OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/24/2023 4:14 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY OCT 29 ~ SAT NOV 4

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/28/2023 11:14 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY OCT 29 ~ SAT NOV 4

I'M UP AND ABOUT SO BUMPING TO THE TOP.  TALK TO YOU LATER THIS MORNING.
GOOD NITE. 
QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

10/29/2023 12:03 am  #3

THANK YOU SANDRA 

I will start some new threads, think this is the last one.

I am so glad that you didn't  have family in the Lewiston town, awful time for the poor people ((((hugs))))
AND I hope you get the phone sorted out, it will take some getting used to, but you should be fine. Your door hanger is cute, you got that done fast - you might get a few requests from your neighbours!

DEVONNE that is lovely too, I think Quilt As You Go is fabulous, I did one for Pete, he still uses it, it was HUGE, so it's doable no matter the size. Your Sadie is sweet, bet she gets into all sorts of trouble.

INDY I love the lake in Chicago, we were blown away that it WAS a lake, it's lovely down by the shore, it was choppy when we were there. The wind had started quite strong.
They call it the windy city don't they?

HOLLY I got some of those books, started the one about the Texas quilt shop, a bit slow to begin, but I'll keep going. Think I'm just too tired to concentrate LOL

JANE Hope you are having fun..

BJ that sounds quite cold!! Snow must be coming, we had it pretty cold on Friday, but back to warm today.

I have been sick the last few days, didn't even get out of my PJs yesterday, using a puffer and have some cough lozenges, but they aren't really helping much. I have Drs appointment on Wed, but may need to go earlier and just wait - don't really want to though, so I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Gary (Megan's) came around to look at the A/C, looks like it was a blocked overflow pipe, he's blown it out, and said he saw a small skeleton (LOL ) it's been running with no smell, so I can live with that, it's been in since John was little, so at least 16 yrs, he said a few of tube things that run the air are showing signs of wear, so he'll replace them next year before winter. Not an urgent fix. Mostly the pipes are plastic, just some where they join are that foil covered stuff. Very tech aren't I? I have no idea. At least I can run it without smell and tomorrow is going to be really hot.

Pete went up in the roof cavity with Gary so he could see what needed to be done, and maybe he could fix it next time.

I have done nothing the last few days, feeling so yuk, but I should be able to do some housework tomorrow, I'd better, it needs it. 

Easy dinner tonight, last night was leftover roast lamb and veg made into a hotpot. Tonight it's lamb chops, salad and pasta bake, I bought gravy beef to make Mussaman, so I need to cook that  this week, I will send it to the boys, have to get some more things for it, the meat is in the freezer anyway.

John is looking forward to his last 2 days of school, he does his Geography exam on Wed, and then Physics on Thursday, he's going out with mates to celebrate after. Their results are supposed to be =19.5pxin on Dec 10 I think, so he'll know if he got into University.
Megan is getting pretty cross with him though, he wants a black suit for the formal,  it's one week after last exam, but he says he can't go shopping till next weekend, hopefully he'll find one  to fit, can't get it altered in a few days, so his problem, she wanted to take him today, but he won't go - says he needs to study LOL I think he could afford a couple hours out of the house. Teenagers!!

I am still coughing, wish it would stop, it's making me so tired!
See you tomorrow

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/29/2023 12:09 am  #4

Started some new threads, Can't believe we are almost at the end off this year, it's flown by!!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/29/2023 7:39 am  #5

BEFORE WE KNOW IT, CHRISTMAS WILL BE HERE.

TRISH.....SORRY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FEELING WELL.  THAT IS NEVER A GOOD THING.  WE MUST KEEP UP WITH OUR HEALTH AND GOOD SPIRITS.  TAKE IT EASY.  I AM A FIRM BELIEVER THAT OUR BODIES CAN HELP THEMSELVES HEAL WHEN GIVEN A RESTFUL CHANCE.  REST AND ENJOY IT.

ITS A BIG CHANGE IN WEATHER FOR US.  FROM 70S TO 40S IN THE DAYTIME RIGHT NOW.  LOVE IT.  IT WAS MUCH TOO WARM IN MY APT EVEN WITH WINDOWS OPEN AND FANS GOING.  MY SON THOUGHT HE STEPPED INTO A SAUNA.

