OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/01/2023 11:23 pm  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY 26 NOV ~ SAT 2 DECEMBER

CHERYL I am so sorry, I didn't wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a lovely dinner, that's all I want for my birthday these days. This house needs a deep clean too, it's gotten really, really messy. I will start next week, one room a day!

HOLLY I really didn't enjoy going to the dance recitals, my nieces were all in them, and we had to watch it taped on christmas day for 3 hours every year, all the numbers seemed the same after a while, but we had to "enjoy" it all, my dad din't enjoy it at all, if he could have seen one number each for his grand daughters he would have been happy, but hours later he was bored to death. I don't blame you not driving in the rain, dark, cold!

SANDRA I hope your light headedness fades, could you  be dehydrated? If it keeps up better make a Drs appointment, might be BP playing up a little ((((hugs)))) I love your day, I remember you made quite a few pretty ones some time back, they were all gorgeous! Any special plans apart form cooking some of Mat's favourites? 

BJ love to you and your too, I hope you feel better later, thi8s getting older sure is the pits sometimes, but we keep going best as we can ((((hugs))))

DEVONNE  Sounds like my peak sometimes, I had Megan in one room and Pete in another on Zoom meetings. Internet is a wonderful thing when it lets them work/meet long distance.
Hope you find your design. I FINALLY found my box of clips, not till after I did all the baskets though! I thought I had puled every bag out and searched, but I hadn't, and there they were. 

JANET that is a bit of a pain to have to travel so far, we usually go somewhere close to where or classes are, one year we went further out, but it was noisy and too crowded so we went back to 'our' place. 

I am sitting here after putting in my grocery order, I had a 'late for me' night last night, got home at 11pm, and my feet were so, so sore, I was on them all night, 1/2 of it in small heels, I'm too old for that now LOL
We had a nice night, they all had lots of fun with karaoke and games, and I had fun watching them, I did join a few games and some dancing. Our food was lovely, my christmas cake/pudding was eaten and enjoyed, and we got everything cleaned up and packed away pretty quickly, i did most of the washing up of glasses, and left the sweep/mop of the floors to the younger ones.

Our workout this morning was Hangover cure, each exercise was a letter in Hangover, it was fun, and we laughed a lot in it. 
Looks like it might storm again, we have had storms every day so far, I have to go to Apple, but will leave it till Monday, Megan said John would like AirPods Pro for his 18th, she thinks for Christmas as well, but we'll give with Pete and get them for him, I remember when we gave him his original AirPods, he was so excited, I think he was 15 or so. So I'll do the same and wrap them inside underwear so he thinks he missed out!

I am going to order something for dinner, I am too tired to cook and I will need to pick up groceries between 6 and 7 anyway. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

12/02/2023 6:02 am  #62

A quick run through here. I'm off to the gym for sunrise cardio punch. I went last week but they didn’t have the class…no instructor.
Back later.
Cheryl- belated happy birthday 🎁

Last edited by Missmommy (12/02/2023 12:52 pm)

12/02/2023 9:00 am  #63

Trish, we’ve been to every recital and show since she was 5, now she’s 16. The early ones were boring, we really only wanted to see her. The ones now that she’s in high school are much more interesting, a huge level of talent, and she’s in so many dances. This one was under 2 hours, with an intermission, and since we were home I crocheted during the dances she was not in. 

Dreary day here, overcast and damp. Dinner will be a ham slice, sweet potatoes, and something green. 

I’m reading Resurrection Walk, the new Michael Connelly. It has both Harry Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer in it, and is really good. My goal today is to finish it. 

12/02/2023 10:26 am  #64

GOSH, I REMEMBER THOSE RECITALS WITH GRANDKIDS.  THEY ARE FUN BUT TO TAKE UP YOUR WHOLE XMAS DAY WITH VIDEOS OF THE THINGS IS NOT MY CUP OF TEA.  

WE HAVEN'T REC'D OUR RAIN YET BUT ITS COMING.  ITS JUST GRAY AND DREARY OUT AGAIN TODAY,  NOW THEY SAY ON SUNDAY THE RAIN WILL FALL.  

I GOT ALL MY CDs OUT AND SORTED AND READY TO PLAY WHEN I WANT THEM.  ITS NICE TO HAVE XMAS MUSIC AGAIN, THE ONES I REALLY LIKE BEST.  
I MADE THE TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE LAST NITE AND SHARED.  I HAVE SAVED SOME FOR MY SON AND DIL.  AND ME, OF COURSE.  TODAY IT WILL BE CHICKEN RICE SOUP.  I WILL MAKE PLENTY SINCE ITS A DREARY DAY AND A SOUP DAY FOR THOSE HERE WHO ENJOY MY COOKING. 
I SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK AND LAID OUT THE INGREDIENTS FOR SOUP ON MY COUNTER.  THESE DAYS I DO THINGS IN PHASES.  WITH EVERYTHING OUT ITS EASIER TO COOK.  I DON'T HAVE TO STAND AROUND TOO LONG AT A TIME.
I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE TO REPORT.  I MAY OR MAY NOT SEW TODAY.  I HAVE TIME.  I WANT TO GET BOTH THE ARTIST AND THE COLD GOLDFISH DONE THIS COMING WEEK SOMETIME.

TRISH.....THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME AND MY BALANCE ISSUE BUT IT IS SOMETHING I HAVE LIVED WITH FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND CAN COPE.  THE DOCS HAVE NOTHING TO HELP.  THERE ARE GOOD DAYS AND NOT SO GOOD DAYS.  I DO MORE ON THE GOOD DAYS AND REALLY ENJOY THEM.  I FIND THAT WHEN I CAN GET INTO THE SHOWER ITS A GOOD DAY.  OTHER DAYS ITS A BIRDBATH.  I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WHEN I HAVE THAT SHOWER.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS COPING AND DOING BETTER TODAY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS.  I HAVE CARDS TO MAKE OUT THIS WEEKEND AND A GRANDDAUGHTER WITH A BIRTHDAY ON THE 14TH.  I ALWAYS GIVE HER BOTH BIRTHDAY ON HER SPECIAL DAY AND XMAS GIFTS AT XMAS AND HAVE HER WHOLE LIFE.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/02/2023 10:35 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/02/2023 10:49 am  #65

Well, I wrote a really nice post and somehow lost it.  So I will tell you I am fine.  Tracy will be over later, which will be nice.  We may get out for a drive, not sure!!

Can't even remember what I wrote before, but I'm out of steam , so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, love, BJ.

12/02/2023 1:18 pm  #66

Cheryl, before I forget (again), happy, happy birthday!

I have had Elmer on my mind this morning. I hope Diana will check in and give us an update.

It has been raining here and it's a dreary day. I got my flannel fabric yesterday from Joanns and I love it. It's called Super Snuggle flannel....very soft. The kids will enjoy it better!

I fixed eggplant pizza for lunch...left off the pepperoni this time. I bake the eggplant at 375 for 15 minutes. I added a thin slice of onion to each one. After the eggplant and onion were done, I added spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese. Turn Broil on Hi for a few minutes. It has Italian seasoning on the top. Yummy good!

I will be adding embroidery pictures later. 

Last edited by DownSouth (12/02/2023 1:19 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/02/2023 1:56 pm  #67

Just checking on quickly before we head to Mom's.   I hope you are all happy, well and thriving!🙏🏻

We've had beautiful sunshine, heavy rain, wind, and even some snow this week!  😀

For those I've missed...Happy birthday! Happy anniversary!

I'll be back tonight to bump threads.  Ill see if i beat Trish to it!  😉🙃

PS - Devonne, that looks yummy! 😋

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

12/02/2023 7:11 pm  #68

Thanks, Diane. I did spray them on both sides with avocado spray.

Back to add some embroidery pictures. Some of these were in the post I deleted by mistake, lol. 

I was wondering how to post so many blocks, but it worked out just great! I changed the image to the 340 size.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/02/2023 8:20 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/02/2023 8:10 pm  #69

I wanted to post all these tonight so I wouldn't clog up Sunday's posts, lol! This is the fabric for the backing.

and one more! I wanted to make this one bigger so you could see how pretty the designs are on the ornaments. 

Last edited by DownSouth (12/02/2023 8:16 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/02/2023 10:16 pm  #70

DEVONNE they are all so beautiful. That fabric is gorgeous too, haven’t seen anything like it here, great choice for Christmas. You can use up any of the threads with pics, we all love them 😄

SANDRA as we get older it gets harder, I have trouble getting up and down at training, and FORGET any jumping LOL, that is definitely not happening. But I try and I want to keep going as long as I can, I am working on balance as much as I can, and trying to walk tall, not sloouch! 
Enjoy all that food and sharing it 😄😄

INDY I hope you got to see Andrew,  my 2 have been texting me today. John sent me his staff discount card to us for 5% off groceries. Also 10% off at the sister store BigW kind of a Target store. Dean has been texting pics of food while they were out shopping. 

I have washing in the machine, just my training things and clothes from our party. 
I filled up my baskets, but have to get some more for them, plenty of chocolates/sweets in them but I want more coffee/tea bags.

HOLLY our videos were of the girls when they were under 10, it was hard to sit through, but we did it for my brother. I love him but he can be hard to know sometimes, he didn’t acknowledge my birthday, his wife did though. Just can’t figure him out at times. I just hope he’s happy. 

JANET how was the lunch? Are you still driving the new car? 
CHERYL did you have a nice dinner? We are having brisket on rolls with fresh coleslaw, can’t get easier than that 😄

I hope STRINGS is OK, and I miss CAROL, hope she can visit with us again some time.
And THERESA hope things are OK with your family, and your mum isn’t giving you too much grief (((hugs))))

I had to get on the computer, couldn't make this bigger !! 
DIANE maybe you will beat me to it today !! Race is on LOL

I won't be back till later, only 3.30pm here, so a bit early to lock yet!

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/02/2023 10:28 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera