OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/03/2023 12:17 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY SEPT 3 ~ SAT SEPT 9

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/03/2023 12:32 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 3 ~ SAT SEPT 9

I hope you are all doing OK, so sorry not to be here, just had a pretty bad week, not going into too many details, unexpected death of a friend, family issues (not mine) , should be OK this week ((((hugs))))

INDY Happy Belated Anniversary to you and H, nice to get flowers - W still gets grief about the times he has forgotten my birthday and our anniversary LOL

SANDRA I have to agree with your guy, Italy is beautiful -  crowded, but fabulous, I love all the places, he's a nice strong looking guy so he shouldn't have problems with the pickpockets, they are everywhere in Italy ( all Europe for that matter),they will have a wonderful time, AND you have clam cakes to look forward to when you get that darn tooth fixed, so sorry it is still a way off (((hugs)))

DEVONNE that isn't much sleep, been my problem this week as well, and I now have a sore throat, sure it's just lack of sleep and being run down, I'm using the old wives tale of gargle with bi-carb soda in water and eating pineapple. We went to a Mellow Yellow, in Paducah I think, W has a cap from there LOL.

HOLLY you scored on the wool, is it the Caron cake that is acrylic in all different shades, seems popular here, at least they have lots of it LOL. The soft rainbow one is pretty.

THERESA wishing you the best of luck the next few weeks, you need to keep to short hours to visit with your mum, she'll continue to expect you to be there all day. Hard as it is - she just doesn't understand ((((hugs))))

MARYLOU I agree - better to stay clear when everyone is sick, there will be other times.

SAN good to see you! People just check in when they can, I have no knowledge of Firefox vs Google, I use Safari, google want me to keep signing in for everything and I just can't be bothered, Apple is the Safari browser I think.

I need to get ready for dinner, we are all going out together for Fathers Day, to our favourite restaurant Nunzio's, usually he has a set menu for Mothers & Fathers day, not this time though. Probably better for me anyway, I never ate all the food - brought 1/2 home or gave it to the boys. I think Megan is doing all the driving, her car will seat 7 of us, a bit cramped, but it's only 10 mins or so drive away.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/03/2023 5:26 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/03/2023 8:24 am  #3

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE BUT I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO CHECK MY TOMATOES TIL TOMORROW.  
I THINK I WILL GET MY LAUNDRY DONE TODAY.  NOTHING ELSE PLANNED EXCEPT COOKING SOME MASHED TATERS AND SOME PUDDING FOR DESSERTS.
I MADE THE CHICKEN RICE SOUP AND SHARED WITH 3 NEIGHBORS AND MY SON HAD 2 BOWLSFUL FOR LUNCH YESTERDAY.  I HAVE PLENTY LEFT TO FEED MYSELF.
HE FLIES TO ITALY THIS AFTERNOON.  THESE DAYS YOU HAVE TO BE AT THE AIRPORT 3 HOURS BEFORE FLIGHTS.  EXHAUSTING.

MY INTERNET DROPPED OUT A COUPLE TIMES SO I HAD TO RESET MY MODEM.  IT SEEMS FINE NOW SO I WILL CONTINUE.....

JUDY.......A PLAN TO GO TO THE ZOO WOULD FILL MY ORDERS FOR THE DAY.  SORRY YOU DID NOT GET THERE BUT YOU ENJOYED YOUR DAY OTHERWISE, SO GOOD FOR YOU.

DEVONNE....DO YOU OFTEN GET 8 HRS SLEEP PER NITE?  HOW LUCKY FOR YOU.  I RARELY SEE 8 HRS.
LAST NITE I COULD NOT SLEEP.  RESTLESS LEGS HAPPEN LATE INTO THE NITE WHEN I AM TRYING TO GET SLEEP SO IT KEPT ME UP TIL 3:30 AND THEN I WOKE AT 7:15 AND COULD NOT FALL BACK AGAIN.  I AM DOING LAUNDRY RIGHT NOW.

SAN......GOOD FOR YOU FINDING OUT HOW TO GET ON ODT NOW.  I USE MICROSOFT EDGE TO GET ON MY PUTER AND SITES.  I NEVER THOUGHT TO USE GOOGLE.

TRISH.....SO SORRY YOU HAD SUCH A BAD WEEK.  LOSING A FAMILY MEMBER SUDDENLY WOULD MAKE ANY WEEK BAD.  MY CONDOLENCES.
I PASSED ALONG THAT TIP ABOUT PICK POCKETS TO MY SON WHO IS AWARE ALREADY.  HE CARRIES HIS MONEY IN HIS FRONT POCKETS AND THEY ARE TIGHT. 

THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  HAVE A GREAT DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/03/2023 9:08 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/03/2023 9:21 am  #4

Just a quick Good Morning.  Tracy and Jamie are in the kitchen, so I'd better join them.  Frank called, he needed some cream brought to him.  Tracy will see to that.  Jamie has been sitting outside reading his computer.  

Well, as I said, I need to join my family in the kitchen, sorry to be so abrupt!  Wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

9/03/2023 9:40 am  #5

Sandra, up, up and away for Matt and his beautiful wife. Is the weather too cold already for you to sit outside a bit? 

Trish, I have a sore throat too. It's from the drainage at night. I do have an adjustable bed & raise it some. I need to turn off the TV to get more sleep, lol. I did much better last night.

Diana, glad you figured out how to get here! I haven't used Firefox in years, since I had Windows. Now I use Google Chrome on my Mac laptop. I use Safari and Chrome on my Iphone. 

I only know about our friends here when they post. I think of Marilynn often and it's past time to hear from Cheryl. Carol is taking a little break, but she'll be back soon. 

I am trying my "unusual" pizza crust for lunch made out of cheese, eggs and spices. If it doesn't turn out good, I'll have a ham sandwich, lol. 

I'll be finishing an embroidery design I started after lunch. I made a snapshot of the design I was working on in case I lost where the stitching stopped. It does save it in Memory, but taking it to the repair shop, I didn't take any chances. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/03/2023 9:58 am)

D e v o n n e

9/04/2023 6:41 am  #6

Hi all from beautiful Lake George!  We arrived about 6pm.  Perfect time to head to one of our favorite restaurants here- Ali Baba…Mediterranean food, Turkish owner.  There is nothing like it where we live.  The ride was long, we left at 6:30am and stopped once for gas and once for a quick lunch.  DH was his usual grumpy self mumbling about the ride (even though the trip was uneventful, low traffic, no work delays.  I suppose if I drove some of it, it would help but then he’d complain about my driving.  I prefer to sleep, and this time I slept most of it…missed Pennsylvania completely, lol.  Anyway he’s still sleeping, so a slow start today
    About hours of sleep, I generally go to bed about midnight and get up about 6.
Happy late anniversary to Judy and Howard.
  Teresa- when my friends sister was in an adult care center, they told her to make her visiting times erratic.  It was easier for the sister and the staff, and my friend.  Less expectations, I guess.
    DH is up and that means breakfast. Yea!  I’ve already had my coffe . I went out at 6:30. 🙂

9/04/2023 9:33 am  #7

Good Morning to everyone!  I'm just having my breakfast, Tracy mixed me up a drink of some sort, lots of stuff in it!  I'm sure it will hold me until lunch.  It has been raining outside and is cool, only 60*.  Very still outside also.  Tracy is going home today, she has to be at school tomorrow!

I will surely miss her.  Frank is scheduled to come home this weekend.  Not sure how that will work.  Tracy brought in the wheelchair and checked to be sure it will work throughout the house.  It will sure be different with him home.  Believe Rhonda is taking some vacation  time to be sure he is working out here at home, since I can't do anything to help him - what a mess!!!!

Well, I need to get off here and visit with Tracy, she will be leaving here today and head home.  She has to be to work tomorrow.   Believe Rhonda is headed this way, she will be taking care of us for awhile.  What a mess!!  Not sure what will go on here after awhile, we are both in our mid-80's, so can't last forever!!   I need to run so will check in tomorrow, hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

9/04/2023 9:39 am  #8

Another hot one for us! Jul goes back to school tomorrow, Manda’s kids on Wednesday. 

We just got back from food shopping, so that’s taken care of. 

Janet, Heather, Ed and Jul did a large boat tour on Lake George, on The Mohican, Lake George Steamboat Company. They really enjoyed it. 

BJ, Tracy and Rhonda are wonderful daughters to you!

9/04/2023 11:13 am  #9

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE.  ENJOY IT.

DEVONNE.......NO, ITS NOT TOO COLD HERE TO SIT OUTSIDE.  IN THE 70S IS WONDERFUL FOR US NORTHERNERS.  AS TO WEATHER, WE ARE IN THE HIGH 70SF TODAY AND THE NEXT FEW DAYS WILL BE IN THE 80S, SO VERY WARM FOR US.

JANET......SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE IN A GOOD PLACE FOR YOUR VACATION.  ENJOY IT AND ALL THE RESTAURANT MEALS.  VACATIONS DON'T LAST LONG.

I SEE WHERE DISNEY HAS PULLED THEIR CHANNELS FROM SPECTRUM, INCLUDING NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ONES.  I GUESS IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE ALL OF THEM WILL MAKE US BUY APPS DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF GOING THRU CABLE STATIONS.

MY SON IS SAFELY IN ROME AND ALREADY SENDING ME PICTURES.  I AM TOURING RIGHT ALONG WITH HIM.  SO LOVELY.

QUIET DAY FOR ME HERE BUT I LIKE IT.  I AM GOING TO COOK SOME STEAK AND CHICKEN IN SAUCE FOR 2-3 HOURS TODAY TO SEE IF IT IS SOFT ENOUGH FOR EATING WITH A LOOSE TOOTH.  I HOPE SO.  I MISS MY STEAK.  ALL IN ALL I AM EATING GOOD FOODS AND GETTING MY PROTEINS, FRUITS, AND VEGGIES BUT THE SNACKS ARE SURE MISSED.  NOW ITS ICE CREAM OR PUDDING ONLY.  I MISS MY CHIPS. 
WISHING YOU ALL A FINE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/04/2023 11:21 am)

9/04/2023 11:22 am  #10

9/04/2023 12:20 pm  #11

BJ, I'm glad Rhonda can come when Tracy has to leave. I can tell you're worried about Frank's care, but Rhonda will help him, so try to relax. 

It's a lazy day for me. I made a late breakfast. Greg is stopping by after he finishes playing disc golf. He's meeting his best friend in Carrollton, 15 minutes away. 

Janet, enjoy all the good food!

Last edited by DownSouth (9/04/2023 12:30 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/04/2023 1:13 pm  #12

Thanks for more anniv. wishes.  The roses are holding up well.  I have them on the table we eat at so we see them!  Just finished lunch--tuna with Miracle Whip only.  I have no celery and skipped the onions.  It filled us up if not exactly gourmet!  
Church in person, yesterday.  Lunch out with the seniors, after.  Sat with friends, Carol and Albert who have been attending both.  They go back to Florida Oct. 3 so our times with them are limited.

Trish, sorry about the sad week.  When it rains, it pours, often.  Hope this one is better as you predicted. 

BJ, obviously you and Frank were good parents.  You are reaping the rewards of that.  It's frustrating to have to take help for everything, but they love you and want to do it.  That's what they were taught.
There's my sermon for the day!  Aren't you glad it's over?  

QB, Andrew got pickpocketed almost immediately when he got to Italy as a student.  The bugger got his phone and he might as well have been in Antarctica without it.  Talk about being isolated and stranded, so to speak.  Never happened again, so he must have changed something...  ML about tore her hair out from here trying to help him run interference with getting a new phone.  

This week should be quieter here until Friday when we meet with our Bible study group.  I only have to bring rolls.  Yippee!  Mary, the newlywed is having it and that's what she assigned me.  Lazy seems to be my middle name.  

Janet, have a good time at Lake George.  I was there as a teen but don't remember it.  Jerry will probably settle down and be better.  You're fortunate that you can sleep all the time while he drives,  I could never relax as Howard sleeps too!!  My job is to keep him awake.    Will you see your family while in New York?

Devonne, I need 8 hrs. too, but NEVER get them.  Am lucky to sleep 6 or 7 once a week.  Always tired but naps help me and don't interfere with nighttime sleep like with so many.  I love all the oddball recipes you try and tell us about!  

Holly, IMHO that 's when all schools should start, after Labor Day!  No kids here, anymore, of course.   Never had to even think about it when I was in school or when our kids were.  Labor Day was first!  Then school...

Going to quit.  Have thirsty plants and dirty dishes waiting.  Have a good afternoon and evening.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/04/2023 1:30 pm)

9/04/2023 1:34 pm  #13

I also have the sleep app. I never get 8 hours. I get between 5.5 and 6.5. We’ve both taken to having an afternoon nap, which the app doesn’t pick up on. And of course, there is almost always a spam phone call when we’re napping.

9/05/2023 7:51 am  #14

OUR TEMPS MAY HIT 90 TODAY.  THAT'S RARE.  I'M INSIDE SO ITS OKAY WITH ME.
I WILL HARVEST MORE TOMS TODAY TO SHARE.

I MADE THE STEAK AND CHICKEN IN SAUCE YESTERDAY AND IT WAS GREAT.  SOOOO TENDER.  WITH SPAGHETTI.  I MISSED MY STEAK.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR TODAY AS WELL.

NOTHING SPECIAL HAPPENING HERE.  MY SON IS ENJOYING ITALY.  SENT PICS OF THE COLISEUM TODAY.  ITS NICE TO SEE.  I AM KEEPING HIS PICS IN AN ALBUM.
LIKE THE COLISEUM......

HAVE A NICE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/05/2023 7:59 am)

9/05/2023 9:32 am  #15

Good Morning, you all sure hit it on the head, my girls  have been wonderful.  They do take care of us.  Larissa and her boyfriend stayed overnight last night so I wasn't alone.  They are both up and at 'em in the kitchen, not sure what they are doing but I'm sure it's fine.  It is only 60* outside and completely still, not a leaf is moving.  Tracy just called,  it is starting to rain there, but it's the first day of school so all will be well.

Larissa just came and asked me what I wanted for breakfast, so I'd better get moving and get in the kitchen.  She's a keeper! for sure!!  I hope everyone has a really nice day and I'll check in tomorrow!  Stay well!  Love, BJ.

9/05/2023 10:08 am  #16

It's going to hit 91 here today. I need to spread out my old potting soil before my lawn guy comes on Friday. It's probably hard as a rock by now & I'll need to use the water hose, lol! The grass is really high and looks awful, but he's on vacation. He was coming last week, but I told him it can wait until he gets back. The backyard grows 3 times faster than the front and luckily, no one can see it but me!

Judy, I made another one of those oddball recipes yesterday. It was a keto chocolate cake using only sugar free chocolate chips and 4 eggs. You separate the egg whites, beat til fluffy and fold it into the chocolate and yolks. It turned out good, but it sure has a strong chocolate taste. Can only eat a little of it at a time. I added whipped cream which made it much better, lol! 

Saturday I made a pizza crust using only Colby Jack cheese. I grated my own from a block (she doesn't recommend the pre shredded cheese.) 6 ozs. of cheese, garlic powder and onion powder (1 tsp) and a few red pepper flakes. This was surprisingly good and no carbs in the crust, only the sauce. Ragu makes a sauce called Simply that has lower carbs.  I was out of mozzarella cheese and only had parmesan, so I'm doing this one again this week using spinach, tomatoes, pepperoni, onions, ground beef and ham. She recommends Italian sausage, but I'm not a big fan of sausage.

I slept good last night. Sandy got me up one time at 1 am and then I slept until 9 am. I need more sleep now, as I feel like I'm trying to get a cold. I took two naps this weekend, so not me!

I'm going to straighten up the kitchen, fix my lunch and head to the sewing room. While the design is stitching, I'll work on the laundry. I have clothes to hang up. Still need to shampoo some more carpet, but that's for another day. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/05/2023 11:15 am)

D e v o n n e

9/05/2023 3:59 pm  #17

=26px91 here also, and very humid. 
I made a new dish for dinner, the biscuits in a roll split into two pieces, and put on the bottom and sides of a cupcake pan. Filled with 1 lb of ground beef mixed with 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, topped with a little shredded cheddar. Bake 10 minutes at 400. We had veggies in the air fryer with it. Really good. And plenty left for tomorrow! Ralph had 4 and I had one. Now the dishwasher is running. 

9/06/2023 8:45 am  #18

I JUST WANTED TO STOP IN AND SAY HELLO.  NOTHNG DIFFERENT HERE.  BINGO TONITE.  NO COOKING NEEDED.  SLOW DAY HERE BUT COOLER THAN YESTERDAY, ONLY IN THE LOW 80S.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

9/06/2023 9:51 am  #19

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is very cloudy here today and only 57*, not a nice day.  Sharon will be late today, as Tracy asked her to stop by and see if Frank was dressed.  They are supposed to be dressed by 8:30, I think and they haven't been doing that.  Will be nice to have him home.  He will likely be home on Sunday, we have a wheelchair in the bedroom for him, will be different, for sure.

I'm surely not feeling great today, very tired and lazy feeling.  Have my coffee, but couldn't get the lid off my breakfast balls.  Hopefully Sharon will be able to do that.  I'm pretty hungry, but guess I will survive!!

Will sign off now, sending love and best wishes to you all, BJ.

9/06/2023 12:39 pm  #20

My main news:  Howard and friend, Albert are driving to Aurora, OH (lower SE Cleveland) to buy a snow plow from a Craig's list offering.  This all came up suddenly Monday evening.  I'm so so thankful Albert could go with him.  Felt I just couldn't ride 5 + hrs. one way and then home 5 /12  hrs. in his pickup with the dog.  And of course, would be no help if needs be.  He set me up with an app so I can see where they are, except he took the Rand McNally atlas and so I only see the toll road he's traveling at the moment.  Still, it's something and I'll know when they get there and are on their way back. 
The house is very quiet and I don't know quite how to be.  ML will stop by later with some eggplants from her SIL's garden.  
I'm going to make a double batch of eggplant soup and surprise them with a share of it.  It's a bit different. Has onion, garlic,  zucchini, canned tomatoes,  shell macaroni and broth...the peeled and cubed, sauteed eggplant.  With shredded Swiss cheese on top. Off the top of my head,  so wonder if I missed anything?   

QB, very nice pic of Matt and Daphne, and the Coliseum, of course.  They look very happy.  Is your granddaughter who was sick, well, now?

Devonne, sounds good but  I wouldn't like the strong chocolate taste, either.  That's how Curt & Mary's wedding cake was.  She was very proud it and asked me how I liked it.  I did an internal hiccup and told her it was wonderful but, in truth, I couldn't eat it all and neither could Howard who has a much higher tolerance for chocolate. White lies just have to be resorted to sometimes and preferences always factor in, maybe the most...
Carol and Albert, always on a lo-carb diet,
get cauliflower crust pizza at our favorite place.  I've never tried it.

Holly, your recipe sounds good and very easy.  Will be trying that for sure.  Haven't made the potato soup yet either, but will as soon as it cools off.  

Big rain early this morning.  Sunny and cooler, now.  Off to do as I please. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/06/2023 1:02 pm)

Board footera