OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/25/2023 8:34 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 23 ~ SAT JULY 29

DEVONNE I thought you did, couldn't remember, I bought some BCAA powder, it's added to water to help put  good minerals/vitamins back. I was not drinking enough water, this will help I think, pineapple flavour, I had it before, but lemon/lime, I found it an odd flavour, the pineapple is sweet, but not overly - I only make it 1/4 strength, the guys at the store made up some for me to try YUK, the full strength is so so sweet LOL

Julie used one of those washers a lot on her last overseas trip, she didn't like them, said they didn't dry properly, and one just continued the cycle again unless you were quick to get the things out, they had to hang things around the room to finish drying, Will be interesting to see how Greg likes it.

SANDRA shame that the newbies didn't go, maybe they felt shy? Or were just worried about being with lots of new people. I hope they go to some of the things, Bingo would be a fun one. Chicken & rice soups sounds good for me today, I have no chicken thawed though. I got a chicken/corn soup when we were away, I think they shredded some cooked chicken, added creamed corn and some stock, it wasn't very good LOL

INDY wow, you are becoming quite the hosts for your group, I know what you mean about cleaning up, I am doing that right now, I pulled all the linen off the spare bed, quilts are hanging in the sun and I just finished vacuuming. While the cats away !! It was a good opportunity to pull things around - my sewing is in here, and I also pulled out my projects for the retreat in a couple weeks, now I'll probably forget where I put them.

STRINGS nice you had an outing with your DGS fiancee, just drink plenty of fluids if you've been out!

HOLLY is the canned meat all ready mixed? Do you mean like taco mix, I don't know what a sloppy joe is, I though it was minced beef in a kind of gravy. I know I feel better when the house is tidy, but I don't stress about it, the Mr on the other hand goes out every morning picking up stray leaves that have dared to land on his lawn LOL He has OCD, but he won't admit it. You only have to see him pack to see it LOL now if only I could get him to put his plate into the dishwasher right after dinner. He thinks that is my job, nope, he has to do it LOL

I am quite cold, I checked in onto the Bowls site, they lost their game yesterday, and look like losing this morning, he won't be happy, but this is a state level competition. The players are extremely good.

The boys wanted to be picked up today, John has been driving them to school, they missed me, OR they missed going to McDs for chocolate shakes LOL I haven't picked them up for weeks now, we were away, then it was school holidays.

Megan said feelings are running hot at work, she is one of the latest to join the team, and she gets to stay, others have been there for a while and are being transferred to schools to fill the teacher shortage. She has emailed her schools to tell them that while service will be cut back,  they will do their best to help students.

Nothing else to report, I need to rummage through and find a "show & tell " for quilt retreat. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/25/2023 8:37 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/25/2023 8:39 pm  #22

DEVONNE they are really pretty, I especially love the Faith one. It's a nice thing to do for someone!

I forgot to answer your question on Apple

There is a Pages application, it's installed on all Apple - mine looks like a square with a pen on it, you can use it like Word, save it each time you add to it, you need to give it a title, you can change the font, do italics etc, pretty much everything Word does. DON'T use the one that looks like a notepad with lines - Notes - it is just for small notes. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/25/2023 8:45 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/25/2023 9:42 pm  #23

Hi, everyone! Remember me? 🤪😜

We have been so busy, and have accomplished a lot. There are more projects, but we're making headway!

Our house looks beautiful! We are so happy with the results! It's been done for a long time, we have just finished our part with the front porch, we had a couple of huge stumps ground down, and we are now working on new landscaping.
We had a lot of beautiful rocks already, most of which I've collected over the years, but we had more boulders delivered, including a gorgeous one for a metal address plaque. We'll light it up with solar lights. The other boulders and large rocks will be mixed throughout the landscape. We've moved a lot out of the front yard to make way for the new porch and for new landscaping, which will be an ongoing project.

Meanwhile, our nearly 20yo HVAC system went out about a month ago so we had to have that replaced. 💰 Prices sure have gone up, but it's great to have that replaced.

We were expecting it, but it's crazy that the life expectancy on such things is only about 15 years! They don't make them like they used to! The new system should last about 20 years, we hope! 🙏🏻

I've been working to get Mom's Last Will & Testament updated and I should have that from my husband's brother tomorrow. We will have it witnessed and signed, then the witnesses signed affidavit notarized on Monday. I will rest easier knowing that's done with Mom's updated wishes finalized. I know Mom will as well!

We went a few weeks ago and had the POA documents signed and notarized, switching everything to me. She originally had my brother listed (he's the oldest), but her previous will was too vague, and she's decided that since I'm the youngest and have access to legal advice and guidance through my bil, that I'm the better choice to act as POA, if the need should arise, and executor.

My BIL has done all of this free of charge for Mom, but I'm going to get him a generous gift card from Lowe's or Home Depot for home improvement projects. I know he wouldn't cash a check, nor would he accept cash, so mailing a gift card through Amazon is my best bet. 😜

I'll rest a lot easier after Monday's 3:30 appointment with the notary! 🙏🏻

Anyway, enough about me! 🤪 I hope that you are all well and I'll try to get on next week and read about YOU and comment! I've got the electrical inspection for the HVAC tomorrow, the mechanical inspection possibly for Friday, so that takes up thr remainder of this week. Busy times. 🤪

But we are blessed to have "busy times" instead of what friends and family are going through! Our BIL's brother, the one with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, is fading fast! Our busy times and HVAC failure are trivial by comparison!

Have a healthy, happy week!

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/26/2023 4:43 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/25/2023 10:09 pm  #24

Trish, the Manwich sloppy Joe can is the spiced up tomato sauce, you add it to browned ground meat- I use ground beef. It’s not a pasta sauce or a taco sauce, or a pizza sauce, it’s spiced differently. 

7/26/2023 4:42 am  #25

Thanks HOLLY, I was thinking the whole meat/sauce was in a can LOL I use the sachet of taco powder when I brown up turkey mince for the tacos, I stopped using the beef mince - they don't know the difference, once it's cooked with seasoning it looks the same.

DIANE so good to hear all the goings on at your home, you have been doing lots!! That's a good idea to get all the legal things sorted for your mum, we have ours done, we made both our kids executors, but Pete will have POA over the life/death stuff, he will do what we asked, not happily, and it's a lot to ask of him, but I know she couldn't. 

I have been going over the meal plan Sara sent, she has some yum recipes, and we enjoy most of them, the ones we don't like can be subbed out easily.

I would love to print them all, but the first book is 100 pages, and this one is 53, so I'll select recipes and then print the ones I really want.

I have been having chia pudding, it's really good, you just mix the chia seed with either coconut milk or almond milk, add protein powder ( I make his without but add a little vanilla) add a little maple syrup and let it sit in the fridge, so good with some granola or fruit on it. I made the first batch with canned milk, but the milk in the carton seems better. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/26/2023 4:43 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/26/2023 9:31 am  #26

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY, SUNSHINE AND TEMPS MID-80sF TIL TONITE WHEN IT DROPS TO MID-60S.  I CAN LIVE WITH THIS WEATHER VERY COMFORTABLY WITH A/C.

HOLLY.......YES, THERE IS STILL A WEEKLY BUS THAT TAKES SENIORS TO THE SHOPPING AREA SO THEY CAN GET GROCERIES AT EITHER OF 2 CHAIN GROCERS, BANKING, DOLLAR TREE, SALVATION ARMY, POST OFFICE, OFFICE DEPOT, AND WALMART.  TOO BAD THEY DO NOT TAKE ANYONE TO DR APPTS OR DENTISTS.  WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS FOR THOSE.  STILL, ITS GREAT TO BE ABLE TO SHOP WHEN NEEDED.  I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE BUS FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW SINCE MY SON TOOK OVER MY SHOPPING FOR ME.  ITS BEST.  ON THE BUS YOU HAVE TO GO ALONG TO ALL THE OTHER SHOPS EVEN IF YOU ONLY WANT TO SHOP AT ONE, STAYING ON THE BUS WHILE OTHERS SHOP.  MAKES FOR A LONG DAY AND FOR SOMEONE WHO NEEDS A BATHROOM MORE OFTEN THAN EVERY 4 HOURS, TOO LONG.  OF COURSE, THEY WILL DROP US OFF AT ONE OF THE SHOPS THAT HAS PUBLIC RESTROOMS WHEN NEEDED.  BUT ITS STILL A HASSLE I DON'T NEED.  WAITING AROUND FOR THE BUS'S RETURN GETS TO BE TIRING IF ONE HAS TO STAND AROUND OUTDOORS.  I LIKE STAYING HOME AND LETTING MATT HANDLE IT AND FOR OTHER THINGS, I SHOP ONLINE EASILY ENOUGH.  MY DAUGHTER IS KIND ENOUGH TO SHOP AT DOLLAR TREE FOR ME ON THE TIMES WHEN SHE TAKES ME FOR DR'S APPTS THREE OR 4 TIMES YEAR SO I STOCK UP.  SHE SHOPS THE WEEK OR SO BEFORE MY APPT.  MY ARRANGEMENT WORKS FOR ME.

