OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/04/2023 7:33 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 29 ~ SAT NOV 4

ITS CLOUDY TODAY WITH RAIN IN THE SCHEDULE THIS WEEKEND.  TEMPS ABOUT THE SAME THOUGH.

I MADE THE BEEFY NOODLES SKILLET LAST NIGHT.  I THINK IT NEEDS SOMETHING ELSE TO BRIGHTEN IT UP.  TOO BLAND FOR ME.  I SHOULD HAVE ADDED MY USUAL RED PEPPR FLAKES, JUST A FEW.  I DON'T LIKE THINGS TOO 'HOT' SO JUST A FEW FLAKES WORKS FOR ME IN MOST RECIPES.
MY 2 TESTING NEIGHBORS THOUGHT IT WAS FINE.  BUT THEY MAY JUST BEING KIND.

THIS WAS ME ON HALLOWEEN NITE, THE NEIGHBORHOOD WITCH....

I HAVE TATER TOT CASSEROLE SCHEDULED TO MAKE TODAY.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHETHER MY SON IS COMING TODAY OR TOMORROW AT THIS POINT.  I THOUGHT SUNDAY, BUT HE MAY HAVE CHANGED HIS MIND.  IN ANY CASE, I WANT THE CASSEROLE DONE TODAY, MAYBE EARLIER THAN PLANNED.
THAT'S IT FOR NOW.
LATER FRIENDS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/04/2023 7:38 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/04/2023 8:12 am  #62

I love the picture, Sandra! 
No plans for today, deciding what’s for dinner. 
Time change tonight, Fall Back. Our local weather reporter tells us that today is the last day of sunset after 5 pm for a few months. 

11/04/2023 8:51 am  #63

It was like a heat wave this morning…compared to the last few day.
7 am temps have been 22-25…this morning 36! I know VA is not the south but seriously?

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/04/2023 4:21 pm)

11/04/2023 8:53 am  #64

Dinner here tonight is leftovers…pasta with roasted veggies….Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and whole garlic…tomorrow is yesterdays leftovers…salmon, peppers, onions, garlic, wine and tomatoes.

11/04/2023 9:56 am  #65

Just a quick Good Morning, Tracy is making me breakfast right now.  It is 8:55am.   The wind is really blowing this morning, but it is 60*.  Hard to believe.  

Just wanted to say Hi! to everyone.  Will sign off for now, BJ.

11/04/2023 10:25 am  #66

Sandra, love the picture! You make a nice looking witch.

I'm headed to the sewing room for awhile. Plan to go outside in a few hours. It's going to be 72 today. 

ETA: I read on Circle of Friends Grace Kennedy passed away at age 63, if any of you remember her. I became more acquainted with her on FB when I learned she did machine embroidery. She was a member of the old HGTV forum. 

Last edited by DownSouth (11/04/2023 12:38 pm)

D e v o n n e

11/04/2023 1:02 pm  #67

Lots of work getting done here this weekend, but not by me. David came up yesterday. In the afternoon he cut down hostas, etc in the yard, trimmed a few small branches on a tree, used his heavy duty leaf blower to blow dirt out of shed and garage. This morning while it was still pretty cool, he did some inside jobs: installed a new shower massage head, helped me with a computer problem, closed the AC vents, and switched out a wall hanging that is too high for me to do. Now he is using the pressure washer on the front porch, also going to do front of shed. That will finish up outside chores. This evening I think I’ll have him put up my Christmas tree. I know it’s early but I’m taking advantage of having help with it.

I don’t technically pay him for doing chores but he is getting some home cooked meals (and I’m getting some leftovers put in freezer for me later) and I’m giving him some money to help pay for grandson’s flight home for Thanksgiving. I’m also giving him Bill’s treadmill that I never use.

11/04/2023 1:47 pm  #68

Mary Lou, good for you getting all those things done and having David there, too.  It's a good feeling to be ready for winter.  We are not!  It's about 60 today, but Howard has two inside jobs for others to do so our outside (garage, mainly) work will have to wait.  Nice to be able to share things with your kids.   Everything doesn't need to be "paid" for, especially when it's for your dear mother.  I don't pay ML, either, but always add a bit when she buys something for me that I, of course, pay for.  

We went to our small group, yesterday.  Only 8 of us this time.  Got home to a message from my doc's office.  I had requested samples of my Xarelto and they have some I can pick up next week.  I feel a bit sheepish asking, but as you know...Guts Gets!    And having worked for doctor's, I know it's no 'skin off their nose' to give out samples that might expire.  At least that's what I tell myself!  

Devonne, you are really on a whirl, fabric-wise and sewing-wise.  You're an inspiration to us.  I haven't mentioned my latest creation.   I don't think?   If I have, overlook me...   Friend, Bobbie gave me a beautiful floral jacket, one that was too big for her after she lost 40 some lbs.  Of course, it was too small for me and always would be, but I loved the fabric.  So, I've spent a couple of weeks adding parts of it, fronts, back, collar to a denim jacket.  Even took the pocket off  the denim and appliqued some flowers and added it back, on the sleeve.  It didn't look right on the front.  ML, really liked it (my most honest critic) and someone in Marshall's did, also.  And, I'm pleased with how it turned out which is too often not the case!  I have one sleeve left over and plan to make a mini quilt with it for Bobbie so she has just a bit of the fabric for herself.  (We'll see if I get THAT done!)  

Howard finally got to 'return the favor'... Dave called Monday and asked if they could go out to lunch the next day.  So H. picked HIM up and drove him like he did last year after H's stroke.  Dave's doing well, but it's quite the recovery from open heart surgery.  He's quite emotional.  He tires easily.  In fact, they had to leave the restaurant earlier than usual at his request.  All of a sudden, he just gave out. 

My back neighbor is blowing the leaves out of part of the woods.  Really?  This guy is over the top industrious.  Who blows leaves in a woods?  At least he's not burning anything today, which is usually what he does.  I'm so allergic to wood smoke I have to keep everything closed up, which can be every day.    ETA:  spoke too soon.  
Sure enough, he's got something burning.  
BJ, glad to hear Frank is up and about.  As always, your girls are right there for you.  Seems like George and Tammy just had Covid.  Nice that they, if no one else in your neighborhood is good to you.
I actually don't even know the back neighbors, which I'm ashamed of.  It's not like it used to be...

Thanks Holly for the two new recipes.  They both sound good. If you and Ralph like them, we will too.  At least, so far we have...

Have a good rest of the day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (11/04/2023 1:55 pm)

11/04/2023 3:21 pm  #69

We, meaning me, decided on having pizza delivered. We get a small, and have 1-2 slices leftover for snack or breakfast. 

I also don’t pay Heather for helping me, but I always pay for lunch when we go out, and I send her bonus gifts. She has a lot of solar things in the back yard. Two weeks ago I sent her two solar Xmas trees, and tomorrow she’ll get stake lights shaped like candy canes. 

11/04/2023 4:19 pm  #70

SANDRA what a lovely pic of you, thanks for posting! I hope you find something to add to your pasta dish. Maybe some bacon bits? I love that extra bit of salt from parmesan, a lot don't like it though. So glad you had a won! that is a big one to!

DEVONNE thanks, starting to feel a little better, this one has been horrid, most people who get it have it for a few weeks. I love that you can spend time with the kids, but that screaming, OUCH! too much for me too, is it for attention?

BJ how is Frank feeling today, and how is your leg? Is Frank able to get around easily now wth his new hip?

JANET I do love your work, so pretty, that fabric is fantastic, so clever to put it with flying geese.

INDY and MARYLOU same here for us, Gary will fix the a/c for us, if it involves parts we'll pay of course, he ays they are still way in front after all the things we do for them LOL 

How awful for the smoke INDY - I don't think I'm too bad, but it does affect my sinuses. The Mr will puck up leaves all day long in our front yard, he's really OCD about it. He says they make it look untidy LOL

HOLLY I have to do all the christmas shopping yet, luckily the boys come with me for a few hours and I get it all done. They get clothes usually in their gifts, so they need to try them on. They may also just get money this year, they want that most to go out with friends, so it's easy.

MARYLOU so good you got so much done, and he's your son of course he'll help if he can.

I finally was able to do a few things yesterday, they brought John a suit for his formal next week, Nan had to let the pants down, that's all done, and he'll look fantastic. I'll post a pic later, he's in the change room, with all the tags showing, but you'll get the idea, his shirt is black, the tie and pocket handkerchief black textured silk. 

I just did my grocery order online, will pick it up between 2 & 3 day.

I've run out of steam, going to chill for a while.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/04/2023 4:20 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/04/2023 4:25 pm  #71

PATTY I forgot to tell you, our  Julie is in your Minnesota, she was at a quilt store in Hutchinson, Quilt On Main, and a friends in Farmington, they should be in Shipshewanna by now.
It's old and raining here today, she would be having the same temps there!!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/04/2023 5:38 pm  #72

I MADE THE TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE AND REALIZED I NEVER POSTED IT ON MY BLOG.  NEXT TIME I WILL TAKE PIX AS I MAKE IT.  ITS SO EASY TO MAKE AND IT TASTES SO DARN GOOD.  MY SON TOOK HOME LOTS FOR HIM AND HIS WIFE AND MY NEIGHBOR TOM ENJOYED HIS.  I HAVE A NEIGHBOR THAT CANNOT HANDLE THE SPICINESS OF JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE AND THOUGH I REALLY LIKE HER, I WILL NOT CHANGE MY RECIPE TO ANOTHER SAUSAGE.  ANOTHER NEIGHBOR WON'T EAT POTATOES EXCEPT FOR MASHED.  SO I HAVE LOTS LEFTOVER FOR ME AND LOVING EVERY BITE OF IT.  
MY SON TRIED THE BEEFY NOODLES SKILLET AND LOVED IT.  HE SAID IT MIGHT BE A BIT BETTER WITH SOME PEAS ADDED TO GIVE IT VARIETY, BUT HE LOVED THE FLAVOR OF IT REGARDLESS.

IT WAS RALPHIE'S 4TH BIRTHDAYTODAY.  HE'S MY GRDAU RISSA'S (SHE LIVES IN SEATTLE) GERMAN SHORT-HAIRED POINTER.  HE HAS A NEW FRIEND.  RISSA ADOPTED ANOTHER GROWN DOG, A PIT BULL BUT A REALLY SWEET ONE.

THIS IS RALPHIE AND SOOZIE.  THEY ARE INSEPARABLE I HEAR.  AND YES, I GOT THE SPELLING FOR HER CORRECT.

MY SON COULD NOT FIND THE FROZEN TURKEY BREAST AND WAS IN A HURRY.  HE HAD A CAR APPT AFTER SHOPPING TO ROTATE TIRES ON BOTH THEIR CARS AND COULDN'T HUNT AROUND.  ITS OK.  I WILL ORDER ONE ONLINE THIS WEEK SINCE ITS JUST GONE ON SALE FOR 1.69 LB.  I WOULD LOVE TO GET ONE FOR T-DAY BUT IF NOT, CHICKEN WILL WORK.  I WILL MAKE MY SAUSAGE STUFFING TO GO WITH WHATEVER POULTRY I USE.

ON BLOWING LEAVES IN THE WOODS, WHAT A JERK.  DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT THE TREES DEPEND ON THOSE LEAVES TO MULCH OVER THE WINTER AND FEED THEM IN THE SPRING.  MOTHER EARTH KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING WITHOUT SOME WEIRDO MAKING IT TOUGHER ON HER.

I, TOO, WOULD PUT UP MY XMAS TREE IF I HAD A GUY HANDY TO DO IT EVEN BEFORE T-DAY.  YOU HAVE TO TAKE WHAT YOU CAN WHEN YOU CAN.  BESIDES, XMAS IS SUCH A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY.  ITS WORTH ENJOYING FOR LONGER THAN JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

AS FOR SCREAMING, I AM NOT A LOVER OF SCREAMS.  I EVEN TURN OFF MY TV SOUND WHEN WATCHING THE GAMESHOW MASTER MINDS, WHICH I LOVE.  BROOKE BURNS, THE HOST, OFTEN SCREECHES WHEN SHE GETS EXCITED AND I CAN'T STAND THE SOUND.  IT GRATES ON MY NERVES.  SO A KID THAT SCREAMS WOULD BE TOLERATED ONLY WITHOUT MY HEARING AID, THANK YOU.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW LADIES.  STAY SAFE.  DON'T FORGET TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK TONITE BEFORE BEDTIME.  WE CAN GET AN EXTRA HOUR TOMORROW MORNING.
HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/04/2023 5:56 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/04/2023 7:20 pm  #73

excuse the hair, think she dragged him out of bed 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/04/2023 7:22 pm  #74

sandra they are cute dogs, love to hear about rescue dogs getting a home.

I am still coughing, hope it stops soon LOL, getying really annoying now! 

be back later to lock threads

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera