OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/29/2023 2:00 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY DEC 17 ~ SAT DEC 23

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/16/2023 11:49 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 17 ~ SAT DEC 23

Sorry to go missing for over a week! 😲

Janet, I hope Hanukkah was a nice, peaceful time for you! I'm sorry I missed sending this message earlier!

I'll try to get back here for a visit Monday or Tuesday.
🤗

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

12/17/2023 12:15 am  #3

THANKS FOR LOCKING AND BUMPING DIANE!!
Hope all is well with you and yours!

SANDRA did you decide on cookies or resting. I remember those poinsettia cookies and what a great idea to make them more simple, best for someone like me with no artistic skills THERESA did them so beautifully

DEVONNE you are so right about the internet, I hate that people blindly believe what they read on it, crazy world, the internet is fantastic for some things, others not so much.
I joined Pinterest, I have an email a day, I unsubscribe each day, but they still keep coming, I will just try to delete the whole thing, but I bet the emails still come LOL

HOLLY I did a bit of Amazon shopping, got Dean his laptop case, and some things for me, the laptop case I ordered yesterday and it was here this morning. Too fast LOL I now have to wrap it!

BJ I am so glad you check in each day, TRACY sounds like you have everything under control, you girls do an incredible job taking care of things for your family ((((hugs))))

JANET that is quite a long time to be "under construction" things have sure changed since the quilt was started, I agree about the sides and top/bottom last. But it possibly wouldn't have mattered this one time. I made an Aunt Grace quilt, plus when we did them e had smooch left over we all made Baby Janes LOL It wasn't my choice of fabric either, but I've come to love it.

STRINGS hope you are feeling better it does take a long time to get over ((((hugs))))

SAN if you are reading, know that I continue to keep you all in my prayers, I hope you are OK and family is helping you ((((hugs)))

DEVONNE getting started on QAYG is the hardest, I did templates for my borders, it was so easy. I just marked them and sewed them as long narrow blocks to join.

We went shopping early today, Dean wanted a part for his computer, I had to go to a computer shop, I just showed the text John sent me. It's on order, but will be here for his birthday in January. We also went to the meat market, got my ham, and some fruit and veg, as well as beef ribs (they are slow cooking now in the oven) chicken pieces and some frozen prawns for Christmas. I did frozen last year and they were fine, I just put them into containers - frozen - put some marinade over, and they get the flavour as they thaw.

I went out late yesterday, got his sis a pair of summer Pyjamas, I have labelled them and washed them, now wrapped, she'll probably hate them, but they were literally the only ones in the whole store I could get her, size/style wise.

I also did my cards for local postage here, I left HIS sisters ones for him to do, I addressed the envelopes, LOL
The Mr and I had an argument - over his brother - again ! Honestly, he just snaps at anything to do with him, but gives his sisters a pass on their behaviour. Double standards, so I told him to do their cards, they don't ever speak to me and I don't want anything to do with it LOL I did his brothers and now they are all mailed.
I'll calm down, every year we have this problem - and I doubt after all these years it will change LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/17/2023 12:19 am  #4

I went back and enlarged the last of the posts let week, so it's easier to read!

BJ hope your neck is better, did you have a different pillow?

I need to check on those ribs, Happy Sunday everyone, ours is almost over LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/17/2023 10:15 am  #5

AS TO PILLOWS, I NOTICE THAT IF I SLEEP WRONG, LIKE HANGING MY HEAD AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE, I CAN GET A MIGHTY ACHY NECK FROM THE PROCESS.  MY PILLOWS ARE PERFECT FOR ME.  THEY ARE FEATHER PILLOWS.  THEY ADJUST TO MY HEAD JUST FINE.

BJ......LUCKY YOU HAVING THE GIRLS COME AND BE SURE ALL IS WELL WITH YOUR TWO.  
TRACY......YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TAKE GOOD CARE OF OUR BJ FOR WHICH WE ARE THANKFUL. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL.

TRISH......THANK YOU FOR THE XMAS CARD I RECEIVED FROM YOU.  ITS SO NICE TO SEE THAT AUSTRALIA ENVELOPE IN MY MAIL BOX.
SORRY FOR THE DRAMA WITH HIS FAMILY.  I DO NOT BLAME YOU FOR NOT WANTING TO DO THINGS LIKE THE CARDS WHEN IT COMES TO THEM.  IF THEY CANNOT ACKNOWLEDGE YOU NICELY, THEY DESERVE TO BE SHUNNED.  GOOD FOR YOU.

AS TO ME COOKING OR RELAXING, I RELAXED MOST OF THE DAY.  I FEEL LIKE A SLUG ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAD MY SON BUY ALL THE INGREDIENTS FOR SO MANY GOODIES THIS YEAR AND EXCEPT FOR SOME PEANUT BUTTER BALLS, I HAVE NOT BEEN ACTIVE.  TODAY WILL BE DIFFERENT.  I PLAN TO MAKE SOME PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE AND SOME COOKIES ALONG WITH SOME MAC AND CHEESE FOR ME AND THE GANG FOR SUPPER.  I HOPE IT ALL GOES AS PLANNED SINCE THERE ARE FEWER DAYS BETWEEN ME AND XMAS.

ITS GETTING MIGHT DARK OUTSIDE.  I GUESS THE RAIN STORM IS GETTING CLOSE.  I AM GLAD I HAD MY GROCERIES DELIVERED YESTERDAY.  

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT LADIES.  I HAVE THINGS ON MY AGENDA THAT WILL EITHER GET DONE OR NOT BUT NOT A GREAT PROBLEM EITHER WAY.
STAY SAFE MY LADIES.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/17/2023 10:21 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/17/2023 10:43 am  #6

Good Morning to everyone.  Tracy is still here, just got out of shower, she's leaving very shortly as she has an event today at home.  Will miss her for sure!!  Well, the sun just came out and is shining on the trees.  Lovely day!!

Well, I had better quit and go visit with Tracy for a bit before she leaves.  I have no plans for the day, just feeling lazy, it is 36* outside, so not a great day, but its not snowing or raining, so much to be thankful for.

Hope you all have a lovely day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

12/17/2023 11:15 am  #7

It’s a gray drizzley day, better than snow! 

We went to a bridal shower yesterday, for a young woman whom I’ve known all her life, she’s the daughter of one of my cookie swap group. I gave them an oversized afghan in shades of green. They had me come up to be in the pic of them with the Afghan, and she leaned over to her fiancée and said, “This is how you know you’re loved.” That made me feel so good! Yes, her fiancée is also a woman, and they are so good together. 

No lunch with F and C today, they have a party to go to, so Ralph and I went out for brunch. Now I’m about ready for a nap!

12/17/2023 1:11 pm  #8

December 17, 2023. 11:00 am. Sunday

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Have a good day..

Not much happening here.. DD found a funeral home.. DSONIL used his credit card to get stuff there done..

I just feel drained.. I know things will keep going and tears will ease up as time goes on..

I have gotten a few cards.. thank you all.. praying that 🙏 all of you will have a good holidays with your family and friends..

I have been reading 📚 as I am up to it..

Later

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/17/2023 9:36 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

12/17/2023 3:35 pm  #9

SAN........ITS JUST A MATTER OF TRUDGING ONWARD.  ITS HARD BUT DOABLE.  BE THANKFUL FOR GOOD FAMILY.  HUGS.

JUDY.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL.  ITS YOUR SPECIAL DAY.
HUGS TO ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/17/2023 9:57 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/17/2023 6:04 pm  #10

San, deepest sympathy to you and your family.  May your loving memories help you through this trying time.

Janet, how wonderful that you decided to honor the original maker of that Aunt Gracie quilt.  I have learned most people today do not prefer quilts.  They especially do not appreciate the time and cost that goes into one for sure.  I am making quilts for Project Linus  just to use some of my fabric stash.  I think I  will most likely be done quilting when my fabric is gone.   When Kelli died, Bill called me as asked if I wanted all of her fabric.  Oh my, that woman had two rooms full!  lol!  I declined and told him to contact a local quilters group or perhaps his church.  

Dean and I have been sick with a cold for three days.  Today I am feeling somewhat better but Dean is still not up to par.  

Aaron's PET Scan came back and the results were not totally good.  The scan showed some light activity in the colon area so he will have to have a colonoscopy in January to make sure the cancer is not there.  The doc said sugars in the intestines sometimes show on the scan but since Aaron is a two time melanoma cancer patient, he wants to be sure.  Of course, it is right at the Christmas time so now I will be worried for the next month.

Judy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Cold and rainy here, but like Holly said, at least it is not snow.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/17/2023 9:36 pm)

12/17/2023 8:25 pm  #11

Today was Greg's 47th birthday. We didn't do anything because he's also under the weather...think it's sinus related like mine. It's also Shelby's 78th birthday. I called her and she didn't know it was her birthday. Her memory was really bad today. She hung up on me twice. The 3rd time I called back, she didn't answer the phone, lol. They came in to give her a shot, but she didn't know what they were for. I think her memory is bad because she has a UTI infection.

Cheryl, I often think about Aaron and wonder how he's doing. It's so hard on us Moms when one of our children are going thru something we can't control..no matter how old they are. I hope you and Dean start feeling better soon. 

Trish, it's so rude that they don't speak to you. Family drama is no fun. I don't know what happened to make Gary have a change of heart, but something did. I'll take it, lol!

I finished my Christmas fabric panel this weekend, top only. I have to wash it to remove the water soluble stabilizer.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/17/2023 8:29 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/17/2023 9:46 pm  #12

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDY -  JUDY! Hope the year ahead is a happy healthy one!

SAN the tears will stop eventually, but you need to grieve, so take your time (((hugs)))

SANDRA I took a leaf out of your book, got up early and made another pudding/cake. This one is for Sara, it smells lovely in the house, I got it out of the steamer right before I went to yoga. I am going to look up the recipe for the cookies, might make some of those this week too.

DEVONNE family drama is always close with this lot! I know he's been to see his sister, he was supposed to go on Wednesday when I could go, but he chose to go today, so tough luck, he had to go on his own, no idea if she liked OR wants to PJs LOL they aren't here, I told him to bring them back if  they weren't suitable, i would get something else.

HOLLY I am glad your gift was well received, so many thee days don't realise the ampount of work in home made.

CHERYL hoping for good news with the scans, the treatments for melanoma now are so very good, will you have the kids for Christmas?

JANET you will have to share a pic of the quilt when it's done. I am wondering if it's ARYLOU are you OK, the same design we did, ours was a reproduction of the original.

MARYLOU are you OK, will you go somewhere for Christmas?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Greg too!!I How old is he now?

I am so over family dramas, and we will have more on the weekend, with Megan's in-laws. I just hope they don't make it uncomfortable for John.Can you believe it, it's his 18th birthday on Saturday!
Tomorrow it's an early start for me, I just hope she gets the boys up as well, we are all going to the mall, to be there before 8am. It will be ridiculously hot, so getting there early is going otbe  pretty busy, everyone wants to get out of the heat LOL

I need to finish the gift buying, and be home for the hairdresser at 11.30 - if they don't get there, too bad they will get cash and have to buy their own!

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/17/2023 9:47 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/17/2023 10:51 pm  #13

San, allow yourself to grieve but at the same time try to focus on good memories. There will be little things that pop up and jog your memory at unexpected times.

Cheryl, I’m sorry to hear about the scan results. I know that is causing worry. We will pray that January brings good news.

Janet, I too prefer that side borders be put on before top and bottom. But I’m not sure I would change them if I accidentally did it opposite. That would probably depend on how noticeable it was.

Lynn is coming for Christmas! She is feeling pretty good after the surgery but can’t drive. Bill will be coming with her. Not sure yet exactly when they will arrive or how long they will stay but will definitely be here on Christmas Eve and Day. We are invited to my brother’s for Christmas Eve and will probably go for a short visit. Lynn hasn’t seen Ross’s sons and grandkids in quite a while.

I’m not sure when I will celebrate with David and his family - whenever we can find a weekend that everyone can get together. It will probably be late January or early February. Lynn won’t be able to be there but she hopes to be able to see them all later in the spring.

I have a busy week ahead. Count money at church tomorrow morning, exercise class tomorrow and Wednesday (but won’t go on Friday), haircut on Thursday. I need to go do a little Christmas shopping for Ross’s family, I just get them small gifts but there are 11 of them. I already have gifts for the women and the two older kids and ideas for rest of them. Lynn and I usually bake cookies together at Christmas but I hope to get part of them done before she gets here. I don’t think she will be completely recovered by this weekend and don’t want her to feel pressured to do more than she feels like. I also need to plan food and shop for groceries.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/18/2023 6:08 pm)

12/18/2023 9:45 am  #14

Happy Birthday Judy, I hope it was a good one! 

Dreary and drizzle here, to be windy later. 

Heather and Ed got Julianna a car, and were too excited to wait for Xmas, so she got it yesterday. A 2020 Enclave, looks a lot like my Tucson. They got it on video, it was adorable. I had given her a nice down payment for her 16th birthday, and they used that towards it. 

No contractor today, too wet. If the rain stops, I’d like to go food shopping. 

I talked to the contractor about changing my basement steps. Problem is coming up, there’s nothing to grab to get from the top step to the hallway. So he’s going to put a landing at the top, go mostly down, another landing, and turn for the last few steps. My HQ16 is down there, and I want 2024 to be a quilting year. Tucker said he can do it probably right after the first of the year. LOL, helps to have connections, he’s a friend of my brother Mike. 

Ashley called me to tell me that her sister is letting her use the basement of a building to set up her long arm. She was so happy, and said it was too much to text. I’m so glad for her, and she sounds good. 

12/18/2023 9:52 am  #15

Sandra texted me that she has no power so she can't get here now. I hope it's on soon for her! 

Trish, when you said you did a template for your QAYG blocks, is this something you lay on the block and then trace around it using a pen? I have to remember I can't sew all the way to the ends. 

I'm finishing my wallhanging today so I can get it on the wall. Then I need to clean house, and I can start putting the blocks together. 

I found some packaged cheese that is so good! It's Cracker Barrel Black Ribbon Collection. Has yellow cheddar and white cheddar. Really fresh and tasty!

Marylou, I'm glad Lynn is going to be able to make it for Christmas. I also need to do some grocery shopping.

D e v o n n e

12/18/2023 10:59 am  #16

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a beautiful sunny day here  today, what a surprise.  Everything is very still outside, but so lovely.  I have no plans for the day, not sure when the kids are coming to stay, well, Tracy just called, she's on her way to work.  Lovely to talk to her.

I may have to change my top I have on today, it is a bit big and way too warm.  Will be easy to change.  It is 41* outside.  Well, I have nothing more to say so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Love you all, have a wonderful day, BJ.

12/18/2023 5:43 pm  #17

Judy, I keep forgetting to wish you a happy birthday!! 

Thought I would have my wallhanging done today, but I have been lazy. Pinning it now. Tomorrow is housework before I can do anymore sewing!

D e v o n n e

12/18/2023 6:18 pm  #18

Hope SANDRA can get back soon, I guess cooking is out for you for today !

DEVONNE the templates you buy, they are plastic sheets, with the cutout of the stencil, you can draw, chalk mark or use the powder chalk as well, really easy, and they have a few repeats, so you can join the design up. Most quilt shops have them, not sure about other stores,

HOLLY that is great you will be able to use the HQ, I would love one, but have nowhere to put it! sounds like things are really moving along there.

BJ sounds like it is warmer there, it's warm here too, too warm LOL

MARYLOU so glad you will have Lyn with you, have fun making cookies! You will enjoy the company, good advise for SAN and from SANDRA and DEVONNE as well, you have all been through this, so your advice is appreciated.

I had a few minutes to check in, we were at the mall by 8am, Megan is still out picking up a few other things, but we are mostly done, the boys are NOT happy, they hate shopping, mostly got things they wanted, John is getting more cash, he has some things, but what he really wants he can't get till they get the new Nintendo Switch for  Christmas, Dean doesn't know about it, so cash it is!

I have my hair appointment shortly, then hope to go get my nails done, I have a couple things to get while there - if I can get in to the salon, my hair should be done just after lunch, colour strips and cut, usually takes about 1 - 1/2 hours, depending how busy she is.

W is at a funeral, he should be home before me, oh- forgot, pick dup another pair of pyjamas for his sis, apparently she liked the  ones I chose LOL I was expecting that she wouldn't. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/18/2023 8:24 pm  #19

It is snowing like crazy!!  However, the weather man said most likely no snow for Christmas.  Supposed to get near 50 degrees on Christmas.  I am OK with that since Anthony and his family plan to come up Saturday and Sunday.  We will do Christmas with them and have Aaron and his family over too.  Anthony will go home and we will do Christmas Eve church services with Aaron.  I am looking forward to it.

I have lost my sense of taste and smell.  I did a home Covid test but it was negative.  I feel OK, just horrible sinus issues.  Dean is still coughing a lot but feels much better.

Carol, thank you for the Christmas card; it arrived today.  I did not send them out this year and feel like a Grinch for it.  I bought the cards and stamps but that was as far as I got.

MaryLou, have fun baking with the family!  Making decorated sugar cookies was always a family tradition.  The grandkids just were not interested last year, so I am not even going to ask them this year.  Gabriel did ask me if I was going to make the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies.  They are his absolute favorite so of course I will make them.  I don't make much these days since most of us are trying to avoing sugars.  

Nothing else going on today.  Hope Sandra got her power back on.
Thanks for the well wishes for Aaron.  He has been through a lot the past few years.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/19/2023 12:31 am)

12/18/2023 8:47 pm  #20

Happy Birthday Judy.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/19/2023 12:31 am)

Board footera