OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/18/2023 9:53 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 16 ~ SAT JULY 22

ANOTHER HOT DAY HERE.  EXPECTING 88 DEGREES AGAIN TODAY.  MY GARDEN CHECKED OUT JUST FINE   I PICKED MY FIRST SWEET PEPPER AND HAD IT IN MY GOULASH I MADE LAST NITE.  SHARED WITH MY NEIGHBOR NEXT DOOR.  HE ALWAYS APPRECIATES MY COOKING.

DEVONNE......I, LIKE YOU, MADE MY TUNA.  IT WAS A NICE CHANGE.  WHEN I AM IN A RUSH I MAKE MYSELF A PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH......ONE SLICE SLATHERED WITH P. B. AND NO 2ND SLICE.  I LIKE TO TASTE THE STUFF AND NO JELLY.

DIANE.....NICE TO SEE YOU CHECKING IN.  HOPE THINGS KEEP ROLLING YOUR WAY,

SAN......HOW IS ELMER?

NOTHING MUCH DOING TODAY.  THE USUAL.  I HAVE BEEN CHECKING MY BP AND HOW ITS WORKING SINCE I STOPPED TAKING THE FLUID PILLS.  I KNOW THEY HAVE US TAKE THEM TO HELP KEEP THE BP LOWER.  WELL, I FIND THAT MAKING A TRIP TO THE OUTHOUSE EVERY HOUR OR 2 SO DARN TIRING.  I WOULD SAY SOMETHING STRONGER BUT WANT YOU TO THINK I AM A LADY, LOL.  IT ALSO PRESENTS THE PROB OF NOT MAKING IT IN TIME WHEN I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING.  I HATE THE RESULT.  ANYWAY I STOPPED TAKING THEM THE 15TH.  MY BP IS DOING JUST FINE AND SO AM I.  NOT GOING EVERY COUPLE HOURS IS SO PLEASANT.  I WAS SURPRISED I LASTED 4 1/2 HOURS A FEW TIMES.  I AM CROSSING MY FINGERS THE BP CONTINUES TO DO OKAY.  I REALLY, HATE, HATE, HATE THOSE FLUID PILLS.

OTHER THAN THAT I AM THE USUAL.  SOME DAYS BETTER THAN OTHERS.  THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS I COOK A LARGE AMOUNT OF FOOD SO I CAN EAT LEFTOVERS AND NOT HAVE TO COOK A DAY OR TWO.  WHEN I FEEL A BIT ROCKY I CAN LEAVE THE COOKING FOR ANOTHER DAY.
SPEAKING OF COOKING, I HAVE SOME PORK CHOPS DEFROSTED BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL COOK THEM TIL TOMORROW.  I HAVE TUNA SALAD AND GOULASH TO FINISH OFF.

HAVE A PLEASANT DAY EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (7/18/2023 9:58 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/18/2023 10:02 am  #22

Good Morning, it is 8:52 here right now, so just getting started on my day.   I slept until nearly 8 this morning, couldn't believe it, but it's true!!  Sharon should be here in a few minutes.  Don't have any ambition this morning, just totally lazy!  It is a beautiful morning, only 60*, but I have a feeling it's going to be hot.  May try to take a walk early, my legs are getting worse, did my exercises this morning.  They must help a little.  Not a leaf is stirring outside.

Sorry these messages are so rum-drum, can't seem to think straight in the morning, so just ramble on.  I'd love to be able to clean my house, there are so many things that are out of place,  hate it, but it seems to have to stay this way.  Well, Sharon just arrived, she's going to make me some French Toast, yum.  So I had better run and visit with her.  Hope everyone is doing well, BJ

7/18/2023 12:13 pm  #23

BJ- not so “rum-drum”. You sound great.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/18/2023 2:44 pm)

7/18/2023 12:18 pm  #24

In a nutshell, a big one, lol…our weekend trip….82+ acres of 1962-2023 Chrysler, Dodges approximate count 3200 and 20,00+ spectators each day…coupled with temps in the high 90’s and 98% humidity, and no shade. 🔥.but he loves it and I get out of the house and don’t have yo shop, cook nor clean for 3 days. 😊

Last edited by Missmommy (7/18/2023 5:16 pm)

7/18/2023 2:44 pm  #25

Morning all

Got to be quick

THERESA thinking of you each day, hope you cn offload things ASAP, it does take time (((hugs)))

SANDRA you are very well organised, great idea to cook when you may have some issues, keep an eye on that BP, hope it stays down (((hugs)))

DEVONNE good advice for STRINGS, check out what may/may not be allowed. I guess they want you to spend the money there LOL

JANET not my idea of fun, that heat is awful, although we have done it in Europe, so I guess anything is OK if you want to, it was 100  or so most days when we were there once, we survived LOL

I was up early, now just waiting for him to be ready, we are heading out in a few minutes, I'll have the iPad with me

Apparently one brother is already there, and one MAY be flying with us today, they sure keep their plans to themselves LOL no worries for me, I just booked where we wanted. 

Pretty cold this morning, got everything done yesterday, so tire last night I fell asleep early, then woke in the early hours, hope to sleep on the plane, although it's only a couple hours.

See you later, remind me to tell you about me skipping LOL too funny!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/18/2023 3:24 pm  #26

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly Yes, I am ready to scream! 
Janet it's a title and cannot be signed electronically! 
Trish each day gets a bit closer! 
I got my walk done early, knew it would be a hot one!  Home, got ready to take mom to nickel Bingo, but her hair had not been done so had to wait on that and missed BINGO!  Communication at this place is awful!  Wish they would talk to each other and not assume!  Mom had her hair cut on June 23rd, and they cut it on her first hair appointment at the new place, just a week later!!!!!  The facility is making appointments for mom and not consulting me, meanwhile I am doing appointments and have to backtrack to make sure they are not at the same time!  Also not the same type of medical care!  I have just as much work as I did when I was in Columbia.  
I know I am still in a learning curve with them, but when I say she just had her hair cut on the 23rd, that didn't mean cut it again! 
I have a junk removal appointment scheduled for the 28th.  We're getting Sara to take over mom duty.  She will gladly do it! 
As far as the title, that has to be signed, now it does not have to be notarized!  These people need to make up their minds.  I have enough on my plate without them adding extra stress, needless stress!  They are quick to respond if they want paperwork filled out but slow to respond for questions.  I think they answer emails at the end of the day!  When you cannot send a reply, or can but they won't see it till the next day! 
Need to go pull stuff for supper.  I have so much cheese, we are eating it in one fashion or another.  We had cheese here and are clearing out the fridge in Columbia, with each trip.  This last trip was mostly cheese.  The only thing left are essentials, jam/jelly, butter, mustard, mayo, and ketchup!  So almost totally empty!  
Nothing else exciting in my life.  Done with legal drama! It should be over soon!  
Later my Friends! 

7/18/2023 3:45 pm  #27

Theresa, can’t they overnight it to you, so you can sign it and overnight it back? 

Easy dinner, dippy eggs and bacon. Tomorrow morning our housecleaning lady comes for her monthly visit. 

7/18/2023 4:18 pm  #28

I'm back safely.  Guess whose idea it was to go to San Antonio in July?  Guess who complained about how hot it was?  Guess who is so obese that she can't walk more than 30 feet without stopping?  Yep, that would be my sister.  There isn't any way to go from the hotel to the Alamo (four blocks) other than walking.  There isn't any way to get to the restaurants on the Riverwalk (four to five blocks) without walking.  It was a loooonnnnngggg two days.  

Guess who wants to go to Italy next spring?  Guess who doesn't think that's a good idea?  

She leaves tomorrow.  I will be happy to have my house and meal menus to myself again.  I love her dearly, but this has been a rough week.  

I'll come back tomorrow and read.  I need to get someone out of my kitchen.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

7/18/2023 4:39 pm  #29

BJ, it's ok for you to be "totally lazy." Let others wait on you!

Sandra, glad you liked the tuna idea. I also like it on toasted bread. I haven't bought a "regular" loaf of bread in months. I did find "Carb Out" on the bread aisle, which I really like. It's oval shaped, more like a tortilla. I use almond flour crackers with tuna salad, which I get at Costco. When I was in high school, we would go "off the hill" to the drugstore/fountain for lunch. I always got tuna salad with crackers. I like to use a big red tomato, slice the top in 8 sections (not all the way thru), fill it with tuna salad, and put on a bed of lettuce. Makes a really nice looking delicious lunch.

Janet, thanks! There is a Kroger 15 miles from me. NO SHADE?? Would be heatstroke time for me, lol.

Linda, well, darn it! I made this tee shirt for him to wear while at Disney. The designs must be a contract between Brother and Disney. I'll warn him about the consequences. Maybe he can take an extra shirt, lol. 

I went to Carter's open house today. Really, really nice and BIG middle school. They offer band, chorus and orchestra! I was impressed! He will have his own locker for the first time. We picked Holly (ex wife) up & she rode with us. Greg is much nicer to her than she is him, but he does this for Carter, not her. It lasted 3 1/2 hours! We had a nice tour of the school and two presentations in the auditorium. We went to Mellow Mushroom afterwards. I found out they have really good salads!  Carter acted differently in front of her...more childish and silly...wonder why?? 
Carol, glad you can get back to your normal life now!

I'm going to finish my salad now, rest for an hour, then do another embroidery. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/18/2023 5:09 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/18/2023 8:04 pm  #30

SORRY DEVONNE. JUST WANTED TO WARN YOU. YOU HAVE THE MACHINE THAT HAS THE DESIGNS ON YOUR MACHINE. THEY TREATED THIS LADY LIKE SHE HAD BROKEN THEIR COPYRITE LAW. MAYBE NOW THEY ARE AWARE OF THE MACHINES THAT HAVE THE DESIGNS AND YOU ARE NOT A CRIMINAL. MAYBE HAVE SOME PIX ON A PHONE OF YOUR MACHINE AND THE DESIGNS AS PROOF. DISNEY DOESN'T WANT ANYONE RECREATING THEIR PROPERTY.  I AM SURE THEY WOULD PREFER YOU BUY THEIR SHIRTS..

ADDED TUNA TO MACARONI SALAD FOR SUPPER TONIGHT. WOULD HAVE USED SHRIMP IF HAD THAT INSTEAD. LIKE TUNA MELT SANDWICHES.. TOASTED BREAD, A LITTLE MAYO,, TUNA AND SWISS CHEESE. BAKED IN TOASTER OVEN UNTIL WARN
M AND CHEES MELTED A BIT. WILL USE AMERICAN OR OYHR TYPE IF OUT OF SWISS. Open face.

Last edited by strings (7/18/2023 8:04 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/19/2023 8:49 am  #31

ANOTHER SUNNY DAY WITH LOW 80S EXPECTED.  NICE.  ME, I WILL BE STAYING INDOORS PER USUAL EXCEPT FOR A QUICK TRIP TO MY GARDEN TO CHECK IT OUT.  MORE RAIN COMING FRIDAY SO NO NEED TO WATER BUT I THINK I WILL TIE UP A FEW TOMATO BRANCHES THAT ARE GETTING OUT OF CONTROL.

CAROL......AT LEAST YOU GOT TO SEE YOUR SISTER.  ITS GOOD YOU DID NOT COMPLAIN THOUGH YOU HAD GOOD REASON.  NICE TO KEEP COMMUNICATIONS OPEN WITH SIBLINGS WHEN YOU CAN.

THERESA......I HOPE THINGS SETTLE DOWN FOR YOU SOON.  AND THAT YOU AND MOM'S HOME CAN COMMUNICATE BETTER.  

TRISH......WISHING YOU A SAFE TRIP WHEN YOU GO. 

LINDA......ITS A GOOD THING TO PASS ALONG THAT DISNEY INFO.  IT MAY PREVENT A PROBLEM AT THE PARK.  
GLAD YOU ARE FINDING OTHER WAYS TO MAKE A MEAL.  DIVERSITY IS GOOD. 

DEVONNE......WE LIKE SOME OF THE SAME THINGS BUT YOUR MENUS ARE NOT ANYTHING LIKE MINE.  I AM A REGULAR MEAT AND POTATOES KIND OF GAL AND YOU GO FOR THE UNUSUAL, YOU AND JANET.  I HOPE THE FOOD CHOICES WORK OUT FOR YOU.

I FOUND ANOTHER NICE RECIPE ON UTUBE THAT LOOKS EASY AND GOOD.  IT CALLS FOR CHICKEN BREASTS AND PASTA, TWO THINGS I LOVE.  WHEN I TRY IT I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT COMES OUT.  I HAVE TO BUY THE PENNE PASTA FIRST.  IT WON'T WORK WITH SHELLS NOR ELBOWS I DON'T THINK WHICH ARE WELL STOCKED IN MY CUPBOARD.

ITS BINGO NITE TONITE.  I HOPE I CAN WIN A FEW MORE TIMES SO I GO HOME ON THE WINNING END.  ONE NEVER KNOWS HOW THINGS WILL TURN OUT AT BINGO.

