OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:27 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 9 ~ SAT JULY 15

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/09/2023 12:53 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 9 ~ SAT JULY 15

bringing this up

Have a wonderful Sunday !

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/09/2023 5:33 am  #3

No rain again.  They keep predicting it but nothing.  We will have to our a hose in the pool because the level has dropped.

7/09/2023 9:24 am  #4

JUST WANTED TO SAY GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.  HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.  WILL CHECK IN LATER.
HUGS, QB S

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/09/2023 9:25 am  #5

=19.5pxJust a quick Good Morning, Jamie and Kendra are here so need to be visiting with them.  It is very still this morning, 60* outside and sunny.  Beautiful morning!!  Kendra is in the shower, Frank is still in bed and Jamie is wandering around. It is 8:23 am at the moment.  

I need to run and visit with my family.  They'll be going home today, so want to spend some time with them.  Have really enjoyed having them here.  Hope you are all well, will check in tomorrow!  Love, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (7/09/2023 9:26 am)

7/09/2023 2:38 pm  #6

It’s so hot and humid, and the party was outside, under a tent top. Kenzie was surprised, which was good. 

I got to chat with my great niece Tori, and my nephew Kevin and his fiancée Trihn. It’s looking like a storm later. 

I did a blog post, put up a pic of the finished Dahlia afghan. And Tori told me how she uses the Afghan I made her every day, which is rewarding to hear. 

7/09/2023 5:29 pm  #7

Today was our hottest day so far this year, 94 degrees. It's 86 right now at 7:15. I spent the day with Greg; it was Carter's weekend with his Mom.

It was supposed to rain at 7:00 pm, but no rain. We've had a lot of rain, but would especially like a little now to cool things off. 

I haven't wanted to do any embroidery or sewing at all. I got so frustrated by the puckers in the fabric and haven't solved that issue yet. My machine is still unplugged since our cruise in April. One suggestion on You Tube was to use T-pins on the outside edges so your fabric can't pull. I bought some of those.

I watched one guy on You Tube yesterday do a small embroidery on a tee shirt. He used a piece of fabric for the back and no stabilizer. It looked nice, but it still had puckers. I have two small embroideries I want to put on shirts for Gary. I'm going to find some old shirts to practice on. 

Dee, my dog groomer, will be here tomorrow to bathe Sandy and groom her. She will be back Tuesday to do Mollie and Gracie.

I almost tripped over Sandy on the patio. That would have been a bad fall on concrete. I'll be more careful when I let them out.

eta: Holly, just looked at your afghan. It's another beauty. This is one my niece made. She lives in Ohio. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/09/2023 5:46 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/09/2023 7:16 pm  #8

Devonne, that’s beautiful! I love the colors! 

I’ve spend hours going thru recipes that I’ve saved and printed. I have two binders, one for things I’ve tried and one for things I want to try. I put them all in page protectors, and sorted by category. Got rid of a big stack of duplicates and things I no longer want to try. It was one of the summer projects I wanted to do, and I’m happy to be done.

7/09/2023 7:55 pm  #9

HI!

SORRY TO HAVE BEEN MIA. WISH I COULD SAY THAT IT WAS JUSE TO HOUSECLEANING AND GETTING THINGS DONE. NOT!

WE DID HAVE SOME MUCH NEEDED RAIN TODAY. YEAH! PUT SOME WATER ON THE POTS THAT DON''T GET RAIN ON THEM.

DGS#1 IS IN PROCESS OF MOVING INTO A RENTED HOUSE. THEY HAVE BEEN STAYING WITH BARBARA SINCE THEY GAVE UP APARTMENT IN LYNCHBURG. THEY HAVE BOTH BEEN WORKING HERE FOR A WHILE. GLSF YHRY EILL NOW BE HERE.

WE HAVE BEEN IN A HEATWAVE. A FEW DAYS OF BELOW 90 IS WELCOME, BUT 88 OR89 IS NOT A LOT COOLER.

BEHIND ON READING. READ MOST OF LAST WEEK BUT NOT MUCH FROM THE WEEK BEFORE THAT. WILL TRY TO KEEP UP THIS WEEK.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/10/2023 10:22 am  #10

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is so very still out at 9:07am.  Not a breath of air moving.  I don't seem to have any energy this morning, did my exercises, took Frank his coffee and I'm sitting here, what a day!!!

It seems to still outside, not a bit of air movement!  It is 60*, so not very warm.  Well, Tracy just called and there is now air movement outside.  So strange, goes from being totally still to having lots of air movement.  I don't have any plans for the day, will likely just watch TV.  Seems I have nothing more to say so will just sign off and wish you all a wonderful day, BJ.

7/10/2023 11:31 am  #11

The forecast wasn't teasing us...it finally rained last night at 9 pm, instead of 7 pm; not as much this time.

Have the Roomba going. It's one of the best gifts I've ever received from Greg. He buys really good gifts. He bought me an Ott floor light years ago and I just love it. I broke the bulb when I moved & the replacement I got isn't as bright as the original. My oldest sister was having trouble seeing to pay her bills so I bought her a table model Ott light. She loved it.

My groomer is on the way so not sure how much she will get done today.

Linda, is your son still living with you? How is Darrell doing? 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/10/2023 11:32 am)

D e v o n n e

7/10/2023 11:53 am  #12

YES, SON IS STILL WITH US  A VERY GOOD THING WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING. DARRELL'S MEMORY IS REALLY GETTING WORSE. HAS A LOT OF TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THINGS, COPING ETC. THANKS FOR ASKING.

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/10/2023 12:35 pm  #13

ITS ANOTHER RAINY DAY HERE.  I WATCHED THE FIREFIGHTERS FLUSHING THEIR PUMPERS AND HAVING LUNCH UNDER A MARQUEE (TENT).  NO CALENDAR PINUPS I'M AFRAID.
MY SON WAS ABLE TO GET ALL ON MY GROCERY LIST.  ON SUNDAYS THEY ARE RESTOCKED FOR THE WEEK'S NEW SALES.  I GOT SOME GOOD MEAT DEALS ON SALE THIS WEEK.  ALSO A WATERMELON AND SEEDLESS GRAPTES.  HE BROUGHT HOME A BOX OF DEVIL DOGS (8) SO I SHARED WITH NEIGHBORS.  I CAN'T EAT THEM ALL BEFORE THEY GO STALE.  MY NEIGHBOR NAN HAD NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE.  SHE WAS RAISED IN CHICAGO AND LIVED IN KODIAK ALASKA FOR SOME YEARS.  
I GOT ANOTHER NEIGHBOR TO COME PLAY BINGO WITH US TOMORROW.  MY FRIEND MICHELE WILL BE TRYING IT OUT THIS WEEK.  I TOLD HER THE RULES, ETC AND THE TIME TO BE THERE.  I HOPE SHE LIKES IT.  I WILL BRING A ROLL OF QUARTERS SINCE SHE MAY NEED TO CHANGE SOME PAPER MONEY.

DEVONNE........I HOPE YOU FIGURE OUT A WAY TO ELLIMINATE WRINKLES IN YOUR EMBROIDERY PROJECTS.  IT MUST BE GAULING.
I HOPE SANDY DID WELL HAVING HER GROOMING.
YOUR NIECE'S AFGHAN IS LOVELY.  I LIKE WHEN THERE IS A PATTERN TO THE AFGHANS.  AND PRETTY COLORS SHE CHOSE, TOO.

HOLLY.......GLAD YOU GOT YOUR RECIPES IN ORDER.  I KEEP MINE IN 2 RECIPE BOXES.  SOME ARE FAVORITES OF COURSE AND I DO THEM OVER AND OVER.  SOME TAKE MORE TIME AND LATELY I PREFER THE QUICK RECIPES.

LINDA.....YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A SON STAYING WITH YOU NOW THAT THINGS ARE GETTING IFFY, ESPECIALLY WITH DEAR HUSBAND.  IT SOUNDS LIKE HE IS HAVING MORE ISSUES.,

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT DEAR FRIENDS.  I WISH YOU ALL A NICE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/10/2023 12:45 pm)

7/10/2023 1:16 pm  #14

Sandra, like your neighbor, I have never eaten a devil dog. In fact, I’ve never heard of them. After looking it up, I don’t think I would have any problem eating all of them before they go stale! 

Lynn had her first chemo treatment last Wednesday and had very little side effects. Hopefully, the rest won’t be too bad but she knows that the side effects often get a little worse with each one. She has an appointment at a wig shop tomorrow.  Her friend is going with her to help her choose color and style so it will look as natural as possible.

Our church is having vacation Bible school every evening this week. I don’t feel up to teaching but am going to help with record keeping and counting offering. Our regular Sunday morning offerings are mostly checks so counting that is pretty quick and easy. The VBS offerings will mostly be coins so will take longer. Our regular Sunday attendance is around 150 but we will probably have at least that many kids come to VBS. We have a reputation of having great times at VBS so lots of kids in the community who don’t attend another church come to our VBS.

7/10/2023 1:49 pm  #15

Mary Lou, we're having VBS this week, too.  300 kids.  I helped when my kids were little.  Then, we had it for two very long weeks.    Am not a kid person, so gave that up.  Think it might have something to do with being an only child.  I loved VBS when I was kid but was always worried that Grandpa would forget to pick me up, not at the church, but where I was dropped off at our  little rural grocery store.  He would have, too, but Grandma kept him in line.  That store?  Mr. Gebert owned  it and  you didn't pick out your own stuff.  He gathered it for you from your list and used a long handled claw to reach the top shelves.  I loved to go with Gramp.  He was always good for a treat!  I don't think Mr. Gebert liked kids, either!  
We have Devil Dogs.  A bit too chocolatey for me.  Howard, of course, loves them.  Actually I haven't seen them for a long time?????     

Linda, I'm glad, too, that your son lives with you still.  Sometimes things work out just as they should...in the long run.   These are the lazy days of summer.  We should all enjoy them and worry about the work when it's cooler and less humid.  Right? 

QB, glad Matt and Daphne are back.  I'll bet he  was a sight for sore eyes.  Nice that he was able to get everything you wished for.  

Yesterday, after church, we all (18 of us) ate at Viking Chili Bowl.  Several of us got omelets.  Howard had biscuits and gravy (good old Southern boy).  He made a belt for one of the men that turned out to be too small.  Why?  Because Gordon measured an old belt of his that he could no long wear.  He was embarassed.  Howard has already made another for him this morning.  Like everything, goes faster when he's just made one.  The good thing is they wanted another one made to give their son for his birthday and the 1st belt will fit him.    
My week has a few differences.  Wed. I'm going with friend, Bobbie, to The Schoolhouse Shop to look for a fancy top to go with her fancy new pants.  She, and her 3 girl cousins are going on a cruise around Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, etc. in August.  Paid for all of them  (mind you!) by one cousin's husband.  They've done this annually for some years--have been to many places in the USA, never abroad.  They've all paid their own way before except he has always given each of them a bit of money to spend.  Obviously, he's quite wealthy and this is something he wants to spend it on.  We'll probably have lunch out, too, if we have time.  She needs to be home by 1:45 so her hubbie can have the car.  Friday, is our small group study and lunch.  I have to bring garlic bread.  Easy peasy!

With that, I close.  Have a nice remainder of the day.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/10/2023 2:14 pm)

7/10/2023 7:55 pm  #16

The afghan I pictured above was made by my great niece. I love the colors too! My sister, Kay, died in 2007 from bone cancer. Her only daughter, Frances, died Friday and she was my niece. We didn't stay in touch so I don't know what was wrong with her. She's been on oxygen for years. I saw it posted on FB she had died. She had 5 grown daughters (by two different men, never married). My sister and her husband raised all of the girls. Kay had a hard life.

Linda, that's good to hear your son is still there. It sucks getting old, doesn't it? Sorry about Darrell's memory losses.

Judy, you got off easy peasy with only garlic bread. My very favorite are New York garlic knots in the freezer. 

Sandra, glad Matt was able to get everything on your list. I've never heard of a Devil Dog so looked it up. It would be a hit with me!

No one got groomed today. She got here late and had to leave early to take her dog to the vet. She will be back tomorrow. I need to leave so she will get all of them done, lol. We talk too much. I'll head to Walmart, get another watermelon and cash to pay her. She will take a check, but doesn't cash them as fast as I like. 

D e v o n n e

7/11/2023 9:55 am  #17

Good Morning, I'm feeling really lazy this morning, it is  very still outside, some sun occasionally.  Frank is taking Elly to the groomer this morning, then he is going to coffee with the guys, they are celebrating a birthday, with coffee and doughnuts.  Sounds like a good time.  I think Sharon is coming today to clean up and put clean sheets on the bed.  Not sure what else she is doing, but she'll find plenty to do today.

Just took a break to visit with Frank, he is getting ready to take Elly to groomer, then go to coffee with the guys. One of them is having a birthday and is providing doughnuts for them.   A very nice thing to do.

Well, my fixer from the shop just showed up, so I have to run. Love you all, BJ.

7/11/2023 9:57 am  #18

Devonne, I just called my grocery store about Garlic Knots.  The customer service girl actually walked to where they are to check for me.  I think I'll take those on Friday.  Can you believe, I've never fixed up garlic bread, myself.  Everybody seems to sort of pride themselves on doing the easiest thing they can for these gatherings, ie, buying salads at the deli, so...why not?
Wow, what a story about your sister, Kay.  Reminds me of some church friends whose drug-addicted daughter had a boy and then a girl, two different fathers, in jail much of the time for dealing so they have raised both of these kids since they were babies.  The little girl's father was of Hispanic descent and Linda sometimes called Lana her little frijole.  (bean)  This situation changed their lives, of course.  

Andrew made his 2nd trip from his apt. at Notre Dame yesterday with a load of his belongings.  It was a furnished apt. so he doesn't have furniture to deal with, just his clothes and his kitchen stuff.  You know him--the Italian "chef"!  All his friends are doing the same (going home) until each of them gets established in their new apts. and their new jobs.  So, we'll have him home for the rest of the summer.  Then, it will finally be all over and he'll be on his own. /like everything else in life.

It's 11 am here so time for me to get busy. 
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (7/11/2023 10:00 am)

7/11/2023 10:17 am  #19

NICE DAY TODAY.  SHOULD HIT THE MID 80S.  WE GOT 1 3/4" OF RAIN YESTERDAY SO ANOTHER DAY NOT HAVING TO WATER MY GARDEN.  ITS LOOKING GOOD.  LOTS OF BLOSSOMS. 
I HAD MY RECERTIFICATION FOR INCOME ETC SO THEY CAN RAISE MY RENT IN NOV.  SINCE I GOT A NICE SOC. SEC. RAISE, WHICH I WAS ENJOYING, THEY WILL TAKE A GOOD PORTION OF IT AWAY IN NOV. WHEN MY RENT HIKE COMES THRU.  THEY BASE IT ON THE GROSS AMOUNT WHICH IS BEFORE DEDUCTING THE MEDICARE COSTS AND NOT THE AMOUNT OF THE CHECK YOU ACTUALLY CAN SPEND.  DARN IT.
I THINK I WILL TRY TO TIGHTEN MY BELT.  EAT LESS JUNK AND GOODIE FOODS.  SMALLER PORTIONS ARE NEEDED SO I AM BREAKING OUT MY BLUE PERIWINKLE CHINA PLATES.  THEY ARE SMALLER THAN MY USUAL DINNER PLATE.  INSTEAD OF 2 HAMBURGERS I'LL EAT ONE AT A MEAL.  THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I COOK AND IT TASTES DARN GOOD TO ME, I USUALLY HAVE TO HAVE SECONDS. THAT JUST HAS TO STOP.  I WONDER IF I CAN STICK TO IT.  TIME WILL TELL.

IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE IS BUSY, BUSY WITH THEIR LIVES.  SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENING HITHER AND YON.  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/11/2023 10:18 am)

7/11/2023 11:15 am  #20

Good news for a change from Florida! John was approved for two weeks (initially) at a different rehab, one his home PT likes. He’ll have PT/OT for 4 hours a day. They will transport him tomorrow. He sounds really positive about it. Fingers crossed. 

Judy, will Andrew be working near home? 

I was seeing the video of the flooding in NY, VT and NH. Janet, is it anywhere near your son? 

Steph is in Salt Lake City for work for a few days, I think she’s having a meeting with the FEMA people who report to her. 

Board footera