OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/29/2023 2:02 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY DEC 3 ~ SAT DEC 9

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/02/2023 11:29 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 3 ~ SAT DEC 9

I won!  I won!  😜🤪🤣

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

12/02/2023 11:34 pm  #3

Devonne, the blocks are absolutely adorable!! I love them all! And the fabric is perfect!

I use avocado oil and spray as well.

I don't eat processed carbs or sugar and limit my sodium intake.

I better run! We just got home from Mom's and i still have much to do before bed.

Have a wonderful Sunday and wonderdul week!

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/03/2023 3:49 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

12/03/2023 4:07 am  #4

EVERYONE PLEASE GO BACK TO LAST WEEK TO SEE DEVONNE'S BLOCKS

DIANE you did indeed beat me to it today LOL We have had some storms again, pretty noisy with the lightning strikes close by, a couple scared the pants off me !! Really shook the windows!

I need to get up early and get to the Apple store, buying John's gift, I want to be there when they open. 
The Mr will go on his walk with Jo our neighbour.

He had some sad news today, his friend from bowls called very early, his step daughter was found dead this morning (at their home), they same guy his step son died maybe 2 yrs ago, his wife (their mother ) is in a wheel chair, not sure why, she has bad health, and the friend is overweight, ruddy complexion, and is not good with the heat, the whole lot seem to have pretty bad health, it's sad, they just all are not good. To lose both kids - my gosh, how do you get over that - I think they are around 40-50, he is a little younger than the Mr.

Makes me realise how lucky we really are.

So my good thing is, being glad I have reasonably good health, and stop complaining about having sore feet, or being tired, or having some aches -  the alternative is much worse.

We had our brisket, and the slaw was really good, I made it myself, so much nicer than the store bought stuff. And YEP, low fat and salt, and just yum! I used shredded beets, carrot and zucchini, no cabbage in this one.

I do have a couple eggplants to use up, THANKS DEVONNE for the idea, I may try that.
We have plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow as well.

Dean is having a busy week, he does surf training with school on Tuesday so he'll be at the beach all day, then Wednesday to Friday they have school camp. He doesn't want to go, his friends are not in his home room, and apparently they are allocating cabins by homeroom, told him it's just for sleeping, so don't worry about it! 

It's rather silly to have surf training, then have to pack swim gear for camp as well, they could have organised the dates a bit better.

John has been offered a contract for permanent part time work at the supermarket, so he is doing OK.
Pete is under stress at work, he will work from home tomorrow, told him to try to do that on Friday as well, it's going to be in the low 100s WHEW!!! The a/c will be on early for that day. 
Actually going to be pretty warm all week, and probably storms most days, typical Aussie summer weather. 

Might be a good time to clear out the freezer in the garage, it will melt the ice pretty quick. So I will add that to my TO DO list.

See you tomorrow, enjoy your Sunday!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/03/2023 7:38 am  #5

Extremely foggy this morning. I will probably pass on going to the gym…didn’t really want to go anyway, so good excuse.
Trish- I drove the new car 3 times this week while my Rav was in the shop. Back to driving my Rav again.
I know this sounds childish but I’m so jealous of my friend who just got an Audi Q5. She wasn’t even planning to buy a car. Drove by an Audi dealer and pulled in. Traded hers in and left with the new car the same day. Took DH months to decide on a car and then bought his one.
I guess I should just be pleased I have a new car and I’m still in good enough shape to drive.
Now he’s shopping for a new truck with all the whistles and bells. 😡

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/03/2023 10:23 pm)

12/03/2023 10:39 am  #6

Good Morning, it is very windy and blowing and pouring down rain!  What a crummy day!!!  My flowers in the window are beautiful, one is bright red, the other is bright pink, so lovely, plus the big one is red and green leaves, a lovely sight.

