OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/05/2023 9:44 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 1 ~ SAT OCT 7

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all fine, sounds like some of you are having some problems, hope they settle out quickly!!  It is 60* this morning, so may turn out to be a nice day.  I have a Dr. appt. at 10:20, so will find out something, not sure why I'm going.   It's really hard to lose your mind!!

Dr. put a shot of something in my right knee yesterday, not sure it's any help just yet.  May take awhile.  He did tell me there's nothing to be done for my left knee!  Just have to live with it.  Lovely!!  So I'll be walking with a walker as long as I can walk at all!!!

I really don't have anything else to say so will just sign off.  Hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a really nice day, BJ.

10/05/2023 9:54 am  #42

THE GOOD NEWS IS I WON 12 BUCKS AT BINGO.  AFTER MY 4TH WIN I OPTED TO STOP PLAYING AND GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE TO WIN.  I JUST CALLED THE NUMBERS.  I WAS UNUSUALLY LUCKY LAST NITE.  I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A LOTTERY TICKET.
I GAVE MY LAST GHOST  WH TO A NEIGHBOR WHO LOVES MY DOOR HANGINGS.  I HAVE SO MANY I WON'T MISS IT AND BESIDES, I CAN ALWAYS MAKE MYSELF ANOTHER.

HOLLY......ITS GOOD THAT RALPH HAS INSURANCE ON HIS H/A SO HE CAN GET A REPLACEMENT FOR A LOT LESS THAN BUYING OUTRIGHT.  GOOD FOR HIM.

DIANE.....I AM SENDING POSITIVE VIBES YOUR WAY.  I KNOW THAT BEING IN A FUNK IS HARD TO MANAGE AT TIMES SO I HOPE YOU CAN GET THOSE POSITIVE THOUGHTS WORKING FOR YOU.  THEY SURE CAN HELP ONE OVER THE BUMPS OF LIFE.  HUGS FOR YOU.

DEVONNE......I HOPE THAT THERE IS BETTER NEWS ABOUT LITTLE SADIE GRACE FOR YOU TODAY.

JANET.......MY SEWING CHAIR IS AN OFFICE CHAIR FROM STAPLES WITH ARMS.  ITS VERY COMFY.  ITS BEEN DOING ITS JOB FOR YEARS NOW.

TODAY WILL BE SPENT DOING SOME SEWING.  I HAVE TO CLEAR A SPOT ON MY TABLE SO I CAN IRON MY WH ON MY LITTLE IRONING BOARD AND THEN CUT MY BORDER STRIPS.  I AM GOING TO USE THE BROWN LEAFY BORDER FOR THIS ONE.  
AS FOR COOKING, ITS TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE ON SUNDAY MORNING SINCE MY SON WILL BE SHOPPING FOR ME SUNDAY.  I HAVE SOME SANDWICH LIVERWURST I NEED TO GET INTO AND I HAVE BEEN CRAVING SOME FRIES, SO THAT'S ON MY LIST.  A COUPLE SANDWICHES FOR ME THE NEXT FEW DAYS AND FINISHING UP THE DRESSING CASSEROLE.  I WILL MAKE THAT AGAIN SOMETIME SOON.

MY PUTER DID SOMETHING STRANGE.  IT FROZE FOR 3 MINS THEN CAME BACK AND POSTED MY POST BEFORE SOME FROM YESTERDAY SO I GOT RID OF THAT AND RESUBMITTED IT WHERE IT SHOULD BE NOW.  GOSH, PUTERS ARE STRANGE SOMETIMES.

ITS BEEN A FOGGY DAY SO FAR.  USUALLY IT BURNS OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS BUT ITS STILL A BIT HANGING.  TEMPS ARE FINE THOUGH.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  I HAVE TO GET SEWING.  BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/05/2023 10:02 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/05/2023 9:54 am  #43

=26pxJanet, I understand why your DH didn’t help the guys- if he helped and there was any issue, they could say it was because of him. This way, any problems are on them. I also don’t like takeout for that reason. 

I went to Walgreens and got my flu and Covid shots. In a month I’ll get RSV and shingles #1. CDC says you can get 4 at once! No thanks! 

Sandra, congrats on your win! 
Devonne, how’s Sadie?

10/05/2023 12:33 pm  #44

Diane, I understand about being in a funk. Sometimes I really start feeling sorry for myself, thinking about losing Bill, both kids live in other states, my health isn’t great. Then something will remind me to look for the good things in my life. Bill and I had 55 years together and he planned well so I can live comfortably in a nice home. David lives close enough that I can drive to his house once in a while and both kids come to visit as often as they can and do things to help when they are here. I also have extended family living close to me that I can spend time with and call on if I need help. Now that I have a pacemaker and doctors have adjusted my meds, I am feeling much better than I did for a long time.

