OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/24/2023 4:17 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY OCT 1 ~ SAT OCT 7

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/01/2023 1:59 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 1 ~ SAT OCT 7

Can you believe it's October!?🤪

I'll try to get back here Tuesday and read, but for now, happy Sunday and have a great week! 🙏🏻❤️🤗

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/01/2023 2:24 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

10/01/2023 2:46 am  #3

THANKS DIANE. It's Sunday night and still really hot, going to be that way for a few days still YUK YUK!! You know how I hate summer. and it feels like we are right into it, supposed to be cooler next week, I hope so, the final exams for the Year 12 kids start Oct 11 (called Higher School Certificate or HSC) 

JANET sounds like a busy time for you! That event sounds really busy, more like a conference, do people take machines and sew there? I like our small retreat, last one was 18, next could be 24, but always seems a few pull out with sickness etc at the last minute!

SANDRA how is the jaw, soup would be welcome for your house mates, I enjoy someone giving me food, doesn't happen often though. I guess losing 75c isn't too bad, just if it keeps happening it's not so much fun.

DEVONNE getting the smaller designs is good for the shirts, trying to get the seams sewn down again isn't always easy, I have an overlocker, so I would do that, just easier to find smaller designs. Can you find Lgo ones, or the little animal ones the kids love Picachu ?SP? 

Hope that THERESA is doing OK and keeping sane LOL

HOLLY you are getting lots of the blankets made, they will be welcome, everyone likes to snuggle under a blanket/rug/quilt. Are they all acrylic or some wool? I still haven't finished the thing for Megan, and it's too late now to wear it, at least I can get it finished before next winter LOL

I had a busy day Friday, int to meet my sis, it's along weekend here, and the traffic was so bad coming home, took me 2 1/2 hours and it should have been 1 hour. I was so tired, then couldn't sleep that night.
Sat was training, then another class doing "rolling of fascia" kind of rolling near muscles to loosen everything up, so it was later when I got home, then the Mr came in and had damaged his wrist ( I suspect  he hit  the top of his bowling bag in a fit of temper - he was in a bad mood, too hot and he didn't play well) so he tossed and turned, got up, went back to bed etc all night, so tonight I am really, really tired. John is home with the dogs, I sent him food on Friday night, and he didn't want anything last night or tonight, EXCEPT the chocolate mousse I made, so Poppy took him that.
He worked Fri and Sat night, and he will watch the footy finals tonight. 

M & G and Dean are down the river with Scott/Cathy and clan, ALSO down at the same place this time are Chal, Kristen and their families so the girls had a catch up. They all decided they might join us for dinner next Friday, so I have asked M to let me know so I can book a table, ours is always reserved for us. If they all come it could be 12 or so YIKES! We'll need to book into the large dining room. I assume that both John and Chloe will be working.

Tomorrow isn't going to be as hot as today, but Tuesday is going to be over 100, Today was almost 100, just nudging it LOL the A/C has been on most of the day, running on soar power thank goodness.

I did the washing today as well, 2 loads, each load is about an hour, the first was dry when the second load finished LOL

I am heading to bed, daylight saving started last night, I hate it, I keep thinking it's an hour earlier (and it is sun wise LOL ) I just have to get over it! 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/01/2023 8:24 am  #4

Sandra, new show on Animal Planet, Wardens of the North. Maybe park rangers? I have it set to record.

Trish, all acrylic. Great to snuggle under! 

10/01/2023 8:24 am  #5

CAN YOU BELIEVE ANOTHER MONTH HAS SKATED PAST.   YES, ITS OCTOBER.  TIME FOR GHOSTS AND PUMPKINS AND LITTLE GOBLINS.

WE HAVE SUNSHINE AND NICE WEATHER HERE.  SHOULD BE MID-70S THIS AFTERNOON.  
I HARVESTED 3 SLICERS AND A DOZEN CHERRY TOMATOES YESTERDAY AND THEY ARE STILL PRODUCING.  THEY SHOULD UNTIL THE FIRST FROST BUT NITES ARE HOLDING IN THE 40S SO NO FROST IN SIGHT.
MY KNEE IS BETTER TODAY.  MAYBE ITS THE EXERCISE THAT IS DOING THE DAMAGE TO MY KNEE.  I WILL REFRAIN FROM LEG EXERCISES FOR AWHILE AND SEE IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

I STILL HAVE LEFTOVERS TO EAT.  YOU KNOW, WHEN ONE IS LAID UP AND UNABLE TO HOBBLE AROUND ONE TENDS TO EAT MORE.  I DID SOME DAMAGE LAST NITE WHILE WATCHING TV.  CHIPS AND SODA AND CHEDDAR CHEESE ALONG WITH EXTRA PIZZAS SLICES.  TODAY I AM TYING MY HANDS DOWN.  I PUT THE CHIPS OUT OF SIGHT AND THE CANDY IS HIDING IN THE FRIDGE.  I WILL WATCH MY INTAKE BETTER TODAY.
I PLAN TO DO SOME SEWING.  I HAVE PULLED FABRIC FOR THE HALLOWEEN WH AND WILL PRESS IT WHEN DONE HERE.  THEN I CAN START SEWING.  I ALSO SEE THAT MY PINK IRIS GARDEN ONLY NEEDS A COUPLE MORE PIECES OUTLINED IN BLACK BEFORE I CAN START LAYERING.  I HAVE THAT OUT IN CASE I HAVE TIME.

SANDIE......I SEE YOU HAVE AN ANNIVERSARY SOON, ON OCT 3RD.  IF YOU ARE CHECKING IN, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.  I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR DAY.

HOLLY.....YES, THANKS, I HAVE SEEN ONE.  ITS THE WARDENS IN MICHIGAN OR MINNESOTA, I FORGET WHICH.  THEY DO LOTS ON THE WATER.  I, TOO, AM RECORDING THEM.

EVERYTHING ELSE IN MY DAY IS DULL SO I WILL SAY SEE YA LATER.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/01/2023 10:18 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/01/2023 9:26 am  #6

Good Morning, not sure what is wrong with my computer, but I have to have the caps lock, maybe I messed with it, but I'm doing fine now!!!  The sun is shining, but it's very still outside and it is 41*, not so great!!  But we'll survive, I'm sure.  Hope everyone is well, Frank and Tracy are still sleeping, but I'm up and dressed, done my exercises, so I'm ready to go!

We went out yesterday, had an ice cream, yum, so delicious!!!  Tracy went to pick some flowers and Rhonda came and picked some, too.  Then she joined us for an ice cream!  Quite a day.  Then we came home in time to watch the Mariners game, they lost!!  Bummer!!  Believe they play today, then the season is over.  Too bad, we really enjoyed watching them play.

No plans for the day, I have my coffee, time to go check on Frank, see if he's awake and take him some coffee.  It is completely cool outside, not a leaf is stirring.  It is very cloudy up high, but the sun is out somewhat.  Well, I'm sorry but I must go check on Frank so will check in again tomorrow,  hope you all have a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/03/2023 3:12 am)

10/01/2023 11:43 am  #7

I had excruciating back pain last night. Tylenol took care of it and it's almost gone today. I moved a heavy cabinet in the living room so I could swap out lamps. Will wait on Greg the next time. 

Trish, the embroidery machine covers all the raw seams with a satin stitch. Getting ready to look for an applique to buy. I do know you use Lite Heat & Bond to adhere the fabric pieces, then trim them close to the sewing stitch.

I have one more shirt to embroider for Caleb. I'll get that done today and take them over there. It's been months since I've been there. I really prefer to be invited, but they just say come anytime. I don't go more often because I don't know when/if Gary is taking a nap. 

Holly, can you get cotton yarn for afghans? 

I ordered Tylenol at midnight from Amazon and it was here at 9 am this morning. I also ordered a Bona premium floor mop. I do love my steamer but sometimes I need something for a quick pickup. I saw a lady using it on You Tube. I like that you just lay the pad on the floor and it attaches to the mop. Supposedly, that's how it works, lol.

I watched the finale of AGT last night. The dog and his owner were amazing! I don't know about a dog act in Vegas though. Seems like that would be hard to put a dog through all those shows.

