OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/18/2023 9:31 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 17 ~ SAT DEC 23

Happy Birthday Judy

Thank you Trish and Carol for the Christmas cards.

I'm still hoping for a white Christmas. We have a very light covering but the dirt and grass are showing through.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/19/2023 12:30 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

12/18/2023 10:08 pm  #22

Diana, I am just now reading about Elmer's passing and I'm so very sorry! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marylou, I'm so happy that your daughter is there! How wonderful that she feels up to traveling!

Happy birthday/anniversary to those I've missed!

I'll try to check in again tomorrow but I better get back to work. I'm happily busy preparing Christmas goodies for others. Before he left for work, I told DH my plans for the day and he said he can't imagine making fudge and other sweets without sampling them. 🤪 I don't eat sugar so it doesn't tempt me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/19/2023 12:30 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

12/19/2023 12:40 am  #23

DIANE it's a big job doing all the cooking! I hope they all enjoy it.

CHERYL hope you stay safe and are all ok in the snow. Having the kids around will be fabulous!

PATTY I hope you get your white christmas. It's unusual NOT to have snow right now for you. I guess it will stay later LOL

SANDRA hope you are warm, and your power comes back soon.

I DID get my nails done, plus got some chinese food for us, and some soup for Pete, he's eaten it already, he's been home unwell, hasn't really eaten anything since Saturday, so I wanted to tempt him with the chinese soup. He seems a lot better, not covid, just 'flu or total exhaustion. He's been working ridiculous hours, so being home and working less has been good for him, he didn't even turn his computer on till midday on Monday. 

I just talked through our gifts with Megan, we think we have everyone covered, except John, he will come out tomorrow, there are a few things he wants locally, she stopped at Ikea and got him the desk furniture he wanted, they haven't finished putting it together, Gary has the electric screwdriver in his car LOL 

It's incredibly smoky here, I've had the a/c on all day as it's so hot, but it's weird sky  because of the smoke.

We are expecting a thunderstorm later, hopefully it will clear away some of the smoke.
I have lots of gifts to wrap, but I'll do them later, just tired tonight, so I will chill out with a movie - if I can find one!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/19/2023 10:37 am  #24

Good Morning to everyone.  It is raining out this morning, 47*.  Hard to believe it is so  near Christmas when it is raining outside.  I have no plans for the day, feeling a little grungy.  Not sure that's even a word.  It is bright outside even though the rain comes down.

Tracy will be calling soon, believe this is her last day before the holidays.  Maybe tomorrow is.  Can't keep track.  I really don't have anything to say so will sign off, wishing you all a great week.  Stay well.  Hope everyone is feeling fine, Love you all, BJ.

12/19/2023 11:47 am  #25

Just had a thought!  Thank you to Trish for the lovely Christmas card.  It was very thoughtful of you and I really appreciate it.  You're a peach!!! BJ

12/19/2023 12:12 pm  #26

Thanks to each of you for the birthday wishes.  It was a quiet day at home until suppertime when we went out to eat.  Round the Clock--a family-type restaurant.  Good food and no need to dither about what to get which is what I wanted that day.  ML had come over the day before with her many gifts.  Howard does go upstairs when she comes to give us alone time.  She spent about 3 hrs. here, the first time we'd been together in person since Thanksgiving day due to their bout with Covid.  I got calls from friends and family and a few birthday cards.  So, all in all a lovely birthday weekend.  

Yesterday, Howard had a cardio appt.  It was okay but not wonderful.  His b/p was up as is his weight.  I told and he  admitted he drinks at least 1 gallon of ice tea/lemonade/water per day  which the doctor said is twice the recommended amount.  He's done this for years and will not listen to me.  He has some slight "off-ness" in his kidney function and with the high b/p, doctor put him on a water pill, which he mildly objected to and  dreads for the obvious reason.  He will be  compliant, though, I believe, since he later said so to me with no comment from me, first.   Had a late lunch at Chic-Fil-A and picked up the RX at Walmart and braved the crowd there for yeast and Pam...to the tune of $150.  You know what that means...

As always, I love the chit chat here with what all of us are doing for the holiday.  Prayers that Aaron will check out okay, Cheryl.  And have San and family in my thoughts and prayers.  Thanks for the Christmas cards, to Trish, Carol, and Theresa.    Have a good afternoon and evening.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (12/19/2023 12:13 pm)

12/19/2023 2:50 pm  #27

Sandra's power was out for 29 hours! She still has no cable and no internet. She said her apt. was still comfy. 

I got my laundry done this morning, decided to pick up my groceries at Walmart instead of having them delivered. Back home and got my bedroom straightened up and wrapped 4 more Christmas presents. These are towels that I embroidered. I still have 6 Christmas gift cards to wrap.

Since I never see Ben nor Hannah, I'm thinking about giving the gift card I got for Ben to Gary. Would that be wrong, lol? I do have him another gift. I never see them and they've never bought gifts for anyone, not even their parents.  I always hug Hannah when I do see her, but she's very reserved and distant. Not only with me, but with everyone. I have tried to have a better relationship with her, texting her all the time (she never texts me). It's hard to have a one way relationship. I've never gotten a birthday card or phone call from her, not even a text. She does answer my texts when I text her. She is dropping out of pharmacy school. This is the 2nd time she has done this. Said she doesn't want to go 4 more years and the expense is ridiculous. What about all the money and the time she has already spent traveling to school? She's content with what she's doing now. This didn't surprise me when she told me this.

Judy, I'm glad Howard consented to taking the water pill. My doctor wanted to put me on one and I told her about my existing problem, and she didn't, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (12/19/2023 3:01 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/19/2023 3:47 pm  #28

The sun is shining today, but still about 2 inches of snow on the ground.  We have a feral cat hanging around the back yard bird feeders. (of course) He/she is now sleeping under the concrete table that I feed the birds on.  So, I guess we will be trying to make it a little more comfy for it by blocking the wind.  It is just four large concrete blocks with a round (about 24 inches) concrete circle on the top.  The concrete blocks have two sides with two large holes, so we will put some leaves in to block the wind.  The cat does not chase the birds but it sure watches them and the squirrels.  I can tell when the cat is near when the squirrels all chirp and fuss.  Dean feeds the cat a half cup of dry cat food a day but it will not come near us.  This is the third card to hang around and I don't know what happened to the other ones before it.  We do have coyotes in the area, so I hate to think of that.  

I finally got the tree up and Dean and I decorated it and placed all my snowmen around the living room.  I am not much of a decorator but this works for us.  I have managed to get all of the presents wrapped but will put bows/ribbons on before putting under the tree.  I still need to pick up 6 gift cards but that is easy.

Made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for supper.  Just waiting on Dean to get home from dropping the grandkids off after picking them up from school.  They live 20 minutes away, so it does take come time out of the day.

Devonne, I switch gift cards/gifts often.  Sometime I even re-gift.  My former Assistant Principal gave me a gift card to an Italian restaurant every Christmas, Secretary's Day, birthday, etc.  lol.  She was very generous but we did not like Carabba's so I re-gifted it several times.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/19/2023 4:37 pm)

12/19/2023 4:43 pm  #29

AFTERNOON!

BELATED. BIRTHDAY AND ANNIVERSARY WISHES.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CARDS. SO NICE OF ALL OF YOU ALL, ESPECIALLY SINCE I NO LONGER SEND ANY. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

JANET, BELLATERD GOOD WISHES FOR HANNUAH. SORRY IF MISSPELLED. VERY SMALL LETTERS ON MY CALENDAR. ANYWAY, HOPE YOU AND JERRY HAD A NICE HOLIDAY. KNIW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT NOT THE SAME WITHOUT LOVED ONES NEAR. DS#1 AND DIL DON'T ALWAYS COME FOR CHRISTMAS.

SANDRA, HOPE YOU ARE BACK TO POWER, CABLE AND INTERNET. SENT YOU A PM.

SO MUCH NEED TO COMEMENT ABIUT.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS....................

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/19/2023 4:57 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/19/2023 4:54 pm  #30

CHERYL I think you are doing well, I haven't wrapped yet! I do have them under the tree, gone are the days when I hid them all places so the kids (then grands) couldn't find them.

DEVONNE I think it's a great idea to gift the card to Gary, he would appreciate it more, and H is an adult now, she shouldn't expect anything from you. I htink you are very generous with all your family, but they do need to at least acknowledge yor efforts.

Yesterday I had John asking me what he could get his mother, he feels as he's got a part time job he should buy gifts, I gave him some ideas, time gifts - not money - that she would appreciate more, and I was so happy he was thinking of us all, I also let him know that we would prefer that he just love us (poppy and me) and it's our job as grandparents to spoil him if we want. I know he wanted to get something for us as well. His money is hard earned and has to go far!! He has car registration and insurance to pay for in January.

​INDY that is so good that H will take the meds, i was against taking my cholesterol one, but it has made a big difference, and I know it's not diet/lifestyle that had it high.  That is a lot of sweet stuff, I do drink a flavoured water, but I add the powder to it, and it's full of 'good stuff' but I can only have 1 serve of it per day, you can actually have 2, but I know it's better to drink 1/2 strength and drink twice as much. Still trying to get the Mr to drink water, he THINKS he drinks enough, but he sure doesn't. So nice you and ML got to spend tome together, I'm glad they are much better.

It's raining --- and quite cool, so a blessed relief today, and most welcome, the garden is lapping it up, supposed to rain the next few days, so I hope it does!

I just did a big shop online, I still have a lot of fruit and veg to buy, but I prefer to pick it myself. PLUS I need to pick up some special cheese form the meat market, and I can get some nice veg there, John has some things he wants to get at our local mall, so I will go after that. It's great to be able to just pull into a car space and have it brought to you they even pack into paper bags, (I have to pay $2 per order) but the bags are printed with Christmas, and you can reuse them as wrapping paper, I'll fold them and add them to our neighbourhood site, someone did that a few days ago, and there was lots of interest. So it might help someone out, even just a little.

I need to get myself mobile. I am enjoying this cool weather, you know how much I just LOVE the heat! LOL

Hope SANDRA gets power back and she is online soon.  You are all welcome for the cards, I am just glad they got there, last year they didn't till January.  LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/19/2023 4:56 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/19/2023 6:56 pm  #31

Thanks, ladies, you made me feel better about this gift card. I've never regifted one (yet), lol! 

I'm sure I have Christmas cards in the mailbox! I need to go get my mail. I normally only get it every 3-4 days.

I did something this evening I haven't done in 25 years or longer. I made hamburger patties and froze them. I normally like my meat not to be frozen, but since I'm trying to eat better, this will work out good for me.

Holly, I've been texting with Ashley. She has a new chihuahua she named Miss Minnie Pearl. She still has PicaBoo. 

Last edited by DownSouth (12/19/2023 6:59 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/20/2023 9:37 am  #32

Good morning everyone! My Christmas wallhanging is pinned and ready to sew it. I wasn't going to use the backing as the binding, but I'm glad I had enough to do this, as I'm ready to move on from this project! I'm finished with the embroidery machine for awhile and will be moving over to my sewing table to start the QAYG blocks. 

Sandra still has no internet and no cable. She said to tell everyone Hi! She has a Christmas luncheon at noon and a gift swap.

I have a really nice Rae Dunn organizer I wrapped for Logan's GF. I was taking it to Goodwill, but it will make a good gift for her. It's $55 on Ebay. I also got her a nail dryer.

I let Carter pick out two gifts to give to his Dad. He's coming this weekend & I'm going to let him wrap them. I am finished with Christmas! Hooray!

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/21/2023 12:24 am)

D e v o n n e

12/20/2023 10:17 am  #33

Devonne, I’ve seen pix of Minnie Pearl, she’s elderly and fits in great with the group. 
The house cleaner was just here, the place looks great. She has a new grandson, so I gave her a baby Afghan for him, along with her Xmas bonus. And the contractor is here, working on window trim. 

Thanks to those who sent cards, I didn’t get around to cards this year. Or a tree. I have my mantle decorated, that’s enough for me. 

Sandra must be lost without internet and TV! Yikes!

Yesterday would have been my late nephew David’s 40th birthday. 

12/20/2023 10:58 am  #34

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is sunny out here and the temp is 47* so a pretty nice day.  It is so still outside, not a breath of air moving.  Frank just got up and is in the bathroom, I took him his coffee.  Tracy will be calling in a minute, believe this is her last day (just a half one).  It will be lovely to have them here for Christmas.

Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off and wish you all a very nice day, Love, BJ.

12/20/2023 1:35 pm  #35

I'M BACCKKKK!  WHEN I CAME BACK FROM THE LUNCHEON, THE CABLE WAS UP AND RUNNING AND SO IS THE INTERNET.  
I WAS LOST WITHOUT THE POWER BUT ALSO THE 'NET.  AT LEAST I WAS ABLE TO PLAY SOLITAIRE ON MY PUTER WHEN THE POWER CAME BACK.  I CAN DO THAT WITHOUT THE 'NET.  AND I READ SOME BOOKS I WANTED TO READ.  BOTH ARE JAN KARON'S AND I LOVE HER BOOKS.  I WILL FINISH THE 2ND ONE SOON.
I WAS ALSO GLAD I MADE THE CHOC CHIP COOKIES ON SUNDAY.  THAT WAS MY DESSERT TRAY FOR OUR LUNCHEON.
THE LUNCHEON WAS FUN BUT THE FOOD WAS IFFY.  THE MGMT ONLY BROUGHT SODA, MAC AND CHEESE, PASTA SALAD, CROUTONS, GARLIC BREAD AND TOSS SALAD WITH DRESSING.  THE DESSERT TABLE WAS OVERFLOWING.  WE RESIDENTS DID THE DESSERT TABLE.
IN THE YANKEE SWAP I GOT $10 IN LOTTERY TICKETS AND NOT A ONE WON A CENT.  OH WELL, THAT'S NORMAL FOR ME.  I NEVER WIN LOTTERIES.
HAVING POWER OUT FOR SO LONG I WAS UNABLE TO COOK THE GOODIES ON MY LIST FOR BOTH MON. AND TUES.  ON TUES. IT WAS QUITE LATE WHEN POWER CAME BACK AND I DO NOT COOK AT NIGHT.  I HOPE TO GET SOME GOODIES FOR THE FAMILY BEFORE THEY DROP IN XMAS EVE AND XMAS DAY.

MY DAU 'S DUPLEX ON RIGHT.  THE TREE ACROSS THE STREET WAS PULLED RIGHT OUT OF THE GROUND.  LUCKY HER... NO DAMAGE BUT NO POWER EITHER.  SHE USUALLY PARKS IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE BUT WAS AT WORK WHEN THE TREE CAME DOWN.  SHE'S LOW PRIORITY SO STILL WITHOUT POWER FOR HER, DARN IT. 
WE HAD LOTS OF RAIN AND HIGH WINDS.  I COULD WATCH THE TREES ACROSS THE RIVER SWAYING BACK AND FORTH.  THE WIND BLEW SECTIONS OF OUR RAIN GUTTERS OFF.  I SAW A 12 FOOT PIECE GO FLYING PAST MY WINDOW.  THEN ONE ABOUT 5 FEET LONG.  AND EVEN IN THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE WE LOST SOME ALUMINUM.  MY SON SAID THERE WERE DOWNED TREES EVERYWHERE AND DETOURS UPON DETOURS SO BAD GETTING FROM POINT A TO POINT B.  QUITE A LOT OF DAMAGE FOR NOT BEING A BLIZZARD.  THE DAY DAWNED PRETTY NICE ON TUESDAY WITH SUNSHINE.  LUCKY US THE TEMPS STAYED IN THE 40S AT NITE AND 50S IN DAYTIME SO I DID NOT MISS THE HEAT.  I WAS VERY COMFY, BUT MY APT. STAYS WARM EVEN WHEN I DON'T WANT IT WARM SO I WAS LUCKY.  CHECKED THE FREEZER AND NOTHING STARTED TO DEFROST THANKS TO ME HAVING IT FULL TO THE BRIM.  AND THE MILK AND DEFROSTED GROUND BEEF WERE FINE.  I MADE BEEF BURRITOS FOR SUPPER.  MMMM GOOD.  I MAY BUY ANOTHER JAR OF MAY THO.  I AM ALWAYS CAREFUL WITH MAYO. THE BUTTER AND KETCHUP AND MUSTARD AND CHEESES ARE FINE.  SO LUCKY ME NO BIG MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET FOR REPLACEMENTS.
THAT'S THE SAGA OF SANDRA.  I CAN'T REPLY ABOUT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW.  HAVE THINGS TO DO OFF THE PUTER.
BE SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 
PS.    EDITED FOR SPELLING ERRORS.  OH MY!

Last edited by quiltbea (12/20/2023 6:06 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/20/2023 3:44 pm  #36

Pictures of the wallhanging. I used what fabric I had. Quilted on my embroidery machine with a snowflake design & another design. I'll move it to a different wall next year where it won't be behind the piano.

The original fabric panel. You could use only a small border, but it was too small for my wall. 

I didn't have to buy anything except the batting. I bought about 15 fabric panels two years ago. They are all beautiful...I need to get busy on them. 

I finished this early today but I've been watching tv the rest of the day. I watched Leave the World Behind which was a weird movie, but held my interest. Also watched Noel Diaries...both on Netflix.  I have leftovers for dinner and I'll get back on cleaning the house.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/20/2023 4:03 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/21/2023 12:34 am  #37

SANDRA welcome back!!! that is a lot of damage for everyone, so glad Gina is OK and was away. Sorry the function wasn't as good as past years, but at least you all got together.. and you know there would be plenty of sweet stuff, shame they didn't get other nice things though. 

DEVONNE that looks great! You have done a lot of work. Doing the designs on the machine is a great idea. I am happy Carter chose his gifts with you, it's important they learn to give.

BJ you have had some lovely warm days, we are actually rugged up a bit today (and yesterday ) back to warm days though, and looks like it's starting now, just when I want to cook dinner!

Nothing much happening here, I did boxing this morning, and also picked up Dean's birthday gift - it wasn't expected to arrive till after Christmas. Then picked up the things I forgot to order - and the coffee machine I was interested in was 1/2 price, so I got it, it's a pod machine, and they are in the apartment we booked for next year. I made a coffee, and it's fine, nice and hot, mine is still OK, but has been acting up a little lately, and the price of coffee beans has gone up dramatically, so this will give me another option.

Looks like we have all our gifts now, can't believe I went form none - almost - to finished.
The Mr will be at bowls all day tomorrow, so I will start wrapping. 
I also have pretty much all the food, we just need fresh veg and fruit. It's a bit early for that yet. I do need to remember to take the turkey breast out of the freezer tomorrow, they will need to thaw a couple days.

Be safe, and stay warm ((((hugs))))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/21/2023 12:36 am  #38

Ladies - a GENTLE reminder that we don't discuss our business here with those who have left, they chose to leave, so please respect that rule. Of course there is absolutely no objection to any talk between people, just not about things said here. If they wish to return they are of course welcome!

THANK YOU! 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/21/2023 8:59 am  #39

Devonne, do you play the piano? I don’t remember you ever mentioning it. 

I got the Xmas gifts bagged up, yay! I hate wrapping, love bags. I don’t have that much, since so many live across the country, so Amazon is my BFF! And Xmas checks, of course. 

Contractors are working on trim. Lots of trim!

12/21/2023 9:16 am  #40

CHERYL........SORRY YOU AND DEAN HAVE BEEN SICK.  THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR THAT.  GET WELL SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS.
PRAYERS FOR AARON THAT HIS WORRY OVER THE COLONSCOPY IS JUST THAT, AN UNEEDED WORRY.  HE DOES NOT NEED ANY CONCERNS RIGHT NOW.

TRISH......PLEASE GIVE MY CONGRATULATIONS FOR JOHN WHO WAS 18 ALREADY.  YIKES, I REMEMBER WHEN HE WAS A TINY LITTLE THING.  THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER THE YEARS PASS BY.

