OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/30/2023 10:00 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 24 ~ SAT DEC 30

Slept in and didn’t go to the gym. Went to vacuum the runners but the cordless vacuum needed charging. Oh well, I didn’t really want to vacuum anyway.
Heading up to my studio to wind bobbins (I generally go to retreat with at least 20 wound), clean my machine and start to get out the rulers, etc that I’ll need. I have several projects in different stages ready to go. Then of course there’s my light and ear buds that need to be charged. I bring my own iron, wool pad and small side table for machine side pressing. There are gals who bring their chair 🤪.
I have a retreat list I made years ago and I generally have more than I need.

Cold and dreary here today. Good day to stay in.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/30/2023 9:20 pm)

12/30/2023 11:09 am  #62

Good Morning, Tracy and I love to watch Naked and Afraid, too.  The girls got here around noon yesterday.  It was so warm outside that they kept Frank busy outside for a long time.  Tracy made a Ham and Cheese Quiche for dinner, YUM!!

After Frank went to bed, we went out to the Quilt Building and messed around for the entire evening.  Larissa went to bed early as she had to get up at 2 am, since she has to be at work at 3.  Yikes!!!  Don't know how she does it!!

Tracy is making stuffed frogs out of Uncle Bill's old shirts to give to the girls.  They will love having something of his to remember him by.

Well, I have run out of things to say.  I have completed my therapy this morning and am ready to shower, so will say Goodbye and wish you all well, BJ .

12/30/2023 11:16 am  #63

It's cold here today...40 degrees at noon. My heat pump isn't the best. This house is not nearly as warm as our last house. We had a heat pump there too and vaulted ceilings! I think the difference is we had a Trane and this is a Goodman, I'm sure the builder didn't install the best! It takes about 30 minutes to go up one degree. Should take about 10-15 minutes. I thought it might be the insulation, but they had to install the right thickness to pass county inspection.

Janet, that's the best excuse I've ever heard not to vacuum! 

Cheryl, congratulations to Abigail. Carter will be 13 this coming year so it won't be long until he'll be getting his permit. Time flies!

It's lunch time and I'm fixing breakfast for lunch. I have a Caesar salad kit I need to use up, but I'll save that for dinner. I fixed my morning coffee and it's still sitting in the Keurig coffee maker, lol! 

Gary got his Christmas card today, 5 days after Christmas! Not good USPS service. It looks like I may have missed a few of you when I went through the list to send cards. Next year I'll be "making the list and checking it twice." 

No plans here to bring in the new year. I'll be comforting Molly and Gracie when the fireworks start and turning up the tv sound.

D e v o n n e

12/30/2023 11:21 am  #64

ITS SNOWING HERE BUT WON'T LAST.  RAIN EXPECTED ALSO.  TOO WARM (30S) FOR SNOW TO STAY ON THE GROUND.  LOOKS SO PRETTY COMING DOWN THOUGH.

I MADE THE POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP AND SHARED WITH 3 OTHERS LAST NITE.  MY SON CAME DOWN WITH A FEVER LAST NITE SO HE WON'T BE SHOPPING FOR ME.  HE KEPT INSISTING HE WOULD BUT I KEPT INSISTING I WAS FINE WITH LOTS OF FOOD SO HE FINALLY DECIDED TO SLEEP IN AND GET OVER IT.  HE CAN SHOP NEXT WEEK.  I WILL SHARE HIS SOUP WITH OTHERS TODAY.  I HAVE PLENTY FOR ME TOO.  I CAN MAKE HIM VEGGIE BEEF SOUP WHEN HE COMES NEXT TIME.

IN THE MEANTIME, I WILL DO A HANNAFORD TO-GO BUY EARLY NEXT WEEK.  I WANT TO STOCK UP ON SOUPS AND PASTAS AND THINGS ANYWAY AND MY REGULAR SHOPPING HAS PLENTY ENOUGH FOR MY SON TO GATHER WITH MEATS AND FRESH VEGGIES AND SUCH.  I DON'T WANT HIM OVERLOADED WITH STUFF.

TODAY I WILL PLAY IT BY EAR.  I HAVE TO VACUUM AND LIKE JANET I COULD LEAVE IT FOR ANOTHER DAY, SO WE WILL SEE HOW I FEEL LATER.  I ALSO WANT TO TAKE SOMETHING OUT OF THE FREEZER FOR A MEAL TOMORROW.  THE ONLY THINGS I REALLY NEED TO DO IS SORT MY WEEKLY PILLS AND CLEAN THE BATHROOM.  THOSE ARE ALWAYS SET FOR SATURDAY REGARDLESS.

JANET......IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE IN GOOD SHAPE FOR YOUR RETREAT.  ITS SMART TO GET THINGS LISTED SO YOU DON'T FORGET ANYTHING.

BJ........GOOD FOR YOU GETTING OUT TO YOUR QUILT ROOM.  MAYBE SOON YOU WILL BE SEWING AGAIN.  

LINDA.......I HOPE TODAY YOU ARE FEELING A LITTLE BETTER AND ABLE TO GET AROUND EASIER.  I KNOW IT STINKS WHEN ONE FEELS SO ROTTEN.  HUGS.

I AM GLAD THINGS WORKED OUT WELL FOR MOST OF YOU FOR XMAS PLANS.  OTHERS WILL HAVE PLANS FOR A LATER DATE WHICH IS ALSO GOOD.  ENJOY YOUR FAMILY TIME LADIES.
HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/30/2023 11:24 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/30/2023 1:24 pm  #65

QB- and the other good thing is that it’s about 20 mins from my house and 30 mins from 3 quilts shops, just in case. 😊

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/30/2023 9:20 pm)

12/30/2023 1:59 pm  #66

TRACY SENT ME 2 PICTURES.....

BJ IN HER NEW SWEATER.  BJ, YOU'RE LOOKIN' GOOD.

THE FROGS TRACY IS MAKING AND ENJOYING THE PROCESS.
CUTE TRACY.  LOVE THOSE LITTLE FROGS.  
QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (12/30/2023 2:02 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/30/2023 6:03 pm  #67

Looking good, BJ. Love the sweater!

Any New Years Resolutions?

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/30/2023 7:39 pm)

12/30/2023 7:38 pm  #68

You all have me curious, never heard of that show, I’ll have to look it up, must admit going by the title I would have passed automatically.

New Years Eve here, going to be quiet, I have spag sauce in the slow cooker, there will be lots 😄, but if John comes for dinner that will use up a fair bit.

He came last night, brought some Japanese KitKats as a thank you, he’s a considerate boy. Pete dropped him home, he’d walked over. He had 6 friends over to celebrate his birthday, here you are voting/drinking age at 18. They had a few drunks, played football and basket ball, and ate plenty of pizza, he ordered a delivery of McDonalds for brunch for those who stayed over. They are nice boys( should say young men😄) and John was happy to have friends for his ‘party’ he didn’t want to invite them when his other grandparents were coming, sad, but that’s hos it is.

SANDRA I’m sorry Matt is unwell, hope he recovers quickly. One good thing has come from covid, we have so many options now for food shopping. So nice of you to share with friends 👏👏

Devonne I didn’t get a card, mail is notoriously slow now though, and I certainly don’t want any of you mailing to me. The cost is prohibitive. I think you’re doing a great job with QAYG, I have been pondering another one, having it to do on retreat would be good. 

JANET 🤣🤣only in the USA is the date 123123, mostly verywjere else we write day, month year. I’ve noticed filling out forms that they often specify ‘how to’ the date for you is the only time yo’ll see that now for a long time. Wonder when the numbers will align again? I also fill a lot of bobbins for retreat, sure beats doing it there.

BJ you are looking gorgeous, love the sweater, and those frogs are cute, what a good way to keep a memory.

HOLLY was thinking about you and libraries, I just ordered a few books. Have you read anything by Alexander McCall Smith, we booked a Cunard literary cruise next Dec with Julie and her husband, he and Fiona McIntosh are both onboard giving lectures. I’ve read one of hers, so I ordered one from each of them. Should be fun. Have you moved the quilt machine yet?

CHERYL congratulations to Abigail, they are all growing up so fast, we’ve been together for a long time watching them grow up, tume is going so fast.

It’s a cool cloudy day here, may or may not rain. The house smells like spag sauce 😄, and I do need to get the last of the pantry cleaned out, I could smell ‘something’ when I opened it, not unpleasant, but I thought something might have spilt, can’t find anything though, it’s a mystery, and now the smells gone, it was only faint, but it’s a mystery.

I’ll be back later to lock and start new threads 😄 And enlarge old posts, the Mr has ben using the computer 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/30/2023 8:04 pm  #69

Trish, I have not read any by either author. The HQ16 is staying in the basement, there is no heat or AC on the porch, and the machine doesn’t like the humidity. I’m actually having the basement steps reconfigured so there is a landing at the top, and I’ll be able to go up and down easier. Tucker, the contractor, said after the first of the year. 

Naked and afraid is a survival show. Two strangers are taken to desolate areas of the globe. They each pick a survival item, such as a knife or machete, a fire starter, and are given a pot to boil water if the area calls for it. They have to give up their clothes. They are given a map, showing the area, and where they will be picked up, usually in 21 days. They have to make shelter, find food and water, and get to the extraction point. Of course there is a crew and a medic out of sight, filming them. Private parts are blurred out. It’s fascinating- some pairs gel right away and work together, some can’t get along at all. Some have had to “tap out” or leave due to medical conditions or injuries, or emotionally not being able to handle it. 

Devonne, Ralph has the app that shows mail being delivered, we went over the entire month of December and no card from you. Strange. 

12/30/2023 9:20 pm  #70

BJ, you look beautiful and that's a beautiful sweater!

Holly, not strange. As I said above, I must have missed a few names to mail cards too. I'll make sure I get everyone next year!

Trish, your card was the first one I addressed. Since Gary lives only 8 miles from me and just got his today, I'm sure yours will be much later. I need to mail them earlier it looks like!

Greg came today and installed the new Ring doorbell/camera he got me for Christmas. I was having problems with the Nest one I had. He also got a humidifier for my bedroom that is an upright floor model. He filled it with water, showed me how to use the controls and what the numbers meant. It has a remote, which is nice to keep on my nightstand. 

Trish, thanks for your support on my QAYG learning experience! I just love to watch Monica. I love her Australian accent and she seems like the sweetest person. Have you ever been to one of her classes? I think I'm going to do something different. I have the front side of all the blocks sewn together. For the back seam, instead of doing stitch in the ditch, I'm going to try the double fusible tape I have, so no sewing needed. It's permanent once ironed on. I'll be quilting over this area so that will reenforce the fusible tape. I hope it works. I'm getting ready to try it on one back seam. I remember Monica saying she did this when she didn't want to hand sew. I'm sure this makes a lot of sense, lol! 

D e v o n n e

12/30/2023 9:32 pm  #71

DEVONNE sounds like your mail is as bad as ours this time of year. LOL

HOLLY thanks for the info, I don't like those shows so I'll pass, we have similar here.

THANK YOU for the input on my Temperature quilt. I have finally decided on the layout, so I will start cutting tomorrow. 
The Mr has been applying for all sorts of concessions, one is 4 free rail trips to the country per year, I have told him they are a waste for us, as we would need a car when we got there, so may as well take our own LOL
Honestly he's going to drive me nuts with this. We do get free car registration each year now, so that will be a saving, plus we get cheaper land rates each year. We can also apply to have cheaper garbage rates each year, BUT we need to have a 1/2 size bin, I don't want then, we don't have 'green waste' collection, so we need our bigger one for that. I think he is done with the computer for now!

DEVONNE I have met Monica at a quilt show, don't know her though, we all sound similar. 

I will start new threads later, it's too early yet, John hasn't aid whether he will come for dinner tonight. He was invited to go with one of his friends to see the fireworks in the city tonight. He really doesn't want to, but if he does they will drive him home. I should imagine they would need to leave pretty soon though, and the weather doesn't look good for tonight.

Nothing else happening here, I didn't find anything in the pantry, it's a puzzle LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera