OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/24/2023 4:16 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY OCT 8 ~ SAT OCT 14

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/08/2023 2:40 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 8 ~ SAT OCT 14

Bumping for a new week!

SAN Your poor thing, 3 teeth, that must have been unpleasant ((((hugs)))) How is Elmer, is his foot OK, are the wounds healing?

We had Chinese last night, with enough for tonight as well, easy peasy dinner LOL

HOLLY I understand that Hamas is an Arab terrorist group, who knows what will happen, but we've seen this happen before with both groups, I don't know if it can ever be resolved, with both wanting the same land. 

His sis is so far OK, a decision was made NOT to send her to hospital, apparently her BP dropped extremely low, they gave her water and she was a bit better.  W is not happy, he feels she should go if needed, I agree with his brother here, so  I have to keep quiet, she has a directive in place that she wants to be kept comfortable, and hospital is an absolute last resort,  she wants to be cared for at the hostel. I went through this with her some years ago, W just wants her to be healthy and OK, that isn't going to happen, I would like her life to be comfortable, and her to be happy. 

I finished the bedroom, it looks really clean and tidy, wonder how long it will last LOL

I also finished a few more braids for the scrap quilt, the will be at least 6 quilts made from scraps I cut. The braid one is so good to use up fabric, anything and everything gets put in. I'll take a pic tomorrow.
Next is the 2 1/2" square container, I found  a pattern of Julie's, and I have thousands of those squares already cut. I still haven't even made a tiny  dent in the stash LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/08/2023 2:41 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/08/2023 3:19 am  #3

Trish, I understand about not making a dent in your stash. I’m taking 6 projects to work on at retreat this week (I know I won’t get them all done but I like to be able to choose what to work on). Four were cut entirely from stash and another partly from stash … and I can barely tell any has been used!

10/08/2023 5:44 am  #4

Trish- you beat me to it.  Hamas is indeed a militant terrorist group funded and supported by Iran whose mission is to obliterate Israel.  And who know who next?  The Middle East has been a tinder box for centuries.  If I say much more it may be considered political and I don’t want to get my hands slapped.  😐

I woke up to 44degrees outside.   

10/08/2023 7:45 am  #5

LOVELY DAY HERE TODAY.  MY SON WILL SHOP AND I WILL MAKE THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE.  I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO TAKE PICS SO I CAN POST IT ON MY BLOG.

DEVONNE......S.G. IS SO CUTE.  THE POOR LITTLE THING NEEDS A BIT OF TIME TO FEEL HER BEST.  
WOW, GARY'S MEDS ARE SURE OVERFLOWING THE TABLE, POOR GUY.

CHERYL.....CUTE PICS OF ABBY.  SHE'S LOVELY.

TRISH.....SORRY ABOUT W'S SISTER BUT ITS GETTING NEAR HER TIME PROBABLY.  SHE'S BEEN SICK FOR SO LONG I'M SURPRISED SHE'S HANGING ON SO STRONGLY.
GOOD NEWS ON GETTING YOUR HATCH (OUR TRUNK) FIXED.  NOW YOU CAN DRIVE AROUND WITHOUT WORRYING.  
YOU NEED TO TAKE IT EASIER ABOUT HAULING FURNITURE AROUND YOURSELF.  MAKES FOR  MORE ACHES AND PAINS WE JUST DON'T NEED.
THANKS FOR THE REMINDER ABOUT 3 GOOD THINGS.  I WILL POST MINE TODAY AT THE END.

LINDA......GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING.  HAVE A GOOD DAY.

NO SEWING FOR ME TODAY SINCE MY SON WILL VISIT FOR AWHILE THIS AFTERNOON.  IT IS SO NICE TO SEE HIM TWICE A MONTH. I HOPE HE TAKES MY CELL PHONE TO REPLACE. I WANT A NEW ONE.
I WILL ALSO SEE MY DAUGHTER AGAIN SINCE SHE TAKES ME FOR MY HEART CHECKUP THIS MONTH.  A BANNER MONTH FOR ME.

I AM GRATEFUL FOR A SUNNY DAY TODAY.
FOR MY SON'S SHOPPING FOR ME TODAY AND VISITING.
FOR MY KNEE TO FEEL A BIT BETTER IF I KEEP IT RESTING.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/08/2023 7:52 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/08/2023 9:40 am  #6

Well, I'll try again, Posted for awhile and it disappeared.  It is a beautiful day outside, sunny and still.  Everyone is up, except Larissa, she needs more sleep.  Frank is in the shower, I'm next, as soon as he gets out.

I have no plans for the day, but I'm sure we'll so something.  I got a catalog from Country Store, it has some nice looking clothes in it, may order a  few, haven't had anything new in awhile, so would be nice to have a couple of new winter clothes.

Well, I have nothing to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, everyone.  Sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

10/08/2023 10:05 am  #7

I woke up to 56 degrees, but it's already at 60. This week will be in the high 70's and I think that's the last we will see of the 70's for the rest of the year.

Trish, so sad about W's sister. She's truly a fighter and keeps hanging in there. If I were in that condition, I rather not linger on. Looking forward to seeing pic of the braid quilt.

Sandra, enjoy your visit with Matt. I'm going to look at your blog now.

I'm cleaning the master bathroom. I need to clean the glass shower door, mop the floor, clean the mirrors and that room is done. I'm using KaBoom, but it didn't work too good last time on the soap scum. I bought some spray on Comet I may have to try. 

I'm going to get the crockpot liners & fix a roast. Also want to fix vegetable soup, but I'll do that in the Instant Pot. 

As for Gary's meds, those are probably only half of them. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/08/2023 10:11 am)

D e v o n n e

10/08/2023 11:12 am  #8

SON AND HIS WIFE SHOPPING FOR ME RIGHT NOW.  THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE IS IN THE OVEN.

TRACY SENT A COUPLE PICS FROM BJ SO I AM POSTING THEM.....

HERE'S THE FIRST ONE..

AND WAIT FOR IT...

THE SECOND ONE.  THAT'S IT.
-BJ AND HER FAMILY ON OUTING 10-07-23

Last edited by quiltbea (10/08/2023 11:20 am)

10/08/2023 2:02 pm  #9

Afternoon y'all! 

Yes, I'm still on the planet!  Some days I think I'm in a different world! LOL! 

Another shocker I have been busy!  I am getting mom's house ready to go up for sale.  The guy that wanted it probably cannot afford it!  Found out he stole 6K from the market he works at and is being made to work that money off.  He also has bad credit, thus why he wanted to do a rent to own!  So I am leaving him in the dust and moving on.  The estate sale will be next month sometime!  I need to call him tomorrow for a date! 

Mom is getting cranky.  Not sure how or why she has a bee in her bonnet!  I do know she wants me with her 24/7, that is not happening!  I stay a while in the mornings with her then come back in the evening.  Not sure what else to do for her.  If I could stay I would, but I need my sanity walk, and I have stuff to do at home, I have to clean, cook etc....  Mom thinks I should do this for her.  I'm not driving there for every meal!  I'm frustrated with her!  

I have put out Halloween.  House looks good.  Need to re-find my dinning room table, so I can Halloween set it!  

Luke came home yesterday afternoon and went to the UGA vs Kentucky game with us.  We had fun, but were cold!  Luke goes back tomorrow and will be there for the duration of his seasonal job, since the shutdown didn't happen! 

Alex is still living at home, the spark has not turned into a fire yet.  I need to work on it, I think he will need to be forced to look for a place! 

Sara is still plugging away at her research.  She did go and do the KP 5 k walk with us last week.  I enjoyed my evening off and had fun with hubby, DD, and a friend.  We walked it in under an hour.  Hubby and I beat last years time! 

Today I made a banana pudding, and will make spaghetti for supper.  Luke is thrilled!  He loves my spaghetti!  

We have started going through what we brought here from Columbia, and will take back what we don't want to keep for the estate sale!  I am also adding stuff we already had here to the sale.  Like some sheets my DSis bought me for Christmas a few years back, they are white and I don't do white sheets.  They are still in their package, never opened.  I have more closet space as a result, of these things!  

Woke to 42* this morning.  A/C was turned off last week, windows were closed before we went to the game yesterday or it would have been freezing in the house when we got home last night.  High today was mid 60's, will drop to the low 40's again tonight.  If the wind were not blowing it might be more comfortable.  I'm good with it since the garden is almost done, and I will bring in my plants soon!  High's this week will be in the 70's!  

Also going on the market is the lake lots.  We are having it surveyed tomorrow and the realtor just sent me paperwork to sign to officially put it on the market!  I hope it goes fast, one less thing on my plate once it goes! 

I'm going to go chill until I have to cook supper!

Missed y'all! 

Later my friends! 

10/09/2023 7:45 am  #10

Theresa- welcome back. 
Trish- sorry about W’s sister.
The news out of Israel keeps getting worse.  Imagine the UN wants them to have restraint?!?
   It was 41 this morning when I went out to do my bird feeders in my PJs. Now it’s 49, a bit better.  We plan to close and cover the pool at the end of the week.  So that’s one battle I can count on this week.  So picture this….one of us is 190 and 6’ tall….the other is 5’5” and 134.  So getting the cover onto the pool is generally a tug of war.  This goes against the laws of physics.  It’s never pretty. But  I can say I haven’t wound up in the pool the last few years.  🥶.

10/09/2023 8:51 am  #11

I'M STAYING BUSY TODAY.  RIGHT NOW I AM RESTING BETWEEN CLEARING OUT AND CLEANING AND REORGANIZING MY BATHROOM DRAWERS.  I NEED TO PUT LIKE WITH LIKE.  RIGHT NOW I HAVE TO DIG AROUND TO FIND THE BODY LOTION OR THE HAND WASH OR SHAMPOO OR ANYTHING.  IT WILL BE NICE TO JUST OPEN A DRAWER AND FIND WHAT I WANT.  I ALREADY ORGANIZED A DEEP TRAY THIS MORNING NEAR MY BED/RECLINER WITH ODDMENTS I NEED NOW AND THEN.  OF COURSE I HAD TO DO IT SINCE I KICKED IT BY ACCIDENT AND IT ALL FELL TO THE FLOOR.  I GOT SOME STUFF TOSSED OUT AND NOW ITS NEAT ONCE AGAIN.
I ALSO NEED TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH AND DO MY LAUNDRY TODAY.  
TEMPS IN THE 5OS TODAY AND MAY HIT 61 WITH SUNSHINE.  NITES ARE HIGH 30S.  MY GARDEN BED HAD BEEN PUT TO SLEEP FOR THE WINTER.  MY NEIGHBOR TONY (HE LIVES IN THE APT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF ME, TOM AND DOG OSCAR ON THE LEFT) CLEARED OUT THE OLD PLANTS AND RAKED IT SMOOTH.  ITS LOOKING GOOD.  NO LONGER MINE THOUGH.  I GAVE IT UP.
I SENT CASSEROLE HOME WITH MY SON AND HIS LOVE AND ALSO GAVE TO MY NEIGHBOR TOM.  ONE LADY DOES NOT CARE FOR POTATOES EXCEPT MASHED.  ANOTHER CAN'T HANDLE THE JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE SINCE ITS A LITTLE SPICY.  SO TOM AND I ARE ENJOYING THE REST OF IT.  I GOT EGG NOODLES THIS WEEK SO PLAN TO MAKE A CASSEROLE WITH SOME OF THOSE IN THE WEEK.
THAT'S IT FOR NOW.  STAY SAFE.
I AM GRATEFUL FOR A DAY OF FEELING GOOD.
A FULL LARDER.
AND LIVING HERE WHERE I HAVE GOOD NEIGHBORS.

HUGS TO ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/09/2023 5:06 pm)

10/09/2023 9:57 am  #12

Good Morning, it is 62* outside, believe it is supposed to rain later on.  Oh well, we could use it!  I wish I had the strength to clean my house.  There is stuff all around, but I can't do it, so will just live with it.  There is laundry on the line that I should try to get in, not sure I have the strength to do it, but will try.

Well, that last paragraph was filled with "I can't do it", but should try!!!  The wind is blowing hard up high, but pretty still down low.  It is nearly 9 and Frank is just getting up, I took him coffee earlier, so he should be set for the morning.

I don't have anything to say this morning, so better head out and get the laundry off the line.  The grass is mostly green so that's nice and Jamie was here this weekend and mowed the grass, looks so nice.  Well, I must be moving on so will tell you all goodbye and wish you all well, have a wonderful day, BJ.

10/09/2023 10:50 am  #13

It got chilly last night! I have the windows closed but haven’t turned on the heat yet. I woke up cold, so I added the quilt you ladies made me to my side of the bed and was good to go. I keep the quilt on a quilt rack in the bedroom so I see it all the time. 

I went and got a haircut this morning, it had been since the first week of August and the hair wasn’t behaving. Before that, I made us dippy eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast. 

It’s nice and sunny out, just chilly.

10/09/2023 2:41 pm  #14

Afternoon y'all! 

Holly I still can't eat dippy eggs.  Guess it's a texture kind of thing for me!  

QB You can live through those of us who, in my case try, garden moving forward.  You are my resource! 

Janet, thanks my Friend! 

Woke to 42* outside again.  Heat still off, chilly indoors, may put the heat on soon if these temps keep happening!  Went to see mom, walked, and home doing laundry, such a fun day! 

Mom was in a better mood today.  Still says they don't feed her.  I know different!  They are keeping her near the Bistro, after breakfast so she will eat lunch and not junk!  I had to stop leaving out "Debbie cakes" she will eat all of them.  I hide them in her cabinets!  I also put the candies out of her reach.  I keep her stocked, but have to limit her daily ingestion of these foods.  I do bring mandarin oranges from home, peel them and put them in a bowl for her to snack on.  Maybe I should leave a couple and the staff can peel and put out for her.  She can't peel them due to the arthritis in her hands! 

Luke went back to his house, in the Smokies.  I hated to see him leave.  Love when he visits.  He washed his car and my car this weekend!  Got to love that boy! LOL! 

I'm prepping stuff to take back to SC for the Estate sale.  Mom doesn't need 10+ summer housecoats!  She no longer stays in PJ's all day.  She wears clothes, real clothes!  I also pared down her winter housecoats!  Kept one for me, mine bit the dust a few years back and I have been too lazy to replace it!  Got her winter night gowns to her last night and the winter clothes bin is in my car.  Need help to bring it in!  I'm looking forward to this pare-down!   I will regain my house, or at least more of it! 

Still feel like I am treading water.  Every once and a while I get a foothold, and feel like that tunnel light is getting bigger.  I am getting ready to get a realtor for the house.  Will put it on the market after the Estate sale!  That will be a huge foothold! 

Leftovers for supper.  I love easy meals! LOL! 

No real earth shattering news from my little corner of the world!  Same stuff different day, just getting to be less and less.  I do wish I could make the wheels go faster, but they are what they are, I have to have patience!  Once I sell all of mom's stuff I don't have to go to Columbia any more!  I don't know that I will miss it!  

Love y'all, wish I could come visit more often.  Hopefully, soon I can! 

10/09/2023 2:44 pm  #15

Sandra, your cat in the pumpkin is so cute! I'm glad "your guy" took care of cleaning up your garden bed for you. I'm cutting back on potted plants next year. It was such a hot miserable summer & my zinnias didn't do good nor the petunias. I can add more plants to the bigger pots.

Theresa, I got my fall decorations up too. I'm taking half of them to Salvation Army, so I've really cut back. Sorry your Mom is giving you some grief. Does she ever say she doesn't want to be there, she wants to go home? Good luck on the estate sale. Will you have to be present or is someone handling that for you?

I finally finished my master bedroom and bath. I'll straighten up under the vanity later tonight and it will be organized and clean. I'll be going thru the closet in this bedroom and getting rid of some purses, Christmas decor, wreaths, etc. 

I briefly turned on the heat this morning. I wanted to give it a test run to make sure it was working fine. 

I have a headache from lack of sleep. Going to see if I can take a nap.

Last edited by DownSouth (10/09/2023 2:50 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/09/2023 3:44 pm  #16

Good afternoon, ladies!🤗  I hope everyone is well!

I've had such good intentions with trying to get here more, but my schedule simply hasn't allowed it until today. 🤪

We had an absolutely beautiful weekend with lovely,  warm days! Today is cloudy and much cooler with temperatures in the low 60s.  Although we're expecting rain, it hasn't done so yet. 

We are enjoying a beautiful autumn display of colors!  Just spectacular!

Janet, my heart is heavy for Israel! 🙏🏻

Theresa, you've certainly hand your hands full!

Trish, I'm sorry about your SIL!

It certainly sounds as though I'm counting the deaths, doesnt it?  I speak with Mom on the phone daily, and I let her talk about whatever she wants to.  She often brings up the losses she has experienced the last few years, and she enjoys talking about the memories shared with each person, including Dad. 

My sister, the one who lives with her, doesn't like for Mom to talk to her about any of it at all.  Ever!  But I know Mom needs to, so I just let her guide the conversation while I keep it from getting too heavy.  Mom needs someone to talk to, someone to listen,   but perhaps it has been affecting me more than I've known.  However, I do feel better, lighter, so that's wonderful! 🙏🏻

Speaking of Mom, I better run!   

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

10/09/2023 8:43 pm  #17

Good evening all,

Holly, I did not want to turn my heat on just yet either, but it was 38 degrees outside and 59 in my house.  I gave in and turned it on.  Dean said he wanted to make sure everything worked before it gets really cold anyway.  So, mine was on all day.  Aaron took Amelia tent camping with the Girl Scouts on Saturday and he said they were cold during the night but OK during the day.  Of course, it was the coldest night (and rainy) that we have had for  a while.  However, it was Trick or Treat at the campground so Amelia did not mind the cold. 

I made the chicken and stuffing casserole for supper yesterday.  It was good.  I used to make my own sauce instead of canned soup but these days I just buy the low sodium cream of chicken soup.  I have cut the recipe down since it is just Dean and I.

Diane, the leaves are turning here in NE Ohio too.  It is just beautiful.  I don't want to think that in a couple of weeks the leaves will be all gone.

Trish, I have been making scrap quilts too and my stash is still large.  I think I have made 20 small quilts to date.  I actually should call them blankets since I did not put batting in half of them.  I think I will make some for the Children's Hospital next.  They only want the quilts to be no more than 36" and softly quilted, not stiff.  They put them over the incubators for the preemie babies and they get to take them home.  Gabriel still has the one he came home with.  I have lots of juvenile prints in my stash.

I don't do a lot of decorating for fall.  I do not like Halloween at all so no scary stuff for me.  I put out a pumpkin and my little decorative flag of fall colors.  Done.

Trish, Homecoming is during football season and the school alumni is invited to come back for a dance.  They are usually recognized during or before the game and are asked to stand for a minute to be welcomed "home".  Hince, Homecoming Dance.  

Till later!

10/09/2023 10:32 pm  #18

Monday,  October 9, 2023. 9:25pm

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Hope you all had a good day..

DGS is 2 1/2 years old.. still in 90% area for age..  last week when we took DH Elmer  in for his TAVR, dd, dsil, and I took dgs to the OHSU outside playground..  there were 2 other kids there, he was as tall if not a little taller..  they were 4 years old, but may have been on the smaller size due to their medical issues..  dgs is a very busy boy,  at times he is getting into everything he can reach, he can reach halfway back on the counters, just standing on the floor..

Prayers  that all sleep well..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

10/10/2023 6:46 am  #19

ITS GETTING COOLER.  TODAY IN THE 50S MAYBE HITTING 61 LATER BUT NICE AND SUNNY.  I TURNED OFF MY A/C UNIT SO ITS READY FOR REMOVAL IF THIS IS THE DAY.  IT COULD BE ANY TUES FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS.  MY BEDROOM WINDOW IS OPEN FOR FRESH AIR.  MY FANS ARE READY.  NO HEAT TURNED ON YET.  I AM PACKAGED BETWEEN APTS SO MINE IS USUALLY WARM RIGHT UP TIL END OF NOVEMBER BEFORE I NEED TO TURN ON MY HEAT.
I DID NOT DO MY LAUNDRY YESTERDAY.  ONE OF THE WASHERS WAS OUT-OF-ORDER SO THAT MEANT A RUSH ON THE LAUNDRY YESTERDAY.  EVERYONE WANTS TO BE SURE THEY HAVE CLOTHES.  ME, I HAVE SO MANY CLOTHES IN MY CLOSET I COULD DO WITHOUT LAUNDRY FOR A MONTH OF MORE WITHOUT WORRY.  SO I AM WAITING FOR THE RUSH TO LESSEN.  ITS LIKE WHEN A STORM IS EXPECTED.  THE GROCERY STORES GET JAMMED.

HOLLY.......I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT A HAIRCUT.  IT FEELS SO MUCH BETTER AFTERWARDS.  GLAD YOU COULD GET YOURS DONE.

THERESA.......I LOVE WHEN YOU HAVE DIPPY EGGS FOR BREAKFAST.  I LOVE THOSE THINGS, TOO.  
ITS NICE YOU ARE WINDING DOWN AND THE ESTATE SALE WILL SOON BE OVER AND THE HOUSE UP FOR SALE.
SORRY MOM IS GETTING SO TROUBLESOME FOR YOU.  ITS A NEW AND STRANGE PLACE FOR HER.  IT MAY TAKE MORE TIME FOR HER TO SETTLE IN COMFORTABLY.

CHERYL.......ITS SMART FOR HUBBY TO TURN ON THE HEAT NOW TO BE SURE ITS IN GOOD RUNNING ORDER FOR WHEN ITS TRULY NEEDED.  BEST TO TAKE CARE OF THOSE MATTERS BEFORE URGENCY BECKONS.
I, TOO, WILL PROBABLY BE CUTTING DOWN ON THE CHICKEN/DRESSING CASSEROLE TO A 9 BY 9 PAN SO I DO NOT HAVE TO EAT IT FOR 4 DAYS.  I CAN STILL SHARE WITH A COUPLE OTHERS BUT THE BIGGY WILL BE SAVED FOR WHEN MY SON IS EXPECTED.  HE LOVES IT, TOO, AND TAKES HOME A GOOD PORTION.
WHEN I BELONGED TO THE TEXAS GUILD, WE MADE QUILTS FOR THE PREEMIES, TOO.  THEY DRAPED THEM OVER THE INCUBATORS SO THEY COULD FIND THEIR LITTLE DARLINGS EASIER.  THEY KNEW WHICH WAS THEIR QUILT AND THEY ALSO TOOK THEM HOME LATER.

I FORGOT WHO SAID THEIR BOY WAS CONCERNED BECAUSE HE WAS TOO SHORT FROM HIS FRIENDS.  WELL, MY SON WENT THRU THE SAME THING.  I THINK HE WAS 13 WHEN HE GOT VERY WORRIED.  HIS BUDDIES WERE SO MUCH TALLER THAN HIM.  HIS DAD TOLD HIM THAT HE, TOO, WAS SHORT WHEN YOUNGER BUT THEN HAD A GROWTH SPURT IN HIS TEENS SO HE SHOT UP TO 6 FOOT.  WELL, MY SON SHOT UP TO 6 FOOT TWO, EYES OF BLUE SO YOUNG BOYS SHOULD NOT WORRY WHEN STILL YOUNG.  THERE'S HOPE FOR THEM STILL WHEN ONLY IN EARLY TEENS.

I WENT THRU OUR RECIPES THREAD LAST NITE AND WROTE OUT SEVERAL OF THE RECIPES.  MOSTLY THE CROCK-POT ONES BUT ALSO SOME OTHERS.  LADIES, YOU HAVE SOME GOOD ONES LISTED, THANK YOU.  I PUT AWAY MY AIR FRYER AND WILL GET OUT THE CROCK-POT FOR USE NOW.  THAT AND CASSEROLES AND SKILLET DINNERS SEEM TO BE BEST FOR ME.  I CAN STILL SHARE AND THEY WILL GIVE ME MANY MEALS SO LESS COOKING TIME NEEDED. 

I AM GRATEFUL FOR ANOTHER LOVELY FALL DAY.
AND FOR A CLOSET OF CLOTHES TO KEEP ME CLEAN
AND FAMILY THAT CHECK IN WITH ME DAILY TO BE SURE I AM OK.

THAT'S IT FOLKS.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/10/2023 7:06 am)

10/10/2023 8:13 am  #20

41* this morning and now 49!   We have had the heat on for two days now….not high enough IMHO.  DH can’t stand being cold anymore.  When we were young, he kept the house temp real low.  I have pics of the kids (ages 3-4) in hoodies with the hoods up, inside. 
   DH is still being annoying, nasty and irritable.  Yesterday he wanted a haircut.  Never let someone who’s angry at you cut your hair!  I buzzed his hair without a guard.    . I don’t think he’ll be asking for another for a while. Ha.
    I was invited to join a new quilt Bee.  It’s meeting today.  Do I really need to belong to 3?  I’ll go and check it out.  It will get me out and away from Mr Nasty.
   I got a haircut this morning.  It’s ok.  🤪
     Our trip to the Drag racing event next week has fallen to the wayside.  Good.

Board footera