OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/11/2023 7:12 pm  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY 5 NOV ~ SAT 11 NOV

Judy, thanks for asking about my cataract surgery.  This one went very well and I can see more clear with this eye than with my previous surgery on the other eye.  I guess that wrinkled macula in my eye caused way more issues than I thought.  Thankfully my retina was not damaged.    Dean and I eat boring and plain most days too.  Food is not that important to us, so some days it is canned soup and other days a cooked meal. 

Trish, good luck with your cataract surgery.  Most everybody I know who has had it loves the results.  I hope you are feeling much better these days and your cough is gone.

Holly, like you, I am so happy to see the Veterans get their due recognition,  I remember how the Vietnam Vets were treated so horribly when they came home.  A friend of mine died there.  He was a tank driver .My brother was in the Army during Vietnam time, but he was sent to Korea instead of 'Nam.  We were so thankful.  He was only 18, so perhaps that had something to do with it.  We were at Applebee's for supper and there were a lot of Veterans there for the meal.  It was nice to see them.

Sandra, glad you were able to get your turkey breasts.  I bought a bone-in turkey breast yesterday and will roast it.  I usually buy a Honeysuckle or Butterball, but did not this year as they were $3.49 a pound.  I bout one from Aldi's that was $1.99, so hopefully it will be good.

Devonne, your embroidery designs are great!  The Snowman was so cute.  I always think of Kelli when I see a snowman as they were her favorite and she had collected lots of them.

I am still making lots of scrap quilts but now have changed to making an actual quilt with the three layers and will give them to Project Linus.  My local JoAnn's  is collecting them.  I was going to give them to the Children's Hospital but since Covid, they don't really want them.  At least that is the feeling I got when I messaged them.  

Nothing much going on here, so will sigh off for now.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/11/2023 11:05 pm)

11/11/2023 10:01 pm  #62

Re: ODT SUNDAY 5 NOV ~ SAT 11 NOV

Devonne- we plan to stay home.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/11/2023 11:04 pm)

Board footera