JUDY......I MADE YOUR MAC AND CHEESE AND SHARED HERE WITH 4 OTHERS AND THEY ALL GAVE ME GOOD REPORTS.  ITS A DISH MANY FOLKS STILL LOVE.  MMM GOOD.
ONE NEIGHBOR BROUGHT ME A NICE PIECE OF GOOD STEAK SHE SAID FOR ALL THE MEALS I PROVIDE HER.  NICE OF HER BUT I DO NOT DO IT TO GET SOMETHING FROM THEM.  STILL, I KNOW HOW I WOULD FEEL ABOUT GIVING SOMETHING BACK AS WELL, SO I THANKED HER KINDLY.  I WILL COOK IT TODAY.

DEVONNE.....NICE WORK ON YOUR WH.  WOW, YOU SURE HAVE PLENTY.  I SEE LOTS OF EMBROIDERY BORDERS IN YOUR FUTURE.  YOU DID A GOOD JOB ON THAT LAST ONE.

LINDA.......I HOPE YOU ARE DOING PRETTY WELL TODAY.  I KNOW THIS IS A BUSY TIME FOR YOU.

WE DID NOT BUY GIFTS FOR OUR CHILDREN TO GIVE TO OTHERS.  THEY GOT AN ALLOWANCE AND WE SAVED A XMAS CLUB AT THE BANK FOR THEM WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER.  THEY DON'T HAVE THEM ANLYMORE, BUT SHOULD.  I LOVED HAVING THOSE XMAS CLUB CHECKS TO RELY ON AT XMASTIME.  ANYWAY, MY KIDS BOUGHT THEIR OWN GIFTS TO GIVE FAMILY AND FRIENDS.  MANY TIMES THEY WERE JUST CARDS THAT GIFTED JOBS DONE FOR OTHERS LIKE PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS.......MOW THE LAWN, WASH THE CAR, DO DISHES FOR A WEEK, WEED THE VEGGIE GARDEN, TRIM THE BUSHES, ETC, ETC.  I LOVED GETTING THOSE CHORE CARDS FROM MY KIDS.

I MADE A BATCH OF HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE FUDGE YESTERDAY AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT.

PERFECT THIS TIME.  THAT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAPPEN.  MY KIDS WILL BE THRILLED.  I LINE THE PAN WITH SPRAYED FOIL SO I CAN LIFT IT OUT WHOLE IN ONE PIECE FOR EASY SLICING.  IT REALLY HELPS.
TODAY I WILL MAKE SOME P BUTTER FUDGE AND SOME COOKIES.  I NEED TO GET CAUGHT UP ON MY GOODIES.  I LEFT SOME COOKIES  IN MY MAILBOX FOR THE MAILPERSON TODAY.
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING UP DIFFERENT CHICKEN WITH STUFFING CASSEROLES SO I CAN MAKE ONE FOR XMAS DINNER.  I WANTED TO GO THE EASY ROUTE AND THINK I FOUND THE PERFECT RECIPE WHICH I WILL TRY ON XMAS DAY.  ITS CALLED DUMP AND GO WHICH IS NOT A TERM I LIKE, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.   THIS WAY I CAN SHARE WITH SOME OF THE OTHERS HERE THAT WILL BE HOME SINCE ITS FOR A 9 BY 13 DISH.  THAT, WITH A POT OF MASHED POTATOES WILL GO DOWN A TREAT, I THINK.  SOME HERE ARE GOING TO BE WITH FAMILY ELSEWHERE, BUT OTHERS, LIKE ME, STAY HOME.  OF COURSE, MY KIDS WILL DROP IN TO VISIT WHICH IS ALWAYS NICE.
SINCE MY DAU. IS STILL WITHOUT POWER, I DOUBT SHE WILL BE MAKING ANY OF HER TRADITIONAL GOODIES TO SHARE.  PLEASE SEND A FEW MESSAGES ON HIGH THAT THE POWER COMPANY GETS TO HER SOON.  I KNOW SHE'S LOW PRIORITY TO THEM, BUT ITS GETTING MIGHT COLD THESE COMING NIGHTS.  ITS SUNNY AND BRIGHT BUT GETTING COLDER EACH NIGHT.  AT LEAST SHE CAN GET OUT TO WORK TO WARM UP A BIT AND GET TAKEOUT FOR MEALS.
THAT'S ALL FOLKS.  HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/21/2023 9:41 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

Board footera