OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/06/2023 2:45 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 3 ~ SAT SEPT 9

Judy, if your app works like the one I have, you might be able to “pinch” the display to see a larger area of the map.

Friday is my baby brother’s birthday. Hard to believe he will be 70, I’m going to make his favorite dessert for him. I don’t know the correct name, the person who gave it to me called it Alma’s dessert because she got it from someone named Alma. It has a meringue crust topped with apricot pie filling mixed with Cool Whip. It would be very easy to make if I could find canned pie filling. Instead, I get canned apricots and cook to thicken.

Last week, when our counting committee was at church, I jokingly said to our pastor that the chair I use isn’t very comfy. I only use it an hour a week so no big deal in my opinion. This week, when I got there, there was a brand new leather swivel desk chair at my place! Bro Mark told me it comes with a 5-year contract, meaning he expects me to remain on the committee at least that long. I think he was only half kidding. It is hard to find people to serve on the committee because we meet on Monday morning and most people have jobs. There is also a need for the committee members to not gossip about amount of donations by individual members.

My quilt guild had our first meeting of the year yesterday (we don’t meet during the summer). It was great to see some members that I hadn’t seen since last spring. We had good attendance and know of at least two people who plan to join us next meeting. Our fall retreat is coming up so I’m getting some things organized for that. I like to have a few projects planned and started, or at least cut, because I get distracted very easily when working in a group. The retreat center is fabulous and is literally connected to a quilt shop so if I forget anything I can shop. The only disadvantage is that they do not provide meals. But we have it planned out so that each person only has to provide either a lunch or work with someone else to provide an evening meal. Two other people will bring desserts and fruit. We will either eat leftovers on the last day or order pizza if there are no leftovers. None of us eat big breakfast so we each will bring whatever we want. I think I’ll take a loaf of cinnamon bread for toast.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/07/2023 8:37 pm)

9/06/2023 3:15 pm  #22

I went to Chick-fila and had their market salad. It's yummy good. I love they will fix my tea with 3/4 unsweet and 1/4 sweet. She said just ask!

I decided not to do a bed size quilt with these Christmas embroidery blocks for G&E. I would need 3 more of the blue snow fabric, and I don't have any of this fabric left. So it will be whatever size it turns out. No rules right, lol? I need five more embroidery blocks of the dark red fabric and I'm looking for quicker stitch out designs. One will say "Bah Humbug" because Emily says that a lot. I wish I had a Grinch embroidery design, but that is copyright.  I need to step this up so I can start on the one for Carter.

Judy, enjoy the peace and quiet. I threw the keto chocolate cake away. There are so many on You Tube, I will find a good one eventually. 

Marylou, I agree committee members shouldn't gossip about an individual member's donation. You never know what their financial situation is. I would make sure they knew upfront I wasn't going to be a part of any gossip. Fall retreat sounds nice and so does the dessert. Have you heard of chess cake? I started watching the recipe last night and never finished it. She said it's a big hit at her church and an old Appalachian recipe. I remember she used a box of yellow cake mix, then I got side tracked, lol. She said it was a dessert easy to travel with..might be good idea for some of your retreats.

Since I had such a late lunch, I'm not going to be hungry at dinner time. Probably not good to eat lunch that late...it was 3:00.

D e v o n n e

9/06/2023 5:29 pm  #23

[size=200]Mary Lou, I’m confused. how do you even know who contributed how much? Don’t they just pass around the collection basket and people drop money into it? 

It’s getting dark too early already.
[/size]

9/06/2023 7:16 pm  #24

Holly, most of our members write checks or use an envelope with their name on it. We keep a running total for each person so that a statement can be given at the end of the year for income tax purposes. We also have to keep track of designated offerings, such as building fund and for missions. Our job isn’t just simply counting cash.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/07/2023 8:36 pm)

9/06/2023 9:21 pm  #25

Thanks for explaining that! 

Julie’s first day, she did a two hour recap for Heather and Ed! Then Eddie came home, they asked how his first day went, he said “good” and kept going! The difference between girls and boys!

9/07/2023 8:58 am  #26

ITS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE IN MAINE WITH SUNSHINE AND NICE TEMPS.
I WON A WHOLE DOLLAR AT BINGO LAST NITE.  AS LONG AS ITS A WIN I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH.  BETTER THAN LOSING MY LAUNDRY MONEY.

BJ.....GLAD TO HEAR FRANK WILL BE HOME SOON.  I KNOW YOU MISS HIM.

DEVONNE.....CHECK YOUR PM.  I SENT YOU SOME PICS THRU TEXTS.  IF THEY DO NOT COME THRU I CAN POST THEM HERE LATER.  ADDING LATTICE TO YOUR QUILT COULD MAKE IT LARGER.  IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE MORE THAN JUST ONE STRIP AROUND EACH BLOCK.

JUDY......HOW GREAT YOU WILL HAVE A SNOW PLOW.  MY SON HAD ONE AT HIS PLACE AND IT SAVED LOSTS OF HARD WORK DURING THE WINTER UNTIL IT BURNED UP.  LITERALLY.  ONE DAY THE MOTOR JUST CAUGHT ON FIRE.  IT WAS A SNOWBLOWER FROM THAT POINT ON SO MORE WORK.  THEY HAD A VERY LONG DRIVEWAY.

MARYLOU.......IT SOUNDS SO UNUSUAL TO SAY SOMEONE THAT'S A BABY IS 70 YEARS OLD.  BUT THAT'S THE FACTS AND CAN'T BE CHANGED.  I HOPE HE HAS A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY.
LUCKY YOU GETTING A NEW COMFY CHAIR.  YOU CAN TELL THEY APPRECIATE YOU AND YOUR WORK FOR THEM AND DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU.  GOOD FOR YOU.
WELL, YOUR FIRST GUILD MEET OF THE SEASON.  I KNOW IT MUST HAVE BEEN GREAT TO SEE THE OLD CREW BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.

DEVONNE......I HAD HEARD OF CHESS PIE BUT NOT CHESS CAKE.

LINDA......HOW ARE YOU DOING AFTER YOUR TRIP TO THE DOCTOR?

HAVE A FINE DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/07/2023 9:04 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/07/2023 9:15 am  #27

Well, I don't know what happened, but I had a whole message written and it just disappeared, so this will be brief.  Rhonda just brought me a milkshake, it is just ok!  Too cold for me!  It is very still outside this morning, very foggy!

I will just sign off as I'm very sleepy this morning but have to go to Dr. as the Rx he gave me last time didn't do a thing for me, hoping to find something!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

9/07/2023 10:08 am  #28

Another hot one. I had a routine NP appt today, which worked out well, since I got a jury duty notice last week, and she filled out the paperwork to be excused. I just can’t sit for long periods of time, I have to get up and walk around. Now you have to scan in the form and email it back, rather than mailing it in. Good thing I have Ralph to do that. My thyroid numbers were up, so she had me do a repeat lab to see if it was a glitch. I’ve been on meds for about 20 years, and this is the first abnormal lab. 

9/07/2023 12:55 pm  #29

yQB, the snow plow is to replace the old one whose motor went bad.  H. tried every avenue get another motor but it was obsolete.  He was home by 8:30, dead tired and hungry.  Know why?  They never stopped for anything to eat ALL DAY.  Both ate a good breakfast at home but, really???  Men!  Not the first time that's happened.    I know they wanted to get back but you can eat while driving.    
Mary Lou, I never could find him again on that app, so I had Andrew look for me.  Turns out, his phone battery had gone dead at 3 pm.   Said it plain as day, but, I didn't see that...
I was invited over for supper last night for Andrew's 25th birthday.  They'd just had us for our anniversary last Friday but since Howard was gone...you know...  ML had set the table nicely, put colorful ribbons on the dining table light, and gone to town to this ritzy, ie expensive, bakery owned by a French-trained baker for some individual desserts of our choice.  Andrew and I asked for tiramisu and it was very delish!  For my part:  First, due to the holiday Monday,  his birthday card DIDN'T arrive in the mail, yesterday.   Since I was in a hurry filling it out and didn't get any money inside, I planned to hand him a twenty--discovered I only had a ten, so gave him that with my lame explanation.  They all laughed at me as I did at myself.  All kind of a joke...I mean, he's 25, now, not 5, as I reminded him...
I took Devonne's advise and enjoyed my quiet, alone day.  Only had one phone call besides ML's, watched TV, read, played on the computer, (the same stuff I do when he's home ), the dog slept, I ate only tomatoes and bread and bacon until supper and, of course,  was so glad when they drove in and relieved.  That's our lives, isn't it?  The  whole ball of wax including everything  we wish for and don't wish for and everything in between.  
QB, congrats of the $1!    As you said, better ++ than --, no matter the amount.  
That's right, Devonne, no rules.  They'll put it away after Christmas, so a smaller throw size would suffice or you could do QB's suggestion...no rules!  

I'm going quit.  Just ate another BLT-minus the L.  Need to see if H. wants anything.  I'm usually safe at lunchtime if he eats breakfast.  Have a good afternoon.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/07/2023 1:05 pm)

9/07/2023 3:21 pm  #30

Gary called at 11:30 and asked if I wanted to go to Sadie Gracie's grandparents day with him. That changed my plans for today. He picked me up at 1:00 and after that we went and eat at a local Mexican restaurant. I had a taco salad with chicken. 

I stayed up until 12:30 last night and finished 4 designs. On the last one, I quickly ripped the stabilizer off the back and ripped the fabric, an hour of wasted time! Thank goodness it was only a 20,000 stitches design and not one of the 60,000 stitches. Those take much longer.

Sandra, thanks for the pictures. I saved them for future reference. 

I'm headed to Walmart to buy a few things. 

D e v o n n e

9/07/2023 9:04 pm  #31

SANDRA thanks for the pic, it looks lovely there, usually a lot busier, they used to have people dressed in costume and you'd pay to have your pic taken with them, we didn't, that place is amazing, you can see right down into the bottom, it goes a long way, its pretty big, and an incredible build considering when it was done. Hope the tooth is not getting worse ((((hugs))))

BJ oh no, must be a frozen smoothie, I make one and it's delicious, but have to drink it slowly, I get an ice cream headache otherwise LOL

MARYLOU make sense - ours are both $$ and envelope collections, one is tax deductible the other not, so most people opt for the envelope, it has their name and an account number on the envelope, so easy for accounting. But also needs to have trustworthy people - privacy is important, and everyone is different. 

HOLLY  a quiet day is perfect, I was home most of the day and had at least 7 phone calls, we don't answer the house phone, it goes to message, but it's annoying, we are currently in the midst of lobbying for a referendum to  our constitution, lots of strong feelings about it, between that and the scam calls I'm seriously considering shutting down our home phone!

JANET how are things at the lake? Sounds like a lovely break, our DD and family were going to the river this weekend, but called it off, thank heavens - the weather has turned nasty, cold and raining.

INDY what a day he had, typical men, mine went on a long jaunt with one of the bowlers, he wouldn't be called friend, and I already think he's not nice, W admitted he would probably have to describe him as a male chauvinist control freak, the guy broke his ankle, can't walk on it (he's in a rehab place) , and is moving - his wife left him, and he needed to go to his new place, they drove way out of the way because he wanted to buy fuel at his (now) local, W was picked up at 8.30am, got home at 7pm, he sounds like a right pain in the *&^, no wonder his wife left him - the 2nd one we've now found out, he has daughters who don't want anything to do with him, but one dau from 2nd marriage has helped with packing up his house and her DH also helped all day, he had movers as well, and he's got a place near where my sis lives, so a bit of a drive, thank heavens W has decided that he has done his bit of good deed. 

Lucky the guys wife left him, if it was me he might not be living LOL he wouldn't let them use toll ways (they had his car) and they had to get his wheelchair in and out of the car many times. Lucky there was 2 of them, W said it was a 2 man job just getting the chair out of the car. They finally got him back to rehab at 6.30pm.

I can't believe it, we've been told John is graduating on Sept 20, he finishes school then, but has to take exams from Oct 10 for a couple weeks, only 2 people allowed per student, so we can't go, Megan wants us all to meet after, it might be too late though. I just can't believe that little boy is all grown up - who by the way has bought a new computer set up, and been messaging me today, it was supposed to be signed for, but had been left at the house, Nana to the rescue, put the packages inside the door, lucky I have keys. NOT lucky it was 2 deliveries about 1 hour apart LOL

DEVONNE how is the machine going, are you getting any  more puckering, bad luck on the ripped fabric, I had a pair of tiny curved scissors to get the stabiliser off, very sharp, and curved.

I want to finish these neck coolers, I have about 50 made want to get more done, we don't need them yet, but yesterday was pretty hot, so it won't be long. 

The Mr is at a bowls comp today, I'm surprised he's not back, it's been raining on and off here all morning!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/07/2023 9:05 pm  #32

DIANE I am so sorry for your loss, I don't think I mentioned it before, you have had a lot of sadness in your family of late ((((hugs))))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/08/2023 7:31 am  #33

FOR ME IT WILL BE ANOTHER QUIET DAY.  ITS CLOUDY RIGHT NOW AND RAIN EXPECTED, MAYBE EVEN A BIT OF HAIL LATER IN THE DAY.  I HOPE NOT ON THE HAIL.  I WILL HAVE TO GO HARVEST MORE TO TOMATOES BEFORE THE RAINS START.

BJ......I HOPE THE DOC FINDS THE RIGHT MEDS FOR YOU THAT BRING SOME RELIEF..

DEVONNE.....DID YOU ENJOY SADIE GRACE'S GRANDPARENTS DAY?
SORRY YOU RIPPED THE FABRIC ON THAT DESIGN.  MAYBE TRISH'S IDEA OF SOME SNIPS WILL HELP.

TRISH.....THANKS, MY TOOTH IS NO WORSE.  I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO KNOCK IT BUT I AM EATING WELL SO NO PROBLEMS.
MY SON VISITED ISCHIA ISLAND ABOUT 30 MILES OFF NAPLES AND SENT PICTURES.  VERY NICE VIEWS.  PRETTY ISLAND.  HE'S ENJOYING HIS TRIP.

I NEVER GOT MY LAB REPORT AND ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH SO I PHONED.  IT WAS MAILED OUT THEY TELL ME BUT SINCE I NEVER GOT IT, THEY WILL SEND ME ANOTHER COPY. I LIKE TO KEEP TRACK OF MY NUMBERS, ESPECIALLY CHOLESTEROL.
I BOUGHT A BOOK TITLED WAXED OUT BY RALPH MACCHIO.  YOU REMEMBER THE KARATE KID MOVIES.  I LIKE HIM AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A CHANGE OF PACE.  IT SHOULD ARRIVE IN A WEEK OR SO.
RIGHT NOW I AM READING SHEPHERD'S ABIDING BY JAN KARON FEATURING THE MINISTER FATHER TIM AND AN OLD CHRISTMAS CRECHE HE WANTS TO REPAIR HIMSELF.  I ALWAYS ENJOY THE JAN KARON SERIES.

THAT'S IT FOR ME.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/08/2023 7:42 am)

9/08/2023 9:12 am  #34

Good Morning to you all!  Rhonda stayed the night again, will be leaving shortly to see her Dad.  She said yesterday he was full of it, ready to come home.  Think we have the bedroom all ready for him.  Will be nice to have him home.

It is very foggy outside this morning, only 52*!  I guess fall is here.  I should go and visit with Rhonda as she will be leaving soon.  Not sure if Sharon will be here this morning, opened the garage door in case she shows up.  Sending love and best wishes to you all, Bj.

9/08/2023 10:17 am  #35

LINDA WANTED YOU TO KNOW SHE IS WELL AND WILL BE BACK AFTER A VISIT FROM HER DH'S NIECE AND HER HUBBY.  SHE IS BUSY CLEANING AND GETTING HER HOUSE READY FOR COMPANY.  SHE WILL SEE YOU ALL SOON.
QB

9/08/2023 11:01 am  #36

Hopefully the last obscenely hot day! 
We went to IHOP for breakfast, dropped off things at the Salvation Army store, and picked up my library book, the new Preston and Child. 
Trish, I’ve gotten text political surveys for 4 other states on my cell. I answer them. It’s obvious from the wording how they want you to answer, so of course I favor the opposite. If they get to annoy me, I get to be annoying. 

I put up a real short blog post, a pic of the Meadow Afghan in progress. 

I have hamburger stew defrosting for dinner.

9/08/2023 3:38 pm  #37

The beef stew I defrosted turned out to be tortellini, LOL. It was good, though. 

We’re under a thunderstorm watch tonight.

9/08/2023 5:33 pm  #38

Oh brother, did I start a huge design without even looking at how many stitches it was! It's 84,216 stitches and the hoop came loose while it was sewing. It's not matched up precisely, but it's good enough so I just finished it. 

Trish, I have 3 pairs of curvy scissors. I just wanted to tear off the big parts of the stabilizer so I could get them on the design wall.  I am still having puckering issues. I think it's the fabric. I'll use better fabric when I start Carter's throw.  I'll need to trim each block and remove as much stabilizer as I can. I can do that while watching TV next week.

Carter's 12th birthday is 9/10. We are having his birthday party tomorrow at a jump house. There will be pizza and cake so I will have to be good. Greg sent Hannah and Gary an Evite and got no RSVP back from them. He loves collecting rocks so I got him a rock kit, a geode kit that he & Dad will have to bust open and a book with facts of the 50 states.

Molly has dug her paws raw. I bought some Benadryl at Walmart today, but she's going to the vet next week. There is a cyst growing under her chin that she constantly digs at. I was hoping not to have a vet bill, but this has become more urgent.  The allergy relief shampoo and salmon oil on her food didn't work.

I need to go fix dinner and wrap his presents. I'm having hamburger steak and broccoli. 

D e v o n n e

9/09/2023 7:58 am  #39

HOLLY....CHECKED YOUR BLOG.  VERY NICE.  YOU SURE ARE FIRING OFF THOSE AFGHANS IN A HURRY.  GOOD JOB.

DEVONNE......SORRY TO HEAR YOUR PUP IS HAVING ISSUES.  I HOPE THEY CAN BE RESOLVED.
HAVE A GOOD TIME AT CARTER'S BD.  GIVE HIM MY BEST BIRTHDAY WISHES.

BJ.....FRANK WILL BE HOME SOON.   I AM SURE YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE HIM HOME AGAIN.

I MANAGED TO GET MY 2 FLOORS SWIFFERED YESTERDAY.  REMOVED ALL THE MOVABLE STUFF BEFORE I STARTED.  IT TOOK QUITE A WHILE DOING IT IN STAGES BUT ITS DONE. 
TODAY I CLEANED MY BATHROOM SO THAT'S ANOTHER PROJECT OUT OF THE WAY.
WE ARE EXPECTING RAIN, RAIN, RAIN ALL WEEK LONG.  RIGHT NOW THE SUN IS OUT THOUGH IT RAINED LAST NITE AND I SAW A HALF-SECOND BLINK ON THE LIGHTS BUT NOTHING WENT OFF.  GLAD IT WASN'T FOR LONGER, THO I HAD MY BATTERY LANTERNS AT-THE-READY AND MY PHONE FULLY CHARGED.
NOTHING SPECIAL HAPPENING HERE.  I'VE DONE SOME READING, SOME CROSSWORD PUZZLES, PLAYED SOLITAIRE, AND LOTS OF TV VIEWING.  I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE MYSTERIES ON HALLMARK MOVIES AND MYSTERY CHANNEL THAT I DIDN'T BOTHER TO WATCH THE FIRST TIME AROUND.  I LOVE MYSTERIES BUT SOMETIMES THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH HAPPENING ON THE CHANNELS THAT I WANT TO CATCH.  I EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL FIRST MOVIE JURASSIC PARK SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW.  ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WATCHED IT AND I LOVE MY DINOSAUR MOVIES.
MY SON IS IN SORRENTO ITALY TODAY.  LUCKY HIM.
THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF LADIES.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/09/2023 8:11 am)

9/09/2023 8:58 am  #40

Good Morning, I'm feeling sort of lazy this morning.  Tracy is up and needs to get moving, as she has to be at the center where Frank is by 10am.   He is coming home today and she has to ride the bus with him and will have to figure out a way to go back and get her car.  She's not worried about it, so guess I won't either!!

I should run and visit with Tracy, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

Board footera