OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/03/2023 12:16 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY SEPT 10 ~ SAT SEPT 16

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/09/2023 10:49 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 10 ~ SAT SEPT 16

Have a wonderful week!🤗

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/10/2023 4:12 am  #3

THANKS DIANE! How are you, hope things are a little quieter there now (((hugs)))

BJ I think your man is there now, hope he gets on his feet and is keeping well, he will have you to nag him to do his PT - with love of course (((hugs)))

SANDRA are they back yet? it's beautiful weather there at the moment, pretty warm,  but they like the heat, I need to take a leaf from your book and get my floors done tomorrow, the Mr does the initial clean on them most Mondays, but I need to pull to all the furniture - he's not good about that LOL

DEVONNE sounds like a lovely time for Carter, Happy Birthday to him ! Did your big design go through without more issues? Getting it all set up again is hard, I remember doing that, you had to mark everything carefully. I had some very light chalk pencils to do it. Those pens that iron out could still leave a mark. 

HOLLY sounds like a fun meal, making it up from the freezer, the best kind sometimes, we had such a huge meal Sat night, roast with lots of veg, I made extra because I knew there would be loads of the lamb, so tomorrow it's all going to go together again - Bubble & Squeak, we used to call it here, my nan said it was because when everything got put to fry it would bubble in gravy  after it squeaked in the hot pan LOL

It's been a quiet day, I cut the Mr's hair, and did some tidying up of kitchen cupboards, we did some shopping, he is trying to stay away from dairy AND too much wheat/sugar cereals, so I made him read all the labels LOL

Pete was involved in an accident on Friday on his way home, not much damage to the car, not his fault, so it will be fixed with no cost, but it will be quite a while, they don't even want it to go in till Oct 10 - same day as John starts his final exams for school. 

I had a lovely brunch with the team from training on Sat after class, so nice to get together and chat, then high tailed it to the meat market to pick up the legs of lamb, one for the freezer and the one for that night. 
It was so busy there, they work on a number system, they were calling 86 when I arrived, and the machine had already gone over to 147 (and 148) for my ticket, I accidentally pulled 2, heard a poor man asking where to go for tickets, so gave him one, then MY reward was standing near another lady who had done the same - her numbers were 122 & 123 so I got served a little quicker, they had lots of servers, so the numbers went fast.

It's cool again today BUT we are heading for pretty high temps from Wed to next Monday WHEW! Summer is definitely on the way !

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/10/2023 4:16 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/10/2023 9:05 am  #4

TRISH.....SORRY TO HEAR PETE WAS IN AN ACCIDENT.  THANK GOODNESS HE WASN'T HURT.  CARS CAN BE FIXED THOUGH Y0U SEEM TO HAVE A LONG WAITING PERIOD.
MY SON IS IN POMPEI.  SENT A COUPLE PICS.  AMAZING WHAT THEY HAVE UNEARTHED.

DEVONNE......I AM HAPPY TO HEAR YOU HAD A GOOD TIME FOR C'S BIRTHDAY DO.  AND ALL THE GOOD FOOD.  
ITS A SHAME THE BOYS CANNOT GET ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.  I KNOW YOU WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM GETTING ALONG.

CLOUDY OUT RIGHT NOW WITH RAIN EXPECTED SOON.  IT'LL BE THE SAME THE REST OF THIS WEEK. 
NO HOUSECLEANING FOR ME TODAY.  ITS SUNDAY, MY DAY OF REST AND THIS TIME I AM FOLLOWING THRU.  NO CHORES ON MY LIST TODAY.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD AND SAFE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/10/2023 9:08 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/10/2023 9:08 am  #5

Good Morning to everyone!!  Frank is home, still in bed, will likely stay there most of the day.  He's doing pretty well.  It is cool this morning, only 56*.  Jamie and Tracy are here, they're fiddling around someplace.

I'd better run and check them out, do some visiting.  Tracy has a few days off so will be here until Tues or Wed.  Really nice to have her.  She's a lot of company.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

9/10/2023 9:25 am  #6

Well the car show week has ended and we have gone 20 mins north to the Sagamore Resort for a few days. Google it. The place is gorgeous, the view is spectacular and the food is amazing. It is overcast and they are expecting rain every night there has been severe storms but clear during the day.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/11/2023 3:28 am)

9/10/2023 12:38 pm  #7

BJ, I'm glad Frank is home. I know he is enjoying his own bed! I'm glad Tracy can stay for a few days.

Trish, glad Pete wasn't hurt. Hopefully, a rental car will be free for his use until his car is repaired. The big design is usable. Thank goodness it didn't have any outlining! The newer machines have a laser light that does precise placement, but who has $12,000, lol.

Janet, glad to hear you're having a good time and seeing some nice views, along with good food!

Sandra, yes, I would love for them to be closer, but it is what it is. Sometimes it's impossible to change people...just doesn't work. I think it got worse when Greg got divorced. It's a long story and I could write a book, lol. When will Matt & Daphne come back to the US?

I'm doing another big design, this one has a red truck with a Christmas tree in the back. It's 57,000 stitches. I did 28,000 last night. I only have 15,000 stitches to go, then I'll rest and watch a little tv. My housework is suffering, but I'll start on that tomorrow. 

When this finishes, I'll warm up the leftovers from Walk Ons. My food was good, but I didn't like the sports environment. Too many tvs, too much football and way to loud for this old lady.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/10/2023 12:48 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/10/2023 2:35 pm  #8

Haven't heard of Walk Ons, Devonne.  Happy Birthday to Carter.  Twelve...hard to believe.  I'm glad you have a good relationship with each of your sons and neither tries to sabotage that.  Common courtesy seems to have gone out the window.  If people don't want to respond to 'whatever', they just don't and seem to think it doesn't matter.   Like so many things, it's just the times...

BJ, now you can go back to your normal life.  Frank, after recovery, should be walking better.  Did you get a different med at your doctor's?  I like your line that, "Jamie and Tracy were fiddling around somewhere".    Seems like that's often what we all do...My word for Howard is "prowling around" which irks him.  I usually say  I'm "puttering" and the Brits say, "pottering", which is better, IMHO.  

The kids have again taken two cars to Andrew's  apt. to transport his desk and put it together and he'll stay there, work, and continue studying for his first CPA board.  They drive back home tonight and he'll actually, finally, be ON HIS OWN!  (maybe)    For ML, it all causes ups and downs emotionally.  Bill, too, but he hides that.    I know, and she knows, all things considered, it's rather silly, but...
Trish, what's next for  John?  I'm sure you've told us before, but I need a refresher.  Sorry about the bugaboo Warrick got into in the name of being helpful.  That is the case, too often.  Those little serendipitous things that happen like your meat counter story, are some of the tiny joys of life, aren't they?

Well, I'm closing this down.  Have had too many close calls with computer flashing and once it rapidly scrolled over and over.  When I got it stopped was surprised my post was still here.
Have a good Sunday evening and sweet dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/10/2023 2:38 pm)

9/10/2023 7:49 pm  #9

I'm sitting here watching this design stitch out, so thought I would do another post. This time I picked a 34,000 stitch design so it wouldn't take so long. What a bummer! I didn't have any red bobbin thread and the white was showing thru to the top. I waited on Amazon to get here with my thread at 8:30 and started the red part all over, lol. I am trying to make this project shorter, but it's not happening, lol. 

Judy, it didn't bother me as much when Gary got married and moved out because Greg was still there. It was a different story when Greg moved out. It's so much harder to let go when you're not expecting it. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/11/2023 3:27 am)

D e v o n n e

9/11/2023 3:41 am  #10

JANET that sounds nice, when you have a lovely place and goo food it makes all the difference - enjoy!! When will you be back?

DEVONNE glad you got the thread you needed. Have you decided on the layout and size for the quilt for E? I have never heard of Walk On, is it salad foods, burgers? 

INDY John will go to university - hopefully, as long as his marks are good enough  - and is wanting to do engineering, no idea what type ( I try to support and not get too involved unless he wants to tell me LOL ) it would be at least 3 years, possibly 4 if he does extra. He already has a pat time job, so he will be able to study and work as well.

SANDRA they are getting around, Pompeii is incredible, I didn't like that they had displays of the victims of the volcano, that was a bit creepy. Incredible what they built, and how they did their 'plumbing' , the stones in the roads are still there and you can even see the wheel ruts from carriage use.

BJ so good to hear your guy is home, he will get tired easily, but you both know you will have lots of  help (((hugs)))

HOLLY we are heading for a heatwave this week, REALLY not looking forward to it, looks like  along hot summer coming our way, hope the A/C can handle it! 

I am really tired tonight, falling asleep, I did yoga, it was a tough session, she's good, she pushes us, and it is tiring LOL But I do feel better for it.
We are going to the movies tomorrow after my training session, we are going to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3. Hopefully it will be funny.
We had our leftovers into stew tonight, it was really good, and there is still plenty left. I'd happily eat it again tomorrow, but I know the Mr won't, so better think of something!
We have plenty of veg, so I might just get a rotisserie chicken - meal already half done then!

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/11/2023 3:43 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/11/2023 5:20 am  #11

Trish- we should be home mid day Friday.

9/11/2023 7:56 am  #12

WE'RE EXPECTING RAIN THIS AFTERNOON.
AND HERE IS THE VIEW MY SON SAW FROM HIS LUNCH IN POSITANO ITALY TODAY....

THIS MUST BE THE BEAUTIFUL AMALFI COAST.
AS FOR ME, I AM AWAITING THE RAIN SO I CUT MY HAIR THIS MORNING THEN TOOK OUT MY TRASH.  I NEEDED TO GET THAT DONE BEFORE IT RAINED.  WE HAVE 2 DAYS OF IT IN THE OFFING.

TRISH.....I WOULD THINK ENGINEERING GIVES LOTS OF CHOICES FOR A LIVING.  HE SHOULD DO WELL.  SOMEWHERE ALONG THE STUDIES HE WILL MAKE HIS FINAL CHOICE.

DEVONNE......YOU SURE ARE MAKING SOME LOVELY BLOCKS WITH YOUR EMBROIDERY.  GOOD FOR YOU.
AS FOR THE KIDS NOT GETTING ALONG, MY SON AND DAUGHTER ARE NOT ALWAYS IN SYNC.  HE THINKS SHE ALWAYS MAKES EXCUSES NOT TO VISIT OR GET TOGETHER AND HE'S RIGHT.  I HAVE HEARD ALL THE CAR ISSUES AND SICK TUMMY AND HEADACHES OVER THE YEARS AND SOMETIMES I THINK ITS JUST LAME EXCUSES NOT TO COME.  MY SON NEVER EVEN INVITED HER TO HIS WEDDING RECEPTION WHEN HE GOT HOME.  HE SAID HE ONLY HAD SO MANY MEALS ORDERED AND HE KNEW SHE WOULD MAKE SOME EXCUSE AT THE LAST MINUTE AND HE DIDN'T WANT TO WASTE A MEAL WHEN HE HAD GOOD FRIENDS HE KNEW WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE.  I REALLY AGREED WITH HIM ON THAT SCORE.  BUT WHEN THEY SEE EACH OTHER, WHICH IS RARE, THEY GET ALONG FINE. 

BJ......HOW IS IT HAVING FRANK BACK HOME AGAIN?  LUCKY YOU WITH A DAUGHTER TO STAY A COUPLE DAYS WHILE HE SETTLES.

I THINK I WILL HAVE SOMETHING SIMPLE FOR LUNCH, LIKE TOMATO SOUP AND CRACKERS.  ITS LIGHT AND CAN BE FILLING WITH THE CRACKERS.  I WILL THINK ABOUT SUPPER LATER

I KNOW THAT SOME FOLKS ARE DISTRAUGHT WHEN THEIR LAST CHILD LEAVES THE NEST.  AS FOR ME, I ALWAYS BELIEVED YOU RAISE YOUR KIDS THE BEST YOU CAN AND THEN APPLAUD WHEN THEY ARE ABLE TO FLY AWAY FROM THE NEST.  I KNOW I DID.  OF COURSE YOU ALWAYS WORRY AND GIVE THEM ADVICE WHEN THEY ASK AND SOMETIMES EVEN MONETARY HELP, BUT THEY ARE ADULTS AND MOSTLY ABLE TO GET ALONG FINE WITHOUT MOM'S APRON STRINGS.  ITS TIME TO ENJOY THE GRANDKIDS.
MY DAUGHTER THOUGHT I MUST BE SOOO SAD WHEN MY SON LEFT TO LIVE WITH 2 OTHER FRIENDS IN THEIR OWN APT. SO SHE BOUGHT ME A SIAMESE KITTEN TO GET OVER THE EMPTINESS.  WELL, SHE NEEDN'T HAVE DONE THAT BUT I LOVED HAVING THE KITTEN AND BOUGHT A COMPANION FOR THAT ONE ENDING UP WITH MY UNRELATED PAIR, KOKO AND YUMYUM, DARLING FELINE COMPANIONS FOR THE NEXT 18 AND 21 YEARS.

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING UNSELLABLE HOUSES ON HGTV.  THEY ARE STARTING THEIR NEW SEASON TONITE SO THE CHANNEL IS RUNNING THEIR OLD SHOWS FIRST.  I LOVE THAT PROGRAM.  ITS DONE IN THE NORTHWEST, LIKE WASHINGTON STATE.  I LOVE HOW THEY RENOVATE AND STAGE FURNITURE TO SELL HOMES.

I AM EXPECTING THAT RALPH MACCHIO BOOK TO ARRIVE TODAY ACCORDING TO THE EMAIL I GOT.  IT SHOULD BE INTERESTING READING.
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/11/2023 8:21 am)

9/11/2023 9:08 am  #13

Hi there, just a brief note as Tracy is fiddling around in the kitchen.  It is 60* outside and not a breath of air.  Sky is full of clouds.  I'm not feeling too bright this morning, just lazy and bumming around.  Am wearing lots of green today, pants and top and another top that is longer and has long sleeves.  That's all I have to say this morning, just lazy, I guess.  Have a wonderful day, everyone!  Love, BJ.

9/11/2023 9:48 am  #14

I had the urge to go to Trader Joe’s this morning. It only about 10 miles away but we rarely get there. I got a lot of pumpkin things for Eddie and Julie, and a few for us. 
Cloudy, high humidity for a few more days, then should be nice, 
Steph and Manda fought like cats and dogs when they lived home. As soon as Manda moved away, they became BFF’s, and talk every day. Heather is a lot older, but talks to them both frequently. 

Trish, Manda’s degree is physics engineering and Ben’s is aeronautical engineering. 

9/11/2023 12:22 pm  #15

Well, this is the 3rd message I've tried to type. It keeps going back to the previous page, so I'll be submitting my post & then finish it.

I had my coffee outside this morning and there was a wonderful breeze. I called my sister, but she's had a few bad days and didn't feel like talking. 

Sandra, that is sad about Matt and his sister, but it seems to be the norm of what happens with siblings. I wasn't close to any of my brothers, but I was much older than them. The only time my oldest brother ever called is when he wanted to borrow money. From what my Mom told me, he drained her wallet and never paid her back, so he didn't get any money from me, lol. So glad to see Matt is having a relaxing vacation. Is he still working for Fed-X?

Trish, I have the blocks by row in the order I want to sew them. I'm going to try quilt as you go for the first time. First, I'm going to do a "sandwich" block on my embroidery machine using a quilting design. I have a few discarded blocks I can practice with. I'm ready to try that today. I'll use my magnetic hoop for the first time so I won't have to hoop all 3 layers. It could go great or be a big mess, lol. 

Janet, sounds like you are really enjoying your trip this time. 

Greg took me to a subdivision to see this house. There are huge mansions all around him. I don't know how people afford them unless they inherited a lot of money. There's another porch on the right side that I couldn't get in the picture very well.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/11/2023 12:42 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/12/2023 3:47 am  #16

Might be something on the internet DEVONNE I had to type this again, lost the first one!

We went to the movies, saw Big Greek Wedding 3, it was OK, the others were better, the scenery on Greece great though.

It was beautiful and sunny this morning, cloudy this afternoon after we came out of the movies.
Other than that a quiet day, went to training this morning, we had fun, and the Mr is watching TV, the satellite went out for a bit, he was getting anxious, I had a book to read so don't care if there is no TV LOL 
He likes it on all the time, it's never on if he's not here. I can do without.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/12/2023 7:21 am  #17

ITS ANOTHER RAINY DAY HERE.  TEMPS AROUND 70 TODAY AND 60S TONITE.  NICE TEMPS THO.

DEVONNE.......YES, MY SON IS STILL AT FEDEX.  HE'S ENJOYING HIS BELATED HONEYMOON AND WILL RETURN TO ROME THEN FLY HOME ON THURSDAY.  I BET HE'LL BE TIRED AS HECK AND NEED SOME REST FROM ALL THE RUNNING AROUND.  HE'S ENJOYED HIMSELF VERY MUCH.

I'M TIRED AND FEELING HUNGER NOW.  ONLY 6 MORE DAYS TO GET TO THE DENTIST.  IT WILL BE WONDERFUL TO REMOVE THAT TOOTH AND EAT GOOD FOOD AGAIN.  I MISS MY MEATS.

I WAS JUST KNOCKED OFF HERE BUY LUCKILY I SUBMITTED BEFORE THAT HAPPENED.....

DEVONNE......MEANT TO ADD I LIKE THAT MANSION PHOTO,  I LOVE HOMES WITH COLUMNS.  SO ELEGANT.

I AM TIRED AND I AM HUNGRY.  FEELING THOSE HUNGER PAINS TODAY AND FEEL LIKE I'M RUNNING ON EMPTY.  I NEED SOME SOLID PROTEIN LIKE I'M USED TO.  ENOUGH OF MY COMPLAINTS, THIS OLD LADY IS GOING TO WATCH SOME TV AND DO SOME READING.  I GOT MY RALPH MACCHIO BOOK SO CAN READ THAT.

STAY SAFE LADIES.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/12/2023 7:48 am)

9/12/2023 9:07 am  #18

Good Morning, it is nearly 60* outside.  I'm all ready to go to Dr. this morning, my left leg is not working well, not sure what is wrong.  Hopefully the Dr. will know what is going on.  It is the leg that I had surgery on many years ago, not sure what but believe the knee quit working.  Oh well, I'll likely find out what is wrong with it this morning.

I really need to run as I have to finish getting ready to leave and Tracy is up, so need to visit with her.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay well, Love, BJ.

9/12/2023 7:01 pm  #19

I didn’t mention that when we checked in we were upgraded to the Governor’s Suite! Lake view. It’s huge, much bigger than the 1 bedroom king suite that we usually get. This suite is double what we pay for our usual suite. 😁. I don’t know why we were upgraded. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/13/2023 10:52 pm)

9/13/2023 9:27 am  #20

Well, I lost the post   I had written, so will start over.  It is a beautiful day, not a thing is stirring.  Tracy will go home today so Rhonda is coming to stay with us.  It is very nice of them to stay with us!  Tracy will be back on Saturday and will spend the weekend.

Frank is moving around a little bit.  He stayed in bed most of yesterday, but is getting up this morning.  Yesterday when my helper was here, she found some winter clothes for me, so I have on a black shirt this morning with lots of pink, lavender and white flowers on it, lovely!!

Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, have a wonderful day, BJ.

Board footera