OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/09/2023 7:09 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY 5 NOV ~ SAT 11 NOV

Coastal Ripple is done! I did the two borders today. I did a blog post of it with Wednesday’s picture. It took a long time to do the two borders. 

We had leftovers for dinner.

Sandra, keep your snow! 

11/10/2023 6:35 am  #42

Devonne- Black ☹️.  Boring as I’ve had a black suv since 2009. But it was on the lot and they couldn’t order one….take it or leave it. 
You amaze me with your emb.  I don’t think I could handle it.

11/10/2023 9:54 am  #43

THE BOARD'S BEEN PRETTY QUIET LATELY.  I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING OK.

ITS SUNNY AND COLD HERE THIS MORNING.  OUR SNOW HAS DISAPPEARED WHICH WAS NOT SURPRISING.  NO ONE HAD TO JOCKEY THEIR CARS IN THE PARKING LOT THIS TIME.

MY DAU IS TRYING TO GET US TURKEY BREASTS FROM HER STORE.  SHE'S TALKED TO THE MEAT MANAGER AND HE IS GOING TO TRY TO SAVE HER 2 FROM THE DELIVERY EXPECTED TODAY.  ONLY 20 CASES SO NOT MANY.  ITS HER DAY OFF TODAY BUT SHE'S HOPING HE DOES NOT FORGET.  

I WILL TRULY WASH MY FLOORS TODAY.  I HAVE THEM CLEARED OFF AND SWEPT.  THE NEXT STEP IS THE WET WASHING.  THESE DAYS I DO THINGS IN STEPS.  IT TAKES LONGER, BUT I HAVE THE TIME AS LONG AS I HAVE THE ENERGY.  
I HAVE BEEN DEBATING WHETHER TO MAKE CHICKEN RICE SOUP TODAY.  I HAVE CHICKEN LEFTOVERS AND ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I MADE SOME.  ITS SOMETHING I CAN EASILY SHARE WITH OTHERS, TOO.  I THINK I WILL.

JANET.....CONGRATS ON THE NEW CAR, WHATEVER THE COLOR.  AT LEAST ITS NEW AND WON'T BE BREAKING DOWN ON YOU ANYTIME SOON.  THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

DEVONNE......YOU AMAZE ME WITH ALL YOUR EMBROIDERY WORK.  I AM SURE YOUR FAMILY APPRECIATES ALL THE THINGS THEY GET FROM YOU AND THEY ARE DISTINCTIVE, THAT'S FOR SURE.

TRISH......I HOPE YOU ARE FINALLY FEELING MUCH BETTER TODAY. 

SAN.....WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU.  TIME TO CHECK IN WITH US TODAY. 

I AM THANKFUL FOR WAKING TO A SUNNY MORNING TODAY.
I AM THANKFUL TO STILL BE ABLE TO WASH MY OWN FLOORS.
I AM THANKFUL FOR ENOUGH FOOD I CAN SHARE WITH OTHERS.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/10/2023 9:59 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/10/2023 10:20 am  #44

Janet, after 2 gray Caravans then a dark blue one, I was ready for a color. My Tucson is called Sonora Sunset, a burnt orange, and I love it. I can find it in parking lots!
The technician from Raymour and Flanagan was here, the wiring on his recliner can’t be fixed so they will replace it. He’s only had it since late spring. 

It’s rainy and drizzling here, 50 degrees. I finished Coastal Ripple last night, now I’ll start another ocean looking one. 

11/10/2023 10:38 am  #45

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope everyone is feeling well.  I am not feeling great this morning, but will survive.  It is totally still outside, high and low, fairly gray.  Not much going on, took Frank his coffee and I've got mine, along with a couple of breakfast balls.  They are so good!!

I have no plans for the day, Tracy will be here later as they are going to be coming up this way and spending the night, then in the morning, they will go up north and camp out for a couple of nights.  Sounds like fun, but I expect the weather will be poor!

Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

11/10/2023 11:11 am  #46

It's drizzling here and will be raining all weekend. It dropped the temp by 12 degrees. A good time to be in the sewing room, but I need some downtime so will find a movie to watch after lunch. 

I was going to meet Greg at Costco to get my tires rotated. We were going to leave my vehicle there and go to lunch. Carter told his Mom he wants to go home. Greg is headed to get him now. It's a little over a 2 hour round trip. We'll do Costco another day.

Janet, we bought a brand new Toyota Avalon that was black. I liked it except it was gray on the inside, which I didn't want. We sold it and bought the Highlander I have now. Guess what? It's gray on the inside!

Thanks, ladies, for the kind words. I love my embroidery machine, but the newer ones do so much more. I'm saving money...not sure if it will be for a car or an embroidery machine, lol.  I'll post pics later today. 

Last edited by DownSouth (11/10/2023 11:15 am)

D e v o n n e

11/10/2023 11:43 am  #47

HOLLY.......REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO STICK LITTLE BALLS OR SOMETHING ON OUR ANTENNA SO WE COULD FIND OUR CARS IN THE PARKING LOTS?  NOW YOU CAN'T DO THAT SO ITS GREAT YOUR CAR IS A DIFFERENT COLOR FROM MOST.  THUMBS UP GIRL.

YIPPEE ITS GOING TO BE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING FOR ME.  MY DAU JUST LET ME KNOW SHE WAS ABLE TO GET ME TWO, YES TWO, BONELESS HALF TURKEY BREASTS BETWEEN 2 AN 3 LBS EACH.  MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME FOR A  COUPLE OF DAYS.  AND EASIER TO ROAST BEING BONELESS.  I AM GOING TO LOVE FINALLY GETTING MY TURKEY FIX.  
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/10/2023 11:48 am)

11/10/2023 11:57 am  #48

QB, congrats on the turkey "score"!  Those sound perfect for you...   Will you make your usual dressing?  
We haven't "talked turkey"  here, yet.  But Bill, who is the most laid back guy I know, is insisting ML make her chicken/dressing casserole this year and save herself all the work and stress.  Whatever she/they decide is fine with us.  We surely won't starve.  Maybe Andrew, who will be home Thangvg. week will step up and perform his culinary skills.

Howard has the P.O. app on his phone that tells him what's coming.  Early this week, he saw there was an envelope from grandson, Jacob.  We never got it, but I suspected, and was right, that it was an invite for the 1st b.d. party for our great grandson, Jude.  How do I know?  Howard texted Jacob this morning.  He said he'd try to send another.  Otherwise, he'll send us the details in  a text.  Should be interesting...Rita and David's divorce was just final, so there's that plus H's grandson, Joshua, (R & D's 2nd son) is getting married this weekend.  How do I know?  From ML looking at Facebook.  Of course, we weren't invited.  We are capable of driving the 2 1/2 hrs. there, but since it's not too far from Andrew, they may drive us down (for the b.d.party) and go see him while were at it.  Howard may not like being there, or anywhere without wheels...Now, can you all see why I'm half nuts? 

We are having a bright, sunny but very chilly day.  Everything is glowing outside.  Still some green foliage close to the ground but most of the higher up leaves have come off.  Can now see the highway clearly thru our front woods.

Janet, congrats on the new Edge.  I would be a bit disappointed in black, too.  We have loved our teal Honda.  While not as bright as yours Holly, we can usually find it without much trouble, too.  I love some of the new colors of orange and lime green.  Howard would gag on both of those, but we're not in the market right now.  

Off to do some work.  Have a good day.  Hugs!  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (11/10/2023 12:14 pm)

11/10/2023 12:49 pm  #49

My Edge is red. You’d think it would be easy to find in a parking lot but there are LOT of red vehicles. In fact, there are usually three red Edges in the lot at church as well as a few other red SUVs. As I walked from my parked car to the door at Walmart yesterday, every one of the five vehicles I passed were red!

Speaking of my Edge, I noticed last week that the sticker the service center put on at the last oil change indicated I was past due for another one. I was pretty sure I hadn’t driven enough to need it yet so called and explained to the service manager. He told me to bring car in and they would take a look. When I was there yesterday, their conclusion, after looking at the oil,  was that the mileage in their records didn’t get updated correctly last time so I’m not due for another 1500 miles. Some people think it’s silly for me to continue taking my car to the dealership for service since they charge more than some places. But I feel that they are completely honest and know more about what my car needs than I do, so the peace of mind is worth it to me. 

While in Carbondale I did a lot of shopping. I got a new pair of shoes and a few small pieces of fabric to use in Bonnie Hunters upcoming mystery quilt. I also got almost all of the “pre-Christmas” gifts that I do for my family. Everyone gets a small gift for each of the 10 days before Christmas. First one is always an ornament, another is always a toothbrush, one or two are small snacks, and the rest are just little fun or useful things. For example, all the guys will get a package of zip ties one day and the women will get  a shower pouf.

11/10/2023 3:24 pm  #50

Afternoon y'all! 

Yes, I am still hanging in there.  Still lots on my plate. 

I did take some me time and go to the retreat in Houston.  It was the most relaxed I have been in months.  I drove.  Might become a routine for me, loved it there!  Carol and Lisa ordered the perfect weather!  

While I was there we got 2 offers on the other lake property!  Mom got asking price.  Gravy money as hubby calls it!  Won't get rich off of it, but gives mom some cushioning, financially! 

Estate sale for the house is next weekend and then the house will go on the market Thanksgiving week!  I'm fearful that since we sold the first 2 properties quickly this one will linger.  Hubby doesn't think it will, he has been right so far!  Don't tell him I said that! 

Just finished filling out paperwork online for the house, the disclosure stuff.  Answering "I don't have a clue" wasn't an option!  LOL!  It's done and off my plate! 

Mom is doing good.  They sprayed her room for bugs yesterday and took all the linen off her bed including a quilt and washed it in the washing machine on heavy duty then in the dryer.  The quilt was damaged.  I'm livid, since they are not supposed to wash mom's stuff.  I removed all the quilts from her room today, still missing 3 pillows!  I threw a stink today, I told them if they don't know how to wash stuff then that person doesn't need to be doing that job.  They put a feather pillow in the washer, also!  And I wonder why some days I am overwhelmed! 

Luke is home and going stir crazy.  He has a volunteer position set up at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield, not sure when it starts.  This will look great on his resume.  He's looking for a seasonal job.  He wants to put money to the side to buy a house in the future!  Smart boy.  He has 2 pending offers for parks, seasonal, starting in April.  One is Acadia, the other is the Grand Tetons!  I'm ready to go back to either!  Loved them both! 

Sara is still working on the Phd stuff!  She seems to love it! 

Alex is still home, but says he's looking for another job! 

A world without Bandit is a tad empty, Miss that boy.  We are talking that once the Columbia house is sold, we will look at adopting another dog! 

My current world revolves around mom's care.  Leaves little time to do what I want.  She was upset I went to Houston.  I put it plain and simple to her, "I am not going to die like my sister, friendless, because I am taking care of you"!  You have to be succinct with my mom, if not you leave the door open for her interpretation of things, and it's never close to what you said! 

You are now caught up on my little corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

11/10/2023 6:27 pm  #51

Sandra, hooray on the turkey breast(s)!

I'm not cooking a big turkey meal this year. None of us need it, so I don't know what it will be. Another thankful day for sure, lol!

Welcome home, Theresa! I was wondering how your Mom took it with you gone. So happy to hear you are considering adopting another dog. So many need homes.

Marylou, I love your pre-Christmas gifts idea and it doesn't have to cost much...more thoughtful, necessary things.

Here's a few pictures of some of the emb. designs. I love the deer one.

I was thrilled to find this design since Greg & Carter are golfers.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/10/2023 6:33 pm)

D e v o n n e

11/10/2023 7:51 pm  #52

I forgot to tell y'all Ashley said to tell everyone hi. Her Suburban (which was her Dad's vehicle) can't be repaired, so her Mom takes her where she needs to go.

The good news is she got her SS disability benefits earlier this year (I believe she said January). 

More good news! They are finally working on Gary's disability claim. 

D e v o n n e

11/11/2023 7:03 am  #53

MaryLou- my DH does most of the car maintenance on all our vehicles.  However, IF you are comfortable with and trust your dealership then go there.  There are so many unscrupulous and just lousy shops around it is probably your best bet.

11/11/2023 8:11 am  #54

Mary Lou, I take my Hyundai to the dealership also. 
Carol, thank you for your service. Thanks to all the husbands, dads and sons who served. 
Theresa, that’s a hard choice of National Parks! 

11/11/2023 9:39 am  #55

FIRSTLY, OUR LINDA IS NOT DOING WELL LATELY.  SHE WANTED ME TO LET YOU KNOW.  SHE HAS BEEN HAVING SOME AWFUL DAYS WITH HER DIZZINESS AND FEELING SICK.  SHE HAS MEDS BUT SOMETIMES THEY JUST DON'T SEEM TO WORK FOR HER.  SEND HER SOME GOOD WISHES AND THOUGHTS PLEASE.  SHE COULD USE THEM.

DEVONNE.....ON A HIGH NOTE, I LOVE YOUR EMBROIDERY WORK.  THEY ARE LOVELY.  WHEN I SEE YOUR WORK I WONDER WHY I NEVER GOT AN EMBROIDERY MACHINE.  THESE DAYS THOUGH THEY ARE OUTRAGEOUS IN PRICE.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
THAT'S GOOD NEWS FOR ASHLEY GETTING HER DISABILITY.  IT SURE TOOK A LONG TIME.
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SON'S DISABILITY CLAIM BEING PROSESSED SOON ALSO.  THUMBS UP.

JUDY......I PLAN ON MAKNG MY SAUSAGE DRESSING ON THE SIDE THIS TIME.  NO BIG BIRD TO STUFF.  
I FOUND AN OLD RECIPE OF MINE I USED TO MAKE OFTEN......SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE MADE IN A BUNDT PAN.  I THINK I WILL MAKE ONE OF THOSE SOON.  THEY ARE SO TASTY AND NOW WITH SO MANY FRIENDS HERE, IT WON'T GO TO WASTE.

MARYLOU........YES, GO WHERE YOU FEEL COMFY WITH THE CAR.  NO NEED TO GET YOURSELF WORKED UP WITH A NEW PLACE AND NEW PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN TRUST.  THESE SEEM TRUSTWORTHY FOLK.

THERESA......HOW NICE THINGS ARE STARTING TO SELL.  I AM GLAD YOU GOT TO GO TO THE RETREAT.  YOU DESERVED TO TREAT YOURSELF.

CAROL.....THANK YOUR FOR YOUR SERVICE AND ALL THOSE WHO SERVED TO KEEP OUR COUNTRY FREE. I REMEMBER MANY FROM MY OWN FAMILY WHO HAVE SINCE PASSED ON.  

AS FOR ME, ITS ANOTHER NICE SUNNY DAY BUT COLD.  I ONLY HAVE TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH TODAY.  I DID A GOOD WASH ON MY FLOORS THIS WEEK AND I MADE A BIG POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP I SHARED WITH 4 OTHERS HERE.  I HAVE SOME LEFTOVERS BUT STILL I AM GOING TO MAKE SOME SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS FOR SUPPER TONITE.  I CAN ALSO HAVE THE MEATBALLS IN A LONG SANDWICH ROLL FOR A BIT OF CHANGE.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A SUNNY DAY.  WITH MY S.A.D. I LOVE THE SUNSHINE BUT NOT THE HEAT FROM IT.  FUSSY, FUSSY ME.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FOOD IN MY CUPBOARDS SO I WON'T BE GOING HUNGRY ANYTIME SOON.
I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS SITE AND FRIENDS WHO CARE FOR ONE ANOTHER HERE.
HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/11/2023 9:56 am)

11/11/2023 10:57 am  #56

Thanks to all who served or have family members who served, or maybe are still serving. 
    I had just about crawled out of my “hole” when I was forced to get on the phone with dau in law late yesterday.  I won’t go into detail, but it was not pretty.  So the rest of my day was shot as I felt myself slipping back in.
   We will probably take the new car to the dealership for routine service.  It’s about 35 mins away so it will mean shooting most of the day, but what else have I got to do? 🤷‍♀️
    Theresa- welcome make.  I’m determined to get to Houston some day.  I’m not much of a flyer (haven’t flow since the Charlotte retreat)and with what’s going on, I’m worried about about traveling, esp by air.

11/11/2023 11:17 am  #57

Good morning, Just a quickie. Mom just showered and got her hair done. It is beautiful and so easy for me. She was my model for State Boards in Beauty School, easy A!
We are all bombing around to get ready for the Veteran's Day Parade in town. We never miss it. Lost power for a minute last night so the computer was down this morning. Not sure if mom will get to a post. Be well everyone. Enjoy your holiday. Kendra and I are headed to the Canadian Border to stay at a resort for the night after parade. Just a girl getaway. 

11/11/2023 12:03 pm  #58

Hi there, I see Tracy got on here ahead of me and filled you in on what we're doing.  So I'll just say Hi! to all and sign off.  Wishing you all well.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

11/11/2023 12:59 pm  #59

We went to Texas Roadhouse and Ralph got his voucher for a free meal, then to Olive Garden for his free lunch. So nice to see Vets being acknowledged, especially the Vietnam ones, it was a long time coming. 

Janet, so sorry for your continued bad experiences with DIL. She must be a very insecure person, and sounds exhausting to deal with. 

11/11/2023 2:46 pm  #60

Today is Gary's 55th birthday. He, Emily and I went to breakfast at Waffle House. I got up way too early, so resting today. I wish I could fall asleep!

Tracy, have a great time at the girls getaway!

I don't take my car to the dealership because there isn't one close to me. I wouldn't hesitate to take it there, though.

It's drizzling here and looks dreary & dismal. I changed my sheets this morning & did a load of laundry. Emily put together a barstool for me. I was glad to get the help, as I was using the wrong screws in the wrong area. 

Janet, are you & Jerry going to NY for Thanksgiving? Sometimes it's just easier to stay home, isn't it?

Sandra, yes, they are very, very expensive IF you get a new one. The newest one by Husqvarna, the Epic 2, is $20,000. Even the ones 3-4 years old aren't cheap. 

Trish, I hope your cough is gone by now. Gary is coughing a lot. He says it's the weather change...I hope it isn't his lungs.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/11/2023 2:47 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera