OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/20/2023 12:15 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY 19 NOV ~ SAT 25 NOV

November 20, 2023. 10:10am

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Please pray 🙏 for dh Elmer.. he was taken to ER at OHSU late last night.. he is now in ICU.. we are waiting for more tests and results.. they say he is very sick..

Thank you..

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/21/2023 12:22 am)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

11/20/2023 12:30 pm  #22

Yes, BJ and I also enjoy reading your posts and what's going on with your family.  You, personally, may have an uber quiet life, but with them coming and going so often, it's like they're doing things in your place and sharing  them with you as much as you can do... (if that makes any sense?)    Your comments on the outside conditions make me look around and really SEE what's going on HERE.  

Today, it's softly sunny, a bit windy and quite chilly.  We're home for the day.  I've made a few messes over the weekend and need to pick them up and straighten.  Today is ML's birthday.  She's 62 and lamenting that fact, but only a bit.  I went over there yesterday afternoon with her presents and we sat in her living room while she opened them.  She was quite delighted with everything,  Since we no longer exchange Christmas presents with everyone, only the name we've drawn, she and I, with Nov. and Dec. birthdays, go a bit overboard with each other but thoroughly enjoy that process, even better than bona fide Christmas presents.  But, at our family gathering, besides our one gift,  everyone  also gets something from 'Santa', often a gag gift or something particular for that person and '' 'Santa' is ML.She refuses to abide by the rules...

For her b.d., I got her two books, one of  daily Morning and Evening Prayers for a year, and one about pottery-making using air-dried clay--she loves pottery--some new colored pencils, rose gold hoop earrings with an added bauble hung on them, A Vera Wang super soft,  (because of her ulner nerve issues), long-sleeved top, and a $20 bill.  

Trish, that's thoughtful of you to give Gary first dibs on the shaver.  Sort of a rite of passage, if he's sentimental.  I don't know if you get AFV, America's Funniest Videos, but one of the repeating things they show is young people who've had their wisdom teeth pulled after having an anesthetic.  They are out of control and say the funniest things.  It's my least favortie segment, because I've wondered if  it was all staged.  Now, I know different!  

Devonne, it's another HP laptop.  Like I had before.  Howard got a good deal on one that's identical to his.  It's refurbished, looks brand new and can be returned within 30 days if necessary.   The Chromebook he already had was just okay, for me.  I would have gotten used ot it, but I like the bigger screen this one has and the fact that I'm used to using this one.  
I hope Gary gets some better news.  Has to be such a big worry and scare.  Congrats on getting your house decorated early.  I'm sure that was fun doing with just Sadie Grace to yourself.  

Cheryl, Wow!  those quilts are wonderful and so pretty/cute.  You ARE a generous kind person.
 I had one phone conversation with Kelli over something about Curves? and enjoy talking in person with her..  Loved reading here about her family and sometimes crazy life!   Glad to hear Jessi has a new marriage and a new life.

QB, nice you can share with Tom on Thanksgiving.  Will you invite him in with you or just share your food?  I see you doing it both ways, but maybe you don't want to start something like that... Congrats on all  your new 'toys' .  Those things are our toys now...  Always a bit of a  lift to get something new.  I can remember when Grandma got a pop-up toaster, our first of that ilk.  She was so proud of it.  That was a day or two ago. 

Happy belated anniversary to Janet and Jerry.  Have great fun with your various family members, Holly.  
Have a good day, everyone.  See you later...
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (11/20/2023 12:40 pm)

11/20/2023 2:14 pm  #23

San,  praying for Elmer (and you).  So sorry to hear this.  Hope all will be well.   Indy

Last edited by indyanny (11/20/2023 2:18 pm)

11/20/2023 3:47 pm  #24

AFTERNOON ALL!

CHERYL, NICE QUILTS FOR PROJECT LINUS. I AM SURE THEY WILL BE MUCH LOVED.

TRIED A CUPCAKE RECIPE FROM THE COOKING SHOW THE KITCHEN. KATI MADE THEM USING A SPICE CAKE MIX AND A CAN OF PUMPLIN (NOT THE PIE FILLING, BUT JUST PUMPKIN). MIX AND BACK AS DIRECTED ON CAKE MIX. SHE MADE A CREAM CHESE FROSTING BUT I JUST USED CANED FROSTING. WANTED TO TRY THEM OUT TO SEE IF THEY WERE ANY GOOD. THEY HAVE BEEN A HIT HERE. DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE THEM THURSDAY IF THEY WERE NOT GOOD. DON'T THINK I MIXED THEM LONG ENOUGH AND WILL MAYBE BAKE THE MAX TIME LISTED.  I AM ALL FOR SOMETHING EASY. HOPE I CAN GET SOME MORE MIX. ONLY MADE 14, SO WILL DO 2 BATCHES CAN FIND IT ON THE FOOD NETWORK UNDER THE KITCHEN AND KATIE. THINK HER LAST NAME IS LEE.

EXPECTING SOME RAIN TONIGHT AND TOMORROW. WE NEED IT BADLY. ALSO FOR THE WILDFIRES IN THE AREA. WE HAVE BEEN IN A DROUGHT. WATER AUTHORITY CALLED ME ABOUT OUR WATER USEAGE. WHEN I CALLED THEM BACK TOLD THEM UNFORTUNATELY, PLANTED NEW SHRUBS DURING A DROUGHT.

I HAVE NOT READ THE PAST TWO WEEKS POSTINGS. TRYING TO KEEP UP THIS WEEK.

PRAYERS FOR ELMER.

THIKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

11/20/2023 8:12 pm  #25

I went to Chilis today with Gary. Hannah dropped him off at my house & I drove. We ran into her & the kids at Old Navy & we brought the kids home with us. She picked Gary & the kids up at 5:30. This is the longest Gary has stayed at my house since I moved here. Hannah hasn't been to my house since last Christmas, but 2 times in the past week. Maybe I need the kids here more often, lol? 

Diana, prayers for Elmer. Hope he is going to be ok. 

Linda, that sounds delicious! I have to be careful during the holidays. I've gained too much weight since I got back from the cruise in April and went off intermittent fasting. 

Trish, I was replying to your post about Tammy, but a little voice in my ear said "let it go," so that's what I'm going to do, lol! 

Judy, Greg bought a refurnished Apple laptop at the Apple store. It's bigger than the one he currently has and he's really happy with it. The gifts you bought for ML were really good ones. I wish we would exchange names, but no one has ever wanted to do that. Gary said "here's something you can get Darby"  (Logan's GF). I wasn't going to get her anything. She hadn't even crossed my mind, lol. 

Sandra, I'm glad you like your cast iron griddle. I may get one myself. Did you get a square one or round? That's really nice you are sharing with Tom. You are a great neighbor!

Today I am thankful for....
1. Spending the day with Gary.
2. My embroidery machine is still working (knock on wood!)
3. Molly and Gracie to keep me company. 

D e v o n n e

11/21/2023 12:41 am  #26

Oh no SAN I will keep you all in my prayers, hope he is OK ((((hugs))))

SANDRA not long till turkey day LOL I bet you can already taste it in anticipation. I just saw a few recipes for turkey and sides, they made me hungry. Make sure you get plenty of rest this week, it's going to be busy for you cooking.

BJ I'm sure you will have the family around you, hope your cold doesn't get any worse (((hugs)))

INDY I do like ML's plans for her birthday and Christmas, she is just like me, the rules only apply for others, I got away with "Santa" gifts till they all made me promise not to. So we now make it all about the food.

CHERYL those are fantastic, and I'm sure will be well loved, such a lot of work, and I agree with Amelia, the crumb ones are my favourite too. You have done a wonderful lot of gifts for others (((hugs)))

DEVONNE YES!!! I agree, let it go LOL I am just going to forget it. I love that you have spent time with Gary, those days are special, and he would have loved it too!

STRINGS I am so glad you are feeling better, That is a great idea, I don't do cakes usually, but I do make my pudding/ cake this year I have to make 4, so that is 4 days of cooking them, because it takes most of the day to do one. 

I have been to training today, and survived it, then straight to the hairdresser, (which was scary, because the next time I see her it will be almost Christmas, and I haven't done ANYTHING

Scratch that, I did make 7 little baskets (6 today,) for my sewing group, I'll fill them with chocolates, tea and coffee bags, they can use them for scrap bags at the machine. I have another stack cut out, but need more batting stuff. 

I totally wrecked one, it will have to be tossed, it's REALLY important to follow the layout on these things, it goes badly if you don't LOL

I decided to make spaghetti sauce tomorrow, I have pasta and garlic bread to go with it. Megan insists on getting cake.
We have had more drama with their sis ( she hit someone on the back of their hand with a spoon) we know she feels empower when she clears the tables on the dining room, and I suspect that the lady said she wasn't ready yet, so --- Tricia has no ability to rationalise and verbalise, she has snapped and whacked. It's under investigation. Megan has as her job training in disabilities, she THINKS that Tricia has autism as well as her other disabilities, and that is the exact reaction she would get from her students in a similar situation. She will liase with the hostel if needed, however we hope they will not allow her to clear tables, she does like to do it, and thinks she is helping, but if it causes problems its not a good idea. There are many people who can't handle someone with obvious disabilities, and that is understandable as well. 
It's always something, at least the boys have been able to talk with each other about it all, bearing in mind they hadn't spoken for a few years up till last year.

I am grateful for the beautiful days we have had, 
and that my A/C is fixed, and I can cool off without flooding LOL
And very grateful for good health, and good friends and the ability to sew some gifts. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/21/2023 9:40 am  #27

HOORAY, TRISH, YOUR A/C IS FIXED AND YOU CAN GET COOL WHEN NEEDED.  WHICH IS PROBABLY ALL THE TIME NOW. 
SORRY FOR THE FAMILY ISSUES.

SAN......PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR ELMER.  I HOPE YOU GET SOME GOOD NEWS TODAY.

DEVONNE......I GOT THE ROUND GRIDDLE THAT FITS NICELY ON MY LARGER BURNER.  I DON'T NEED ANYTHING LARGER FOR ONLY 2 TOAST.

LINDA.......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU TWO.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE DAY AND EVEN GET OUT TO EAT A GOOD DINNER.    

THIS MORNING I PLAYED WITH MY NEW DVD PLAYER.  WITH MY LACK OF TECHY BRAIN IT TOOK SOME DOING, BUT I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO TRY A COUPLE OF DVDS AND THEY WORKED FINE.  I EVEN FOUND HOW TO WORK THE SUBTITLES FACTION.  I WAS DOODLING ON THAT THING OVER AN HOUR.  TELLS YOU HOW LACKING I AM IN BRAINPOWER FOR TECHY STUFF.  I CAN'T FIGURE OUT YET HOW TO PLAY CD'S IF ITS CAPABLE.  NOT A BIG THING FOR ME ANYWAY.  
I MADE PIZZA LAST NITE AND SHARED WITH THE GUY NEXT DOOR.  I KNOW HOW MUCH HE LIKES SAUCY GROUND BEEF AND PEPPERONI PIZZA.  TODAY I WILL MAKE THE PORK CHOP AND TATER CASSEROLE I WANT TO TRY.  I JUST DID NOT HAVE THE ENERGY TO COOK MORE LAST NITE.

NICE COLD DAY AND SUNNY TODAY.  A DAY FOR THIS GAL TO STAY INDOORS.  NO TAKING OUT TRASH TODAY.  MAYBE TOMORROW.\
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/21/2023 9:53 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/21/2023 10:36 am  #28

[size=125]Trish, so glad your a/c is fixed. Can Warwick do the painting that needs done? It certainly sounds like she doesn't need to be clearing off tables. 

It's cloudy, overcast and a rainy day here. Good day to work on some more embroidery designs. I'm doing some that are just wording. I'll post a picture below. This is for Carter's quilt because I know he loves hot cocoa. Last night I cut out 14 more white fabric pieces and cut out stabilizer to be ready today. I cut the fabric at 14" so it will fit good in the hoop, but the finished size is 12.5.

Our HOA is voting on new members. If the positions aren't filled, the president said she would be forced to hire an outside property management company. That's exactly what we need, but I think people will volunteer so we don't have to pay double or triple HOA fees.

Happy anniversary, Linda and Darrell!

Sandra, thanks for keeping us informed on the birthdays and anniversaries. You always make me crave pizza and I seldom fix it!
[/size]

Last edited by DownSouth (11/21/2023 10:44 am)

D e v o n n e

11/21/2023 10:57 am  #29

Good Morning to all.  I've read all the posts, but sorry I can't reply to all of them, my brain just doesn't work that well, unfortunately!  Tracy and her gang are coming soon for Thanksgiving, so happy to see them all.

It is a beautiful day, only 8:55 am., but bright and lovely.  Not a leaf is stirring.  Well, unfortunately, I don't have anything to say this morning, but will wish you all very well.  Hope you have a lovely day, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

11/21/2023 3:37 pm  #30

Trish, I call them bonus gifts, and they can be given to anyone at anytime at my whim. 

Manda, Ben and the kids got here last night at 7:30, and just left to go to Heather’s. They’ll come back here Thursday night. It’s a crappy day, chilly and drizzley. 

Devonne, we don’t have HOA’s in my area. I’ve heard so many horror stories about them! 

Tomorrow I’m going to do the turkey breast in the crockpot, roast the sweet potatoes, and make cranberry sauce. 

11/22/2023 10:02 am  #31

Cleaning lady Lisa was already here! Turkey breast is in the crockpot, yams in the oven, cranberries defrosting. 

It’s overcast but 55 out. 

11/22/2023 10:05 am  #32

I am behind on the news. I just heard last night Rosalynn Carter died Sunday. They were married 77 years. What a love story!

Randy Travis also passed away. He was in a horrible car accident years ago and couldn't speak nor walk. He had some well known country songs such as I Told You So, Forever and Ever, Amen and Three Wooden Crosses. That last song sends chills up my spine when I hear it.

I'll post pictures later. I need to get them uploaded.

Holly, the HOA is really a good thing. It's not enforced in my neighborhood like it should be. I wish we would go to a property mgmt company. There are fences that need to be stained, Christmas lights hanging down from someone's gutters that have been up all year, bushes that need trimming and cars parked in yards. None of this should be allowed.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/22/2023 10:18 am)

D e v o n n e

11/22/2023 10:33 am  #33

DEVONNE......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSSES.  I REMEMBER RANDY TRAVIS AND SOME OF HIS HIT SONGS AS WELL AS HIM CO-STARRING WITH PATRICK SWAYZE IN THE MOVIE BLACK DOG.  HE WAS GOOD AS AN ACTOR AS WELL.  LOVE THE MOVIE.  ITS ABOUT ILLEGAL G..UN RUNNING AND SEMI-TRACTOR DRIVING.  LOTS OF ACTION AND MY FAVORITE PATRICK IS GREAT IN IT. THE BLACK DOG IS THE FIGURE LONG-HAUL DRIVERS SEE WHEN THEY ARE OVER-TIRED ON THE ROAD AND THEY LOSE CONTROL OF THEIR TRUCKS.  

ITS RAINING CATS AND DOGS HERE, AS THE SAYING GOES.  OUR COASTAL WEATHER IS MAKING PLANE TRAVEL DIFFICULT AROUND THE COUNTRY, STRANDING PLANES AT THEIR AIRPORTS.  I AM HAPPY TO SAY I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

I MADE THE PORK CHOP AND POTATO CASSEROLE YESTERDAY AND IT CAME OUT WELL.  I WILL POST IT ON MY BLOG LATER WITH A FEW PICTURES.  EASY.   WITH A SALAD IT MAKES A COMPLETE DINNER.  I THINK THE LEFTOVER POTATOES WILL GO GOOD WITH SOME POACHED EGGS BEFORE I'M DONE WITH THEM.
I ALSO HAD SOME WHITE TOAST THIS MORNING ON THE GRIDDLE.  LOVED IT.  I AM HAPPY I BOUGHT THE THING.  

OUR LINDA IS HAVING SOME TROUBLE AGAIN WITH HER MEDS.  SHE IS WAITING ON ANOTHER SCRIPT REFILL LATER TODAY.  IT WORKS FOR AWHILE AND THEN NOT.  SHE IS BUSY DOING A FEW THINGS FOR T-DAY AND DOING QUITE WELL CONSIDERING BEING HAMSTRUNG WITH ISSUES.  SHE IS SO LUCKY TO HAVE A SON THAT DOES SO MUCH FOR THEM BOTH.  AND HER SISTER.  FAMILY IS A GOOD THING.

THAT'S IT FOLKS.  I HAVE BINGO TONITE BUT TO BE HONEST I REALLY DO NOT FEEL LIKE GOING.  MAYBE I WILL, MAYBE NOT.  I'LL SEE HOW I FEEL LATER.  MAYBE ITS THE DREARY DAY AND THE RAIN AFFECTING ME.
HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SPECIAL DAY COMING UP.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

TOAST FROM THE GRIDDLE.  MMMM GOOD.

Last edited by quiltbea (11/22/2023 10:49 am)

11/22/2023 10:58 am  #34

Good Morning to everyone.  Hope you have great plans for the next few days.  Tracy and her family will be here later (not sure when).  It rained overnight, but is dry this morning, well except for the drops hanging off the trees.  Tracy trimmed all the trees when she was here last.  It looks so nice.  She's a blessing, for sure.  Don't know what we'd do without her.

Well, I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

11/22/2023 11:23 am  #35

I POSTED THE PORK CHOP AND POTATO CASSEROLE ON MY QUILTCRAFTER BLOG.
ENJOY.
QB S

11/22/2023 12:51 pm  #36

Good day all.  Busy day here today.

I made my pumpkin and chocolate cream pies and cheesecake bars.  Made cranberry-orange sauce.  I usually buy it from the grocery store but decided to make it this year.  Oh boy, it is yummy.  So glad I tried it.  I just love it with my turkey.  I made dinner rolls using my bread machine.  It makes bread making so easy.  Just add the ingredients and then wait for it to be done to make into rolls and then bake.  The house smells wonderful already.  Dean did all the cutting of the vegetables for the vegie/dip platter.  The kids are welcome to eat off it until the dinner is ready.  He also washed all the dishes.  I know, I am so very lucky.  He doe not cook but he is one fantastic cleaner.  He also peeled and cut the yams for tomorrow.  I just pre cooked them so I won't have to use my stove burners tomorrow, just heat in the oven.

Devonne, I am with Holly on the issue of HOA's.  Don't want one and don't like somebody telling me what to do with my own house.

I did not hear about the death of Randy Travis.  He was one of my favorite singers.   His deep voice was beautiful.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody.

PS: thanks for the comments on the little quilts.  I do enjoy making that size.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/22/2023 6:55 pm)

11/22/2023 1:16 pm  #37

Home today--having a quiet day.  Yesterday, I got my driver's license renewed and we shopped at Walmart--RXes and groceries, only a few mainly for tomorrow's dinner.  Danny and Emmy are coming, too.  He called ML for her birthday and asked if they could come.  Pam will be working.  Cracker Barrel.  (Good tips on Thsgvg)  

Devonne,  seems like you've been seeing Gary more often, lately.  As  you said, probably due to the kids...
It's nice to have a son to yourself.  Doesn't happen much after they marry.  Do the kids leave your little dogs alone?  Sometimes the little dogs are touchy.  I didn't know about Randy Travis.  He was singing on our car radio yesterday...

QB, I checked out your pork chop/potato casserole.  Looks like something easy that we would like.  Hope you perked up and got to go to bingo.  Maybe always having the task of doing the calling might  discourage you if you're not quite up to par????

Holly,  maybe back to back visits by your girls is nice once in a while.  Stretches out the good times longer and you can have some  quality time with each.   

I'm going to make this post short and sweet.  Have a table full of china/dishes that need to be put back in the bottom of my hutch.  I had to dig something out and the rest is still awaiting me.  I can put off those kind of tasks...

So, have a good day.  Later...
Indy 

ETA:  I just remembered, this is the 60th anniversary ofJFK's assassination.  November 22, 1963

Last edited by indyanny (11/22/2023 4:13 pm)

11/22/2023 7:17 pm  #38

I am so sorry I missed anniversary wishes.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Janet & Jerry, We beat you by a few months LOL 51 years is a long time, wishing you a happy year

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Linda & Darryl, wishing you both all the best!

DEVONNE I don't think that Randy Travis is dead, it hasn't updated on his info page on wikipedia, and they usually do that quickly.  I love your designs!

SANDRA The SAD is starting early for you, hope you get to enjoy Bingo, and you feel well enough. Sometimes though you just want to do nothing ((((hugs))))

HOLLY we are having rainy storms too, it came down hard when we were in the park, I was hoping for rain, we had a run across the park, then push ups, I got my wish, it was tiny mist, then it started LOL

INDY I always remember JFK on that day, it was yesterday for us, and back then it was my 15th birthday party day. It was around 6am a neighbour came in to tell us "Kennedy is dead" we knew a family called Kennedy then, so we first thought it was him. We went to Arlington and saw the graves, it was so sad.  I'll never forget that day.  

Forgot to say, I saw your pork chop recipe SANDRA, thank you!! 
We had a nice birthday dinner last night, I cooked a big lot of spaghetti sauce, it was doing well UNTILL the Mr turned off the power to the slow cooker, he thought he was turning off the toaster, he didn't look, I didn't notice till almost 4pm, so had to get out a big pot and sit and stir for a while to finish it. 
It's not my birthday yet - the kids are going away so we did it all early LOL 
The kids gave me some face cream and a big NutriBullet. They also had ice cream cake, a lemon cheesecake and a Beesting torte (it's a really light layered sponge cake with fresh cream and a honey syrup over the top, sounds sweet, but the only real sweet part is the honey, and there isn't a lot of it. So we had lots of food, and plenty of leftovers, I have cake and cheesecake in the fridge, may have some for a snack later, even though I shouldn't BUT birthday cake has no calories - right?? 

I finished the baskets, they are sitting on the table waiting for me to fill them, I'l have to buy things tomorrow, and also some cellophane to wrap them, I won't label them, they can all just take a pack! I might make a few more and give out to the kids at group training, I have lots of fabric, only need to stiffening. I do like making little things to give out.

I actually gave away a pancake maker and a small waffle maker, they have been sitting in the cupboard, and I am about to take a few pics of my Tefal Cook4me and Ninja blender, they need to go too. I'll put them on our fitness group  Facebook page. It's nice to clear some shelf space in the kitchen

Looks like it's going to start raining again. We got our power bill today, it's only 1/2 what the last time period was, the solar has made a difference, it will take years to make a profit, but less is better LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/22/2023 8:04 pm  #39

Devonne, my town has ordinances, and a guy who drives around checking for anything egregious. As for different colored houses next to each other, who cares? My grandmother had a pink house, it looked beachy. My house has light yellow siding, my neighbor’s house is blue. 

I got the sweet potatoes all roasted, tomorrow I’ll candy half of them, and leave the other half in their skins and we’ll warm them up at Heather’s. I made a new cranberry sauce recipe, it has blueberries and raspberries in it. The turkey is all cooked and sliced, just needs to be warmed up. Heather and Amry baked cookies, and they were making pie. I had got carrot cake at the Amish Market, it’s in Heather’s freezer. The vegans have some kind of tofu turkey thing. 

Happy Turkey Day to all who celebrate!

11/23/2023 6:19 am  #40

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

Board footera