OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/11/2023 11:59 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 10 ~ SAT DEC 16

HOLLY I looked at your blog, that is a big job, it will be great when it's finished, is that heat/cold protection in the wall spaces? The stray cats will love having a space under too!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/12/2023 10:05 am  #22

Good Morning, it is so still outside, not a breath of air!  Frank is up, Rhonda will be here soon to take him to Dr., not sure what for.  I have Christmas lights in the window, they are so pretty.

Well, I don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, Love, BJ.

12/12/2023 10:28 am  #23

Trish, he didn't get any new meds. His Covid doctors at Emory prescribe his meds. He certainly doesn't need any more meds! 

I have no clue what causes this. I would love to read his discharge papers. Emily thinks the last time it happened, it was because of kidney stones and the time before that an infection. This time she thinks it's the cardiologist changed his meds last Monday. Who knows?? 

I am headed to Walmart to get a few things. They are always out of the Mini Moos half & half I get for my coffee, so this time I'm going in to shop. Pet Sense is next door so I'll pick up the dog food there. I offered to take Gary anything he wanted, but he said he's fine. I'm sure he still doesn't have an appetite. 

I have my Christmas cards ready to go. I went to Dollar Tree and bought individual ones. It was more expensive, but it was fun picking them out! Carter bought a 4 ft. Christmas tree for his room and when I asked what was "the little thing" he wanted to get, he couldn't remember, lol! 

I almost have laryngitis. It's all the drainage that's been going on for a few months.

It was cold here last night, 29 degrees, and a beautiful frost this morning that looked like a light snow. It's going up to 56 today, which I can't complain since it is December.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/12/2023 10:30 am)

D e v o n n e

12/12/2023 10:36 am  #24

Gas is under $3 for the first time in forever! 
Went to the bank drive up window to deposit a check. New policy- they text you a link, you have to click you’re not a robot, then they text and you have to put in your PIN number, all before they process your transaction! What a PIA! She said it’s to prevent fraud, I said if someone wants to deposit money in my account to let them! I told her I know she doesn’t make the policy, but it sure slows the line down! Luckily, I only get checks very infrequently, this was a state tax rebate.

We went to breakfast while we were out.
Ashley texted me a pic of the new dog and her other dogs all curled up in a pile. 

12/12/2023 10:44 am  #25

JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN.  NOTHING TO REPORT.  LAZY DAY FOR ME.
HAVE A GOOD ONE.  HUGS, QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/12/2023 7:15 pm  #26

It's and Ps continue for Diana and family.

Hope Gary is doing better.

It's and Ps for Lynne as well.

Dizziness not to bad but have caught crud D's has had something so guess that is it. Feels like bronchitis. And a runny nose.. Coughing a lot. Oh what fun--------Not!

Thinking of everyone. Prayers..........

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/12/2023 9:31 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/12/2023 7:47 pm  #27

Lynn’s surgery went well yesterday. The lumpectomy took about an hour. Then plastic surgeon did a little liposuction on tummy to fill in where lump was removed. A few hours later she was home! She’s having some pain today but meds are keeping it under control. Otherwise not feeling too bad. Thanks for caring about her.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/12/2023 9:31 pm)

12/12/2023 9:42 pm  #28

MARYLOU I am so glad it went well, keeping her in my thoughts and prayers, hope she can be comfortable soon.
That is a relief to have it done and she's home (((()hugs))))

SANDRA lazy day here too, I have a nice salmon wellington for dinner, went to Aldi, also got a couple books, one for Gary  and one for Megan. It's the Harry Potter Cookbook, she'll get a kick out of that, she's  big Harry P fan!

DEVONNE hoping that Gary is doing OK, and the E has calmed down a little. Have you started your Quilt as you go.

THANK YOU to JANET, CAROL AND THERESA, for your lovely cards, it was very nice of you!My gosh, hasn't Luke grown!! He is so tall now 

STRINGS hope you are feeling Ok and coping well, is Daryl doing OK?

I just got the tree down, the Mr went to load some forms to prove we don't have 2  superannuation accounts, but seems the new Mac isn't talking to the printer LOL so now he's driven to one of the offices. HONESTLY, how do these departments run. They could have told us anytime in the last few months. 
We have been waiting on news since we applied in July!! Finally they send that they need more info, REALLY - he's fuming, and they said if we don't reply by Dec 25 they will refuse our claim for government pension. We had to wait till we met certain criteria to make a claim, we do get a card for cheap meds, but this will give us free registration for one of our cars and some other perks - I think. I doubt they'd give us both registrations. 

I better get moving on the tree, it's hot but the a/c is working well. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/13/2023 2:03 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/13/2023 10:28 am  #29

DEVONNE.......YEARS AGO I HAD PANIC ATTACKS SO CAN TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE ITS VERY SCARY.  YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.  ALL THE EARMARKS FOR IT.  THE FAINT FEELING, THE CLAMMY SKIN, THE PRESSURE IN YOUR CHESAT, ALL SIGNS THAT SHOW UP DURING PANIC ATTACKS.  THE MORE YOU ARE SCARED THE WORSE IT GETS.  YOU CAN PASS OUT COMPLETELY.   I LEARNED HOW TO COPE WITH IT AND WILL TELL YOU HOW SO YOU CAN PASS IT ON.
WHEN YOU FEEL THAT STRANGE FEELING COMING ON ITS USUALLY FROM INHALING TOO MUCH OXYGEN SINCE YOU ARE NERVOUS FOR SOME REASON.  YOU MAY NOT EVEN REALIZE YOU ARE NERVOUS.  AT SUCH A TIME ITS NORMAL TO INHALE A LOT.  THE TRICK IS TO INHALE TO THE COUNT OF 3 AND EXHALE SLOWLY TO THE COUNT OF 5 OR 6.  YOU HAVE TO GET RID OF THE EXTRA OXYGEN IN YOUR SYSTEM.  IT EVEN WORKED FOR WHILE DRIVING TO WORK ONE MORNING.  I JUST INHALED AND EXHALED FOR SEVERAL MINUTES AND I FELT QUITE A BIT BETTER AFTERWARDS.
IT WORKS.
SOMETIMES EVEN NOW WHEN MY HEART GIVES ME A BIT OF A WOBBLE, I START TO PANIC A BIT.  I DO THE BREATHING EXERCISE AND IN MINUTES I FEEL BETTER FOR NOT HAVING LET THAT MUCH OXYGEN PERCOLATE THRU MY SYSTEM.
ITS LIKE THE BREATHING IN A BAG ROUTINE BUT EASIER SINCE YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIND A PAPER BAG.  YOU JUST NEED TO BREATHE PROPERLY TO GET RID OF THE EXCESS OXYGEN.

MARYLOU......WHAT GOOD NEWS ABOUT OUR DEAR LYNN.  I AM GLAD SHE'S ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY AND FEELING SO MUCH BETTER.  THUMBS UP FOR LYNN.

LINDA......YIKES, SOUNDS LIKE YOU CAUGHT IT GOOD.  I HOPE YOU WILL TAKE IT EASY FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS.  THE HOUSE WILL STILL BE STANDING EVEN WITH DISHES IN THE SINK SO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

