OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/29/2023 12:05 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY 26 NOV ~ SAT 2 DECEMBER

My goodness Christmas is almost here

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/26/2023 12:04 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY 26 NOV ~ SAT 2 DECEMBER

Bumping up, the transfer is almost complete😄

just under 2 hours to go - whew! Hope the darn thing works after that, suspect I’ll have to set up the emails - again 😄

If I can get this going I'll start new threads for December otherwise will do it tomorrow 😄

Happy Sunday !

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/26/2023 12:06 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/26/2023 2:04 am  #3

I did it!!! All set up, a little stressed now, it took quite a while to sort out the mail LOL

Could someone please let me know if San's address is Aurora or Vancouver,  can't remember which is the current one, thank you. You can PM, or just use the first letter for safety, 

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/26/2023 2:23 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/26/2023 7:47 am  #4

Trish, congratulations on the new computer! 
It’s quite chilly here this morning! Ben and Manda, Heather and Jules are going to NYC via Trailways to see a Harry Potter play. So we’re hanging with the kids today. We’re taking them to the dollar store and letting them shop for Xmas for their parents later on.

Yikes, less than a month til Xmas! 

11/26/2023 10:27 am  #5

SO MANY OF YOU WERE SO BUSY AND EATING LOTS OF GOOD FOOD.  GOOD FOR YOU ALL.

MARYLOU........DRIVE SAVELY ON THE TRIP HOME.

TRISH......GREAT NEWS ON THE NEW COMPUTER.

I'M NOT SURE IF SAN'S LAST MOVE WAS LAST SEPT OR NOT.  I THOUGHT SHE MOVED AFTER THAT BACK TO THE OLD PLACE BUT WITH HER OWN ROOMS INSTEAD OF JUST A CORNER.  NOT CLEAR ON THAT PART.

MY DAY WILL BE QUIET ONCE AGAIN.  A NEIGHBOR BROUGHT ME SOME OF HER HOMEMADE BREAD STUFFING AND GREEN BEEN CASSEROLE LAST NITE AND I GAVE HER SOME MASHED POTATOES.  IT WAS A WAY TO CHANGE OUR LEFTOVERS MEAL A BIT.  I COOKED STEAK LAST NITE AND HAVE LEFTOVERS OF THAT FOR TODAY ALONG WITH MORE TURKEY BREAST.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO TAKE FROM THE FREEZER FOR TOMORROW. 
WITH LITTLE TO SAY OR DIFFERENT, I JUST WANT TO SEND YOU GOOD WISHES FOR SAFE TRAVEL IF TRAVELING AND EASY EATING IF HAVING LEFTOVERS.  ENJOY YOUR DAY.  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (11/26/2023 10:34 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/26/2023 10:51 am  #6

Good Morning, it is 30* this morning, very white everywhere!  Not a breath of air is moving.  Have no plans for the day, am very lazy, not a bit of energy!  Frank is coughing up a storm in the bedroom, not sure when he'll ever get over this mess.  Still coughing!!!

Coffee tastes good this morning, nice way to start the day!  I have no energy this morning.  Think I should sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

11/26/2023 11:05 am  #7

The gym was empty again today. Just me and a friend.🤷‍♀️. I like it that way. Maybe because it’s so cold today, or maybe they’re traveling or just at home enjoying their friends and family?
Cleaned bathrooms (2) and vacuumed all the area, scatter rugs and now I’m heading to my sewing room….
Wish I could say I’m getting a lot done up there, but it’s a good hide out….

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/26/2023 6:09 pm)

11/26/2023 11:36 am  #8

Janet, sometimes you just need some down time.

11/26/2023 1:27 pm  #9

We're home again, today, watching the snow gently falling.  The trees and grass are white with green peeking through in the protected areas.  It was a surprise to me, but Howard knew we're supposed to get up to 3 inches today.  
Andrew is heading back to Carmel about a 3 hour drive.  I want to call over there, but will wait for ML to call me.  Him leaving is always an emotional time for her so I'll give her some space.  I know that sounds silly--he's 25 yrs old.  Because of Bill's surgery, it's his job to haul the Christmas totes up from the basement and maybe help decorate before he leaves.  I wonder if he'll do any decorating in his apartment this year?

I lost track of San's moves, too, so can't be of any help.  Hope Elmer is recovering.  

Holly, will the girls and families be able to come back for Christmas?  Sounds like  you've all had a wonderful time.  

QB, that was a good idea--the exchanging of foods with your neighbor for some variety.  I should call Shena, next door and see if I can bum something off her!    That's what it would be as I have nothing to offer her...and of course, I'm kidding...

