OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/07/2023 7:36 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 3 ~ SAT DEC 9

GOOD MORNING!
JUST A QUICK IN. EYE WASN'T TOO UNCOMFORTABLE YESTERDAY. NIRMAL TODAY. WAS VERY DIZZY DURING YHE NIGHT. WOULD BE NICE IF DIDN'T NEED SO MANY TRIPS TO BATHROOM DURING THE NIGHT .

TNINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...............

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/08/2023 8:43 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/07/2023 10:10 am  #42

LINDA......I HEAR YA.  I WAKE UP EVERY 3 HOURS OR SO FOR MOTHER NATURE'S CALL.  THEN SOMETIMES HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME FALLING BACK TO SLEEP.  
I HOPE YOU DO WELL TODAY AFTER YOUR EYE APPOINTMENT YESTERDAY.  I KNOW THE DIZZIES CAN BE SOOO DEBILITATING.  SENDING GOOD VIBES TO YOU.

I HAVE TO BE FAST THIS MORNING.  YES, I WON AT BINGO.  A WHOLE DOLLAR.  ITS BETTER THAN LOSING.  AND YES, MY PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WERE A HIT.  I MAY MAKE SOME COOKIES FOR NEXT BINGO.
THE PIZZA I MADE I SHARED WITH FRIENDS ALSO.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR LUNCH TODAY AND THEN WITH MAKING TUNA SALAD I AM GOOD FOR EATING TODAY.
I HAVE TO WORK ON "THE ARTIST" TODAY SO WANT TO GET THAT STARTED.
THE BAD THING ABOUT LIVING HERE IS NO REAL QUILTING AREA FOR PRESSING AND LAYING OUT AND SUCH.  I HAVE TO MOVE THINGS OFF MY DINING TABLE ALL THE TIME.  ITS A PAIN BUT ITS NECESSARY IF I WANT TO KEEP SEWING.  SOMETIMES I THINK I WILL JUST DO HAND WORK, BUT ITS SO SLOW AND I LIKE TO SEE RESULTS FASTER THESE DAYS.  IN ANY CASE I WOULD STILL NEED TO CLEAR OFF THE TABLE FOR CUTTING AND PRESSING.  GOLLY, I MISS MY QUILTING ROOMS.
IT IS BITTER COLD AGAIN TODAY.  HIT 7 DEGREES THIS MORNING WHEN I WOKE JUST BEFORE SEVEN.  AT LEAST IT WILL WARM TO AROUND 30 AGAIN TODAY.  AND SUNNY. 

HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/07/2023 10:11 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/07/2023 10:50 am  #43

Good Morning, it rained overnight and the drops are still falling from the branches of the trees out front.  It's fairly dark outside, but is 46* so can't complain.  The trash pickup hasn't arrived yet, but he'll be here shortly.

Do believe George is coming over to have coffee around 9, he came by last evening just briefly.  Gosh, it's so still outside, the flag is barely moving.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, so believe I'll just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

12/07/2023 1:43 pm  #44

Happy Hanukkah to Janet and family! 
The contractor and helper were working on the outside of the porch, but the snow/rain/cold got to them after a half day. Devonne, I’ve been putting pix up on my blog of the progress. The floor people called, they will install the floor next Friday. 

I got the report back on my stress test, all is good. 

I spent some time on Amazon with the family’s wish lists, and got 80% of the bonus gifts ordered, yay! Julianna and I have an agreement, I give her cash on Thanksgiving, and she shops for herself, gives the items to Heather who wraps them and holds them til Xmas. It’s win/win, she picks out what she wants and I get the credit! 

12/07/2023 2:12 pm  #45

Thanks Trish for the kookaburra info.  Think I've told you before, but when I helped with Pioneer Girls, like Girl Scouts, we sang a ditty:  Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree, Merry, merry king of the bush is he.  Laugh kookaburra, laugh kookaburra, gay your life must be!  My favorite of those we sang.  Had to sing it as I typed...

Mary Lou, often, it's harder to forgive someone who hurts or betrays  our child than it is when we're hurt.  It's that innate protective mother instinct.  Trust is tricky to re-establish.  I hope you can forgive him, for Lynn and for yourself.  The hardest part of all is to forget.   And, of course, you know all that...

Yes, Devonne, Christmas may be trickier this year.  Whatever we have to eat, it will be a one-dish or one-pot entree.  We've already decided that.  Now, what that can be??   Danny & Pam will never take their turn and I'm hardly able to carry it out, here.  (I more than admire you.) 
As of this morning, Pam texted that she got the 23rd off from Cracker Barrel so at least we have the day  nailed down.  As I've told many times here, ML is always a bit compromised with her health and stamina, so this covid will probably affect that.  Since Zakk and Bree can't come, there'll only be 8 of us.  

Need to go for now.  Have a good afternoon and evening.  Sweet Dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (12/07/2023 2:16 pm)

12/07/2023 4:30 pm  #46

Mary Lou, my great granny had a saying- a wise man forgives but only a fool forgets. My MIL felt that you had to forget if you forgive. I lean more towards great granny’s point of view. 

Dinner was good- chili, mashed potatoes, and Brussels sprouts. I almost forgot to add chili powder, which would have been interesting. I use one pound of ground beef, and it gives us enough for tomorrow. 

12/07/2023 5:49 pm  #47

Holly- thank you.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/08/2023 8:43 pm)

12/08/2023 10:26 am  #48

Good Morning, it is so still outside, sort of dark!  I really don't have a thing to say this morning.  I slept well and all night, except for a couple of trips up in the night, but you all know what that's for!!   Have my Christmas lights burning in the window beside me, so pretty!!  Lots of noise outside, but I can't see what it is, maybe just the truck that just went by.

Think I will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

12/08/2023 10:41 am  #49

ITS A LOVELY SUNNY DAY AGAIN BUT COLD, COLD.  I GUESS ITS PART OF OUR WINTER SCENERY WITH FROST AGLOWING.  LUCKY US NO SNOW TO CUT OFF POWER WHEN ITS SO DARN COLD OUT THERE.

I WILL BE WORKING ON MY ARTIST WH AGAIN TODAY.  AS FOR FOOD, I MADE UP SOME TUNA LAST NITE AND I BAKED A CHICKEN BREAST SO I CAN HAVE SOMETHING WITH THAT, TOO.  

JANET.....ITS A SPECIAL DAY FOR YOU ACCORDING TO MY CALLENDAR.  WISHING YOU A FINE DAY.

Last edited by quiltbea (12/08/2023 10:43 am)

12/08/2023 5:16 pm  #50

Sandra- thank you!

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/08/2023 8:42 pm)

12/08/2023 6:40 pm  #51

Gary's seemed fine on the way to his dr. appt. When we got there, he got sick. It went from nausea, to throwing up to cold sweats. His doctor decided to send him to the ER to get IV fluids.

When we got to ER, it was a 4 hour or longer wait. I asked Gary what he wanted to do and he wanted to leave. We decided to go to our local ER.  Closer to home, he said he wanted to go lay down at my house. I shouldn't have listened to him & went straight to ER.

Emily was irate because we left Emory. I should not have asked Gary what he wanted to do. I made a mistake because she has worked hard getting these doctors set up for him. 

Emily took him to Tanner, 3 miles from my house. He said that's the only place he would go. His oxygen was low and his heart rate was high. He got meds for the nausea and to lower his heart rate. When they took him off the IV fluids, his oxygen would drop and his heart rate would go up. They admitted him.

Carter will be here in 30 minutes to spend the night with me. I am kind of tired, but we won't stay up too late.

ETA: I tried to make this shorter, but it was hard to do, lol!

Last edited by DownSouth (12/08/2023 8:52 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/08/2023 8:58 pm  #52

JANET wishing blessing to you both at Hanukkah, Hope the year ahead is a peaceful one!

DEVONNE I hope he's OK, sometimes you have to do what you can. Waiting for 4 hours might have been very hard for him, enjoy your night with Carter!

SANDRA did you have any luck finding a frame for you painting. It's so pretty, I hope you stay warm and comfy, PLEASE send me some cool it's been so very hot, 100+ again today, I had to wait for Dean yesterday, ran the car with the a/c on the  whole time, it sure chewed up some fuel, but it was 105, and the coaches were late from camp, and of course the bags weren't on the same coach as the kids, Dean was on first coach bag on the last, which pulled in same time as rest of school dismissed, so it was a big schemozzle. LOL

INDY  we used to sing that all the time at school, it's funny because the 'laugh' mostly means rain or they are ticked off !! They have been quiet today, I think all the birds are sheltering - one had fallen from the sky onto the road yesterday, saw it on the way to get Dean.

HOLLY glad you got a good report, it's a pain getting the tests, but it keeps us going longer. 

STRINGS hope you are feeling  better, I hate to think about losing my sight, so much I need it for. I do wonder the house at night in the dark, just to make sure I can do it.

We had training today, it was so hot, came home and just collapsed on the sofa, they had the a/c on, so it was cool, I finally got cool and have been drinking lots, the early session they were hot then too, we only had 8 in ours, they had 28 !!

We  might meed to go to Megan's tonight, they have a  party to go to, and it's so hot I would rather the dogs stayed indoors, we don't have plans, and I can nap there. 

I have sewing tomorrow. I need to figure what to take, we all bring something small to share. It's hot and too much sweet stuff is not great. I might make some Bruschetta. I can do the tomato/onion mix and take melba toasts separate. I'll need to remember spoons to use as well. At least that will  be a bit refreshing. 

No idea what we will eat for dinner, I am not cooking, he can get some kind of takeaway. I am getting my Dear Jane ready for tomorrow.

Do any of you use Pinterest?? I have been searching different ideas for the temperature quilt, just in case I change my mind, can you ask for a pattern (paid for) there is one I like, but I would need measurements for it.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/08/2023 9:04 pm  #53

DEVONNE......I READ YOUR EARLIER POST ON MY PHONE BEFORE YOU SHORTENED IT.  I KNOW HOW WORRIED YOU MUST HAVE BEEN THEN AND NOW WAITING TO SEE HOW IT ALL WORKS OUT.  I HOPE THEY ARE ABLE TO GET GARY BACK ON TRACK AND HE FEELS MUCH BETTER.  HE HAS HAD A TOUGH TIME LATELY.
YOU DID THE BEST YOU COULD AND CAN ONLY DO WHAT YOUR FAMILY WANTS DONE.  DO NOT FRET ABOUT EMILY AND HER OUTRAGE.  SHE WILL SIMMER DOWN. 
LETS HOPE THE DRS SHE HAS SCHEDULED WILL FIND TIME TO FIT GARY IN THEIR TIME SLOTS TO GET HIM SOME LASTING RESULTS.
PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR GARY AND HIS FAMILY, AND YOU, A MOTHER WHO WORRIES FOR HER CHILDREN.

Last edited by quiltbea (12/08/2023 9:07 pm)

12/08/2023 9:18 pm  #54

Carter is watching TV, so I will post again. I am not at all interested in watching video games on You Tube, lol. 

Holly, I'm glad you got a good report. 

Sandra, thanks to you and Trish. I try, but sometimes don't do the right thing.

Trish, I actually have a Pinterest membership but I only use it to save quilting designs I like. I haven't used it in a few years. I've never bought a pattern there.

On a positive note, I finished the quilting on the embroidered blocks...picture below. It amazes me my embroidery machine will stitch through 3 layers..the top, batting and the backing. It took 2 minutes per block to stitch out the quilt design. It's time consuming because I have to cut the backing pieces to 12 1/2 pieces and the batting to 12 1/2 pieces. I will need to do the same to the blocks that aren't embroidered! Hopefully, this Sunday! I am so excited to try the QAYG method. 

I'm also embroidering dish towels for Christmas gifts.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/08/2023 9:32 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/08/2023 9:38 pm  #55

Devonne, you are human, you won’t always get it right. Something to remember, sick people don’t make good decisions, sometimes the decisions have to be made for them. Sure, he didn’t want to wait 4 hours, but he was in a safe place. 

We went to Texas Roadhouse for a late lunch/early dinner, and brought home leftovers. 

12/09/2023 10:39 am  #56

Good Morning to everyone.  Tracy came last night, we watched a little TV.  Then we went to bed.  She's still sleeping.  Frank is in the bathroom.  It is quite windy outside, 40*.  Still sort of dark, at 8:30am.  I don't have any plans for the day, will take my shower when I get a chance, then just be lazy, I guess.  Not sure Tracy has any plans for the day.

Guess I'll just sign off as I haven't anything to say, wishing you all well, hope you all have a nice day, Love, BJ.

12/09/2023 10:47 am  #57

TRISH......I FOUND A FRAMING PLACE IN THE CITY AND MY DAU WILL BRING IN THE PAINTING TO BE DONE.  IT TAKES ABOUT 4-5 WEEKS TO GET IT BACK BUT THAT'S FINE WITH ME.  I THINK THIS ONE DESERVES A FRAME.

DEVONNE.......WOW, WHAT A BIG PILE OF EMBROIDERY BLOCKS YOU HAVE THERE.  IS IT GOING TO BE FOR ONE LARGE QUILT OR A FEW SMALLER SNUGGLERS?
I HOPE YOUR SON IS DOING BETTER TODAY.  WERE THE DR'S ABLE TO HELP HIM?  CAN HE GET ON THE LIST THAT HIS WIFE WANTS FOR DOCTORS AT THE OTHER HOSPITAL?
NEXT TIME, SHOULD HE REALLY NEED HELP, TELL HIM TO SLIDE OUT OF HIS CHAIR ONTO THE FLOOR IN A FAINT AND YOU YELL FOR HELP.  THEY WILL GET HIM ONTO A GURNEY AND INTO AN EXAM ROOM IN A HURRY.  OR AT LEAST THEY WOULD DO SO HERE.  HE SEEMED TO REALLY NEED SOME HELP IN A HURRY.

ITS A COLD DAY HERE AGAIN BUT THE SUN FINALLY CAME OUT.  I LIKE SEEING THE SUNSHINE.  I AM GOING TO WORK ON MY SEWING TODAY.  I WANT TO GET THE ARTIST DONE FOR MY SWEET NEIGHBOR.
WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A XMAS LUNCHEON HERE DONE BY THE BLDG MGMT.  THAT'S NICE OF THEM.  SINCE OUR RESIDENT SOCIAL DIRECTOR PASSED AWAY, WE DO NOT GET TO HAVE ALL THE THINGS SHE PLANNED, BUT THE MGMT IS SEEING THAT WE GET SOME THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO, LIKE OUR SUMMER BARBEQUE, T-DAY DINNER, AND THE XMAS LUNCHEON.  ITS VERY NICE OF THEM I THINK. THIS YEAR ITS ON THE 20TH.
MY XMAS DINNER WILL ONLY BE A CHICKEN AND STUFFING CASSEROLE THIS YEAR.  I DO NOT WANT TO TACKLE A TURKEY AGAIN.  I WILL JUST COOK WHAT I LIKE.  WITH LOTS OF COOKIES AND CANDY AND FUDGE, I WILL BE ONE HAPPY CAMPER FOR SURE.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  I HAVE THINGS TO DO.  SEWING IS TOP OF MY LIST.  I ALSO WANT TO TRY A CHICKEN CASSY MADE WITH RICE-A-RONI.  I THINK I WILL TRY A SMALL CASSY, IN AN 8 BY 8 PAN THIS TIME TO SEE IF I LIKE IT.  I LIKE CHICKEN AND I LIKE RICE-A-RONI SO IT SHOULD WORK OUT WELL FOR ME.
BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/09/2023 10:57 am)

12/09/2023 12:28 pm  #58

Holly, yes he was in a safe place. I have learned a valuable lesson. Emily has calmed down, but Hannah is upset Emily put this visit "on me" and wasn't with her Dad. What Hannah forgets is Emily has a full time job now and can't be with Gary at every visit. I know what to do and I'll make the decisions if this happens again. She said this isn't the first time he has had cold sweats; that I am just now starting to see what Gary goes thru. 

I had to drive his vehicle home that I've never driven before in downtown Atlanta traffic. My worse nightmare, but I did good, lol! 

Gary isn't going home today. His heart rate isn't stabilized nor his oxygen. The hospital is so full, he is in a room in the ER unit. When they first got there, 3 doctors were in his room and 3 nurses. 

I'll be back later. Carter wants to go to Dollar Tree...of all places, lol!

Last edited by DownSouth (12/09/2023 12:29 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/09/2023 2:35 pm  #59

Devonne, at least Dollar Tree is somewhere you are interested, too.  Of course one tends to buy stuff when it's only $1.25 per item.  Last time I was there, in the fall, I got two little bottle brush Christmas trees to stick somewhere.  Those can be much pricier elsewhere and they all look the same.  Wonder what he wants there?  Guess you'll find out.  Bless you for taking him.  After your ordeal yesterday, you might only  feel like crawling  up into a chair and sucking your thumb.  I'm glad Hannah took up for you.  You did your best with what you knew.

Having said that, thank you Holly for all the years of helping us out with medical questions and the like.  
That is appreciated greatly.  Several tests or procedures I've gone through were easier after you told me what to expect and encouraged me.   I have my nurse friend Bobbie here for that, too, but sometimes with her it's awkward because you can't always do what someone says you should do, when others are involved.in the choices.  So, sometimes...I just don't tell her.  

It's like a spring day here.  Upper 50s.  Bright sun, a bit windy, though.  Sure doesn't seem like Christmas-time, but I'm thankful as Andrew is traveling to Chicago  from middle Indiana and I'm a weather worry wart!
This is the big Night at the Museum Christmas Party.  Can't wait to hear about it.  I wanted to ask him to take a pic of Sue, the dinosaur, but decided to leave him alone.  I don't want to make him look like a nerd.  Maybe he'll take one anyway.  But, then, most of the young people are more interested in selfies and pics of their friends than the background.  His parents are well on their way to recovery from Covid, but still fatigued.  Disappointed that he couldn't stay over with them last night.  

We "attended" the church Christmas Concert via live streaming last night.  Staying away from all the germs, we hope.  The choir and orchestra all in black did a wonderful job.  The acoustics are not like being there, but it was easy peasy.  We didn't dress for the occasion...

Have you heard of making yeast rolls in the crockpot?  I saw a cooking show where that was done so I  googled it and have some dough rising right now.  If it works would be a wonderful way to free up your oven.  After "baking" them, of course they have no color so it's suggested you put them under the broiler to brown a bit.  Most things like this I try are failures, so I'll let you know...

QB, none of my  bees wax, but that seems like a long time to wait to get a painting framed.  Do you have a Michael's nearby?  I haven't checked, but maybe you could get it done quicker.  Maybe that doesn't matter to you, also, in which case forget my meddling.  

Trish, as busy as you are and have been, was sweet of you to consider the dogs comfort for that evening.
Hard to imagine that kind of heat at anytime.  We get near 100 once or twice a summer, maybe, but never 105 here.  WHEW!!  

Time to go form my rolls and get them "baking".  Supposed to take 1+ hours on high.  Bet it'll be longer.  

Indy

Last edited by indyanny (12/09/2023 3:01 pm)

12/09/2023 5:54 pm  #60

Sandra, your advice to fake symptoms in the ER made me cringe. Everyone gets triaged when they arrive, and they are seen in the order of needs. If you fake symptoms to be seen sooner, a sicker patient could be put at risk. So, not a good idea. 

Board footera