OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/31/2023 12:48 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 28 ~ SAT FEB 3

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/31/2023 12:52 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/27/2024 11:09 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 28 ~ SAT FEB 3

I haven't read but wanted to get on and lock & bump threads.

Also, I'm so excited! I'm getting my great-grandmother's treadle sewing machine!  I'll have to research it, but it's at least 100 years old! 💃🏼  My Mom remembers using it and sewing doll clothes when she was a little girl, and Mom is 91.5 years old

Anyway, I'm excited about it!

Have a great week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

1/27/2024 11:39 pm  #3

DIANE WOW!! That's great, I loved sewing on the treadle, learnt to sew on it, kind of feels relaxing when you get into a rhythm.

INDY that quilt is the one, I just watched a tutorial on youtube, she said she starches ALL the fabric YIKES I asked on our message group from Friday sewing, they said it's not necessary. It will be fun to do it, all the fabric comes in the kit.  

DEVONNE that is a cute waffle maker, I have the stand up one from Cuisinart, only makes one at a time, but they are very good, the recipe is really good, it has polenta in it, I think it gives them a crisper crust. I'm interested in the pasta bake, can you put the recipe up please ? 

HOLLY I only can get the waffles here that have a sugary coating, we don't have any ready made otherwise. So they wouldn't be good, they are Belgian waffles, I got them occasionally for the boys to have for dessert. 
Having them with eggs is not something I had considered, we usually have them with bacon on the side.  I might try it.

SANDRA hope you feel a little better, I love making lasagne from scratch, when I get mince beef (or pork,  veal, turkey I brown it with the spices/herbs I need for that dish. Maybe tomorrow I'll make meatballs. OR some sausge rolls, I found a great recipe, you cook the onion celery and carrot, them mix in the meat bread egg etc, spread it onto pastry cut into pieces and bake, I haven't make them for a long time. Tonight is crumbed chicken, I have plenty of salad and veg to go with it. I will start the Call to Midwives from the beginning, the one I saw was about 2 women who lived together, one had cancer, they had to hide that they were partners, so one was the "lodger" the other the landlady. The nurses realised and gave them support, it was so sad, but beautifully done. I was sobbing at the end.

Talking about the Mr being in the heat, YEP I have talked till I'm blue, so stupid, all of them, they just don't realise what they are doing. Pete has nagged him also, so now we butt out!!! And he has to deal with the aches and cramps with no sympathy LOL

How silly  is the organisation, scheduling alot of  games in the summer, I know they want to run the events, BUT with temps regularly in the 90s and up it's stupid. I guess they think that the tennis is played in those temps so it's OK..
The Australian Open is played every year at this time, poor players, they must melt. 

I have waited long enough for the high temp for today, it will start cooling, so I can finish my week.
I also have a Jane block started, I need to do that too.

Megan & Gary are back, they ordered a new car, supposed to be here in mid-Feb. The dealer rang Gary and told him it's there already, so Gary told him he couldn't pick it up till at least next Thursday as he was either interstate or away. That's fast - it was  getting the additions fitted that they wanted, Megan says it looks like a hearse and  she doesn't like it, Dean loves it. She'll keep Gary's current car, and they'll sell hers, apparently they will get at least what they paid for it 4 years ago, crazy car prices!

INDY I forgot to tell you I edited your last post, it had lots of space at the end, sometimes mine does too so I just removed the 'blank"

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/27/2024 11:44 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/27/2024 11:53 pm  #4

I started some new threads, I bumped up the birthday thread as well 

OMG CAROL, what a mess in the Post Office, hope my quilt package isn't delayed, it's from Amazon, but no idea where - I should look it up, it should say where from LOL I do hope the rain eases, that is a lot for January and I hope you get your quilt delivered (((hugs)))) 

Stay warm everyone! 

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/28/2024 2:23 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/28/2024 10:41 am  #5

Good Morning to everyone!!  It has rained a lot overnight,  but dry now!  Hope it stays that way for a bit.  We're going to visit some friends today that we haven't seen for a long time.  We used to get together most every Sat. night, so will be lovely to see them.  He is in a wheelchair, has been for most of his life.  We're going there around noon, then have to hurry back as the TV repairman is coming at 2 so we need to be here before then.

Have no other plans for the day, it is slightly breezy right now but warm and lovely, hard to believe it is still January!  I really don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

1/28/2024 12:44 pm  #6

Hi!

JUST A QUICK CHECK IN UNTIL CAN GET ON TGE LAPTOP. SO MUCH EASIER TO TYPE ON IT. THE SERVICE FOR DARRELL'S SISTER IN LAW WAS VERY NICE. STARTED TO RAIN ABOUT THE TIME WE GOT YO THE CEMETERY. DROVE HOME IN RAIN AND DARK. MY DEAR SIS DID A NICE JOB UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. HAD ONLY SLEPT 2 HOURS FRIDAY NIGHT. WENT TO BED AT 10 PM. A LITTLD SLUGGISH TODAY.

MORE LATER.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

1/28/2024 12:50 pm  #7

I FINALLY, FINALLY MADE UP THE TUNA FISH SALAD.  I AM HAVING IT FOR LUNCH WITH PICKLES AND CHIPS AND SOME SODA.  I STILL HAVE LEFTOVER STEAK AND THE CASSEROLE.  I THINK I WILL FINISH THE MEATBALLS BUT TOSS OUT MOST OF THE PENNE PASTA.  ITS TOO DRY NOW AS LEFTOVERS AND I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE SAUCE JUST FOR WHAT'S LEFT SINCE I AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT MACARONI ANYWAY.

YES, JUDY, THE FACTS ABOUT PASTA.  ACCORDING TO MY FATHER-IN-LAW DIRECT FROM ITALY....... SPAGHETTI ARE THE LONG THIN ONES LIKE SPAGHETTI, LINGUINE, ANGEL HAIR, AND FETTUCINE.  MACARONI ARE THE SHORT FAT ONES LIKE PENNE, RIGATONI, FUSILLI, FARFELLE (BOW TIES) AND ALSO ELBOWS AND SHELLS WHICH ARE THE ONLY TWO I REALLY LIKE.

CAROL......YIKES, WHAT A POST OFFICE MESS IS THAT.  I CAN'T IMAGINE.  SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET FIRED OVER THAT.

DIANE.......HOORAY, YOU ARE GETTING THAT TREADLE MACHINE.  I LOVED LEARNING TO SEW ON A TREADLE MANY LONG YEARS AGO IN SCHOOL ACTUALLY, IN SEWING CLASS.  WE HAD A TREADLE, BUT ALSO A FEW OF THE NEWEST IN FLOOR MODEL ELECTRICS ON WHICH TO LEARN.  I THINK YOU WILL ENJOY IT.  ITS ALL IN THE RYTHYM OF YOUR FEET.

DEVONNE.....HAVE YOU HEARD OF CHAFFLES?  THEY ARE WAFFLES BUT MADE WITH ONLY CHEESE AND EGGS.  BEATEN TOGETHER AND POURED ONTO YOUR WAFFLE MAKER.  GREAT FOR SOME WITH EATING ISSUES AND SPECIAL DIETS.

TRISH......YES, I NOTICED THAT THE AUSTRALIAN TENNIS WAS HAPPENING AND WONDERED HOW THE HECK THEY MANAGED IN THE HEAT.  NOT WELL I GUESS.
I GOT MY DAUGHTER INTERESTED IN BRITISH MYSTERY MOVIES NOW.  SHE DID NOT REALIZE SHE COULD GET THEM ON OVATION CHANNEL WHICH SHE JUST DISCOVERED SHE HAD ON HER TV YESTERDAY.  LIKE US, SHE LOVES BRITISH MYSTERIES. 
ITS SMART TO START AT THE BEGINNING IN ANY SERIES.  I KNOW FROM FIRST-HAND KNOWLEDGE.  I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY CALL THE MIDWIFE AS YOU GET INTO IT. 

WE ARE AWAITING OUR NEXT SNOWFALL.  SHOULD BE 3 TO 5 INCHES FALLING LATER TODAY.  RIGHT NOW ITS VERY GRAY BUT IN THE MID-30S FOR TEMPS.  GLOOMY IS THE RIGHT WORD.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (1/28/2024 12:58 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/28/2024 2:12 pm  #8

Afternoon y'all! 

The closing went through without a hitch.  Hubby brought my NSDB's stuff to his house without issue!  We were cleaned out and gone by about 2.  Went to Starbucks for celebratory drink, plus a caffeine hit since we were tired and still had a multi hour drive ahead of us. 

The temperature in Columbia was 80* when we left, I only brought long sleeve shirts.  Needed the long sleeve when I got home Friday night.  That and a light jacket was perfect!  

Saturday, hubby was off from the Braves, we washed all the linens we brought back, plus pillows.  If the pillows were questionable either before or after the bath, to the garbage they went.  I have more towels, and washcloths than I know what to do with.  We figured we would try and find a spot and pull them as needed.  They are too good to toss.  Already brought one to mom's to replace the one they just threw away!  

Now to work on the lake lot and figure out what the issue with getting the septic tank test done is!  I'm ready to be done with Columbia!  

The new owner will like this house, I got to spend time with him while we were packing and he was waiting for the internet to be set-up.  He works from home.  It was great to be able to ask him do you want____?  Fill in the blank.  We did not have to pack those items or toss them so it was great!  He was grateful for the stuff we gave him.  I gave him the name of the guy who did all the work for me there, told him about the guy and that he's one of the few that's as honest as the day is long!  I always felt like I was getting good quality and a good deal, so a win win!  

Today was more washing, a quilt and a bedspread from the house along with a blanket.  I'm giving the blanket to a friend who had inquired about it!  She helped me so much with the house and mom!  Plus our laundry.  I'm waiting on the washer to go tilt!  LOL!  

I also got Valentines out yesterday.  Hubby would bring up a Valentines bin, when he brought and empty Columbia bin down.  So this worked!  Today we put the Valentines flags out!  

Cold here today.  Was 65* yesterday and today is 44*.  

Need to go get stuff done! 

Later my Friends!  

1/28/2024 2:59 pm  #9

Sandra, chaffles is the reason I bought this mini waffle maker. These waffles were supposed to be mini, about 4", but I used too much batter. Haven't tried the chaffles yet. 

Shelby (Sis) fell Friday night and hit her head. She is hallucinating. She fell trying to pick up something that wasn't even there. She needs a CT scan. This is the sad thing about a nursing home; you don't get the care you really need.

Carter and Greg decided to stay home today. Carter had a friend over to spend the night. I'm going to be lazy and watch TV all day. I had breakfast for lunch. 

Trish, I "tweaked" this pasta recipe...a little of this, less of that, but I'll post the original recipe. 

Linda, hope you can get some sleep! 

I washed Carter's quilt last night and it's so soft. I can't wait to give it to him. Also washed my bed sheets, waterproof pad, mattress topper and comforter. I dovlove the mattress topper.

Carol, I guess that's why my Christmas cards got delivered in January!

eta: I was going to add something else, but I realized the print is too small on my iPhone for you to see!

(from Trish - I can always make it larger ! )

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/29/2024 12:25 am)

D e v o n n e

1/29/2024 12:24 am  #10

I'm with you SANDRA my favourite is thinner spaghetti. We eat  egg vermicelli usually bonus is it cooks in 6 minutes LOL . John likes Penne sometimes though. I started watching the series, they go for a long time, I'll check the time on next one, I didn't realise that Pam Ferris from Darling Buds of May  and Rosemary & Thyme was in it. 

DEVONNE Oh No I hope she is OK, but it doesn't sound good, can you check on her with the staff? W's friend had a fall like that. I'd never heard the term chaffles LOL

THERESA YAHOO!!!! One down, one to go, sounds like a great buyer, we also gave the buyer whatever they wanted from Dad's house, I was a little emotional to see it still in the house being loved when they sold almost 20 yrs later - they loved it as much as I did.

BJ enjoy your visit with the family AND friends, so good to have company (((hugs)))

STRINGS I'm glad you are OK and using the laptop, I much prefer using my computer here too, so much easier to re-size etc. I figured out I can do it on the iPad, but it's fiddly LOL

I just made my little blocks for today and yesterday - so I thought, I  did the day before yesterday (again ) Only a couple more to finish the January month. It's been HOT today, but it is summer, the a/c is on and blowing out cool air !!

Pete just messaged, one of his staff went home sick, and just messaged to say he has covid, Pete is now worried about getting it and giving it to us. He'll stay isolated in his room as much as possible.
I made another sourdough this morning, he had eaten most of the other. 

Tonight is leftovers, we have crumbed chicken, with veg and salad OR curried sausages and pasta. He can take his pick - noticed he has already eaten some of the dessert I had leftover from Saturday. So I guess he'll finish that off as well. I just made some lemon sago/tapioca, but that is all mine for the week LOL

I checked my amazon package, it was in California, so maybe it will skip the post office drama!

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/29/2024 12:24 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/29/2024 10:27 am  #11

OUR SNOW WASN'T AS MUCH AFTER ALL, ABOUT 3 INCHES, I THINK.  LOOKS LOVELY ON THE TREES.

MY BP WAS UP A BIT THIS MORNING.  IT MAY BE FROM STOPPING THE FLUID PILLS.  I AM SO TIRED OF SHORT SPELLS BETWEEN BATHROOM VISITS SO WAS TRYING TO FIX THAT ISSUE.  BUT IT MADE LITTLE DIFFERENCE IN THE AMOUNT OF TRIPS SO I'M BACK ON MY FLUID PILL THIS MORNING.  ANYWAY, I WILL TAKE IT EASY TODAY TO NOT AGRAVATE THE NUMBERS.
I AM DEFROSTING BOTH CHICKEN AND GROUND BEEF, THINKING OF ANOTHER CASSEROLE TO MAKE TOMORROW.  I STILL HAVE LEFTOVERS FOR TODAY.  I AM DECIDING BETWEEN EASY BEEFY NOODLE, BEEF AND POTATO, OR CHICKEN AND STUFFING CASSEROLES.  IT WILL DEPEND ON WHAT I CRAVE BY TOMORROW I GUESS.

TRISH......SORRY THAT PETE GOT EXPOSED TO COVID.  I HOPE HE DID NOT BRING HOME ANY GERMS FOR YOU AND HUBBY.  I THINK ITS MUCH SAFER NOW THAT WE ALL GET FLU SHOTS REGULARLY.
YES, PAM FERRIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES, TOO.  SHE'S BEEN IN A MIDSOMER MURDERS BEFORE AS WELL.

THERESA......I HOPE THE SALE OF THE LAKE PROPERTY GOES OFF SOON.  YOU HAVE BEEN A HARD WORKER GETTING THINGS DONE AND MOVING STUFF AND YOUR MOM.  SHE WAS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU.

BJ.....I HOPE THE VISIT WITH FRIENDS GOES WELL,.

LINDA.....NICE TO KNOW YOU ARE SAFELY HOME AFTER THE FUNERAL FOR YOUR SIL.  WITH SUCH FEW HOURS OF SLEEP YOU NEED TO CATCH UP WITH YOUR REST.

DEVONNE......I HOPE THERE IS BETTER NEWS ABOUT YOUR SISTER AFTER HER FALLING AND HITTING HER HEAD.  I AM SURPRISED THEY DID NOT CALL THE EMT'S TO CHECK HER OUT AND BRING HER TO THE HOSPITAL IF NEEDED.  YOU'D THINK THAT WAS HIGH ON THEIR LIST AFTER SUCH A FALL WHICH HAD HER HALLUCINATING. 

I AM THANKFUL FOR A LOVELY SNOWY VIEW AND NO OUTAGES.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FOOD IN MY LARDER.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FOR GOOD FRIENDS ON THIS ODT.
WELL, I THINK I COVERED ALL I REMEMBER SO WILL SAY SO LONG FOR NOW.  HUGS FOR YOU ALL.   QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/29/2024 10:33 am)

1/29/2024 10:40 am  #12

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is 55* here, hard to believe it's January!  Don't have any plans for the day, but Tracy is still here and she has some, so I suppose I'll just go along with her!!

No sun today, just sort of gloomy.  Tracy and Frank are still sleeping at 8:40!!  Quite a surprise!  They'll be up soon, I'm sure.  It is quite breezy outside.  I really don't have anything to say, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

1/29/2024 11:15 am  #13

Went to the ENT this morning and I'm glad I decided to go. I've been dealing with sinus drainage for months, thinking it was allergies. He said I have an infection and he called in Augmentin.

Here's the good part! My appt. was at 10:30. Took a shower at 10:00 am, left at 10:20 and was back home by 11:00. Why I like local doctors! 

No news about Sis. The hallucinating is from UTI. They have given her two IV treatments, so hoping it's almost gone. I asked Melena if they would restrain her to keep her from getting up. She said they aren't allowed to do that anymore. 

Trish, haven't you already finished one Dear Jane quilt?? It will be interesting to see how many days it takes an Amazon package to get to you from the U.S.

D e v o n n e

1/29/2024 3:10 pm  #14

Hi ladies. Mom and I went out to the quilt building last night. We decided to get to work on the project on the wall. It has been up there far too long. Mom took out some seams to allow a change/error. I resewd some spots and we're on our way again to progress. It's so fun to get rolling, then it's back to work. poo

1/29/2024 6:00 pm  #15

Oh hallelujah!  The USPS figured out how to get the quilt out of the distribution facility.  It's been delivered to a special someone's front porch in Aurora, Oregon (wink, wink).

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

1/29/2024 6:11 pm  #16

Diane- lucky you.  I’d love to find a treadle machine and cabinet in good condition.
Carol- glad the quilt is now out of USPS purgatory. Lol
Trish-hope Pete keeps his germs to himself.   Which Jane Austen kit did you order?
Theresa- glad to hear the closing went well.

1/29/2024 7:07 pm  #17

Carol, 

Tracy, that's wonderful! You're such a good daughter. 

D e v o n n e

1/29/2024 7:26 pm  #18

CAROL........CAN YOU POST A PICTURE OF THE QUILT IN A FEW DAYS?  I'D LOVE TO SEE IT.

Last edited by quiltbea (1/29/2024 7:26 pm)

1/29/2024 7:31 pm  #19

Yes, I will post a photo.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

1/29/2024 7:41 pm  #20

CAROL, THANK YOU.  I KNOW SHE SHOULD SEE IT FIRST BEFORE WE DO SO HOPE SHE POSTS SOON.
QB S 

Board footera