OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/19/2023 9:53 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 17 ~ SAT SEPT 23

Good Morning, I'm not doing very well this morning, so will be brief.  It  is only 56* outside and very gloomy.  Gloria is coming  this morning to clean, not much to do, but there is some.  I'm very uncomfortable as I have a sore spot on the inside of my leg up very high, so sitting is not very comfortable, but I'll survive.  Tracy ordered some cream which will arrive today to put on the sore spot, thank goodness!!!

Rhonda just called to let me know she forgot to get cash to pay Gloria, so will offer to write her a check if she wants one or Rhonda will get her paid in cash sometime.

Well, Gloria just arrived so I'd best get off and communicate with her. Hope everyone has a great day, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

9/19/2023 11:00 am  #22

Trish, that's great news for John! 

BJ, I'm so sorry you have a bad sore. After you put the cream on it, get Tracy to put a gauze pad on it so it won't rub your other leg. Hugs to you and Frank.

Trish, I have realized this morning I'm not that young anymore, lol! This is a major job, but once it is done, it won't ever have to be done again.

I have a friend I used to work with at Equifax that wants to go to dinner. I'll work that in tomorrow if she's available then.

D e v o n n e

9/19/2023 11:15 am  #23

10:00am September 19, 2023 Tuesday

Prayers and 🫂 hugs everyone..

Hope you are all having a good day..

Sorry I haven't been on in a bit.. dh Elmer has been in hospital has been in the hospital since Friday.. he had passed out from heat ..? Heat stroke? Dr's said that it was from heart condition and he is to stay in hospital until transfer to bigger hospital OHSU for his surgery, TAVR.. he has not had it yet due to it keeping get pushed back for one reason or another.. so hospital till surgery. Then recovery and maybe some more recovery time..

So that is about all I have been thinking about, other than family taking me to see him daily .. and groceries and other stuff family needs to do .. they are keeping me with them at all times..

🙏 Prayers that you are all doing good or at least better each day,.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/21/2023 1:39 am)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

9/19/2023 11:50 am  #24

Happy Birthday  Diane..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

9/19/2023 1:03 pm  #25

Another nice fall day here! Heather surprised us and came up and brought stuffed peppers all constructed, we just have to bake them. We’re going down on Saturday for Eddie’s 20th birthday. She was pregnant with him when I joined the old HGTV boards! 

Trish, I read that Australia is expecting bad wildfires this year. 

Sandra, thinking of you, hope all went well with your tooth!

9/19/2023 1:13 pm  #26

Chilly, rainy and very fallish, today.  Was supposed to be in the 80s for the next few days?????  I read an interesting Instagram that made me change my tune about fall and not caring for it, etc.   Definitely will work on ridding myself of those negative vibes and enjoy all the good days ahead.  

Devonne, you are one dynamo at least in your plans.  Making a house your home often takes a few tries and changes after you move in.  Sorry about the issues the doggies have as they get older.  They're lucky to have you for their Mom!   

Mary Leigh dropped in, yesterday.  Couldn't take the pounding any longer from the roofers.  She insisted on us cleaning up my kitchen which needed it and which she did most of.  She ended up staying for a grilled hamburger with us when she called Bill and he told her the roofers were still working.  She/they go to their financial planner today and do whatever is necessary with him to sign up for her social security.  Golly gee, I can hardly believe she's old enough for that.  (Neither can she and don't tell her I've told you!)  LOL  Bill is two years younger and that bugs her, too.  Now, you all can see how shallow we are--her over this and me over fall arriving.  We feed off each other and at the same time, encourage and advise each other to do better. 

Trish, I forget...how old is John, now?  I do know his b.d. is in December!  So sorry about those aggravating nose bleeds with Dean.  How in the world does one take  a SCIENCE test while dealing with that?  I can't imagine...   I hope it's a growing up thing and nothing too serious.     

QB, say goodbye to that miserable tooth and you can start living normally, again.  I'm glad to hear Colleen could take you sooner. 

San, sorry to hear of Elmer's situation.  Maybe being in the hospital will speed up his surgery.  I'm glad your living arrangements are settled and that your family is taking good care of you.  I'll bet that little guy is a joy for both you and Elmer.  Best wishes for it all.  
Off to do something.  Have a good evening. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/19/2023 1:17 pm)

9/19/2023 2:56 pm  #27

SAN.....SORRY TO HEAR ELMER WENT INTO HOSPITAL.  NOW ITS A WAITING GAME FOR WHEN HE CAN GET IN FOR SURGERY.  PRAYERS THAT HAPPENS SOON AND IS OK.

