OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/03/2023 12:15 am  #1

ODT SEPT 24 ~ SAT SEPT 30

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/03/2023 12:15 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/24/2023 4:11 am  #2

Re: ODT SEPT 24 ~ SAT SEPT 30

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA enjoy your special day!

Gosh, didn't realise we were up to the last week of threads  - better get some more done!

SANDRA I am so glad your mouth is much better, it will take a couple weeks for the jaw to be pain free I suspect, so be careful, I love that you can eat something you like for a change!

BJ hope you are feeling better, how are the legs, did you get to the Drs?

DEVONNE taking it slow, you have plenty of time, I am sorry Carter is sick again, seems like it will be like this for some time yet, but as time goes on the virus seems to be getting less troublesome.

JANET I have an office chair, I agree with Devonne, one with the arms that lift up, I have a high back, and it's really comfy, you would need to see how wide the space is for your chair, and see oe it feels!

HOLLY how is your brother? Is he any better? , good you have someone to call on, seems like I am the 'go to' one here, I have so many friends in my training group their hubbys are plumbers, carpenters, and tilers LOL . Comes in handy sometimes LOL

INDY I forgot to answer you, John is 17, he'll be 18 on Dec 23. Here they are able to drink alcohol at 18 and vote, Think it's 21 in the US?? It used to be 21 (for drinking) in our northern state Queensland, but they changed it to be in line with everyone else, seems silly to be treated as an adult and vote and not be treated for drinking.

I had a crazy day yesterday, I had to scan documents to the travel agent doing our trip next year, do you think I could figure it out, finally got it right, sent the forms in, then had to do it all again, I forgot to add the extra charge for using a credit card. Honestly, took me a few hours to get all all done.

Today I have been palying with some blocks I made, I THINK I have put the rows together incorrectly - darn it! I will see tomorrow, It's set on point and I always have trouble with them. I add the sewing triangles wrong - lots of unpicking tomorrow I think.

I got a book from our LQS, they had someone bring in lots of fabric and books from a deceased estate, I got a lovely Carol Doaks book, has a DVD with it, finally decided to try to use it tonight, that is another wasted hour, I couldn't get the disc to load, THEN I couldn't get it to eject, tried a few times, and looks like the disc is not usable, shame as all the patterns were on it, I'll give it to Julie see if it works on her laptop.

We had a lovely baked dinner, lots of leftovers, so I have it all packed away and the dishwasher is running.

Cool today, and lovely, coldish tonight, so I am looking forward to having a quilt over me.

See you tomorrow!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/24/2023 4:17 am  #3

Bumping!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/24/2023 4:49 am  #4

Trish- I have a Carol Dock book with a disc I’ve never used. Which book did you get? If it’s the same I will send it to you.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/26/2023 4:46 pm)

9/24/2023 6:42 am  #5

TRISH........YOU ARE RIGHT, THE GUM HURTS NOW AND THEN THRU THE DAY BUT NOT MUCH.  IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME TO SLEEP WELL.  IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING LESS PAINFUL.  I KNOW HE PULLED AND PULLED TRYING TO GET THE 2ND ROOT EXTRACTED.  IT TOOK HIM QUITE A FEW MINUTES.  HE WOULD REST A BIT AND TRY AGAIN.  I WAS AT THE 'UNIV OF NEW ENGLAND ORAL HEALTH CENTER' WHERE THEY TRAIN NEW DENTISTS WITH A REGULAR DENTIST OVERSEEING.  AFTER READING MY XRAYS SHE TOLD HIM WHAT HE SHOULD DO AND THEN LEFT US TO HIS MINISTRATIONS WITH ANOTHER STUDENT WATCHING.  I WOULDN'T HAVE GONE THERE IF MY OWN DENTIST WAS AVAILABLE BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.  BUT HE WAS SOOO NICE AND CUTE, TOO.  IF ONLY I WERE 60 YEARS YOUNGER.

ITS GOING TO BE CLOUDY ALL DAY TODAY.  EXCEPT FOR TAKING OUT SOME TRASH AGAIN TODAY, I WON'T BE GOING OUT.  OH, YES, I WILL SIT ON THE BENCH OUTSIDE TO BRING DOWN MY SHOPPING CART AND AWAIT MY SON'S ARRIVAL TO GIVE HIM MY MONEY FOR THE SHOPPING AND ANY LAST MINUTE INSTRUCTIONS.  THEN ITS THE USUAL ROUTINE FOR ME.
EXERCISES:  WALK MY LAPS, LEG LIFTS, ARM LIFTS WITH WEIGHTS, WRISTS EXERCISE, AND FEET EXERCISES.  I KEEP THEM WRITTEN DOWN IN MY JOURNAL SO I CAN KEEP TRACK AND BE SURE I DO THEM DAILY.
I STEPPED ON THE SCALE JUST BEFORE STEPPING INTO THE SHOWER THIS MORNING AND I AM DOWN 21 LBS.  BETTER THAN I HOPED.  I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT AROUND THERE.  I FEEL BETTER AND A BIT LIGHTER AND ABLE TO GET AROUND EASIER.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE 20 LBS MAKES.

HERE IS THE PROJECT I WILL DO NEXT FOR HALLOWEEN SO I NEED TO GET STARTED.  

I TRACED MY SKETCH ONTO PACKING PAPER WHICH WORKS WELL FOR REPLIQUE AND IT ALLOWS ME TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL SKETCH IN CASE I WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER.

I ALSO GOT THIS BABY DRAGON READY FOR MAYBE A WINTER OR XMAS SCENE.  I LOVE BABY DRAGONS.

HOW THIS WILL WORK INTO A SCENE I HAVE NOT YET DECIDED BUT I NEED TO GET HALLOWEEN OUT OF THE WAY FIRST.
SO I WILL BE BUSY TODAY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 
PS.  I UPDATED MY BLOG WITH THIS SAME INFO AND PIX.

Last edited by quiltbea (9/24/2023 7:17 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/24/2023 9:16 am  #6

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you all have a wonderful day planned.  Believe it rained a bit overnight, everything is so wet this morning, but the sun is shining the tiniest bit and it is 54*.  The tree across the street is moving a bit, but everything down low is very still.  Have no plans for the day but Tracy will be headed home later today as she has to be to work tomorrow.

Quiltbea, glad the gum is not hurting too badly and you've lost some weight, congratulations, that is very nice.  I'd love to lose a few pounds but eat so little and just can't move like I used to, so I guess I'm stuck with the few extra pounds I'm carrying.

Well, I do believe I have nothing more to say, so will say goodbye and wish you all well, have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

9/24/2023 12:36 pm  #7

Trish, the voting age is 18 and the drinking age is 21 in the US. They lowered both the year I turned 21, but the car accident deaths went up so much that they returned the drinking age to 21. 

It’s going back and forth from drizzle to teeming today, a cold rain. 

9/24/2023 2:54 pm  #8

When I was young, the drinking age in NJ was 21. The drinking age in NY was 18. We lived in Jersey about 9 miles from the state line. So we spent a fair amount of time in NY, lol. Getting served in NY was easy but getting across the state line became an issue when NJ decided to crack down on that. We knew all the back roads and the police only watched the main roads. I believe I told you all the story about why I stopped drinking. I haven’t had any alcohol since that night.
It’s been a gloomy day. My quilt studio is a mess and I’m determined to get it organized before I sew again… 😵‍💫. I keep finding things and get distracted…in the middle of sorting I put a binding on quilt. 🫢.
Now it’s time to start dinner. Like Scarlet said, tomorrow is another day. 🙂

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/24/2023 8:10 pm)

9/24/2023 4:22 pm  #9

Sandra, I'm glad I helped get your mojo back. I love the kitten in the pumpkin. I have a Fall project I hope to start on later in the week.

I've moved a lot of stuff back in my sewing room, but still a lot to do! I still don't know what to do with all the emb. thread. Why does Molly and Gracie like to lay on extension cords? They love to be in the sewing room with me and it's the first place they go. Sandy seldom comes in here. 

I need to go fix dinner...it's 6:15. I always try to eat before 7:00. The only problem is I don't know what I want, lol.

D e v o n n e

9/24/2023 8:23 pm  #10

JANET similar to you, my friends and I went to Queensland (21 drinking age) at 18, we all figured out what year to tell the guy at the door, he knew we weren't but they let us in anyway LOL We were all old enough to drink at home.

HOLLY I could never figure out why make voting younger if you aren't responsible enough to drink - just my thoughts, I think 18 is too young here, when it's race day you should see the girls, they look wonderful arriving and can barely walk leaving, mascara running, stumbling - not pretty LOL

SANDRA they are really cute, I love the little dinosaur, he will be cute, good to have some mojo back!  WOW 21lb is a lot to loose, hope you can keep it off if you want to. Hope the shopping is good and you get everything on your list.

DEVONNE What about some trays from the hardware store, you could store them in those. I found some great bait/tackle things could be used to store thread. You can get bobbin case storage (round donut things) for bobbins. I think if you have an open shelf it would drive you nuts keeping it dust free. Even found some storage things in the supermarket, one I use for my Dear Jane scraps, I use so many small pieces I keep the ones large enough to use again - great when you do a lot of paper piecing, check out storage in Ikea, they have some great things.

Can't believe his luck, we put our passport forms in last Monday, his just got delivered (not even noon on Monday) , still no word on mine, went in the same envelope. Julie said the same happened to her, hers was there in a couple weeks, hubby took almost 3 months. 

It's going to be warm today, just finished cleaning bathrooms, had my bloodwork done, and need to get ready for yoga!

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/24/2023 8:24 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/25/2023 4:22 am  #11

Trish- here too.  DH’s passport came in two weeks, mine wasn’t even in the system in two weeks.  Finally came in about 10 weeks?

9/25/2023 9:29 am  #12

Good Morning, well, I had a surprise last night, Larissa came with her puppy to spend a couple of days.  A lovely surprise!!  My legs aren't working very well today, very weak, but I'll survive.  

I really need to get moving and visit w/Larissa and go say Good Morning to Frank.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

9/25/2023 11:08 am  #13

Can't believe I'm posting before midnight, lol! 

Sandra, it certainly happens! Both my Brother and my Kenmore Elite have a picture on the machine that shows which way the thread goes. I certainly have used it more than once! I'm glad you caught your mistake before you finished it. In going thru all this stuff, I came across some instructions from you and I had written on it "Quiltbea's Way of McTavishing." It said HGTV forum at the top.

I got a bright idea last night about what to do with my emb. thread. I have a heavy duty Husky table for my machine and monitor. It has two very long drawers. Now I have a place to store my thread and all my prewound bobbins...dust free & out of the sun. Everything is right in front of me....spool caps, needles, etc.

I got an idea on how to keep my table top from having so much emb. thread everywhere! I brought a long tray in from the living room. I'll pull all the thread colors for a design and put it in this tray. One lady said on YT if the same thread is repeated, to put something there as a spacer. After clearing off the table, I had room for a fake plant, lol! I have room behind my keyboard now to put the tray there.

Today I'm working on organizing the stabilizer. I bought an over the door organizer, so hope it works out. There's so many different kinds of stabilizers. The water soluble is easy to recognize, but not the cut away and the tear away. There's also No Show Mesh which I want to get and try.

I have laundry going, already took the trash out. Had a full bag of stuff from the sewing room! The only thing I need to bring back in from the bedroom is my Kenmore sewing machine. I am totally exhausted, so I'm off to put the laundry in the dryer & rest for awhile.

Question: Is it safe to leave your iron plugged in all the time if it's an Auto Off??

Last edited by DownSouth (9/25/2023 11:23 am)