I had to use that line of thinking for an incident that happened today. I had a longer than usual list for my Walmart shopping. When I got home I realized some of my items were missing. I called the store and found out they had my missing bag. (It was my fault for forgetting it, I had used self checkout ) So I had to get out in the rain again to go get it. I could have grumbled but instead I chose to be glad that the store had my bag and that my gas to return for it was less than the cost of replacing those items.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:22 pm)

10/05/2023 5:53 pm  #45

Mary Lou, positivity can be a decision for sure. My mom was such a negative person that I chose early on to be the opposite. 

My coastal ripple Afghan has been put on hold, Steph requested a small Afghan for Mocha’s use in her doggy bed. She’s part dachshund and they love to next, she likes to jump on their bed and make a nest in the big Afghan they have. I have a variegated black and shades of gray that I’ll use. I’m going to make a big granny square, so that will go fast. 

My arms are heavy and a little sore. Better than Covid or the flu! 

10/06/2023 8:23 am  #46

GOOD MORNING!

LAPTOP IS BEING CONTRARY, SO SHUT DOWN FOR AWHILE. WILL TRY TO GET ON IT LATER ON.

THINKING OF EVERYONE.  PRAYERS...................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

10/06/2023 8:33 am  #47

THE POST WAS TYPED YESTEDAY BUT SOME HOW DIDN'T GET POSTED.

strings

10/06/2023 8:50 am  #48

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN AND SAY 'GOOD MORNING' TO YOU ALL.  I AM OFF TO SEW.
STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

10/06/2023 9:36 am  #49

The Covid and flu shots knocked me on my butt! My arms were both achey and sore and I had a headache. I feel a little better now. I got up, put dinner in the crockpot, and went back to sleep on the couch. I don’t remember either shot giving me so much trouble, maybe the combo of both. And the CDC says you can get 4 shots at once! Yikes!

10/06/2023 9:41 am  #50

Good Morning, it's nice to be able to get on here every morning to say Hi!!  It is 50* this morning and the sun is shining bright, very still, but a beautiful morning.  Tracy, Jamie and Larissa will be here tonight, really looking forward to seeing them.  Tomorrow is the big show at the farms around here, so we'll all go and try to get a picture taken to use on our Christmas cards.  

I'm not feeling great this morning, Slept really well last night so that's good!!  I think it's wonderful at Quiltbea can go off to sew, I miss that so much!  I really don't have much to say this morning to will sign off, wishing you all well and hope everyone is fine, Love you all, BJ.

10/06/2023 12:15 pm  #51

Friday October 6, 2023. 11:10 am

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Hope you are all having a good day..

Sorry again for being gone for so long..

Need to catch up reading again..

2 weeks ago I had 3 teeth pulled, actually pulled.. it took awhile for me to recoup.. the following Wednesday DH Elmer finally had his TAVR, was in hospital overnight, I stayed with him.. he is home and doing well.. both his feet , still wound care, are healing faster.. hopefully soon they will be fully healed..

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:23 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

10/06/2023 12:39 pm  #52

Carol, if you are reading, thank you for the beautiful card. That was so sweet of you. I also got a card from Sandy's vet clinic with her paw print on it. 

Diana, I was thinking of you yesterday and wondered how Elmer was doing. Glad he's at home now and you are healing from your dental work.

Marylou, maybe it's time to pamper yourself with a spa treatment? Maybe find a new recipe to try. Is there a park nearby where you can take a walk or just sit and walk people, enjoy the nature? I think this is why I like to stay so busy around the house....it keeps my mind occupied. Today I'm taking a break and finding a movie to watch.

Sadie Grace went home yesterday. All I know is it was viral, not what kind of virus. I met Gary, Hannah & Sadie Grace at BK for lunch today.  She still looks pale. Greg said I should have worn a mask.

I've been busy. I wanted to move my bed to the other wall. I called Greg first to ask if the tv would still work on the other wall, as I couldn't move the AT&T box. I knew this was difficult, if not impossible, as adjustable bed frames are extremely heavy. I took the foam out and top mattress cover off. I got it moved to the other side of the wall with the help of my hips and thighs, lol.  I could have never moved the mattress if it didn't have the straps on the side. Also cleaned all the drawers and organized. Resting awhile now, then I'll vacuum.

Holly, that is the reason why I wouldn't get both at the same time. A little massaging might help the soreness. Last year's flu shot was sore for days!

Sandra, enjoy your sewing time! I'll get my Fall wallhanging done this weekend.

BJ, I know you miss sewing. I hope one day you can get back to it.

I am making spaghetti for dinner. Not sure if I want to do meatballs or just add the beef to the sauce. 

Have the only load of laundry going. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/06/2023 12:44 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/06/2023 2:04 pm  #53

Holly, the only time I had more than very minor reactions to vaccines was last year when I got Covid and flu shots three days apart.

Next week is my guild’s fall retreat. I’m getting several projects organized to take.

10/06/2023 3:45 pm  #54

Mary Lou, I’ve also only had minor reactions in the past, next year I’ll wait a month in between. I need the shingles and the RSV, I think I won’t get them together! 

Made a crockpot dish that was really good! Chicken and little potatoes with a sauce made of olive oil, lemon, garlic and honey over it, add asparagus the last half hour and turn it to high, steams the asparagus. Ralph approved! 

I think I’ve slept half the day! My arms are fine now, but I’m still really tired.

10/06/2023 6:11 pm  #55

I've been lazy, aka resting, today, but I'll get back on track tomorrow.

I need to look for fabric for Carter's throw. I have some designs I think he will like. Why are gnomes so very popular???

It's only going to be 67 for the weekend and the 40's at night. I hope we don't have the cold front we had last year in October. It was 7 degrees and my heat pump would only get up to 66 degrees.

D e v o n n e

10/07/2023 5:56 am  #56

Marylou, you are an inspiration, that's for sure! And you're right! I have so many good things in my life as well! And so thankful and grateful!

It's been rough because
between both families and friends/coworkers we've had so many deaths (11) in under 3 years! In case anyone is curious, none have been from covid.

Yikes, Holly! 2 at once should be more than plenty!

I can count on one hand the number of flu shots I've had over the years, and on one finger 😄 the number of times I've had the flu. It was the Russian flu back in the 70s, and that's been it. I'm very thankful for that! 🙏🏻

I do hope that you are feeling better!

BJ, I hope that you feel up to sewing soon!

QB, your projects always sound like such fun!

Diana, I hope your feeling better soon!

Okay, I better head to bed. Something I ate disagreed with me just enough to keep me up, so time to hit the sheets! I feel perfectly fine otherwise.

Have a great weekend! 🤗 We are expecting another gorgeous day tomorrow with a high near 80, I believe.

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

10/07/2023 8:27 am  #57

I can hardly remember the last time I was ill . ( Hope I’m not jinxing myself saying that). Maybe a sniffle, usually a allergy related…
I only started getting the flu shot about 10 years ago at DH’s insistance.
I don’t plan to get any shots, except the regular flu shot.
I’ve had shingles a few times, years ago, and caught early each time and treated immediately with an antiviral (Valtrex) it was gone in a few days. I’ve know a few who have gotten severe reactions to the shingles shot.

Israel has been attacked by Hamas along the Gaza Strip. Israel has declared a state of War against Hamas and probably will add Iran.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:24 pm)

10/07/2023 8:36 am  #58

ITS A GLOOMY DAY HERE BUT SINCE I STAY INDOORS IT DOESN'T AFFECT ME.  I TOOK OUT MY TRASH YESTERDAY.  I EVEN CLEARED OUT THE CANNED GOODS AND SUCH ON MY TOP KITCHEN SHELVES.  I AM TALL BUT EVEN FOR ME I CAN'T SEE WHAT'S IN THE BACK ON THOSE SHELVES.  I DECIDED TO PUT ONLY A FEW THINGS THAT ARE TALL IN THE FRONT.  I TOSSED OUT A FEW THINGS THAT WERE OVER THEIR USE BY DATES BY A YEAR OR MORE.  I CAN SEE SOME THINGS OK FOR A YEAR, LIKE CANNED GOODS, BUT LITTLE ELSE.
I GUESS I AM LUCKY WITH FLU SHOTS.  I GET THEM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME BUT IN OPPOSITE ARMS.  THE ARMS ACHE JUST A BIT BUT NO OTHER SYMPTOMS EXCEPT FEELING A LITTLE TIRED.  FOR ME, THAT'S A GOOD REASON TO DO NOTHING BUT WATCH TV, READ OR DO CROSSWORDS.  WORKS FOR ME.

HOLLY......IS MOCHA'S AFGHAN NEARLY DONE YET?  I BET IT WILL BE LOVED AND WELL USED.
I HAVE A CROCKPOT BUT RARELY USE IT.  MY COUNTER SPACE IS LIMITED AND I DEFINITELY NEED TO HAVE MY MICROWAVE, TOASTER OVEN, AIR FRYER, AND TOASTER ON THE COUNTER SINCE I USE THEM A LOT.  THEREFORE I HAVE NOWHERE TO KEEP MY CROCKPOT EXCEPT IN ITS BOX IN THE CLOSET.  I HATE DRAGGING STUFF OUT AND PUTTING IT BACK.  YOUR CROCKPOT MEAL SOUNDED SOOOO GOOD.  I GUESS THAT'S WHY I TEND TO MAKE CASSEROLES.  I CAN STICK A DISH IN THE OVEN AND LET IT DO ITS THING TIL ITS DONE AND THERE ARE MEALS FOR ANOTHER DAY OR MORE AND EVEN ENOUGH TO SHARE WITH OTHERS.
I MAY JUST PUT AWAY THE AIR FRYER SINCE LATELY I AM NOT EVEN USING IT.  THE CROCKPOT WOULD FIT WELL IN THAT SPACE AND MY MEALS COULD BE SMALLER SO LESS MONEY TO SPEND ON MY FOOD BUDGET.  YOUR CROCKPOT MEALS ALWAYS SOUND SOOOO TASTY YOU ARE SWAYING ME IN THAT DIRECTION.   DECISIONS, DECISIONS.

SAN......GLAD TO HEAR THE TOOTH PROBS ARE NOW BEHIND YOU AND ELMER IS HEALING WELL AFTER HIS PROCEDURE.  I HOPE HE'S MUCH BETTER SOON.

DEVONNE.......HOORAY, SADIE GRACE IS HOME.  SORRY SHE IS STILL LOOKING PALE.  THE POOR LITTLE THING WENT THRU A LOT. AS FOR YOU, YOU ARE DOING TOO MUCH BY YOURSELF AND WILL PAY FOR IT.  TAKE THE TIME OFF YOU NEED AFTER HARD LABOR.  THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO RECOUP.
LIKE YOU, I SOMETIMES LEAVE THE MEATBALLS FOR ANOTHER TIME AND JUST MAKE MEAT SAUCE.  ITS NEARLY AS GOOD I THINK.  SOMETIMES I DO BOTH.  YOU KNOW ME, I LOVE GROUND BEEF IN MY MEALS.

I AM MAKING TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE ON SUNDAY MORNING.  MY SON SHOPS FOR ME.  I WILL SHARE WITH A FEW OTHERS HERE THAT ALSO LIKE IT.  WITH MY NEW EATING PLAN I CANNOT HAVE FOOD AROUND TOO MUCH OR I WILL BE TEMPTED TO EAT IT MYSELF.
I RECORDED REAR WINDOW LAST NITE AND WILL WATCH IT TODAY.  I MAY OR MAY NOT PULL FABRICS FOR MY NEXT DOORHANGING.  I CANNOT DECIDE WHICH TO MAKE NEXT.  I AM JUST GLAD I AM BACK IN THE GROOVE OF SEWING. 
THAT'S IT FROM MY CORNER OF THE GLOBE.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/07/2023 8:55 am)

10/07/2023 8:46 am  #59

Janet, I hadn’t heard about Israel, I didn’t have the TV on at all yesterday.
Sandra, I only started Mocha’s Afghan Thursday night, it’ll take a week or so. 
I did a blog post showing Coastal Ripple and the yarn for Mocha’s Afghan.
I feel human today! Just a red area at the flu shot site.

10/07/2023 9:10 am  #60

MORNING!

INTENDED TO GET ON LAST NIGHT. FOR SOME REASON HAVE BEEN AVOIDING THE COMPUTER. CAN NOT TYPE AS WELL ON THIS TABLET.

DUPPOSED TO GET COOL THIS WEEKEND.

HAD FLU SHOT BUT HAVEN'T GOTTEN THEBOTHER RECOMMENDEDONES---SHINGLES, RSV AND COVID BOOSTER. USUALLY DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A REACTION BUT WILL ONLY DO ONE AT A TIME. HAVE BEEN DRAGGING FEET AVOUT SHINGLES. KNOW A LOT OF THOSE WHO HAD BAD REACTIONS. ALSO A FRIEND WHO HAD VACCINE AND MULTIPLE EPISODES OF D
SHINGLES.

HOPE EVERYONE IS FEELING BETTER.

I CAN GET INTO FUNKS AS WELL. WHEN REALLY DOWN USUALLY UNDERSTAND WHY AND THAT HELPS ME SHAKE IT OFF EVENTUALLY.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.....................

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/07/2023 8:25 pm)

strings

Board footera