OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/06/2024 11:40 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 31 ~ SAT JAN 6 2024

Holly, now I remember you telling us about the girls interests.  ML does a fantastic job with genealogy and likes making cards. (Paper crafts don't interest me.  Just like cake decorating.  I like to work on more permanent handwork.)   I NEVER  minimize what she does, always encourage her.  She made a darling red truck ornament and added buttons for the tires--her own idea.  We all  were impressed and praised her to the moon.  My Dutch great grandmother, Effie, kept us all in sweaters and crocheted edgings for pillowcases as wedding presents. I still have mine, beautiful and unused, from my 1st marriage.  She never used a pattern.  She would knit a sweater back up so far, then put it up to the recipient to measure how much longer to make it.   Her daughter, Jennie, my grandmother rather pathetically crocheted chair seats from old nylons.  They worked fine but were so ugly and always looked like what they were made from and turned me off as a child.  Wish I'd asked what they all did for needlework in Holland...maybe only the knitting/crocheting...I never heard any quilting discussions.

To continue in this vein, being a avid yard-saler, I bought any handmade or vintage items I came across.  Thus, I have quite the collection and still want to do something with them, perhaps apply them to a plain cloth background, and/or display my vintage notions, somehow.  My epitaph should be "I was gonna..."  

Devonne, I forgot to mention Gary's wonderful news, yesterday.  As others have said, the best of news a mother can get.  Sons, who are grown men, deal with things in their own way, like men do.  Once when David was here, he and Howard got into a heated argument.  Usually they just sniped at each other.  Believe me, I kept quiet and stayed out of  it.  Having watched so many syrupy Christmas movies about families, it IS sad the way their family has turned out.  I wonder if Howard feels it, but keep still about that, too.  It's their choice and the two boys (men) and their dad have made those choices.  Hard to understand and accept, though.  I'm so glad in their individual ways, your sons each love you and are in your life which you more than deserve. 

Trish, John must really be a beanpole!  Andrew has to bend way over, too.  Our hugs are rather awkward.  Often, I just hug him around the waist, while he's standing.  When he came here every Sunday, we were eye level...for a bit...  

Theresa, I am so glad to hear from you.  Was about to call you, again!    Remember the other time when you offered for us to call you anytime, so I did and you and 12-yr. old, Sara, were at the mall?  
Talk about something taking on a life of it's own.  This huge move, fits that category.  But, at least, now you're living at your own home, mostly, and can see the end.  Congrats to Luke on his graduation and the neat job next summer.  Nice that you get to take advantage of it, too.  

Going... feeling better, think we'll take down the tree.  I couldn't do it all week.  It's very quick and simple and Howard said, whatever you want to do.  Yesterday was the 12th day of Christmas, so officially over, I think.  I use that for an excuse, since I'm  always slow to put up and slow to take down.    Have a great day...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (1/06/2024 11:53 am)

1/06/2024 12:11 pm  #62

ITS VERYS COLD HERE, IN THE 20SF,  BUT NO SNOW YET, NOR RAIN.  JUST MISERABLY GRAY SKIES.
MY SON SHOPPED FOR ME AND THE STORE IS REORGANIZING.  SOME AISLES WERE EVEN CLOSED SO HE FAILED TO GET 4 OF THE ITEMS I WANTED THIS WEEK, BUT THAT'S FINE WITH ME.  I ALWAYS HAVE EXTRA SO I AM NOT DOING WITHOUT ANYTHING.  THANKFULLY THE MEAT AISLE AND FROZEN AISLES WERE FINE.
THE WEATHERCHANNEL PREDICTS WE WILL GET 5 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW HERE BUT MY LOCAL WEATHER ON MY PHONE SAID 3 TO 5 INCHES. MY PHONE STILL PREDICTS 3 TO.  LETS SEE WHO IS RIGHT AFTER THE STORM.

THERESA......GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  YOU ARE STILL BUSY BUT HOPEFULLY THE PROPERTY WILL SELL SOON AND YOU CAN TAKE A DEEP BREATH.  YOU HAVE BEEN A WHIRLWIND SO I GIVE YOU HIGH MARKS FOR YOUR TIME LATELY.

CHERYL......MENTIONING LAND O' LAKES PRODUCTS, MY FAVORITE IS THE SLICED CHEESE.  I LOVE IT BEST AND WILL BUY NO OTHER BRAND.  IT HAS A DISTINCTIVE FLAVOR NOT FOUND ANYWHERE ELSE.

DEVONNE......YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB GETTING THAT QUILT FINISHED.  I REMEMBER FOLDING MY QUILTS TIGHTLY UNDER THE ARM OF MY MACHINE.  ITS POSSIBLE.  THUMBS UP FOR YOU GIRL.

I AM CHARGING MY PHONE NOW AND WILL CHARGE IT AGAIN LATER TONITE BEFORE THE STORM HITS.  I WANT IT FULL IF AND WHEN THE POWER GOES OFF.
I MADE THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE AND IT CAME OUT BETTER.  I USED A TEASPOON OF DRY MUSTARD IN THE EGG MIXTURE THIS TIME.  ITS A NOD TO OUR LINDA WHO USES THAT IN HER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE SHE MAKES.  ADDED A NICE FLAVOR.
AND THE HAMBURGER SOUP IS GOOD.  I HAD TO TWEAK IT A BIT WITH NO TOMATO PASTE (USED 4 T. PIZZA SAUCE) AND NO FROZEN O'BRIEN TATERS (USED FRESH CUBED POTATOES AND A HALF ONION CHOPPED).  IT CAME OUT TASTY.  OH, AND REE DRUMMOND LIKES HOT FOODS SO HER RECIPE CALLED FOR A TEASPOON CAYENNE PEPPER.  I ONLY USED A DASH AND THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR MY PALATE.  I DO NOT LIKE MUCH HOT STUFF.  THE SOUP RECIPE DOES NOT MAKE AS MUCH AS MY OTHER SOUPS SO I ONLY WAS ABLE TO GIVE TO MY SON AND MY NEXT DOOR FELLOW.  I HAD SOME FOR A LATE LUNCH AND WILL HAVE ENOUGH FOR A LARGE BOWL TOMORROW.

THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  STAY SAFE AND WARM.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/06/2024 12:22 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/06/2024 4:38 pm  #63

Devonne, I use an Ott light over my left shoulder, since I’m a lefty. 

We got snow for about a half hour, then it changed to rain and it’s been raining hard. I’ve had the TV on and I’ve been cross stitching. Ralph napped. Dinner is leftover hamburger soup/stew from last night. 

1/06/2024 5:19 pm  #64

The weather guessers were wrong. We got a bit of freezing rain followed by a lot of rain and sunshine this afternoon. The prediction was quite different…ice followed by 1-3” of the white stuff. I’m not disappointed.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/07/2024 2:32 am)

Board footera