OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:26 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 16 ~ SAT JULY 22

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/16/2023 12:13 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 16 ~ SAT JULY 22

BUMPING UP!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/16/2023 4:23 am  #3

GOOD MORNING!

SORRY, STILL HAVE NOY CAUGHT UP ON READING.

WENT TO BED EARLY, SO UP EARLY.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYETS...........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/16/2023 5:25 am  #4

We’re baaaack.  What a hot, hot time it was.  Back to catch up later.

7/16/2023 9:24 am  #5

Good morning, all.

I'm getting ready to go to San Antonio with my sister.  I'll be back on Tuesday, but I won't get here until after she leaves on Wednesday.  It's been an interesting week, to say the least. 

Y'all don't get into any trouble while I'm gone, ya hear?  If you do though, please share all of the fun details.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

7/16/2023 9:39 am  #6

WOULD YOU BELIEVE WE ARE UNDER A TORNADO WATCH?  IN OUR COUNTY AND THE ONE SOUTH OF US.  I GUESS THERE WAS A SCARE A BIT WEST OF US IN NH.  YES, WE GET A TORNADO NOW AND THEN BUT THEY ARE USUALLY SMALL WITH LITTLE DAMAGE.  WE ARE SO FULL OF TREES HERE.  NOT MUCH LAND THAT IS OPEN.  BUT SOMETIMES THE TREES GET KNOCKED OVER AND TODAY IS ONLY IN THE 70sF.  STILL, I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE SKY FOR CHANGES.  RIGHT NOW ITS JUST A SMOOTH DULL GRAY AND RAINING AND AS USUAL WE ARE UNDER FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS.  OUR RIVER IS TUMBLING, BUT NOT HIGH SO ALL IS WELL HERE.

ACTUALLY, TRISH, I TRIED THE QUICK COOK FRIES IN MY AIR FRYER WHEN I HAD MY CHICKEN.  IT ONLY TAKES 6-8 MINS BUT IT TAKES 10 MINS TO PREHEAT THE FRYER.  I FOUND THE CRINKLE CUT FRIES A BIT CRISPY.  YOU ALL KNOW ME BY NOW.  I LIKE THINGS SOFT, EVEN MY COOKIES.  CRISP FOR ME IS NOT IDEAL.  BUT THEY WERE GOOD WITH KETCHUP ON THEM SO NO COMPLAINTS.  I WOULD BUY THEM AGAIN.  I EVEN HAVE LEFTOVERS FOR TODAY.
ALSO FOR TODAY THE GROUND BEEF IS DEFROSTED.  I AM THINKING EITHER CHILI MAC OR GOULASH.  MAYBE GOULASH SINCE I DO NOT HAVE TO GRATE LOTS OF CHEESE FOR IT AND ITS EASIER TO MAKE.  I AM ALWAYS UP FOR EASY.
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME EVEN WITHOUT LADIES TO CHAT WITH.  TOO BAD ABOUT THE RAUNCHY COMMENTS.

JANET.......GLAD YOU ARE HOME SAFE.  I HOPE YOU ENJOYED SOME OF THAT CAR TRIP.

CAROL.......BE SAFE ON YOUR TRIP AND ENJOY IT.  ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE SOME SISTER TIME.

I SEE BJ WAS POSTING WHILE I WAS POSTING AND SUBMITTING AFTER EACH PARAGRAPH.  GLAD YOU ARE IMPROVING GIRL.  SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE COVID EXCHANGE FROM A FRIEND IN MAINE.  LUCKILY IT SEEMS THE BOUTS ARE NOT AS INTENSE AS THEY USED TO BE SINCE EVERYONE GETS VAXED.  I HOPE TRACY FEELS A LOT BETTER SOON.

HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/16/2023 9:59 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/16/2023 9:45 am  #7

Just a quick Good Morning, took my shower.  Just resting up from that now.   It is 66* at 8:37, very slight breeze.  Have absolutely no ambition this morning.  Tried to fall back to sleep after woke up at 6, but no luck.

Have no plans for the day, Tracy was here yesterday from the airport, with Tracy and Jamie, she tested herself and she has Covid, so they packed up and headed for home.  So sad.  She got it in Maine from a friend of her cousins.  She called her and told her so she could be prepared.  This friend? refused to go to Dr. or be tested or anything, she's a strange one.  Tracy was feeling pretty rough.  Put a mask on as soon as she tested, but it may be too late for all of us.

Well, I have nothing more to say, so will sign off, Wishing you all well, BJ.

7/16/2023 11:28 am  #8

Sunday   July 16, 2023

Prayers and hugs everyone..

Have a good day..

Elmer 's  TAVR  is on the 20th. -- requesting Prayers please..

Last edited by San (7/16/2023 11:30 am)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

7/16/2023 11:42 am  #9

I made tuna salad for 3 days. I bought a different brand at Costco called Wild Planet. I only like albacore. It has more mercury, so I don't fix it often. A lady behind me at Costco told me this brand has less mercury. In the cart it went, lol! 

BJ, that's not good news. I hope you and Frank don't get it, but it's good Tracy put on a mask and didn't stay long. 

Welcome home, Janet. I don't think I could have tolerated the heat. 

Have a safe trip, Carol. I'm assuming this is your sister from Atlanta. I will behave, can't vouch for the others, lol! 
Sandra, when a tornado watch is here, there is no breeze in the air, not one leave moving. It seems like more tornados have hit in unexpected areas in the last year, not just the South.

Back to the sewing room. Just had lunch and the laundry is done. Will fold it later while watching tv.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/16/2023 11:44 am)

D e v o n n e

7/16/2023 12:39 pm  #10

It’s raining and all dark here, very humid. We just got home from lunch at Texas Roadhouse with Frank and Charlotte. Ralph and Frank made plans to go to the movies tomorrow. 

We brought home leftover chicken, so dinner is set, yay! 

7/16/2023 5:41 pm  #11

Safe Catch tuna albacore in water no salt  has the least mercury of them all. I used to use Wild Planet til I found this.

7/17/2023 8:16 am  #12

SAN......PRAYERS FOR ELMER.

DEVONNE......THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA.  I THINK I WILL WHIP UP SOME TUNA SALAD FOR THIS WEEK.  I LOVE IT, ESPECIALLY ON TOASTED BREAD.  GIVES IT ANOTHER TASTY ELEMENT TO ENJOY.
I ONLY WILL EAT WHITE MEAT TUNA SO ALBACORE IS GREAT.

A NICE SUNNY DAY HERE AFTER THE RAINS.  NO TORNADOES TOUCHED DOWN AROUND HERE THAT I COULD FIND.  JUST A WET DAY FOR US.
TODAY SHOULD HIT MID-80S SO A DAY TO STAY INDOORS WITH A/C FOR ME.  I WILL JUST CHECK ON MY GARDEN TO SEE HOW THE BABY TOMS ARE COMING ALONG WHEN I TAKE OUT MY TRASH AND GET MY MAIL.  I ORDERED A FEW THINGS FROM TARGET LIKE DAILY VITS, A PASTRY BRUSH, SWIFFER WET CLOTHS, BRITA FILTERS AND HEFTY 8-GAL TRASH BAGS (THEY DONT HAVE THIS SIZE AT MY USUAL GROCER).  SHOULD BE COMING IN A COUPLE DAYS.  THERE IS NO SHIPPING CHARGE WHEN YOU SPEND $35 OR MORE.

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY.  HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL.  HUGS, QB S.

Last edited by quiltbea (7/17/2023 8:22 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/17/2023 9:52 am  #13

Good Morning to everyone!  Hope everyone is feeling well.  It is very cloudy here, had some rain overnight.  Good thing, we haven't had any for a very long time.  Maybe it will put a bit of green on the grass.  It  is so brown.  There is a breeze blowing but it is 67* out already at 8:47.

Have no plans for the day, will likely just laze around.  Frank just got a call inviting him to breakfast, but he is still in bed, so assume he's not going.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off and wish you all a wonderful day.  Hope everyone is well or feeling that way, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (7/17/2023 9:53 am)

7/17/2023 3:29 pm  #14

Good afternoon! 
Still dealing with stupid attorneys!  One group says they can notarize paperwork using facetime, the other firm says that is illegal!  So which is it?  Are we going against the law having mom sign paperwork in front of the notary on facetime?!?  So, I have to drag mom to the closing now for the lake? 10 hours round trip!  I guess we are not selling the house with the property!  They need to figure this out!  How are the buyers going to sign?  They will be in Alaska! 
I have to get a junk removal for the lake, plus a termite letter, hoping I can do it all at once!  One trip and done. 
I'm so looking forward to being done with all of this.  The other lake property will be easier, it's just land! 
I have found my counters and kitchen table.  We had mom here all day yesterday, made her very happy.  Fed her lunch and supper.  She loved it!  Said she could taste it that it wasn't bland!  LOL!  While she was here I cleaned stuff, I have not had 2 consecutive hours to work on!  Feels good to have a counter again, easier to make food this way too!  LOL!  
Hot and smoky here today.  Not sure which wild fire the smoke is from!  Sky is a smoky gray but the sun can shine through it, you can see the haze it created!  And you can smell the smoke!  I did get my walk in before the smoke settled in, may have to walk the mall tomorrow if it's still like this!  No wind so the air is stagnant!  
I also got papers in a file (carry type) box just for the closing.  everything we signed, or mom signed, plus power of attorney, and the probate paperwork....  Felt good to get that ready.  Now I just need to remember to take it with me when it's time! 
Hubby and I have been also doing the nuisance laundry, like throw blankets we got from SC, and sweaters hubby brought back for mom that are either too small or dad's.  We washed them so they smell so much better! I don't have the heart to tell hubby they will probably all go to good will! 
I have done some computer stuff for mom today.  Ordered her meds!  I hate Express Scripts!  But she has military insurance so I have to use them.  As soon as things are better I will research it better! 
Hubby just interrupted to print more lawyer paperwork!  Once again can they not send it all at one time?  
Need to go get stuff done.  Feel like a slug today, guess it's the heat!  LOL!  
Later my Friends! 

7/17/2023 3:41 pm  #15

Dashing through here quickly to let you know I'm still around, just not able to get here much, it seems.  I hope to get back relatively soon, but we'll see how it goes.

Take care!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/17/2023 3:43 pm  #16

Theresa, you must want to just scream!

I made chicken tetrazzini for dinner, good but on the bland side. I have to figure out what to add to spice it up a little. 

Ralph and his brother went to the movies this morning, and to brunch. I did some tidying up of the yarn that is taking over the living room, and printed out a recipe for blueberry zucchini bread, which is now in the oven. Then I crocheted and read alternately. 

7/17/2023 5:00 pm  #17

[size=150]Theresa, hope they clarify all this for you. Remember, you're near the light at the end of the tunnel.

Janet, I'll check to see if Safe Catch is at Costco or Publix. Not at my Walmart store, but they do ship. Amazon has it. More expensive to order.

I'm grilling polish sausage and corn on cob with fresh parmesan grated cheese. Yummy!

I got one of the tee shirts embroidered for Gary today. I was nervous about it puckering, but it turned out great. My machine has Disney designs so I put a Mickey Mouse on this one since they're going to Disney soon. I'm going to do a Mickey Mouse head in the center of the back top after I fix dinner. 

eta: The Teton polish sausage was great. I could only eat one and one ear of corn. Snacking ruined my dinner, lol.
[/size]

Last edited by DownSouth (7/17/2023 6:24 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/17/2023 8:09 pm  #18

Devone, wearing the tee shirts with Disney designs could lead to trouble. They are extremely picky about their logos. Heard that one lady was stopped from entering and had a time proving that the embroidery designs
Were not an infeengement. Hard to explain. I know machines come with  Disney desighns. Good luck.

strings

7/17/2023 8:40 pm  #19

Devonne- I buy it at Kroger. It’s pricey.   Check Vitacost.com, they may have it and their shipping isn’t bad.  I use them for a lot of stuff. 
   Theresa- we didn’t go to our closing. We signed electronically.  Maybe you can too.

7/18/2023 6:45 am  #20

I meant wearing
My them at Disney.  Weird, I know. Enjoy wearing them any place but a Disney property.

strings

Board footera