OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/30/2023 7:25 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 29 ~ SAT NOV 4

October 30, 2023. Monday

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Hope everyone had a good day..

Sorry I have not been on often.. dd put parental controls on my tablet and limited my time, first 2hours weekdays now 4 hours daily and 2 1/2 hours per day game time within the 4 hours.. it really limits what I can do daily on my tablet.. I have basically stopped watching many movies and quilting stuff.. she wants to spend more time in living room, and play more with dgson and just be in there with others.. most the time if they have something that I am interested in they have to have sound almost max for me to hear it.. they usually keep it about level 20 to 30, for me it's 80 to 90..

I understand that she wants me off electronics more and more family time, but it frustrates me a lot of the time, because it sometimes shuts done in the middle of stuff..

Time now running low for today.. more another day..

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/31/2023 12:30 am)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

10/30/2023 9:35 pm  #22

Wow! Janet those are fantastic

We have snow!!! Stayed on the ground this time. Maybe 2" only.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/31/2023 12:43 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

10/30/2023 11:58 pm  #23

https://youtu.be/rjkrjYitgeA?si=SjKxqTFVIUDMEeC1

I have no idea if that will work, a youtube site

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/30/2023 11:59 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/31/2023 12:43 am  #24

The above is a youtube, showing some of Australia, and a song that is my favourite  --- I am, you are, we are Australian. I love the sentiment behind it, gives me goosebumps when a big crowd sing it.

DEVONNE Happy, Happy Birthday hope it's a good day and you enjoy it dear friend. Wishing you a joyful year to come!  JANET'S quilts aren't here, I saw them on a facebook site, no idea why I should have, possibly because I am 'friends' you could try searching there!

SAN lovely to see you, may I ask why you have such restrictions, is it the cost of internet, or does she want you to watch the little one? I'm sorry your time is restricted, hope Elmer is doing OK (((hugs))))

SANDRA have you figured out the phone yet? It's getting  cold quickly now, did you enjoy the firemen LOL they make nice eye candy don't they! You need to rest a relax too, too much is too much, you have been busy lately.

HOLLY I didn't see about Ralph, hope his mouth is better soon, it's hard to fill up on soft foods as our SANDRA can tell.

Nothing much happening here, I got the mussaman in the slow cooker, the Mr took it around to the boys, I also made coconut rice for our house, didn't have enough rice to make it for them.
Also the Mr is enjoying the banana bread, one 1/2 is almost gone , just cut up the second 1/2, he sure can snack!

I am so tired, I suspect my lungs are affected, Drs tomorrow, and I will be on the mend after that, I tested my oxygen and it's not bad, but not good either! I'll get a lecture from the Dr, should have gone in earlier, thought I would be able to shake this though !

2nd last day of school for John tomorrow, he is starting to get anxious. Megan says he's annoying! Gary flew to Melbourne this morning, he won't be back till tomorrow, decided to stay overnight instead of a late flight home.

Beautiful cold wind blowing here, it's been hot today, I love that cold wind in the evening.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/31/2023 12:43 am  #25

WOW PATTY, NOT EVEN NOVEMBER YET FOR YOU!! AND 2" ALREADY

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/31/2023 4:52 am  #26

Trish - you probably got notice of them because you joined the temperature gang group which is tied to Lake Quilters Guild. 
The pictures of the retreat and the quilts and my quilts are on the FaceBook group  called Lake Quilters Guild.  Anyone can see the posts.

10/31/2023 5:15 am  #27

Thanks Trish, great song and beautiful country

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

10/31/2023 8:08 am  #28

TRISH......I COULDN'T SEE THE UTUBE BUT ITS MY PUTER.  IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO SETTLE IN EACH DAY SO I AM LIMITED TO JUST A COUPLE OF SITES EARLY ON.  I WILL TRY AGAIN LATER WHEN ALL IS RUNNING AT TOP SPEED.
YES, I AM GOOD WITH MY PHONE.  ITS ABOUT THE SAME AS MY OLDER ONE AND THEY SET EVERYTHING UP FOR ME FROM THE OLD PHONE SO I HAD ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS AND CONVERSATIONS I HADN'T DELETED AND MY YOUTUBE CHANNELS.  I AM GOOD TO GO WITH THIS NEW ONE. LOVE IT.
SORRY IT IS TAKING SO LONG FOR YOU TO GET OVER THIS.  I HOPE YOUR DR CAN DO SOMETHING FOR YOU TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER SOONER.  HUGS.

SAN......SORRY FOR YOUR ONLINE LIMITATIONS.  I WOULD DISLIKE SOMEONE TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO ON MY PUTER.  I DON'T DO TOO MUCH ON IT OR GO ON TOO OFTEN ANYWAY.  JUST CHECK OUT MY EMAILS, MY ODT, AND A COUPLE OF MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FAVORITES.  OH, AND PLAY SOME SOLITAIRE A FEW TIMES A DAY.  STILL, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO KIDS.  I AM STILL YOUR PARENT.

DEVONNE.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL.  HOPE YOU HAVE A HOWLING SUCCESS OF A DAY. 

WE FINALLY HIT FROSTY NITE LAST NITE WHEN IT DROPPED TO 28.  OUR DAYS NOW ARE SETTLING IN AT 40S AND 50S AND THE NITES IN THE 30S AND SOMETIMES HIGH 20S.  BUT ITS SUNNY AND BRIGHT OUT.  LOVING IT.  I ACTUALLY HAVE A WINDOW OPEN FOR FRESH COOL AIR.  LIKE I SAID MY APT GETS SO DARN HOT ITS PROBABLY WHAT OLDER FOLKS LIKE WHEN THEIR CIRCULATION SLOWS DOWN BUT FOR ME, ITS TOO DARN HOT.  

ITS PIZZA NITE TONITE. I HAVE SOME STEAK OUT DEFROSTED FOR A STEAK SANDWICH FOR LUNCH BUT THEN ITS PIZZA FOR SUPPER.  YUM YUM.

NOT MUCH ELSE HAPPENING HERE. 
I AM THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS THAT CHECK TO SEE IF EACH IS OK EVERY DAY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FAMILY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR NICE SUNNY WEATHER.
STAY SAFE EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/31/2023 8:38 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/31/2023 9:16 am  #29

Trish, what’s a Mussaman? 
Happy Birthday Devonne! 
Happy Halloween! We didn’t have a Mischief Night issues, this part of town is quiet. We usually get between 0 and 10 kids for Trick or Treat. 
I’m not sure why I got to see Janet’s quilts, I didn’t join the page. Maybe because she was tagged. 

High today 54! Fall is really here. 

10/31/2023 9:52 am  #30

Good Morning to you all.  It is cold outside, only 32*, sunny and trees up high are blowing, but very still down low.  Don't have any plans for the day.  Just being a spud and laying around.  Have a basket of candy for any  kids that may come by later on.  Hope they do, otherwise I'll be picking at the candy for a long time!!

I think I'll just sign off as I have nothing to say.  Hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

10/31/2023 10:32 am  #31

Holly- Massaman is a type of curry.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/01/2023 1:36 am)

10/31/2023 3:58 pm  #32

Happy Halloween! Wow, snow before Halloween, Patty! I only bought a bag of Charm Pops in case Hannah brings the kids to this subdivision. If not, they can be for later. 

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I turned the big 74 today. I spent part of my day at Emory with Gary. That's the first time I've been to downtown Atlanta in many years. We did get in traffic on the way out of Atlanta, but at least it was moving. Gary tailgates, drives too fast, changes lanes too much and too quickly, whipping in and out, so I won't offer my vehicle again. I also preached at him, lol! He had to go get an MRI on his leg. He had stents put in this leg years ago, but it still swells. This new dr. thinks something is going on. 

Trish, I'm glad your doctor appt. is tomorrow so this can get nipped in the bud. You seem to be getting worse?

Janet, I looked at the guild pictures. I really liked the one that said it was a wedding gift. I also liked the redwork one on a table that had flying geese. Very unusual fabric on the mauve/purple one. Is that cut from a fabric panel? I will be glad to post your pictures here if you would like.

I only bought one bag of Charm Pops just in case Hannah does bring the kids to my subdivision. If not, they're here for them at a later time. Carter is dressing up as a banana, Sadie Grace will be Wonder Woman and Caleb as Spiderman.

Diana, it made me sad to read your post. If it's your tablet, you shouldn't be told how much you can use it.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/01/2023 8:55 am)

D e v o n n e

10/31/2023 7:05 pm  #33

Happy birthday DEVONNE!!  Your wall hangings are beautiful.  Love the Hocus Pocus on the back too.

Trish, the youtube video was spectacular.  Thanks for sharing.  I have always thought Australia was a fascinating land.  Hope you feel better soon.

Patty, Dean just came in the door here and said that it was snowing pretty hard but it only lasted a few minutes.  Hopefully we do not get any of the stuff to stay on the ground.   Today was such a pretty sunny (but cool) day.   

I am in a food rut.....don't know what to fix for dinner. We usually have chicken or easy one pan meals like chili, soups, etc.  I need to plan more like I used to do when my sons lived at home.  We rarely eat out so it gets boring with the same food.

10/31/2023 9:32 pm  #34

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Devonne

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

11/01/2023 1:50 am  #35

Thanks JANET --- HOLLY it is an asian curry, we usually have it from the Thai restaurant, mine comes a close 2nd. The boys enjoyed it and Megan got something for herself, she doesn't do spicy, though this isn't real spicy.

Glad you enjoyed the video, not really clear, but still shows a bit. 

I went to the Drs, I was there for over 2 hours!! I had the nurse give me the driving ability test, the Mr didn't do it, Leo passed him without it --- GRRR! But I had to do it all, memory - alzheimer's, cognitive, reading, it was a pain in the neck, I'm making the Mr do it next year, apparently we have to do it each year now, THEN do a driving test on the road with an examiner from 80. I came away with scripts for my injection for osteoporosis (have to go back tomorrow to get jabbed ) plus he's given me some kind of strong antibiotic for this crud, hopefully it works, as there are only 6 tablets, and I had to pay $30 for them.

Did you get kids DEVONNE we didn't, there were quite a few houses in our street decorated, one was incredible, honestly can't see the point for one day, and where do you store the stuff, they had tons of stuff out, I will be keen to see their Christmas decorations LOL

SAN I am still worrying about you, maybe talk to your family, and tell them you NEED friends to talk to, keeps you sane ((((hugs))))

SANDRA so it's starting for you already, frost is early isn't it? our frost is usually middle of winter, I guess it depends on the temps you get to. Seems like only yesterday your apartment was too hot for you, lucky you don't feel the cold too much.

I am heading for bed early again, need to be at the Drs for my injection at 9.40am, I hope it's only a short visit

I was thankful today to get a park spot right out front of the Drs - yahoo, never happens!
Also thankful that I can afford the meds and will be good to go quickly
And very thankful I have a full fridge/freezer to go to for meals when I can't be bothered to cook LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/01/2023 2:06 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/01/2023 4:48 am  #36

I got the flu shot yesterday.  Just local irritation at the site and a headache which I assume was from the shot, not from DH . Lol.
   He hurt his back and he has been impossible.
   Devonne Happy Birthday.
And thanks for offering to post my quilt pics here, but I don’t have them on my phone.  They are only on FB and I don’t know if I can do anything with them?
And yes, the fish is one was a panel I cut in quarters and added the geese to it.

11/01/2023 9:09 am  #37

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I didn't do anything special. Guess that's how they are when you don't have a partner and there's other things more important...like trick or treating, lol! 

Cheryl, Mandy in the Making on You Tube can give you a lot of ideas. It's amazing some of the dishes she comes up with and she uses basic everyday ingredients. Her DH loves everything she fixes. I need to get more creative too!

Janet, I can copy any picture from FB. That's really neat how you did the panel with the flying geese. So creative! 

Trish, I started watching the video about Australia, but had to leave. I'll watch it in a few minutes. Glad you have strong meds now! I had one trick or treater. I have neighbors that go all out for any holiday and they don't have any children. They have all those yard air things, even for football season! These are people that can't park in their garage, lol! 

When Gary and I ate at McDonalds a few days ago, we ordered from the mobile app at the table and I used my debit card. When checking my bank account, it says "Divine Flavor." Not sure what is up with that, but I did immediately change my password to my bank account.

I have so many quilt ideas floating in my head. Do any of you buy fabric from Etsy? 

Last edited by DownSouth (11/01/2023 9:27 am)

D e v o n n e

11/01/2023 9:44 am  #38

ITS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY OUTDOORS BUT COLD.  TEMPS WILL HIT THE 40Sf AND TONITE THE 30S.  FOR THOSE THAT MAY WONDER, WE USUALLY GET A FROST BEFORE THE END OF OCTOBER.  AROUND THE 15TH OR 20TH NORMALLY LATELY.  IN LATTER YEARS IT FROSTED BEFORE THE END OF SEPT.  IT WAS LATE THIS YEAR.  

TRISH......I HOPE THOSE NEW MEDS WORK THEIR MAGIC FOR YOU.  THANKS FOR MENTIONING THE MUSSAMAN.  I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CURRY WITH THAT NAME.  NOT ASIAN ENOUGH.  

DEVONNE.......GLAD YOU HAD A NICE BIRTHDAY AND CELEBRATED BY EATING OUT.

WE HAD OUR HALLOWEEN PIZZA PARTY LAST NIGHT.  I WAS NOT VERY PLEASED.  THEY GOT THE PIZZA AT A PLACE CALLED PAT'S PIZZA AND IT WAS DISAPPOINTING.  ULTRA THIN CRUST AND OVERBAKED WITH ALL THE ENDS BURNT.  ITS ON MY LIST TO NEVER GET PIZZA FROM THEM IN FUTURE. BUT ALL IN ALL WE HAD FUN TOGETHER.  THERE WAS A BIG CROWD.  MOST OF THE TENANTS SHOWED UP.  REMEMBER, THERE ARE ONLY 24 IN TOTAL HERE.  THERE WERE DRINKS (SODAS AND WATER) AND CANDY AS WELL.  SOME WORE COSTUMES.  ME, I WORE MY HALLOWEEN VEST AND MY WITCH'S HAT.

TONITE IT BINGO NITE.  I AM HOPING FOR A WIN TONITE, EVEN A SMALL ONE.  THEN TOMORROW WE GET OUR FLU SHOTS HERE IN THE BUILDING LIKE LAST YEAR.  ITS SO CONVENIENT FOR US.  I HOPE I DO NOT HAVE ANY ACHES LIKE JANET.  USUALLY I GET A SLIGHT DISCOMFORT IN THE NEEDLE AREA BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT.  I'M HOPING FOR THE SAME THIS TIME.

I TOOK OUT SOME GROUND BEEF TO DEFROST.  I HAVE NOT IDEA WHAT TO MAKE.  MAYBE CHILI.  OR MAYBE A NOODLE CASSEROLE.  IT DEPENDS ON HOW I AM FEELING AND WHEN I GET STARTED.  IT MAY JUST END UP BEING BURGERS WITH SALAD.

I AM THANKFUL FOR A BRIGHT SUNNY DAY.  I LIKE SUNSHINE.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A PLACE THAT THINKS ABOUT THEIR TENANTS.
I AM THANKFUL FOR MY COMPUTER AND MY CELLPHONE AND A BIT OF TECHY KNOWLEDGE TO GET ME THRU THE DAYS.
HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/01/2023 9:51 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/01/2023 10:10 am  #39

Good Morning, I'm not feeling very bright this morning so will be brief!  It is very still and cold outside, not a leaf is stirring.  The sky is mostly white.  Strange day!!

Tracy did not call me this morning, not sure why, may call to check on her.  Worries me a bit!  I did not sleep as well last night, was up a few times to use the bathroom.  Very strange night.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

11/01/2023 12:10 pm  #40

Janet and Trish, thanks for explaining Mussaman. I never would have guessed! I’ve never had curry. 

Cheryl, I get most of my new recipes from Facebook. Lots of recipe pages.

when I got the flu and Covid shots, I had a local reaction to the flu- I always do. I had a headache for about 12 hours. 

We went to Sam’s Club to pick up Ralph’s glasses, did a little shopping. We stopped at IHOP for brunch on the way home. 

It’s sunny and about 50 out. I have the washer and dishwasher going. 

Board footera