D e v o n n e

9/25/2023 2:26 pm  #14

NOTE:  I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE EMOTICONS THINGY CAME FROM AND I CANNOT EDIT IT OUT SO INSTEAD I COPIED AND PASTED A NEW POST TO REPLACE THE ONE ABOVE MINUS THE EMOTICON THINGY. ITS ALL THE SAME FOLKS.
LOVELY SUNNY DAY HERE TODAY BUT ONLY 60S TODAY.  LOVE IT.
THIS IS SOMETHING I WOULD NOT ADMIT TO MY KIDS SINCE THEY MIGHT THINK I AM GETTING SENILE, BUT YOU MY FRIENDS CAN UNDERSTAND........
I FORGOT HOW TO THEAD MY BOBBIN.  YUP, IT WENT RIGHT OUT OF MY HEAD ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I USED MY MACHINE.  I GOT IT WRONG ON THE FIRST TRY, SO I HAD TO LOOK IT UP IN MY INSTRUCTION BOOK.
THEN EVEN WORSE,  I HAD 8 SMALL BITS OF FABRIC SEWN ONTO MY PATTERN PAPER WHEN I REALIZED I DID NOT HAVE A BACKGROUND FABRIC ATTACHED YET.  YIKES.  THAT MEANS I HAVE TO REDRAW MY PATTERN AND START AGAIN.
=21pxBUT MAYBE NOT TODAY.  MY HEAD IS A LITTLE OFF-KILTER THIS MORNING.  ITS ONE OF MY IFFY DAYS.
HAPPILY I WAS ABLE TO GET THRU 20 MINS. OF SIT AND BE FIT, PLUS MY HAND EXCERCISES AND MY WEIGHTS FOR MY ARM EXERCISES.  NO LAPS YET.  DON'T FEEL, SAFE ENOUGH. CAN DO MY LEGS AND FEET EXERCISES WHILE I WATCH TV LATER.
MY SON SHOPPED YESTERDAY AND GOT EVERYTHING I WANTED.  I DID NOT NEED ANY MEATS AT ALL SINCE MY FREEZER IS STILL FULL.  I PULLED SOME NY SIRLOIN TO COOK FOR MY SUPPER TONITE.  THAT WITH BUTTER GRAVY AND A SINGLE SLICE OF WHITE BREAD WITHOUT CRUSTS FOR DIPPING SHOULD BE PLENTY.  ITS ON MY NEW EATING PLAN.
HE WILL TAKE MY PHONE IN FOR ME NEXT WEEK.  HE HAS SOME INSURANCE ON THE PHONES SO IT MAY BE REPLACED WITH LITTLE OR NO COST.  I AM GOINGTO PAY FOR IT.  WE SHALL SEE.  IN THE MEANTIME ITS WORKING JUST FINE SCOTCH-TAPED.
I ALSO NEED TO DO SOME LAUNDRY TODAY.  I WILL CHECK FOR FREE MACHINES WHEN I GO DOWN FOR MY MAIL.
THAT'S IT FROM MY END.  HANG IN THERE EVERYONE.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (9/25/2023 2:30 pm)

9/25/2023 2:32 pm  #15

DEVONNE.......I LIKE YOUR DRAWERS.  SEEMS LIKE IT FITS RIGHT IN.
AS FOR THE IRON, I KEEP MINE PLUGGED IN ALL THE TIME BUT ITS PLUGGED INTO AN OUTLET WHICH I CAN TURN OFF WHEN I'M THRU SO I JUST TURN IT OFF AT THE OUTLET.

Last edited by quiltbea (9/25/2023 2:32 pm)

9/25/2023 4:08 pm  #16

Yay Union! The Hollywood screen writes have a tentative settlement, so maybe we’ll get some decent TV this year! 

Another rainy and cloudy day here. 

9/25/2023 6:57 pm  #17

I am beyond exhausted. I am happy with the way I could "hide" my stabilizer in the closet. It's actually a hanging organizer for large bags. All I like being finished is to dust, vacuum and shampoo. Even with all this work, a sewing room still looks messy, lol. 

Season 5 of Virgin River was the best season I have seen...lots going on! Not back again until November.

I've had Cheryl on my mind today. I wish she would check in with us.

There was a manhunt near Gary's property today. The GSP told him this guy was armed and dangerous and they have called in helicopters. This started around 4:30. Don't know if they caught him yet.

It's very unusual for me, but I'm headed to bed at 9 pm! Not sure if I will go to sleep, but I'll be resting at least.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/25/2023 6:59 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/25/2023 11:15 pm  #18

I've been MIA so much that it's likely not very noticeable,🤪😄 but I thought I better check in since I was missing (again) to bump the tread that Trish so graciously supplied! 🤗🤗

As usual, we've been busy, I've been busy, and DH has had a lot of leave (vacation time) off work.

I've been busy writing product reviews in my spare time, and getting ready for fall and winter. With the new siding, new roof & gutters, and new front porch, we feel pretty ready. Plus, it has turned a bit chilly already so we've tested the new furnace. 👍🏻 We've needed the AC later in the day on occasion, and I'm happy that both work beautifully.

Speaking of the furnace, we got a rebate/gift card from Costco for going with one of their contracted vendors, so we opted to buy new flooring for downstairs, which includes the laundry room. It was on sale last week, so we went ahead and purchased it (using the gift card), giving us another project for the fall and winter. DH has both the ablation and wrist surgery coming up, so we'll work around that. 👍🏻

Retirement is getting closer, and we can't wait!💃🏼

Mom is doing well and had houseguests over the weekend, so we will go next weekend.

DH called from work and I've lost my train of thought, 🤪 so I'll simply wish you all a great night and a wonderful week!

I better go finish up for the night. I hope to get to bed and kick this tiny bit of a cold to the curb! 👍🏻 I'm rarely sick, thank God, so I doubt it progresses beyond an annoyance. 😉

PS - Devonne, yikes! I hope all is well with those who are innocent of any wrongdoing! 🙏🏻

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/26/2023 4:47 pm)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/26/2023 9:15 am  #19

I just saw that David McCallum died at 90! When I was in junior high, I had a mad crush on his character Ilya on Man From Uncle. I loved him as Ducky on NCIS also. 

Devonne, hope they got the bad guy! There was an escaped convict running around PA for 2 weeks before they got him with a K9. 

9/26/2023 9:32 am  #20

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY OUTSIDE.  GOOD OLE MAINE.

DEVONNE.....I LIKE YOUR THINKING.  SMART WAY TO STORE THOSE THINGS.
LIKE YOU I TRY TO FIND EASIER WAYS TO GET THRU LIFE.  I HAVE A SIMILAR OPTION.  I FIND THOSE HANGING BAGS VERY USEFUL.
ON A CLOSET DOOR I HAVE A SHOEBAG FOR EXTRA PAPER PRODUCTS LIKE PARCHMENT, ALUM. FOIL, WAX PAPER, AND EVEN BAGGIES. 

THESE ARE MY SPARES.
IN MY KITCHEN I HAVE A NARROW CABINET BESIDE MY SINK JUST PERFECT FOR MY CURRENT ONES.

I USE AN EMPTY CARDBOARD CARTON THAT I CAN SLIDE IN AND OUT OF THE CABINET FOR EASY REACH. 
PLEASE IGNORE THE DRIBBLES DOWN THE INSIDES.  I SPILLED SOME GRAVY I WAS TRYING TO TOSS OUT AND HAVE NOT CLEANED IT OFF YET IN THIS PHOTO.  IT MEANT BENDING AND YESTERDAY I WAS NOT IN SHAPE TO BEND SINCE I HAVE A HARD TIME BENDING DOWN TO DO STUFF.  ONE OF MY CHALLENGES.  ITS ON MY CLEANING LIST TODAY.  MR CLEAN HERE I COME.

I DID MY LAPS THIS MORNING.  STEPPED ON THE SCALE EARLY AND GAINED A BIT.  WILL REDUCE INFLOW TODAY.  I HAD SOME ICE CREAM AND SOME CHEDDAR CHEESE AND SODA LAST NITE.  OH, AND 2 MEATBALLS AT SUPPER INSTEAD OF 1 SINCE I ONLY HAD 2 LEFT AND NO MORE SPAGHETTI AFTER LAST NITE.  WASTE NOT WANT NOT.  I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO CUT BACK A BIT TODAY.  LUNCH WILL BE A HALF TUNA SALAD SANDWICH.

I PHONED SPECTRUM AND ORDERED A NEW REMOTE.  MY FAST FORWARD BUTTON WAS GETTING LAZY.  I HAD TO REALLY PRESS DOWN HARD TO MAKE IT WORK.  THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE A BUTTON TOO MUCH.  I HAD TO DO FLIPS TO GET THE RIGHT DEPT.  BUT ANYWAY, ITS ON ITS WAY.
I ALSO PHONED OUR APT. OFFICES TO ASK ABOUT FLU SHOTS THIS YEAR.  SHE TOLD ME SHE IS WORKING ON IT.  SHE HAD A GREAT RESPONSE WITH ALL THEIR APT BUILDINGS LAST YEAR.  I WILL NOT MAKE AN APPT AT MY PHARMACY TIL I LEARN THE NEWS FROM THE OFFICE.  IT MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER FOR ME WHO DOES NOT DRIVE AND OTHERS HERE.

DIANE.....ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING.  I LIKE HEARING FROM YOU.  GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE HOME IMPROVEMENTS AND NOW MORE NEW FLOORING.  GO FOR IT GIRL.

I HAVE TO GET TO MY SIT/FIT ROUTINE SO WILL SAY BYE FOR TODAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/26/2023 9:56 am)

Board footera