OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:27 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 2 ~ SAT JULY 8

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/01/2023 10:03 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 2 ~ SAT JULY 8

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/01/2023 10:12 pm  #3

Pville, I'm so very sorry to hear about your daughter having breast cancer again!
Prayers are going up! 🙏🏻

I'll try to read and post tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday. So much going on around here! A cousin just finished radiation for breast cancer, my sil will be having surgery and starting radiation soon, also for breast cancer. My bil's brother (just turned 60) was just diagnosed with inoperable stage 4 pancreatic cancer just 2 days ago!
Not diabetic, not a smoker, not a drinker! All so sad! Prayers are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/02/2023 12:00 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/02/2023 12:19 am  #4

​DIANE thank you!! You certainly have a lot going on ((((hugs))))

BJ I hope that wet noodle got you good !!  I know you feel good but it is really not a great idea to have that shower by yourself ((((hugs))) I am guessing Rhonda gave you grief ! I am so glad that you feel so good though, it is wonderful to see the improvement.

DEVONNE his sis turned 81 just a month ago, we just heard that morphine will be increased tomorrow, so it will be quite soon. She has a gall ladder infection, fluid on the lung and now sepsis, I am guessing she just couldn't be bothered getting treatment, too late now. We will both go down to the funeral, possible next week, but family will have to decide it all, so we can't book flights until more is known, I have researched motels, and we can hire a car.
 I know it's a horrible thing to say, but she just didn't want to live, so maybe it's better for her. 

​SANDRA that is great you have your cheque early, if you need anything you can order it, we just finished my shopping, I am doing a Winter Warrior Plan with my fitness friends, there are 12 of us, some want weight loss (me) some strength and some are going for endurance. The girls are so lovely, I lost almost 3lb last week, there are daily challenges ( last weeks was to increase steps done ) this week is drink more water, and we have meal plans, shopping lists and recipes included, and you don't go hungry on this plan, I was worried I might GAIN weight. So sad about your cucumbers but great news on the tomatoes.

HOLLY I am sad for John I do hope he gets more mobile, hard when we get older to keep fit and healthy. I didn't know about the cookies, we don't have them - and they are off my menu right now. I am allowed dates drizzled with dark chocolate, also macadamias done the same, an after dinner treat, I am having mine plain, might not be able to resist the dark chocolate.

INDY they will have lots to tell, they have been in my favourite part of the UK and being summer the gardens were probably very pretty. 

I need to get moving, have washing to put away, and I want to make a few phone calls.

​THERESA I hope you have a better weekend, being home, and things start to settle down for you,  it won't for mum for a bit yet, stay strong, it WILL get better! Change is hard ((((hugs))))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/02/2023 9:20 am  #5

Crumbl cookies are a franchise chain. The cookies are big, and expensive- almost $5 each! I enjoy looking at the pix of the weekly specials, but wouldn’t make the 20 minute trip to buy them again. My chocolate chip cookies, from the recipe on the bag, are much better than theirs! 

7/02/2023 9:54 am  #6

Good Morning to everyone!!   I will be very brief. as Jamie is making breakfast and my 9 am. show is about to start.  It is very still outside and 60 *.  Jamie is here until about 3 p.m., then will head home.  Rhonda will be here after work, about 3:30 or 4, we will visit and she will get our dinner, then will  head home for hers.

Just wanted to check in, hope everyone is doing well, we are hanging in there.  Will sign off now as Jamie has my breakfast almost ready, hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (7/02/2023 9:55 am)

7/02/2023 10:58 am  #7

ME BRIEF ALSO.  MAKING POTATO PANCAKES.  HAVEN'T HAD THEM FOR MONTHS.  LOVE THEM.

Last edited by quiltbea (7/02/2023 12:01 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/02/2023 12:08 pm  #8

I'M BACK!  I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF COOKING MY PANCAKES.  I HAD SOME FOR LUNCH WITH SOUR CREAM.

DIANE......I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE MEDICAL ISSUES HAPPENING WITH YOUR FAMILY.  ITS A TOUGH TIME FOR YOU AND THEM.  I WISH THEM HEALING.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS WINGING THEIR WAY.  HUGS FOR ALL.

MY GRDAU GINA WAS TAKEN TO HOSPITAL LAST NITE.  FEVER OF 104.5 FELLING HER.  AFTER ADDING FLUIDS AND TAKING BLOOD TESTS, THEY SAID SHE HAS A BAD CASE OF FLU.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.  NOT COVID SINCE THE WHOLE FAMILY WAS CLEARED OF THAT THRU TESTING.  HOME NOW AND BEING WET DOWN WITH WET TOWELS TO KEEP REDUCING THE FEVER.   THE WHOLE FAMILY IS TAKING PRECAUTIONS.  PLEASE ADD GINA TO YOUR PRAYER LIST TODAY.

MY SON IS NOW IN FLORIDA.  HE SENT ME A PICTURE FROM THE AIR AND IT WAS SO LOVELY.  I KNOW HE WILL ENJOY HIS TRIP.

RAIN HERE AGAIN.  I DO NOT HAVE TO WATER MY GARDEN.  I CAN STAY INDOORS THE WHOLE DAY.  I LOVE SEEING THE RAIN HITTING THE RESERVOIR AND THE RAPIDS RUSHING IN THE RIVER.

TAKE CARE MY FRIENDS.  HUGD, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/02/2023 12:09 pm)

7/02/2023 12:16 pm  #9

THIS IS MATT LANDING IN FT LAUDERDALE.  SEE THE LOVELY RAINBOW.
QB S

7/02/2023 12:23 pm  #10

Very hot and humid here. Threat of t storms with hail predicted.

7/02/2023 12:26 pm  #11

THE VIEW FROM MATT'S ROOM.
QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (7/02/2023 12:27 pm)

7/02/2023 7:35 pm  #12

This is the second time I have typed this. Forgot to hit Submit the first time.

I made corn on the cob and bacon wrapped hotdogs, for Sonoran style hotdogs. I barely finished grilling before the rain started.

I made a recipe from You Tube using Zero Sugar chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, refined coconut oil and vanilla extract. Makes a full cookie sheet, really thin and yummy! No baking, just put in the freezer; break apart when ready. Not M&M's so they do melt in your hand.

Trish, Billy had a blood clot on his lung and sepsis had set in as well. Those must be common things when the time is near. I hope you're all rested up by now from the trip.

Sandra, I'm glad you have a good view of the river. How long have you lived there now? Loved the pics and I hope they have a great vacation. Sending a prayer for Gina. I hope she is feeling better by now and her fever is gone.

Diane, so sorry about all the family medical issues. 

Theresa, thinking of you! It's an emotional journey for you and Mom, and the entire family. Hugs and prayers for the days and months to get easier. 

Holly, the Crumbl Cookie franchise is here, but I've never been. There's one closer to where Greg lives.

Marilynn, thinking of you if you are reading.

Cheryl, what's the latest on Aaron's custody situation? What are you doing with your retirement time?

The fireworks started last night, but I'm sure they will get worse. Gracie wants to get in my lap.

I need to get my mojo going. I am watching way too much TV. If you get interested in these long series, it's hard to quit watching them.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/02/2023 7:43 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/02/2023 7:53 pm  #13

It's still morning - just LOL on a Monday

SANDRA what a view, both from the plane and the apartment, there ren't many waves, I guess it's more in a bay type area. I am used to our big surf LOL  I love that you have great views as well, and I know you DO love your potato pancakes.

DEVONNE that recipe sounds good, will you put it onto our recipe thread?
We heard back from one of Margaret's kids, she has 3, Todd is the middle one and the most we have contact with, he said his mother doesn't want  formal funeral - I kind of expected that, but HE would like a small service when they place her with their father. He has to discuss with his brother and sister, I know I can share here without judgement, the youngest (dau)  is a drug addict, the oldest (son) lives quite close to his mother but has nothing to do with her, the 3 girls the dau had have been living on and off with Marg all their lives, with their assorted children, more for the free housing. Strange family, we do feel for Todd, he's always been loving and caring to his family, with all their issues, and helped his sister a lot, getting her into rehab so many times. He was in the centre of Australia when all this happened, with his wife and in-laws, his F-I-L had a heart attack same day as he heard - poor guy, had to leave his wife to cope with all that and get back. The F-I-L is OK though thank heavens.

I have done the sheets, the Mr has been to the Drs to get scripts and he wants to visit his sis, they now require masks and face shield, as 'flu is in the facility, so he'll go alone.

More cleaning is in my future, it's cold today, and going to be pretty cold all week
Don't know whether I told you Sara asked me to be part of a group of "Motivators" for our fitness group, she had made us all names for our Motivator shirts - she is supplying them, we are to make sure new members are welcomed into their sessions, I do it anyway, so no trouble, we are getting together for coffee and group photo on Sunday. 
Our group fitness is more about being involved and feeling comfortable - she loves to make our members feel part of a big family - no judgement and lots of encouragement.

See you later.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/02/2023 7:56 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/03/2023 8:33 am  #14

TRISH.......YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT BEING CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.  ITS RAINING AGAIN TODAY.  THE FORECAST FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS SHOWS SOME RAIN ON MANY OF THOSE DAYS.  THE FORESTS MAY BE SAFE BUT THE REST OF US ARE GETTING WATERLOGGED.
YOU AMAZE ME WITH YOUR WORKOUTS ALL THE TIME AND YOUR EXERCISE.  YOU REALLY SEEM TO PUT YOUR HEART INTO IT. I APPLAUD YOU.

