OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/12/2023 7:59 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 8 ~ SAT OCT 14

Devonne, your decorations are lovely! 

Judy, we have either 4 or 6 ferals, depending on the day. Daisy and Lucy are sometimes at our house, sometimes 2 houses down. Lucy and Friday are always here. George comes occasionally, and there’s a black cat that we don’t know if it’s feral or someone’s cat who likes to visit for a meal. 

I saw that there was a poll to determine the least liked accent, and Boston won (or lost, depending on how you look at it.) 

10/13/2023 7:04 am  #42

I AM ORIGINALLY BORN AND STARTED IN MASSACHUSETTS SO I STILL DROP MY R'S EVEN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.  I PAHK MY CAHR.  TO ME ITS NOT AN ACCENT.  JUST ME.

ITS A SUNNY DAY ONCE AGAIN.  LOVELY OUT.  WINDOWS OPEN FO' THE FRESH 60S AIR.  NOTHING EXCITING WILL HAPPEN FOR ME TODAY.  I AM GOING TO MAKE A SMALL 9 BY 9 CASSEROLE WITH MY FAVORITE GARLIC POTATOES WITH MY 2 PORK CHOPS TODAY INCLUDING SOME CARROTS IN THE MIX.  NOT ENOUGH TO SHARE THOUGH, JUST ENOUGH FOR ME AND 3 OR 4 SMALL MEALS I THINK WITH HALF A CHOP PER MEAL.
I WILL BE PULLING THE FABRIC FOR MY WINTER GOLDFISH DOORHANGING TODAY, I HOPE, AND MAYBE STARTING SOME SEWING.  IT MAY NOT HAPPEN WITH MY HEAD FLOATING A BIT TODAY.  I HATE DOING THINGS WHEN THE HEAD IS ACTING UP.

I THOUGHT I HAD SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY BUT IT FLEW OUT OF MY HEAD SO WILL CLOSE FOR NOW.  BE SAFE MY FRIENDS.
3 NICE THINGS TODAY:
1.  I AM FEELING HEALTHY WITH HARDLY ANY KNEE PAIN.
2.  THE SUN IS BRIGHT AND MAKES ME SMILE.
3.  I HAVE FOUND THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR ON MY CHANNELS.  I ALWAYS LIKED THAT SHOW AND THOUGHT EDWARD MULHARE A HANDSOME GHOST CAPTAIN.

HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (10/13/2023 7:12 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/13/2023 9:41 am  #43

Good Morning to everyone, it is very still outside, except up high, where the leaves are bouncing around.  Beautiful morning, almost 50*.  I have no plans for the day, except for staying on the computer for awhile.  I am very stupid this morning, can't seem to do much.  Frank is still sleeping, so will stay quiet!

Coffee tastes good this morning, along with my breakfast balls.  I really don't have anything to say, so will sign off and wish you all well, BJ.

10/13/2023 2:51 pm  #44

Here are three things I’m thankful for today, which also tells you a little about my week.

I’m thankful that Lynn is nearing the end of her chemo treatments and that they seem to be doing what we hoped.

I’m thankful for good friends including those I spent most of the week with at a quilt retreat.

I’m thankful that I had a great husband who not only took good care of me for 55 years but also planned in such a way that I am financially independent in my “old age.”

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/13/2023 8:47 pm)

10/13/2023 9:17 pm  #45

Oh WOW! SANDRA I love that movie, I might search it out as well, He was perfect in the part, and the little girl at the end when she said she always knew he was there.
Small casserole sounds good, I have  HUGE pot of spaghetti sauce cooking, the boys will eat tons of it LOL

JANET there was a protest in Sydney, horrible people, they move here because they don't like the fighting in their own countries, and then do the same cr*p here. it was an ugly scene and they have been widely condemned. When you see interviews with them though they are convinced that theirs is the only way and they are right.
I am just so sad for all the people there, I can't see an end to the conflict,  and it's awful

HOLLY hope your back feels better, I had a bit of a sore one, too much sitting at the sewing machine yesterday. I did a lot of stretching and it's good today. I find if I sit for long periods of time it really affects me

BJ are you still eating those protein balls, they are really good aren't they.

MARYLOU those are 3 really good things, and I can imagine that Lyn is never far from your thoughts. (((hugs)))

DEVONNE your decorations look lovely, I love how you all decorate, we only do Christmas, and this year the lights are still up, I only need to turn them on LOL easy peasy for me this year. I do have a tree to put up, but I bought very large bows to put on it this time, I saw a tree decorated with just large bows, and it looked fabulous, so trying that out.

INDY I was thinking about Andrew last night, Dean seems to have Andrews drive to succeed. He needs an almost perfect score to do the university course he wants. He would like to do Engineering - Space engineering, it's an Honours course only available in one uni in Sydney. He can do it, but it's going to be tough. If they do an advanced entry like John has it might be OK. I think the score needed is higher than Vets (and they are pretty much the highest here, higher than Drs. 

We had to vote in our referendum today, we could have voted early, but I was at the school anyway for training. I'm glad it's over, I think it's been an ugly campaign. The disappointing bit was there have been very few schools running their usual sausage sizzle and cake stall. We call them Democracy sausage sandwiches, LOL cooked sausages on the Bbq with onions if you want and sauce of choice. The campaign has been unpleasant, and many people voted early, so I guess the schools thought there wouldn't be enough people on the day, they would be right, I went before training, usually a big queue, but walked right in.

Dean came to the club with me last night, then I waited at their place till John got home from work. I was very happy with D, he had no phone out all night and chatted to Gary (and us) the whole time, he has lovely manners, I was thinking the boys might come here for dinner, but they feel it would be a pain to bring the dogs, and I noticed that John has set up on their dining room table, with laptop, and past exam papers for Maths. So I'll  just take everything around to them later.

I am glad of a beautiful day here, sunny and slight breeze. Just perfect.
Also - like MaryLou I am glad we have enough to live comfortably in our old age.
And I am very glad I finished training this morning, it was hard, and my arms are tired, but it means I am using my muscles.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/14/2023 8:53 am  #46

TRISH......I REMEMBER WATCHING THE MOVIE OF MRS MUIR.  THE ONE I'M WATCHING NOW IS THE TV SERIES WITH EDWARD MULHARE, HOPE LANGE, AND CHARLES NELSON REILLY.  I AM ENJOYING IT.

MARYLOU......I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR LYNNE IS DOING SO WELL WITH HER CHEMO AND ABOUT DONE WITH THIS STEP AND ITS LOOKIN' GOOD.  THUMBS UP.

I WAS HUNTING OUT FABRICS AND WANTED SOME OF MY SATINY PRINT FOR MY BABY DRAGON BUT COULD NOT FIND ANY AT ALL.  I LOOKED AND LOOKED IN MY STASH.  I THOUGHT I SHOULD LOOK IN THE FABRIC AND SUPPLY TOTES IN MY WALK-IN CLOSET. I DRAGGED THEM ALL OUT AND CHECKED.  NOPE.  WHILE EVERYTHING WAS OUT I THOUGHT IT BEST TO REORGANIZE AND DRAW A PLAN OF WHAT IS WHERE SO I CAN FIND THINGS EASIER NEXT TIME.  WAS ABLE TO TOSS A FEW THINGS AND CLEAR OUT 3 PLASTIC TOTES COMPLETELY.  I EVEN SET MY SLEEVELESS DRESSES TO THE REAR AND LONGER SLEEVES TOWARD THE FRONT.  IT WAS A LONG LABOR WITH MANY BREAKS IN BETWEEN SINCE MY HEAD WAS A BIT LOFTY.  THAT MADE ME RUNING LATE FOR SUPPER SO I TABLED THE CASSEROLE I PLANNED AND MADE A FAVORITE OF MINE, ITALIAN GARLIC POTATOES WITH MY 2 PORK CHOPS.  THEY WERE SOOO GOOD I NEARLY HAD SECONDS, BUT SAT ON MY HANDS TIL THE MOOD PASSED.  STILL, WHEN I PUT THE MAKIN'S AWAY IN THE FRIDGE, I COULD NOT HELP BUT GRAB ONE MORE SLICE OF POTATO.  MMMM GOOD.  THE CHOPS WERE SO TENDER AND TASTY (I BROWNED AND SEASONED THEM A BIT FIRST BEFORE PUTTING IN THE OVEN) AND BY CUTTING THEM IN HALF I WILL HAVE 4 MEALS FROM THAT PAN.
I AM STILL FINISHING UP MY CLOSET AND THE PLANS.  NEARLY DONE.  I HAVE LOTS IN THERE AND SOME THINGS I FORGOT I HAD LIKE THE LOVELY SET OF 8 XMAS CAROUSEL DRINKING GLASSES I'VE STASHED AWAY FOR YEARS AND THE GEORGE FOREMAN GRILLE AND LARGE TURKEY BAKING PAN AND A FRAPPE MAKER.  I USED TO LOVE MY FRAPPES.  I WILL BE TAKING THE GLASSES OUT TO USE.  ITS NOW OR NEVER.
I AM THINKING MAYBE THE SILKY FABRICS (I HAD SEVERAL IN LOVELY COLORS), WERE SO SLIPPERY THEY SLID BEHIND MY STASH IN MY 2 LARGE FABRIC CUPBOARDS.  I WILL HAVE TO TAKE THEM ALL OUT AND CHECK LATER.  AND RE-ORGANIZE A BIT MORE. I THINK.

ANOTHER SUNNY AND BRIGHT DAY IN THE 60S TODAY.  LOVING IT.  MY WINDOWS ARE OPEN FOR THE FRESH AIR OFF THE RIVER.  
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 
I AM THANKFUL FOR....
1.  A LOVELY DAY TO ENJOY.
2.  FOR A STASH THAT WILL KEEP ME GOING FOR YEARS.
3.  FOR FRIENDS LIKE YOU TO TELL MY TROUBLES TO WITHOUT REGRET.

Last edited by quiltbea (10/14/2023 9:14 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/14/2023 9:36 am  #47

Good Morning to everyone.  Yes, I'm still having protein balls for breakfast, I have two each morning, yummy!!  It is very still outside this morning, sunny and 60*.  I think I'll have to change my shirt this morning, it is very warm and I have on a fairly heavy shirt.

I wish I had something interesting to share with you all this morning, but not so!!  I just live a very boring life.  Sit at the computer most of the morning, then watch TV in the afternoon and evening.  I can't be up very much, my legs just won't hold me.  Rhonda finally got the TVs running again, so that's a good thing.  We went out yesterday and had an ice cream, very yummy!!

Rhonda took us for a drive, which was very nice.  Then she headed home.  George's wife, Tammy, made us a dish for dinner, very nice.  So we had that for the evening.  It's so nice to have neighbors that care for us.  Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

10/14/2023 11:22 am  #48

A dreary day here, in the 50’s. My back is about 85% of normal, still using heat and Advil. I did a blog post with a pic of Mocha’s Afghan. 

Ralph is napping, it’s that kind of day. 

10/14/2023 5:17 pm  #49

Trish, I saw the referendum about the aboriginal people failed. Can you explain why it was an issue?

10/14/2023 7:37 pm  #50

I am beyond exhausted. I bought a queen frame/bed in box from Amazon. Put it together myself. Frame was easy, but time consuming. Rearranged living room...love it! Greg said it looks a lot bigger. The only room left is Allie's room. Smell must be under the bed, so the mattress needs to be removed and the carpet shampooed and deodorized. I'll do this one day next week, vacuum my sewing room & I'm finished with everything. May need to call in carpet professional if what I do doesn't work.

I made it to Goodwill today to unload my vehicle. I was too tired to drive to Salvation Army. I'm spending the day with Carter Monday and he had no room to sit! It took 2 people to unload my vehicle.

Things I am thankful for - 
No worries about money issues and live comfortably. 
Thankful I wasn't diagnosed with cancer.
Thankful I am still able to do housework & do more than I should. Thankful for ODT, Trish & Diana for keeping us going. I have been here 9 years this month!

Holly, I'll look at your blog tomorrow. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/14/2023 7:38 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera