OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/03/2023 7:06 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 1 ~ SAT OCT 7

Good morning, friends. Although I haven’t posted lately, I have been reading regularly and thinking about all of you. I celebrate with you over your good times and sympathize with your difficulties.

My visit with Lynn was good in spite of her medical problems. I went to 7 appointments with her during the 2 weeks. A couple were very quick to get an injection to stimulate her bone marrow. Four were several hours long, two getting chemo, one a blood transfusion (which really made her feel better), and one to get fluids when she was a bit dehydrated.  But, fortunately her treatments seem to be working. She will have 3 more chemo treatments than surgery. It hasn’t been decided yet how extensive the surgery will be.   On non-appointment days, Lynn wanted to show me around her area. I got to see where she works and meet co-workers. Her best friend invited us for a meal so I got to meet her. We did a little shopping and a lot of just hanging out at her house. I had a serious talk with the unfaithful son-in-law. He seems contrite and is certainly being good to Lynn now. But I certainly do not trust him and, more importantly , neither does Lynn. But she needs him now so her moving back to th house is best for now. She will make long term decisions about their relationship after this medical journey is over.

I have a retreat next week at a small retreat center. There will be 9 of us from my guild and 5 other people. We will each be doing our own projects, no classes or group project except a small mystery wall hanging that I am in charge of.  The only downside to this retreat center is that they do not provide meals. They do have a very well equipped kitchen. Each of us is responsible for part of food. I’m taking soup for one of our lunches.

10/03/2023 7:48 am  #22

GOSH, I ENVY YOU GALS WHO CAN GO TO RETREATS.  ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I WENT TO ONE.  DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE ONE IN NEW HAMSHIRE OVER 20 YEARS AGO?  I LOVED THAT TIME THOUGH I COULD NOT SLEEP IN THEIR BEDS.  I SLEPT IN A CHAIR AND NOT COMFORTABLY.  THAT WAS MY LAST AND ONLY RETREAT.  I HAVE SLEPT IN A RECLINER FOR YEARS DUE TO MY BACK'S PECULIAR NEEDS.  FOR ME A RECLINER IS PERFECT AND RESTFUL.  BEDS ARE NOT.

I DID SO MUCH SEWING YESTERDAY, IT WAS TOO LATE FOR ME TO START MY CASSEROLE SO I HAD A 6" CHICKEN ROLL WITH A SMALL SALAD INSTEAD.  THE CASSEROLE WILL BE MADE TODAY.  I HAVE PLENTY OF THE COOKED CHICKEN BREAST LEFTOVER.  I WILL REPORT ON IT WHEN I TRY IT.

THANKS TO DEVONNE I HAVE ANOTHER DRAWING DONE FOR HALLOWEEN.  I LOVED HER EMBROIDERY PATTERN WITH THE BATS FLYING IN THE BACKGROUND SO WILL DO MY VERSION OF THAT ONE NEXT.  OR MAYBE NOT TIL NEXT HALLOWEEN DEPENDING ON THE TIME LEFT.

MARYLOU.....SO HAPPY TO HEAR LYNN IN MAKING PROGRESS THRU HER DIAGNOSIS.  I AM SURE YOU BEING THERE WAS A BIG PLUS FOR HER.  I HOPE THE SURGERY GOES WELL AND LOOKS LIKE AND EVEN BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR HER.  SHE NEEDS TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.  I KNOW IT CAN'T HURT.

ANOTHER LOVELY FALL DAY HERE.  I EXPECT OUR LEAVES ARE STARTING TO TURN THOUGH VERY LITTLE AROUND THE RIVER FOR NOW.  ENJOY THE FALL COLORS WHILE YOU MAY LADIES.  THE TIME FOR SUCH LOVELINESS IS SHORT.
HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

PS.  I UPDATED MY CURRENT BLOG.

Last edited by quiltbea (10/03/2023 8:22 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/03/2023 10:01 am  #23

Good Morning to everyone.  I'm not feeling very bright this morning, so will be very brief.  There is a slight breeze blowing outside, down low.  It must have rained a bit overnight, there are some wet spots in the driveway.  Well, just had a little mess with Elly, Sharon was here to take her to cleaners/groomers and she took off and went under our bed.  Fortunately she couldn't get under there, so Sharon was able to get her and has just left to take her.  Wow! what a mess!!!

Well, I'm back in time to say goodbye, I'm kind of a mess this morning and can't seem to get anything done right!!  I hope you all have a very nice day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

10/03/2023 11:57 am  #24

Ralph was in the back yard cutting the grass and lost one of his brand new hearing aids. There is a locator app on his phone for them, but it only gives a 20 foot radius. He and our neighbor searched for an hour, no luck. He just left to go to Harbor Freight for a metal detector.

Janet, that’s a fast delivery! 

Judy, so sorry for the loss of your friend. My late MIL got to the point where she said all she did was go to funerals. 

Kielbasi and sauerkraut and little potatoes in the crockpot! It’s a nice day, sunny and upper 70’s.

10/03/2023 12:20 pm  #25

My azaleas are blooming and are so beautiful. I was so happy to see them blooming. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to lose all these azaleas that were quite expensive. This is where I had 19 gardenias planted and lost all of them. There's a crepe myrtle in the middle I was going to cut down, but decided to leave it to give the azaleas a little shade in the hot summer. I will trim all of the crepe myrtles in November. 

Sandra, I'm glad my fabric panel gave you an idea for another project. It's not an embroidery pattern. It's a 100% cotton panel. I have probably 17 panels and I love everyone of them. Some are animals, some nature, Christmas, etc. 

Sadie Grace is in the hospital. Last night they took her to the local hospital. They transferred her by ambulance to the Childrens Hospital in Atlanta, as her oxygen was low. I'm thinking she may have pneumonia or bronchitis. She felt bad last week when we went to Zaxbys. I'll wait for an update from Gary. He & Emily will go when she gets off work. 

I don't think I told y'all Emily has a full time job at Hobby Lobby. She started part time before their vacation in Florida. They offered her a full time job when she got back. She is over the framing department and hobbies. 

Marylou, keeping Lynne in my prayers. I'm glad you had a good visit. Sounds like your son-in-law still loves her. Can he take her to her appts. or is he at work?

I have the kids shirts in the washer. I'm getting ready to trim up the Fall panel so I can start on it. These panels won't require a lot of time like a quilt does. Some can be more detailed depending on how you want to do the borders, adding quilt blocks, etc. There are a lot of ideas out there. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/03/2023 12:29 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/03/2023 1:20 pm  #26

Looks nice, Devonne.  So sorry to hear about Sadie Grace. I'm glad you have a good children's hospital close by.  Is she 4, 5 or 6?  Time flies and I lose track...    Thanks for the pep talk.  I'm trying to be sensible about the cleaning and cooking.  Maybe if I was and was more disciplined as I intended I wouldn't be under the tyranny of having company every time.  We meet every two weeks, which for us is a good and actually reasonable span.  It's just that time flies and it come around quickly.  There are 6 of us to share the hosting so it really isn't that bad.  I'm just lazy and want to do what I want to do and when!

Thanks to all of you for the condolences.  In lieu of services, the family is considering an open house around the time of Anita's birthday, Nov. 7th.

Holly, we could have gone  to three funerals in the past two weeks, so I understand your MIL's situation.  As it is, I couldn't go to the first one, and the 3rd is tomorrow but I have a desperately needed hair cut scheduled and I need to get the groceries for Friday and we have a short-term class were attending on Wed. nights so, I'm skipping that one, too.  I find at my age, I just have to make choices that work for me and not fret and beat myself up when it's necessary to not go.  Have always been able to tear around and do everything but, no more!   Sorry about the lost hearing aid.  Hopefully, Ralph can locate it with the metal detector.  So far, Howard has kept his, but his latest is to forget to put them in before we go someplace, which drives him nuts.  I'm trying to remember to ask him. 

Cheryl, nice to catch up with you and yours.   We're creatures of mood change so I hope your funk has lifted or will soon.  Sounds like Dean is enjoying his latest endeavor, the car.  I had a wise friend and neighbor, a school principal, so educated, too.  When I was going thru my divorce, he asked me if I had anything to look forward to.  He was a firm believer that that was the secret to keeping on thru down times.   When I get off- kilter, I try to remember that.  I can't believe how your kiddos are growing up so fast...and so tall! 
Mary Lou, thanks for the update on your trip and time with Lynn.  Your brother was a real blessing to you.
Not that you haven't been one to him, many times, I'm sure.  Trust is hard to get back.  I hope Lynn and you, too can re-establish it, eventually.  Right now, she has a lot on her plate and as you said, she needs him.
I must go and get busy again.  Ate my late lunch, here with you all.  Chicken salad.  Yum.
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (10/03/2023 1:22 pm)

10/03/2023 2:18 pm  #27

HI!  FEEL LIKE I SHOULD REUNTRODUCE MYSELF.

SORRY TO BE SO BAD ABOUT READING AND POSTING. HAVE NOT READ AY POSTS SINCE I LAST POSTED.

DEVONNE, I DID SEE ON FACE BOOK ABOUT YOUR BELOVED SANDY PASSED OVER THE RAINBOW BRIDGE. SO SORRY. KNOW YOU MUST HAVE A HOLE IN YOUR HEART. YOUR AZALEAS ARE SO PRETTY. THE ONE IN THE SECOND PHOTO LOOKS LIKE WHAT MINE ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE. THE FEW BLOOMS THAT HAVE POPPED UP ARE MORE OF A CORAL PINK THAT WHAT I THOUGHT. WASN'T EXPECTING THEM TO BLOOM THIS YEAR AT ALL. THAT WAS A NICE SUPRISE. HOPE SADIE GRACE IS DOING BETTER. SORRY SHE IS SICK. HATCHED IN AFRICA HAS SOME NICE YOUNG CHILDRENS'S AND BABY DESIGNS. HER DESIGNS ARE NOT SO DENSE THAT THEY FEEL LIKE ARMOUR AS SHE PUT IT. NEVER TRIED COLORED BOBBIN THREAD. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA.

SANDRA GLAD THE KNEE IS BETTER. DON'T OVER DO ON THE SEWING AND GET YOUR BACK OUT OF WHACK. LIKE YOUR NEW DESIGNS.  I CHECKED OUT YOUR BLOG.

BJ HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER.

I CHECKED OUT JESSI'S FB PAGE.

JUDY, SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR FORMER SIL. GLAD SHE AND YOU STAYED FRIENDS.

JANET, DID YOU SEE ON FB THE RETREAT PHOTOS THAT BRENDA POSTED? THE LOCATION SEEMS REALLY NICE. CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN SEWING AND THE BEACH. BET THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL, SHE AND JOHN ARE GREAT COOOKS. HOPE YOU GET TO GO TO ONE OF HER RETREATS SOMETIME. MISS HER SHOP.

HOPE RALPH FINDS HIS HA. THAT IS A BUMMER.  AS MUCH AS I WOULD LOVE FOR DARRELL TO GET ONE, HE WOULD PROBABLY LOOSE IT TOO. HE IS ALWAYS ACUSING ME OF DOING SOMETHING WITH HIS STUFF. ONLY GUILTY OF MESSING WITH HIS TABLELET AFTER HE WAS GOING TO SEND OUT HIS SS NUMBER AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION. REPEATEDLY WARNED HIM ABOUT NOT DOING THAT. SORRY TOO MUCH INFORMATION. 

RESTORING AN OLD CAR SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PROJECT.

IT HAS GOTTEN BCK UP INTO THE 80s AGAIN AFTER A FEW DAYS OF 70s. GOING TO GET MUCH, MUCH COOLER THIS WEEEKEND. JACKET WETHER. HAVE A FEW MORE TOMATOES TO PICK. TIRED OF ALL THE WATERING. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE END OF THE GROWING SEASON. WILL STILL NEED TO WATER THE AZALEAS EVERY NOW AND THEM IF NO RAIN.

AS USUAL I DIDN'T TAKE NOTES, SO IF DIDN'T MENTION BY NAME, SORRY. I DO THINK OF EVERYONE, EVEN IF NOT ON HERE. NEVER DID CATCH UP SEVERAL WEEKS AGO AND DON'T KNOW IF WILL GET A CHANCE TO READ ANY OF LAST WEEK'S POSTS.

MARY LOU, CONTINUED PRAYES FOR LYNNE.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

10/03/2023 2:43 pm  #28

Devonne, Bill works from home with a flexible schedule so he can usually take Lynn to appointments. She has a couple of friends who have taken her a few times when he couldn’t. And she is able to drive herself when it is only for an injection.

10/03/2023 3:15 pm  #29

Linda- Brenda?

10/03/2023 3:16 pm  #30

Still waiting for the table and chair to be delivered?  It’s way past 4, almost 5:30. 
She called at 4 and said they were on their way.  My house is about 12 mins from the store.

10/03/2023 4:49 pm  #31

Janet sent you a PM.

strings

10/04/2023 9:13 am  #32

I MADE IT OFFICIAL, I GAVE UP MY GARDEN PLOT AND PHONED MGMT TO LET THEM KNOW THEY CAN PUT MY PLOT ON THE LIST.  I KNOW THERE IS A WAITING LIST FOR GARDENS.  I GAVE MY 7' GARDEN STAKES (6 OF THEN) TO MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR TONY ALONG WITH THE 3 CUCUMBER CAGES AND MY NICE RAIN GAUGE.  HE WILL PUT THEM TO GOOD USE.  HE WILL ALSO CLEAR OUT MY BED AND SETTLE IT FOR THE WINTER FOR ME.  I HARVESTED THE LAST SLICER AND A HALF DOZEN CHERRY TOMATOES PLUS SOME THYME AND PARSLEY THIS SUNSHINEY MORNING.  LOVELY DAY FOR IT.
IF YOU CHECK MY BLOG AT ALL YOU KNOW I AM MAKING PROGRESS WITH MY KITTY HALLOWEEN WH.  I'M DOING THE SATIN-STITCHING NOW AND HOPE TO FINISH THAT TODAY AND MAYBE EVEN ADD A BORDER.
I MADE THE CHICKEN AND DRESSING/STUFFING CASSEROLE YESTERDAY AND IT TURNED OUT FINE.  IT WAS ONLY MADE IN A 9 X 9 PAN BUT JUST RIGHT FOR ME AND MY NEIGHBOR TOM.  HE WAS MY GUINEA PIG AND HE SAID HE LIKED IT TOO.  I HAVE ENOUGH LEFT MYSELF TO HAVE 2 MORE MEALS.  WITH A SMALL SALAD IT WORKED OUT FINE FOR ME AND MY EATING PLAN.  VERY EASY TO MAKE AND NOT A LOT OF INGREDIENTS.  IF ANYONE WANTS TO TRY IT, I CAN POST IT FOR YOU.  I THINK I WILL POST IT ON MY BLOG LATER TODAY ALSO.

SANDIE.....IF YOU ARE READING, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TODAY.  I GOT IT RIGHT AT LAST.

DEVONNE.....I LOVE YOUR GARDEN RING WITH THE AZALEAS.  SO PRETTY.  YOU HAVE A GOOD EYE FOR GARDENS.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT SADIE GRACE.  I HOPE YOU HAVE HAD SOME GOOD NEWS ABOUT HER SINCE YOU LAST POSTED.

BJ.....I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER TODAY.  SOME DAYS WE JUST CAN'T COPE AS WELL.

HOLLY........DID RALPH FIND HIS HEARING AID?  THAT'S AN EXPENSIVE LOSS IF ITS GONE.  I HOPE HE FOUND IT.

LINDA.....NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN.

JANET......DID THAT TABLE AND CHAIR ARRIVE YESTERDAY?

BINGO TONIGHT FOR ME.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AND HOPE TO WIN A LITTLE BIT TONIGHT.  ON MY MENU I DEFROSTED SOME GROUND BEEF SO THE NEXT MEALS WILL BE BURRITOS MADE WITH GROUND BEEF, PIZZA SAUCE (IT GIVES IT MORE ZING THAN TOMATO SAUCE), ONION, AND CHEDDAR CHEESE.  I DON'T HAVE ANY GREEN PEPPER SO WILL DO WITHOUT.  TOMORROW THAT'S SCHEDULED.
I AM OFF TO DO SOME SEWING AGAIN.  HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.   HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/04/2023 10:04 am)

10/04/2023 9:57 am  #33

Good Morning, everyone!!  Hope you are doing fine.  I'm okay today so far, not much ambition.  I think Frank got up and is in the bathroom, so I'm just fiddling around on the computer.  I have to go to Dr. today for my left leg.  I had surgery on it at some point, but it is not working well, so hopefully the Dr. can find something to fix it.

I'm not very bright this morning, can't seem to get going so will sign off and wish you all well, BJ.

10/04/2023 10:05 am  #34

PS.....I ADDED THE CHICKEN AND DRESSING CASSEROLE RECIPE TO MY BLOG.

10/04/2023 10:21 am  #35

Sunny and warm, 79 out.
Ralph searched for hours, and went out after dark with a black light, no go. He called, and they ordered him a new one, will cost the $300 deductible. 
We went to the library and to the outlet mall, my undies were all prepandemic and very worn, so got new ones. 

Leftovers for dinner.

10/04/2023 3:29 pm  #36

Linda, thank you for your kindness about Sandy. It has left a hole in my heart. Molly and Gracie are a big comfort to me. 

Judy, Sadie Grace is 5 and Caleb is 6. All I know is what Hannah told me when I texted her..it's just a virus. She did test negative for Covid. Her oxygen drops when they remove it, so I don't know what type of virus or how long she will be there. G&E didn't ask me if I wanted to go to the hospital with them & I think it's because they're trying to protect me from any germs, lol. Emily knows I faithfully wore a mask to protect myself, while they never did wear a mask. I guess I'm probably a little paranoid about catching something, lol! 

I haven't worked on my Fall wallhanging today. I'll get in there after dinner. I have some green tomatoes I want to add to some squash and zucchini. I don't always eat meat with a meal. I love veggies. 

Happy anniversary, Sandie! 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/04/2023 3:37 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/04/2023 4:56 pm  #37

Yes, the table and chair finally arrived at 6:30 pm.  Professional movers, they were not.  DH refused to be available in any shape and form…just said , don’t let them wreck the stairs, the walls, the railing, etc. 
It was the shop owners son and grandson.  After a lot of huffing and puffing, they finally got it upstairs.  They didn’t have any tools, not even a knife to open the cartons.  I had to get them from DH who refused to come up.  The table is very nice and from what I’ve seen is ok.  The chair which is supposed to be multi positional, doesn’t seem to want to budge.  I’ll go to the shop tomorrow and tell her.  they finally left at 7:30 and I started to make dinner, we ate at about 9.   
    Today, was another messed up day. We had to bring my car to the shop for tomorrow’s appt.  The plan was to drop it off and go to dinner.  DH said we weren’t going out and if I didn’t want to cook, we’d get Mexican takeout.  We did.  I looked at the order and something’s are wrong.  That’s why I hate getting takeout.
Its been a rough two days. 🙁

Last edited by Missmommy (10/04/2023 4:57 pm)

10/04/2023 11:46 pm  #38

Devonne, I'm so sorry you lost your pup!    And how awful about your ggd being in the hospital, bless her little heart!  I pray 🙏🏻 they get to the bottom of it soon and she's quickly on the mend!

Janet, yikes!  That was a late delivery and dinner!   I hope you have resolved the issues with the chair!

QB, I hope your neighbor brings you many wonderful veggies next summer!  I'm sure he greatly appreciated the gardening supplies you gave him. I'm sure it was difficult to come to the decision to give up your spot, but I know you didn't make it lightly, so I'm sure it's for the best.  Hugs!

DH called from work and as usual, I lost my train of thought!  I'll try to get back tomorrow and at least say hello!  I generally view myself as a positive and upbeat person, but I've been in such a funk!  I'm trying to shake it off and pull myself out of it, and reading about all of you and chatting here will help! 

I think a lot of it is because of the many losses I've experienced in under 3 years. At any rate, I've decided to limit news for a bit until I get myself perked up. After all, I cannot solve or change all the problems of this crazy messed up world all by myself!    So, for myself, for my family, and for the sake of those around me, I'll get back out of this funk! 🙏🏻 I'll start by listing the things I'm grateful and thankful for each day, of which there are many! 🙏🏻👍🏻  It's a start! 

I hope you are well! 

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

10/05/2023 8:18 am  #39

GOOD MORNING!

LAPTOP IS BEING CONTRARY, SO SHUT DOWN FOR AWHILE. WILL TRY TO GET ON IT LATER ON.

THINKING OF EVERYONE.  PRAYERS...................

strings

10/05/2023 9:23 am  #40

So I went to the quilt shop and asked about the chair adjuster. She took me over to the display chair and couldn’t get it to do anything but go up and down?  So the same deal as mine.  She said she’s going to call the rep and talk to him.  I could have, should have just bought a chair from Staples or OfficeMax probably for a lot less.   
    I had to take the truck. The thing is a beast.  Hard to park, etc.  I can’t believe I used to drive it all the time to work, etc when we were in NY.  I have driven it in about 7 years.  Good thing it wasn’t raining, I couldn’t remember where the wiper were.  Lol.
    It already promises to be another one of those days. 

Board footera