DEVONNE......I HAVE BEEN IN THIS APT SINCE OCT 2016 SO THE YEARS ARE PILING UP NOW.   I DID NOT REALIZE ITS BEEN SO LONG TIL YOU ASKED.  I AM AN OLD REGULAR NOW.
THANKS FOR SHARING PHOTOS OF YOUR GARDEN.  I LOVE SEEING THE DIFFERENT FLOWERING PLANTS.  SOME ARE DIFFERENT FROM OURS IN THE NORTH.  NICE TO SEE.

MY NEIGHBOR NAN KEEPS BRINGING ME DESSERTS FROM THE STORE.  I HAVE TO STOP EATING THEM.  I HAVE A REGULAR CHECKUP DUE EARLY AUG. AND HOPE TO LOSE A FEW POUNDS, NOT GAIN ANY.  I HAVE TO PUT A ZIPPER ON MY LIPS.

NOTHING PLANNED FOR THE DAY, JUST RELAXING, A BIT OF COOKING, SOME SOLITAIRE, JIGSAW AND CROSSWORD PUZZLING, AND WATCH TV.   MY USUAL ROUTINE.  THE HOLIDAY TOMORROW MEANS NOTHING TO ME.  I DON'T GO TO THE FIREWORKS IN THE CITY.  IT USED TO BE A REGULAR THING SINCE WE LIVED ON THE 'HILL' WHERE THEY TAKE PLACE.  WE COULD NOT GET OUT IN AN EMERGENCY SINCE OUR DRIVEWAY WOULD ALWAYS BE BLOCKED.  THOUSANDS FLOCKED TO THE 'HILL' TO WATCH.  WHEN THE KIDS WERE YOUNG, WE WENT TO THE 'HILL' KNOWN AS THE EASTERN PROMENADE TO WATCH THE BOAT RACING, THE SOFTBALL GAME, THE EVENTS PLANNED THRU THE WHOLE DAY BEFORE FIREWORKS FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE BAY AT 9 PM.  AHHH, THE LOVELY MEMORIES.

THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS FOR GINA.  SHE IS DOING BETTER AND HER MOM WENT BACK TO WORK.  THIS 'FLU' IS A DILLY.  BE CAREFUL TO KEEP YOUR DISTANCE FROM STRANGERS LADIES.  SOMETHING IS GOING AROUND AGAIN.

HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/03/2023 8:44 am)

7/03/2023 9:38 am  #15

Good Morning, everyone!  It is cool here this morning, just almost made it to 60*.  Cool!!  It is very still outside this morning, not a leaf is moving.  I have no plans for the day, just being lazy, I guess.  Frank just woke up, so took him his coffee.  

Tracy called from my friend Nancy's house yesterday, had a nice chat.  Frank talked to Clifton for awhile and I talked to Nancy for a bit and mostly Tracy.  They're having a lovely time.  Not sure whether they're leaving today or tomorrow to go to Perry.  They'll be there for a couple of weeks, then will head home, after another quick visit with Nancy.

Will be lovely to see them, they haven't missed a weekend here in a long time, but I'll survive. Ha!!  It is a lovely morning, sun is shining bright.  I think I'll sign off, don't have much to say, so will wish you all a great day, BJ.

7/03/2023 10:15 am  #16

Hot and humid with thunderstorms tonight. We’re invited to Heather and Ed’s this afternoon. She called while we were food shopping.

Ed had a scare the other night. After 4 years of not eating meat, he had a piece of sausage. When Heather got home from work a little later, he was wheezing and had hives. She gave him benedryl and headed for the ER. By the time they got there his eyes were swollen and he could barely talk! Epinephrine, IV steroids and fluids fixed it. We’re all thinking alpha gal, which is tick borne and leaves you allergic to meat and sometimes dairy, all things he does not have because they eat vegan. According to google, a blood test for a specific antigen can confirm. Sometimes it disappears after 1-2 years, sometimes it takes longer. My niece Naureen has had it for maybe 2 years now. Scary, she carries an epi pen in case of cross contamination.

7/03/2023 3:58 pm  #17

Hey, everyone.

MaryLou, I have your daughter on the prayer list.  It must be so difficult to face this ordeal again.  

Sandra, it looks as though Matt and Daphne have a great vacation spot.  Prayers for Gina.  High fevers are so scary.  

Holly, thinking of how hard it is for John to go through all of this.  And then Ed having a scare on top of everything else!  I checked your blog, and the afghan looks so bright and cheerful. 

Devonne, I could share some mojo.  I'm on a roll here with lots of things getting done.  Just pick up something little that needs a bit of work, and before you know it, you're all in.  

Judy, I hope ML and Bill have recovered.  I'm with Trish -- I think the Cotswolds are among of the prettiest areas I've ever visited.  Charming, quaint, beautiful, lots of words there.  

Dianne, so very sorry to hear of all of the medical issues with your family.

Trish, good that you have heard from Todd and have some sense of what they're thinking.  So very sad that someone just gives up like that.  

Theresa, I know you are hanging in with your mother and everything she's going through.  I saw that you and Lynne are rooming together at the Houston retreat.  I'm looking forward to having some fun with you then.  In the meantime, just know I'm thinking of you.  

We passed a Crumbl cookie place the other day.  Glen just looked at me and said, "I know you do better."  He has such faith in me!  

The two quilts are in the mail and should be delivered today or Wednesday.  I finished putting all of the blocks and rows together for the bottom half of Bonnie's quilt.  Lisa is working on the top half and playing with the dyeing for the backing fabric.  She said she has two blues, and she's not sure which one.  Good grief, girl, it's part of many different colors, and it's the backing of a quilt!  She is going to take the extra blocks and make pillows while I work on getting the top joined to the bottom and the quilting done.  We're getting closer to being done!  

I'm putting a different top on the frame to quilt this week, and I'm back to working on some jackets that I really want to have done before fall.  

Okay, off to work on dinner.  Broiled chicken, reheated rice, and black eyed peas!  Yum.  No dessert.  I forgot to make one.  Ooops.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

7/03/2023 10:25 pm  #18

BJ, your last two posts show a big improvement. Keep up the good work! We love you! 
Sandra, that is when Greg moved from next door to us to be closer to Carter all the time. Now his ex moved just two miles from him. Worked out perfect!

Sandy's vet appt. wasn't good news today. She has spondylosis in her spine, bad arthritis in her spine, hips and legs. The vet said she walks sideways to relieve her pain. She has to be on pain meds round the clock; Gabapentin every 8 hrs. If she's sleeping too much, I can do every 12 hrs. As long as she's eating good, drinking and walking, she can live with pain meds. I asked the vet when would I know it's time, and she said when she quits walking. I think it will be before that happens.

Carol, thanks! I will try that after the 4th. 

Trish, Sara sounds like the best! I'll post the recipe for you and where I got it if anyone wants to watch the video. I need to make half of the recipe because I'm eating too much of it, lol.

Carol, do you have a longarm you can walk away from and let it do all the work, or do you have to stand there and guide it? Little do I know!

The fireworks weren't bad tonight as we had a storm and rain. Know tomorrow night will be worse.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/03/2023 10:32 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/04/2023 12:36 am  #19

SANDRA I am so glad that Gina is getting better, the 'flu is a bad one, or actually MANY bad ones, seems to be hitting hard her too. I didn't think you had been there that long time flies, and I'm glad you are safe, warm and have some activities to keep you going. I love jig-saws. I need to set one up again, I can redo them, after I pack them away I keep all the edge pieces in a bag, easy to get started again.

DEVONNE thanks for the recipe, I will check it out. Poor Sandy, I know you will keep her comfortable, so hard when they get older. ((((hugs))))

CAROL that is such a lot of work, I choose backings usually that  will go with the thread that will be stitched on the front, AND go with the binding. Agree that it's just too sad that a life hasn't been lived, we only get one.

HOLLY I had never heard of that allergy awful, we do have ticks here, but I have never seen one, scary stuff!!

JANET how is the new machine?? I didn't go to our quilt show last weekend, they would have had one, couldn't trust myself LOL

More waiting on new for his sis, heard back last night that she was improving a little, then today that she is in hospice, no idea who is listening correctly. They have said it will be a matter of days, not weeks.

I guess back to checking on flights. We have so much booked in next few weeks, there's  going to be some cancellations. 
Had my mammogram today, went after training ( and a shower LOL) she really hurt today, not much point in asking me to hold my breath when I can't breath anyway. Hopefully that is the last one, after 74 we don't have to have them, she DID say I could continue though, told her I would if my Dr wanted me too LOL

The Mr is home, he played today, raining all day, but they are under cover, John has his drivers licence test on July 20, he did the hazards test today, and the safe driving course lat weekend. 
I have made our dinner - well it's cooking anyway -  coconut curry prawns with broccoli and brown rice. Smells fabulous, this recipe plan has some fantastic recipes.
Enough will be for my lunch tomorrow, they are like that, what we eat tonight is also for tomorrows lunch, there will be plenty leftovers.

Happy 4th for tomorrow, it's today here, but of course we don't celebrate LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/04/2023 12:37 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/04/2023 7:29 am  #20

Trish, the alpha gal is recently diagnosed, maybe a virus mutation? And there’s so many different species of ticks. Ick. 

We had a lovely afternoon at Heather’s, Ed’s parents came over also, and we got to visit with the kids and catch up. After we got home, it poured all night, a lot of thunderstorms also. Today it looks like more rain. 

I have sheets in the dryer, and the dishwasher is running. I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 10! 

Board footera