I PLAN TO MAKE MYSELF SOME POTATO PANCAKES TODAY SINCE I HAVE SOME SOUR CREAM I NEED TO USE UP SOON.  I AM FEELING MORE ENERGETIC TODAY.
THERE'S BINGO TONITE AND I HOPE I WIN A BIT OF $$$ THIS WEEK.  ITS NICE TO COME HOME WITH A BIT OF CHANGE.
I REALLY SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY SEWING MOJO SO MY PROJECTS ARE ON HOLD FOR NOW BUT THEY ARE NOTHING FOR XMASTIME SO ITS OK.  ONES A WINTER SCENE, THE GOLDFISH WITH THE EARMUFFS,  AND ONE IS MY BABY DRAGON WITH A FRIEND, I CHOSE A RABBIT.
I PLANNED TO MAKE SOME COOKIES BUT STEPPED ON THE SCALE AND I GAINED A FEW POUNDS.  SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING  MAKES FOR A GOOD TIME TO WATCH TV AND EAT, EAT, EAT.  I HAVE BEEN STUFFING MYSELF EVIDENTLY.  I NEED TO CUT BACK.  IF I COOK SWEETS, I EAT THEM.  I CAN'T JUST IGNORE THEM. NO WILLPOWER.  SO I WILL HOLD OFF ON COOKING GOODIES TIL MAYBE NEXT WEEK.  
ITS A RATHER NICE DAY TODAY WITH SUNSHINE AND IN THE 40S SO NOT TOO BAD.
MY SON WON'T BE SHOPPING FOR ME THIS WEEKEND SINCE HE HAS TO WORK BOTH SAT. AND SUN. THIS WEEK.  I WILL ORDER GROCERIES ONLINE.  I DON'T MIND AT ALL BUT I MISS SITTING AND TALKING WITH HIM AND FEEDING HIM AS WELL.  BUT THAT'S GOOD TOO.  I DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE THAT MAC AND CHEESE I HAD PLANNED FOR HIM THIS WEEK.  I DEVOUR THAT STUFF WHEN I MAKE IT.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/13/2023 10:35 am)

12/13/2023 10:29 am  #30

Good Morning to everyone.   Trish, sounds like you have a lot going on!!  It is so still this morning, not a breath of air outside.  Everything is so still.  Wish I had some energy, but glad I'm still able to get up and do my exercises.  Do them morning and evening.  Guess that's what keeps me going.

Have no plans for the day.  Should add some decorations to the tree, but can't seem to find the energy to go look for them.  Rhonda will be over later and maybe I can have her look for them.  Such a struggle!!!

Have nothing more to say so will sign off and wish you all well, BJ.

12/13/2023 6:06 pm  #31

Marylou, so glad everything went well for Lynn. I was surprised how quick she was able to go home.

Linda, sorry you are sick. It is that time of year. I have a sore throat and laryngitis that comes and goes. It's from months of sinus drainage.

Trish, Emily has calmed down. Gary is feeling better. E's car has been here since Friday. I tried to move from the curb to the driveway, but the battery was dead. Today they came & got it. I have a great little battery charger that Gary loved. I'll get him one soon. He went to get a haircut & the car wouldn't start. He was only 3 miles away, so his "favorite mom" (as he calls me, lol) went to the rescue.

Holly, what bank has a procedure like that?  I think I would switch banks. I'm switching because Bank of Ozark has a lot of things I don't like. 

Sandra, thank you for explaining panic attacks. I will share this with Gary and Emily.

Trish, is Diana's address the 10th Street one? I haven't started on the Quilt(s) As You Go. I've been a little under par. I do not want to do hand sewing on these quilts...3 of them! I watched Monica again and she doesn't like hand sewing. She uses fusible tape, so I ordered some from Amazon. 

Last edited by DownSouth (12/13/2023 6:11 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/13/2023 8:49 pm  #32

Mary Lou, how wonderful that Lynn did so well!

Devonne, it’s TD bank. I’m all for security, it just seemed like overkill when making a deposit. 

12/14/2023 5:53 am  #33

I rarely go to the bank. Most all done online….and direct deposit.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/14/2023 4:10 pm)

12/14/2023 10:19 am  #34

ANOTHER SUNNY AND COLD DAY HERE SO NORMAL.
I LOST 2 BUCKS AT BINGO LAST NIGHT.  I WISH I COULD WIN A BIT BUT SEEMS I AM ON A LOSING STREAK.  BUT IT WAS FUN AND WE GET TO CHAT AND LEARN A FEW THINGS FROM EACH OTHER.
OUR 'SLOW' GAL HAS MOVED TO A FACILITY THAT CAN HELP HER MORE.  SHE NEEDS MORE CARE AND HER SISTER JUST CAN'T BE THERE FOR HER ALL THE TIME.  ITS BEST FOR BOTH OF THEM.
ANOTHER GAL IN OUR GROUP WENT INTO THE ER AT MAINE MEDICIAL CENTER NOT FEELING HERSELF.  THEY KEPT HER OVERNITE SO FAR.  THEY THINK SHE MAY HAVE HAD A MINOR STROKE BUT ARE DOING TESTS.  SHE HAD A CHURCH COUPLE COME TAKE CARE OF HER CAT FOR HER.  MR. CAT IS DIABETIC AND NEEDS INSULIN SHOTS WHICH I TRIED TO LEARN TO DO BUT I AM WORRIED I MAY MESS UP, LIKE GET INTO A VEIN AND PLUG IT WITH AIR IN ERROR.  NOT GOOD.  SO SHE HAS A CHURCH FRIEND COME FOR THE CAT'S NEEDS.  THEY COME TO ME FOR HER KEY THOUGH SO I KNOW WHEN SOMEONE IS THERE IN HER APT.
ANYWAY, OUR GROUP WAS SMALLER LAST NITE BUT WE CHATTED.  AT OUR XMAS LUNCHEON WE WILL HAVE A POTLUCK DESSERT AND ALSO A YANKEE GIFT SWAP, 2 THINGS ADDED TO THE MENU TO MAKE IT MORE FUN.  I GAVE SOME NEW STILL-PACKAGED THINGS TO MY DAU A COUPLE MONTHS AGO WHICH I COULD HAVE USED FOR A GIFT SO I WILL TRY TO HAVE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES DELIVERED WITH MY GROCERY ORDER ON MONDAY.  AS TO A DESSERT, MAYBE SOME COOKIES OR FUDGE FROM ME.  IT DEPENDS ON IF I FEEL LIKE COOKING AND WHEN.  THE PARTY IS NEXT WEDNESDAY.  GOLLY, XMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER NOW LADIES.

I ENJOYED MY POTATO PANCAKES YESTERDAY AND TODAY I WILL HAVE SOME STEAK AND GRAVY.  I REALLY NEED TO CUT BACK ON THE CALORIES SINCE I GAINED A FEW POUNDS I REALLY DO NOT WANT NOR NEED.  I MAY BE COOKING FEWER GOODIES THAN PLANNED THIS XMAS.

BJ......I AM SORRY YOU ARE HAVING A HARD TIME WITH LOSS OF ENERGY AND NOT DOING MUCH EACH DAY.  MY WISH FOR YOU IS YOU FEEL BETTER BEFORE LONG.    THANK GOODNESS FOR YOUR GIRLS.

LINDA......I HOPE YOU RECENT AILMENT IS THINKING OF LEAVING YOU SOON TO LOOK FOR GREENER PASTURES.  YOU DO NOT NEED THIS ON YOUR PLATE.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY TODAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/14/2023 10:29 am)

12/14/2023 11:06 am  #35

Good Morning to everyone.  It is raining outside and 46*, crummy day!!  I don't have any plans for the day, Rhonda will be over later, this is her day off.
Frank is up and moving around.  I do feel like I should check in every day, but have no plans and likely will do nothing except watch TV.  I hope you all have a wonderful day, I have nothing to say so will sign off and wish you all well, sending love and best wishes,BJ.

12/14/2023 11:53 am  #36

GOOD AFTERNOON!

TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH READING. FEEL PRETTY CRUMMY TODAY. DARRELL IS COUGHING A LOT. MORE THAN ME, I Y
THINK.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS..........

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/14/2023 4:10 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/14/2023 4:09 pm  #37

DEVONNE No, the old address for SAN is in  OR (Aurora) PM if anyone wants it

Have to be quick this morning, our lunch is today, and I need to get out and look for flowers for Julie.

SANDRA so sorry about the loss, and also sorry about the weight gain, you know what you have to do, sounds like me, THEN I can't stop snacking LOL

BJ I love how you wish us all well and send love EVERY day, just knowing you are checking is  fantastic ((((hugs)))

STRINGS that crud lasts a long time, I hope you start to feel better soon (((hugs)))

DEVONNE the breathing for panic attacks is fabulous, maybe his lungs are not so good either, maybe you can carry a paper bag, the hold trick of breathing into it (short time only ! ) is a good one also.

John got his results yesterday, he did well, scored 80 points for his ATAR ( Australian university ranking) he only needed 60, so he is fine to get into Uni. His marks for his exams were very good also, in the top 15-20% of everything, Imagine what he could have got if he actually did some study LOL (instead of going over notes etc before the exam ) 
Megan DID point that out to him, and was smartly told "it's just a number, don't get all hung up on it !" 

Time is running out. I need a shower, and it's going to be HOT again today, sick of this already. and it's getting worse, at least I was able to get us a good table in the A/C today, instead of the garden area  -- they do have misting sprays that make it feel cooler (and not wet LOL) in the garden, but better to be inside.

Also finished putting up my tree, small decorations and nativity scene etc, and got more decorations for both me and Megan, AND she took one of my quilts home as well, more out of the house LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/14/2023 4:12 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/14/2023 7:59 pm  #38

Trish, I thought  she had posted she lives in Washington. I mailed my cards to her today, a sympathy card & Christmas card. I sent them to the Vancouver, WA address. Oops! She won't get them. Congratulations to John. Doesn't seem like he's old enough to go to a university, lol!

I tried to do a turtle design for Logan's GF for Christmas. I stopped at 15,002 stitches to wind some bobbins. When I came back, I started at 1,502 stitches. I had also moved the original design down much lower on the towel & it started in the original center where they always start! I'm not giving up; trying it again.

BJ, enjoy watching your TV. I used to watch Family Feud and Jeopardy.

Linda, hope you and Darrell start feeling better soon. My ears are popping like crazy. Gargling salt water has helped my throat feel better. It's normally my ears that send me to the doctor. I haven't met my deductible for this year, as I haven't been to any doctors. Hope this goes away on it's own.

Sandra, reading about your "slow gal" makes me appreciate where my sister is and she's getting the care she needs. This time of year I'm sure is hectic for Matt being a Fed-X driver. What is your grandson doing now? I've also gained weight so I'm back to eating better. If I didn't have a sweet tooth, I would do just fine, lol.

D e v o n n e

12/14/2023 9:01 pm  #39

Trish, I’m in John’s camp. I never brought home a book senior year, and made honor roll every semester. I never had to really study til I went to college. 

I just finished Afghan #12 for the year, yay! It’s a Xmas gift for Eddie’s girlfriend Steph. I made them matching afghans, the ones that are shaded to look like the sea. 

Janet, I also rarely go to the bank, we have direct deposit, and I use the MAC machine (ATM to the rest of the world) when I need cash. Remember when we got actual checks for pay and had to go to the bank every week? Yikes, glad those days are done.

12/15/2023 12:53 am  #40

We had a lovely lunch,  nice to catch up without sewing as well. 
Everyone enjoyed their little gift boxes, and we also had home made Rocky Road, star shaped cookies, and hand cream as others gave a "little something" . We gave Julie a nice bottle of wine, flowers and she got a bigger serve of Rocky Road LOL

I had prawn tacos, 3 small soft taco/tortillas with a couple huge tiger prawns and some salsa in each, it was yummy. Just the right size. 

HOLLY I just wish he would do a little more, and not be so lazy, it's not like he has lots of other things to do, I feel like he's not learning to work to his potential, but he's a teenager - what do I expect!  I have't heard of MAC what does it mean, we only use ATM here. How is John doing, is he ok walking now?

JANET I rarely go to the bank either, and when we do they often mess up something BUT last time the young guy showed me how to do more on their App, so I can now change interest rates on my accounts to get a better rate. 
We set it up to give me a certain percentage for 3 months, so we put a note in my phone to redo it then, as they will automatically go to a lower rate. 

SANDRA I have a plan to NOT gain weight over Christmas, Sara gave us a sheet to add our meal ideas PLUS what training sessions we will go to AND we can send our weight to her each week so we keep on track, we can still have a bit of a binge at Christmas and parties, but she gave us ideas so we don't eat too many of the wrong things. Biggest was =19.5pxplan ahead, and make sure we ordered first so we didn't get food envy from someone else LOL

The Mr is going to the soccer, but only just got home, it's my Dianne's birthday today, so Gary and the girls are having dinner together. I have the A/C on, but it's not quite as bad today, it will be awful tomorrow though!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera