OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/03/2023 12:16 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY SEPT 17 ~ SAT SEPT 23

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/16/2023 11:40 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 17 ~ SAT SEPT 23

I am still up watching tv at 2:15 am, lol. It's raining and 66 degrees. Just love it! I don't see any 90's temps for the next 10 days and only 3 days in the 80's. This is one hot summer I'll be glad to forget. 

Theresa, that's one down and one to go! I don't blame you for wanting to go ahead and find your mountain home. No need to put your life on hold. How smart of you to keep all records in case your NSDB comes out of hibernation. 

Sandra, I watched a few episodes of Unsellable Homes last night. I love it too! Have you seen the one where the elderly man raised pigeons in his backyard? It was a 70's Rambler and he was stunned to see his house after they renovated it. Glad Matt is back home. His vacation went by very fast.

Molly has a yeast infection and bacterial infection. I told the vet Molly was scooting her butt across the carpet. She did an anal gland express (thank goodness in another room, lol). She said her anal glands were huge. She also trimmed where her big cyst was that burst back in March. It was mostly fur and blood, but I was afraid to trim it. She said the cyst isn't gone and will continue to grow back. The only way to get rid of them is surgery and they have to "go deep" to get them. She has 2 or 3 more small ones. She's on two different medications. She got a shot for allergies and itching. The shot lasts for one month.  What she is digging at so much under her chin the vet said looks like a skin tag. She can do an aspiration and have it tested, but I'm hoping the meds and shot will get her back on track. Out of all 3 of them, she is the one that likes to be close to me. It's a maltese trait, lol.

Holly, hope you're feeling better. When we went to Walk Ons there were 24 families ahead of us. We went to Greg's house, Carter got a shower, then we headed back to the restaurant. When Greg parked, they called our number, lol. 

Trish, I forgot to answer your question. Walk Ons reminds me of Hooters, if you know what that is. There are tvs everywhere. Definitely a sports oriented place. I prefer a quieter place to eat.

Gary and his family are in Orlando going to Universal. Hannah rented a house; there are 15 people there from Ben's family and Emily's best friend and her family. He sent me some pics of the house. Really nice with a pool and hot tub. He's not able to stay all day at Universal. He only stayed 2 hours today and uses an electric scooter.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'm watching a police chase kidnapping suspect on You Tube. When they stop him, I can go to bed, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/17/2023 12:34 am)

D e v o n n e

9/17/2023 3:01 am  #3

THANKS DEVONNE for bringing this up, and thanks also for the Walk ons info, I know what Hooters is, I don't care about the TVs on, as long as it's not noisy, mostly ours have no sound unless they are in the sports bars. Then the guys ( and some women) watch football games.

SANDRA not long now, I hope you are feeling OK, don't forget to let them know you have lost a lot of weight in the last few weeks while waiting, they might need to watch your BP if you have to have an extraction ((((hugs))) I'm glad your guy is home safe and sound, no matter how old we like to know they are safe .

JANET replied to your PM, thank you, I joined the group, got caught by the girls in my sewing group LOL, they are all friends on FB and saw me join, so they now know what quilt I like, we were supposed to keep it secret, might need to change my plans after all, still have no idea on fabric anyway, so still planning at this stage.

HOLLY sorry about your fib, I have Superventricular Tachycardia, also a form of afib, mostly I have no idea it's happening, it happens all the time, sometimes I am aware, mostly not. If it gets to be a problem they can send a shock through - I think - maybe Janet's Mr has something similar, and INDY as well. I would hate to feel like you did, horrible sensation (((hugs)))

INDY my heart problems were only found by accident really as well,  I had to wear a monitor for a few days after a scare with very high BP, and it showed, caffeine (too much) is a problem for me, makes it worse, I don't usually notice otherwise --  I hope you have a nice quiet week, and get to do exactly as you want LOL

THERESA that is great news, you will likely feel like staying put after all this anyway, at least till you stop running around for everything. How funny that A will move for a TV - too funny, Luke is so grounded isn't he, thinking of all possibilities. 

I had sewing today, fun to chat with the girls, I redid a Dear Jane block, tiny pieces and it looked awful, the remake is much better. 
Very hot weather here, it will be like this till Thursday, I should water early tomorrow, poor garden will be gasping.
Not unusual for us to have a bit of a heat wave this early, but not usual for it to be this long. We'll be glad to get back to cooler days.

John had his last day on Friday, they do have school tomorrow, but it's picnic day for the Year 12s and then final assembly with the school on Tuesday and graduation on Wednesday, he has told me for a while he would take a Batman costume  and walk around the school on final day, and he did, his friends sent him lots of film, he just wanted to have some fun, and give the others a laugh - they aren't supposed to do it, but his year co-ordinator was OK about it and told him if he wants to he can dress up for picnic day as well. He might have started a trend. He has been known to be the class clown on occasion. I remember he holds the record in Year 9 for being able to show something onscreen behind the teacher before she/he turned around and not be caught doing it. Little wretch, the things they learn from technology LOL 
He also decided - with his close friends - that they would all attend the formal as singles, and they have booked a table, it's an alcohol free event, full dinner and dance. There are usually lots of "after" parties the kids go to as well. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/17/2023 3:06 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/17/2023 8:02 am  #4

Trish- I saw that. I didn’t realize it was public. But thinking about the girl who started it, it figures. She’s a ditz.
Are you supposed to make something without the girls in your group knowing?

I totally forgot that I signed up for a workshop at my guild back in the spring, and it’s Tomorrow! Good thing I have a big stash. It’s called cathedral wreath? It’s a wall hanging. I have to precut and pack up my machine and “do-dads” as DH calls them. Lol. It’s at 9 am about 3bout 30 mins away, until 4 and then again tomorrow morning if more time is needed.

Theresa - glad you can say goodbye to the albatross.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/19/2023 2:47 am)

9/17/2023 8:27 am  #5

I HIT A WRONG KEY AND KNOCKED MYSELF OFF OUR THREAD SO I WILL START AGAIN.....

DEVONNE.......NO I DID NOT SEE THE UNSELLABLE HOUSES WITH THE PIGEON GUY.  MAYBE I CAN CATCH IT AT ANOTHER TIME.
GLAD TO HEAR MOLLY GOT TO THE VET AND A COUPLE OF THINGS WERE ACCOMPLISHED FOR HER BETTER FEELINGS.  THEY ARE OUR DARLINGS AND WE DON'T WANT THEM HURTING.  I HOPE THE MEDS DO HER LOT OF GOOD.

TRISH.....COFFEE MAKES MY HEART RACE, TOO BUT I GAVE IT UP WHEN I QUIT SMOKING YEARS AGO AND EXCEPT FOR A FEW TRIES (AND IT HAPPENED EACH TIME) I NEVER WENT BACK TO COFFEE AGAIN.  I CAN DRINK TEA AND HOT CHOCOLATE JUST FINE, NO PROBS.
HOW FUNNY YOUR JOHN AND HIS BATMAN COSTUME.  IT WENT OVER WELL IT SEEMS.  MAYBE HE STARTED A NEW TREND.
ITS A SHAME YOU NEED TO START ANOTHER QUILT SINCE EVERYONE NOW KNOWS YOUR CHOICE PRESENTLY.  

JANET......ITS A GOOD THING YOU HAVE THE FABRIC FOR THE GUILD MEET AND YOUR PROJECT.  GOOD FOR YOU.

AS FOR ME, MY DENTIST CHANGED MY APPT TO OCT 9TH SINCE HE HAD TO CANCEL ON MY DAY TOMORROW SO I MADE AN APPT WITH THE ORAL HEALTH CLINIC IN THE CITY.  MY DAUGHTER WILL TAKE ME ON HER DAY OFF THIS TUESDAY EARLY.  ITS WALK-INS 8-1 MON THRU THURS SO SHE WILL PICK ME UP AT 7 A.M. SO I AM MAYBE FIRST OR 2ND IN LINE.  THE RECEPTIONIST SAID THEY FILL UP FAST TO 4 OR 5 RIGHT AWAY AND EVERYONE HAS TO WAIT THEIR TURN.  I HOPE I DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TOO LONG.  I WANT THIS TOOTH GONE.
I WILL MAKE A POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP TOMORROW EVENING SO MY DAUGHTER CAN TAKE HOME A LARGE CONTAINER.  SHE LOVES THAT SOUP, TOO, AND FOR ME ITS EASY EATING WHILE MY GUM IS HEALING FROM THE EXTRACTION.
MY NEIGHBOR NAN BROUGHT ME A PUMPKIN MUFFIN LAST NITE TO HAVE TODAY.  ITS SO SOFT AND ITS FINE EATING FOR ME.  SHE GAVE ME ONE LAST WEEK.
TODAY ITS TRASH OUT AGAIN AND PICKING ANY MORE TOMATOES THAT ARE READY.  OUR STORM HAS PASSED.  WE GOT 4 BLINK-OUTS YESTERDAY THAT PUT OUT MY CABLE AS WELL.  LUCKILY IT CAME BACK ON RATHER QUICKLY.  THERE WERE 70 THOUSANDS WITHOUT POWER ALONG OUR COAST.
THAT'S IT FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/17/2023 8:41 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/17/2023 8:50 am  #6

Trish, I had a friend who had SVT who had an ablation years ago for it. She would be in it for hours. 
Another gorgeous day here, lunch is Olive Garden today.
I thought about Kelli today, I had Bon Jovi playing on Amazon music. Cheryl must miss her so much.

9/17/2023 9:26 am  #7

Good Morning!  It is only 58* out this morning!, but I see lots of blue sky!
I don't have any energy this morning, so will be very brief!  Believe it is to be very cool today!  Tracy just got up so need to go visit with her!

Sending love and best wishes to everyone, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (9/17/2023 9:28 am)

9/18/2023 5:35 am  #8

Off to a workshop at my Guild.  Back later

9/18/2023 7:49 am  #9

JANET.....HAVE A PRODUCTIVE DAY AT YOUR QUILT WORKSHOP TODAY.

DIANE......I SEE ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I HOPE YOU ENOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY.  HUGS.

ITS RAINING, RAINING, RAINING HERE.  LOTS OF IT.  ANOTHER DULL DAY FOR ME AND ONLY ONE MORE DAY TIL DENTIST.  HOORAY.  CAN'T WAIT TO EAT SOLID FOODS AGAIN.  I WILL BE MAKING A POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP THIS AFTERNOON.  ENOUGH FOR MY DAUGHTER AND HER FAMILY AS WELL AS SOME FOR ME DURING THE TIME I HAVE TO EAT SOFT FOODS FOR MY GUM TO HEAL.  

THAT'S IT LADIES.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/18/2023 7:51 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/18/2023 9:17 am  #10

It rained all night here, a nice gentle rain. Cleaning lady comes today, so we had to clear off surfaces so she can clean.
Our microwave died yesterday. We like the one with a hand,e to open it with, not a button to push, and he couldn’t find one anywhere! Ended up ordering one from Target, to be delivered Thursday, which is annoying.

9/18/2023 9:26 am  #11

Good Morning to everyone.  Sorry I'm not into making a conversation!  I'm feeling a bit bum this morning.  Tracy is still here and I'm dressed and made  up,  I'm sure Tracy will make some kind of breakfast for me, it is 8:20 am, so I'm about ready to eat something.  It is very sunny and still outside, but Tracy tells me it is raining everywhere else around here.
It is 60* outside, so pretty pleasant.  Just took Frank his coffee in bed so he is all set for awhile.  I realize I'm not making much sense so it is time to sign off and relax for awhile.  I hope you all have a really nice day and all goes well for you today, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (9/18/2023 9:27 am)

9/18/2023 10:58 am  #12

QB, thank you!  😊 So far, I've had a lazy birthday, but it's only 10am!  😄  We met our son at my Mom's yesterday & celebrated my birthday.  Yesterday, my parents would have celebrated 74 years of marriage, and my Mom felt a bit sad and nostalgic, so it was good we were there, along with my sister who lives there.

QB, my!  I'm so sorry about your tooth!

Afib issues - I'm sorry for all who have such episodes! Including my DH!

BJ, how wonderful that Frank is home!

Bday calls have distracted me so I will wish you all a great day and catch up later! 

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/18/2023 12:26 pm  #13

Happy Birthday! Diane. I hope your day continues to be relaxing.

Hope you're having fun Janet, share a picture of your project if you can.

I'm off Thursday to the first quilt camp of the season. I'm anxious to go. I had to miss the one in May so it feels like a very long time since I've seen these ladies, including my best quilting and cross stitching buddy.

Our trees are changing color, it is just beautiful!! Just the right temp today with a slight breeze so the windows are open and laundry is on the line.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day whatever you're doing.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/19/2023 2:46 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

9/18/2023 3:47 pm  #14

Holly- that’s why I always keep a back up toaster oven, microwave and Keurig!

Sandra and Patty- IMHO, the workshop was mediocre, at best. The woman who ran it was a ditz. She basically tried to develop the pattern, measurements, etc from a picture on someone’s blog. Her measurements were off and not much lined up very well. It was very frustrating, especially for someone like me who likes precision, especially with points. It was a faux cathedral window block. I won’t be going back tomorrow.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/19/2023 2:45 am)

9/18/2023 3:49 pm  #15

Diane- Happy Birthday

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/19/2023 2:45 am)

9/18/2023 4:40 pm  #16

Janet, a good idea to have backups. I’m sorry your workshop was a bust, sound’s frustrating.

I can’t believe we went from AC to a chilly breeze in a few days!

9/18/2023 8:38 pm  #17

Sandra, I'm glad you found another place to go. This place might even cost you less and you'll be eating solid foods soon!

Patty, I hope you have a good time at your camp. 

Diane, happy birthday! Glad you got to celebrate it with your Mom.

Janet, what a bummer! I wouldn't have went back either. 

My sewing room is a total mess. I've decided to reorganize everything and paint my dark bookcases a light green. They all will be moved to a different wall location, as well as my cutting table. It will be a bigger mess until it's finished. I already have moved in baskets to take everything out.

Only 77 degrees tomorrow, 60 right now at 10:30. Feels so nice!

Last edited by DownSouth (9/18/2023 8:42 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/18/2023 9:42 pm  #18

Sorry to hear that Janet.
Thanks Devonne. Good luck on the rearranging, I'm sure you'll love it when complete.

A cool breezy night here. Maybe get to see Northern Lights!!!

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/19/2023 2:44 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

9/19/2023 2:44 am  #19

DEVONNE I hope Gracie is OK, she is your worry one isn't she (((((hugs)))) you have set yourself quite a big project, just remember you are not as young as you used to be LOL

SANDRA Oh no, I am sorry your dentist cancelled on you, great that you can get into somewhere though straight away, by the time I get up you'll be all done, so rest, and remember the salt rinse, he might give you something as well, do you have any pain meds  - just in case ((((hugs))))

BJ I hope you are feeling OK, yes, it does seem a long time since you had the stake, and look how far you have come, give that man of yours a hug, hope is is doing well 

HOLLY I am in afib always, mostly don't know it, I liked it when they did the test and I could see it happening  - when I do feel it  it's weird, not really awful though. Sorry about the microwave, frustrating when the a appliances change, we had the same issue when we replaced the fridge, couldn't get what I wanted.

JANET too frustrating when that happens I did a workshop like that, luckily Julie also was in the class, she realised straight away if we followed the cutting instruction we'd use up too much fabric, even the basic cutting was wrong. She helped us finish the quilt top in her class. She also re-did instructions for a bag we wanted to make, she did the class with the designer, but said it was awful, and she re-did it the way she showed us.

PATTY I hope you get to see Aurora, I only saw the tiniest bit in Norway, I would love to see it, we had a spectacular display in Tasmania a few months ago, the colours were so vivid, looked like a painting. 
Have fun at your retreat.

I was stupid this morning, rushed out of the house to get to training, and forgot my water, it is so hot here, I didn't think I'd be ale to stay, but they had spray bottles to spray us down, so I sprayed my mouth LOL It was heading to 100 when I got home and drank the whole bottle straight away LOL

John had some good news, he has been accepted (provisionally) to Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at University of Technology Sydney -- he needs to pass his exams of course, but at least he knows he has got into University. He still hasn't heard back from a couple of Uni's he applied to so he may have another one, but this is the one he wanted.
Dean was home today, he had another massive nose bleed, they are trying to get him into an ENT, but they don't want to see him if the bleeding can be stopped, so it's a wait and see, they have been told to get him to a hospital if they can't stop it reasonably quickly - so far it's been able to be controlled after a few hours. Horrible when it happens, he did his whole Science exam on Monday with it bleeding, he said he stuffed his nose with tissues. The teacher asked at the end "who thinks they did well, who thinks they didn't and who had a nose bleed the entire exam" so they made a joke of it. 

I need to clean up the kitchen, and get ready for bed, the A/C is still cooling us off, might be ale to turn it off soon. Starting to feel cool in here now.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/19/2023 2:47 am  #20

DIANE Happy Birthday, I hope the day and week is wonderful, and you have a fabulous year to come (((hugs)))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera