OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/20/2023 8:20 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 15 ~ SAT OCT 21

SANDRA, SO GLAD YOU FOUND THE FABRIC!

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/21/2023 2:27 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

10/20/2023 9:29 am  #42

TRISH.......THINKING OF YOU.......I JUST SAW THAT THE MOVIE, THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR, FROM 1947 WITH REX HARRISON AND GENE TIERNEY PLAYS TONITE AT 8 PM. OUR TIME ON OUR TCM CHANNEL.  I HAVE SET IT TO RECORD SO I DON'T MISS IT.  ITS DIFFERENT FROM THE SERIES BECAUSE THE SERIES IS COMICAL AS WELL AS SERIOUS.

Last edited by quiltbea (10/20/2023 9:30 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/20/2023 10:06 am  #43

Good Morning, just took Frank his coffee.  I slept until 8 this morning, really lazy!!  Rhonda is camping down on the coast, nice for her!!  Glad she got away.  It is slightly breezy this morning, no sun.  But it's 60 already.  I have no plans for the day, Tracy is coming tonight, I believe Jamie is coming too, not positive though.  Will be very nice to have them.

I have nothing to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

10/20/2023 10:26 am  #44

We did our errands, went to pay the local water and sewer, hit the MAC machine (ATM), and went to the liquor store to get local wine to give to Charlotte at her party Sunday night for her birthday. We brought home Chick Fil Et for lunch. 
Now I’m going to settle in with my library book, The Survivors Club by Lisa Gardner.

10/20/2023 1:28 pm  #45

Home. We went to lunch at Cheddars.

SANDR,, YOU BEAT ME TO MENTION THE MOVIE ON TURNER CLAASIC CHANNEL. THINK THE LITTLE GIRL IS PLAYED BY NATALIE WOOD. MAY BE WRONG.. ANYWAY, LOVE THE MOVIE.

OFF TO REST A BIT.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/21/2023 2:26 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

10/20/2023 3:15 pm  #46

Met Gary at Jeffersons. Haven't been there since Billy died; best angus burger I've had in years. I gave him $200 because I know he's broke. He offered to pay me back, but it's a gift.

Came home and worked on this quilt for 2 hours. That's too long for me to sit and now I'm paying for it. It takes almost an hour to do one row of embroidery quilting. I'll do another row later today when my back is behaving. One row is 6 blocks.

Sandra, so glad you found your fabric!

My ex-DIL's grandmother may get to go home, but she can't live by herself anymore. At 94, wouldn't they know that? She has the most beautiful view from her house in the north GA mountains. You can see a creek way down below and the fall view is amazing. The last time I was there she said a baby bear cub was climbing up the post on her back porch.  Her grandfather died at this house when they were building it. He fell down the basement steps.

Last edited by DownSouth (10/20/2023 3:23 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/20/2023 4:29 pm  #47

Devonne, I understand how you feel about helping your son. David and I have an agreement that any money I give him is a “loan” that I don’t expect him to repay unless I need it. However, when I die, Lynn is to get an amount equal to the loan before they divide any money I have.

Lynn got some good news last week. The tumor has shrunk even more than hoped for so now the oncologist says she does not have to have a mastectomy, lumpectomy will be enough. Surprisingly to me, the long term outlook is the same with either type of surgery. She has one more chemo treatment in two weeks, surgery a few weeks later. These last two chemo treatments are a different combination of drugs than the first twelve. Unfortunately, she is having somewhat worse nausea. She keeps telling herself “only two of these”.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/21/2023 2:26 am)

10/21/2023 2:50 am  #48

SANDRA I am glad to see you found the fabric, I can't find the one I had, it's probably not quite right anyway LOL It was a Japanese print, kind of graduated greens, mostly lime and with gold all through it, but not heavy. I might look again tomorrow. So nice you helped a friend, maybe a few of you could take turns in the night, and do a game each.

I FOUND MY PINCUSHION LOL and of course I put it there, it was inside my small machine I take to class, I put it into the throat place, then put the carry lid on and forgot about it! I do have another pincushion that our beautiful BJ sent me, and I use it, but never take it anywhere, so I now have ANOTHER small pincushion, and I needed the pins anyway.

STRINGS I think you might be right, it is Natalie Wood, she was so young!! It's not showing here, I might find it somewhere online - but those old movies are hard to find.

MARYLOU such good news for Lynn - I know she has probably tried lots of things, but Dianne had great success with the seasick bands you wear on your wrist, they aren't expensive if you want to try them, she tried lots of things, but they worked a treat, and the bonus is of course no medication. 

DEVONNE You are great to your sons, both of them (helping out with Carter as well  ) and I know he would have been glad of the money, my dad used to help out if we needed it at any time, and I do the same for my kids (and grands) no point in having them go wanting if you are able to help. So sad for her grandma, I didn't actually think she would survive the brain injury, poor thing, she must be a "tough old bird" as they say here.

INDY isn't it frustrating, I have lost count of the posts I've lost, and usually long ones too. Hope all is well with you both.

JANET sounds like might be good for him to find someone to lunch with, here we have Men's Sheds, they do all sorts of things, some of the men don't really do anything, but they make furniture for kids pre-school, fix things, all sorts of things, it's great for them to have other men to talk too. Most areas have one, and they are usually busy. Our Gary (Di's) goes to one - it's been great for him.

HOLLY I haven't heard of that author, I haven't found anyone I like at the moment, I got a few on Kindle but didn't finish them, they were on the Unlimited membership. I'll see if she has books on there.

I am recovering, the antibiotics worked fast, he's still coughing, BUT he hasn't rested at all, so his problem.
I haven't been to training, but should be ok next week. 
I've pottered around, and Friday was stuck at home for HIS car, when he went to go out the battery was dead, the car is only 18 months old, they came and got it going, I had to have it running in the driveway for at least 1/2 hour, so had to watch it, then drive around for 1/2 hour before taking it to the dealer. They said it SHOULD be ok till they can fit it in next Tues, they have to run diagnostics on the battery and the test takes 5 hours, it's all under warranty of course, we could buy a new battery ourselves, but they won't pay for it if we do, NOW he's cross because Tuesday is his bowls day (after playing everyday this week since Tuesday LOL) and he can't have my car again, I have training, then a hair appointment. So tough luck for him, he can stay home for a change!

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/21/2023 2:54 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/21/2023 7:44 am  #49

WE ARE EXPECTING RAIN ALL WEEKEND BUT SO FAR ITS ONLY GRAY SKIES.  TEMPS ARE FINE TOUGH.  MY SON SHOPS BUT I AM STAYING INDOORS SO THAT'S OK.
I MADE THE MAC AND CHEESE LAST NITE FOR EVERYONE'S SUPPER.  I LET THEM KNOW BEFOREHAND SO THEY COULD ARRANGE THEIR MEAL.  I HAD 4 I SHARED WITH AND WILL SEND SOME HOME WITH MY SON TODAY ALONG WITH HIS SHARE OF THE BUNDIES.  THOSE HE LOVES BEST.  I DO NOT SHARE BUNDIES WITH THE FOLKS HERE.  I CAN'T MAKE ENOUGH TO BE GENEROUS AND THEY TAKE SO LONG FOR A SINGLE BATCH OF 16 SMALL ONES SO JUST MAKE THEM FOR ME AND MY SON.  THE CASSEROLES ARE A DIFFERENT STORY.

MARYLOU......SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT LYNN IS HAVING GOOD NEWS ABOUT HER SURGERY, ETC.  ITS GOOD SHE IS DOING SO WELL BUT SORRY SHE HAS THE PROBS THAT GO ALONG WITH THE TREATMENT.  HUGS FOR HER.
TRISH......HOW NICE YOU FOUND YOUR PIN CUSHION.  WE WERE BOTH HUNTERS LOOKING FOR A LOST ITEM AND LUCKY FOR US, WE BOTH FOUND OURS.  GOOD FOR US.
GLAD TO HEAR, TOO, THAT YOU'RE RECOVERING SLOWLY BUT SURELY.  YOU WILL GET BACK TO TRAINING SOON AND FEEL LIKE YOUR OLD SELF.  HANG IN THERE.
DEVONNE.......I GUESS WE ARE ALIKE, MANY OF US.  WE CAN'T STAND ASIDE AND SEE OUR KIDS SUFFER UNDULY IF WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  SOME ARE BETTER OFF FINANCIALLY HERE BUT WE ALL DO WHAT WE CAN.
LINDA.......HOW DID YOUR LATEST APPOINTMENT GO?

MY LIST FOR TODAY IS.....
1.  THANKFUL FOR THE MONEY I CAN SHARE WITH MY KIDS WHEN THEY NEED IT.
2.  THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS HERE IN THE BUILDING WHO SHARE ALONG WITH ME EVEN IF ITS STORE-BOUGHT DESSERTS.  MMMM GOOD!
3.  THANKFUL TO WAKE UP ANOTHER MORNING ABLE TO FEND FOR MYSELF.
STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/21/2023 7:55 am)

10/21/2023 8:18 am  #50

Trish, one of the best books I’ve read this year was by Charlie Donlea, called Those Empty Eyes. He has some on Kindle Unlimited, not sure if that’s one. 

It’s drizzley out. Ralph went to Heather’s with things for her yard sale. Tucker was here with a price to convert the porch. More than I expected, but I’m going for it. He’ll do up a contract, and order the windows. 

I’ve also helped out my girls on occasion, years ago. They all have good jobs now, and are in good shape, knock wood. I credit my mom for pushed the importance of a good education for women, from the time they were toddlers. 

I spent some time putting things away, I had containers of yarn in the living room.

10/21/2023 9:29 am  #51

Good Morning, everyone!!  Glad to hear from so many.  Tracy and Jamie arrived last evening.  So nice to have them here.  Jamie just got up and is wandering around somewhere and Frank got up; they are going out to breakfast.  Tracy is still sleeping, good for her.

It is very still outside, no sun, and not a breath of air stirring.  I'm so sad that I cannot read any more.  I used to read a lot and miss it so much.   Just part of life, I guess!!   I'm guessing Tracy will make us breakfast when she gets up and I'll take a shower.  She's a peach, helping me with shower and getting dressed.  Don't know what I'd do without her.

Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

10/21/2023 10:15 am  #52

Good morning, everyone. I had Eggos and coffee for breakfast and I'm back in the sewing room. After I quilted the first two blocks, I realized you don't need to take the bottom hoop off the machine. Lay the quilt on the hoop and drop the top magnetic hoop on. I make sure it's lined up before I start the machine. I want to push the foot pedal, as I've never quilted on an embroidery machine. I messed up on two blocks, but this is trial and error. I am not redoing them. You have to be careful and hold the heavy part of the quilt or it will get the design off.

Two weeks ago, I paid full price for some designs at Embroidery Designs and now these same designs are $.75 each! It's their birthday sale! I'll be buying a lot more his weekend! They have a lot of kids' designs Embroidery Library doesn't have and that has been my "go to" site for designs. 

Marylou, that is wonderful news!! 

Holly, so happy you are getting the porch fixed like you want it. You will really enjoy it! Do before and after pictures for us. 

Sandra, you are making me want to fix casseroles and Mac & Cheese, lol! 

Trish, does Di's Gary date at all?

We all know money doesn't go very far these days. I bought $125 in groceries last week & put them up in 5 minutes, lol. Now that Emily is working full time, they will get back on their feet. He didn't get a good report from his neurologist at Emory on his cognitive skill tests. 

After organizing my sewing room for two weeks, I have also "lost" something. My magnetic hoop has two ruler guides I was supposed to put on, but I put them on a shelf (or thought I did). I had to use blue painters tape to mark where the center of these blocks are. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/21/2023 10:23 am)

D e v o n n e

10/21/2023 1:07 pm  #53

FYI......I HAVE NO CELL PHONE FOR NOW.  MY SON BROUGHT MINE IN AND WAS TOLD THE BATTERY WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO EXPODING, THAT'S WHY THE BACK WAS SWELLING AND GETTING FATTER.  LONG STORY SHORT, THEY WILL BE MAILIING ME A NEW PHONE SO I GET IT MONDAY OR TUESDAY AND THEN MY SON HAS TO BRING BOTH INTO THEIR OFFICE SO THEY CAN SWAP THINGS FROM ONE TO THE OTHER.  IN THE MEANTIME THE OLD CELL IS IN A BAG OF RICE IN A BOX IN THE HALLWAY.  THEY TOLD HIM NOT TO USE IT BUT THEY WILL NEED IT BACK FOR THE SWAP OFF.  IF IT GOES OFF, IT WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH ANY APT BUT SINCE ITS TURNED OFF NOW IT SHOULD BE SAFE.  SO ITS A GOOD THING HE BROUGHT IT IN WHEN HE DID.

I AM GOING TO REST FOR THE DAY.  HE SPENT A GOODLY SUM FOR MY GROCERIES THIS WEEK BUT THERE WAS ALSO A BIG PACK OF AAA BATTERIES IN THE ORDER.  I PUT SOME THINGS AWAY BUT HAVE STILL TO MARK MY BOXES AND CANS WITH THEIR BEST BY DATE.  I DO THAT ON ALL INCOMING FOODS.

DEVONNE......I HOPE YOU FIND THE OBJECTS THAT ARE MISSING.  STRANGE SO MANY OF US HAD THINGS LOST THIS MONTH.
GOOD TO HEAR THAT WITH EMILY WORKING THINGS WILL IMPROVE AT GARY'S HOUSE.  TOO BAD, THOUGH, HIS LATEST REPORT WASN'T THE BEST.  ITS ALWAYS A WORRY, OUR KIDS.

SEE YA.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (10/21/2023 1:16 pm)

Board footera