OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/24/2023 4:15 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY OCT 15 ~ SAT OCT 21

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/14/2023 10:01 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 15 ~ SAT OCT 21

Just bumping up quickly. I've had a massive headache and don't want to aggravate it.  Back on Monday.  Busy weekend.  Memorial Service for a friend.

Hugs!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

10/14/2023 11:38 pm  #3

Thank you DIANE I am so sorry about your head, hope you feel better soon. I think I have been busier now than when I worked full time LOL

SANDRA I didn't know there was a series of the movie, I will do a little googling. I have plenty of leftovers tonight, I took the boys a HUGE meal, should have been plenty for their lunch today, however John tells me that Dean ate most of it, I suspect he did pretty well too LOL

INDY are you resting, it's good to have a few days with nothing. I am hoping for a few, BUT the Mr has a cold, and you know how that goes LOL He's NOT a  good patient!

I have lost my train of thought, got back from all day sewing, my Jane block had tons of pieces, and there were 3 parts that had 6 pieces of fabric which when trimmed  became 1" finished size, so, so tiny, took me most of our time to do that one block, although I did do another.

HOLLY - PLEASE  EVERYONE ELSE SCROLL ON BY - the referendum was SUPPOSED to be a question on recognising our Aboriginal or Indigenous people in our constitution, that document is our ONE set of laws and is for the whole country. I had no idea they weren't in the constitution, as it represents all Australians. So not sure what that is about. They have passports, birth certificates etc, so if that was necessary the majority of us (up to about 8 months ago) were in agreement. THEN they changed the question, (and made it one question instead of 2 parts ) and included a "Voice to Parliament" which would give 3% of the population (the total of Aboriginal population) a separate committee to make submissions  to the government and  there was no information about who, how many and how it would work, but we were expected to vote for it because it was a nice thing to do, once it's in the constitution it's there forever, it can't just be changed or added to.
THEN  the one page document turned out to have many pages of "how to" attached to it, with many grievances about land ownership,  treaties, reparations and money from taxes and oil, coal mining. So people started asking questions, and then if you said you didn't want that you were called a racist. It's gotten pretty ugly. The problem is that there are hundreds of tribes (different languages, customs etc) so while there are some very marginalised peoples IF their men leaders don't want to change they won't, and there has been hundreds of millions directed to Aboriginal groups (and there are many, many of them)  to help, it seems like there is no accountability for the money. One group has had over $500 million.
Our Minister for Aboriginal affairs seems to have no clue about what she does, and no information was given to the public EXCEPT we should do it because it's a nice thing to do. The activists have come out strongly for the Voice, but we also have many many Aboriginal people against it, saying it won't help. It has divided the county and the only good that it has done is make people aware of how much money is being funnelled into groups. So while people are hurting economically with cost of food, power etc this has cost the government almost $400 million to run this referendum, and a lot feel the money could have been better spent.

SORRY TO EVERYONE ELSE! WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

I had a lovely time sewing on Friday and today. It's so nice to have friends to chat to while we sew. 
So that is one of my things.
Another is the the day has been beautiful and we are so lucky to have such a gorgeous country to live in!
And the last is for Leftovers or as our DARLING BJ says SREVOTFEL  - I love that, no cooking for me!

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/14/2023 11:45 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/15/2023 7:33 am  #4

Trish- I found your response to Holly very interesting.

10/15/2023 7:36 am  #5

This past Friday was a beautiful day…upper 70’s and sunny.  Did we winterize and cover the pool?  No. DH decided to stain a railroad tie wall instead.  Yesterday it poured all day.  So now we have to do it today.  The prediction is mid 50’s, cloudy and windy.  Perfect!  NOT! 😡.

10/15/2023 9:11 am  #6

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you're all having a nice day, it is cloudy and windy this morning, it is early so I'm the only one up.  Will take my shower when Tracy is up to help me.  Kendra came with her too, a very nice surprise.

Have no plans for the day, I'm feeling very lazy so will move slowly!  I fell last evening, trying to make a picture seeable, is that a word, the curtains in the living room make it difficult to see, so I was trying to make it seeable!  Anyway, I fell in the process, so Tracy and Kendra were able to lift me up and I'll be more careful now!!  And Tracy put the edge of the curtains behind the picture I was trying to make seeable, so now it looks nice.  I'm not even sure 'seeable' is a word!!!

The rent is due on one of our rentals, so I expect a visitor some time today.  That will be nice.  Next year we will have to do some work on the rentals, should have done some this year, but didn't so it will have to wait.
Well, don't have much to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

10/15/2023 9:24 am  #7

ITS ANOTHER GORGEOUS DAY HERE WITH SUNSHINE BUT TEMPS WILL ONLY HIT HIGH 50Sf.  STILL LOVELY TO ME.
I NEVER FOUND THAT SHINY FABRIC I WAS HUNTING BUT MY WALK-IN IS NICE AND RE-ORGANIZED AND I DREW A PLAN OF WHAT WAS WHERE IN IT AND STUCK IT ON THE DOORJAMB.  EASY TO SEE.  I ALSO REARRANGED MY CLOTHING SO THAT THE SUMMER TOPS AND DRESSES ARE IN THE REAR FOR THE WINTER. 
TODAY I WILL GO THRU MY FABRIC PILES IN MY TWO GLASS-FRONTED CUPBOARDS TO SEE WHERE MY SATINY FABRIC IS HIDING.  I HAVE A BAG OF THE LOVELY SOLIDS IN CLEAR VIEW.  I USE THOSE FOR THE FACE-SIDE OF MY SLEEP MASKS.  IT FEELS SO GOOD ON YOUR FACE WITH THAT FABRIC. I HAVE MY PATTERNS AND HOLIDAY FABRICS IN 2 PLASTIC CONTAINERS NOW AND EASY TO FIND.  ALSO MY WIPS AND PATTERNS I WANT TO FINISH SOMEDAY.  GETTING THINGS IN ORDER WILL MAKE SEWING MUCH EASIER THIS WINTER.
TONITE WILL BE STEAK FOR SUPPER.  I HAVE SOME IN THE FREEZER I NEED TO USE SO I DEFROSTED SOME FOR TODAY.  MAYBE WITH MASHED POTATOES IF I CAN GET UP THE ENERGY FOR THOSE.  OTHERWISE IT WILL BE A SALAD.
NOTHING ELSE EXCITING HAPPENING HERE.  I NEED TO GET OUT WITH MY TRASH AND MAYBE I'LL VACUUM BUT IF I DON'T GET TO IT I WILL DO IT TOMORROW.  I LOVE THAT SAYING.....
"I'LL DO IT TOMORROW!"  ITS TOPS IN MY VOCABULARY.
I AM GRATEFUL:
1.  FOR THE ABILITY STILL TO SEW.
2.  FOR THE ABILITY STILL TO COOK AND DO SOME HOUSE-CLEANING, SUCH AS IT IS, THOUGH NOT AS OFTEN FOLKS.
3.  ENOUGH TO LIVE ON COMFORTABLY WITH A FEW PERKS NOW AND THEN.

STAY SAFE.  HUGS TO ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/15/2023 9:31 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/15/2023 1:08 pm  #8

BJ, so sorry you fell. It happens so easy when we get older. 

Sandra, it sounds like you have gotten motivated! This is the first year I haven't bought any new clothes. I didn't need anymore and I have enough for our cruise in February. 

Trish, sounds complex and complicated. I don't think it should have been voted down, but I don't understand why the "voice of Parliament" was necessary.

Today is gorgeous. It doesn't feel like it's only 59 degrees. I did a small load of laundry and vacuumed the sewing room. Will vacuum again later after I move the plastic mat. Resting for the most part until I pick up a grocery order at 7:00. Greg is signing up for the Walmart home delivery for $99. His Walmart is further away than mine so I won't sign up yet.

Today is a special day for me. I moved here 3 years ago on October 15, 2020. It's hard to believe I've been here that long. I'm still surprised how quiet it is. I thought I would hear children every day, loud music and partying, but that hasn't happened. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/15/2023 1:11 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/15/2023 1:42 pm  #9

Wow, Devonne, it doesn’t seem like 3 years already! 

Trish, both parties do that here, and it’s so annoying. A bill is written to do X, which is perfectly reasonable. Then Y and Z are added, the A B and C, and the cost goes up so much. They are all a pain. 

We had a nice lunch at a local restaurant with F and C. When we got home I made a batch of cookies, which are in the oven. Cheesecake sugar cookies, we’ll see how they come out. 

Ralph bought turkey bacon. It looks and smells terrible to me, and doesn’t crisp up. He’s tossing most of the package, he found he doesn’t care for it. 

10/15/2023 2:16 pm  #10

The pool is officially closed. DH is doing some minor adjustments of the cover. It took us about 3 hours. BUT no fights and no one fell into the frigid water.  Tomorrow he will clean and winterize the filter and put away the small items and extra chemicals and then it’s bye bye till April.

Last edited by Missmommy (10/15/2023 2:16 pm)

10/15/2023 5:20 pm  #11

HOLLY that isn't what it is here, in a referendum the whole country votes, and a majority of the peoples votes PLUS a majority of the states must agree, it's a change to our constitution, and quite rare. It's not political (although it's made by the government in power) and the vote was carried by mostly people OUT of the cities, and in the surburbs and country areas where a lot of Aboriginals live. 

SANDRA I love the idea of putting up a label, it would make life so much easier. I have lost my pin cushion, trying to get in touch with the LQS to see if it got picked up there, annoying (and expensive) and I had it loaded with my best pins. I use Clover and they are expensive, I've been through everything here, emptied out my bag just to be sure - darn it, it was a great pincushion. 
I might try the label on my pantry, I have stuff in there that is not needed. 

BJ you sound good, I hope you have no issues from the fall, you have great neighbours!

DEVONNE as it is being reported over the world it sounds like a great idea, and if it was not added too with all the activists using their own agenda of grievance and reparations etc  it would have passed, when even the Aboriginal people vote against it there is something wrong. We all want them to have better and live longer,  and many, many do, but in the outback they are mostly ruled by their men and that needs to change, sounds simple, but very very difficult. How do you change what they don't want changed. I wish you could all read what people are saying here, one of our Aboriginal people said that " his people needed to stop being victims and expect governments to look after them, history has shown many countries were brutally colonised and that is just how it was, it can''t be changed" 

It's an awful time here, the country is divided and we need to stop it, most people feel that this could be a new beginning for everyone to work together. 

JANET mostly we don't close up pools, I know a few do near me, but I never did, I cleaned and treated it all winter, we got use out of it at least 8  months of the year, all the kids here loved swimming, my sis's grands have been in her pool for a couple months now, and will swim till at least late April.  I'm glad you didn't get tossed in LOL

The Mr is still unwell, he's coughing and and pain in the **** honestly hope I don't get it, he insists he's playing bowls this week, so I'm not arguing, he can survive it by himself LOL

John is doing Maths today, he does advanced Maths and it's not easy. He will be glad this one is over, then he has a break till next week, so I hope he puts the time to good use, no harm in hoping LOL

Megan was grateful I did a load of washing on Friday night when I was there, she is OCD like her dad, so I know it wasn't hung out right, tough luck, it was done. The boys have great fun loading the dishwasher incorrectly, they do like to push her buttons.

I'm going to try the LQS again, and possibly will need to go there to get new pins, I have some here, but I will need more.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/15/2023 5:23 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/15/2023 11:22 pm  #12

Sunday  October  15, 2023 10:16pm

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Hope you  have all had a good day  and will have a good day  tomorrow also..

Not much happening here..  looks like the bottoms of DH Elmer's feet are almost healed..

Still waiting for my sewing machine to be set up so I can machine sew..  so much sewing to get done..

Later all. ..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

10/16/2023 9:16 am  #13

ITS LOOKS LIKE RAIN IS ON ITS WAY.  VERY CLOUDY TODAY.  BUT TEMPS ARE ABOUT THE SAME SO ITS NICE OUT OTHERWISE.
NEVER FOUND THAT BUNCH OF FANCY FABRIC AND I THINK I'VE CHECKED EVERYWHERE.  MAYBE I TOSSED IT BY MISTAKE WHEN I WAS CLEANING MY QUILT CORNER.  YOU KNOW, PUT IT IN THE WRONG BAG AND IT WENT OUT WITH THE TRASH?  I HOPE NOT BUT I FOUND A FEW SMALL REMMANTS AMONG MY BLUE STASH WHICH WILL WORK FOR LITTLE DRAGONS SO I AM OK ON THAT SCORE.
LAST NITE I COOKED MY STEAK WITH SWEET MINI-PEPPERS AND ONIONS FOR A NICE 4.5" LONG STEAK SANDWICH ROLL (I CUT THE ENDS OFF A 6" ROLL).  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR ANOTHER TODAY.  I AM KEEPING MY PORTIONS SMALLER (4 OZ OF STEAK) AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR ME.
I FOUND A CHICKEN AND PASTA CASSEROLE RECIPE I MAY TRY LATER TODAY.  I HAVE 2 CHICKEN BREASTS DEFROSTING RIGHT NOW.
I AM STILL RE-ORGANIZING TODAY.  I FOUND NEW STUFF NEVER OUT OF THEIR PACKAGES I AM OFFERING FIRST TO MY SON AND DAUGHTER, THEN TO THE FREE TABLE.  THINGS LIKE NEW CURTAINS, SHEETS, APRON, BED LAMP THAT CLAMPS ONTO THE BEDFRAME, NON-STICK ROLLING PIN, EGG MAKER FOR MAKING HARD BOILED EGGS OUT OF THEIR SHELLS.  AND OTHER THINGS.  EVEN A CLOTHES HAMPER.  AS FOR THE RHUMBA I BOUGHT MONTHS AGO, IT ONLY WORKS ON FLOORS, NOT MY CARPET SO MAYBE MY DAUGHTER CAN USE IT AT HER HOUSE.  MY 2 SMALL WOODEN FLOORS, KITCHEN AND BATHROOM, DO NOT NEED A RHUMBA.  I CAN GIVE THEM A QUICK SWEEP TO GET THEM CLEANED OF CRUMBS, ETC.