I HAD THAT TOOTH PULLED AND THEY FOUND ROOTS AND SOME ENAMEL LEFT FROM THE ONE NEXT TO IT I LOST ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO SO EXTRACTED BOTH.  AS EXPECTED I HURT.
I DID NOT EXPECT THAT AFTER 5 HOURS I WOULD BE OOZING THE RED STUFF AGAIN.  PHONED THEM AND THEY ARE ALL GONE BUT WAS TOLD TO CALL IN THE MORNING IF ITS STILL OOZING.  IN THE MEANTIME ITS MOIST TEA BAGS WRAPPED IN GAUZE AND PRESSED TO THE AREA.  IT STINKS, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.  I HAD HOPED IT WOULD WORK OUT EASIER FOR ME.  AS LONG AS ITS NOT GUSHING I CAN LIVE WITH IT.  

I CAN'T WAIT TO EAT GOOD FOOD AGAIN.  THEY SAY MAYBE IN 4 OR 5 DAYS BEFORE THAT HAPPENS.  GOOD THING I MADE THAT CHICKEN RICE SOUP.  MY DAUGHER WAS PLEASED TO TAKE HOME TWO CONTAINERS OF IT TODAY.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  HUGS TO ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/19/2023 2:58 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/19/2023 3:37 pm  #28

Afternoon y'all! 

Still super busy!  

Waiting on paperwork/invoices for the Lake.  They will email it once they get it straight.  Had to go through the checkbook, carbons, to find what had been written and is still missing!  Got that settled this morning!  Waiting for the providers end! 

We had 2 dead trees in our yard cut down today.  Plus one Leyland cypress, it was dying so while he was here it was time to get rid of it!  

Went to the PO to mail something to my Uncle in Florida.  Got Christmas stamps while there.  He said more were coming in October!  

Walgreen's has screwed me again!  I'm sending everything to the mail order for my insurance.  I am so over this frustration.  Every month they find something new to screw-up!  Then don't say anything.  They ASSUME I know!  They are in the healthcare cog, an important link, yet they cannot do their job!  I would have been sued/fired multiple time if I screwed up as much as they do!  If they do this to me what do they do to other people?

Supper is leftovers!  Easy peasy!  Need to go pull stuff from the fridge once hubby is done making his lunch for tomorrow!  It's hard to work around him! 

Later my Friends! 

9/20/2023 9:04 am  #29

Good Morning to all!!  Hope everyone is doing well.  It rained here overnight so grass is still wet, but driveway is dried off.  It is only 58* here right now, very cool.  I have a Dr. appt tomorrow, hoping they can figure out what's wrong with my legs.   It is very painful to walk, so I try and make sure I'm where I want to be for a long time.  Silly, I know!!

It is very still outside this morning, but we'll all survive!!  Rhonda is off to work, didn't hear a thing from her this morning, she's very quiet!!  Love it that I don't hear her, believe she has to be at work at 6.

Well, I don't have anything to share this morning so will sign off, hoping you are all well, have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

9/20/2023 9:14 am  #30

BJ.....I HOPE THE DR  GIVES YOU SOME ANSWERS ON YOUR LEGS AND CAN HELP YOU.  CROSSING MY FINGERS.

THERESA.....WHAT  A MESS FOR YOU WITH WALGREEN'S.  AFTER ALL YOUR PROBS I AM GLAD I DON'T USE THEM.  IN A PINCH I GO TO MY LOCAL HANNAFORD MARKET WHICH HAS A PHARMACY AND HAS NEVER MESSED UP A MED.   MOSTLY I GET MINE EVERY 3 MONTHS ONLINE FROM OPTUM RX.  THEY EVEN CONTACT MY DR WHEN MY SCRIPTS ARE EXPIRING SO NO WORK FOR ME.  WHICH REMINDS ME I MUST SCHEDULE MY FLU SHOTS NEXT MONTH WITH HANNAFORD'S.

TRISH....WHEN I WAS YOUNG THEY USED TO SAY THAT NOSEBLEEDS WERE CAUSED IN THE YOUNG BECAUSE THEY HAD TOO MUCH BLOOD AND NEEDED TO EXPELL SOME OF IT. 
MY SON ENDED IN THE HOSPITAL ONE TIME WITH A NOSEBLEED THAT WOULD NOT STOP.  WENT THRU A THICK TOWEL ON THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE CAR.  THEY HAD TO CAUTERIZE IT.  NEVER HAD THAT SERIOUS PROBLEM AGAIN.  
I HOPE DEAN'S NOSEBLEEDS ARE SOON A THING OF THE PAST.
GOOD NEWS ON JOHN ONCE AGAIN.

I FINALLY GOT THE OOZING FROM MY GUMS STOPPED AFTER CHANGING GAUZE EVERY 30 MINS. ALL NIGHT.  AROUND 4ISH THIS MORNING I WAS SAFE.  DENTIST PHONED THIS MORNING TO CHECK ON ME.  HE WAS HAPPY THE PACKING FINALLY HELPED.  PERSONALLY I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A STITCH OR TWO WHICH MAY HAVE HELPED.  ANYWAY, I AM TOOLING ALONG.  HAD SOME YOGURT FOR BREAKFAST.  SOFT FOODS NOW FOR ANOTHER 3 OR 4 DAYS FOR ME, DARN IT.  BUT I CAN WAIT.  ONLY GOT 3 HRS BROKEN SLEEP THIS MORNING SO I AM TIRED, TIRED, TIRED.  NO BINGO FOR ME TONITE.  I NEED TO TAKE A NAP OR TWO TO CATCH UP.  
SO LIFE GOES ON AND I AM SO EAGER TO EAT STEAK AND POTATO CHIPS AGAIN SOON.
LOVELY SUNNY DAY HERE AND IN THE LOW 70sF AND 40s TONITE.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/20/2023 9:30 am)

9/20/2023 10:00 am  #31

Sandra- glad to read the bleeding stopped. 
Trish- for a period of time about 2 winters ago, I was getting a bloody nose, one side, several times a day.  Finally went to an ENT and he cauterized some small vessels….none since, but he said I should swab the nostrils every night with either bacitracin or Vaseline.

9/20/2023 12:33 pm  #32

Another sunny fall day here. We just got home, had lunch with the nurses and spouses. It’s down to 4 of us, sadly. I got ham steak, which had no flavor. They made me a replacement, which also had no flavor, so they credited my bill. 

Our replacement microwave arrived a day early, yay! Ralph just got it set up. 

Sandra, I’m glad your mouth site is now ok! 

9/20/2023 2:41 pm  #33

Afternoon y'all! 

QB glad the mouth bleeding stopped.  Never fun! 

Holly Yay on the early arrival of the microwave!!! 

Trish, hubby gets nosebleeds all the time, more so in the cooler months, dry air is the cause, for him.  Since we added the moisture to the heating system, he does not get as many! 

Boring day here.  Trying to get my scripts transferred to the online/mail!  I only worry about the summer months so I need to watch for mail arrival!  I think less trips to the pharmacy will be good for me.  I'm thrilled so far!  They have been on top of the orders, and emailing they got them!  

I'm doing one office at a time.  The ENT office wants to see me before they call it in!  GRRRR!  I will play their money game! 
I have been making turkey soup.  Hubby froze some of the meat and part of the carcass from December, figured it's nice and cool, so I started the soup!  Don't have carrots, I will get some tomorrow to finish the soup.  Today is the day we take the garbage out, so I wanted to get the bones and such tossed today!  Works out fine!  

Nothing else exciting!  Later my Friends! 

9/20/2023 5:50 pm  #34

Another beautiful day here too!  Except those darn Asian beetles, look like ladybugs, have arrived.  One bit me today.  I've never had that happen before.  And they stink when you squash them.

Good for you Sandra, you're on the way to better eating.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

9/20/2023 6:43 pm  #35

I had a difficult time accessing this site. I got a message "Our Daily Thread" domain is up for sale. Could that be us or another Our Daily Thread site???

Sandra, you will be eating steak & chips soon!

Patty, one year we had a swarm of lady bugs. Somehow they were coming up thru the a/c vent in our master bedroom. There must have been 300 in there or more! Someone told us they are attracted to white/beige houses. That was our house, white railings too, lol.

Well, I didn't like the green color I chose so I went back to Home Depot and got one of the little samples of color to add to the green. I was getting black, but decided it might make the cabinets too dark, so went with Pawn Gray. Just love how it worked out and changed the color! Really happy with it. It's the color on the left. Looks grayish, but it isn't. I have a big mess!

Theresa, you had a boring day, lol? That's good to hear! Are you signed up for the postal alert to let you know what's arriving in your mailbox? I just love it and my sons signed up for it.

Miss Gracie is in the below picture. I got choked on a Cheese-It yesterday and she was there by my side in seconds. There's a lot more stuff in a spare bedroom, the bedroom closet and foyer.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/20/2023 7:02 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/21/2023 1:35 am  #36

Oh my goodness SANDRA what a time you had, I hope each day it gets less sore, on a good note, at least they found the other issues, so could get that done too, not a good way to finish your appointment. Maybe it was good after all going to another dentist ((((hugs)))) by the time you get up I hope you can eat a little more slightly solid food, maybe bread cubes in the soup??

DEVONNE you have quite a lot of work in front of you, the colour looks pinkish grey to me on my monitor, so can't really tell, Gracie is a good girl, helping like that! 

HOLLY it's true, as we get older our numbers of friends start to dwindle, hope you had a good time anyway, so good to catch up with friends.

PATTY did you get to see the lights? Wonder if it's what we call stink bugs? LOL We have so much blowing around right now I am double dosing on drugs LOL 

THERESA that system is horrible for medication, I can see why you get so mad with it!! Life wan't meant to be this hard, hoping that all the ducks are now in a row for the lake property ((((hugs))))

It was so incredibly hot again yesterday, had to get up early and get spaghetti sauce into the slow cooker, THEN heard that one of the TV stations was doing a 'cash grab' at the local shops, so some of us went down in our training shirts, hoping to get some free advertising in LOL
Back home, picked up Dean took him to Drs, she checked him out, Megan on the phone to her while we were there, he has an ENT referral , blood test to do, and he's back in school today.
John finished last night, graduation was only to be for 2 guests per student, so I made dinner for them - we had ours with Dean. They didn't get back till almost 8pm - YIKES, too late to be eating, they were all hungry though, except John, he was running on adrenaline I think.

We put our passport applications in on Monday morning, today got an email to say it's on it's way, good grief, was expecting it to be a few weeks at least, only problem is we don't know whose it is till it arrives, unless they did a double, it was just a renewal, and came to our home email address, not our gmail addresses that we used on the forms, our home email was used on our last ones.
So possibly they might be here tomorrow.

Then the Mr wanted cash from the bank, forgot his PIN number, raged at me for changing it, "nope I didn't" finally realised (when he got home) he was using the credit card PIN - but the bank gave him the money and then gave him a new temp password to go into his account online, so he could make a new PIN, honestly, he could have asked me to check his number instead of being so snappy, if he had I could have told him it was the wrong number. 

Such has been life here last couple days, frustrating - for me LOL - and really, really hot, so nice to have it normal spring temps today.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/21/2023 1:39 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/21/2023 1:40 am  #37

SAN I am so very sorry hubby is not doing well, keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers, hope he gets surgery ASAP (((( hugs))))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/21/2023 3:30 am  #38

No Trish, I didn't get to see the lights but a lot of stars were out.
We have stink bugs too but these are different.
Congratulations to John!

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

9/21/2023 8:28 am  #39

DEVONNE.......ARE YOU GOING TO DO ALL THAT PAINTING ALONE?  IF YOU DO, BE CAREFUL OF THE LADDERS.  LOVE THE COLOR BY THE WAY. 
HOPE YOUR PUPS ARE ALL FEELING BETTER.  THEY TAKE A LOT OF CARE AND LOVE.

TRISH.......SOUNDS LIKE THE BOYS DID OKAY AND ARE READY FOR THE NEXT LEVELS OF LIFE.

I AM FEELING A LOT BETTER EXCEPT FOR A BIT OF PAIN IN THE JAW FROM ALL THE TUGGING AND PULLING.  NORMAL I'M TOLD.  ITS SO GOOD NOT WORRYING ABOUT HITTING THAT BAD TOOTH WHEN I EAT NOW.  I AM MAKING PROGRESS WITH FOODS.

LOVELY DAY HERE AGAIN BUT SAME TEMPS.  I STILL NEED THE A/C THOUGH.
WILL CHECK ON SOME RECIPES ONLINE THAT I FOULED UP WHEN TAKING DOWN THE NOTES.  I HAVE ADDED MORE CASSEROLES AND 1-SKILLET MEALS TO MY RECIPE FILE.  EASY TO HANDLE AND ALL COMBINED FOR A MEAL.  I HAVE ALSO REVAMPED MY NEW EATING PLAN WHICH INCLUDES MY SNACKS IN THE EVENING.  I HOPE I CAN KEEP THOSE DOWN TO THE NUMBERS I PROPOSE.  I WANT TO STAY AT THIS NEW WEIGHT.  I FEEL A BIT LIGHTER. AND IT ALSO HELPS WITH THE GROCERY BILLS.  ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

THAT'S IT FROM ME FOR NOW.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/21/2023 8:30 am)

9/21/2023 9:07 am  #40

Good Morning to everyone, I'm up a bit early, dressed, did my exercises and have my coffee poured!  Pretty good for an old lady!!!  Well, I'm pretty sure everything is going well, it is only 46* outside, so I'm staying in!!  Well, until I have to go to Dr. at 12:45.   The sun is shining this morning so maybe it will be a nice day after all.

My little dog went outside this morning just very briefly so that's good.  It is so still outside this morning, even up high!   Slightly strange. Well, I don't have anything else to say so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

Board footera