My nose is running so hope I don't have a cold, maybe just a drippy one.  I need to take a shower this morning, but Tracy is still sleeping and not sure what Frank is doing.  Haven't gone down the hall this morning, as I don't want to wake Tracy, know she stayed up late last night.

My coffee tastes good this morning, oh, I  hear Frank talking so Tracy must be up, too.  So I guess I will be leaving to take my shower.  Hope you all have a lovely day, BJ.

12/03/2023 11:20 am  #7

December 3, 2023 , Sunday, 9:15 am

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Hope you all have a good day..

DH Elmer has been moved to intermediate care now..still sleeping with feeding tube and simple oxygen assist mask.. still no full diagnosis.. he won't fit in their MRI machine.. but they say it would not really change what they are doing for him.. he is still on dialysis.. they his kidneys are not doing their jobmuch..

Please continue Prayers 🙏.. they are helping.. thank you very much.. we go to see him daily..

Most stuff is on hold here.. just doing needs and basics.,

Later..

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/03/2023 10:23 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

12/03/2023 5:36 pm  #8

It's been a rainy day. I met Greg and Carter at Mellow Mushroom for lunch. 

I have 2 or 3 more embroidery designs to do...one is the Bengal cat and one is a cactus. Starting those now. Maybe there isn't a 3rd one? 

I have a late grocery order coming between 8 and 9. My special order mayo was left in someone else's mailbox on the last delivery and they never returned it. I needed it for tuna salad. It's really not cheap having your groceries delivered, as you have to pay Walmart and tip the delivery person. My Walmart is only 3 miles away so I probably won't pay for this service next year. I really need to get out and about and this makes me more sedentary. Not good!

Diana, I'll pray he continues to improve. How long has he been on dialysis? Going to the hospital every day is very tiring, so make sure you take care of yourself. Hugs!

It worries me Sandra hasn't posted today, esp. since she hasn't been feeling good. Hoping it's just a computer problem.

Janet, I guess it's hard to be content when what you got isn't what you wanted. Was the Edge for you or Jerry? Tell him to keep the Edge for him and go get you an Audi. You could be like me and be driving an SUV that will be 17 years old next year, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (12/03/2023 5:42 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/03/2023 5:57 pm  #9

Devonne - the Edge was, I thought, to replace our ‘09 Rav which has been our “travel” vehicle all along. But now he says it’s the “grocery getter” and he plans to replace out ‘06 truck to use for our car trailer (we never take it anywhere) and for long trips. I guess he forgets although I keep bringing it up that taking the truck that one time to Florida was a total nightmare. If you remember a few months back we ordered a BMW X5 but when it came it we didn’t take it. He had a few reasons, but the real reason came out a few weeks ago when he said he was going to use the money we saved by getting the Edge instead of the BMW would go towards the purchase of his new truck. BTW, you don’t “tell” him anything. The Edge is really all I need.
I didn’t go to the gym this morning. It was almost 60 today. I spend some time in my quilt studio. I used to think I’d have to live to 200 to use all my fabric but now I’m convinced that I have to come back to a second life to finish. Lol
Diane- prayers for Elmer.
Diana- good to see you.
Where’s Sandra today? Hope she’s ok.
Theresa- thanks for the card. Yours is always my first.

Last edited by Missmommy (12/04/2023 10:59 am)

12/03/2023 6:40 pm  #10

HERE I AM EVERYONE.  SORRY TO WORRY YOU.  IT WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS.
STARTED OUT BUSY SINCE I WAS HAVING COMPANY, BOTH SON AND HIS WIFE TODAY.  STILL NOT FEELING UP TO PAR BUT MANAGE TO GET THRU THE DAYS DOING BITS HERE AND THERE.
MY DAU-I-LAW BROUGHT ALONG A JACKET WITH A TEAR IN THE LINING OF ONE SLEEVE.  I FIXED THAT AND LUCKY FOR ME IT DID NOT TAKE LONG.
THEY BOTH SHOPPED FOR ME AND GOT EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE OREO COOKIE PIE SHELLS I WANTED TO MAKE MY MISSISSIPPI MUD PIES.  MAYBE NEXT TIME.  NOT A BIG LOSS SINCE I HAVE SO MANY OTHER THINGS ON MY ROSTER TO MAKE FOR XMAS IN CANDY, FUDGE AND COOKIES.
THEY TOOK HOME SOME CANDY I HAD HERE AND SOME SOUP AND TATER TOT CASSEROLE.  WAS HAPPY TO SHARE WITH THEM PER USUAL.
I DID NOT GET MUCH SLEEP LAST NITE AND UP EARLY SO WAS VERY TIRED WHEN MY FAMILY LEFT.  I SAT DOWN ON THE SOFA TO WATCH A STEVE AND EDIE SPECIAL ON PBS AND FELL ASLEEP.  FELT GOOD TO GET CAUGHT UP ON SOME WINKS, BUT IT SURE MADE ME LATE POSTING TODAY.

SAN.......SENDING ALONG PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR ELMER THAT HE IMPROVES.

DEVONNE......LOVED ALL THOSE EMBROIDERY PIECES YOU DID.  LOVELY.

WE NEVER GOT THAT RAIN THEY PROMISED THE LAST 2 DAYS BUT ITS STARTING TO SNOW A BIT.  THEY CLAIM MAYBE 2 INCHES OF THE WHITE STUFF BEFORE MORNING.  AND GUESS WHAT, I TURNED ON MY HEAT.  WELL, I RESET THE THERMOSTAT TO 73 BUT ITS STILL TOO WARM IN MY APT. TO KICK IN YET.  THERE'S NO ACTUAL HEAT COMING INTO MY PLACE AND ITS NOT YET NEEDED.

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD EVENING.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/03/2023 6:47 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/03/2023 10:27 pm  #11

HI!

IF THIS TOO LARGE, I APOLOGIZE. DS#2 TWEAKED THE LAPTOP IN HOPE I CAN SEE IT BETTER.

I HAVE CAUGHT UP ON THE POST. JUST NOT MUCH TO SAY. STILL HAVING A LITTLE DIZZINESS.  MY SIS'FRIEND HAD TO BE TAKEN TO HOSPITAL. MY SIS HAD GONE TO CHECK ON HER FRIDAY. SHE FOUND HER ON THE COUCH AND SIMI RESPONSIVE. SIS CALLED HER UNCLE AND THE RESCUE SQUAD WAS CALLED. SHE WAS A LITTLE MORE ALERT BY THE TIME THEY CAME. HER BP WAS HIGH AS WELL AS HER BLOOD SUGAR. TURNS OUT SHE HAS COVID. THEY ONLY KEPT HER ABOUT 24 HOURS. SHE IS DOING BETTER AS COVID IS CONCERNED. SHE IS HAVING OTHER ISSUES THAT WILL HAVE TO BE ADDRESSED. AT LEAST HER FAMILY IS AWARE NOW OF THEM AND CAN START DOING SOMETHING TO HELP HER. A VERY SAD SITUATION. SHE IS NOT PLEASED THAT SHE HAD TO STAY IN QUARENTINED FOR 5 DAYS. FRIENDS AND RELATIVES WILL TAKE HER FOOD THIS WEEK.

WE HAVE A LOT OF DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS THIS COMING WEEK. ALWASY FUN. NOT!!!!!!  WILL TAKE A LOT OF MY SIS' TIME THIS WEEK.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THOSE4 I MISSED.

BETTER GET OFF. GETTING LATE.

CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR ELMER AND LYNN.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.........................

ETA: THANK YOU FOR THE CARDS, CHRISTMAS AND THINKING OF YOU.

Last edited by strings (12/03/2023 10:28 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/03/2023 10:35 pm  #12

I am glad you are OK SANDRA It was quite a busy day for you, and a lot to do and cook. If you can't get the pie shells you want can you just melt some butter and use biscuits/cookies That is mostly what I do anyway. I rarely make pastry - I am just not good with it. I do have a recipe that I want to try, they suggest freezing and grating the butter, and then mixing it all up. Sounds easy enough LOL

DEVONNE I think there was another design of the ones you deleted, the buggy was there, I but can't remember the other one. They are all cute, AND when I see them on my iMac they are 4 and 5 across, so a good size.

BJ so sorry you are not feeling so good today sending love to you!!

JANET you made the decision to stay with him and all his quirks, I guess you are used to it, I just couldn't, I love my little car, but when I get another (if I do LOL ) it will be my choice, We both chose the Mazda, but he was the one that had to  be really happy with it and it's primarily his car. He loves my little i30 though, and loves when he gets the chance to drive it. 

SAN I do hope that Elmer is OK, having dialysis all the time he needs special care. Remember to take care of you.

I went to yoga, brought home my esky, and I had left my drink bottle behind after the party. I have lamb chops out for dinner, I was going to cook the eggplant, but forgot - I might do it tomorrow as a side dish. Don't think I have any tomato passata left. I forgot to order more.

There is a fun cook on Facebook and instagram, RecipeTinEats. She has a web site too I think. She has tons of recipes, and all have a video with them. It's so good when you see how it happens. I have her book and have made quite a lot from it. 
I have to make another pudding/cake. The one left over I have promised parts of to a few. so I'll cut it onto 4, and make the next for Sara and her family.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/03/2023 10:37 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/04/2023 9:07 am  #13

TRISH.......I NEED TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COOKIE PIE SHELLS FOR THE MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE SO THE STORE-BOUGHT OREO ONES ARE PERFECT.  I USED TO MAKE MY OWN BY CRUSHING OREO COOKIES, BUT THAT TAKES ENERGY.  I GO THE EASY ROUTE THESE DAYS. 
AS FOR PIE CRUSTS, I USE THE 'NEVER FAIL PIE CRUST' RECIPE AND NEVER FAIL FOR MY BUNDIES.  I USED TO BE A FAILURE BEFORE THAT.  EVEN MY MOTHER COULD NOT TEACH ME THE 'PROPER FEEL' FOR THE DOUGH AND SHE WAS A GOOD COOK.  HAD A DINER IN THE OLDEN DAYS THAT WAS WELL-FILLED BY THE MILL WORKERS AND THE LOCAL POLICE ON THE BEAT.
IF YOU WANT THE RECIPE, LET ME KNOW. 

WE FINALLY GOT OUR MOISTURE IN THE FORM OF ABOUT 2 INCHES OR A BIT LESS OF SNOW.  IT LOOKS PRETTY BUT ITS NOT GOOD FOR DRIVING.  MAKES THE ROADS SLIPPERY OVER THE LOOSE DUST AND SAND ON THE ROADS BELOW THE SNOW.  I DON'T GO ANYWHERE SO DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SUCH THINGS THESE DAYS.

TODAY WILL BE QUIET.  I AM FEELING BETTER SO PLAN TO WORK ON MY WHS.  I NEED TO LAYER AND QUILT THEM AND BIND THEM.  I WILL BE BOUNCING AROUND TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT BACKGROUND FOR THEM.

I BOUGHT SOME HONEY YESTERDAY TO HAVE WITH MY TEA AND GOLLY, IT COST ME A BIT OVER TEN DOLLARS FOR A 2 LB JAR.  IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JARS, THAT'S NOT HUGE AT ALL, BUT ITS WORTH IT TO ME.  I ADORE HONEY.  HAVEN'T HAD IT FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW.

THAT'S IT FOLKS.  HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/04/2023 9:07 am)

12/04/2023 9:46 am  #14

Sandra, glad you got the sleep you needed. Can you have the oreo pie shell delivered? With Walmart, it's a $35 limit.

I did the Bengal cat design last night, but I'm not happy with the colors. Their cats are much darker with an oranger undercoat. Getting ready to start another one now.

Gary has 3 dr. appts. today. Emily asked if I wanted to go, but I chose to stay home. They will be downtown all day. Hope they can find out why his red blood count is high and praying it's not cancerous. That is what they are checking for today.

Janet, before he makes major decisions that affect both of you, you should talk & make the decision together. Guess he's too set in his ways to change him now, lol.  Billy told me once I couldn't get a car on my own without him signing for me. My neighbor and I went to the Toyota dealer and I came home with a Toyota Cressida. He was so mad, he kicked the car, lol. Proved him wrong and it was the best vehicle we had ever bought, lol!  Years later, when I told him I wanted to sell the Avalon, he said it was my car and he was fine with it. I'm so glad we did because my Highlander has been the best vehicle we have owned and I have loved having an SUV.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/04/2023 9:46 am)

D e v o n n e

12/04/2023 10:30 am  #15

Good Morning, just have a few minutes, so thought I'd send a quick message.  Tracy is here to take Frank to Dr., thought I might go, too!  It would be nice to get out.  Of course, it is raining, as usual.  Breezy!  It is a nasty day.  I really don't have anything to say this morning.  Have done my exercises so I'm on the way to a good day, maybe!!

Hope you all have a great day, sending love and best wishes to everyone.  Love to all, BJ.

12/04/2023 1:30 pm  #16

Waiting for a call-back from the newspaper.  I got a letter informing me that the price was going up--$9/mo. 
this occurs twice a year so I call and without any discussion, they lower it for the next 6 mos,   I was waiting for the new credit card to come (after the hacking of the old one)  to call them, which it did on Friday.  Now, after several attempts of pushing the # button for the  promised call-back,  NOTHING!!    You're just at the mercy of nearly every business/service...  I wish the daily paper wasn't so important to me, but I've given up most of the things I've enjoyed and want to keep this one as long as I can.  In the scheme of things, this is a little thing, but it's MY thing...today  

We had a good time eating out for our Christmas lunch with the small group.  Went to an Italian restaurant  and then back to Mary's house for dessert.  
-------------------------------------------long long phone calls--------------------------------------------------------
Since I started this, I'm going to go on.  Ruthie's granddaughter attends Alabama and she wanted to talk about them winning the game on Saturday.  I'm SUCH a football fan! ! 
Then, I talked with ML who has tested positive for Covid.  She's so exhausted and puny.  A friend is bringing them supper.  (A better "friend than her mother is).  I don't know what we're having at this point!

Glad to hear Elmer has moved up in the hospital care.  Like others have said, San, take care of yourself as best you can.  We're all here for you.

Devonne, loved the blocks.  I thought they were patterns, not completed blocks.    Hope Gary and Emily find out what's going on.  That would have been a long day for you.  

QB, it's nice to be in control of what  you do.  I often feel like I have a monkey on my back, especially with these darn electronics.  Forever!  I have not been getting notification of texts and have to tap dance because I didn't know someone has texted me., ie, ML this morning.  So she and Bill, together, talked me through the steps to fix that and between them and Howard each sending me one for a test, that seems to be fixed, now.  I involved them because Howard is very snarky about I-phones. HE has an android and much prefers IT of which he is more than happy to tell you, and often, so I didn't ask him, initially.  Sometimes, I'd like to take my devises one at a time and throw them into the woods.  But, then, I wouldn't have all of you, so...  Sorry for the two rants.  I'm going to settle down and try making some yeast rolls in the crock pot.  Didn't know that was possible until I watched a tv show that showed that.  Better get started as they have to rise as always.  

Have a good remainder of the day.  HO HO HO!  
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (12/04/2023 1:30 pm)

12/04/2023 2:09 pm  #17

I'm back! How lucky to get me twice in one day, lol! 

Judy, they are machine embroidery designs I buy online and transfer to a USB flash drive to use in my older emb. machine. With the newer Brother machines, you can download the designs right from your phone to your machine. Waaaah...woe is me! 

The designs haven't been ironed yet and they are all on the same bright white fabric, although the pictures don't look that way.

I made a big move today. I signed up for the Discover debit card. You get 1% cashback every time you use your debit card. I know 1% isn't much, but it adds up. I don't think it works with all sites, such as Amazon. I will also have Bill Pay, which is so easy and I love it! Their savings account pays 4.50% is another reason I signed up. I have Capital One now and Bank of Ozark and will be closing those. I have two boxes of checks and have only used one check to pay Dee, my dog groomer. This is my first time of not having a local bank, but I can get cash at Walmart or the grocery store. I can also use local ATM's. Since I opened the Bank of Ozark account, I've never been there so I think I will be fine. I still don't have any credit cards since Billy passed away and have done fine without them. I would be afraid to get one, lol! 

Gary's high red blood count could also be caused by lack of oxygen. His next appt. is January 4th, but we should have some results in a few days. Today the cardiologist said Gary's veins in his right leg are measuring between 2,000-4,000. They should be in the 100-400 range (not sure what kind of measurement this is.) He said the blood is not flowing properly back to his heart. Gary had this problem before Covid, but the cardiologist said Covid has made it a lot worse. He told Gary this to prepare him for his vascular disease appt. on 12/26. He will need some type of procedure. So much going on with his health. Emily is so stressed out.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/04/2023 2:31 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/04/2023 9:28 pm  #18

Another one of my quilt Bees ( I’m in 3) is having its holiday luncheon tomorrow. 
I’ve never been to the restaurant that they’ve picked.  Hopefully it’s as good as everyone says.  It doesn’t really matter, it gets me out of the house.

12/05/2023 7:17 am  #19

GOOD MORNING!
BUSY WEEK. WE ARE OKAY. JUST A LOT OF APPOINYMENTS. WE LIKE TO TREAT MY SIS TO A MEAL FOR DRVIM
NG US. IT IS TRAT FOR US AS WELL..

THINKING OF EVERONE. PRAYERS...............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/05/2023 9:18 am  #20

DEVONNE.........I DON'T DEAL WITH WALMART.  I HAVE NOT SET UP AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM YET.  I AM HAPPY WITH MY LOCAL GROCERY CHAIN AND TARGET.  I MAY TRY TO GET THE OREO PIE SHELLS FROM TARGET AS A LAST RESORT.
PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR GARY AND THAT HE LEARNS SOME GOOD NEWS SOON.  I KNOW HOW YOU MUST BE WORRYING.  OUR KIDS ARE ALWAYS OUR LITTLE KIDS.

JANET.......I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR LUNCHEON AT THE NEW PLACE.

LINDA.......NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING.  STAY POSITIVE.

ITS SUNNY AND BRIGHT AFTER OUR SNOW BUT COLD.  I THINK I WILL STAY INDOORS.  LOL.
AS FOR MY DAY, THINGS ARE PLANNED INCLUDING MAKING MY FIRST BATCH OF PEANUT BUTTER BALLS.  THEN TONITE I PLAN TO MAKE MYSELF SOME PIZZA.  SEWING IS SCHEDULED AS WELL.  I SHOULD STAY QUITE BUSY.  I MAILED OUT A FEW XMAS CARDS YESTERDAY BUT NOT ALL OF THEM.  AMAZES ME HOW TIRED ONE CAN GET FROM WRITING OUT CARDS.  I DID ALL THE ONES FOR THIS BUILDING, TOO.

I AM THANKFUL FOR CUPBOARDS BRIMMING WITH FOODSTUFF.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A NICE, COZY, WARM APT.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD WHO CARE ABOUT ONE ANOTHER.
I HAVE THINGS TO DO LADIES.  BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/05/2023 9:22 am)

Board footera