OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/04/2023 8:14 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 2 ~ SAT JULY 8

Trish- it’s still in the box! I plan to watch a few videos first. The dealers intro to use was awful. He is a weird guy.
Holly- I know a few people with alpha. I had Lyme a while back. Caught very early and took an antibiotic for 30 days and that was that. I do not get tested for Lyme because once you have it you will always test positive, even if you’re not. And as you know, there is no immunity to Lyme.
The gym was crowded this morning….vacationers I guess. Most summers I usually go to my other gym which does not allow “walk-in” or day passes.
It is already in the mid 80’s and very humid and it’s only 10 am. We have been using the pool.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/05/2023 11:59 pm)

7/04/2023 9:22 am  #22

WE GOT 2 1/2 INCHES OF RAIN THE LAST 3 DAYS.  PLENTY FOR MY GARDEN.  I HAD TO WEED IT A BIT.  GRASSES POPPING UP WHERE THE RADISHES WERE GROWING.  SHOOK MY TOMATO AND PEPPER  BRANCHES TO HELP POLLINATE.  MY NEIGHBOR WITH THE GARDEN BESIDE MINE, TONY, SAID HE SAW A DEER CHECKING OUT OUR GARDENS LAST NITE.  MUST HAVE GOT A STRONG WHIFF OF THE IRISH SPRING SOAPS AND BOUNDED AWAY INSTEAD OF EATING OUR TOMATO PLANTS.  GLAD TO HEAR THAT. 

TRISH........WHAT A SMART IDEA YOU HAVE IN KEEPING THE EDGE PIECES OF JIGSAWS IN A SEPARATE BAGGY SO ITS EASIER THE NEXT TIME AROUND.  I WILL TRY THAT NEXT.
IT SOUNDS LIKE A WAITING GAME ON W'S SISTER.  ITS FUNNY HOW SOMETIMES ONE KEEPS ON HANGING ON AND ON THRU SO MUCH.

DEVONNE......SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS ABOUT SANDY.  AS LONG AS THE PAIN MEDS MAKE HER LIFE EASIER AND SHE'S NOT SUFFERING, I GUESS THAT'S THE WAY TO GO.  ITS REALLY TOUGH TO MAKE THAT FINAL DECISION.  HUGS FOR YOU AND THE PUPS.

THE SUN IS OUT AND SHOULD BE FOR A COUPLE DAYS NOW.  MAYBE RAIN BACK ON SAT.  JUST IN TIME FOR MY SON'S RETURN FROM FLORIDA.  HE'S REALLY ENJOYING HIS STAY THERE PER USUAL.

GINA IS ON THE MEND.  NO OTHER NEWS TO REPORT. HAVE A GREAT FOURTH OF JULY LADIES.  ENJOY IT.  EAT WELL. IF YOU LIKE FIREWORKS, ENJOY THOSE AS WELL.  HUGDS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (7/04/2023 9:29 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/04/2023 9:32 am  #23

Good Morning, it is a beautiful day here, sun is shining and not a leaf is stirring.   I'm sure it will be a hot one, but it's only 60 right now at 8:25am.  I don't have any great plans for the day, Sharon is coming to do some housework for me.  She's a Peach!  Don't know what I'd do without her.  Hopefully never find out!

Rhonda will be here after work today, yesterday she watered everything.  Good thing!  We have so many baskets of flowers outside that it takes her awhile, but she sure stays on top of it.  They are so beautiful.  I sure don't have much to say today so will just sign off, wishing everyone a great day, hope you in the South don't have too much heat.  Think we should for a few days.  But we'll survive!  Signing off, wishing you all well, BJ.

7/04/2023 9:32 am  #24

7/04/2023 10:48 am  #25

Cute!  QB.  Thanks and for all the holiday specialties you send our way. 
I've spent close to 2 hours sitting out on the front porch.  Reading more of the Shell Seekers.  Very good book.  Not current but if you like a great story set in England, I highly recommend it.  Makes me more contemplative.  Was entertained by a wren for a bit.  We're loaded with them this summer. Loud and joyous!  
Howard's not feeling well.  Bad allergies.  He mowed yesterday and stirred them up, I guess.  I tried to get him to come out, but he didn't want to.  To each his own.  We're home alone for the day.  Happy enough with that.  We'll have taco salads for supper and I will make an easy refrigerator pie with a prepared short bread crust, vanilla pudding and canned peach pie filling on top.  I plan to stir a bit of sour cream into the pudding for some tang.  Hope that works...

On Sunday, we had a nice lunch out after church.  Sophie's Pancake House.    I had West Coast Crepes.  
Two crepes filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, diced tomatoes and diced avocado with Hollandaise sauce on top of the crepes.  It was delicious.   Eighteen of us "seniors" went.  Too many for us all to sit together.

Carol, your activities and accomplishments always intrigue me.  Actually spur me on  a bit.  You've had an interesting life--still do!  Must be a relief to not have a daily fire to put out with the homeowner's assn. role you filled for so long.  

Holly sounds like you had a nice early 4th with Ed, Heather, et al.  That always  leaves one with good feelings.

Trish, lots going on with you and yours.  So sorry about W's sister and all that.   It's usually his handicapped sister that has the issues to worry about.  Sorry, too, the mammo was so painful.  So...Australia doesn't celebrate our Independence Day, huh? Well,  I do declare...
Guess I'll go and fix that pie.  Just had a call from ML who's coming over for a  bit this afternoon.  (so we won't be alone all day.)   She's finally feeling more like herself...    Have a lovely day.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/04/2023 10:53 am)

7/04/2023 5:47 pm  #26

D e v o n n e

7/05/2023 4:57 am  #27

Judy- we were home alone for the holiday too.  But then, we’re always home alone….

7/05/2023 6:09 am  #28

There was a different noise before 6 a.m., so Ralph was up and down trying to figure it out. I got up at 6:30, there was no sleeping. He thought it was the AC, and left a message with the company. Then he decided it was the attic fan turning off and on too much, so when they HVAC company called back he told them that- turns out they can install a new one for us this morning! Same company that did our AC, and heater. 

Our town chat on Facebook was half the people complaining about the fireworks, and the other half complaining about the complainers. Trump Golf Course which calls itself Philly but is in Pine Hill, does a big fireworks display every July 4, and it went on for an hour, from 9-10. I hate fireworks because they upset Ralph and the animals. 

We were also alone yesterday, which was fine. I crocheted a lot. I’ve been watching Law and Order SVU on Hulu while I crochet. 

7/05/2023 8:30 am  #29

I AM ANOTHER WHO WAS ALONE FOR THE FOURTH.  HEARD THE FIREWORKS IN THE DISTANCE BUT NOT LOUDLY.  DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING.  DID MY USUAL THRU THE WHOLE DAY.
WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER SUNNY DAY THOUGH YESTERDAY AFTERNOON IT RAINED AGAIN FOR ABOUT AN HOUR.  TODAY EXPECTING SUNHINE AND HITTING 80 DEGREES.  A NICE DAY TO STAY INSIDE.
I WROTE OUT CHECKS AND GOT THOSE MAILED JUST AS THE MAILMAN ARRIVED.
WILL BAKE A PORK CHOP TODAY TO GO WITH MY LEFTOVER MASHED TATERS.  THEY CAME OUT SO SMOOTH YESTERDAY, BUT THEN THEY ARE ALWAYS SMOOTH.  NO LUMPS NOR GUMMY TATERS FOR ME.  I HAVE MY MASHING METHOD PERFECTED.  THEY WERE MMMM GOOD WITH MY LEFTOVER CHICKEN.
I GOT THE VACUUMING DONE, DID A FEW CROSSWORD PUZZLES, AND CALLED FOR AN APPOINTMENT THIS WEEK FOR MY RECERTIFICATION HERE.  THAT MEANS MY RENT WILL GO UP WHEN MY LEASE RENEWS IN NOV.  ITS EXPECTED.
BINGO TONITE.  ITS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO, AS USUAL.  OTHER THAN THAT, MY NORMAL DAY.
HUGS TO ALL.  QB S.

Last edited by quiltbea (7/05/2023 8:34 am)

7/05/2023 9:57 am  #30

We're back in the saddle again today which mean doing whatever we wish.  For me, it's the kitchen, it's always the kitchen. 
Had a nice visit with ML here, yesterday.  I wasn't expecting her to come over.  Actually, we'd decided we wouldn't try to fix a meal to eat together.   She brought the souvenirs she got me.  One was a beautiful  kitchen towel with the flowers of Scotland on it.  I have two angled cabinet doors that face the dining area on which I always hang two decorative kitchen towels. I also got  some pure cashmere socks, color, periwinkle.  She was lamenting that the socks have to be hand washed.  For cashmere, I can do that.   She brought Howard a large chocolate bar that says Scotland on the wrapper.   They were so on the go that they didn't do much souvenir shopping.  Andrew got himself a pr. of linen trousers.  Bill?  Nothing, as usual!    We watched the program I'd recorded on Curious Edinburgh and I got her 1st person perspective on it.   

Our two  nearby subdivision neighborhoods are quite prolific in their firework displays, which, by the way, we can't see due to the tall trees in the woods, but we can surely hear them.  However, the last few years, they've quit before midnight and all is still.  So, we don't mind them and Fancy can no longer hear them so she's content and quiet.

Holly, glad Ralph found the source of the odd noise and that you'll get it fixed post haste.  Who could sleep anyway with a man dashing around troubleshooting?  

Our backyard neighbor has six acres and he keeps it looking like a park.  There's no fence or other line of demarcation and...our  own backyard looks like Howard cut the hay and it needs to be baled!  Oh well, par for the course!  Then, there's always Tom and Shena's which looks like an overgrown junk yard.  Do I care?  NO  I can close the blinds on their side and look at the "park".

QB, your food diary reminded me I need to figure out supper, now.  Not at 4 o-clock when I'm under the g u n.  Therefore, off I go...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/05/2023 10:03 am)

7/05/2023 10:07 am  #31

Good Morning!   Going to be a hot one today, it's already 68* and only 8:55 am.  Sun is out and completely still outside.  My nurse is coming today, so will go through the minor workout.  Coffee tastes good this morning, great way to start the day!

Don't have any plans for the day, Kendra is here and in the shower, will head home today.  She left last night and went to LaConner to watch the fireworks with Rhonda, said they were lovely.  Got home around 11, I was out and didn't hear a thing!!

I have no plans for the day, will just be a lazy bum, as usual.  Well, Kendra just got up and showered and is here to visit, so I guess I'd better got off here and visit with her.  Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th, wishing you all well, BJ.

7/05/2023 10:53 am  #32

I had a wonderful 4th. Greg asked if he could bring all his fireworks here. My little fur babies hate them, but I couldn't tell him no. By 10:30, we were finished. We grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs. The first hotdogs I made were tough and rubbery. I grilled them way too long. The ones yesterday were really good and the hamburgers were so juicy. I am going to love this grill. Greg wants to do a Boston butt soon.

I will admit it really bothered me Gary and Emily chose a friend's house to go to over family (I invited them here). Time to move on and let them go.

We had very heavy rain around 6:00 and I have a gutter problem. I had this same problem when I moved here and they "supposedly" repaired it, said it was a shingle problem. Now the problem is back. It's at the sidewalk where you walk toward the front door. 

Greg invited me to Las Vegas in December. We would return 12/24. Carter is voicing his opinion now and doesn't want to go. I do understand how he feels. I stayed out of this one, lol. Greg always compromises with him. 
Janet and Judy, alone is having no one else in the house to speak to, lol. Becoming a widow makes you really alone. I know what you meant though. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/05/2023 10:55 am)

D e v o n n e

7/05/2023 11:01 am  #33

I had a bit of yard work to do so went out early (early for me was 7:45) to beat the heat. I was not successful in that. The temp was 75, warm but not terrible. However the humidity was 93% so it fell awful! It only took me half an hour to finish a job I started yesterday so now I’m planning to stay inside the rest of the day. If we don’t get some rain this afternoon I will go out to do some watering later. We have had only a total of 1” over the past month so everything is really thirsty.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/05/2023 11:59 pm)

7/05/2023 11:22 am  #34

Of course you're right, Devonne.  Sometimes, we forget...    I guess alone to me means, no one else to entertain or cook  or clean for or talk to.  Howard has become so silent, that I often ask him if he heard me.  He never did talk as much as me, but now, it's just different.  Dementia has been mentioned by two of his doctors (cardio and neurologist) and I'm beginning to  wonder about that.  Those remarks were not lost on him, either.  When we go for our Medicare checkups later this month, and I'm in the room alone with our doctor, I'm going to ask him some questions.  Some of his behaviors started before his stroke--standing around staring,  and just standing instead of sitting down in his chair, unusually quiet...  I don't want to borrow trouble, and stuff like that creeps in so you can't recall exactly when it first began, but I and ML have definitely noticed some changes.    

Sorry about your disappointment, but glad Greg and Carter? came and you enjoyed your time with them.  
Guess we have to hold everybody and everything loosely, and carry on, don't we?  

Last edited by indyanny (7/05/2023 11:26 am)

7/05/2023 7:09 pm  #35

Devonne- you’re right, sorry.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/05/2023 11:58 pm)

7/06/2023 12:22 am  #36

I hope you are al coping with the heat, we have the air on already, turned it on around 3pm, quite cool today, yesterday was beautiful.

I still have towels out, hopefully the wind will get some more moisture out before I toss them in the dryer to finish.

DEVONNE I am glad you are enjoying your grill and had fun with family, maybe suggest no fireworks as the dogs can't tolerate them OR you go to them and let off the fireworks. Thanks for the recipe, sounds really good, one of the girls gave me a great granola recipe, going to make it this weekend.

SANDRA I know you love your mash, I don't care for it, I still make it for the Mr, he does love it, but I use the frozen ones it's really good, just as good as mine. We are having the leftover curry prawns tonight, I made too much, last night was pan fried chicken breast with lime zest, baked sweet potato cut into cubes, and a big salad of baby spinach, cherry toms cucumber and a kiwi I had (couldn't bear to waste it ) made a simple but really nice dressing of dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar a spoon of applesauce and olive oil. 
I hope the rain eases to 'just enough' for you!

MARYLOU being out early was a good idea, that's pretty high humidity, I hate the humidity, better keep cooler inside (((hugs)))

JANET didn't the dealer use your machine to set it up, mine do that. then back in the box to bring home, some of the new machines you need a good intro, they can do so much! Hope you get into it soon!

HOLLY I would be awake too - and he would be yelled at, LOL  --- I hate when you get up way too early, he's sick at the moment, just a cold, but he's not a good patient!

INDY I hope H is OK, we do worry about our guys as they get older, not that we get any younger LOL if you have noticed change you are probably right, I have noticed a big change in W's brother - I think he's in (very) early stage dementia or Alzheimers. Although so does W at times, they don't answer the question, and go off at a tangent, OR totally forget the conversation ?? Maybe he just doesn't listen

W's brother has asked for input into words for their sister's funeral, W thought it was too early to do that, and David seems to feel he will be the one speaking, won't bother W, he wouldn't anyway,.
I can see a problem coming up though, they have messaged about accomodation, I found a motel, seems OK, good restaurant, but D has put forward a few other options,  none of which appeal to me (he didn't like the one W suggested, suspect he thinks it's my choice LOL he's right ), I don't have any problem staying at a different location, but he like to take charge. 
No problem, we'll just book where we want when we have to go down there

Had my mammogram, it hurt, then yesterday was my kidney Dr, burnt a few calories racing to the appointment, the hospital carpark was full, had to drive to the small shops nearby, then 1/2 jog part way. THEN the Dr was late anyway, he told me to never rush, just call and say I'm late.

I want to finish that rope bag, just haven't had the inclination, maybe tomorrow I will get stuck into it!

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/06/2023 12:25 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/06/2023 7:43 am  #37

Trish - the dealer did do a “demo” on my machine and then put it back in the box to take home.  He buzzed through winding a bobbin and threading and some rather IMHO useless info. He told me to go on You Tube and watch the How to videos. Just as well because I don’t care for the guy.  Hopefully I won’t have to deal with him much.  His shop is over an hour away..closest Pfaff dealer.  This area is Bernina country. Lol

7/06/2023 7:51 am  #38

I have to go to the dreaded DMV office for my license renewal.  I got the renewal form in the mail in mid May.  Filled it out , wrote a check and mailed it on May 26.  Nothing back yet.  So I called, that’s a laugh, 20 mins in queue and the lady says they have no way of checking on the progress and suggested that if I don’t get it by tomorrow, I should come in.  If my license expires, I have to start all over again. 😳
   So I made an appt for tomorrow (new system).   🤦‍♀️.   I did DH’s by mail in early May and he had his in 2 weeks.  This is almost 5 weeks.  At least there’s a Quilt shop down the road from DMV….and it’s in my comfort zone for driving.

7/06/2023 8:14 am  #39

It’s already 84 at 10 a.m., high to be 91! It will also be hot in the PacNW! Today is my brother John’s birthday, tomorrow is Steph’s birthday and their anniversary.

Ralph just got home from breakfast with the Veterans, and is puttering in the basement. 

I did a short blog post, mostly to put a pic of the Afghan Dahlia up. It’s 65 inches long, so almost done. 

7/06/2023 9:15 am  #40

I HIT SOMETHING AND LOST MY POST.  DON'T YOU JUST HATE THAT WHEN YOU HAVE TO START AGAIN.

HOLLY.....CHECKED YOUR BLOG.  GOOD WORK.

ANYWAY, ITS SUNNY AND WILL HIT 88 TODAY THEY TELL US.  I TOOK OUT MY TRASH.  ITS ANOTHER HOT DAY BUT WE GOT A RAIN STORM EARLY YESTERDAY SO I HAD TO CHECK MY GARDEN.  RAIN GAUGE SAID 3/4 INCH OF RAIN.  PLENTY ENOUGH SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO WATER.  I HARVESTED CHIVES, THYME AND ITALIAN PARSLEY TODAY AND JUST SHOOK MY TOMATO BRANCHES SO THEY COULD POLLINATE.
I AM SUBMITTING THIS NOW SO I DON'T LOSE IT AND WILL ADD TO IT.

I LOST $2.50 AT BINGO LAST NITE.  NOT MUCH SO ITS FINE.  ITS COMING OUT OF MY ENTERTAINMENT BUDGET WHICH INCLUDES MY CABLE BILL.  TWO FIFTY IS ONLY A DROP IN THE BUCKET IN COMPARISON.

I BAKED 2 PORK CHOPS FOR SUPPER LAST NITE AND HAD HALF A ONE WITH SOME MASHED.  WILL HAVE SOME MORE FOR LUNCH AND FINISH OFF THE MASHED POTATOES.  I HAVE SOME GROUND BEEF DEFROSTING RIGHT NOW.  I HAVE TO THINK OF ANOTHER SIDE DISH.  MAYBE SOME PASTA-RONI, WHICH I REALLY LIKE  OR MAYBE SOME RICE-ARONI. I ENJOY BOTH AND THEY ARE FAST AND EASY TO PREPARE.  MY CUPBOARD HAS ENOUGH OF THOSE ON HAND.

I PLAN ON BAKING TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE FOR THIS WEEKEND SO MY SON CAN TAKE SOME HOME AFTER HE SHOPS FOR ME AND CASHES MY MONTHLY BUDGET CHECK.  I LIKE HAVING CASH ON HAND.  THE JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE IS THAWING OUT.  I HAVE MORE OF THEM ON MY GROCERY LIST FOR THIS WEEK ALONG WITH FROZEN PIZZA DOUGH AND ITS FIXINGS.

I GOT MY CERTIFICATION APPT FOR NEXT TUESDAY SO THAT'S ALL TAKEN CARE OF.  THEY DO IT HERE IN THEIR OFFICE SO ITS EASY PEASY.

I GUESS THAT'S IT FROM ME.  THE USUAL WILL BE HAPPENING.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  STAY SAFE.  HUG, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/06/2023 9:29 am)

Board footera