NOTHING EXCITING WILL HAPPEN TODAY.  MY HEAD IS FLOATING SO ITS A QUIET AND RESTFUL DAY FOR ME TODAY.  LOTS OF TV WATCHING AND LUCKY FOR ME, I HAVE LEFTOVERS SO NO WORRY ABOUT COOKING.  I BAKED A NICE CHICKEN BREAST LAST NITE SO I WON'T BE GOING HUNGRY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A NICE COOLING DAY TODAY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR GOOD FOOD WAITING ON THE SIDELINES.
I AM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE A GOOD MOVIE SOURCE FOR MY DOWN DAYS.
HUGS FOR ALL,
QB S 
PS.......
ITS NICE HAVING A CELLPHONE AGAIN.  THEY GOT ALL MY THINGS ON JUST FINE.  AND THE NEW WEATHER SITE IS BETTER.  THIS PHONE IS A BIT LARGER THAN MY OLDIE.  ITS A GALAZY S20+ 5G WITH A LARGER TYPING AREA WHICH IS NICE FOR MY BIG FINGERS.  

Last edited by quiltbea (10/29/2023 7:57 am)

10/29/2023 9:46 am  #6

Good Morning,  I can do this without my glasses, but they sure do help, just found them and put them on!!  It is cool this morning, only 34*, slight breeze up high.  Kendra arrived last evening, so nice to see her, she looks good.  Everyone else is still sleeping, it's 8:43, so will get up and get moving soon.  I'm ready for my shower, but will wait until Tracy gets up to help me.

Have no plans for the day, we may go for a drive, that would be nice.  But will see what everyone wants to do.  Well, I am out of energy so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes, BJ.
Good Morning, Tracy here. Yesterday we went around and stopped at the church we lived near while growing up. I walked there each Sunday. They had a sale to support improvements so we bought some fun stuff. Then went to see the snow geese and came back to do yard work. Mom and I made a stuffed frog last night, surrounded ourselves with the lovliness of the quilt building. Last we watched Princess Diaries. Such a sweet movie. I will send sandra a photo of my frog  

Last edited by WA-BJ (10/29/2023 11:20 am)

10/29/2023 10:24 am  #7

Trish, I'm so sorry you are sick. Take care of yourself and watch a lot of movies.

The weather is going to drastically change here. Today it's 82 degrees, and Tuesday it goes down to 61, then 50 for the high on Wednesday. Some high 20's for a few nights, then it gets warm again. 

Thankful Things -
for ODT and Trish & Diane for keeping us going even when they don't feel like doing it.
I was able to groom the dogs & save $150.
I'm still able to sew.

I'm going to get the Halloween wallhanging sewn together and then I'll have lunch.

D e v o n n e

10/29/2023 10:37 am  #8

Devonne, same here for the weather, it’s sunny and warmish here, soon to get cold.
At Heather’s work they are working on the schedule that goes thru the end of January! Big news, she’s switching to days after 20 years on nights! Probably will switch in February, Jules will get her driving license in March- I told Heather it’s a gamechanger. And working days, you get up, work and go home. Working nights it’s making sure you get a nap before, working all night, and sleeping most of the next day. Days gives you a life! 
Ralph is with them, they went to Eddie’s last race of the season. I but chicken tenders in the crockpot to try a new recipe. 

10/29/2023 1:03 pm  #9

It’s damp and chilly here today so I got out my Cuddl Duds loungewear to put on after I got home from church. I had the AC on two days ago and used my electric blanket last night! Freeze warning for tomorrow night.

Friday evening was my 60th high school class reunion. I had a great time seeing old friends and sharing lots of memories. I think we hadt 93 in our graduating class. 32 classmates (plus quite a few spouses) attended, an equal number has passed away.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/29/2023 11:07 pm)

10/29/2023 3:39 pm  #10

Holly- thanks for looking

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/29/2023 11:07 pm)

10/29/2023 5:04 pm  #11

TRACY SENT ME 2 PICS OF THE FROGGY SHE AND BJ WORKED ON LAST NITE.  ITS  SOOOOO CUTE.

ISN'T THIS THE CUTEST LITTLE THING.

YOU DO GOOD WORK BJ AND TRACY.  THUMBS UP.  I LOVE IT.  I REALLY DO.  GIVES ME IDEAS TO MAKE MY OWN TO CUDDLE.
THANKS FOR SHARING.
QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/29/2023 5:10 pm)

10/29/2023 11:12 pm  #12

Finished the Halloween wallhanging. I could have done a better job, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time on perfection. It will look much better once I iron it. The back was so plain so I added the "hocus pocus." 

I'm glad I did the diagonal quilting, as it looks like rain out the window. The tan fabric was a "not sure" but it's all I had and it matches the pumpkins and the moon. 

