OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/26/2023 10:00 am  #21

Re: ODT SEPT 24 ~ SAT SEPT 30

Good Morning, it's a lovely day, the sun is shining and it's very clear, windy up high, but not down where I can see easily.  I am wondering if everyone could use the size on their writing.  You just need to go in the numbers column and go down to 150 and click, it is so easy.  And it would make it easier to read, I have a hard time reading the tiny print.  Just a thought!!

Well, Larissa just got up and is making oatmeal for Frank.  She's a doll, she is going outside right now to throw the ball for her dog, then she'll come in and make the oatmeal.  She's a keeper, that one!!

Well, the cleaning lady is due this morning, so that will be nice to have things tidied up.  But I'd better get done here and visit with Larissa.  Hope you all have a very nice day, sending love and best wishes, BJ. 

9/26/2023 10:58 am  #22

Great pics, Devonne, and QB.  I didn't even notice the dribbles.    It's pouring rain, here.  After several rainy days, we're supposed to warm up decidedly  for several, so I guess I'll drag out the summer shirts I put away, and gladly.  Cold weather will be here soon enough.  

Thanks for the nice long post, Diane.  Understand you're a busy girl and then if hubby is home and you're doing things, it's hard to fit it in + you still seem to have lots of phone calls.  I, for one, think about you and any others who haven't posted much or in awhile.  Been wondering about Cheryl, too. 

Wow, Trish.  Eighteen!   Hard to keep up with the passing of time and especially with kid's ages.   I thought the kid next door was turning 16 and it turned out to be 17.  He's rather baby-ish so, and he failed a year in school, so?   I remember very well when you became a grandmother and then again with Dean in about two years. 

Devonne, you've made some great changes.  The door thingy is wonderful for your stabilizers.  I've never seen one sectioned off like that--perfect!   As for the dogs laying on the cords, who knows?  I doubt they emit any warmth, but Howard and I think the reason there'll be a whole line of birds on an electric wire is that it emits a bit of heat for their little feet.   You'd think those cords would be uncomfortable??

Holly, I liked David  M.  as Ducky, too.  He added just the right "flavor".    Such a cute nickname for Dr. Mallard, too!

ML and I have another funeral visitation this week.  As usual, Howard and Bill didn't know this man from church, so we girls will go.  Then, next, next Friday, we will be hosting our small group again.  So, I need to shove off and start working on all the stuff that's accumulated, again.  Have a great afternoon and evening.
  Indy

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/26/2023 4:47 pm)

9/26/2023 11:19 am  #23

It has been a terrible night, both at Gary's place and at my house. 

Sandy kept me up most of the night. Everytime I left the room, she would cry. The pain pills aren't working. I'll be taking her to the vet in 45 minutes (at 2:00). This may not be a good visit for us. She has lost control of her urine and bowels and doesn't want to walk.

At Gary's place, cops were everywhere. They have not caught him. Gary was smart and had the cops check their RV's before they went inside, also the shop. This was their 1st day back from FL/Universal.

I'll check back in when I get back from the vet. Sorry for not commenting on your posts...I will later.

This is at Gary's place when the police were there...both local and Georgia State Patrol. Also an article on FB about him. That's more I will share later.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/26/2023 11:26 am)

D e v o n n e

9/26/2023 1:34 pm  #24

Sandy is gone. I have cried so much...don't feel like typing much right now. 

D e v o n n e

9/26/2023 2:03 pm  #25

OH DEVONNE......I AM SO SORRY.  TEARS ARE FLOWING FROM MY EYES AS WELL.  WE LOVE OUR LITTLE FUR BABIES SO MUCH AND ITS HORRENDOUS WHEN THEY LEAVE US.  SO VERY, VERY SORRY.

HUGS AND MORE HUGS. QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/26/2023 2:06 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/26/2023 2:35 pm  #26

Devonne, I'm also heartbroken for you.    You are not alone in your grief. We're here for you.
Hugs and prayers,   Judy

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/26/2023 4:47 pm)

9/26/2023 2:38 pm  #27

DEVONNE I am so very  sorry, my tears are flowing too ((((hugs)))) we love them so much. I know how special she was in your life, THANK YOU for taking her so quickly, hard as it is. 😢😢

I’ll be back in a few hours. Just woke up.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/26/2023 3:54 pm  #28

Devonne, I’m so sorry. I saw your Facebook post, and I’m heartbroken for you.

9/26/2023 5:03 pm  #29

DEVONNE that was very smart of Gary, a very scary situation. ((((hugs)))) I am thinking of you, going to be  different in your house the others will miss her too ((((hugs)))) WE are here for you!

SANDRA just be a bit careful, you have lost quite a bit of weight, so bending down and up can make you dizzy. I love that storage idea!!  Keeping some of that weight off is good, and you know it makes moving a bit easier, it's why I keep going to training with the girls, they are getting fit, I am trying to stop the aches and pains, LOL - I do get aches and pains from training, but just not the same. It's making my joints so much easier.

INDY I think our grands grew up with us all I remember Andrew being so young as well, and yes, Dean is 3 years younger, both so tall now, It's hard being the short one, I will see if I can upload the photo Megan took of us with John when they came back from graduation. He drapes his arm across my shoulders now - with ease LOL

HOLLY David McCallum has always been a favourite of mine too, did you know he did a lot of forensic course, and learnt from medical examiners as well, he also worked in NCIS till he was 88, not a lot, but WOW 88!! I loved the  part he played, he said in an interview that Ilya was with him always, he never has been able to NOT be recognised as him!

JANET thanks for the offer, I don't need it, the book has all the patterns, and I possibly won't use it for more than numbers or letters. I was thinking about making small bags for some of our kids at training, just their initials on the bags. I can easily do those patterns. Julie might get the disc to work, I just think it's too old, the book is 2003 - yikes. 

I miss our people who don't visit as well, Cheryl & Carol and we miss you too DIANE , so good to see you and hear what has been happening in your lives.

The MOTH has gone for a walk, he will go to bowls later, going to be warm again today, but cools off at night, that won't happen later this week, going to have another 5 days of really really hot.

I just got a message form my sis, she is child free on Friday, so we are going to meet for lunch. I'll drive to the shopping centre closer to her, the other big one that is half way between us is way so big she got lost last time we were there LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/26/2023 5:04 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/26/2023 7:47 pm  #30

Good evening friends,

Sorry I have been away for so long.  I have been in a really bad funk. Just looked at this thread and saw I was missed.  I am still missing Kelli, can't believe it was four years since her death in August. 

I had two teeth pulled and now have a partial dental plate on my bottom teeth.  Hate it.  But I had such infection that the  dentist warned me about blood infection from it, so I opted to have them pulled.  I am worried that the wire on the partial will rub  and make my other teeth get a cavity.  Dentist said not likely, but still worry.  Sandra, I feel your pain!   My teeth came out really easy or at least it seemed so to me.I have to go back and read some of the past threads since I have not logged on for a while. I am happy to see you all are well.

Devonne, so sorry about Sandy.  ((HUGS)) It is so heart-wrenching to lose a fur baby.

I have been making lots and lots of quick scrap blankets for the local Humane Society.  I am not putting batting in the middle, so I call them blankets, but the tops and backs are pieced and mostly scrappy.    Did several with the Friendship Star pattern since it is so easy. Several with just string blocks and some crumb blocks.  Just nothing that took a lot of thought.  

All is well with my family.  Aaron and Katie just came back from a visit to Irving, California, to visit her parents.  Grandkids are all growing so quickly.  Abby will be getting her driver's license (permit) in December.  Gabriel is now 6'1" tall and he is only 14!  Amelia is 10 and is a little chubby and wears a size 14-16 kids clothes.  Andrew is now 12 and he is still a little guy.  He takes a lot of teasing because he is so small.  If I can figure out how to get a photo off my phone, I will post a picture of Abby at Homecoming.  

Speaking of Kelli, have any of you seen her daughter, Jessi, on Facebook?  She looks amazing.  She is keeping her massive weight loss off and exercises all the time.  Her name is now Jessi Townsend.  If you get a chance, look her up.

I will check in more often,  Thanks for caring.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/27/2023 11:01 pm)

9/27/2023 6:49 am  #31

Devonne- 💔 sorry to read about your loss. 🐶

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/27/2023 10:24 pm)

9/27/2023 7:45 am  #32

Good morning, my friends! Thank you all for showing your love. I've been up since 6:30 and y'all know, I'm not an early morning person. Life goes on with all the heartache it brings and so must we! I have lost animals before, but Sandy was really close to me. Gracie can sense my pain and she amazes me with how smart she is. Molly is the one who always wants to be near me, and that's the maltese in her. She wants to be sure she gets her treats, lol! 

Sandy had spondylosis. It's a degenerative disease of the spine. She had a major back surgery when she was only one year old, a slipped (or ruptured?) disc back in 2009. The vet and her staff were super nice and caring. She had recently lost a pekingese herself.

Last night I worked on an emb. horse design for a tee shirt for Sadie Grace. The design was too big and I had to use the largest hoop. It wouldn't fit, so I got the seam ripper and took the side seam out of the shirt. I have 3 more shirts to do and will find smaller designs if I have too! Two are for Caleb and two for Sadie Grace. I have one design of a little girl on a scooter. She pushes a scooter I got her last year.

Cheryl, I will check out Jessi's FB page after I submit this post. Gabriel is tall for his age. Does he play basketball? How's the custody thing going? It's good to hear from you! 

It was only 66 degrees here at 9 am! Only going to be 78 for the high. I am loving the cooler weather. My only maple tree in the front yard is already changing colors. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/27/2023 7:59 am)

D e v o n n e

9/27/2023 8:10 am  #33

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY IN MAINE.

IT WAS ON MY LIST AND I CONQUERED IT.....CLEANING THAT BOTTOM CABINET DOOR OF GRAVY.  WHILE AT THE TASK I CLEANED THE OTHER 6 LOWER CABINETS, INSIDE AND OUT.  THE DOORS ONLY, NOT THE CONTENTS.  OF THOSE 7, 3 ARE VERY NARROW LIKE THE ONE IN MY PHOTO SO NOT AS DIFFICULT AS IT SOUNDS, THO IT IS TO LI'L OLE ME.
I HAVE THE UPPER CABINET DOORS ON MY THINGS-TO-DO LIST NOW BUT WHETHER I GET TO THEM TODAY OR TOMORROW IS THE QUESTION.  
I HAVE BINGO TONITE.  IT WILL BE NICE TO GET BACK TO IT AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY, WIN AT LEAST A TINY BIT.
ON THE EATING FRONT, I DID WELL YESTERDAY AND ACTUALLY LOST A BIT WHEN I STEPPED ON THE SCALE BEFORE MY SHOWER.  I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD WEIGH IN EVERY MORNING OR ONLY 2X A WEEK.  DECISIONS, DECISIONS.
ON COOKING, I HAVE SOME GROUND BEEF DEFROSTED.  I AM UNSURE WHETHER TO MAKE A ONE-SKILLET MEAL OR HOMEMADE PIZZA WITH IT.  I WOULD LOVE EITHER.  THE 1-SKILLET MEAL I CAN SHARE WITH A FEW OTHERS HERE SO IT DOESN'T GO TO WASTE.  ACTUALLY I AM DROOLING FOR SOME MAC N CHEESE SO THAT'S ON MY LIST TOO.

CHERYL......ITS VERY NICE TO SEE YOU.  I, TOO, THINK OF OUR KELLI EVERY NOW AND THEN AND ITS SAD.  SHE WAS MUCH TOO YOUNG.
SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN IN A FUNK.  MAYBE SOME GREAT FALL WEATHER WILL PULL YOU OUT.  THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THE CHANGING COLORS OF FALL LEAVES TO MAKE ONE SMILE.
I DO NOT DO FACEBOOK SO WILL NOT SEE JESSI BUT GLAD TO HEAR SHE IS DOING WELL ON HER WEIGHT LOSS.  ITS HARD TO BE EATING LESS OR DIFFERENTLY THAN USUAL.
I HOPE YOU GET USED TO YOUR NEW PARTIAL.  LIKE ANYTHING ELSE, IT PROBABLY JUST TAKES A BIT MORE TIME.
WOW, THE KIDS ARE SURE GROWING.  ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE HEARD ABOUT THEM.  YOUTH SPROUTS MAGICALLY.

DEVONNE......I KNOW YOU ARE HURTING AND YOU WILL FOR AWHILE YET.  THERE WILL BE DAYS WHEN YOU RECALL THE GOOD TIMES TOGETHER AND THE TEARS WILL FLOW AGAIN.  I THINK WOMEN ESPECIALLY, SHOW THEIR EMOTIONS MORE EASILY EVEN THOUGH I BELIEVE WE ARE STRONGER IN THAT ALSO SINCE WE MOST OFTEN MOVE FORWARD WITH STRENGTH.
SORRY THE EMBROIDERY IS GIVING YOU PROBLEMS.  YOU ARE AMAZING IN WHAT YOU ARE ACCOMPLISHING LATELY.

TRISH.....GOOD FOR YOU GETTING OUT TO EAT WITH YOUR SISTER.  THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING. ENJOY YOUR DAY FRIDAY, WHICH IS ACTUALLY OUR THURSDAY.

I SHOULD RECIEVE MY NEW CABLE REMOTE TODAY.  IT WILL BE NICE NOT HAVING TO PRESS THAT BUTTON SO DARN HARD.  I WAS ENVISIONING CALLOUSES ON MY FINGER TIPS.  LOL

HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/27/2023 8:34 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/27/2023 9:23 am  #34

Good Morning to everyone and thank you for posting larger print, it makes it so much easier to read and I really appreciate it!!!!  It is very still outside down low but up high it is really blowing, rained overnight and is only 57* this morning, but will surely warm up later.  Wow, it has really started blowing down low, too.  Hard to say what the day will bring.

I'm definitely moving more slowly today than before, guess I'm really getting old!!!  No big surprise there.  Have no plans for the day, so will just play around on my computer this morning for awhile.  Nothing more to say, so will just sign off.  Have a wonderful day you all and take care, BJ.

9/27/2023 11:47 am  #35

We had lunch with the teachers, which today was us and one other couple. It’s always a pleasant time.

Steph is in Indianapolis for work, with the FEMA people. Last night they were going to an old expensive steak house called St Elmo’s. She said the average steak is $55! They are in a nice hotel in the city. 

It’s sunny but only in the 60’s here. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/27/2023 10:23 pm)

9/27/2023 11:48 am  #36

Sorry, can’t get my post to get bigger.

9/27/2023 10:22 pm  #37

Sandra, thank you. It was so different last night when she wasn't here to wake me up to go outside. Sometimes Molly will bark and it's always water she wants. I always get up for her, as I know what it's like to want water at night. Molly and Gracie sleep in their dog crates, but Sandy slept on a doggie bed in my bedroom. When she started getting worse, she lay on the carpet in the living room.

The fugitive is still on the loose. What I wanted to say earlier, he knows Gary's property like the back of his hand. The property was E's late brother's land. This man was his friend and frequently hung out there. 

Greg has Covid. He has had a fever. I decided to place a pickup order at Walmart for tomorrow. I am too tired to shop myself.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/27/2023 10:42 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/27/2023 10:55 pm  #38

CHERYL it's so good to hear from you! I understand about being in a funk, I was like that for quite a while after Dianne's death, it affected me badly. It is so hard to lose your best friend, the memories do gt easier and happier. I am also glad to hear about Jessi, the weigh she was carrying was a lot, is the youngest still heavy, he worried me, he was so red faced, with big weight that concerned me always when I saw him in a pic, so young. Those kids are growing like weeds toylike mine, seems like each generation gets taller, they better do something about doorways, plane seats and cars soon LOL

DEVONNE that is scary, it may be quite a while till they get this guy then, we had a case like that, the guy hid out for 3 months, he kept raiding properties nearby for food, also hunted. It's going to get colder there at night soon, so hope they get him. I hope Greg gets over covid quickly, seems the flu is worse than covid here now, it's vicious!
Keeping you in my thoughts, she will be in your mind for many days yet, each day will get easier, especially with the others to care for.

SANDRA good for you, I really do have to clean my cupboards - again, they are so old it gets dirt really quickly, and cleaning them is harder each time, I think I should start making noises about a new kitchen, actually I really only need new cupboard "outsides" and the appliances are good, except I'd like a new oven and cook top. I think we'll have breakfast for dinner, waffles, bacon and egg!

HOLLY your post will get changed to a bigger size if I see it LOL That is quite expensive I guess, around the normal for us, but everything costs more here, BUT  our wages (and housing costs ) are also higher, so it all works out the same, John gets over $20 an hour for filling shelves at the supermarket ! I remember getting not much more than that for a week when I started work. How times have changed in 60 yrs LOL

BJ what do you think is wrong with your legs, are they stiff?? sore? or just not moving like you would like. Make sure you tell the girls. I will always change to posts to bigger/bolder when I get on, some devices don't like being changed, so it's easy for me when I can use the computer.

Looking forward to meeting with my sis tomorrow, we try to get together as often we can, but usually it's at her house and she has Bridie, so we work around Bridie's naps. We'll shop a little, have coffee and something to eat and talk - a lot LOL

I had training this morning, it was hard today, and I didn't do well, I had trouble doing most things. Oh well, at least I got there!
I am sewing this quilt top together, I have no idea what I did wrong, I marked the rows, and pinned the setting triangles, but somehow I ended up with it going sideways, at least it's a square quilt so it won't matter, I followed the picture carefully to place the blocks - or so I thought. Half is sewn together and it looks like it will be OK, I am laying the next lot out to see if it works.

edited to add, this is my hard week, this is the anniversary of me packing up Dianne for her week away with her family that only lasted one day before we took her into hospital to die, my memories are not good at this time, each year gets easier, sometimes it feels like last year, but it IS 7 years ago. My gosh - how much more fun we could have had together. I still miss her terribly.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/27/2023 10:58 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/28/2023 4:39 am  #39

I went to lunch with my friend.  We generally go once a week, even during most of Covid.  We go to the same place but yesterday we tried a new place.  Next week we’ll be back to our regular place.
   Off to the gym and my breakfast club….every Thursday.

9/28/2023 5:55 am  #40

Hello, friends!  Sorry I haven’t checked in for a while.  Weekend before last, Ross drove me to Michigan to Lynn’s and she and I have been enjoying our time together. I have gone with her to medical appointments on 5 different days and she has appointments today and tomorrow. The chemo is doing its job well so that is great. But it is also causing some problems. She has some minor nausea and bad taste, especially on the second and third days after weekly treatments. Her blood counts have been low so she gets injections of something to help that on two days after treatment. And last week she needed a blood transfusion, which really helped her energy level. The first week I was here, she worked three half days but isn’t working any this week. We have managed to have some normal activities like meeting a friend for lunch and doing some shopping. All in all, it has been a good visit. Ross will be coming to get me this weekend.

Board footera