/2024 12:03 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

2/18/2024 9:37 am  #4

THAT SNOW WE GOT WAS JUST A DUSTING.  FOR A FEW MINUTES IT WAS PRETTY AND BLOWING SIDEWAYS AT ONE POINT, BUT IT STOPPED PRETTY QUICKLY.  NO ACCUMULATION.
MY SON WAS DONE SHOPPING BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED.  HE COULD NOT FIND A COUPLE OF THINGS AT THE STORE.  THEY ARE STILL RENOVATING.  BUT ALL-IN-ALL HE DOES A WONDERFUL JOB.
I SENT HIM HOME WITH BEEFY NOODLE CASSEROLE I MANAGED TO GET COOKED BEFORE HE BROUGHT HOME MY FOODSTUFFS, AND 3 ITALIAN SANDWICHES FOR HIM AND HIS WIFE.  HE GAVE THE CASSY A THUMBS UP AND HAD A VERY SMALL BIT OF SECONDS.  HE DOES NOT WANT TO GAIN AN OUNCE.

BJ......ITS YOUR SPECIAL DAY TODAY.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I KNOW YOUR FAMILY WILL REMEMBER AND GIVE YOU NICE THINGS AND SHARE TIME WITH YOU.  IT MAY BE ON ANOTHER DAY IF ANY ARE OFF IN THE WILDS, BUT THEY WON'T FORGET.  YOU HAVE A LOVELY FAMILY.  ENJOY YOUR DAY.

CHERYL......WE TALK WHEN WE PLAY BINGO AS WELL.  I STOP 'CALLING' WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING TO DISCUSS MORE THAN A FEW SENTENCES.  ITS OUR TIME TO SHARE.  AND WE ONLY HAVE 2 CARDS TO PLAY SO NOT MUCH PROBLEM GETTING ALL THE NUMBERS RIGHT.  SOMETIMES SOMEONE MISSES ONE, BUT I CALL THE LETTER AND NUMBER AND THEN REPEAT IT ONCE AGAIN SO NO EXCUSES.  WE NO LONGER ALLOW A PERSON WHO FAILED TO CATCH A NUMBER TO CASH IN ON THE WINNINGS AT THE END BY SAYING THEY MISSED A NUMBER AND WOULD HAVE WON EARLIER.  WE HAVE ONE CURRENT GAL WE ALLOWED THAT ONCE, WHEN I WAS THE WINNER SO I LOST THE POT.  BUT SHE'S MISSED A WIN TWICE MORE SINCE THEN.  ITS NOT LIKE SHE'S 'SLOW' LIKE ONE OF OUR FORMER MEMBERS WHO WE ALLOWED THAT FOR.  I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS GAL'S MIND IS, BUT SHE'S A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.  SURELY SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET DAUBED WHEN I CALL THEM.  I KNOW I'VE MISSED A WINNING NUMBER MYSELF BEFORE.  NEW RULE: YOU MISS IT YOU LOSE IT.

TRISH.......NOW YOU KNOW THAT WHEN SOMEONE HAS TO GET THE ANGER OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM, THEY VENT ON THOSE CLOSEST TO THEM, USUALLY THE SPOUSE.  ITS HOW THEY GET IT OUT AND DONE.  UNFORTUNATELY, ITS PART OF MARRIAGE SOMETIMES.  BUT I LIKE HOW YOU ARE 'GETTING BACK' AT HIM.  MAYBE HE WILL TONE DOWN HIS ANGER SOONER.

DIANE.......GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EYE SURGERY FRIDAY.  ANY SURGERY IS NO FUN.  HUGS FOR YOU.

ASHLEY......ITS NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING AND SEEING YOU ARE GETTING BACK TO DOING THINGS YOU ENJOY.  I HOPE YOU CAN GET YOUR 'STUDIO' READY AND SETTLED AND GET BACK TO SEWING.  
GOOD LUCK ON LITTLE MINNIE PEARL.  I KNOW YOU WILL GIVE HER LOTS OF LOVE AND A GOOD HOME.

DEVONNE.......WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL TIME AND GOOD TRIPS ON YOUR CRUISE.  I HOPE GETTING AROUND THAT HUGE SHIP IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR YOU.

I AM ENJOYING THE SARAH GRAVES BOOK A LOT.  SHE'S A GOOD WRITER.  I WILL NOT BE SKIPPING TO THE LAST 3 CHAPTERS OF THIS BOOK, BUT ENJOY EVERY ONE OF THEM.
THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  SLOW DAY TODAY.  SUNDAY IS A DAY OF REST FOR ME AS YOU WELL KNOW.  READING, TV, SOLITAIRE AND EATING ARE MY WAY TO SPEND THE DAY.
HUGS FOR ALL. QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/18/2024 9:52 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/18/2024 10:20 am  #5

Good Morning to everyone!  Thanks, Quiltbea, for wishing me a Happy Birthday.  It only comes once a year, thankfully!!  Hope you are having a good day, everyone!  It is 40* and quite cloudy, not a breath of air is moving.  Larissa was just out to take the dogs outside and went back to be with Frank.

I'm going to cut this very short and go visit with my company.  Hope you all have a really nice day, BJ.

2/18/2024 10:58 am  #6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BJ! HAVE A SUPER DAY.

I MIGHT HAVE MISSED ANOTHER BD, SO BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES.

A TREAT FOR ME, DS HAS GONE TO BRING BACK BRUNCH FOR US! YEAH!

BEHIND ON A FEW DAYS READING. WILL TRY TO CATCH UP.

THINKING OF EVERYONE . PRAYERS........

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/19/2024 2:25 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

2/18/2024 1:31 pm  #7

Happy Birthday BJ!

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/19/2024 2:25 am)

2/19/2024 2:26 am  #8

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BJ Hope your day is as special as you are ((((((hugs)))) enjoy the company today!

SANDRA darn it, that author is only on audible books, and I don't do them, not to worry, I will keep looking, maybe Kindle has them,  YES I do know he's lashing out at me because I'm here and the closest LOL, I just want him to be mindful that what he is doing is hurtful.

I am thinking of ordering online this week, so much faster for me if it's a big shop, I know Matt gets yours, but that is sure one good thing that came from covid. At my local supermarket they have a team just doing those orders, we can even leave them a note e.g. please choose green bananas, or we can allow substitutes or not. 

STRINGS, Yay. Food delivery, a great treat for you all, enjoy it!!

It was supposed to be hot today, but we got a massive storm at lunchtime just as I was going to yoga, it was thundering our whole class, but it's cooled down a lot! We made the news as well, the most rain in one hour! I could believe it, it was torrential.

I cooked tonight, so Mr has been trying to behave!! He had a lot to do today - he scraped the side of his car leaving the club yesterday, a very tiny graze, but he's been to get a quote to fix  it, he's also spent time getting out TV and internet package reduced. They reduced it quite a lot, and we also are removing the cable setup in our bedroom, we have had it for many years, but I now mostly watch on the iPad, so it's of no use, we don't even turn on the TV in the room anymore. Maybe I can get rid of the cabinet as well as the TV.

I didn't get any sewing done today, I was hoping to get another row together. Tomorrow is training in the morning, and then I have the day free. Pete is going to a conference in the city for 2 days, and the Mr will go to bowls.

Tonight I made an easy dinner, couldn't think what to do, so I wrapped chicken breast in foil with very thin sliced red onion, salt/pepper and  a drizzle olive oil, hot  oven for 1/2 hour, cooked some egg pasta and made a big green salad, and a tomato, cucumber and bocconcini salad. It was all nice, and really easy cleanup!

I am looking forward to my bed tonight, didn't sleep well last night, so hoping to make up for it tonight!

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/19/2024 2:47 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/19/2024 5:21 am  #9

Belated birthday wishes BJ!  Hope you enjoyed your day.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

2/19/2024 1:25 pm  #10

IT A BIT GRAY HERE AND THERE, BUT NO SNOW PREDICTED.

I AM NOW READING A MARY DAHEIM BOOK.  ITS ONE OF HER B & B MYSTERIES WHICH ARE ALWAYS GOOD.  IT SHOULD KEEP ME HAPPY TODAY.
NOT A LOT PLANNED.  JUST SOME VACUUMING.  DECIDING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR SUPPER.  I HAVE GROUND BEEF DEFROSTED.  HAD A 6" ITALIAN SANDWICH FOR LUNCH.  I MAY COOK OR MAY NOT.  IT DEPENDS ON WHAT I FEEL LIKE EATING LATER.  I MAY JUST GO FOR A CHEESE ON WHITE SANDWICH.  I LIKE THOSE WITH ABOUT 6 OR 7 SLICES OF LAND O'LAKES AMERICAN CHEESE BETWEEN THE BREAD. 
I HAVE SEVERAL RECORDED TV SHOWS TO WATCH TODAY.  ONE OF WHICH IS THIS LATEST SEASON'S ENDING FOR ALL CREATURES.....THAT TAKES PLACE OVER XMAS.
I WATCHED THE ENDING OF THE DOC MARTIN SERIES.  LOVED IT.  ANOTHER XMAS SHOW WHICH IS RARE FOR DOC MARTIN.  THEY ONLY FILM AT PORT ISAAC IN CORNWALL 6 MONTHS OF EVERY 2ND OR 3RD YEAR IN SUMMER.  I WAS PLEASED WITH IT.
I HAVE STRAWBERRIES TO MASERATE SO I CAN HAVE SOME WTIH COOL WHIP FOR DESSERT LATER.  

WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT HOLIDAY TODAY.  ITS PRESIDENT'S DAY TO STICK TOGETHER ALL THE PRESIDENTS, ESPECIALLY LINCOLN AND WASHINGTON.  NOTHING SPECIAL HAPPENING FOR ME.
ENJOY YOUR DAY LADIES.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/19/2024 1:33 pm)

2/19/2024 4:56 pm  #11

Afternoon y'all! 

BJ Happy (late) Birthday! 

Usual busy weekend for me.  Saturday to Starbucks, visit mom, mall for Bath and Body works, Target, and home.  Got the last of Valentines ready to pack-up!  Church, back to mom's, then home! 

Sunday: Mom's, walk the park, not my usual walk, home, cracked a ton of pecans.  Finished the first bag I sent home, last year, halfway through the second bag.  Hubby finished a bunch as I cracked them.  I have 2 nut crackers, they are set up for different size nuts.  Makes it easy so I don't have to adjust every time I put one in.  Back to mom and home! 

Today was a typical day.  Mom, park and home.  Checked the mail and realized no mail today, as I got to the mailbox.  Guess I needed the steps!  Got all the Valentines packed away!  Hubby has taken the bins down to the basement. 

Waiting to put out St Pats, a bit early so I will wait till next week.  I do have some little things I picked up for St. Pat's at mom's.  They are in her hall window, for passerbyers to see.  Found them in the dollar section at Target.  

Tomorrow, I go for my yearly female visit!  Not fun, but I am happy it will be over with.  Next I need to schedule the appointment for the girls!  I hate having them squished, it hurts!  So not fun, but happy when it's done and over with! 

Need to go work on supper.  Some days I wish I was magical and could swish a wand and food prepared my way would appear!  I can wish all I want!  LOL! 

Later my Friends! 

2/19/2024 5:31 pm  #12

Theresa, Easter is only 2 weeks or so after St Patrick’s! 

Late Saturday night I had an episode of vertigo, the second ever. Went to bed, felt ok yesterday. Today I felt foggy and nausea, called my doc office and saw the NP this evening. She checked my ears, thinks it’s residual from the vertigo, says I should feel better tomorrow. She said don’t take the meclizine unless I’m dizzy, because it acts like benedryl and can make you foggy. Glad I didn’t take it! I even had Ralph drive me!

Heather worked 4 of the past 5 nights. She posted that if she worked one more, her family would be naked and eating from paper plates, LOL. 

2/19/2024 9:23 pm  #13

Happy belated birthday, BJ!

Holly, hope you are feeling better today.  Vertigo is awful; Kelli had to deal with it as does my sister in law.

I did not cook today as we had lots of left-overs from yesterday.  I did go to the local Dollar Tree to get some paper napkins and paper plates.  I also got some of the store brand of aluminum foil but it feels thin so maybe I won't like it, but it was inexpensive.

Sewing some scrap string blocks with my scraps.  My scrap stash is actually going down by quite a lot and I had to dig out some fat quarters to get some variety of colors.

Carol, I sent out a card for you today.  Hopefully it will get to you soon.

2/20/2024 10:18 am  #14

Good Morning and thank you for all the birthday wishes!  Now I'm 84, hard to believe!  My helper will be here this morning, making up the bed clean and washing the sheets, a huge help.  I took Frank his coffee, think he's getting up now.  It is sort of a gloomy day, not a thing is stirring, no breeze at all.  it is 44*, hard to believe it's winter!  The computer says it is very humid outside, oh well, I'm an insider anyway so won't affect me.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

2/20/2024 11:56 am  #15

ITS COLD AND SUNNY TODAY.  WE MAY GET SOME SNOW TOMORROW BUT SURE OF RAIN.
I JUST ALMOST DID A SINKFUL OF DISHES FROM YESTERDAY.  YES, I WAS BEHIND.  YES, I PREFFERED TO READ THAN WASH MY DISHES.  YES, I COOKED.  I HAD CRUMBLED BREAD CRUMBS FOR MEATBALLS BUT THEN WANTED THE EASY WAY OUT SO MADE SHELLS IN MEAT SAUCE.  I STILL HAVE 2 LADIES NOT DOING TOO WELL RIGHT NOW SO THAT WORKED OUT WELL SINCE THEY BOTH LIKE THAT DISH.  AND BESIDES, I WAS JUST TOO LAZY TO MAKE MEATBALLS.

TODAY IS ANOTHER SLOW ONE.  I AM FORCING MYSELF TO EAT SOME YOGURT FOR BREAKFAST.  YES, ITS PAST NOON BY NOW BUT I JUST CAN'T EAT THAT STUFF TOO FAST.  I'M LUCKY I GET ANY YOGURT IN MY GUT AT ALL.  NOT A FAN.

CHERYL......I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE ALUM. FOIL.  I FOUND THAT WHEN I LINED A PAN WITH THAT THIN STUFF, WHEN I USED A SPOON OR SPATULA TO REMOVE THE FOOD, IT TORE THE FOIL ON THE BOTTOM.  DEFEATED THE PURPOSE OF KEEPING THE PAN CLEAN.  THAT FOIL IS TOO THIN.  YOU WOULD DO BETTER TO BUY REYNOLDS WRAP.  ITS MORE $ BUT ITS WORTH IT.  

HOLLY........I LIVE WITH BALANCE ISSUES NEARLY EVERY DAY.  SOME DAYS WORSE THAN OTHERS.  SOMETIMES A BIT OF VERTIGO GOES ALONG WITH IT.  THOSE DAYS FIND ME LIVING ON MY SOFA.  ITS NO FUN FEELING SO DEFENSELESS.  I HOPE YOURS IS JUST A FLUKE AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO SUFFER FOR LONG.

MY PUTER IS SLOW OPENING PAGES.  I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO RESTART THE DARN THING LATER.  THAT ALWAYS CORRECTS THAT FLAW.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/20/2024 12:02 pm)

2/20/2024 2:12 pm  #16

I feel so much better today! I always have balancing issues, but the room spinning did me in!  We went grocery shopping this morning, we were out of a lot of things. Came home, had lunch and napped- he’s still sleeping. Cheryl, I remember Kelli having Menieres, I think? You must miss her so much! 

Our snow is 98% gone, none in the forecast, it’s back in the 40’s. 

2/20/2024 2:31 pm  #17

Sunny and spring-like today. It's been over a hundred years since a February like this one in our area.  The month I dread the most is flying by without the usual crummy winter weather.  Only snatches of that have been experienced this year.  

Happy Belated Birthday, BJ.  As with a few others, I missed the exact day, but the wishes are just as warm.  How nice that Larissa could come and fill in for Tracy and Rhonda.  They're all sweethearts!

No , Ashley, don't have a copyright on "Sweet Dreams".  If someone else does, don't turn me in.  I'm not up on the copywrite laws!   As always you pick the best names...MINNIE PEARL is a dandy..

Going back to last week.  Saturday, while lounging in my pjs and robe, ML called to invite me to go with her to the  season's earliest local Artisan Market being held in a recently renovated factory that is now a whisky distillery/restaurant.  My grandma worked there  in the 40's.  They did something with mica.  It was very cold outside but sunny,  very crowded inside, bustling and a 3-hr. wait if you wanted to eat there.    She dropped me off and had to park blocks away and bring the rollator with her!  But, we had a good time,  saw some friends, didn't eat there but got a pizza for our lunch and best of all,  had leftovers for our hubbie's suppers.  Sometimes, despite the fact that my hair needed washing, badly, spur of the moment is the best. I asked her if Bill would have gone.  She said he would have, but would have hated it. 
Sunday--church at home.  Lazed and read.
Monday, yesterday, we got groceries and Rx-s at Walmart.  Lunch at Chic fil A.  Stopped at the vet's for Fancy' meds and was asked if I called ahead.  No, but I always have and you get the meds after I get there.  We have a new policy...you can pick up meds 24 hrs' from when you order it.  My opinion?  B/S  Sorry, but as if there aren't enought changes and aggravations in this world.  I kept that to myself.  Was nice and sweet about it.  I know...hypocrit!  

Best of wishes, Diane, on your surgery, Friday.  Hope your hubby is recovering well from his.  I think his retirement is coming soon, too.   and  

Holly, hope the dizziness has subsided.  (ETA:  Went back and read that it is.  )   It does make one lose confidence in your  ability to navigate your surroundings.  Even a slight bit does that.  Wonder how many new lives Heather helped bring into the world during those several days?  I believe Ed can cook and someone probably can run the washer.  They should be okay!  
Tomorrow is my classmate's funeral up here.  So, though I dread it, I will be able to  say goodbye in person, so to speak.    They had one yesterday in MO.  ML is going with me. She is a year older than May's oldest daughter.   I will miss her calls and catching up on her big family and just the knowledge that though far away, she was still around.  

Need to clean up the kitchen.  Hardly any counter tops visible...Baked salmon for supper,  It's thawing. 
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (2/20/2024 2:54 pm)

2/21/2024 10:33 am  #18

Good Morning to everyone!  It has been raining here, think it has stopped for a moment.  I'm not feeling great today, so will be very brief.  My head is not doing so well this morning.  Just wanted to check in and say Hi! to everyone.

Wishing you all a wonderful day, love to all, BJ.

2/21/2024 10:45 am  #19

FUNNY  BUT I, TOO, HAVE SOME VERTIGO TODAY.  I LIVE WITH BALANCE ISSUES, TOO, HOLLY AND TAKE GOOD CARE NOT TO FALL.  AND NOW BJ NOT WELL EITHER TODAY.  MAYBE ITS THE SPINNING OF GOOD OLD MOTHER EARTH OR HER MAGNETIC PULL.  SOMETHING IS PUTTING US OFF LATELY

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT LADIES.  I AM NOT GOING TO BINGO TONITE, NOT WITH THIS HEAD TODAY.  MY SOFA IS CALLING ME.

AS TO WEATHER, ITS SUNNY HERE AND IN THE 30S AND THE SNOW IS HOLDING OFF TIL MAYBE FRIDAY.  ITS THE MILDEST FEB. I CAN REMEMBER IN MY NEARLY 82 YEARS.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (2/21/2024 10:46 am)

2/21/2024 12:34 pm  #20

I saw a meme that made me think of Carol. It was Bugs Bunny, and the caption was “All I know of opera came from watching Bugs Bunny cartoons” LOL. 
Cleaning lady Lisa was here this morning. Then we went to Walgreens to pick up the Rx for the meclizine that the NP ordered for me to have on hand if I have another episode of vertigo, to the library, and Blair Mountain Biscuit Company for lunch. 

While Lisa was cleaning, I put together another zig zag table runner, which Manda has already claimed. I’ll back and quilt it tomorrow. 

Sandra and BJ, hope you feel better!

Board footera