OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/11/2023 11:19 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 9 ~ SAT JULY 15

No. Those videos are near where we used to live and where my daughter lives.

7/11/2023 12:36 pm  #22

Afternoon y'all! 
Hot one here!  Still dealing with closing attorneys, they want this that and the other yesterday!
Realtor is also pressuring me!  I am not recommending her to anyone so she too needs to chill! 
Mom is settling a bit!  She still thinks I'm driving 4-5 hours to my house each day and wants to know why she can't stay home!  Very frustrating to repeat myself every day!  Yet she can remember other stuff I tell her! 
I have printed the forms from the closing firms office to fill out and already sent them a question!  First page first line.  I don't speak legalese!
I have called an estate company, to sell the furniture at the lake and appliances... Waiting for the eternal call back.  
Sold mom's car this last weekend.  I hated driving the fishbowl!  It is gone!  
Sorry if I seem distracted.  I keep getting emails from the closing attorney's and am trying to keep up with them so I don't have to duplicate stuff when they ask again.  They are persistent!
I need to go and look at the forms and fill them in.  I can reprint if I mess up! 
I can't wait till I have the check in hand! 
Later my Friends!  

7/11/2023 11:34 pm  #23

It's been a busy few days for us here, first, new phone for him, took long time to get him set up, we needed to log into all his apps LOL Still trying to hook his phone up to his car, he can use Apple Car Play, but he want to use the car stuff LOL 

He didn't know how, THEN we had a blocked sewer line, nothing backed up thank goodness,, but it's been really slow, plumber was trying to get here Monday late, then tried for Tuesday, finally got here Wednesday. Plus news came through that the funeral was to be July 20th, next Thursday. The Mr was at a tournament all day Tuesday so it was me waiting for the plumber, and then trying to decide on flights and car hire & accomodation, couldn't get an answer from him, so I got it all done anyway. 
So all in all quite an expensive few days LOL

I did get out and got my nails done this morning, they were far too long and I couldn't type OR sew properly. Feels good to have that done, we also have a formal dinner on Sat night so got his clothes out and ready to iron, they get so crushed in the cupboard, I have a few options, but they are all a bit cold, so I'm still thinking. I have a warm wrap, but it would be nice if they had these things in the warmer months.

SANDRA I had no idea what the dogs were, looked them up, I was thinking more along the lines of devilled eggs LOL I was way off. Your son is a good guy, I know you will miss that extra in your account, but you make do, and will find a way to get the little treats you want now and again.

DEVONNE that is a very pretty afghan too, nice pattern, I hope the grooming went well, and you have all dogs done now!

BJ nice to have things happening around you, I know you like everything ship shape, is Frank feeling OK?

JANET  hope your daughter is OK, I hadn't heard about bad weather there. Any news on trying the new machine, I couldn't wait this long LOL

INDY you will all love him being around - even just a little - I picked up John last night, he went to the movies and they had pizza after, M & G were celebrating their anniversary with dinner out, John always sends me lovely messages, with "love you Nan" at then end. Wonder when he'll get too old for that.

He goes for his driving test next week, we will be flying that day, so can't help out. His driving instructor will take him and bring him home, he has also picked up more shifts at work, also missed one, he was still in bed, lazy boy - they send a message asking who is free. He loves earning the money, but he enjoys spending it as well LOL he'll soon find out how far it goes.

THERESA it will take time for her to understand, and she may never, dad never thought he was so far away from home, he wanted to walk there many times, he would have never found it. He did settle in eventually, we took him treats at meal times, and supplied extra things that most of the residents could eat. 
I hated him being there, but also understood that it had to be that way ((((hugs)))) best wishes for everything to be done ASAP

I need to get moving - I'm cold, maybe I'll get out for a walk, it's cold in this house

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/11/2023 11:37 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/12/2023 4:36 am  #24

Trish-  no, I haven’t even taken the machine out of the box. 🤦‍♀️  recently I haven’t had enough sit down time to tackle it.  I’m still working on reorganizing my studio.  If you remember I had to have a new cooling/heating system (called a mini split) installed which meant moving everything to the opposite side of the room and covering it all.  And then cleaning the room which even though the installers cleaned it wasn’t enough.
   We’re leaving tomorrow for a few days and have had lots to do before we go.  We haven’t gone anywhere since we got back from FL in March.  It’s been a very expensive year so far.  This trip is not expensive at all.

7/12/2023 4:37 am  #25

Theresa- hopefully things will settle down for you….and your mom.  I agree with Trish, this arrangement is really the best for everyone involved.

7/12/2023 8:07 am  #26

HOLLY........GOOD TO HEAR JOHN IS APPROVED FOR REHAB.  I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR HIM AND HE MAKES SOME PROGRESS.

