OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/10/2023 9:46 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 8 ~ SAT OCT 14

Good Morning to everyone.   Seems like everyone is very busy, but I guess that is a good thing.  It is rainy and windy this morning, only 58* for now.  I'm sure that will increase a little later on.  Flies are still a big problem here right now, they are everywhere!!  Hate having them around.

Have no plans for the day, Sharon will be here to do some things, not sure what yet!  I do have a mix out for her to make, so we have something sweet to add to our meals.   Rhonda will be here after work to fix us something to eat, not sure what yet.  She may clean out the refrigerator for us tonight, then something new tomorrow.  Well, I have nothing more to say so will sign off.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, and stay well, Love you all, BJ.

10/10/2023 11:57 am  #22

BJ, I hope you have a wonderful day too!

Cheryl, I don't like the scary stuff either...no spiders/spider webs, no skeletons, skulls or ghosts. Have you seen all the scary stuff at Home Depot? I've never decorated with Halloween stuff. I only have Fall related stuff and pumpkins. 

Theresa, I can't do the dippy eggs either. I did read you will be there for the estate sale, so ignore my question, lol. How long does it take you to get to your Mom's location? Is the traffic heavy? Thanks for the updates on the kids and what they are all doing. 

Trish, I know how you feel about W's sister and can't really say anything. I felt the same way when my sister went into the nursing home. I felt like Melena could have taken care of her (I thought she could have "at that time." She didn't want the responsibility and often was a basket case herself, crying hysterically.) However, it wasn't my decision and I had to bite my tongue and stay out of it. I got texts from my sister's ex-DIL and also from her best friend who were "pis__ed" at Melena. They wanted me to come up there and intervene to get her released. Her ex-DIL said she "knew for a fact" that Melena was making Shelby's insulin shots ahead of time and not keeping them in the fridge. I told her she needed to call someone in authority who could check this out. What could I do from GA? Melena had Power of Attorney. What bothered me was how Melena got her transferred there from the hospital for "therapy to strengthen her legs," knowing what her full intent was. She transferred her by ambulance because she knew Sis wouldn't go otherwise. She hired an attorney to get Sis on Medicaid; otherwise, she would have to bring her back home because the cost was too much. She used Sis's money from her bank account to pay for this attorney and had to "empty" all of her savings, showing she owned nothing. I even gave some thought on moving her down here to live with me, but she didn't want to be away from her grandchildren (who never visit her at the nursing home), and my sons said I couldn't take care of her. Now that I know more facts, Sis is where she needs to be and I'm at peace with it now. Melena suffers from depression, is a diabetic and can't even take care of herself. She is mentally, physically and emotionally not able to care for her Mom. Shelby hasn't been home since her birthday last December, Dec. 17th. She says it's not her house anymore & she's more comfortable now where she is. That's good to hear, but I do hope she goes home for Christmas this yr. Soooo long, but now y'all know the rest of the story, lol.

I picked up my grocery order this morning and it was huge. I bought Gary a lot of groceries and met him at Chick-Fila for lunch. I got things for Sadie Grace and Caleb too. He was thankful, but wouldn't let me buy meals to take home to Hannah & the kids. 

I've put off cleaning out a closet, but getting ready to start on it. I'll throw the dog blankets in the washer to have enough for a full load. I never had any idea of how much more stuff I could donate. I'll make the extra 15 miles drive to donate to Salvation Army this time. Can you imagine living in a tiny home and all the things you can't keep? I watched one show on tiny homes and the builder's wife said "you can't bring your sewing machine." Of course I can and I would. I would need two bedrooms, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/10/2023 12:20 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/10/2023 1:33 pm  #23

I had a good cardiologist appt today. He recommended we don’t do much since I only had one episode of afib. He wants me to have a stress test and an echo, which is scheduled for December 6. He supported by decision not to go to the ER for the episode, and said don’t go if I have another one, just take an extra metoprolol to try to bring down the rate. If I have any more episodes, we’ll talk about another ablation. 

After the appointment, we went to Olive Garden for lunch, then came home and it was siesta time! Ralph is still sleeping. 

We turned on the heat, set it at 66, to keep the chill off. 

I also don’t like scary Halloween decorations. I have a wreath on the door, and pumpkins and gnomes on the mantle. 

10/10/2023 1:37 pm  #24

Devonne, when my MIL broke her hip then had a stroke, I said no way could she come here. I was still working, I knew it would be a disaster. F and C took her, and after a while they said she had to go to assisted living. She wasn’t thrilled about it, but she did fine. 

10/10/2023 1:45 pm  #25

Been a few days...I sort of crashed after our guests on Friday.  Howard asked me what I was going to do Sat.  "Only what I want to!"  That never quite works, but close...

My heart is also heavy for Israel.  And Howard has the news on endlessly.  Not interfering with that.  There are plenty of spaces to get away from it if I wish.  

Theresa, even when it's finally  all really, truly in the past, I imagine you'll still be in ?(you name it) mode for a while and then eventually, You'll Be Free and can get back to your normal life.  Don't give  yourself up, and remember "to every time there is a season", for you and for your Mom.  And you can't change that. 

Our gathering went okay.  There is always something to tweak for next time.  I will change the location of the main foods to the opposite side of the galley kitchen from the sink for a longer run, covering the stove burners to allow that to be "counter", too, with the dessert and plates opposite, next to the sink.  We will put Fancy away.  Someone is going to trip over her, eventually, and that could be disastrous.  She won't like that, but, she'll get over it.   Speaking of her, she's not feeling well, today--had me up at 4:30 am and I woke with a start at 6:30 to find Howard cleaning up from her.  I'll spare you the details, but it involved some laundry, and we, who were going to the grocery, decided to stay home with her.  Poor darling.  

San, he sounds like a dandy boy and what 2 1/2 yr. old doesn't get into everything they can? That's funny that he can reach to the middle of the counters.   Are you responsible for caring for him some of the time?  That could be tough with your health issues.

Trish, so many things are hard one way or the other when it comes to the end of someone's life. I wish you and Warwick and the family peace for whatever comes next.  One thing  for sure is, you can forever know you did above and beyond for her and for a long time. 

QB, giving up your garden must have been a hard decision, done with much thought.  I'll bet your neighbors who you've generously "fed" will share some of their produce with you next year and on...   How's your door hanging coming along?  Maybe it's done and I missed that...

I'm going to treat myself to some hand sewing, today.   Am adding some beautiful floral fabric from a jacket friend, Bobbie gave me long ago (Too big for her, but then, too small for me) to one of my denim jackets.  I love to remodel or embellish clothing.  Hope it turns out; sometimes it doesn't.     Glad to be back here, again.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (10/10/2023 1:55 pm)

10/11/2023 7:10 am  #26

GOOD MORNING!

MUCH COOLER BUT NO FROST ON THE PUMPKIN, YET. AT LEAST, NOT AT OUR HOUSE.

DARRELL HAD ANNUAL APPOINTMENT WITH DETMATOGOLIST YESTERDAY. THINK THE FIRST VISIT HASN'T TAKEN SOMETHING OFF SINCE HE STARTED GOING THERE WITH THE FIRST SKIN CANCER PLACE..

WILL GET A HAIRCUT THIS THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND THEN HAVE SEWING GUILD IN THE EVENING. GLAD I CAN GO BACK TO ATTENDING THE GENERAL MEETINGS. 

HAVE HAD FLU SHOT THIS FALL AND WILL HOPEFULLY GET THE OTHERS IN NEAR FUTURE. I ONLY GET ONE AT A TIME.

PICKED MORE TOMATOES BEFORE IT TURNED COOLER. HAVE GIVEN SOME AWAY. DIDN'T COUNT BEFORE THEN, BUT CAN FIGURE THAT OUT WITH IN A FEW TOMATOES. WILL ROAST SOME MORE FROM THIS GROUP. DON'T THINK THE GREEN ONES STILL ON THE VINES WILL RIPEN. THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING SOME MUMS BUT DECIDED TIRED OF WATERING PLANTS. PLUS HAVE SPENT ENOUGH THIS SEASON, PLUS ALL THE WATERING OF THE NEW SHRUBS. OUR WATER SYSTEM IS NOT CHEAP ANY MORE FOR WATER.  LIKE SANDRA, NOT SURE I WILL DO TOMATO PLANTS NEXT YEAR.

I TOO DON'T LIKE THE SCAREY, GHOULISH HALLOWEEN DECOR. OFFERED SOME OF WHAT I HAD TO DGS#1 TO SEE IF ANYTHING HE WOULD LIKE FOR HIS NEW HOME. DIDN'T HAD OUT TREATS LAST YEAR AND NOT PLANNING TO THIS YEAR. DON'T NEED TO DECORATE FOR THAT ANYMORE AND GRANDSONS ARE GROWN.  PLANNING ON A MINIMUM OF FALL DECOR. WISH DGS$#1 HAD ALREADY PAINTED THE RAILING OUT FRONT. USUALLY PUT UP A LEAF GARLAND ON IT. OH WELL.

THE PASTOR AND HIS WIFE, OF THE CHURCH MY SIS ATTENDS, HAD JUST GOTTEN TO ISREAL WHEN THE ATTACT STARTED. FORTUNATELY THEY HAVE MANAGED TO GET OUT AS WELL AS THE COUPLE WITH . HOPE OTHERS CAN GET OUT ALSO. WATCHED TOO MUCH OF THE COVERAGE. SO TRADEGIC. UNBELIEVEBLE. PRAYING.

I AM SURE MORE NEED TO COMMENT ABOUT. 

TTRISH, SORRY ABUT W's SIS. 

THERESA, THINK NIECE IS GOING THROUGH A LOT OF THAT WITH HER MOM. HER DAD PASSED AWAY A YEAR AGO IN JULY. SOME DAYS ARE GOOD FOR HER AND SOME DAYS NOT SO GOOD. MAYBE A LITTEL WORSE SINCE HER DAD HAS PASSED. THEY WERE IN THE FACILITY TOGETHER. THINIKING OF YOU.

DIANA, SORRY SO MANY TEETH AT ONCE. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. YEP, TODDLERS ARE A WHIRLWIND. AMAZING WHERE THEY CAN MANAGE TO GET INTO. 

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.......................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

10/11/2023 7:50 am  #27

ITS CLOUDY OUTSIDE TODAY.  I JUST WATCHED A MEETING OF OUR FIRE BRIGADE BESIDE OUR RESERVOIR.  A FEW OF THEM COULD MAKE THE CALENDAR AND THE OTHERS MAYBE THE SENIOR CALENDAR.  NICE TO SEE HANDSOME MEN FROM MY PERCH NOW AND THEN. 
I ORDERED A FEW THINGS FROM TARGET YESTERDAY, LIKE VITAMINS THAT I AM RUNNING LOW ON AND A MOTION BATTERY LIGHT, A MEAT CHOPPER FOR WHEN I BROWN MY GROUND BEEF, AND MY FLONASE.  OH, AND A COUPLE OF GLASS PASTA BOWLS.  I LIKE THEM FOR MANY MEALS, NOT JUST PASTA.  CASSEROLE DISHES ARE GREAT IN PASTA BOWLS AND I BROKE MY LAST ONE MONTHS AGO AND MISS IT.  FROM ANOTHER PLACE I ORDERED AN E-Z GRABBER, TO GET CANS OFF A HIGH SHELF OR TO PICK UP BINGO BALLS THAT FALL TO THE FLOOR.  I LIKE THE ONES WITH THE RUBBER TIPS FOR GRABBING SMALL THINGS.
A NEIGHBOR GAVE ME HERS WHICH WAS NEVER OPENED SINCE SHE NEVER USES IT.  WELL, IT DOESN'T WORK.  SHE'S HAD IT FOR A LONG TIME NOW SO CAN'T RETURN IT.  ITS A SHAME IT DOESN'T FLEX TO GRAB ANYTHING.  SHE WANTED ME TO BE ABLE TO GRAB THE FALLEN BINGO BALLS AT GAMETIME.  IT WAS CERTAINLY NICE OF HER TO GIVE IT TO ME.  YUP, THE NEIGHBORS HERE ARE GOOD TO ONE ANOTHER.
I HAPPENED TO SEE THE LAUNDRY QUIET YESTERDAY WHEN I WENT DOWN FOR MY MAIL SO I DID A LOAD OF LAUNDRY.  JUST AS MINE WAS FINISHING IN THE WASHER (WE STILL ONLY HAVE ONE WORKING) ANOTHER NEW NEIGHBOR ARRIVED WITH HER LAUNDRY.  TIMING WAS PERFECT.  SO THAT'S OUT OF MY WAY.
I MADE THE COUNTRY GROUND BEEF, TOMATO AND NOODLE CASSEROLE YESTERDAY AND SHARED WITH 4 OTHERS.  I GOT IT ON CATHERINE'S PLATE ON YOUTUBE.  I LIKE EASY.  ONE LADY WAS SO APPRECIATIVE.  SHE'S HAVING NEW HEALTH ISSUES AND COOKING IS A PROBLEM FOR HER.  ANOTHER LOVED IT AND WANTED THE RECIPE.  THE OTHER TWO ALSO REPORTED IT WAS VERY GOOD.  I WILL BE MAKING IT AGAIN.  I WILL ALSO BE PUTTING IT ON MY BLOG MAYBE LATER TODAY OR TOMORROW.  I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES BUT TOOK ONE WHEN I HAD SHARED A LOT OF IT.

THIS WAS WHEN I HAD SHARED MOST OF IT ALREADY.  MMMM GOOD AND EASY TO MAKE.

ON SCARY HALLOWEEN HORRORS......NOT MY CUP OF TEA.  I HAVE NEVER EVEN WATCHED THE HALLOWEEN PICTURES WITH THE NUTTER KILLER THAT HAS ABOUT 8 OR 9 FOLLOWUPS.  HATE THOSE KIND OF GRUESOME, SCARY GHOULISH THINGS.  THAT'S WHY MY DOORHANGINGS ARE CUTIES.  CUTE GHOSTS AND NOTHING SCARY AND GHOULISH.  I AM THINKING I MAY WATCH GHOSTBUSTERS TOMORROW BUT AM NOT SURE.  NEVER SAW IT BUT IT HAS BILL MURRAY SO I GUESS IT MUST BE FUNNY.  I'LL FIND OUT.

ON DIPPY EGGS.......POACHED EGGS ARE SOMETHING MANY FOLKS NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM AS THEY GET OLDER ESPECIALLY.  THEY MAKE THE TUMMY CHURN CAUSING PROBLEMS AND NOT JUST THE BURPING KIND OR HEARTBURN.  THEY AFFECT ME OCCASIONALLY BUT NOT ALWAYS AND I LOVE A POACHED EGG ON TOAST.  BESIDES, SOMETIMES I NEED A LITTLE HELP WITH MAKING THINGS WORK AND RESORT TO A COUPLE OF DIPPY EGGS JUST FOR THAT PURPOSE.

HOLLY......GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT A GOOD CARDIO REPORT.  MINE IS LATER THIS MONTH AND HOPING FOR THE SAME.  MY DOCTOR RETIRED, DARN IT, SO WILL SEE A NEW GUY.  I HOPE I LIKE HIM AS WELL AS NOW RETIRED JOHN.

LINDA.......GLAD TO HEAR YOUR SIS'S PASTOR MADE IT OUT OF ISRAEL OKAY.  ITS A BAD TIME OVER THERE.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS WINGING OVER THE SEA.

MY 3 THINGS MAKING ME GRATEFUL:
NICE YOUNG FIREMEN TO GRACE MY VISION.
GOOD NEIGHBORS WHO GIVE A HAND WHEN NEEDED.
YOUTUBE WITH ITS MANY RECIPES TO TRY.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/11/2023 8:18 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/11/2023 8:48 am  #28

I must have twisted funny or something, my low back hurts so much! I’m ok up or down, but it hurts when I’m getting up or sitting down. I’ve got heat on it now, and just took Advil. 

I finished Mocha’s Afghan last night, it’s 29 inches square. I was going to make it 36 x 36, but Steph says she’s only 15 inches tall, so the size is fine. Steph and Dan will be here next month and will get it then. So now back to Coastal Ripple. 

10/11/2023 9:50 am  #29

Good Morning to everyone!!  Tracy just called so we  talked a bit, not much to say, as usual.  It is a dank looking morning outside, quite breezy.  I have absolutely no plans for the day, so will just slide along.  I have a pain in my left knee that is driving me crazy!!!  Not sure what is causing it, but it has been bothering me since way before I got up, but I'm sure I'll survive.

There is a little squirrel outside running around the yard and disappearing for awhile, then back again.  It's fun to keep an eye on.  Gone right now for awhile!!

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off and wish you all well, have a wonderful day everyone, BJ.

10/11/2023 11:40 am  #30

Still purging around the house! My vehicle is getting full. I did find some Christmas things I want to keep and put them in the right place. 

I met Gary at Zaxbys. He had a dr's appt. this morning in downtown Atlanta. He said he left at 6:45 and his appt. wasn't until 8:45. That's Atlanta traffic for you, especially at rush hour. 

Sandra, the casserole looks good. You Tube has so many great recipes. 

Holly, that is good news for you! Do you ever use pastel colors for afghans? Will this be your last one for this year?

I am off to rest....back later. 

D e v o n n e

10/11/2023 10:34 pm  #31

QB, I took a page from your book and used the underline function! Thanks for the reminder! 😉🤗

Devonne, I have indeed seen the many huge Halloween decorations at Home Depot. I don't decorate for Halloween, never have, but I do have a few autumn items I use such as table runners, things like that, especially around Thanksgiving.

We generally don't get many kids on Halloween, but we'll have some candy on hand just in case. DH will take any leftovers to work. 👍🏻

BJ, I hope that your knee is feeling better! Is it this damp, chilly weather we've had the last couple of days?

Indy, I'm glad your gathering went okay!

San, I hope you're feeling better! Yikes! 🙏🏻

Who mentioned back pain? Holly? Devonne? Both? I'm so sorry! Back pain, any pain, is so miserable! Sending hugs and prayers!

As usual, my thoughts went out the window after a phone call, so I'll just end it with the following and wish you all a wonderful night!

I'm grateful & thankful for -

My family! It's cliche, I suppose, but it's what is so often in my heart! My guys are so wonderful! My DH is my rock! And although our son doesn't live here, he's such an important part of our daily lives.

Mom! Again, cliche, but we speak on the phone each day and our conversations mean the world to me! I'm so thankful that she is well, and I'm grateful for all she has taught me. I feel blessed to have had such a wonderful childhood!🙏🏻

I use a headset so I'm able to talk to Mom as I go about my daily chores. Before I know it, my work is done! 💃🏼

Today, I'm thankful for the rain! The gentle sound helped lull me to sleep last night, and it felt so peaceful. And the air smelled so sweet and fresh this morning!

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/12/2023 2:45 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

10/12/2023 3:03 am  #32

Can't believe it's already Thursday here!
Megan & Gary left for Melbourne for a few days, they will be back Sunday - late I think.

John has finished both English exams, another one for Math on Monday, then a break till the Wed of following week, with Business Studies and Religion.

W's sis has seemed a little better, still unwell, but she keeps on going. Thanks for the good thoughts, it is an ongoing dilemma for the family. I just don't know how she rallies every time, her poor little body surely can't take much more.

SANDRA that looks really yum, so you had good food AND  a good view! Pretty good day I'd say. I'll look up that recipe.

HOLLY good news form the heart Dr, I am glad you feel OK, you did that blanket for your fur baby quick!

JANET I saw a fun project in Edinburgh (Scotland) it's a small bag, can be made in an hour, so I am thinking they have it all cut out (after you choose the fabric), and it's done with studs, done in tartan of course, we  are all thinking about asking them to do it for us when we get to near there. we hope that having a willing class of at least 10 they might do it, the course for it is supposed to finish in Dec this year.

STRINGS I am glad you are OK, and that thing with men and internet is getting like that here, each day he asks me, what about that email? they are all scams, but I dread him clicking on a link thinking it's real.

DEVONNE I have been doing a little purging as well, it feels god doesn't it? I condensed a couple of 'junk' drawers, and now have one small one for jewellery, I forgot I had so much costume jewellery LOL I should give some away, my niece would love it

I am planning on making a big slow cooker of spag. sauce on Saturday, John is working on Frid night, so Dean is coming to dinner with us, and we'll all have dinner together Sat night (maybe John will be working) so maybe I better get it finished so he can have some before he goes. 

We have voting on Saturday, we can do it earlier, but it's where I go to training. AND they have a cake stall LOL, so I'll take cash.
I haven't been watching the world news, I just can't take it 

My good things
My car is working well after the hatch/trunk/boot was fixed, so I am safe on the road
I have so much stash I can sew for a long time without buying anything. (although I know I will LOL)
I am healthy and pretty happy, I have food, enough to keep me busy, and many friends, both here and HERE with you!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/12/2023 8:53 am  #33

Trish- I was surprised to see pro Palestinian rally in Australia?

10/12/2023 9:01 am  #34

ITS AN IFFY DAY HERE, SOME SUN, SOME GRAY CLOUDS. IT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT WANTS TO DO, BUT TEMPS ARE FINE WITH ME IN THE 60Sf AND NITES IN THE 40S.  MY LIVING ROOM WINDOW IS OPEN AND THE AIR FEELS SOOO GOOD.
I JUST FINISHED POSTING THE COUNTRY NOODLE RECIPE ON MY BLOG.  I ONLY HAD THE ONE PHOTO BUT I WAS VERY CAREFUL ABOUT LISTING THE STEPS TO MAKE IT.  ITS EASY LADIES, AND GOOD TASTING.  I AM NOW CHECKING OUT HOW TO USE A COUPLE OF NICE PORK CHOPS I HAVE DEFROSTED, MAYBE IN A SMALLER CASSEROLE OR SKILLET MEAL.
I WON 50 CENTS AT BINGO LAST NITE.  ONE OF THE BALLS FELL APART SO I BROUGHT IT HOME TO FIX WITH ELMER'S GLUE STICK.  I DID THAT ONCE BEFORE FOR B-1 AND ITS HELD TOGETHER JUST FINE NOW FOR ABOUT 2 OR 3 YEARS.  THIS TIME IT WAS B-11.  MAYBE SOMETHING ABOUT THE ONES ARE LUCKY FOR ME TODAY.
WE GALS AT BINGO ARE TRYING TO FIX A PIZZA DATE FOR JUST US AND HALLOWEEN.  SINCE OUR DOMINO'S NO LONGER DELIVERS, WE MUST FIND ANOTHER WAY TO GET OUR PIZZA.  I DON'T DRIVE SO ITS NOT UP TO ME.  I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

HOLLY.....SORRY ABOUT THE BACK PAIN.  SOMETIMES ITS SO EASY TO HURT THE OLE BACK EVEN BY TURNING A LITTLE FAST.  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

TRISH.....THE BOYS SOUND LIKE THEY ARE COMING ALONG JUST FINE WITH THEIR EDUCATION.  AND THEIR LIFESTYLES.  YOU MUST BE PROUD OF THEM.

LINDA.....I AM GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING ROASTING YOUR TOMATOES.  THEY WILL GO WELL IN YOUR TOMATO DISHES THIS WINTER.  I AM SAVING MINE FOR THAT PURPOSE. 

MY GRATEFUL LIST FOR TODAY:
1.  MY PAINFUL KNEE IS LESS PAINFUL WHEN I DON'T WALK ON IT.
2.  I HAVE LOTS OF GOOD FOOD IN MY FREEZER AND CUPBOARDS WHICH I CAN SHARE WITH A FEW NEIGHBORS.  
3.  THE AIR IS FEELING SOOO FRESH AND CLEAN THIS MORNING.

STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS AND BE AWARE OF ANY SCAMS LIKE JANET IS REPORTING.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/12/2023 1:12 pm)

10/12/2023 9:02 am  #35

Here’s a scam heads up.  If you get a security message (usually on FB) that says you IP address has been used and your IPAD account has been locked do not call the help number to unlock the account.  I called my Verizon guy and he said it’s a scam.  The “real” Apple help number is 1-809-MYAPPLE. 
    He talked me through getting rid of the so called security message. 
  Thought I’d share….

10/12/2023 9:19 am  #36

Devonne, I guess it’s any urban area for traffic, Philly is terrible! Luckily the major hospitals in Philly have satellite offices on our side of the bridge! I’m not a pastel person, tho I’ve done baby blankets in pastels. 

My back is a little better today, Advil, heat and rest. 

We had a bonus visit yesterday from Heather and Eddie! When Ed’s dad, who is also Ed, was moving to Fla (they lasted about a year) he sold a small utility trailer to Ralph. Now, 8 years later, Ralph has given away his tractor so doesn’t need the trailer, so asked Heather’s Ed if he wants it. Ed recently started a side biz of stump grinding, so he could use the trailer. So Heather and Eddie came up in Eddie’s truck (formerly Ralph’s truck) which of course has a hitch, and got it. That kid can drive anything, and is comfortable with a trailer. 

It’s in the 60’s and sunny.

10/12/2023 9:46 am  #37

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all doing well.  It's a beautiful day here, the sun is shining and it's quite still outside, wish I  felt like going for a walk, but I did my exercises this morning, may try a walk when Frank gets up, we'll see!!

I have no plans for the day, Rhonda will be over later as Frank has physical therapy today at 3:30.  That's all I have going today as I'm an old lady with nothing to do!!  Nice visiting with you all, wishing everyone a wonderful day, BJ.

10/12/2023 10:55 am  #38

BJ, you have earned the title so enjoy your golden years of relaxing!

Holly, I'm glad your back is feeling better. 

Sandra, I have one of those grabber things too. I've used it to take down curtain rods and put curtains up. I used it to put a basket above the cabinet where the fridge is. I use it to get stuff of the shelf in the laundry room. Great gadget! 

Trish, it feels great to all all this stuff gone! I'm still not finished. Monday I have to go pick Carter up at school so tomorrow I'll need to empty out my vehicle.

Well, ladies, I did a first for me! When I went to make my coffee this morning, there was a cup already made sitting there. I made a second cup last night and totally forgot about it, lol. I normally don't drink coffee at night.

Here's my Fall decorations. I made this wreath. I have another one outside that I also made. This was a project Emily and I did together. We had a lot of fun then.

I don't decorate every room, only the main area.

Over half of my decorations are in the car to be donated. I had Fall baskets, big and small, more orange lights and more wreaths. So glad it's all packed up. 

This is all simple to do and easy to pack away in the closet.

Last edited by DownSouth (10/12/2023 11:19 am)

D e v o n n e

10/12/2023 1:58 pm  #39

DEVONNE......YOU ARE GREAT AT THE DECORATIONS.  I LOVE WHAT YOU'VE DONE.  SO CUTE.

I TWEAKED MY COUNTRY NOODLE RECIPE TO ADD A BIT OF TOMATO SAUCE OR PIZZA SAUCE TO THE RECIPE.  I THINK IT NEEDED A BIT MORE MOISTURE, ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE MINE FOR LEFTOVERS FOR ABOUT 2 MORE DAYS.  IT WAS ALSO A SUGGESTION BY ONE OF MY NEIGHBORS AND I AGREED.

SEE YA TOMORROW.  HUGS, QB S 

10/12/2023 2:02 pm  #40

Beautiful, Devonne.  My fall decorations are minimal.  Put them out last week before the guests came.  Nothing scary except, I love the design element of spider webs. Made a door hanging with a pc. of beautiful silver gray fabric with a tracing of spider webs on it,  old buttons, in the center of the webs.  It's weird but I love it.  NO SPIDERS, though.  Hate them!!  

Howard had a cardio appt. this morning that was canceled as the doctor had to go to the hospital early.  They left a message yesterday, but I somehow, missed it.  He saw on the computer about the cancellation, so I called.  So glad we hadn't left home, yet.  I've never had a "reprieve" from a doc's appt.    Wouldn't feel that way if this was more than a routine appt.  Next available appt:  Nov. 17.  

Everyone seems rather nicely settling  into Fall.  Whatever happened to the lazy days of summer?  They don't seem to happen for us much anymore and I'm glad for a slower schedule or at least the anticipation of one.  Am working on figuring out my jacket project.  Even done a bit of the hand sewing.  I feel like we have NO groceries but, yet, I have all the absolutely must haves so we're waiting another day to go shopping...just because we can.

Diane, after all your losses and your health problems, you still sound happy and content  Glad you're sensitive to your Mom's needs.  I guess when you live with someone, day and night, like your sister, it becomes harder to tolerate the daily same ole, same ole conversations.  

Holly, hope your back is better.  Can be miserable.  Your family is fortunate to have you and Ralph, always sharing and giving them something they can use or for fun.  And it makes one feel good to be able to do that.  Do you still care for some feral cats?  

Twice Howard has neglected to put Fancy's gate across the bathroom door when we've left the house.  This has always been his job,  Of course, he blamed me...said I moved the gate last week, etc, etc.  I walked him over there and showed him the gate in it's usual place, so he changed his tune!    Along with a few other anamolies, this must be due to his stroke.  So, I shall be sure to check before we leave from now on...if I can remember to!   Am usually in a bit of a rush.  She, of course, had an accident which he cleaned up.  That's about all the excitement we have here...
My three things: 1.  The person I just threw under the bus, above.   My home that's neat and clean, FTM.    All of you, who enrich my day in so many ways, least of which is the familiarity from long-term friendship.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (10/12/2023 2:08 pm)

Board footera