I SEE BJ POSTED WHEN I HAD TO STOP AND ANSWER MY DOOR.  A NEIGHBOR RETURNED A SOUP CONTAINER SO I HAD TO SUBMIT AND COME BACK IN A FEW MINUTES.
HER DAY SOUNDS PRETTY MUCH LIKE MINE, GAMES ON THE PUTER AND WATCHING TV AND LOTS OF SITTING AROUND.

DEVONNE......LOVE THE BLOCKS YOU MADE.  I ONLY SAW 2.  ARE 2 THE SAME?  YOU DO GOOD WORK.  
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT EMILY'S PARENTS HEALTH ISSUES.  I KNOW IT MUST BE A TERRIBLE STRAIN FOR HER AND THE FAMILY.  ITS TOUGH TO SEE YOUR PARENTS AILING.

LINDA.....HOW NICE YOU GOT OUT TO SHOP WITH DS'S FIANCE AND HAD A LUNCH.  ITS GOOD TO GET TOGETHER LIKE THAT AND GET OUT OF THE HOUSE IF YOU CAN.  GOOD FOR YOU.

DIANE......NICE TO SEE YOU.  WOW, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR HOUSE HAS BEEN DONE OVER AND YOUR ARE VERY PLEASED.  STILL A FEW THINGS TO FINISH UP I GUESS.  ENJOY THE CHANGES.

TRISH......ENJOY YOUR TIME WHILE HUBBY IS AWAY.  TOO BAD HIS TEAM IS NOT DOING GREAT RIGHT NOW. 

MY ONLY EXCITEMENT TODAY IS BINGO TONITE.  I ALSO HAVE TO GO CHECK ON MY GARDEN TO SEE IF THE SOIL IS GETTING TOO DRY.  IF SO, I  WILL WATER THE PLANTS.  I DON'T THINK WE GOT THE RAIN LAST NITE THEY PREDICTED.  THE GROUND OUTDOORS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT.  NO PUDDLES. 
I HAVE SOME CHICKEN SOUP LEFTOVER PLUS I MADE UP MY BURRITO MIX SO WILL HAVE ONE FOR LUNCH TODAY.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/26/2023 9:59 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/26/2023 9:39 am  #27

Good Morning, Gosh, it's nice to read what everyone is doing, keeping so busy!!  Love it!!  I'm not doing a thing.   Sit at the computer most of the morning and play games, etc. Then I sit in the living room all afternoon, watching TV.  Not a very exciting life.  Drink 4 cups of coffee throughout the day.   Believe the Mariners are supposed to play at 9 this morning, think they are playing back east so it's noonish by their standards.  So I won't be at the computer this morning, will be in LR watching TV instead.

It's a beautiful morning outside, it's 8:30 and only 56*, love it!!!  Believe Frank just got up, so he'll be watching the TV for the game.  Don't have much to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

7/26/2023 2:18 pm  #28

I said I might not be back but here I am.  Mom and then I always used Manwich, loved it.    I can't tell you why, but IMHO, they've changed the "formula" since  back then and I don't care as much for it.  So I got friend, Bobbie's recipe and am going to try it.  She's a vegetarian and uses the veggie crumbles to make hers but her son makes his with her recipe using ground beef.  Nothing exotic in her recipe but there are a blue million of them, so at least hers is loved by her and her family!  
Trish, they're also called barbeque (beef) sandwiches, too.  Basically ground beef and  chopped onion, browned, drained of grease, then BBQ sauce, either homemade or bottled, added  and served on a bun. 

As you all know, I'm not crazy-clean, either.  And when I go to other's homes, I don't inspect them.  Actually, this time, since I am keeping things picked up every day, it's easier,  But, there are just extra things, like Fancy's bath, and she needs one, and making sure the kitchen is super neat and clean, since I have to put  the food on the counters, and other things I can easily put off  when I'd rather read or watch some tv, WHEN NO ONE'S COMING, that I am compelled to do...and they seem to multiply.
The yard work for Howard was just the weekly mowing and the weeds, some pretty, like chicory and Queen Anne's lace, but so high we couldn't see clearly to pull out of the driveway and neither could anyone else!   
And I did not realize we had scheduled our yearly Medicare checkups for tomorrow morning.  This week of all times.  But, if you cancel, it might take a long time to get another.  We always make them a year ahead.  
So, I'm trying to get as much done today as I can. Supper is in the crock pot, country ribs.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/26/2023 2:21 pm)

7/26/2023 3:44 pm  #29

Diane, your "new" house sounds lovely. It's good to get all of this done before hubby retires. 

Cut my hair this morning, about 2" gone. It always is longer in the back & I like the back a little shorter.

I don't use BBQ sauce when I make sloppy joes nor onions. I use ground chuck (less grease), drain it, add a package of McCormicks sloppy joe mix and ketchup until I think I've added enough. I taste it and if the spices aren't enough, I'll sometimes add another 1/2 package of the spice. I use hamburger buns. I love onions but I didn't add them because the boys didn't like onions. I have some minced onions I'm going to try.

Went and bought groceries. I didn't realize how low I was on food!

Judy, I need to schedule my Medicare wellness check. Thanks for the reminder. 

Trish, have you tried cucumber water? I really like it too.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/26/2023 3:45 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/26/2023 11:23 pm  #30

Hello ladies. It's been a while. I came over earlier than planned bc my sister took mom to the ER today. She has had tremendous headaches the past couple of days. I spoke with the neurologist and her new internist and they both suggested we get some tests and immediate attention. Of course Mom is a mystery! She's so tough and resilient!!  Looks like maybe a UTI and hyponatremia brought on by a new addition of diuretics We have antibiotics and hope for some better days soon. 
We've had a break in the hot weather so that is nice. Very pleasant. Hoping you are all well & thank you for being here.
Virtual hugs to all ((  )) Tracy 

Last edited by WA-BJ (7/26/2023 11:27 pm)

7/27/2023 8:49 am  #31

TRACY.....THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON MOM.  I HOPE THEY GET HER SOME MEDS THAT HELP.  HEADACHES ARE HORRIBLE.  AND SHE HAS HAD MORE THAN HER FAIR SHARE OF THEM OVER THE YEARS.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS WINGING HER WAY.
I HAVE TO BE QUICK.  I HAVE LAUNDRY GOING AND NEED TO GET IT IN THE DRYER. I WANTED TO GET IT DONE BEFORE THE T-SHOWERS EXPECTED LATER.  YOU KNOW US, WE HAVE A POWER OUTAGE IF A SQUIRREL SNEEZES WHILE SITTING BESIDE A TELEPHONE POLE.

WILL CHECK IN LATER TO SEE HOW YOU ALL ARE FOR TODAY.

HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/27/2023 8:50 am)

7/27/2023 9:59 am  #32

Well, I lost most of my post, so will start over.  I'm fine!  just got released from the hospital after hours there, doing well.  No great results!

Tracy is here so I'm going to quit and go visit with her.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day, BJ

7/27/2023 9:59 am  #33

Tracy, thanks for letting us know about our beloved BJ. Prayers the antibiotics work fast. 

I couldn't figure out what caused my headache for 3 days. I think it was from a muscle in my neck. I can barely move my right arm without pain.  What I read is it's from repetitive motion and I have done a LOT of thread changing on my embroidery machine the last two weeks. Ice is helping a lot. 

I did get my trash can cleaned and sanitized so I could fill it up for tomorrow's pickup. Cleaned my dining room table off (Sadie Grace told me I needed to clean it, lol). She loves to come here and move things around. 

D e v o n n e

7/27/2023 2:00 pm  #34

Maybe it’s just us, but I don’t buy into the Medicare Wellness check.  All I want it an annual exam with a review of my BW and meds.  We don’t answer the questions like “ do you feel safe ? Do you feel threatened?  How often do you cry? Do you own a firearm and have you ever considered using it to harm yourself or another?  Just exam me and give me the results.

7/27/2023 3:17 pm  #35

Janet, I agree, especially the ones done in the home by a nurse. Why is Medicare paying for that?  And if you see your primary when needed, why add another exam? 

BJ, glad you were discharged from the hospital! 

It’s 95 here, with a storm watch for the east coast. Another day or so of extreme heat, then the prediction is for a week of low 80’s. Heather was going to put a big umbrella over her tomato bed to protect it.

7/27/2023 5:35 pm  #36

Holly- we would definitely not do the home nurse visit!

7/27/2023 8:00 pm  #37

I normally don't get the Medicare "wellness check" but Medicare pays for it and I need to get my A1C checked.

Picked up a little more in the garage. It's just too hot to do much of anything. Heard today this is the hottest July ever on record. I'll put out more hummingbird water tomorrow and more wild bird seed. The water in the bird bath just evaporates. 

D e v o n n e

7/28/2023 8:25 am  #38

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY AFTER AN AFTERNOON OF RAIN, BUT NOT T-STORMS AS PREDICTED.  NOR HAIL, THANK GOODNESS.  JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE MY GARDEN HAPPY.

SLOPPY JOES......MY MOM LOVED THEM.  I HAD TO GET THE MANWICH SAUCE FOR HER.  I LOVE GROUND BEEF IN MOST OF ITS FORMS, BUT I ADMIT NOT LIKING SLOPPY JOES.  I GUESS ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO, TOO SLOPPY FOR ME.  INSTEAD I MAKE BEEF BURRITOS WITH JUST ENOUGH SAUCE (TACO SAUCE) TO MAKE IT TASTY BUT NOT SLOPPY.

DEVONNE.....ON THE HEADACHES.  SINCE MY CATARACT SURGERY I HAVE NEVER HAD A TRUE HEADACHE.  IF I FEEL ONE I JUST MOVE MY NECK AND SHOULDERS AROUND AND ITS USUALLY COMING FROM ONE OR THE OTHER, NOT MY HEAD.  WHEN THOSE PLACES ACHE THEY CAN RADIATE PAIN TO YOUR HEAD.

BJ......GLAD YOU MADE IT HOME BUT WAS HOPING FOR BETTER NEWS ON THE HEADACHES.  HUGS GIRL.

NOTHING EXCITING FOR TODAY AGAIN.  TEMPS IN THE MID 80S AGAIN WITH EVENING 60S.  TRASH NEEDS TAKING OUT AND THEN CHECKING MY GARDEN TO SEE HOW MUCH RAIN IS IN THE RAIN GAUGE.  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PINK ON SOME OF THOSE GREEN TOMATOES.  I NEED TO DO SOME VACCUMING AS WELL.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

HAD TO COME BACK AND CORRECT SOME SPELLING ERRORS.  OOPS!

Last edited by quiltbea (7/28/2023 1:45 pm)

7/28/2023 9:42 am  #39

Good Morning to everyone.  Tracy just left to go to fruit stand for a lemon, she's making something today that requires one and we, of course don't have any.  I found another recipe on board that suggests a lemon, but no big deal, if you don't have one, they have a suggestion.  It sounds really good, Rye Blueberry Bars.  Feeling fairly well this morning, just my legs aren't working too well, but I completed my exercises, so that's done.  

It's 61* here at 8:38 am. will be another hot one, I assume.  But it's a beautiful day, sun is bright, a very light breeze.  Lawn needs mowing, but not too much as it's all burnt, a bit of green here and there.  Well, Tracy's back so I should quit and go visit with her, she'll be going home soon, I imagine.  Lovely talking to all of you, have a wonderful day, BJ.

7/28/2023 11:45 am  #40

Another hot one, 93. I did a new blog post with a pic of Kokomo all done. 

Before I decide which Afghan to start next, I’m doing some sorting and organizing. I had folders of crochet patterns which I’m sorting and putting into plastic sleeves and into binders. LOL, last month recipes, this month patterns. I have such a fascinating life. 

Ralph is doing his own organizing and cleaning, of the garage. He worked in it for an hour or so this morning before it got too hot. 

Board footera