TRISH......A LOT GOING ON WITH YOU AND OURS.  I HOPE THE TRIP GOES WELL.  I KNOW ITS A SAD TIME FOR ALL OF YOU BUT YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT.  

DEVONNE......ARE ALL THE DOGS  PRETTIED UP NOW?

JANET......ARE YOU GOING SOMEWHERE SPECIAL?

ITS ANOTHER 80S DAY HERE AND SUNNY.  ITS SO PRETTY OUTDOORS.  I HAVE TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH SOON.  
ITS BINGO DAY BUT NOT SURE IF WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO BOTHER.  SOME ARE GOING TO SOME RETIREMENT THINGY ON A BUS TRIP.  WE MAY HAVE TO CANCEL WITH TOO FEW PLAYERS.  WE PLAY IF WE HAVE AT LEAST 4 FOLKS BUT ITS IFFY FOR TONIGHT.
I STARTED MY EATING PLAN.  I DO NOT CALL IT A DIET SINCE THE FOODS WON'T CHANGE MUCH, MOSTLY JUST THE PORTIONS.    ITS WORKED FOR ONE DAY SO FAR BUT I KNOW IT WILL BE A STRUGGLE ALONG THE WAY.

MY POST FROZE SO I HAD TO SIGN OUT AND COME BACK.  GOOD THING I HAD 'SUBMITTED' BEFORE IT FROZE.  I WAS ONLY GOING TO ADD I HAVE PIZZA PLANNED FOR SUPPER TONITE BUT WILL SHARE SINCE I DO NOT WANT TO STUFF MY FACE WITH IT.
IF I THINK OF ANYTHING I MISSED I WILL BE BACK LATER.  HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/12/2023 8:40 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/12/2023 8:37 am  #27

Janet, fingers crossed that your daughter isn’t affected by the flooding! 

I had to take a library book back, so we went to breakfast at Blair Mountain Biscuits. I had scrambled egg and bacon on a biscuit, brought half home. We sat outside to eat. I like that they bring a pitcher of ice water for the table.

I started a new Afghan. I took the pattern for the baby ocean like one, and adjusted it to make a big one. 

7/12/2023 9:12 am  #28

Good morning, my friends! Had a late coffee and guess where I am? My sewing room! I'm going to attempt (again) to do another embroidery to see if it puckers. I'm going to do Gary's shirts while in here.

The dogs are groomed. They look so much better and I know they feel better. I always give her extra money and she always tells me it's too much. I wouldn't drive to someone's house, carry in all that stuff and I appreciate not having to take them to a groomer. That's worth a lot of money. 

Theresa, things will improve; it's going to take months for her to adjust to her new surroundings. You must be exhausted.

Holly, you. might as well aim for an even dozen afghans this year. You're already on #8?

D e v o n n e

7/12/2023 9:40 am  #29

Good Morning to everyone.  It is very still outside, a bit of sun occasionally.  Gloria is coming this morning to clean, since she had a Dr. appt. on Monday.  I have no ambition this morning, just a lazy bum!!!

Have no  plans for the day,  I had a bit of ambition yesterday, but so far, none today!  It is 60*, may get really warm today.  Rhonda watered  outside all the plants yesterday, they look really nice.  We have so many, it's quite lovely out.  Do believe we have the best looking place on the street, some folks don't even mow their lawns or have any flowers.  That's life, I guess!!

Think I will stay on the computer for awhile, at least until Gloria is here and gets done in the living room.  It will be a lazy day, for sure.  I'm going to sign off now, wishing you all well, Love, BJ.

7/12/2023 9:41 am  #30

Holly- I haven’t heard from her so I assume all’s ok.
Sandra- special 🤔?  Not for me. It’s the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA.  It’s one of DH’s highlights of the year.  We’ve attended this event every year for at least the last 18 years. Lol. It’s held  on the fairgrounds where there is literally no shade.  There are acres and acres of cars to see.  It’s a 2 day event.  The weather prediction is hot and humid…unless it changes there is a heat advisory in effect for the weekend. 🥵 so sunscreen, visors and water are absolute!

7/12/2023 12:57 pm  #31

Holly, Andrew's company is just north of Indpls.  But, they're allowing him to work from anywhere and his choice is to live in Chicago.  Not only is he enamored with that city, several of his ND friends are going to work their and hopefully he'll be rooming with one of them.  Initially, he was told he'd need to live near his company for his first two years, but later, he was told he could live anywhere.  The good thing, if needs be, he can easily drive there in 3 or so hours from Chicago.  ML just texted that he has arrived at home with the last of his belongings and they've helped him carry them in.  
Howard is lunching with Dave.   Sorry, I just can't keep that big smile off my face.  Actually, I was supposed to go shopping and have lunch with my friend, Bobbie.  In the night, I had a bilious episode with my stomach and while it passed, I didn't feel good enough to get ready and go.  We're going to try for next Monday or possible even tomorrow.  I was so disappointed when Dave called yesterday and they set up lunch for today.  As ML said, Mom, you'll do anything to have some alone time at home!  
I never mean to hurt anyone here by saying stuff like that.  I couldn't live very well without Howard and don't want to,  but like all flawed human beings...oh, you all know...    I am grateful for what I have, just flawed. 

Theresa, you're just so worn out from the endlessness of it all.  Our "paperless" society didn't happen.  So, now, we have to deal with some of both (paperless and paper).  I doubt you've still had one minute to do just what you want to do since you've been home.  Someday...even it it doesn't seem like it...  

BJ, you know my story--behind us, like a park;  next door, like a junk yard;  and we're somewhere in between!  Your yard sounds beautiful.  So glad you get to enjoy it and have good help keeping it.  You've earned the days when you don't have any gumption.  Don't fret about that.  
This will be a lazy day for me.  Tummy is still not quite right and I'll be darned if I'm going to work on my free time.  I'll get busy when Howard shows up.  AND, no supper to cook tonight.  He never eats much after a big lunch. I have several ready to eat things in the freezer.  He always urges me to keep a few for such times.  As for me, I'm always good for an egg and toast.  
The place where Bobbie and I were going serves a small menu of lunches.  One is salmon mousse.  Sounds awful, looks awful, is very delicious.  Bobbie's a vegetarian so she'll get the Quiche Florentine.  Not me!  It's salmon mousse for me!  
Janet, I hope you can keep cool and hydrated on your mini vacay.  Do you go on your own, totally, or have you made some friends over the years to meet up with?  The show is probably huge and I'm talking thru my hat!  

Have to go.  Guess who just walked in, and brought me two chicken tenders.  He usually gets shrimp and eats them all.  Have a good afternoon/evening.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/12/2023 1:03 pm)

7/12/2023 1:45 pm  #32

Judy- the fairgrounds covers 82 acres…filled with usually 2800-3000 cars…in this case all all Chryslers…Dodges…Mopars.  I feel like we walk all of it and look at all of the cars.  . There a lots of food concessions and bathrooms and vendors…50’s and 60’s music and small events honoring the military.  The place can be quite crowded but is always orderly and kept clean.
   DH ‘s friend and sons are VIPs at this show and we always see them there. Watched their boys grow up.

Last edited by Missmommy (7/12/2023 1:46 pm)

7/12/2023 2:37 pm  #33

Janet, sounds like a better holiday for you than some are even though it's not your major area of interest.
Seeing someone, anyone you know always add something.  That is a huge area to walk, though.  
Take care and have fun!

7/12/2023 11:52 pm  #34

Enjoyed being back in my sewing room today. One embroidery had a little puckering, but another one was perfect. Not the same fabric I had the initial problem on. I will try that fabric again tomorrow.

Today was Hannah's 28th birthday. They were at the Academy store when I texted her and asked her to stop by if they wanted to. I had her a card & gift card but never saw anyone (surprise, surprise, lol).  I was actually leaving Walmart to head to their place, so I'm glad I called Gary first. They live about 5 miles from Walmart.

D e v o n n e

7/13/2023 8:55 am  #35

Yikes, it’s 88 already and will go up to 93! I’m staying in! I have dinner going in the crockpot. 

Way back in November of 2006 I had my old Caravan stolen from the school parking lot where I worked in Camden. The thieves were being chased by the police a few nights later, missed a turn, and ended up in a river- glug glug. They were arrested, the guy went to jail, and the woman had to make some- very little- restitution to me. For several years I’d get little checks from Superior Court as her probation office got money from her, totaled maybe a couple hundred over ten years or so. Today I got a check for $147, after years of no checks. Interesting. 

Eddie and girlfriend Steph get home today after a week of visiting her family and driving around Florida. Heather said Ed and Honey (the dog) have been moping around missing him for days. It’s the longest he’s ever been away from them. 

Stay cool everyone!

7/13/2023 9:21 am  #36

I'm up in the air this morning.  Waiting for a call or text from friend, Bobbie as to whether we're going shopping/lunch today or Monday.  The Schoolhouse Shop's phone was on the blink, yesterday, when she tried to call.  She wanted to make sure they are open on Mondays.    

Holly, that is some story.   Still, when you're expecting nothing it's nice to get a little surprise like that.Maybe you'll get more if it's "still on the books". 
Poor Ed and Honey.  Sometimes dads are more sentimental than moms from other stories I've heard.  Once you made the comment that he adores Heather.  I always remembered that.  It's so nice to hear.   Hope you've cooled off...
(Posted that much after re-writing some of it.  Wonder why only part of a post disappears in a flash?)

Devonne, always generous to a fault...guess Hannah falls in the category, "expect nothing and you won't be disappointed".  But, I know that's probably not possible for you. 
My friend and your neighbor, Ruthie, sent two separate checks for $135  each to her niece and nephew (sibs) that both have new 1st babies born in May and June.  Generous, in my opinion.  She's heard nothing from either and neither has even cashed the check.   She knows they both received them because she checked with her sister, the new grandmother, who confirmed they did.   
Glad you had some success with the latest embroidery.  

Need to get busy.  No call yet from Bobbie.  Maybe we got our wires crossed.    Wouldn't matter except that she needs to be home by 2 and if we're not going today, we need to go to the grocery.  I'm going to get those garlic knots to take tomorrow and the usual other things one always needs or wants.  

Have a great day...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/13/2023 9:38 am)

7/13/2023 9:40 am  #37

Good Morning to everyone!!   It's a beautiful day here, only 60* now at 8:30 AM, but it will surely be a warm one.  Rhonda has to take her car in this morning to have some work done, they will give her a loaner.  Then she's coming by here to get me and we're going grocery shopping.  Don't think I need much of anything, but it's fun to roam around the store and see what's there.  Think she'll be here around 9 so we'll get an early start.  That's always nice to get going early, while it's still cool.

I don't have any plans for later, will just be a lazy day for me.  Tracy is likely on the road by now, she will head to my friend, Nancy's, and will spend the night, then head toward Boston tomorrow, then she'll soon be home.   Hope she doesn't have any trouble getting to Boston, I understand the areas are under water in Vermont and New Hampshire.  Oh well, she'll figure it out, I hope!!

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off and wish everyone a wonderful day, BJ.

7/13/2023 10:28 am  #38

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE WITH SUNSHINE AND TEMPS HITTING THE LOW 80S.
MY NEIGHBOR NAN JUST BROUGHT ME SOME LUNCH SHE MADE.....A HOT DOG, MASHED TATERS AND GREEN BEANS.  I MAKE MINE DIFFERENTLY BUT ATE THE WHOLE THING.  WASN'T BAD AT ALL.  I THINK SHE USES A MIXER TO WHIP HER TATERS.  THEY HAD NO BODY.  I USE AN OLD-FASHIONED MASHER.  STILL, IT WAS NICE TO GET A MEAL I DID NOT HAVE TO COOK.  I HAD LEFTOVER PIZZA PLANNED OTHERWISE.  I SENT HER A THANK YOU TEXT.
I LOST A DOLLAR LAST NITE AT BINGO.  TWO OF OUR MEMBERS HAD OTHER PLANS AT SOME RETIREMENT DO WHICH HAPPENED AFTER A BUS RIDE.  NAN WAS ONE OF THEM.  SHE SAID IT WAS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.  JUST SO-SO.
WE HAD FUN AND CHATTED AT BINGO.  GOT THE NEWS VENTED.  SAW AN OLD MEMBER WHO MOVED AWAY WHO JOINED US LAST NITE.  THEN SHE TOOK ANOTHER OF THE GROUP SHOPPING, OUR KAREN..  KAREN DOES NOT DRIVE ANY LONGER AND USES A WALKER.  SHE IS ALSO A LITTLE BACKWARD, BUT NOT MUCH.  WE WATCH OUT FOR HER AND MAKE SURE SHE PUTS HER BUTTONS ON ALL THE NUMBERS.  SHE WAS LUCKY AND WON TWICE LAST NITE.  SHE IS LUCKY TO HAVE A YOUNGR SISTER WHO COMES TO SEE HER EVERY DAY AND MAKES SURE SHE EATS RIGHT.  CAROL, ON THE OTHER HAND, WAS ALWAYS HELPFUL WHILE SHE LIVED HERE, PICKING UP STUFF AT THE MARKET AND CLEANING FOR ONE OF THE GUYS WHO IS NO LONGER HERE.  ANYWAY, IT WAS NICE TO SEE CAROL AGAIN.

MY SON AND HIS WIFE HAD SOMETHING THAT ATTACKED THEIR TUMMY.  THEY THINK THE TURKEY IN HER CHILI MAY HAVE BEEN BAD.  BOTH HAD TUMMIES THAT EXPLODED.  NEITHER COULD WORK FOR A  FEW DAYS IT WAS SO AWFUL.  I KNOW IT WAS NOT MY TATER TOT CASSEROLE BECAUSE NO ONE HERE GOT ILL AND DAPHNE WILL NOT EAT TATERS SO PASSES ON MY CASSEROLES.  BESIDES, MATT ATE HIS EARLIER IN THE WEEK.  HE ACTUALLY TRIED MY NEW RECIPE FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WEEK AND LOVED IT.  SINCE ITS EASIER TO MAKE THAN THE EARLIER 2 VERSIONS OF EGG BITE CASSEROLES I WAS USING, I WILL STICK TO IT.

ON THE RESTITUTION FRONT......MY MOM (ABOUT 78) WAS MUGGED ONE AFTERNOON COMING FROM HER VOLUNTEER JOB AS A GRANDMOTHER AT THE YWCA AND SHE HELD ONTO HER PURSE SO TIGHTLY THE MUGGER BROKE HER SHOULDER TO GET IT.  HE WAS CHASED BY A PASSERBY.  THE MUGGER TOSSED HER PURSE BUT GOT CAUGHT.  STOOD TRIAL  AND HAD TO MAKE RESTITUTION FOR HER CASH LOSSES.  SHE GOT BACK MORE THAN HE STOLE IN THE END.  BUT IT NEVER COVERED THE COST OF HER BROKEN SHOULDER THOUGH MEDICARE TOOK CARE OF IT.  IT TOOK ABOUT A YEAR FOR PAYMENT TO HER.  

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT I GUESS.  I NEED TO VACUUM AND CHECK MY GARDEN.  EVERYTHING ELSE IS GRAVY.
HUGS TO ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/13/2023 10:50 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/13/2023 3:14 pm  #39

Afternoon y'all! 
My usual busy!  Got mom appointments made for an eye exam, and to test her ears for hearing aids!  Her excuse not to get hearing aids is she cannot afford them!  Her excuse for not getting her eyes checked is she is too old! Makes me want to scream.  I'm dragging her there anyways!  I'm tired of shouting so mom can hear me.  I'm amazed I have not lost my voice! Her glasses she is wearing are over 10 years old.  Past time for a new pair, these are so bad the coating is peeling off! 
Here's a shocker, more forms for the real estate attorney!  Could he not send them all at once!  Does he not realize it is a ton of work to get them signed!  I have to fill out the form and take it to mom, explain what it is and pretend I know why it has to be signed!  For all I know I am giving them my firstborn! LOL! 
I have changed when I go see mom!  I go later!  When I went after my walk the majority of the time was spent watching her eat!  I have things to do for her and myself.  I am so far behind it is not funny! I think I will never catch up! 
I cleaned out mom's jewelry box yesterday so hubby could take it back to Columbia.  It reeks!  Cigarette smoke and more!  Garage already smells better! That's where it was stored.  I have run out of house!  
Hubby is in SC, to mow the grass at the house and lake house also meet with estate guy who cancelled today due to car trouble.  Hubby is arranging another time.  They will take the stuff and "liquidate" it.  Whatever he needs to do to get rid of it!  I will hire a company to haul off the rest of the stuff, that he will not sell! Or get a U-Haul and haul it to the dump.  If any! 
We are progressing on the sale of the lake house! Slowly! 
Sara came home yesterday, she had her eye appointment this morning, and Luke will come home tonight he has a routine dentist appointment in the morning! Sara went with me last night to visit mom.  Luke will go after his appointment in the morning!  I, for who knows what reason, will take him to his appointment and to see mom.  I wonder if it's just to spend time with me?  He has missed me! 
I almost had the house to myself, Alex is dog sitting until Sunday.  If Luke had not had the appointment I would be alone!  I am ready for a bit of alone time!  
That is my exciting life!  I do hope it will slow down.  I think it will get better once the lake house is finally sold! 
After my walk this morning, I pulled some of the canes from the daylilies, and watered my indoor plants!  So exciting!  Felt good to do it though!  Then I got ready to go see mom.  I'm home, and dealing with paperwork.  I don't even have a real paying job and have to deal with incessant paperwork! 
I actually have a supper plan today.  I'm going to cook!  Tacos!  Easy enough to do!  I'm for simple right now! 
Need to go.  I have written a book!  Later my Friends! 

7/13/2023 3:17 pm  #40

Judy, I have that problem with Manda not cashing checks. Now she can deposit them with her phone, so she’s better at it. 

My crockpot applesauce barbecue chicken came out really good, He had 2 helpings, and there’s a little left for his lunch. I’ll move it to the recipes I’ve made binder.

Board footera