OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/29/2023 2:00 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY DEC 10 ~ SAT DEC 16

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/29/2023 2:01 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/10/2023 1:49 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 10 ~ SAT DEC 16

THAT day is getting closer, and I still haven't done anything.
Tonight, just before I got here I ordered can Advent jigsaw puzzle, plus another one, the Advent one will come tomorrow, so I have something fro me, but I guess that doesn't count LOL

DEVONNE you did what you thought was right, if you don't have all the info you can't be expected to know what is best. Try not to stress about it. and if he's in care right now he might get the help he needs ((((hugs)))) 

I have done a few Quilt As You Go  (QAYG) and I do like them, I like being able to quilt each block, and do it differently, I hope you like it as much as I do!

SANDRA getting colder for you AND hotter for me LOL  I really, really don't like the heat, it was awful yesterday till quite late, and today is hot, but only high 80s. The week coming we won't get under 80 any day  and a few we will head to 100 or more. Not looking forward to that!

INDY I have a pic of Sue - I think - I'll search it out later, I have to do it on the iPad, I might try on the new computer, I never could on the old one, it took forever to load the pics. I hope he had a fun night.

HOLLY getting treatment here is similar, but often checking in at the front desk you are just asked a few questions, and they put you in a queue,  if they have more urgent cases they will take them, also if it's chest pains, and SOME do stay they have, just to get in faster. Then when you do get called you see a nurse or intern. Last time I went in an ambulance, I was still in a queue, and they wanted to  move me to the waiting room, I declined as I couldn't sit. It's so busy in our emergency depts. People use it for everything, we only go  if absolutely necessary. 

I finally decided on my project for Temperature quilt, I have an idea, and just bought some graph paper, I will have to design it on that.
Going to be fun! I also got another 1/2 metre of the middle ranges of temps. OI will probably need more of them.

The Mr is at the soccer, and I have leftovers for dinner, so it's an easy night, I might go sort out some washing now, so I can get the first load in early. 

I finished watching Private Practice, they are the most unprofessional doctors ever! I know it's only a story, but honestly it was pretty poor LOL 

I am looking for something good to watch, we can't get Hallmark, I would love to watch some Christmas movies. I can get a few on Netflix and Disney, but not many. 

I was talking with my sis yesterday on her way to work, she was heading to get her group home their dinner - she has 4 in that home and they cook their meals as well as care for them, she had a split shift, she just missed the most awful storm, she saw the damage - all lights out. No power and roofs off, so much damage, she said later she was told it happened 15 mins before she drove through, and it was a mini  tornado. Scary stuff, I saw pics of the damage in the news!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/10/2023 1:56 am  #3

I fond this one! The is Julie holding her camera up, in the black, and I'm closer to the dinosaur

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/10/2023 6:40 am  #4

60*, heavy rain and foggy. I’m waiting to go out til at least the fog lifts. I really need to get gifts, cards, etc in the mail very soon. Where did Dec go?

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/10/2023 7:10 pm)

12/10/2023 7:11 am  #5

December 10, 2023... Sunday 5:00 am

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Have a good day..

DH Elmer is dead.. total kidney shutdown..Dr's said he was way sicker than they thought.. they thought he would last a week or more once they stopped the dialysis.. his blood pressure would drop really low with each dialysis.. he died within 2 days..

Later..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

12/10/2023 7:58 am  #6

So sorry for your loss San

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

12/10/2023 11:32 am  #7

OH MY GOSH, NOT THE NEWS I WANTED TO HEAR.  SAN, I AM SO SORRY.  I WISH IT HAD BEEN DIFFERENT.  HE MUST HAVE BEEN WORSE THAN THEY EXPECTED.  
LOVE AND PRAYERS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO YOU.  ITS GOING TO BE ROUGH ESPECIALLY FOR AWHILE.  I HOPE YOU MANAGE TO GET THRU THIS TOUGH TIME STRONG.
HUGS.
QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/10/2023 11:33 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/10/2023 1:14 pm  #8

Diana, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

D e v o n n e

12/10/2023 1:25 pm  #9

San, I’m so sorry! 

12/10/2023 1:29 pm  #10

Good Morning to everyone!!  Diana, so very sorry for your loss, hang in there!!  It is a very cloudy day here, no sun.  It is 48* right now.  I really don't have much to say so will be very brief and sign off.  Wishing you all well, Love, BJ.

12/10/2023 1:54 pm  #11

San- prayers for you. May G-d bless you, your family and Elmer. 🙏🏻

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/10/2023 7:09 pm)

12/10/2023 2:44 pm  #12

Trish, there are Christmas movies on You Tube if you have it. Also Prime Video if you have Amazon Prime.

Gary wasn't discharged today because of his oxygen level.

Holly, I'm headed over to look at your blog.

I'm finished with the blocks to start Carter's quilt. I'll finish Caleb's blocks later today.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/10/2023 2:49 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/10/2023 3:23 pm  #13

TRISH.....WE ARE GETTING XMAS MOVIES ON ABOUT 4 OR 5 OF OUR CHANNELS FOR HOURS ON END.  CHECK YOUR LISTINGS.  YOU MAY HAVE MORE THAN YOU THINK.
I ADDED YOUR SUE PICTURE TO MY ALBUMS.  I NEVER KNEW THEY HAD SUCH LONNNNG NECKS.  LOVE THE PHOTO.

TODAY I REC'D ONE OF THE ANIMATED DINOSAUR DVDS I ORDERED LAST WEEK, THIS ONE TITLED 'DINOSAUR' ABOUT A DINOSAUR EGG DROPPED INTO A RIVER BY A THIEVING PTERADACTYL AND FOUND BY SOME LEMURS ON AN ISLAND AND THEIR LIFE'S JOURNEY TO A BETTER PLACE.  I REALLY LIKE THAT ONE.  I AM AWAITING ONE OTHER TITLED "WALKING WITH DINOSAURS" ALSO ANIMATED AND ENJOYABLE ABOUT THE EXCITING LIFE OF A PAIR OF DINOSAURS FROM BIRTH TO GROWN UP.  YOU KNOW ME BY NOW, A LOVER OF DINOSAUR MOVIES.

I GOT MY LAUNDRY DONE.  I ALSO DELIVERED XMAS CARDS TO THE 1ST AND 2ND FLOORS.  THE 3RD FLOOR WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER DAY.
I HAVE POTATOES PEELED AND SOAKING IN COLD WATER TO MAKE SOME MASHED POTATOES LATER.  I WANT ENOUGH LEFTOVERS FOR SHARING WITH A NEIGHBOR WHO ONLY EATS MASHED AND NO OTHER TYPE OF POTATO AND ALSO TO MAKE SOME COTTAGE PIE WHICH IS ORIGINALLY SHEPHERD'S PIE BUT MADE WITH GROUND BEEF INSTEAD OF LAMB, SO ITS CALLED COTTAGE PIE.  
ITS TURNED OUT QUITE NICE IN TEMPS THO THE FOG WAS OUTRAGEOUS TODAY.  IT LASTED WELL INTO THE AFTERNOON WHICH IS RARE FOR US.  USUALLY IT BURNS OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS.
IT MAY HIT 50 TODAY SO THAT'S A WARM SPELL FOR US.
A RESIDENT TOLD ME WE MAY GET SOME HIGH WINDS LATER.  THAT MEANS LOSS OF POWER FOR US SINCE EVEN IF A SQUIRREL LOOKS AT A POWER LINE CROSS-EYED, WE LOSE POWER HERE IN OUR LITTLE TOWN.  I AM PREPARED WITH FOODS AND BATTERIES, LAMPS AND FLASHLIGHTS SO A-OK HERE THOUGH I HOPE THE PREDICTION FAILS.
I TRIED A CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE-ARONI CASSEROLE LAST NITE.  IT WAS NICE AND CREAMY BUT I FOUND IT QUITE SALTY.  I THINK THE RICE SEASONING PACK MAY HAVE A LOT OF SALT AND I ADDED SOME OF MY OWN WHICH DID NOT HELP MATTERS.  I WILL TRY IT AGAIN SOMETIME BUT WITHOUT ANY SALT ADDED AND MAYBE ONLY HALF THE RICE MIXTURE ADDED TO FLAVOR THE RICE.  OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS REALLY NICE.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING PRETTY WELL.  STAY SAFE AND ENJOY THIS HOLIDAY TIME.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/10/2023 3:34 pm)

12/10/2023 3:46 pm  #14

San, you have my sympathy.

12/10/2023 4:36 pm  #15

DIANA, MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO YOU AND TO YOUR FAMILY.. PRAYERS,...............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/10/2023 7:26 pm  #16

SAN I am so very sorry for your loss, I was expecting the worst, but hoping for the best ((((hugs))))

DEVONNE how is Gary? Any news? I hope he's doing OK, and maybe he can see a Dr who can help. 

SANDRA we don't have many Christmas movies showing, mostly people use Netflix or similar, I can find a few there, I will keep looking, they usually screen Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase on Christmas eve or day, it's often on here, and after many, many views they still laugh at it. We'll play our usual games after dinner I guess, the boys love that time together.

HOLLY how is your brother John, is he doing OK? I did your trick and ordered Amazon, I have Prime, so it's coming today LOL I'll probably cancel Prime after Christmas, I have used it 2 times in 6 months !

BJ I hope FRANK is feeling better now, how is his cough?

I am feeling tired already, sorted the washing last night, and now have finished 5 loads, I have no idea why the Mr has so much washing this week, he must have been changing his clothes 2 times a day, I know it's been hot, but ?? He could stay in them, we all get hot, no point in making my life more busy.

Dean is in his final days of school this year, and John will get his results on Thursday, so fingers crossed he got enough for his Uni course. 
They didn't want me to look after the dogs on Sat night, she said while it was hot they had shelter and plenty of water with ice in it. And they weren't going to be late, she said when they got home the light southerly had already started to they opened up the house and let the breeze through.

I need to find a good florist, I am in charge of buying flowers for Julie from all of us for her gift. It would also be Dianne's birthday on Friday, so I want to take some Christmas bush for her grave, she loved it so much, and always wanted me to keep some for her every year, and this year it's really red and looks great, so I'll cut some and go there before our lunch on Friday.
 Almost time for yoga, I am been drawing up my patterns for my quiilt, finished that now, so I'm all set when Jan 1 comes around!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/11/2023 10:51 am  #17

Good Morning, it is so nice to read what everyone is doing!  You all keep busy!!  It is a beautiful day here, about 46* and the sun is shining!!!  No wind, everything is very still.  Gloria will be here soon to clean, that is so nice!  Have a little gift for her, hope she enjoys it.  Also have one for Sharon tomorrow, then will see them the week of Christmas.
Hope everyone is ready for Christmas, it is certainly creeping up on us.  Believe Tracy and family will be here before Christmas, but leaving the Eve of because they have an event to attend.  Not sure when Rhonda will be here.
Well, I don't have anything to say, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful holiday season, Love, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (12/11/2023 10:52 am)

12/11/2023 11:18 am  #18

DIANA.......I HOPE YOU AND THE FAMILY ARE DOING OKAY AND ABLE TO HANDLE YOUR DAY.  PRAYERS CONTINUE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DURING THIS TIME.

AS FOR ME, I TOOK OUT MY TRASH AND WILL MAKE SOME COTTAGE PIE TODAY BUT NOTHING ELSE PLANNED.  MAYBE SOME COOKIES.  IT'LL BE A SLOW DAY FOR ME AFTER DELIVERING CARDS TO THE 3RD FLOOR.
WE HAD LOTS OF RAIN LAST NIGHT BUT NO POWER OUTAGES SO I GUESS THE WIND WASN'T AS BAD AS PREDICTED.  TODAY ITS GRAY BUT THE RAIN HAS STOPPED.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/11/2023 11:20 am)

12/11/2023 3:29 pm  #19

Gary got to go home at 3:30. He sounds a lot better! 

Diana, thinking about you during this difficult time. Sending prayers and love. 

I'm fixing eggplant pizza again for dinner, adding pepperoni this time. 

Holly, you are going to love your new renovation! I looked at your pictures last night and I thought that's what it would look like, but I thought it would be a lot higher off the ground. It's good that it's not! I have always loved before and after renovation projects. A great Christmas present for you & Ralph.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/11/2023 3:33 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/11/2023 11:58 pm  #20

I'm sending love and wishing you comfort DIANA/SAN, hope you are OK and have family supporting you ((((hugs))))

SANDRA cottage pie (or shepherds) is a favourite here, one time I did it with lentils for vegetarians, my BIL had his (small then) kids at the party, they were loving it, then he realised what he/they were eating, he was shocked that HIS kids would eat such a thing and THEN decided that he didn't like it, after he had refilled his plate LOL, they honestly couldn't tell it wan't meat LOL

I have leftovers for dinner, the Mr is out till later, and I have been out for a quick trip to get new trainers, mine were really uncomfortable, I got a bargain, 1/2 price rom ASICS can't beat that.

DEVONNE did Gary get any new meds, or any new info, I hope he is OK, we worry about them adults they may be.
Megan is home sick today, she has a pretty bad sinus infection, she went back to sleep after waking early to call in sick, and Dean didn't have an alarm set, so he missed his last day! Most of the kids take these few days off anyway, they wouldn't be doing anything. I sent him a message asking did he want a pick up today, copied her in so she would know, and it was her who replied when she woke at almost 9am, too late for him to get up and go, and I'm sure he's happy about it.

WOW Amazon Prime is pretty good, I ordered my jigsaw puzzles, they came last night, also ordered a training shirt and some yoga pads for knees and hands and they came this morning! 
I doubt I'll keep it though, that's about the extent of my shopping with Amazon.  I will see what they have in Movies etc before I cancel, and watch them, then cancel LOL

Really hot here  - again - and will be worse by the weekend, we have a long summer ahead I'll be happy if we get stormy weather, at least that will be could cover. Thank goodness for solar power we ran the A/C all day yesterday, washed and cooked - all with our own solar - till about 6.30. So it is paying for itself, nice to be able to run it without thinking about power, when I leave it on at night it's not usually fir that long, so doesn't cost as much. 

I am waiting for the Mr to ask me if I have sent cards to his family, I haven't and warned him last year that I wouldn't, if he writes them out I will mail them, but he has to do it. They rarely reply, and I just can't be bothered this year. I have a few close friends I send to, and we have done so for years, so will do that.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera