OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/29/2023 12:06 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY 19 NOV ~ SAT 25 NOV

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/19/2023 12:14 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY 19 NOV ~ SAT 25 NOV

Bumping this up and wishing you all a wonderful week! ❤️🤗

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

11/19/2023 12:15 am  #3

Oh NO BJ I do hope FRANK is fling better, this thing can last for a long tome, poor guy, it's exhausting coughing!

SANDRA your goodies will be well appreciated by your family, I know Mat is doing a great job shopping for you, he's a great son! Your friend will enjoy your turkey dinner, will you be making some walnut chops this year? 

DEVONNE I know it's not private, but anyone stumbling on us doesn't know us, and would be bored sticking around too long, it's different the she left. Nothing we can do about it though, I hope she finds happiness and is content with her choices.

HOLLY sounds like a great time being had by all, I am expecting some pumpkin pie soon, maybe they forgot, Megan got it at Costco, they have a membership. I'm pretty sure she got me the big Ninja blender. I have a small one, and she told me about this one, seems like it's better for me, my smoothie is too big for mine, I have to do it in the blender, and it's a pain to pull apart and wash. 

We did go shopping this morning, I got some eye cream, I had a sample from L'Occitane, and liked it, so he's giving me that, we also got some liquid soap and dispenser, probably more suitable for one of the boys, and I did some online shopping with our telco (they have points) and I got a Philips shaver and some Apple ear buds for having an account with them. The shaver might go to John, both boys have a little stubble now, I'll check that I'm not stepping on Gary's turf by buying John one, maybe they want to give him his first shaver.

Nothing else happening, I bought some thick bag "batting" to make some small baskets, it was too thick, so got some thinner today, the baskets are cute, not sure if I will continue, I will make another one tomorrow, think I messed up the instructions, it was on Fat Quarter Shop and Quilters Digest. They are only small, thought I might fill them with something for Christmas, and the girls could use them as scrap baskets at their machines.
I do have these crazy ideas then run out of time to do it LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/19/2023 12:16 am  #4

Hi DIANE, you beat me to it!! Hope things are well with you, and hubby is doing well now (((hugs)))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/19/2023 9:47 am  #5

ANOTHER DELIGHTFUL DAY HERE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.  LOVE THE SUNSHINE AFTER A DAY OF RAIN.  WE CAN ALWAYS USE RAIN NOW AND THEN TO KEEP OUR FORESTS SAFE AND GREEN.  MY SON GOT MY SHOPPING DONE BETWEEN RAIN SHOWERS.  I AM FIXED FOR LOTS OF FOOD.  HE GOT FIXED WITH FOOD, TOO.  
HE BOUGHT ME A PHONE PROTECTOR BUT LO AND BEHOLD, HE GOT THE SIZE FOR MY OLD PHONE.  HE WILL RETURN IT AND GET ONE FOR MY NEW PHONE HENCE FORTH.  THIS TIME I WROTE DOWN THE PHONE TYPE I HAVE NOW.

BUSY DAY HERE TODAY.  I REC'D MY DVD PLAYER.  THE INSTRUCTIONS BOOKLET HAD SUCH SMALL PRINT IT COULD NOT BE READ BY THE HUMAN EYE.  I HAD TO GET OUT MY SEWING MAGNIFIER (AROUND MY HEAD) AND A HAND MAGNIFIER AND A FLASHLIGHT TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.  I WROTE THEM DOWN ON A NOTEPAD MUCH LARGER AND DREW THE DIALS AS SITUATED ON THE MACHINE.  WOW, MUCH BETTER.  I KNOW THEY WANT TO SAVE MONEY ON PAPER BUT PEOPLE, WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO READ HOW TO RUN A NEW THING. ITS PLUGGED IN SO IT CAN CHARGE THE BATTERY.  IT ALSO HAS A REMOTE AND CAN BE HOOKED UP TO MY TV BUT I PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT THAT STEP IN A DOZEN YEARS SO I AM GOOD WITH WATCHING ON THE PLAYER ITSELF.  ITS A BIT LARGER THAN MY COMPUTER SCREEN SO A GOOD SIZE.
MY LAUNDRY IS GOING SO THAT'S GETTING DONE.  I ALSO WILL MAKE SOME PIZZA TONITE.  I HAVE AN OPEN BOTTLE OF PIZZA SAUCE FROM MY SOUP SO I WILL USE THAT TOPPING AS USUAL.  THAT WITH PEPPERONI AND SAUCY GROUND BEEF.  MMM GOOD TO ME ANYWAY.
I DELIVERED SOME DEVIL DOGS TO SOME OF MY NEIGHBORS THIS MORNING.  MY SON BUYS ME A BOX OF 8 AND ITS TOO MANY FOR ME SO I SHARE.  I PUT THEM IN A SANDWICH BAGGY AND HANG THEM ON THEIR DOOR HANDLES FOR A SURPRISE TREAT.
I ALSO MADE A HOT HANDLE FOR MY NEW CAST IRON GRIDDLE.  I JUST SEWED UP A POT HOLDER ALONG THE SIDES AND SLIPPED IT ON.  IT WILL WORK FOR ME.  I HAVE AN ELECTRIC STOVE SO NO FLAMES CAN LICK AT IT.  ITS A QUICK FIX.  SOMEDAY I MAY BUY A SILICON HANDLE FOR IT.
THAT'S IT FROM MY CORNER OF THE WORLD.  WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.

