OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/29/2023 12:08 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY 5 NOV ~ SAT 11 NOV

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/04/2023 11:27 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY 5 NOV ~ SAT 11 NOV

Bumping for the week!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/05/2023 2:31 am  #3

Thank you, Trish! You geat me to it! 😉🤗

It's probably already been mentioned, but did you remember to set your clocks BACK an hour?

I've been gone and will be gone through most if not all of next week. DH had a surgical procedure Thursday and we were busy prepping for that. We had to be at the hospital at 5 am, which is crazy early for us! Since DH works swing-shift, we often aren't in bed until 2am!

Anyway, I gotta run, but I'm thinking of all of you!🤗

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/05/2023 8:14 pm)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

11/05/2023 3:59 am  #4

Good morning everyone! I'm awake way too early, darn time change. It will be a long day.

Trish your friend was about three hours south of me. Hope she enjoyed her visit. May have seen some colored leaves or snow, hard telling.

Having a wonderful time at camp. Going home today.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

11/05/2023 6:01 am  #5

Most of our clocks went back on their own. I turned the others back before I went to bed. It’s my job ever since an issue years ago when we both did the clocks and I was hours late for work. 😡
This has not been a good few days. Maybe I’ll tell you more later. No one is ill, hurt or anything like that.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/05/2023 8:13 pm)

11/05/2023 8:58 am  #6

HOLLY.......THANKS FOR MENTIONING PIZZA.  I THINK I WILL DEFROST SOME GROUND BEEF AND PIZZA DOUGH FOR MAKING PEPPERONI PIZZA TOMORROW.  I HAVE LOTS OF LEFTOVERS FOR TODAY YET BUT PIZZA SURE SOUNDS GOOD.

TRISH......GREAT PHOTO.  SO TALL AND GOOD LOOKING.  THE GALS WILL BE ALL OVER HIM SOON.

DIANE.......SORRY FOR THE MEDICAL WORRIES.   I HOPE ALL GOES WELL AND RECOVERY IS SWIFT.

PATTY.....I TOO WOKE EARLY SO CLOCKS DIDN'T WORK WELL FOR ME EITHER.  HAVE A GREAT TIME AT CAMP.

JANET.....IN MY TINY APT I HAVE 5 CLOCKS I NEED TO CHANGE MYSELF, WITH 3 IN THE KITCHEN.  OTHERS DO IT THEMSELVES.

ITS SUNDAY AND I HAVE NO PLANS FOR THE DAY.  I NEED TO REPACKAGE AND PUT MY MEATS IN THE FREEZER AND THINK ABOUT WHAT TO ORDER IN THE WEEK WHEN I ORDER MY FROZEN TURKEY BREAST.  I WILL NEED SOME OTHER ITEMS TO MAKE UP THE NUMBERS.  THERE IS A MINIMUM ORDER OF $35 TO DELIVER.
I AM THANKFUL FOR ANOTHER DAY OF LIFE AND ENERGY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR HAVING TO NEED TO MAKE DECISIONS ON WHAT TO EAT SINCE I HAVE SO MUCH FOOD IN MY LARDER.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD WHO ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR EACH OF US.
HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/05/2023 9:06 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/05/2023 9:14 am  #7

Janet, sorry you’ve had a bad week.

SIL Ed works for the electric company, and they voted to strike. Hopefully it won’t be a long one. 

Election Day is Tuesday, vote early and often! One Election Day when I was working days in the hospital, we were talking about voting on the way home (pre mail in voting days). One of the younger nurses said maybe she wouldn’t bother. She got a stern lecture from an older nurse, with a history lesson about how many people died so she’d have the right to vote. 

Sandra, the pizza was so good! When my PacNW kids come in, they want Jersey pizza.

11/05/2023 9:30 am  #8

I read yesterday that the price of turkey has dropped significantly. Really? I bought a frozen, all natural, 7.5 pound turkey breast and it was $30! I had a coupon so actually paid 23.75! I remember when the stores gave you a Turkey for free if you spent $100. Turkey breasts have always been more than whole turkeys and still are.
Pizza around here is not very good. There’s nothing like NY/NJ pizza and bagels. Right Holly?
We will be voting Tuesday. We were going to vote early but DH messed up that plan. As is usually the case. 😡

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/05/2023 8:13 pm)

11/05/2023 9:46 am  #9

JANET.....OUR FROZEN TURKEY BREASTS ARE 1.69 A LB THIS WEEK.  HOORAY.

11/05/2023 10:25 am  #10

Good Morning, can't remember who asked, but Frank is doing very well, since his hospital visit.  He's getting around well.  It is totally still outside this morning.  Not a leaf is stirring!  No sign of sun either.  The grass is mostly green now, only a few brown spots!

I'm going to take a shower this morning as soon as Tracy gets up.  I'm lazy this morning so will hope she gets up soon so I can rest for awhile.  We're going for a ride this morning after breakfast, can't remember where, but Tracy said, so that's that!!  It will be nice to get out and see some countryside.

Well, Tracy just got up, so I'm off to take my shower as soon as she gets back from walking the dog.  Will be nice to be fresh!!  Will sign off now and wish you all well.  Have a wonderful day, BJ.

11/05/2023 1:46 pm  #11

Sunday, November 5,2023. 11:35 am

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Have a good day..

DD set parental controls and time limits on my tablet and phones.. now set at 4 hours daily.. she believes that the rehab dr said that I should have limited time on electronics, since I had a stroke, for the rest of my life.. I believe it was for a month.. I have already asked for more time for today since I have already used almost 3 hours to catch up reading 📚 last week's post... she also wants me to spend more time ⏲️ watching and playing with DGSon .. I also like to play game - family island 🏝, it is a farming game.. also they have started doing mistplay, and I am considering it also since can earn some gift cards..

I also enjoy watching movies, quilt videos,etc.

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

11/05/2023 2:33 pm  #12

Carter called me last night and asked if I would meet them at McAllisters for lunch today. I like their chicken salad sandwich on a croissant. 

Today isn't my lucky day. I scorched the white fabric piece (knowing I have 3 presser cloths to prevent this). I then cut a hole in the fabric when I had a jam in the bobbin. I "knew" not to put that bobbin in there half empty because I anticipated a problem ahead of time, darn it, but did anyway! Now I'm back to where I started from 2 hours ago. It's a pretty snowman, so it will be worth it. We must take the bad along with the good! 

Janet, sorry you are having a rough few days.

I'm waiting to hear from Carol and/or Theresa to tell us all about the quilt show in Houston and the COF retreat. It looks like maybe 15 participants this year, not sure?

Judy, thank you for the kind words. I needed it today to press forward, lol! Billy always got free samples from his doctor for depression. He never ever paid for them, as they were quite expensive. I can't take the wood burning smell either. When I moved here, I was happy to be moving away from a neighbor that had a wood burning stove. Didn't get away from it here either. Would love to see a picture of your jacket!

Trish, hemming pants was never something I liked to do. When Emily asked me to do jeans for Logan, I sent her next door to the neighbor, lol. John is going to be very tall. How tall is he now?

We never did rake leaves. They are good for your yard.

Marylou, that's a lot of work David got accomplished for you. It's never to early to enjoy a Christmas tree. I saw a yard decorated for Christmas before Halloween. That was a first for me.

Diane, I hope your DH is doing well after his surgery. 

Cheryl, I doubt you are reading after cataract surgery, but let us know how it went when you can. 

BJ, can Frank walk better with his new hip?

Sandra, I may add pizza to my menu for this week. What I would really like is a calzone from Mellow Mushroom, lol. 

ETA: Diana, just saw your post. I don't know what to say about the limits placed on your tablet. It's sad. Remember when we used to play Farmville? I was really addicted to that game. 

Last edited by DownSouth (11/05/2023 2:51 pm)

D e v o n n e

11/05/2023 3:36 pm  #13

Good afternoon...don't tar and feather me, but last night and this morning are two of my favorite days of the year.  I love "slow time".  Always feel pressure when I look at the clock during DST.  Just me, not being a morning person and always getting a late start.  I know others feel the opposite.  ML does.

Trish, Julie is about 1 1/2 hours from me.  Wish we went to Shipshewana more than we do.  There's a wonderful atmosphere there and good food.  Is she there with another tour?
I love that pic of John.  He looks so like a teenager who was yanked out of bed  by his mother to clothes shop!  Will he live at home for the next leg of his education? 

"I" was planning to attend church this morning.  You know...the added hour, a good night's sleep, nice weather and sunshine, only to find out that Howard barely slept all night.  Seems like we take turns with that.  So, once again, we live-streamed it at home.  He's been camped all day in the living room watching football.  He's supposed to go upstairs for that, but I've kept still as it really hasn't bothered me today.  I sat out on the front porch and talked with ML for a bit.  Chilly, but sunny and pleasant.  Hmm...he just went out the front door?????

I baked a banana cake using a cake mix.  Easy-peasy with a lt. brown sugar glaze.  It's good and used up my four very ripe bananas.  Trish got me started and I looked  up Bonnie Hunter's recipe but also looked for one using a mix.    Good enough for this time.  (I couldn't be more lazier if I tried!)

Just found out, Andrew will be home all Thanksgiving week.  He can used comp time for Monday and Tues, and is off on Wed. thru Sunday.  I'm going to suggest that he come over and go through all my Christmas decorations, most of which I don't put out/up anymore.  Some are family things.  Not very lovely, but old.  I'll run it by his mother first.  Don't want to overload him with STUFF he really doesn't want.  That he'll just have to move.  

QB, really nice pics of Ralphie and Soozie.  Cute spelling.  Do you ever hear from Mary?  Did she ever remarry?  Just curious as at one time you two were close.  You always say your life is boring and dull, but you have many friends you've made there and are always thinking of someone else, which is really what life is about.  
Devonne, I'll try for the pic.  But don't hold  your breath.  Will send it to QB when I get Howard to help me.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (11/05/2023 3:43 pm)

11/05/2023 7:00 pm  #14

Regarding San and her screen time, I’m going to put on my nurse hat and agree with her daughter. She’s already had a stroke, and the doc may feel she’s in danger of dementia. As we get older, we need social stimulation, not hiding out and playing games or watching movies alone. 4 hours a day is over 25% of awake time! My professional opinion, take it or leave it.

Janet, you got the pizza and bagel right! 

11/05/2023 7:40 pm  #15

SAN........I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT YOUR SCREEN TIME.  AT THE TIME I DID NOT REALIZE YOU WERE ALLOWED 4, YES FOUR, HOURS OF TIME ONLINE DAILY.  THAT'S MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN A PERSON WHO WORKS WITH COMPUTERS ON A DAILY BASIS.
I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT KIDS THESE DAYS USE THE PUTER TOO MUCH AND NEVER GET OUT AND ABOUT FOR EXERCISE OR THE SEE THEIR PEERS.  THAT GOES FOR ANY PERSON OF ANY AGE.  IN YOUR CASE, YOU ARE DOING TOO MUCH ON THE COMPUTER.  YOU NEED TO DO OTHER THINGS IN YOUR LIFE.  I THOUGHT YOU WERE LIMITED TO MAYBE LESS THAN AN HOUR A DAY WHEN YOU TOLD US.  I THINK YOUR DAU IS SMART TO LIMIT YOU.  SORRY.  GET YOUR LIFE IN GEAR AND DO OTHER THINGS SAN.  ENJOY YOUR LIFE IN OTHER WAYS AND GET SOME EXERCISE EVEN IF ITS LIMITED.  
I HAVE MY LIMITATIONS, TOO, BUT THE COMPUTER DOES NOT CONTROL MY LIFE NOR SHOULD IT CONTROL YOURS.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/05/2023 7:44 pm)

11/05/2023 8:09 pm  #16

Hi all

BJ I am so glad Frank is ding well, and I hope your leg isn't giving you as much trouble, are you going to spend some time with Tracy in your quilt studio?

SANDRA good idea to buy the turkey now while you can, I did my online order yesterday, they only left off the cookies I wanted, they had runout, they are from the bakery section and he never has enough stock on the weekend, the baker on duty is a lazy guy, does as little as possible he's been there for years, and seems to get by though.  Pizza sounds good!!

INDY John is over 6 foot, think it's 6' 3" but he may be taller, and yep, hair not done, they just don't care LOL He doesn't have a girl friend, he has some great mates though, they are friends with girls, but none of them are particularly interested in romance. Laughing about the leaf picking up, the Mr does it on our front lawn, he can't stand them, tosses them onto the garden.  LOL what a stupid thing to do, blow leaves out of the forest. An easy banana cake is a good one! The Bonnie H one makes two large ones,  have to cut them and freeze, each one weighs more than 3lb when done  ( I know because I weigh them to get them about even in the 2 pans to bake LOL  ) 

HOLLY I would agree with the less time after a stroke, I don't like that San is being told to spend more time playing with young ones, it should be a choice, sometimes when you get older you don't want to be looking after little ones, they are tiring! I had pizza in NY, I actually prefer mine to have a really thin crust LOL so mostly I get them form our little italian restaurant, he dos them like that. The big place like Dominoes doe thick crusts, we saw deep dish pizza somewhere, maybe Chicago?? They looked more like pies/quiches to us!

SAN I hope you take our thoughts with love and not criticism of you and your family. I would be very wary of any game that promises to give gift cards, they have to get the prizes from somewhere. They are just wanting you to play more to get them. Can you do some crochet or knitting, or even some hand sewing to keep you occupied? Or colouring, they have books here with gorgeous pictures for adults to colour.

DEVONNE too many times I have done just what you describe, you know while you are doing it that it's not a good idea, but you still do it anyway LOL I did it with threading my bobbin last week, I thought it would sort itself out, had to unpick the lot LOL  AND I have kept sewing "on the spot" and had the fabric get chewed up in the throat plate. I didn't realise that Carol and Theresa were at the quilt show, one of our quilters Helen Godden has a big quilt on display, it's painted on fabric, then quilted all over free hand, she is quite extraordinary, she has a lot of YouTubes. 

JANET I hope the new week brings  better days, mine is driving me crazy right now, he knows I'm still feeling unwell, but still asks every day do I want to go out for dinner/lunch. As if I want to be doing that and coughing. I know he means well LOL and he does help around the house, just  not to my standard, but I'll take it!

It's cool today, but not raining yet ! Supposed to be raining on and off for a few days, good for the garden. I forgot to get something out of the freezer, so just did that. Lamb chops for dinner. 

Yesterday I made a fruit crumble, it was really good, although very sweet. I bought frozen fruit to do it, would have been better  with fresh I guess, but frozen was easier LOL I also got the Mr some soy ice cream, he's decided he shouldn't have so much lactose, seems to affect his tum, I think it's more the amount of dairy that does it LOL but he won't admit that.

I just hung out the towels, they may not dry though.
I need to get the house tidy, it's got messy since last week, and I have been lazy, coughing is starting to improve thank heavens. He's just cut some branches off the roses, they are so full of flowers the weight is pulling the branches down they do look  (and smell) pretty, but the rain makes the flower fall pretty quick. so I haven't cut any for inside, enjoying them on the plants. instead.
I hope Theresa is OK, an that Carol is well.MaryLou has David done home? you will need a rest, nice to have the tree up!Patty they saw some snow that was more like frost. 
Indy forgot to say, Julie goes to a retreat in Shipshe every year, for the Jane Stickle quilt, she has a friend who comes from Belgium as well, they have been doing this for many years, she loves the time there.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/05/2023 8:11 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/05/2023 8:58 pm  #17

Trish, someone from COF put up pix from Houston, and Theresa is in a few, so she’s probably too busy quilt gazing to post, LOL. Carol may be there also. 

11/06/2023 8:47 am  #18

I was up at 7:30 this morning and I'm not an early morning person. It's the time change.

I got a check in the mail from Progressive for my HO for the year, $822 for Oct. 17, 2023 -Oct. 17, 2024. They said they got it too late and my HO was canceled. I checked with my bank and it cleared on 10/6, not due until 10/17. When I called, it had been applied to my auto insurance, which I don't owe anything now!  He said deposit the check and pay again. I'm glad I had the money in the bank, as it takes up to 7 days for this check to clear.

Carol is at the quilt show and the retreat. There are pictures on Circle of Friends on FB. 

Sandra, I'm not a pitbull fan, but I know there are a lot of good ones. Is your GD in a serious relationship?

These are the shirts I made for the grandkids. The spiderman one I made for Caleb was a flop. I didn't take enough time to get it in the hoop right so the fabric was a mess in the center. I got Emily to add their names using her Cricut machine. You can see where she used the heat press to set the letters.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/06/2023 9:15 am)

D e v o n n e

11/06/2023 9:19 am  #19

DEVONNE........BEING A HORSE LOVER, I ADORE THAT CENTER ONE WITH SADIE GRACE AND THE HORSE.  SOOOO CUTE.  YOU SURE DO A LOT OF EMBROIDERY WORK AND ITS LOVELY.  GOOD FOR YOU.

SAN.....YES, EVERYTHING SAID HERE TO YOU IS SPOKEN WITH LOVE.  WE CARE FOR YOU.  WE WANT YOU TO ENJOY LIFE.  

JUDY......NO, I NEVER HEAR FROM MY EX-DIL.  EXCEPT FOR CHRISTMAS WHEN SHE MAKES RUM CAKE AND SENDS SOME TO ME THRU MY GRSON.  SHE WAS VERY ANGRY WHEN MY SON GOT MARRIED THIS YEAR SO MAYBE THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT AND NO RUM CAKE FOR ME. 

I PLACED MY ORDER FOR THE TURKEY BREAST AND OTHER THINGS TO STOCK UP.  IT SHOULD BE HERE BETWEEN 6 AND 7 TONITE.  ITS THE EARLIEST TIME I COULD GET.  IN ANY CASE, I HAVE NO ROOM IN MY FREEZER SO WHEN IT DEFROSTS I WILL BE MAKING TURKEY BREAST BY THIS WEEKEND AND ENJOYING IT IMMENSELY.  CROSS YOU FINGERS THAT THE SHOPPER CAN FIND ONE FOR ME.

LOVELY DAY HERE TODAY SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND COLD.  NO FROSTS SCHEDULED FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FOOD SHOPPING ONLINE.
I AM THANKFUL FOR SUNNY DAYS.
I AM THANKFUL FOR LIFE IN GENERAL.
HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/06/2023 9:24 am)

11/06/2023 9:44 am  #20

Ralph needed labs, so I drove him then we went to the diner for breakfast. 
Devonne, doesn’t it make you nuts when companies are so inefficient? The shirts are adorable. 

I have chicken defrosting for tomorrow, haven’t figured out today yet. 

Board footera