BJ......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FALL BUT GLAD YOU WERE NOT HURT.  AND THAT YOUR DAUGHTER WAS THERE TO HELP.  YOU HAVE TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL THESE DAYS.  TAKE A PAGE FROM MY BOOK.  THINK NOT TWICE, BUT THREE TIMES BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING THAT MAY END UP WITH BRUISES OR A FALL.

TRISH......FUNNY HOW YOUR DARLING IS SICK BUT FEELS HE CAN STILL MAKE IT TO BOWLS.  SOME THINGS ARE JUST TOP OF HIS LIST.

SAN.....GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  GLAD THAT ELMER IS HEALING.

DEVONNE........YOU ARE DOING QUITE A LOT OF PHYSICAL STUFF LATELY AND GETTING IT DONE.  DO NOT TRY TO OVERDO IT THOUGH.  YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR LIMITS BY NOW.  TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF.
AS FOR CLOTHES, I DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANYTHING NEW EITHER.  I HAVE OUTFITS I NEVER WEAR ANYMORE AND A COUPLE NEVER WORN AT ALL BUT I STILL HANG ONTO THEM.  I LIKE THEM AND MAYBE ONE DAY I MAY NEED THEM.

JANET......ANOTHER CHORE OFF THE TO-DO LIST WITH THE POOL PUT TO BED FOR THE WINTER.  THAT'S ALWAYS GOOD.

I'M THINKING OF COOKING MAYBE MAC AND CHEESE ON FRIDAY ALONG WITH BUNDIES SO MY SON CAN TAKE HOME FOOD AND NOT HAVE TO COOK AFTER HE SHOPS FOR ME.  HE ALWAYS GOES HOME WITH A COUPLE OF 12" ITALIAN SANWICHES I MAKE FRESH FOR HIM EVERY TIME AND THEN WHATEVER I MAKE THE DAY BEFORE.
WITH WINTER COMING I THINK I WILL START DRINKING TEA AGAIN AND COCOA.  I JUST FOUND SOME TEABAGS THAT SAID USE BY FEB 2022.  I TOSSED THOSE.  I NEED TO RESUPPLY THIS WEEKEND.  BUT I HAD SOME FRESH COCOA HANDY INSTEAD.
LET'S FINISH THIS OFF WITH MY GRATEFUL LIST:
I AM GRATEFUL FOR SO MANY THINGS IN MY LIFE, LIKE...
1.  A LOVELY RESTFUL VIEW OUT MY LIVING AND BEDROOM WINDOWS.
2.  A TRUSTY HUSQVARNA SEWING MACHINE THAT KEEPS ON TICKING.
3.  ENTERTAINMENT ON SPECTRUM CABLE TV THAT KEEPS ME ENJOYING MY EVENING PROGRAMS AND MOVIES.

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

PS.....DOES ANYONE USE THE FREE PLUTOTV?  I AM CURIOUS IF ITS ANY GOOD.

Last edited by quiltbea (10/16/2023 9:48 am)

10/16/2023 10:17 am  #14

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is pouring down rain, which we needed, hopefully it won't go on all day.  It is 61* outside, so not a terrible day, with the rain.  Think we still have some leftovers, so won't need to fix anything new today, but tomorrow, will have to find something.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

10/16/2023 12:00 pm  #15

Trish, yes, I've had a few restful days and this week appears less busy.  I do have a chiropractor visit tomorrow.  Hope you get the same and so sorry about the pin cushion loss.  Frustrating at best and I do hope it appears somewhere.  As for your country's issues, everything is so complicated everywhere.  
I tear my hair out with this old laptop.  Once again, Howard had to rescue me with the stern warning that he is more than through and we need to buy me a new one.  I concurred.  Don't know why I'm so reluctant to change and spend money.  So, if and when I disappear for a bit, that's why and I'll give someone a call so you know.  

ML has located with much effort and many hours, a childhood friend of mine through Ancestry. com.   It seemed like she fell off the face of the earth but turned out her and her husband's last name was misspelled in all but one of the sources ML checked.  Now, we decide if we should try and contact her.  I thought since ML spent so much time, it would be foolish not to, now, this morning, I'm not so sure.  I don't want to add any stress or complications to my life.  I'm thinking "one call" , but what if she wanted to pursue this further?  It was a long time ago, like more than  50 yrs. since we loss touch. This may sound like a silly thing to stew over, but I'm so much more fragile with anything that causes any stress and I am the one who can decide this...  
(from ML)  It's settled.  With her understanding my feeling, we will just let this go.  When it started, I made rhetorically, a simple question:  "Wonder whatever happened to *******?  Now, I know .
Need to go.  Lots to do.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (10/16/2023 12:10 pm)

10/16/2023 12:42 pm  #16

Howard just set me up with his Chromebook.  Trying it out...Wish me luck!  Indy

Last edited by indyanny (10/16/2023 12:43 pm)

10/16/2023 2:03 pm  #17

Judy- I go to the chiropractor every 3 weeks. 

Sandra- I probably have some satin/sateen fabric in my crazy quilting stash.  What colors do you need and I’ll look and mail it to you if I do.

54* high today. Brrr. Glad we did the pool yesterday.

Had lunch with a friend.  We generally go every other week.  DH is always cranky (crankier) on the days I go to lunch, guild, Bee, etc.  I finally figured it out…he’s jealous because he doesn’t have anyone to do anything with.  His own fault.  He doesn’t even try.  I tried to set him up but he always has a lame excuse.  🤷‍♀️. The kids always called him the hermit.

10/16/2023 5:56 pm  #18

JANET......THANKS FOR THE OFFER BUT THE FABRIC ISN'T EXACTLY SATIN BUT ITS SHINY AND PARTS OF IT GLOW IN SILVER AND GOLD THREADS.  LIKE THE REMNANTS BELOW.  I HAVE MANY SATINS IN MANY COLORS, BUT THIS FABRIC PARTICULAR TYPE IS WHAT I LOVE.   WHERE IT FLEW TO IS A MYSTERY BUT IT MAY HAVE ALL BEEN TOSSED IN ERROR.
IF YOU HAVE THIS TYPE, I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME.  REGULAR SOLID SATINS, THOUGH, I HAVE PLENTY IN MY STASH.  THANK YOU FOR YOU THOUGHTFULNESS IN ANY CASE.

THE BLACK PART AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PHOTO IS FROM MY FALLING-APART PHONE.  IT CUTS OFF THE BOTTOMS.  I HOPE TO GET THIS PHONE FIXED THIS WEEKEND AT LAST.  CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME ON THE FIX.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/16/2023 5:57 pm)

10/16/2023 6:09 pm  #19

Greg went to the office today, first time since Jan 2020. He plans on working 2 days/week in the office. It's a teachers workday, so I picked up Carter & we went to Jimmy Johns. While there, I got a call from his Mom. Her parents found her grandmother on the floor. That's all she said and she couldn't reach Greg. They live in Ellijay (North Georgia mountains) and she was transferred to Atlanta. Greg said she is 93 and it doesn't look good. 

Sandra, I have Pluto TV, but I seldom watch it. I normally stick with Netflix and You Tube. There are some classic shows on Pluto like Gunsmoke, Twilight Zone, Andy Griffin, Perry Mason, etc. if you don't get any of those. There are also free movies on You Tube that are full length, but they may come with ads (not sure?)

Judy, you may want to get ML to check the obituaries for your friend since it has been 50 years. Ancestry.com isn't always up to date. Just a thought, but I don't blame you for not pursuing it. 

I have to pick Carter up tomorrow at his school, as he has early release at 1:30. The rest of the week I get to stay at home and I hope to get back to my sewing projects. I came home and redid the sleeves on a new jacket for Carter. I had to cut off 4-5", it was so long. It turned out great, even with cuffed sleeves and no serger!

Diana, I hope you can get your sewing machine set up so you can work on your sewing projects. That's really good news about Elmer's feet. 

Instead of things I am thankful for, I want to list 3 things I wish for.

1. My wish is for Gary to get approved for SS disability. I read this is the worse they have been behind on disability claims in 14 years. 
2. I wish BJ will get a lot better in the coming year. 
3. I wish I could afford a newer embroidery machine..maybe in a year or 2? Is that selfish to wish for something for yourself, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (10/16/2023 6:14 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/16/2023 7:57 pm  #20

Sandra- I’ll look tomorrow

Board footera