Tracy and BJ, in case I haven't "toad" you, that frog is just adorable!! So glad you made it out to your quilt building, BJ. I need to find a pattern and make some of these for my great grandkids.

Holly, I bet you could make some beautiful crochet frogs! I hope Heather likes working days. I hated it when Gary had to work so much overtime and night shift too. I seldom got to see him, but he liked the nightshift. 

Marylou, I'm glad you made it to your HS reunion. I haven't been to a single one. My 55th was in May. We did go to a grade school reunion once. They have reunions every year in May for our local grade school. I see the pictures on FB of the attendees. They all still live in the area.

Last edited by DownSouth (10/29/2023 11:30 pm)

D e v o n n e

10/29/2023 11:31 pm  #13

I'm still not doing much of anything, made a couple Banana breads (Bonnie Hunter's recipe) cut them in half and will freeze 3 packs of them, The Mr has already started on one LOL, he wants dessert at night, he's given up sugar ( a real feat for him) but now he wants sweet something after dinner, these are quite sweet, but halfway healthy LOL

My coughing is still happening, don't think it's in my lungs, I have an appt on Wed anyway, I could see another Dr tomorrow, but it's only another day till I see my guy.

BJ and TRACY he is a cute, looks like  he has some some attitude LOL I love the fabric!
Enjoy your time together.

SANDRA great news on the phone, and having it all set up is good, sometimes it takes a while to get everything across. I know I kept shutting mine down when I got a new one, the button was in a different place. Yum on the potato pancakes, I know how hard grating them is, I use the grater on my food processor when I do a lot.

DEVONNE you are sweet, and it's never a bother to start threads here, doesn't take me long. We are having a HOT day here today, but the A/C is on, so I'm happy. We will get a bit cooler for tomorrow.

MARYLOU I'll have to look up Cuddl Duds, we have OODIES here, the kids love them, like a poncho in that fleece type they use for hotel blankets. Really warm. You had a big class, mine was only 13 of us, and 10 of us still meet regularly for lunch. It's tme we got another one booked, it's been a while.

JANET your quilts were beautiful, I love the drunkards path, but the fabric on the other is really unusual, and I love it! Beautiful work.

HOLLY she will take tome to get used to working days, they say it takes a few weeks to settle , my old neighbour did night work, she found it hard to work during the day at first. It will be great to have the time to go out like "normal" people LOL
Did Ralph have something done to his mouth? I didn't see a post, maybe I missed it.

STRINGS I do so admire how you keep your DH in check, he worries you I know, you do a great job looking out for him.

The Mr has been going back and forth about our trip to Queensland next June, one minute he says we aren't going, next he's thinking about it again, NOW  he says he will check with a few of the guys on Friday and make a decision, he really needs to  - they up the prices closer to the event time. I can book at a reasonable price now, but by Dec the price will go up.

I have been watching Greys Anatomy, I know most of the stories, but it fills in the time, Also watching Chicago Med, I like Dr Charles in that. He was also in West Wing as Oliver Babish.

Dinner is done, more leftovers from the roast dinner, I do love leftovers that become another meal. Also have a pork chop and a lamb chop leftover, so will add them to the mix and that gets them out of the fridge.

I have started thawing the gravy beef for the curry, if I get organised  and it thaws I will cook it tomorrow, just need tiny potatoes and a couple onions. I have the rest of the ingredients. The store is open at 7am so I can get them then. Gary will be in Melbourne tomorrow night, so I will feed the boys and Megan can get something for herself, she's not a curry fan.

If anyone wants Bonnie Hunters recipe I will put it on the thread, it makes 2 large  9" x 5" 'loaves' and works great with over ripe fruit, I freeze them and thaw them before adding, they are slimy and awful, but they are great in the recipe. The recipe is on her website as well.

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/29/2023 11:35 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/29/2023 11:39 pm  #14

DEVONNE your wall hanging is really cute, we have a lot of houses decorating  around here, I don't, the rule is --  if there are decorations you can call in for treats. Most people abide by it. I don't keep lollies/sweets in the house, so they don't get any,

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/30/2023 5:46 am  #15

Trish- thanks.
   If anyone else would like to see my quilts from the retreat and you can access FB…look at Lake Quilters Guild.

10/30/2023 7:40 am  #16

DEVONNE.....MY 'BATS ALOFT' WAS FROM A SKETCH OF YOUR PANEL, OF COURSE.  I REALLY LOVE IT.  YOU DID A GOOD JOB WITH YOURS.  THUMBS UP.

TRISH.......JUST REST UP IF YOU NEED TO.  NO SENSE RUSING BACK INTO HIGH GEAR.  LET YOUR BODY RECUPE.

ITS RAINY AND COOLER TODAY.  TEMPS IN THE 40S ONLY AND TONITE IT MAY GET FROSTY.  ITS THE FIRST FROST OF THE SEASON IF IT DOES.  I PLAN TO DO MY LAUNDRY TODAY.  TOMORROW IS OUR HALLOWEEN PIZZA PARTY.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
RIGHT NOW OUR FIREFIGHTERS ARE FLUSHING THEIR PUMPERS AND HOSES.  A GOOD DAY FOR IT.  PROBABLY NO FIRES TO RUSH TO ON A DAY LIKE TODAY.

I AM THANKFUL FOR A FULL LARDER AND THE WORRY ABOUT WHAT, OH WHAT, SHALL I EAT TONITE?
I AM THANKFUL FOR FEELING A LITTLE BETTER TODAY AND ABLE TO DO A BIT OF SOMETHING AROUND MY APT.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD WHO SHARE THEIR LIVES AND GIVE US PATS ON THE BACK WHICH ARE GOOD THINGS IN OUR LIVES.
HUGS FROM ME IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.  
QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/30/2023 7:43 am)

10/30/2023 9:44 am  #17

Trish, last weekend he lost a crowned molar, broke off. The dentist cleaned out the roots and started an implant. Ick.

Janet, the quilts are so beautiful! Are they to keep or to gift? 

Devonne, I love the wallhanging! 

It’s our last nice day, temps will drop down tomorrow. Mother Nature’s teasing us. 

I’m making a new recipe. Fresh asparagus topped with shredded chicken and a sauce, then baked. 

A sad day for me, the 12th anniversary of my friend Sam’s death from breast cancer. We were friends from the age of 14, and she was Steph’s godmother. 

10/30/2023 10:07 am  #18

Good Morning to everyone.   It is very cold here this morning, at 9am, it is 32*.  Brrr!!!  Gloria should be here any minute, so will close the garage door, she's here now, so door is closed.  

Have no plans for the day, just feeling lazy.  Can't think of a thing I want to do.    Gloria is cleaning the living room, then I'll have to move in there so she can work on the rest of the house.  It's wonderful having her here, nothing would get done otherwise.  Well, I have nothing to say, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

10/30/2023 1:08 pm  #19

How am I missing seeing Janet's post with her quilt pics?

Today I went to Walmart & picked up my prescriptions, went to Pet Sense & got dog food, then met Gary at BK. I have fever blisters (which I rarely get) in the corner of my mouth so I bought Abreva. That stuff is expensive, so I got the Equate brand. Still was $15.

We are under a freeze watch for November 1st from 2 am to 10 pm. 

I'm going over Gary's place at 5 pm and going with him to Caleb's last ballgame. Tomorrow I'm going to Emory with him for an MRI on his leg. The doctor thinks something is going on there since it's swollen. He had stents about 6 years ago. 

Trish, there is not one single thing on my porch suggesting it's Halloween, lol. This is the only thing in my house that "says" Halloween and it will be hanging inside. Here, if you decorate and leave your porch light on, you can expect ghosts and little witches....some big ones too, lol. 

D e v o n n e

10/30/2023 1:20 pm  #20

How am I missing seeing Janet's post with her quilt pics?

Today I went to Walmart & picked up my prescriptions, went to Pet Sense & got dog food, then met Gary at BK. I have fever blisters (which I rarely get) in the corner of my mouth so I bought Abreva. That stuff is expensive, so I got the Equate brand. Still was $15.

We are under a freeze watch for November 1st from 2 am to 10 pm. 

I'm going over Gary's place at 5 pm and going with him to Caleb's last ballgame. Tomorrow I'm going to Emory with him for an MRI on his leg. The doctor thinks something is going on there since it's swollen. He had stents about 6 years ago. 

Trish, there is not one single thing on my porch suggesting it's Halloween, lol. This is the only thing in my house that "says" Halloween and it will be hanging inside. Here, if you decorate and leave your porch light on, you can expect ghosts and little witches....some big ones too, lol. 

Sandra, you are welcome to copy any design I post. After Christmas, I'm going to get started on my wallhangings (fabric panels). I have like 15-17 panels. I kept buying them because I love each one. Today I bought a rod at Walmart I can hang them on (hopefully). I have ring attachments I can attach the WH too. 

D e v o n n e

Board footera