OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/25/2023 12:10 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY 19 NOV ~ SAT 25 NOV

THANK YOU ALL for the birthday wishes, 75 WOW ! how did that happen, BUT that sounds better than 3/4 of a century LOL

I had a quiet day, dinner with the guys last night, and I trained this morning, and took myself to the LQS and bought my fabric for the temperature quilt. 40% off was too good a deal to miss, so it's my 'extra' present form Warwick.

SANDRA your dinner sounded perfect. I hope you have a long rest and enjoy watching your DVDs, I love my portable player, I have it on sometimes at night before lights out, and also at my sewing table, I can sew and watch.

INDY that is quite a drive to get to the beach! I'm so glad you had contact with family, you have been always so loving with them, the old saying of "hold them loose so they can return" I'm glad you had some bragging rights! I haven't seen any of NCIS , there were lots of pics of them filming, I don't even know if it IS on here yet LOL

DEVONNE Same for you, you love them unconditionally, I'm glad you didn't do a lot of cooking, we don't either, we find that we can do things well but simply with good food and it works.

MARYLOU sounds perfect for you, I'm so glad Lyn is over the chemo, one of our girls at training has a similar journey to Lyn, she is having a lumpectomy soon as well, she's a gorgeous human being and we al love her, she trains so she can be as strong as possible before surgery.

PATTY sorry you haven't got a nice snow yet, it will come though! 

JANET maybe the regulars were out of town? I will be training next week after our party for the group, there will probably be a few groans that day. Hope you have a good day.

HOLLY your family time must almost be over, you will miss them, but have wonderful memories.

I am ashamed to admit I have your Christmas cards on the table - still waiting for me to write on them, I was hoping to do that by now, I WILL get them done tomorrow and in the mail on Monday, otherwise they will never arrive.

I have been watching Private Practice ( a spin off from Greys Anatomy ) honestly don't know how they get to see any patients, they are always in and out of bed. I don't think it lasted very long. I have been playing it while I did my baskets. 

The Mr is at a bowls day. He and his brother have made arrangements for their sister NOT to be clearing tables, and some other small tings she does, there have been a lot of new residents, and seems there are some who feel uncomfortable with her, and as she is pretty deaf she doesn't hear when people tell her they aren't finished with their plates, so problems will arise. The management are totally onboard and are working to find other things for her to do to keep her busy and happy. We have told her she is getting so old now she really needs to "retire from work" and have someone else help out. 

It's been raining most of the day, and actually a little cool, I hope they are keeping warm camping, I worry that Dean will get a cold and that won't be fun with his nose.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/25/2023 12:12 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/25/2023 9:24 am  #62

ANOTHER BRIGHT LOVELY DAY HER BUT COLD.  I LOVE WHEN ITS SUNNY AND BRIGHT.  I WILL HAVE ANOTHER QUIET DAY HERE TODAY.  NOTHING MUCH PLANNED.  MORE TV, SOLITAIRE, CROSSWORD PUZZLES AND JUST TAKING IT EASY.  OH, I SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK.  NO OTHER CHORES ON MY LIST TODAY.  I DREW A LARGE GNOME FOR XMAS.  I THINK WITH XMAS FABRIC FOR HIS BIG HAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE XMAS ON MY DOOR.  HE'S ON MY LIST OF THINGS TO MAKE REALLY SOON.
I AM GETTING TIRED OF TURKEY BREAST.  TODAY I AM DEFROSTING SOME STEAK TO GO WITH MY LEFTOVER MASHED TATERS AND GRAVY.  IT'LL BE A CHANGE.  THE TURKEY WILL BE GOOD FOR SANDWICHES MAYBE TOMORROW.

MARYLOU......I AM SURE ITS ONE OF YOUR BLESSINGS THAT LYNN IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER AND HER OUTLOOK IS GOOD.  WISHING HER ALL THE BEST.

JUDY.....HACKED AGAIN.  WOW.  SOMEONE LOVES YOUR BUYING POWER.  SORRY TO HEAR THAT.  ITS TOUGH TO JUMP THRU HOOPS TO GET NORMAL AGAIN.

SAN.......HOW IS ELMER?  ANY NEWS YOU CAN SHARE?  I HOPE HE IS IMPROVING EVERY DAY. 

DEVONNE.....ITS NICE YOU SHOPPED ONLINE AND GOT THE FLANNEL YOU WANTED FOR QUILTS.  ITS FINE TO HAVE IT STORED AND HANDY FOR WHEN ITS NEEDED.  YOU WILL MAKE THINGS AS YOU CAN MANAGE.
AS FOR COOKING ALL DAY IN THE KITCHEN....FOR ME THAT'S NOT FEASIBLE ANY LONGER  EITHER.  I DO MY COOKING IN PHASES.  I DO ONE THING AT A TIME BUT FIRST I GET MY ITEMS ALL LINED UP ON THE COUNTER.  I DO THINGS AS I CAN MANAGE THEM.  THAT'S WHY IT TAKES ME ALL AFTERNOON TO MAKE MY BUNDIES FOR THE KIDS.  REST PERIODS ARE NECESSARY IN BETWEEN.  AND THAT'S WHY I LIKE EASY RECIPES AND MEALS THAT PROVIDE LOTS OF LEFTOVERS.    THAT MEANS LESS COOKING TIME WORKING IN THE KITCHEN.

TRISH.......GOSH, TO BE 75 AGAIN.  ENJOY IT MY DEAR.  THE YEARS MOVE A BIT FASTER ALL THE TIME.  STAY NIMBLE.  KEEP EXERCISING AND TREATING YOUR BODY WITH RESPECT SO YOU CAN GO ON FOR MANY MORE YEARS.  
GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD SUCH A NICE DAY FOR YOUR B-DAY.  YOU ARE LUCKY WITH SUCH FINE FAMILY NEARBY.  ENJOY THEM.

LINDA......I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO GET YOUR SCRIPTS TODAY.  I KNOW YOU COULD NOT GET THEM OVER THE HOLIDAY.  AT LEAST YOU WERE ABLE TO SEE FAMILY AND ENJOY THEIR COMPANY.  HUGS FOR YOU GIRL.

THAT'S IT MY FRIENDS.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/25/2023 9:38 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/25/2023 10:16 am  #63

Cold and gloomy here today. The gym was empty again. Maybe everyone is shopping?
The new car is still just sitting there in the driveway.
DH keeps talking about going somewhere for a few days, but no matter where or when I suggest he doesn’t really respond. 😡. So I’m going to give up in that idea.
Leftover Turkey dinner tonight. We had pasta last night. Leftovers don’t seem leftover if we don’t eat them the next day.
My sewing room is warmer than the rest of the house today for some reason? So I think I’ll hide out up there.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/25/2023 3:45 pm)

11/25/2023 10:49 am  #64

Good Morning, it is cold here this morning, but the sun is out, it is 31*.  I have a house full of company  so will make this very brief.  We have a lovely Thanksgiving dinner, and leftovers yesterday.  We still have plenty of leftovers so will gnaw on those for a day or two.

Time to get off here and visit with my company,  love having them here.  Larissa just came out and Jamie is up, they ran out of fuel in the motorhome, so he was a bit chilly.

Sending love and best wishes to everyone, BJ.

11/25/2023 10:55 am  #65

I put a check in the mail for my property taxes. They are due Dec. 10th. They were $255 less this year, so quite a nice surprise.

My Christmas shopping is almost over. I need two more small gifts.

Janet, my sewing room is the coldest room in the house. Greg gave me a portable heater to use. I only use it when it's really cold outside. You sound so down. Sending you a big hug today! 

Trish, you are ahead of me! I don't have any Christmas cards yet, lol. 

D e v o n n e

11/25/2023 11:09 am  #66

Good morning.    Howard's already been to the credit bureau.  We got a call early that his DEBIT CARD WAS HACKED!  Yes, I'm yelling again.  First, our credit card two days ago and now his debit. If he wished, he could go in and get a new one right away or it would be 7 to 10 business days as it is with the credit card.  His new one will become active on Monday.  ML thinks we are doing something wrong, but we aren't...it's just one of those things. 

Trish, the Dunes park and beach are only 10 miles from us.  Maybe you were thinking of the 2 1/2 hrs, to -Howard's family??   That's why I complain that we never go...it's only 10 miles!   Seventy-five sounds good to me, too.    Just a kid!    

Nothing else going on here so I'll close and wish you all a good day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (11/25/2023 11:10 am)

11/25/2023 1:39 pm  #67

Devonne- thank you.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/25/2023 3:44 pm)

11/25/2023 3:52 pm  #68

Hope you all survived the big day, now on to Christmas and Hanukkah !!

I would like to get a new computer today, Apple are having a promotion with gift cards for big purchases, so why not take advantage, BUT the bank in it's wisdom has set a limit per day, and the purchase will go over, just hoping that the credit card limit I set will override it. I know they are doing it to protect themselves, but  - hey - it's our money, let me spend it LOL

I have just spent an hour trying to override the system, and finally got a robot response that I need to change the limit unperson. GRRR!!!

INDY I was thinking of the long trip of 2 hours.

Like MARYLOU I don't mind a long drive, I would stop whenever, I have done an all day drive lots of times, lately it's only a couple hours each way to my sis, but longer doesn't bother me. 

I am seeing lots of sun, so it's going to get hot later, I need to get dressed and get moving.

Enjoy your rest SANDRA crosswords and jigsaw puzzles sound good to me! I think I need to clear off the table and set one up. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/25/2023 9:20 pm  #69

Another busy day here! We got a hoagie tray and potato salad, Heather had appetizers and pasta, and my sisters in law both came in with food, so we had tons of food! We were at Heather’s house, and my brother and sis in law, Ralph’s brother and sis in law, my nephew and wife, us, Heather’s family and Manda’s family. It was a fun day, lots of laughter and love. 

Now I’m tired!

11/25/2023 9:41 pm  #70

My week here in Mississippi ended on a good note. All of David’s family, except Nate who had to return to Savannah yesterday, were at his house this evening for Thanksgiving leftovers followed. by putting up Christmas decorations. I hope to have a good nihts sleep so I’ll be well rested for the drive home tomorrow.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/25/2023 9:53 pm)

11/25/2023 9:52 pm  #71

I’ll change your text later MARYLOU , edited, I got it to change on the ipad😄

we got the new computer, currently setting it up. So I may not be able to use it tonight. Trial and error, mostly error LOL

At least I have started the transfer, it was saying ( after me sitting writing cards for a long while) that it would be 78 HOURS to complete , after 5 minutes it’s down to 38 hours LOL

It’s me that has to do it, he is far too impatient and bad tempered.
Keep well, everyone, hope San checks in soon.
When we went to the shopping centre we had to go right to the top of the car park, we had bought and were leaving about an hour later and all the entrances were jammed, crazy. The centre was packed we didn’t even get a coffee, came back to our little shops and got one there

see you later — I hope 😄😄, now down to 32 hours 😄

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/25/2023 9:54 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera