OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/07/2023 9:31 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 1 ~ SAT OCT 7

Good Morning to everyone!!  I am up and dressed, done my exercises, everyone else is still sleeping, not even 8:30 yet.  The sun is out, but totally still.  Today we are going to the barns event.  It will be fun, even though Frank and I will be sitting still most of the time.  We will take our Christmas picture, everyone is wearing black.

Not sure what else we'll be doing today, I don't have much energy, so won't be doing much.  It is so lovely to have all the family here.   Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, hoping everyone is doing well, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

10/07/2023 9:38 am  #62

Here's a picture of Sadie Grace the day she came home. 

Sandra, I'm resting and work as I feel like it. I have the big Pioneer Woman crockpot. I wish I had gotten the smaller one. I'm on the fence about an air fryer, but I have been looking at them at Walmart. 

(see all of Gary's meds in the background...it's sad what all he takes.)

Holly, do you use the crockpot liners? I've never bought them, but they do look like an easy cleanup.

Last edited by DownSouth (10/07/2023 9:40 am)

D e v o n n e

10/07/2023 9:52 am  #63

Devonne, yes! I love the crockpot liners, so easy for cleanup. That’s a lot of meds! Yikes!

10/07/2023 10:04 am  #64

I, too, love the crockpot liners!

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:22 pm)

10/07/2023 10:59 am  #65

Good afternoon!

I have never tried the crockpot liners, but will now that I know they actually work!  lol!  I like the crockpot but not really fond of the instant pot just yet.  I like my flavors to cook together for a while, I guess.  My son and DIL love the Instant pot cooker.  

Sandra, I love your Kitty in a Pumpkin patch!  You are so talented.  I also made some of the roasted tomatoes a couple of weeks ago.  Dean worked on a car for a friend who has a big farm.  He brought us corn a few times this summer and I froze it.  He brought a bag of different kinds of tomatoes so I stewed some (Dean's favorite) and roasted the remaining.  I plan to use them in some vegetable soup and/or chili.  I have made for years a chicken/stuffing dish very similar to the one you posted.  My family really likes it.

Judy, I am feeling better, thanks.  I think all the sunshine we have been having has helped.  Plus, Dean has me out walking a lot these days.  He has taken up jogging again and I walk.  He was leery of jogging on his knee replacements, but doc said if it feels ok, to do it.  So Dean is up to 3 or so miles at at time again.    We all do better when he runs.

I need to get my carpet cleaned.  We only have carpet in the living room and up the stairs, but it needs cleaning by a professional.  We try to clean it regularly with a home shampoo machine, but it is just not the same.

Nothing else at this time,  Take care all.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:21 pm)

10/07/2023 11:07 am  #66

Abby (age 15) at Homecoming Dance
[img][/img]

10/07/2023 11:09 am  #67

Abby and her date.

[img][/img]

10/07/2023 11:54 am  #68

Cute pics of Abby.  Thanks, Cheryl.  Glad you're feeling better.  For many of us, exercise is part of the key.  
I know a woman who MUST be outside some every day to function well.  I'd never thought of that, being somewhat of a "housefly" myself! 
Lots of posts to read and today, I'm free as a bird.  No more "entertaining" until after the first of the year.  
And, as ML says, I'm at the top of the mountain house-wise right now.  Tonight is my high school alumni dinner.  I just had a call from my classmate, Roger, who is here from Iowa, asking if I'm going.  No.  I'm not and haven't for several years.  I hated to tell him that, but we had a very nice, long catchup on the phone.
I did invite him to stop by here if he wished.  He said he'd see if he could work it into his schedule.  I doubt he comes and really we've said it all, but I felt I should ask him.  We grew up  on farms less than a 1/4 of a mile from each other right here on Hwy. 6. 
Andrew is in Chicago, was invited to an open house of one of his ND classmate , stayed overnight with another and plans to come out here and stay overnight tonight with ML and Bill...that is IF he doesn't get invited to something tonight since ND plays this evening.  ML isn't holding her breath.

I can vouch for Holly's crockpot recipes.  Everyone I've tried has been delicious.  I also have made a chicken/stuffing casserole using cooked chicken very similar to QB's that we love.  ML makes one starting with raw chicken that is equally good and may be what we have for Christmas dinner.  Bill, who never insists anything, is doing that this time to lighten her load, since they always have this gathering now.  I'm thankful for the recipes, tips and many hints you've all shared over the years.  What would I do without this sisterhood? 

San, 3 teeth is a lot at one time.  Bless you.  And, am so glad that's over for Elmer and things are going well.
Tell us about the baby.  How old is he now?

BJ, I know  you're having a wonderful time at the farm doings, today.  Sounds like such a good time for all of you.
Can't say it enough how wonderful you're family is.  So nice to hear that when so many are not like that.  

Need to close this and get some lunch and kick Howard upstairs with his football games.  You know I'm kidding.  You don't kick Howard anywhere!  You might make the suggestion that there's something YOU want to watch.
And he's agreeable to that, so...    Have a great rest of the weekend.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (10/07/2023 12:19 pm)

10/07/2023 1:38 pm  #69

Saturday October 7,2023. 12::30pm

Prayers and 🫂 everyone..

Hope you all are having a great Sabbath/ Saturday..

Prayers and hugs to all that have had losses of any kind.. praying 🙏 that things are going better for all..

Been thinking of everyone - current and past and those who do not post often..

Anyone heard from or about those missing or not posting often? Sorry I can't remember all names,but thinking of and praying for all.. to name a few - omma 5, lady Texas family,

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:27 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

10/07/2023 1:47 pm  #70

Saturday October 7,2023 12:40pm

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Last post would not let me continue adding to my post..

Ms bananas - hope all is well with her - last I heard she was dating online and working at a prison in cafeteria, Ashley - hope her migraines and other health better, crazy (sandy) - hope you are still enjoying the bag making - trouble shooting patterns, sorry still not remembering everyone.. i often think of those who have died families..

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:28 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

10/07/2023 2:13 pm  #71

I don’t have a crock pot. noe slow cooker. Never have.

Holly- the attack occurred at 6:30 am our time.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:28 pm)

10/07/2023 7:04 pm  #72

Janet, showing my ignorance of the Middle East. Hamas isn’t a separate nation, it’s a faction?

10/07/2023 8:49 pm  #73

Hi all

Scary times with the attack on Israel, it never stops over there, so sad and it can affect the rest of the world so quickly. 

DEVONNE sh looks so small ((((hugs)))) hope she is feeling better soon, so much meds for your guys hope he can get over this, is it "long covid" or the remains of being ventilated etc? You please be careful that is a lot of work to do by yourself -says me - who just pulled apart our bedroom and really deep cleaned it LOL Moving the bed was the hardest, I used to be able to do it easily.

SANDRA that was a big win for you ! Congrats, a big lucky streak, you have been waiting for a while for it. Any plans for more cleaning/sewing, you have done a lot lately to (((hugs)))) take care of you!

HOLLY hope you have no lasting affects, our Dr won't give 2 of anything at the same tome - usually, I have had a pneumonia one and a flu one - but he wouldn't do covid/flu unless they are 3 weeks apart. You will need to show pics of the blanket for the dog, Buddy used to 'nest' too, he was a Maltese/Poodle.

CHERYL she is a cutie, is homecoming like graduation? Love the red dress (((hugs)))

MARYLOU being in a funk is understandable, maybe we should all look for the good things like you as well, remember when SANDRA got us to share 3 good things. I try to do it when I am in a funk too (((hugs)))

INDY I like the crock pot recipes too, I do a Mussaman curry in mine and always the spaghetti sauce. I know people cook roasts in them but I only did it once, and we didn't like it. Good to hear you had a nice chat with your school friend, and it's a great idea to plan something easy (and good) for Christmas. For us it's all about the food we share, and the games we play with the boys. 

DIANE it's a lot of deaths, I hate to think how many we have had over a few years, I don't count them - and it's looking like his sis is nearing th end, BUT we've said that many times before.

We got word this morning that they were thinking of sending her to hospital, she has been quite unwell for the last couple weeks, she has a 'not good' liver, diabetes, and heart failure, she has had a cough for a while, tests for 'flu, covid etc are all negative, we've seen her a few times, and she's not looking good, but she keeps on going. We honestly feel it is her time, she is really struggling and he would be distraught, but also knows it's going to happen. 

Also - just to throw me off, the hatch on my car went, couldn't get into the boot LOL I rang the dealer, they said bring it up, I did, they looked, said would I wait 10 minutes and they'll put in the new part, they had one. So it was a good outcome, I was stressing that I might get a flat tyre and not be able to get the space out. 
It was really hot onTuesday, and Wed, then cool Thurs, and now quite cool - LOL the MR turned on the A/C to HEAT (as he thought) when he got up Friday and it was cold, I still had it turned to cooling. I didn't;t even know he had turned it on. Every year this happens, I tell him to look and see, but he never does 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera