OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/29/2023 1:58 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY DEC 31 ~ SAT JAN 6 2024

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/31/2023 12:46 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 31 ~ SAT JAN 6 2024

May your mornings bring joy and your evenings bring peace. May your troubles grow few as your Irish blessings increase. May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.

​Happy New Year to all, wishing all my dear friends happiness and good health
for us all ((((( hugs))))) 

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/31/2023 12:48 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/31/2023 12:51 am  #3

Bumping!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/31/2023 3:22 am  #4

Trish, that's lovely!  Thank you!

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope 2024 brings much joy!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

12/31/2023 5:57 am  #5

Trish-thank you.
Diane-thanks.

Last edited by Missmommy (1/01/2024 9:00 am)

12/31/2023 11:16 am  #6

THE YEAR IS NEARLY BEYOND US AND A NEW ONE BEGINS.

MY DAY IS QUIET TODAY.  NOTHING SPECIAL HAPPENING.  A BIT OF COOKING, A BIT OF CLEANING, SOME TV WATCHING AND SOME CROSSWORDS AND SOLITAIRE TO AMUSE ME.
WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR'S EVE.  I WILL TRY TO STAY UP TO SEE IN THE NEW YEAR AS I DID EVERY YEAR WITH MY HUBBY.

HOLLY........I REMEMBER WATCHING A BIT OF NAKED AND AFRAID BEFORE.  IT JUST DIDN'T MAKE SENSE SO TUNED OUT AND NEVER WATCHED IT AGAIN.  BUT WITH THE EXPLANATION I CAN UNDERSTAND THE SHOW NOW. I MAY BE TEMPTED TO WATCH ONE ALL THE WAY THRU TO SEE IF ITS WORTH MY TIME.  SOMETHING DIFFERENT.  

MY SON IS FEELING BETTER TODAY AND I THINK HE WILL BE ABLE TO GET OUT TO THE WEEKEND THEY PLANNED SINCE HE ALREADY PAID FOR IT.  THEY LIKE TO GO OFF ALONE SOMETIMES.

THAT'S IT FROM THE NORTHEAST COUNTRY.  ITS CLOUDY MOSTLY BUT OCCASIONALLY SOME SUN PEEKS THRU.  THE SNOW WE GOT NEVER STAYED ON THE GROUND AND WAS FOLLOWED BY SOME RAIN.  NOT A WHITE ENDING TO OUR YEAR THIS YEAR.

STAY SAFE.  ENJOY THE LAST OF THE YEAR.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/31/2023 11:20 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/31/2023 1:17 pm  #7

HappyNew Year’s Eve Day! We just got home from our usual lunch with F and C, now we’re in for the day/night. 
I cleaned out my 2 drawer bedside table, filled a small trash can! 

12/31/2023 4:18 pm  #8

SANDRA sounds like a quiet day for you, hope you are feeling OK and the weather behaves for today, so you don't lose power again!

Holly hen I cleaned out the pantry I only found one tin to throw, it's been there for so long I don't even remember, probably still OK but it's soup, and I haven't bought soup in years and years LOL

We had fireworks last night, someone let off lots around 9pm, then again at midnight, it's illegal, but doesn't stop people doing it !! Poor animals, I'm glad they are camping.

John asked to come again for dinner, he is happy to sit and chat with us all. He said he might ask for company tonight to stay, think he is lonely in that big house, it's quiet at night!

I have nothing planned, should do some housework, and I am forging ahead with my jigsaw, I love doing them

JANET I just clear off 1/2 the dining table, even with 4 of us we can eat there still - I find it really relaxing and a little frustrating at times too!

See you all later, enjoy the New Year celebrations whatever you do, have a look at our fireworks, they were supposed to be good, haven't seen them yet LOL 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/31/2023 9:44 pm  #9

Trish- as always your fireworks were spectacular!

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/02/2024 2:27 am)

12/31/2023 10:48 pm  #10

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE. 

Today I was thinking about my favorite & worse commercials of 2023.

My favorites are the Range Rover with the window down & the dog loving the breeze, the song is "I Found A Place In My Heart, I Found My Heaven." Another one I like is the toaster oven isn't working & the kids pizza is frozen. He buys a new one, walks away satisfied his family is happy. The song is Nobody, But Me. This song makes the commercial! Nobody, But Me was out in 1968...the year I graduated from HS.

My less favorites are Tampax Flow Forecast, Cottonelle "Down There," and anything by Liberty Mutual, lol. 

I'm going to be up until the new year comes in & the fireworks are over because Gracie is very unsettled. Molly is sleeping.

I was hoping these quilts would be finished before the new year, but it didn't happen. My back pain tells me when to stop. Yesterday I pinned the back seams and today I took out all the pins and used double fusible tape. I avoided stitching in the ditch with the tape. The tape is permanent once ironed, but I'll be quilting over it as well.

Another wonderful year with all of us sharing our lives with each other. Thank you, Trish and Diana, for keeping us going yet another year! 

D e v o n n e

1/01/2024 9:33 am  #11

Happy New Year! 
Devonne, I hate most commercials, which is why I DVR most everything. I especially hate the ones for charities that go on and on for several minutes. if they can afford to run those commercials, they don’t need my money. 

I have a blog post up with my new cross stitch project, and my yearly stats. I used 33 pounds of yarn! And read 179 books! 

I have soup defrosting, I think it’s minestrone. 

1/01/2024 9:41 am  #12

ANOTHER GRAY DAY HERE.  I DID NOT WATCH THE BALL DROP IN TIMES SQUARE THIS YEAR.  I WAS WATCHING A TV SHOW AND FORGOT ALL ABOUT COUNTING DOWN THE MINUTES.  NO GREAT PROBLEM.  IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE ANY OTHER DAY TO ME.

DEVONNE......I RARELY WATCH TV ADS USING MY 'FAST FORWARD' BUTTON TO SKIP PAST THEM.  AS FOR THE ONE ABOUT ST JUDE AND THE ANIMAL RESCUE ONES, I CAN'T HANDLE THE SADNESS.  I HAVE TO SKIP THOSE FOR SURE.

HOLLY.....I THINK THE SAME THING ABOUT THE MEDICINE ADS.  IF THEY STOPPED ADVERTISING COSTING MILLIONS ON NATIONAL TV THEY COULD SELL THEIR MEDS AT A CHEAPER RATE FOR THOSE THAT REALLY NEED THEM.  SOME ARE SO COSTLY SICK PEOPLE DO WITHOUT.  HOW SAD.  NOT TOO LONG AGO A RELATIVE OF MINE COULD NOT AFFORD THE COST OF DIABETIC MEDS BUT THANKFULLY THEY DROPPED DOWN TO WHERE HE COULD MANAGE THEM.  I DID NOT KNOW THIS UNTIL AFTER THE FACT OR I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO HELP.  I THINK THE LAW STEPPED IN ON THAT ONE IN THIS STATE.

MY DAY WILL BE QUIET.  I HAVE TO TAKE OUT SOME TRASH TO THE DUMPSTER.  I ALSO HAVE TO FILL IN MY NEW CALENDAR WITH ALL THE SPECIAL DAYS FOR THE YEAR LIKE BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARIES AND DR APPTS AND SUCH.  I LIKE HAVING THOSE MARKED CLEARLY ON MY CALENDAR ON THE KITCHEN CLOSET DOOR SO I CAN SEE THEM AND PLAN AHEAD.   I WILL COOK A LITTLE, TOO, OF COURSE.
I PLAN TO CUT BACK ON MY SNACKING SO MY RESOLUTION FOR THIS YEAR WILL BE TO LOSE THE 9 LBS THAT I GAINED OVER THE HOLIDAY.  I THINK I CAN MANAGE THAT AND STICK WITH IT.  AT LONG LAST, A RESOLUTION I MAY BE ABLE TO KEEP.  USUALLY I NEVER DO.

I ORDERED A SUNLIGHT FLOOR LAMP TO PUT BESIDE MY SEWING MACHINE.  I LOVE THE ONE I HAVE BESIDE MY DINING TABLE WHERE I USE MY COMPUTER AND CUT FABRIC AND SUCH. I THOUGHT I SHOULD GET IT BEFORE PRICES GO UP AGAIN.  THEY ALWAYS DO, DON'T THEY. 

THAT'S IT FROM MY CORNER OF THE WORLD.  STAY SAFE.  ENJOY YOUR DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/01/2024 9:50 am)

1/01/2024 9:45 am  #13

Happy New Year!

My new plan (I don't do resolutions).
For each week: 
What is my rose (what looks or feels great?)
What is my thorn (what annoyed me?)
What is my bud (what am I looking forward to?)

Last edited by Needlecrazy (1/01/2024 9:47 am)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

1/01/2024 9:55 am  #14

1/01/2024 10:53 am  #15

Good Morning, not feeling very sharp this morning, so will be very brief!  Am drinking my Premier Protein for energy and to support my immune system.  Tastes good, only have chocolate!

Do believe Rhonda will be over today, haven't seen her for quite a few days, so will be nice.  It is so still outside, but sunny, so that's nice.  Will quit now and wish you all a Happy New Year, Love, BJ.

1/01/2024 11:42 am  #16

Carol, I like your plan for the year. Some weeks, the thing that annoys me the most is me! LOL.

i did the first couple rounds of a baby granny afghan, so now I can just pick it up when the spirit moves me. It’s in a project bag beside my seat on the couch. It’s mindless, so I can work on it when talking on the phone. I gave some away this year to my girls to give as gifts, so I want to build my stash back up.

A few years ago our friends Barbara and John had an anniversary party, and I had made signature squares for the guests to sign. Their daughter then embroidered over the signatures with black thread. Last summer Barbara got some of the extras from me to put more names on. I realized I hadn’t done a square for us, so I just now did it. I’m not used to using a sharp needle, and stuck myself several times! Today I’ll call her and check the status of the squares she has, so I can finally sew the squares together and quilt it. You don’t want to rush into these things, LOL. 

1/01/2024 5:38 pm  #17

Wishing you all a healthy and happy New Year!  Trish, your prayer was just lovely.  Thanks!

We did just spent the evening with Aaron and Katie as Aaron's kids were with their mom.  We just hope she was not drinking, but most likely was.  We played some cards, watched some New Years Eve music on TV and went to bed at 12:05. lol.  Aaron was going to stay the night but decided to drive on home (about 20  minutes away).  The weather was just fine so no problem.

Today (and yesterday) I made four paper pieced 12 inch blocks.  I am doing red, white and blue and will make a throw quilt for the local Veteran's home here.  They have affordable housing for Vets (both men and one for women) in the area.  They take donations of all sorts.

Aaron got a Ninja Air Fryer for Christmas.  Wow, does it make crispy wings!  I just may have to get one myself.  I don't really use a lot of appliances in the kitchen but do use my crock pot.  Not a fan of the Instant pot.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/02/2024 2:27 am)

1/01/2024 6:03 pm  #18

I defrosted minestrone for dinner, but it was roasted peppers and tomatoes! So Ralph had that, and I had pepperoni and cheese. 

The plan for tomorrow is to go to Sam’s Club, they were closed today.

1/01/2024 10:11 pm  #19

Cheryl, I've also been thinking about getting an air fryer for veggies. I also read they make good hamburgers, even frozen ones. I need to find the smallest one, which I think is two quarts.

My new year's resolutions are my thoughts...to drink more water and to visit my family more. 

Gary is coming early in the morning after he drops Sadie Grace off at school. He's going to the UPS Store with me, then to Penneys. I bought two sweaters and they are too big. I got him a car charger/jump starter and I got the wrong one. I love Amazon because they're so good with returns. We're going to meet Greg and Carter for lunch.

Even with Christmas, I lost 2 lbs. last week. I need to drop 10 more before the Feb. cruise, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Last edited by DownSouth (1/01/2024 10:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

1/02/2024 2:03 am  #20

We were at the Opera House today, this huge cruise ship was in the harbour!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera