OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/29/2023 1:59 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY DEC 24 ~ SAT DEC 30

Happy Christmas everyone!!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/24/2023 1:01 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 24 ~ SAT DEC 30

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!! 

See you tomorrow.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/24/2023 1:33 am  #3

Trish, you beat me to it! 😁

I'll say Merry Christmas now in case I'm unabke to do so on Monday!

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/24/2023 6:22 pm)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

12/24/2023 10:11 am  #4

DEVONNE.....THANK GOODNESS THE CRASH WASN'T WORSE.  THE CAR IS A MESS BUT AT LEAST IT WAS THE COMPANY'S AND NOT HIS PERSONAL CAR.  GLAD HE WAS NOT HURT EXCEPT FOR MINOR ACHES AND MUSCLES.

I JUST PUT THE LAST OF THE GOODIES IN THE FRIDGE TO CHILL BEFORE I HAVE TO COVER THE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WITH CHOCOLATE.  SUCH RELIEF.  THEN I WILL MAKE MYSELF SOME MEAT SAUCE PASTA FOR SUPPER.  I HAD TAKEN OUT THE STEAK INSTEAD OF THE GROUND BEEF YESTERDAY SO HAD STEAK AND FRIES FOR SUPPER LAST NITE.  THE PASTA WILL FEEL GOOD GOING DOWN TONITE.

TRISH......MERRY CHRISTMAS.  TO YOU ITS THE BIG DAY FOR US IS STILL XMAS EVE.  WISHING YOU ALL THE WISHES COMING TRUE FOR THE NEXT YEAR.  HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.  FOR YOU.....

I'LL TAKE MY LEAVE RIGHT NOW.  I HAVE TO GET OUT MY XMAS GOODIE BAGS FOR THE RESIDENTS HERE AND THE CONTAINERS AND BAGS FOR MY FAMILY.  I WANT TO DELIVER HERE THIS AFTERNOON.  NO MORE MAIL TO COME SO WILL LEAVE A GOODIE BAG AGAIN FOR THE MAIL PERSON AFTER XMAS FOR A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/24/2023 10:17 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/24/2023 10:17 am  #5

Just a quick Good Morning to everyone!  Hope you all have a wonderful day and many more to come.  I have to go to Dr. today, have a kidney infection!  Just wonderful, but it is what it is.  Going to go visit with my company.  Have a  wonderful day everyone.  Sending love and best wishes, BJ.
Merry Christmas lovely ladies TJK

Last edited by WA-BJ (12/24/2023 4:39 pm)

12/24/2023 10:49 am  #6

Wishing you all a fantastic holiday week.
May all your prayers be answered and May all your dreams come true.

12/24/2023 12:05 pm  #7

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

MAY NOT GET HERE TOMORROW, SO MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

THANK YOU AGAIN FIOR ALL THE CARDS. THEY ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

HAVEN'T READ FOR A FEW DAYS. KEPT UP MOST DAYS, EVEN IF I DIDN'T POST.

WE PLAN TO GO TO BARBARA'S TOMORROW. MY CONTRIBUTION WILL BE S LARGE CROCKPOT OF MAC AND CHEESE.

DS#1 AND DIL WILL NOT COME UNTIL THE 3rd. THE ARE ON WAY TO FL TO BE WITH HER SISTER AND FAMILY.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS..............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

12/24/2023 2:07 pm  #8

Merry Xmas Eve to all! I’m so happy the days will start getting longer!
I did a blog post with the finished porch pix. 
We did Xmas with Heather and family yesterday, had a great time. She’s working tonight, she said it’s been lots of babies this week. 
BJ, ouch! UTI’s suck. 

12/24/2023 3:28 pm  #9

Merry Christmas to you today, Trish!

Sandra, Logan has a beautiful white Mustang. He would have been sick since it's paid for now. His last payment is next month.

Janet, sorry I didn't have a Hanukkah card to send you.

BJ, you will start feeling much better once the UTI is gone.

I have pork chops in the crockpot for dinner.  

Last edited by DownSouth (12/24/2023 3:30 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/24/2023 4:14 pm  #10

Merry Christmas Eve! One of my friends calls December 23 Christmas Adam … because Adam came before Eve.

Our church service was so good this morning, lots of music, a good sermon, and great attendance. This afternoon, I mixed up two kinds of cookie dough and baked a few of each kind. Put the rest of dough in fridge to bake when Lynn comes. My brother brought me a full meal - Linda had lots of food to prepare for the family celebration that had to be postponed because babies are sick.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/24/2023 6:23 pm)

12/24/2023 5:55 pm  #11

A quiz on Facebook asked what is your least favorite Xmas song. How about you all? I hate the hippopotamus song, Dominic the Donkey, and those maudlin red shoes. 

We had lunch with F and C at Texas Roadhouse, then I came home and took a nap!

12/24/2023 6:37 pm  #12

BJ YUK! on the UTI, hope you feel better soon, lots of TLC from Frank and the girls ((((hugs))))

SANDRA thanks for the  wishes, and to JANET and DEVONNE - EVERYONE AS WELL (shouldn't have started naming LOL)  I hope you haven't overdone it! I still haven't made the cookies OR the Christmas Crack, probably won't as we already have lots of food for me to take, and then what Megan adds YIKES too much!! they are going away day after Boxing Day, John elected to stay home, so he will have lots of leftovers. 

MARYLOU that is cute, I will remember Christmas Adam LOL How long can you store cookie dough? I follow a woman on Instagram, Steph-cooks-stuff. She has a recipe you make into a roll, store in the freezer and just cut off what you want to bake, but it makes those big soft cookies, I like mine crisp LOL

DEVONNE How is Logan feeling - glad to hear you have family coming, enjoy the day.

HOLLY I love most Christmas music, we have some nice Aussie Carols as well, I listen to them all. I don't really dislike any! But I haven't heard those you mention. Pentatonix is a group I like at Christmas as well as all the old favourites.

Got a call from Megan - they are on the way to his parents. The day doesn't know yet whether to stay cloudy, or sunny, we've had it change already so many times.
I have made my potato salad, a dip for Pete that is his favourite, corn relish with sour cream. and I have everything else to just chop. Lots of salad, but I want to set the table so it looks festive, it's just 3 of us for lunch, but I want it to be special. 

the Mr just asked me to cut his hair, NOPE, he should have asked yesterday, not doing it Christmas day on principal. LOL He's just got nothing to do, and looking for something to fill the time, he gets so bored if he doesn't have bowls on!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM MY FAMILY TO YOURS, may your dreams come true, and your day have  joy!

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/24/2023 6:39 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/24/2023 8:08 pm  #13

Trish, google “I want a hippopotamus for Christmas “ “Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey” and I think, “The red shoes”. I love Pentatonics also. 

12/25/2023 6:58 am  #14

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful day.

Holly, I've never heard of those songs either. I can't think of a Christmas song I don't like.

We have a brown Christmas this year, not a speck of snow. It's been raining for days, very hard yesterday and now it will be icy. Glad we're not going anywhere.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/25/2023 10:13 pm)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

12/25/2023 8:40 am  #15

WHAT XMAS SONG DO I NOT LOVE..........THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY.  IT GETS INTO MY BRAIN AND I DISLIKE IT INTENSELY.

MY INTERNET KEPT JUMPING IN AND OUT SO I REBOOTED THIS MORNING AND ALL IS WELL NOW.  ITS ABOUT THE ONLY TECHY THING I KNOW TO GET THINGS WORKING PROPERLY AGAIN.

ITS A COLD DAY HERE BUT NO SNOW.  A LOVELY XMAS DAY.  MY KIDS ARE COMING OVER TODAY.  ALL THE GOODIES ARE READY AND GIFTS AND I AM OUT OF THE SHOWER AND DRESSED SO READY FOR ANYTHING.  I DELIVERED GOODIE BAGS HERE LAST NITE SIGNED FROM SANTA.  SOME KNEW IT WAS ME AND TEXTED TO THANK ME.   TODAY'S MENU CALLS FOR CHICKEN AND STUFFING MIX CASSEROLE WITH BABY SMASHED POTATOES.  I KNOW I WILL BE SHARING WITH TOM AND LITTLE OSCAR NEXT DOOR AND KNOW NOT ABOUT OTHERS YET.

FOR THOSE THAT WATCH DOC MARTIN, THE NEW SERIES, AND FINAL SERIES BY THE WAY, MADE IN 2022, IS AIRING HERE ON OUR PUBLIC BROADCASTING CHANNELS.  I'VE WATCHED THE FIRST TWO.....TWICE.  I AM ENJOYING IT A LOT.
ALSO THERE IS THE MOVIE DOWNTON ABBEY, A NEW ERA SHOWING ON ONE OF THE CABLE CHANNELS HERE.....STARZ.   I RECORDED IT FROM LAST NITE AND WILL WATCH LATER AFTER COMPANY IS GONE.

I AM THANKFUL FOR AN INCOME BIG ENOUGH TO GIVE ME SHELTER, FEED ME, AND GET THINGS I NEED LIKE MEDS.
I AM THANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS SITE WHICH I COME TO EVERY DAY TO LOG IN MY DAILY JOURNAL AND KEEP UP WITH EVERYONE.
I WISH YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS.
AND TO YOU TRISH, HAPPY BOXING DAY.
LOVE TO YOU ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/25/2023 8:48 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/25/2023 9:50 am  #16

Merry Christmas and a very happy holiday season to all!

Carol 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

12/25/2023 10:02 am  #17

Merry Christmas to all! Happy Boxing Day to Trish! Happy Birthday to Sir Isaac Newton! 
I made us chipped beef on toast for breakfast, then we opened gifts from each other and from our PacNW kids. 
I have a small turkey breast to make for dinner, with the trimmings. 

12/25/2023 10:39 am  #18

It's a rainy day here in Georgia...started raining last night. I have also never heard of those songs. My least favorite ones are Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer and All I Want for Christmas are my Two Front Teeth. My four favorites are O' Holy Night, Blue Christmas by Elvis, Christmas in Dixie by Alabama and Rocking Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. I'm sure I have more favorites, lol.

I am thankful Logan is just sore and is ok.
I am thankful for Molly and Gracie.
I am thankful for another day He has given me.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/25/2023 11:40 am)

D e v o n n e

12/25/2023 10:49 am  #19

Merry Christmas to everyone!!  Hope it's a lovely one for you all.  We opened our packages yesterday, as Tracy and family had to go home.  I got a lovely new pajama set plus a new top, beautiful!!!  Frank got me a coupon for the floral shop we love to go to.

I really don't have anything to say today, so will sign off, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!!  Love, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (12/25/2023 10:51 am)

12/25/2023 1:20 pm  #20

MERRY, HAPPY CHRISTMAS!   1 o'clock, here.  Doing nothing til I get dressed and go to ML's to see all their gifts.  Howard will stay home and watch football.  Something he always wanted to do when we were obligated to be somewhere on Christmas Day.  

We had our family Christmas on Christmas "Adam".  haw, haw, haw, Mary Lou.  Another for me, too, to add to my other "funnies".   It went well...enough.  That's the best I can say.  Pam is menopausal and had some hot flash issues plus there's always something Howard does or says.  He's never aware of that but everyone else is.   As we always say here, FAMILIES.  One thing I always enjoy, is the song that ML and Danny always seem to come up with that's appropriate to the situation that they sing together at the top of their lungs.  This year, it was Speed Racer to go with the mug Dan rec'd from "Santa", ie ML.  And the inevitable unnecessary  but pithy cracks made  off-the-cuff by oneor more  of us, for sure.  

Yesterday, we watched church here and in the afternoon, friend Bobbie brought over her annual goodies  tray and my belated birthday present.  This year it was a cherry red fleece jacket  and a cute little trinket box  with ribbon embroidery on it's lid she got a a fiber show.  She was in her usual rush so it was a short and sweet visit.  We spent the rest of the day, after Howard's football, watching Christmas shows. 

I loved hearing about your gatherings and other anecdotes.  Mary Lou, methinks you are being tested for your adaptability to  all and any situations!    Loved the pics of your new room, Holly.  I always like a touch of wood, but I think your girls are right, this time.  It'll be fun for you to complete the decor at your leisure since I believe you said it's a 3-season room.  

So sorry about the accident, Devonne.  A blessing Logan wasn't badly injured.   Going to get dressed for ML's.  Many blessings on this special day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (12/25/2023 1:28 pm)

Board footera