Last edited by DownSouth (10/01/2023 11:44 am)

D e v o n n e

10/01/2023 8:11 pm  #8

Trish- the Symposium is all classes and workshops. You bring your own machine and supplies. There are nationally known teachers. It’s a bit pricey but a great time. They do have a room set aside for personal sewing. But most people don’t use it. There are lectures and trunk shows, silent auctions, etc in the evenings.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/03/2023 3:12 am)

10/01/2023 8:16 pm  #9

Devonne, I have had my Black and Decker iron for years.  I, too, will not pay the price for an expensive iron.  Perhaps if I did some serious quilting I would, but I do not even do that these days; mostly straight line stitching.    I have made several scrap quilts and have enjoyed the process since it requires zero thinking.  Plus it is reducing my scrap drawers.  The animals will like the quilts.  I may take a few to the teen pregnancy center but I have not put any batting in between the layers, so they are blankets.  But, they probably would like them.  I put flannel on the back and they are pretty snuggly.

My DIL had a surprise 80th birthday for her dad.  We did not go and I thought they may be a little annoyed with us, but they stopped by before heading back to Columbus.  Her dad did not want to go and the party was for him!  lol!!  Dean and I trimmed several bushes and trees and had to clean up all the cuttings.

Dean is restoring and old car and that is taking a lot of his time, but he is enjoying the process.  He is even going to paint it so he has been sanding and sanding the body.

Made sloppy joe for supper along with veggies and hummus.  Our local store, Giant Eagle, sells a Thai Chili Hummus and it is delicious.  We had Aaron, Katie and the kids over last  night and had a bonfire and made cheddar brauts over the fire.  It was a nice evening to sit by the fire.  We have a nice fire pit in the back yard.  The boys made it 22 years ago when we moved into this house.

Take care all.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/03/2023 3:11 am)

10/02/2023 8:49 am  #10

FYI.......I, TOO HAVE HAD MY BLACK AND DECKER IRON FOR YEARS.  LOVED THE ONE BEFORE THIS ONE, TOO.  IT WORKS GREAT AND SHUTS OFF AUTOMATICALLY.  DOES NOT LEAK EITHER.  WHAT MORE COULD ONE ASK OF A TRUSTY IRON.

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE SO NO COMPLAINTS ON THAT SCORE.  PLANS FOR THE DAY INCLUDE TRYING A NEW CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE I FOUND ONLINE BUT THIS ONE IN AN 8 BY 8 PAN SO NOT AS MUCH TO SHARE WITH OTHERS.  ITS A CHICKEN AND DRESSING RECIPE AND SINCE I HAVE A BOX OF STOVE TOP STUFFING THAT NEEDS USING UP, THOUGHT IT WOULD DO THE TRICK.  CHICKEN BREASTS ARE DEFROSTED SO A PERFECT DISH FOR TODAY.  A SMALL SALAD WILL TOP IT OFF.
IN THE MEANTIME I THOUGHT A POACHED EGG ON ENGLISH MUFFIN FOR LUNCH AND THE LAST 2 SMALL PIECES OF PIZZA FOR A SNACK SOMETIME LATER ON.
I WATCHED JOHN WAYNE IN THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY LAST NITE.  I LOVE SOME OF HIS PICTURES, MY FAVORITE BEING HATARI WITH RED BUTTONS.  LOVELY MOVIE MADE IN AFRICA WITH BABY ELEPHANTS WHICH INSPIRED THE SONG ELEPHANT WALK.  ANYWAY RIGHT NOW RIO BRAVO IS PLAYING.  I AM WAITING FOR THE SONGS WITH DEAN MARTIN AND RICKY NELSON IN THIS ONE. DOESN'T IT SOUND LIKE I HAVE AN EXCITING LIFE?  NO, WELL, YOU ARE RIGHT, BUT ITS PLEASANT ENOUGH.
DID SOME TACKING OF BITS IN PLACE WITH MY LATEST WH AND WILL CONTINUE THAT TODAY.  

YAY, MY KNEE FEELS EVEN BETTER TODAY.  I AM SURE ITS THE USE OR RATHER NON-USE OF IT THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.  NO MORE LEG EXERCISES EXCEPT MY WALKING IN THE HALL IN FUTURE.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/02/2023 9:02 am)

10/02/2023 9:51 am  #11

Good Morning, it is 53* outside this morning, very still, it rained overnight.  Gloria is coming to clean this morning.  That will be nice to have done.  Plus, she's a very nice person and we enjoy having her around for awhile!! 

I have a headache this morning, so will be brief.  Can't seem to even think so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

10/02/2023 10:51 am  #12

We went food shopping, not my favorite activity but I had a long list. Mondays Veterans save 5%. I bought a beautiful bouquet of mums for on the counter. 

It’s nice out, mid 70’s and sunny. I have windows open. Leftovers of the stuffed shells and meatballs for dinner.

10/02/2023 1:46 pm  #13

Haven't done a thing today, but I'm getting ready to do Caleb's second shirt. I always buy my designs at Emb. Library, but they didn't have anything for children. I found a monster truck at Emb. Designs that he will love. 

Cheryl, are you enjoying retirement? Do you find there's not enough hours in the day to do everything you had planned, lol? 

Janet, I doubt I would like guilds. I like working at my own pace and I don't like interruptions. If my back starts hurting, I can quit any time I want and go back later. I can go lay down if I need to. I couldn't do all the lifting that is necessary.

Sandra, enjoy your movies. We know what our limitations are; however, sometimes I step over the boundaries of what I should be doing, lol. I love trying new recipes. I hope yours is good!

The long tray is going to work out well for me when I do embroidery. It forces me to put up the thread from the last design before I start a new design. When I first started embroidery, I didn't match the bobbin thread to the upper thread color, but I quickly saw what a difference it made when I did the "All Hearts Come Home for Christmas" block. I used the same bobbin color in the word "Christmas" and it really stood out. 

These are the colors I need for the spiderman design. The blue color is already in the machine. I had more breakage with the Sulky thread, so I'm buying Isacord, Madeira or Robison Anton next. Someone recommended I try United Thread Company...that they have great prices.

These are the next projects...not sure it will be today. After I finish these two wallhangings, I'll get back to putting the Christmas blocks together.

Last edited by DownSouth (10/02/2023 1:54 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/02/2023 2:56 pm  #14

Devonne, the only cotton yarn I’m familiar with is thinner and coarser, I’ve seen dishcloths made from it.

10/02/2023 3:27 pm  #15

Finally getting here, today.  It's like mid-summer outside.  Howard mowed and weed whacked and I trimmed the ivy, fixed it in my plant stand and brought some inside and arranged it in various containers.  I know it's fall and I should be decorating with fall-ish items, but the ivy, just in water, will last a long time.  

It's been a difficult few days/wks.   I lost my pal and former sister-in-law, Anita, yesterday morning.   ML and Bill drove to Indpls. on Thursday to bid her beloved aunt farewell from all of us.  She's had Parkinson's for years, got Covid about 3 wks. ago and just couldn't overcome the two.  We were friends before her brother divorced me and continued to be for all this time.  She welcomed Howard into the family when we were married and couldn't have treated him better.  A special blessing...  one of Anita's best and  lifelong friends, up here, had also been suffering and was expected to go any time.  She died only hours before on Sat. night.  I believe they are together, rejoicing.    There are no services at this time as per Anita's wishes.  (thankfully!) as...
We are preparing for our turn having the small group on Friday.  I've slipped a bit in my housekeeping and have more to pick up, etc. than I did for a long time.  My fault and now I'm paying for it.  Have a recipe for stromboli sandwiches that ML says is good...new to me...but I trust her judgment.  So will be making those.  I didn't write it down and can't remember what I served last time.  Might have been sloppy joes, so am sort of repeating, but so be it!  Nobody's critcal so it doesn't matter. 
Guess what?  Howard's asking about supper so I need to go and heat up our leftovers.  Sorry, I never mentioned anyone here.  But, I've caught up reading and am thinking of all of you as I type.  Love you and will be back later.
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (10/02/2023 3:38 pm)

10/02/2023 5:18 pm  #16

JUDY.......I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS OF YOUR DEAR FRIEND.  SHE WAS YOUR TRUE FRIEND FOR MANY YEARS.  CONDOLENCES.

DEVONNE......I JUST LOVE THAT CAT AND PUMPKIN DESIGN.  THANKS FOR THE IDEA FOR ANOTHER HALLOWEEN WH.   I LIKE THE BATS IN THE DISTANCE.  I MAY MAKE SOMETHING ALONG THAT IDEA FOR NEXT HALLOWEEN.

SORRY LADIES, I MADE AN ERROR.  ONLY THE FIRST OF MANY I'M SURE.  SANDIE'S ANNIVERSARY DATE IS THE 4TH NOT THE 3RD.  I FIXED IT ON OUR SPECIAL DATES THREAD.  

TIL TOMORROW.  HUGS, QB S 

10/02/2023 5:35 pm  #17

Judy, condolences on the  loss of your dear friend.  My Sister in law passed a year ago October 23 and she wanted no services.  Her kids took some criticism from people because of it, but they were following their mom's wishes.

Devonne, cute Halloween/fall projects.  The thread for the Spiderman is very vibrant and colorful.  Isn't it getting very expensive to do any kind of crafting these days?  Fabric is expensive, thread is way more expensive than I want to spend and don't get me started on the cost of a batting.  BUT, I get such pleasure/relaxation out of it so I will keep buying.  If you want to look at Kelli's daughter's FB page here is the link:http://www.facebook.com/jessi.thomas1  It should take you to her page.  She is the spitting image of Kelli when Kelli was younger.

It was a lovely 80 degrees today and supposed to be that way until the weekend.  Then a high of 55.  I will enjoy it while the sunshine lasts. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/03/2023 3:11 am)

10/02/2023 7:03 pm  #18

Cheryl, thanks for the link. I think she looks a lot like Bill. Did he ever remarry? He seemed like such a nice guy.

Judy, so sorry you lost your former SIL. Don't overdo it on the cooking and the housework. Maybe you could suggest once a month for the small group meetings if it's every Friday.

I didn't start the wallhangings today. The shirts are finished for the kids. I have so many of these wallhangings. My plan (2 years ago, lol) was to hang a rod in the living room, get them made and swap them out when I wanted to...hasn't happened yet!

I made cabbage soup for dinner and cooked a lb. of bacon in the oven. The bacon is for breakfast and BLT's this week. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/02/2023 7:04 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/03/2023 3:10 am  #19

INDY I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend, as we get older ourselves our numbers are dwindling, it's life I guess, but  difficult all the same, you will miss her friendship. ((((hugs))))

SANDRA you seem to have found your food intake to suit you, good for you! I agree, walking less and NOT using the knees - no point in asking for pain. 

DEVONNE they are cute, I love the cat watching the birds LOL the wheelbarrow is a good one to, I didn't know you could do satin stitch on the emb machine. I love my cabbage steamed, and with bacon added, AND  a little worstershire sauce - same as for brussels sprouts!

JANET thanks for the info, sounds like our big quilt show, except you book in for the shows, demos. And they supply the machines. I haven't been to our quilt shows this year, one was on a few weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing the one in Birmingham next year.

BJ is your caps lock off yet, get one of the girls to check when they come, meanwhile I can always adjust your post to larger. Stay well, and rest if you don't feel well, hope your headache improves ((((hugs))))

HOLLY I have seen some nice soft cotton, but it's not thick, I made some face cloths from it. Washs up really well, just not good for afghans. I don't do much crochet, I can't seem to follow a pattern properly. I think I count wrong for the end of rows.

CHERYL thanks for adding the link for Jessi, if you don't have FB it won't work though, she is so pretty,, and I am really glad she lost that weight. I love hummus, we can get a beetroot one now, it's yum, you can make your own easily, just chick peas, tahini, oil garlic and ?? I've forgotten. Oh yes, lemon juice. 

I had training this morning, it was heading to 100 when we finished, too h9ot for this early in the season, the A/C is still running, not cooling off much tonight, and will be hot till later afternoon tomorrow, I have been doing a little sewing to keep me occupied.

Megan came around for shower last night, their water heater was replaced today, they will have hot water in the morning, the boys had cold showers, better them then me, and it's really hard to wash your hair in a cold shower, she hasn't come in tonight, maybe she will wait till tomorrow, or the water might be hot enough already.

Noting else to report.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/03/2023 3:13 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/03/2023 4:41 am  #20

Judy- sorry for your loss.
Devonne- the guild meetings are generally boring and I rarely go, but in most cases you have to be a member to attend the retreats.  I like the retreats because they are basically non stop sewing. You can take a break anytime and sew 24/7 if you want.  All meals are prepared, usually buffet.  When some of the ladies complain about the food, I remind them…You didn’t have to plan it, shop for it, cook it, or clean up, so stop complaining!  Lol.  Frankly, the food is usually pretty good. 
   Gotta run.  Going to the gym and then to the eye dr with DH.  I think they may deliver my table late today.

Board footera