JANET AND JERRY......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO.  ENJOY YOUR DAY. 
HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/19/2023 10:37 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/19/2023 10:38 am  #6

Good Morning to everyone.  It is sort of cloudy outside this morning, but very still.  It is 48*. Well, no that I wrote it is very still, a breeze blowed in and it is a little breezy!!  I am feeling very lazy this morning, guess that is what 83 will do for you!!  Tracy is still sleeping, not sure what Frank is doing, not going down there for now, don't want to disturb Tracy.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, and hope I do, too.  Sending love and best wishes, BJ.

11/19/2023 12:29 pm  #7

Happy Sunday, friends!
I have 10 little quilts ready for Project Linus.  I will post a few pictures if I figure it out again. 

It is a cool but pretty day today, so Dean and I will get out and walk for a while.  It rained quite a bit Friday and yesterday.  

Got all of the shopping done for Thanksgiving Day except for the fresh veggies for the dip.  I  will get them Tuesday.  I will make a pumpkin pie for Dean, chocolate pie for my son,  but bought a frozen Marie Calender (sp?) Key Lime Pie.  I go easy these days.   Aaron loves Key Lime but I don't make it.  Kelli always made it for her family and I think of her when I see it.

The horrific bus accident with the Tuskey Valley band is still so much in the news here since it is so close.  Now I found out that one of the parent chaperones who was killed was a friend of my son, Aaron.  Her 14 year old daughter was on the bus but thankfully was unhurt.  Her mom was riding in the car behind the bus and all three adults died.  Many business are holding special food truck days or donating money to the victims.     Texas Roadhouse will donate 100% of all sales in the Ohio stores on November 20 to them.  So very generous.

I bought a turkey bone-in breast and now Amelia wants a turkey leg!  Too funny.  Last year I put the dark meat into a soup.  Maybe I will look for a turkey leg at the local butcher shop.  He has great meat.

Sending well wishes to you all.

11/19/2023 12:31 pm  #8

ABC quilt.  I did 3 of them.

[img]test keyboard[/img]

11/19/2023 12:32 pm  #9

Applique (Fat Cat Pattern)

[img][/img]

11/19/2023 12:33 pm  #10

Rainbow crumb quilt

[img][/img]

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (11/19/2023 12:40 pm)

11/19/2023 12:34 pm  #11

Scrap coin quilt  (I did two)

[img]mouse tap test[/img]

11/19/2023 12:36 pm  #12

Blue and yellow Minions scrap quilt
[img][/img]

11/19/2023 12:37 pm  #13

Did 2 scrap string quilts.  
[img][/img]

11/19/2023 12:46 pm  #14

All of the quilts were made with scraps or fat quarters.  The only yardage I used was flannel for the backing on most of them.  Amelia has a rainbow crumb quilt and loves it so I think I will make more of them.  It is easy to make the blocks and save them until needed.

The ABC quilts were done with squares from swaps years ago.  I still have two sets left.

I don't know how to post more than one pic in a post, so sorry for so many posts.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (11/19/2023 12:47 pm)

11/19/2023 2:02 pm  #15

Very cold here today, but not windy. 
Took the turkey breast out of the freezer and put it in the fridge.  Our menu is basically the same all the time….except one year I decided to make Cornish hens…each person got their own whole stuffed hen. Well my daughter (about 6-7 years old) came to the table and shrieked “ you killed baby turkeys?”….it was quite a scene….  I often made Thanksgiving dinner for 12-20.  Usually lasagna or baked ziti  along with the turkey dinner. At least 2 pies, chocolate cake, and cookies.

11/19/2023 4:23 pm  #16

Happy anniversary, Janet and Jerry! 

Cheryl, those quilts are really nice! The Marie Callender pies are delicious. I esp. love the Coconut Cream one. I couldn't make one that tasted that good, lol! 

I have had a lazy 4 days. I've "kinda" lost my mojo, I think it's because I've been embroidering too much. I finished two yesterday, but they were smaller ones & I left the room while they stitched out.

Linda, hope you are feeling better.

I bought some Great Value Caramel coffee. It's really strong, but very good. I had to add more water to it....the Keurig cups.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/19/2023 4:35 pm)

D e v o n n e

11/19/2023 10:25 pm  #17

Hi!
FINALLY BETTER. ADDITIONAL ALLERGY TX AND NASAL SPRAY MAKING A DIFFERENCE.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JANET AND JERRY.

MORE THAN LIKELY. MISSED SOME BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES. BELATED WISHES!.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS..............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

11/20/2023 10:01 am  #18

LINDA......ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN.  I AM GLAD THE NEW MEDS ARE WORKING FOR YOU.  IT MUST BE SUCH A RELIEF TO FEEL BETTER.

CHERYL......WOW, WHAT A BONANZA FOR THE LINUS PROJECT.  LOVE YOUR QUILTS.  YOU ARE SO GENEROUS AND GOOD.  I AM SURE THEY WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED WHOEVER GETS ONE.  KIDS ARE SO WORTH IT.

DEVONNE......YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING DOUBLE TIME LATELY ITS NO WONDER YOU SEEM TO HAVE LOST YOUR MOJO.  DON'T WORRY.  IT WILL COME BACK.  YOU JUST NEED TO REST A FEW DAYS AND DO OTHER THINGS.

I HAD MY FIRST BREAKFAST USING MY GRIDDLE.  I TOASTED SOME PUMPERNICKEL BREAD THIS MORNING.  LOVE THE TASTE OF BREAD ON A GRIDDLE AND THE SOFTNESS.  NOTHING LIKE A TOASTER WHICH MAKES THEM COOK TOO FIRM FOR ME.  I EVEN LIKE MY COOKIES SOFT WHEN I BAKE THEM.  SO IT WAS A GOOD FIND FOR ME.  ONE OF MY XMAS GIFTS TO MYSELF.  THE OTHER IS THE DVD PLAYER.  IT ARRIVED YESTERDAY AND I WROTE DOWN THE INSTRUCTIONS AND DREW A PHOTO LARGER SO I COULD READ THEM.  I  TURNED IT ON AND IT WORKS.  TODAY I WILL BE TRYING IT WITH A DVD.
I ALSO PLAN TO MAKE SOME PIZZA AND ALSO A CASSEROLE WITH A COUPLE OF PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES.  ITS A NEW RECIPE I WILL BE TRYING.  I HOPE ITS GOOD.  AS YOU CAN SEE, I DO NOT STARVE HERE.  I FEED MYSELF VERY WELL.  I DON'T HAVE TO DO TOO MUCH TODAY.  I EVEN MANAGED TO VACUUM YESTERDAY.

FOUND THE SOLITAIRE GAME ON MY PHONE.  LOVE IT.  SO EASY AND FAST.  ITS QUICKER THAN ON MY COMPUTER.  THERE ARE OTHER GAMES BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL TRY MANY.  LIFE SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED OUT ON OUR PHONES ALL THE TIME.
ITS VERY COLD HERE THIS MORNING BUT SUNNY.  I SAW THE TEMPS AT 18F WHEN NATURE CALLED THIS MORNING AND JUST WENT BACK TO BED.  I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY HEAT ON YET.  AND RIGHT NOW, MY LIVING ROOM WINDOW IS OPEN A BIT.  ITS 38F RIGHT NOW.
I AM THANKFUL FOR GOOD FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FEELING PRETTY GOOD TODAY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR THE GOOD DAYS BETWEEN THE NOT SO GOOD ONES.
HUGS FOR YOU ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/20/2023 10:11 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/20/2023 10:40 am  #19

Good Morning, I love to read the board, everyone has so much going on, and doing so many interesting things. Love It!!  Well, I just took Frank his coffee so that's done.  I don't have much to say this morning, I'm just feeling like a bum, can't seem to do much.  I'm dressed and made up so I can just be a bum the rest of the day.  Larissa and her boyfriend and Kendra spent the night.  Larissa is in visiting with Frank, and Kendra is still sleeping.  Larissa's boyfriend is awake.  Not much going on this morning.  

It is 40* and very still outside this morning.  Not a leaf is stirring!  Most of the leaves are gone from the trees so I can see the road.  Lots of leaves have fallen on the ground, think Jamie is coming this next weekend to mow the lawn so that will be nice and likely the last time this season.  The sky is mostly filled with white fluffy clouds but there's a bit of blue showing though, so pretty!!

Well, I'm going to sign off as I have nothing to say.  Am wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

11/20/2023 11:11 am  #20

Good to see you Linda! And thank you.

Board footera