Think I will call her.  Tom told us they're going to be first-time grandparents but he couldn't remember when and what they are having.  Sounds like a man and if not most men, certainly like Tom.  But, he has other good qualities.  

Have a good afternoon and evening...
Indy
ETA:  got this out of order but am leaving it as is...Egads! 
Mary Lou, here I thought David lives in Memphis, but that's not Mississippi.  So I don't know where you're coming back from.  Perhaps you're home or nearly so by this time.

Trish, congrats (I guess?) on the new 'puter.  It's why I put Howard off for so long--the set up and all that goes with that.  This one is so much like my old, though, that I've had no trouble.  Of course, he did it all and keeps me viable, albeit, with many cracks and scoldings and looks.  That's just Howard...

I hope to start the Christmas decorating tomorrow after the Roomba does it's work.  I usually wait a bit, but  will follow the crowd this year.  

Last edited by indyanny (11/27/2023 2:59 pm)

11/26/2023 2:33 pm  #10

I’m home safely! Traffic was only a little heavier than usual for a Sunday.

Judy, David lives in Mississippi just south of Memphis, only about 3 miles south of the state line. We often say Memphis because people know where that is but few people have heard of Olive Branch MS.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/26/2023 6:09 pm)

11/26/2023 3:08 pm  #11

Marylou, glad you made it home. How many hrs driving is this?

I did a small embroidery design today, only 10,274 stitches...the smallest one I have done. There are so many pretty designs, I might add an extra row to the quilts so I can add some more, lol! 

I have 10 presents to wrap so I'm off to do that, as I have 11 more gifts coming from Amazon later today and tomorrow. So nice to do this online. I got all of Sadie Grace's gifts at Ross for Less way before Thanksgiving; the rest are from Amazon.

I almost forgot to take the required minimum withdrawal from my IRA, so that would have been a penalty. I got Greg to do it for me, as I took out more than the required withdrawal "just in case" I find a newer embroidery machine. He knows which stocks to sale and I am clueless. 

I came across this quilt on the internet and I really like the pattern and the colors used. I said I wasn't ever doing another bed size quilt, but if I can get good at the Quilt As You Go method, I would consider doing this pattern. 

Trish I love watching Lisa on Pattern Poole on You Tube. She is from Australia and I love listening to her talk. She loves doing Quilt As You Go. Her quilts using the QAYG method are stunning! She really has a good eye for picking out fabric and the perfect colors.

Tomorrow I'll be at the "real" sewing machine doing Quilt As You Go for Gary and Emily's quilt. Hope I can get this right.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/26/2023 3:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

11/26/2023 3:38 pm  #12

I JUST WATCHED A PBS SPECIAL, FAREWELL DOC MARTIN ON PBS.  ITS GREAT.  LOVE THE INTERACTIONS WITH THE ACTORS AND THE CREW.  THEY FINISHED FILMING SEASON 10 THE LAST ONE, IN 2022.  THEY FILM 1 SEASON EVERY 2 YEARS AND MISSED ONE YEAR DUE TO COVID.  THEY SPEND 6 MONTHS IN THE TOWN FILMING ONE SEASON AT A TIME.  FIRST ONE IN 2004 SO ITS BEEN 18 YEARS OF FILMING WITH THE LAST IN 2022.  LOVE THE SPECIAL.  ALL INTERESTING INFO.  LOVE LEARNING ABOUT THE BEHIND-THE-SCENES WORK WHICH IS SO GREAT.   OUR STATIONS JUST GAVE US THE 9TH SEASON AND IN THE LAST SHOW I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE THE LAST SHOW FOR DOC MARTIN.  HAPPILY I AM WRONG AND IT HAS ANOTHER YEAR FOR US WHICH WE WILL GET SOON.  THEY WERE SORRY TO LEAVE PORT ISAAC FOR THE LAST TIME.  NOTE OF INTEREST, BRITISH SERIES RUN ONLY 6 TO 9 SHOWS FOR THE WHOLE YEAR.
THOSE OF YOU WHO WATCH IT, FYI.

I ALSO WORKED ON SOME SEWING THINGS.  I GOT THE SATIN-STITCHING DONE ON THE GOLDFISH WINTER SCENE FOR "BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE."  I NEED TO FILL IN SOME SPACES WITH MORE STITCHING OR BLACK MARKER.  
I ALSO DREW A FEW PATTERNS.  THE ONE I THINK I WILL WORK ON NEXT ARE BABY DRAGONS ON XMAS MORN.  
HERE ARE PICS.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW.
QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (11/26/2023 3:53 pm)

11/26/2023 4:00 pm  #13

SANDRA Hope we get that special! It sounds good, Martin Clunes is a lovely guy, he plays a good part, he is quite a funny guy really. It's great that so many of you now share a little in your building, a good way to use up plus you have more interactions with others. 

BJ poor FRANK hope he feels better soon, I had that for a long, long time. I didn't think I'd ever get rid of the cough. It goes eventually, but it's exhausting

DEVONNE do you mean Monica Poole, her way is the way I do it, with the hand sewn back. I tried the machine stitch back but although it's extra work I did the hand stitch. Both look good when you are really accurate, although I feel the hand stitch is a little more forgiving.. My stitch in the ditch isn't always "IN" the ditch. I think you need the foot she uses. 

HOLLY you are all having a wonderful time, I hope they enjoy Harry Potter, Megan saw it a while back, is it the 2 part play. I think it was Golden something? 

MARYLOU welcome back, so glad you had a good time, it was a great idea to take your machine as well, I did that when I went to a friends a while back, I stayed in a hotel, and had some sewing time, If we didn't have so much to take when we go to the championships in Queensland I'd take it there, I do take knitting and handsewing.

INDY I couldn't remember San's address either, I am sure she said they moved back to the old place, so I will send it there. I hope you get to see Andrew. I know all about getting computers fixed/set up - I've done all ours LOL. Funnily enough that was the Mr's job for many years, he operated a massive computer. I had to remind him all the time that home ones just don't respond the way a huge one does LOL 

This one took all afternoon to setup, but it happened fairly easily, I just needed to be watchful, when It said it would take 78 hours to load AFTER running for about 2 hours 'preparing to transfer' I almost gave up LOL

It went much faster, and it all works well, still figuring to the right colour settings, and size of things. and the new keyboard is really flat, but the mouse works well, better than the old Apple one.

I did all your cards on the corner of the table, running two large iMacs took up some room, so the handwriting is worse than normal. I kept running out of room LOL

Heading to the post office this morning to mail, at least that is one thing I could do while waiting.

It's hot again today, I have the sheets out already, towels will go out later, I have a couple loads of clothes to do first.
I heard about a tip to dry towels fluffier You give them a really, really good shake from the short end then turn and do from the other short end, it does help lift the fibres after they have been spun. It does take a bit of a work out though. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/26/2023 6:08 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/26/2023 4:02 pm  #14

What cute little guys SANDRA, You are great with your ideas, I have zero imagination, I have to see a pattern, then I can change it to make a difference, but I have no fresh ideas!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/26/2023 6:34 pm  #15

Judy, it took 10 full years for me to stop crying every time Manda left. Neither of my PacNW girls will be home at Xmas. Steph and Dan will be here in January for a friend’s 40th birthday. 

The Greyhound bus got delayed in Baltimore for hours, so Heather drove to Manhattan! It’s only a two hour drive, and they reserved a parking garage 5 minutes from the theater. They just texted they are on the way home. The kids are grazers, which I’m not used to, they eat small amounts constantly. Amary and I wrapped the gifts they picked for their parents. 

11/27/2023 9:38 am  #16

Theresa, another beautiful Christmas card from you. I loved reading what everyone has done this past year. It has been a trying year for your family with your sister's death, everything you have done in Columbia, all the trips back & forth, and getting your Mom moved to her new place. A better new year for sure is coming your way! Is Todd back in the office full time?

Sandra, you are really talented with your drawings. I'm with Trish...don't think I could do that. 

Trish, I do think Diana/San said they moved into the old place. Yes, Monica, lol! Her quilts are so colorful. I love the blue one with the round circle of butterflies. 

Took a long bath this morning, tried a new shampoo (Tea Time) which I won't buy again (don't care for the strong smell), got a load of laundry done and am wrapping presents now. I scratched working on G&E's quilt today. Instead, I'm working on a Christmas wallhanging. 

I'll get Christmas cards when Walmart texts me my prescriptions are ready for pick up. They no longer have pickup for prescriptions, so I'm forced to go inside around all the sick people, lol. I need to get a gift card for Carter while there and something for Ben (Hannah's DH). 

My sweet little Sadie Grace. 

Last edited by DownSouth (11/27/2023 9:44 am)

D e v o n n e

11/27/2023 9:59 am  #17

ACTUALLY NOT ALL, BUT SOME, OF MY PATTERNS ARE EASILY MADE FROM TRACING A PICTURE ON THE SCREEN OFF MY COMPUTER AND THEN TRANSFERRING IT TO MY PATTERN PAPER WITH MY LIGHT BOX.  I ADD BITS HERE AND THERE OF MY OWN.  YOU CAN FIND SO MANY IDEAS ONLINE.  I ALSO LOOK AT A XMAS CARD SCENE I LIKE AND DRAW FREE-HAND FROM THAT.  SOMETIMES I NEED HELP WHEN IT COMES TO ART.  I WISH I HAD A PRINTER THAT INCREASED SIZES OF PATTERNS, BUT I HAVE NONE.  WHEN I WANT SOMETHING LARGER, I JUST HAVE TO DRAW IT MYSELF.  SO LADIES, ANYONE CAN DO IT IF THEY TRY.  START WITH GOING TO GOOGLE FOR COLORING PAGES, LIKE XMAS SNOWMAN COLORING PAGES.  YOU WILL GET LOTS OF PICTURES AND SOME YOU CAN TRACE OR EASILY DRAW FROM THE PICTURES.

TODAY IS A BRIGHT AND WARMER DAY IN THE HIGH 40S.  LOVING IT. I NEED TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH SO I WILL ENJOY SOME OF THAT FRESH AIR TODAY.  THEN ITS NOTHING TO DO.  I MAY DO MORE SEWING.  IN ANY CASE I NEED TO CHOOSE FABRICS.  THAT I CAN DO WITHOUT HELP THOUGH I MISS MY GUY'S HELP WITH THAT.  HE HAD AN EYE FOR COLOR.  ME, I AM WISHY WASHY, CHANGING MY MIND A HALF DOZEN TIMES.

DEVONNE......WHAT A CUTIE IS SADIE GRACE.  AND I BET SHE KNOWS IT.  ENJOY HER WHILE SHE'S SMALL.

I HAVE EMAILED SAN AND HOPE SHE RESPONDS.  I JUST AM NOT SURE OF HER LATEST ADDRESS.  I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

AS I AGE I FIND THAT I LIKE STRONG ODORS LESS AND LESS EACH YEAR.  I HAVE SOME HAND LOTIONS I JUST NEVER USE.  TOO STRONG.  I FOUND ONE WHICH IS VANILLA CASHMERE WHICH IS LIGHT AND NICE.  I ALWAYS LIKED THE VANILLA AROMA.  EVEN THE GALS AT BINGO LIKE THIS ONE.  ONE ESPECIALLY HATES STRONG SCENTS.  ITS VERY SUBTLE BUT PLEASANT ACCORDING TO THEM.  
I ALWAYS BOUGHT COPENHAGEN AFTER SHAVE FOR MY HUSBAND SINCE I HATED OLD SPICE AND KARATE AND THOSE STRONG ONES.  SUBTLE IS MY FAVORITE WORD WHEN IT COMES TO AROMAS.  I JUST NEVER LIKED THEM TOO STRONG.
IN THIS BUILDING THEY RUN SOME SCENTS THRU OUR AIR VENTS.  I GUESS ITS HOW THEY KEEP THESE BUILDINGS WITH OLD PEOPLE FROM SMELLING LIKE OLD PEOPLE.  ANYWAY, ONE THEY USE SMELLS LIKE SKUNK TO ME.  WHEN I FIRST SMELLED IT I WOULD RUN AROUND CLOSING MY WINDOWS TO KEEP OUT THE SMELL THINKING A SKUNK WAS PASSING BY.  NOW WHEN ITS USED I PUT SOME VICKS VAPORUB BENEATH MY NOSTRILS TO COUNTER-ACT THE HORRID AROMA.  ITS RARELY USED BUT STILL I HATE IT.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/27/2023 10:19 am)

11/27/2023 10:39 am  #18

Good Morning, it's cold outside, only 30*!!  Everything is covered with frost.  I have absolutly no energy this morning, can barely sit up!  Gloria is coming to clean today and Frank is up and finished in the bathroom.  The sun just came out, so maybe we'll have a nice day after all.

Since I have nothing to say, I think I'll just sign off.  It's HE** getting old.  Can't think of anything to do, so will just go sit in my chair.  Sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

11/27/2023 2:59 pm  #19

Starting tomorrow I’m going to have to drive the new car or stay home. We brought the Rav to the body shop to have the hood painted
. As I pulled in the tire pressure warning light went on.😡. DH picked me up and I told him on the way home. Now he’s angry that I didn’t tell him while we were there. 🤷‍♀️. Just another day in paradise.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/27/2023 9:25 pm)

11/27/2023 5:51 pm  #20

I just saw on TV the funeral and viewing arrangements for Rosalyn Carter, and it said she was being buried at their home in Plains, GA. Devonne and Theresa, is that a thing in GA? 

Board footera