I STILL HAVE A BIT OF TUNA SALAD AND GOULASH TO FINISH UP TODAY SO THE PORK CHOPS CAN WAIT TIL TOMORROW TO BAKE.  WITH BINGO I LIKE TO GET A VERY EARLY SUPPER EATEN AND CLEARED BEFORE I GO AT FIVE.  GOULASH WILL DO THE TRICK.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/19/2023 9:01 am)

7/19/2023 9:52 am  #32

Good Morning to everyone!  Hope you are all doing well!  I'm not very ambitious this morning, did get my exercises done and took Frank his coffee.  It feels quite warm inside the house, but it's only 62* outside.

It is very still outside, not a leaf is moving.  I have a Dr. appt. tomorrow, so Rhonda and I will be on the road for a bit.  Not sure why he wants to see me, but I will see if he can remove the growth on my left shoulder.

I sure wish the aftereffects of the stroke I had months ago would go away.  Difficult to think clearly and talk effectively, but I guess time will help, sure hope so!  Sure hope Tracy's after effects of Covid will soon be gone, miss her a lot.

Think I will sign off now, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

7/19/2023 12:25 pm  #33

Carol, what a trip! 
Powerball lottery is a billion! Drawing tonight, Ralph just left to go get a ticket and lunch. I texted the kids that if we win, they each get their own million. 

Housecleaner was here first thing, the house looks great. After she left, we both napped. 

Today is Amary’s birthday, she’s 10. I remember being ten, it seemed so old, LOL. 

7/19/2023 1:43 pm  #34

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMARY!

DEVONNE, SORRY THAT I RAINED ON YOUR PARADE. JUST WANTED TO WARN YOU. THE LADY THAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT HAD TO PROVE HER INNONSCENCE. DISN'Y DIDN'T HAVE TO PROVE HER QUILT. SHE HAD TO PROVE THAT SHE DIDN'T ILLEGALLY DESIGN THE EMBROIDERY BEFORE THEY WOULD LET THEM IN THE PARK. DON'T KNOW HOW SHE MANAGED THAT. AS I SAID DISNEY ZEALOUSLY GUARDS THEIR COPYRITES. HOPE NOW THAT THE PARK RELAZIES THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE MACHINES THAT HAVE DISNEY EMBROIDERY DESIGNS ON THAT AND THAT THE MACHINE OWNERS HAVE DONE NOTHING WONG.  THE WOMAN SID SHE WASN'T TREATED VERY WELL. HOPE THEY HAVE FUN THERE.

LAST TUESDAY GOT A HAIRCUT. NOT A VERY GOOD ONE BUT IT WILL GROW FAST. THEN SIS AND I WENT TO A PRODUCE STAND AND GOT SOME GREAT FRESH PRODUCE. WISH I HAD SOME THIS WEEK AS WELL. REALLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING I GOT. CANTALOPE, WATERMELON, GREEN BEANS, UYELLOW SQUASH, CUCUMBERS, GREEN PEPER AND SEVERAL TOMATOES. 

ON THURSDAY, WENT TO SEWING GUILD MEETING. HAD NOT BEEN IN ABOUT A YEAR. SOME NEW MEMBERS AND SOME THAT I KNEW WERE NOT THERE. DGS#1'S INTENDED MAY JOIN SINCE SHE WANTS TO LEARN TO SEW. HOPE THEY WILL START ANOTHER NEW BEGINNING SEWING GROUP. THEY HAVE MOVED HERE SO SHE CAN GO TO MEETINGS. THEY ARE STILL GETTING SETTLED IN THEIR HOUSE THEY ARE RENTING. MAYBE I CAN HELP HER SOME. WILL BE GLAD TO LOAN HER A MACHINE AND CAN CERTAINLY GIVE HER SOME SUPPLIES.

LAST SATU8RDAY, BARBARA, AND I ALONG WITH DGS AMD OMTEMDED DOD SP,E SJP[[OMG/ GPT WORN OUT BUT WE DID WELL FOR SOME OF THEIR NEEDED THINGS. I WAS STILL TUCKERED OUT ON SUNDAY.

WE HAVE HAD SOME RAIN, SO HAVE NOT HAD TO WATER PLANTS EXCEPT THE ONES THAT DON'T GET THE RAIN. TOMATOES HAVE A BLIGHT OR SOMETHING. HAVE A SPAY THAT I HOPE WILL STOP IT. TRIED TO SPRAY SOME WEEDS BUT SPRAYER WOULDN'T WORK. STOLE SOME BATTERIES FROM GLASH LIGHT AND REMOTE AND STILL WOULDN'T WORK. THE OLD BATTERIES HAD CORRRODED.  DRAT.

STILL HAVEN'T READ LAST WEEK'S POSTS. KEEPING UP THIS WEEK, SO FAR.

HOT AND HUMID. TODAY ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE IN HIGH 80s, BT WEEJEBD SOME LESS HUMIDITY.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/19/2023 3:12 pm  #35

Trish, safe travels. Hugs!

Linda, I'm so glad you told me. I'll tell Gary tomorrow when I take him his shirts. I need to kill weeds too. The Ortho Groundclearance (in the white bottle) works good because I can aim it at the weeds and miss my plants. It comes with a built in battery and a pump. I don't know yet if it kills it for good, or the weeds will come back.

My embroidery machine has been doing great! I've accomplished a lot in the last week. I thought I did a major boo boo on his 2nd shirt this morning. It looked like I had caught the bottom of the shirt in the embroidery design. I left it on the floor to deal with later! Luckily, I had pinned it to keep it out of the way. Moved the pin and it was fine. That would have meant I needed to remove embroidery thread and I would have had a big problem. Once you take it out of the hoop, it's almost impossible to line it up again. Whew! 
I fixed tuna salad again today. I had grapes I needed to use. Put too much mayo in it and had to add another can of tuna. Had a little cup of peaches for dessert.

I found two poke cake recipes on You Tube. I love a little dessert. One uses strawberry sugar free jello and the other is a coconut cream poke cake. Not sure which one I'll make, but I need groceries first. Have you ever made a poke cake? 

Sandra, I used to be a meat and potatoes gal. About a year ago, I wanted to lower my carbs. I don't buy potatoes nor pasta. I use the zucchini spiral (in the freezer) to replace the pasta. I add pasta sauce and fresh parmesan cheese. Sometimes I add beef. I gave up sodas. I do buy Zevia drinks, but they have no sugar and no =26pxaspartame. They are sweetened with Stevia leaf extract. I also buy Vitamin Water Zero...no sugar and I only like the Acai Pomegranate flavor.  Watermelon has more carbs in it than I like, but I'm not giving up watermelon, lol. Just trying to eat healthier and lower my A1C.

BJ, I'll say a prayer for you that God will help you get better faster. I know how discouraged you must be. My sister gets discouraged because she can't remember things. 

Theresa, how are things going? How is your lemon tree doing? 

I watered my flowers and tomatoes last night. The tomatoes aren't doing great in the pots. I hope to plant some in the ground next year. I have 5 good sized tomatoes that are still green and a few cherry green tomatoes. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/19/2023 3:27 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/19/2023 6:52 pm  #36

Devonne, my .mom used to make a coconut cream poke cake. Everyone in the family who likes coconut loved it. I have made poke cake with Jello a few times. It makes a good summer dessert.

Lynn is still not having many side effects of chemo. Her third treatment was today. She’s feeling rather tired but that’s probably at least partly due to the emotional stress and trying to continue working as much as possible while still going to so many medical appointments. Her husband is being surprisingly helpful - taking her to appointments, cooking some meals, etc.

I’ll be heading to Hopkinsville, KY on Saturday to see Clarissa in a musical. There must be something big going on in the area because I almost couldn’t get a motel room - and it was higher than usual!

After getting only  about 1 1/2” of rain over the past 6 weeks, we got 4” overnight. Grass is greener and has grown as much today as in the whole past week.

7/19/2023 8:51 pm  #37

Funeral is in about an hour. His brother is staying in the same hotel, we had dinner and breakfast together, all is well so far. However his brother is expecting trouble from their younger brother - families !!

John got his drivers license yesterday, he’s pretty chuffed with himself, first go, and it’s a manual.

We have a wake after the service, so will return to our hotel and walk to another close by hotel for it.

using the iPad is not easy, I’ll check in later if I can.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/19/2023 8:53 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/20/2023 9:47 am  #38

Good Morning, I'm not very bright this morning.   Have to go to  Dr. this morning and have another Dr. doing a phone/computer visit.  Not sure what that's about, but I'll find out, I guess.

Hopefully, Tracy is over her Covid, if she is, she'll be by today.  I'm very excited to see her, been missing her.   I'm not feeling very bright this morning, just lazing around.  I'm dressed and ready to go to Dr. when Rhonda gets here to take me.  Have had breakfast but didn't do exercises as I knocked over my make-up basket in the bathroom and it took me forever to pick everything up, at least it's done, but it sure took the strength out of me.

I'm done here, can't think of a thing to say so will just sign off, wishing everyone well, BJ.

7/20/2023 11:36 am  #39

As seems usual for my life, I've had a flurry of activities since last week and therefore...not been here.  Have caught up with reading as of a few mins. ago.  I'll make it brief and, hopefully, quick.
Sunday:  Church, no lunch out with others.  Howard picked the end of the service to tell me he wasn't going--didn't feel well.  Yeah!  right!  Took me awhile to get over my disappointment  (and rage).  Finally, decided maybe eating out was more important to me than going to church and that isn't exactly right, either. 
Monday:  Day out with friend, Bobbie at the Schoolhouse Shop.  She is going on a Cape Cod/ Nantucket cruise and was able to find a few  different clothing items, not the same old stuff.  I was able to buy one sale item for her coming birthday and treat her to that.  Lunch on the plant and bird-filled terrace was slow and peaceful.  We had a wonderful, long over due outing.  
Tues:  Chiropractor appt., Lunch at Culver's with Howard (I'd forgiven him by then!  LOL) and RX pickup plus groceries at W-M. 
Wed:  was supposed to be a day at home but ML called and asked me to go to the farmer's market with her, then to her home for lunch and  to see Andrew and Bill and she showed me all her latest yard sale buys.
Thurs, today:  finally a real day at home and back here with you all...
I "miraculously" found my phone number list yesterday  after quite a few weeks of it gone missing, so called my friend, Shirley last night.  She's complaining as ever, but I love her, so...Life can be so disappointing for the elderly sidelined as she is.  

Holly, Happy Birthday to Amary.  Ten years?  Bless her heart.  I so remember when she was born.  I have both zucchini and blueberries so that bread is tempting.  I'm sure I can find a recipe online if I decide to make it.  
MaryLou, sounds like a fun weekend.  Glad Lynn is doing okay. There couldn't be much more of a way for her husband  to prove himself than this turn of events. Hope it all works out for them. 

The two times we went to Disney (CA and FL) were magical.  I'm so sad to see it, now.   Not being political, just disappointed, as with so many things in this world that have changed. Both times we went were totally unexpected.  Howard was traveling for work then and  I went with him and we had a week's vacation attached to a week of  work.  He, having lived in Calif. (Navy), gave me a choice for a day trip and I picked Disneyland. Same with Florida.  That must have been in the 80's.
I'd better quit, this is getting too long and I need to make up for not getting anything done yesterday.
So...later.  Good to hear what all you're doing.  
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (7/20/2023 11:45 am)

7/20/2023 11:36 am  #40

BJ......SOMETIMES DOING A BIT OF WORK IS ABOUT ALL THE EXERCISE I CAN TAKE SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.  HOPE YOUR DAY IMPROVES.

DEVONNE.......I NEVER MADE A POKE CAKE BUT HAVE SEEN THEM MADE ON COOKING CHALLENGES.  EITHER USING A SKEWER TO POKE AND WIDEN OR EVEN THE HANDLE OF A WOODEN SPOON, THEY MAKE ROOM TO ADD SOMETHING WITH FLAVOR OR CHOCOLATE OR SOME FRUITY GEL.  LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE TASTY THINGS.

TRISH......I HOPE THE FUNERAL GOES ALONG WITHOUT ANY HASSLES.  SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.

ANOTHER NICE DAY HERE WITH SUNSHINE.  I TIED UP SOME OF THE TOMATO BRANCHES AND ALSO HARVESTED THYME AND PARSLEY.  ALSO LEAF LETTUCE WHICH WAS ABOUT AT ITS END.  THE NASTURTIUMS ARE HUGE THIS YEAR.  LOTS OF LITTLE TOMS ON THE BRANCHES SO IT LOOKS LIKE AN ABUNDANT CROP FOR ME SOON.

I WATCHED AN OLD MURDER SHE WROTE AND ENJOYED SEEING IT AGAIN SO I THINK I WILL RECORD A FEW OF THE FIRST SHOWS.  I LOVED THE ONCES DONE FROM CABOT COVE BEST.  I TAKE TURNS WATCHING SOME OLDIES BUT GOODIES.  BEFORE THIS IT WAS SEVERAL NANNY PROGRAMS.

THE CHOPS AND VEGGIES ARE ON MY MENU TODAY ALONG WITH SOME CREAM OF CELERY SOUP.  IT SHOULD BE GOOD.  TOMORROW I PLAN ON MAKING MAC AND CHEESE FOR MY SON AND NEIGHBORS AND MYSELF.  A 13-INCH CASSEROLE SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/20/2023 11:44 am)

Board footera