OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:25 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 23 ~ SAT JULY 29

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/23/2023 3:14 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 23 ~ SAT JULY 29

Don't worry about size PATTY I change it when I log in - sounds like beautiful weather at your place, I do love lemon things, W brought home a bag of lemons from a friend today - I used to make the Joanne Fluke recipe for Lemon Bars a lot, might do again for our retreat coming up.

SANDRA yes, be very careful with those emails, I send them to my Junk file, then after a while to the delete box.  Our address was leaked onto the Dark Web, so many emails every day, frustrating. I hope you have more energy today, perhaps it's a result of the fluid tabs, keep an eye on swelling in your ankles. If they swell get back onto the tablets (((hugs))

CAROL hope the heat is a little better in your neck of the woods, I'd like to send some cold your way, wish it was possible (((hugs))) Totally agree, do not go to Italy in spring or summer !!

DEVONNE keep cool, not too much garden work in the heat, and PLENTY of water. Be careful with the flavoured stuff, they say it has no sugar, but it is sweet, it's gotta come from somewhere LOL

Nothing much happening here, I went to training this morning, a special one for us doing the program, we did boxing in the park, plus walking (some had to run ) up a small hill.

Just heard from my sis, her youngest BIL has cancer, pretty bad, he was put into hospice, but they said they might let him go home with proper pain meds, she just told me now he has lost all feeling in his legs. 

The Mr is packing - again -  he leaves on Tuesday, returns on Friday. Playing in the State titles - just between us, they have no chance, they won their zone but the state titles are a whole different things, they come from all over the state, and many from country areas are much higher ranked players than our guys.
He also went out to buy jeans today, bought 2 pairs one is OK, needs to be taken up, the others are way too tight around his waist, I am making him take them back.
He's only going for a short while and has packed way too many clothes most of which will stay unworn LOL 
He better not just offload them onto the washing pile LOL  -- They'll go right back into the cupboard.

I heard from sis about a new book, "Eleanor Oliphant is completely Fine", going to check it out, I have been re-reading the Joanne Fluke books, they are quite good for recipes, but she really is rather silly, and if she interfered into a police investigation like that in real life she would be in HUGE trouble. I have to stop reading them, she is really annoying me now, I'll get the book sis told me about LOL. I was  trying to remember why I stopped reading them, now I remember!!

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/23/2023 3:17 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/23/2023 4:05 am  #3

Thanks Trish! I've read a lot of Joanne Fluke, Diane Mott Davidson and Janet Evanavich. I'm with you and I get frustrated with them but will still read the next one when it comes out. Right now I'm rereading the Sue Grafton series, I'm coming to the end. Thanks for the suggestion of the new book.
I can get it through the Libby app. When I worked I always listened to audio books on the long drive, now I get the audio books through Libby.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/24/2023 3:14 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

7/23/2023 6:22 am  #4

Welcome home Carol and Trish

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/24/2023 3:14 am)

7/23/2023 9:00 am  #5

ITS ANOTHER SUNNY DAY BUT ONLY HITTING MAYBE 79 TODAY.  I LIKE THAT IT COOLS  DOWN TO 60S AT NITE.  THE WHOLE WORLD GETS A BREATHER THEN.

OUR THERESA CELEBRATES AN ANNIVERSARY TODAY.  WISHING YOU AND TODD A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DAY TOGETHER.  MAYBE EATING OUT IS ON THE MENU.  AT LEAST, TAKE IT EASY FOR TODAY.

PATTI...... LIKE YOU I WILL RESPOND TO SURVEYS FROM PLACES FROM WHO I JUST BOUGHT THINGS, LIKE TARGET.  THEY DESERVE A GOOD TOP RATING.

TRISH.....MY BP NUMBERS ARE CREEPING BACK UP A LITTLE.  HITTING THE 150S TODAY BUT THE 2ND NUMBER STAYS LOW, IN THE 70S USUALLY.  I MAY HAVE TO TAKE THE FLUID PILLS AFTER ALL.  I AM TRYING ONE MORE DAY.  HAPPILY NO SWELLING ANYWHERE.

MY GRANDAU GINA IS COMING OVER IN A FEW MINUTES.  I SUPPOSE ITS BECAUSE I HAVE HER BIRTHDAY CARD AND MONEY.  SHE TURNED 33 YESTERDAY.  STILL SINGLE AND LIVING AT HOME.  WAS LOOKING FOR AN APT BUT SO EXPENSIVE.  SHE'S A MANAGER AT VICTORIA'S SECRET BUT IN MAINE SALARIES ARE NOT HIGH LIKE OTHER STATES.  I EXPECT SHE'S SHORT OF CASH AS USUAL.  BUT IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE HER.  

MY SON SHOPPED AND GOT EVERYTHING I NEEDED YESTERDAY.  IT WAS A LOT.  HE WENT HOME WITH FOOD AND SANDWICHES SO HE WAS HAPPY.  WE HAD A NICE VISIT THIS TIME SINCE HE WENT TO THE GYM BEFORE GETTING HERE.

HAVE A NICE DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/23/2023 9:07 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/23/2023 5:21 pm  #6

I've had a headache all weekend. Finally decided to take one Tylenol and took a nap. Normally, my bp is high if I get a headache, but it's fine. Think it's sinuses.

Sandra, I told my doctor I couldn't take water pills because of my bladder problem. I'm trying to cut back on drinking so much liquid before bedtime. 

Trish, the Zevia drinks have Stevia leaf extract and the Vitamin water has Stevia leaf extract, as well as Monkfruit. What I like about them is they have no aspartame. I drink a lot of water, but I need something with flavor as well, lol. Enjoy your few days by yourself!

I will be glad when this heat is over. I can't imagine the folks dealing with triple digit heat out west. Phoneix broke a 50 year record for triple digit heat days. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/23/2023 5:23 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/24/2023 3:13 am  #7

Almost bed time!!
He's been "packing" for 2 days, honestly, it's only for 3 nights LOL
He bought new jeans, said one pair needed to be taken up, I disagreed, BUT I would do it if he wanted. He packed them, the others were so tight around the waist, told him to take them back, he went to the mall  and spent hours  trying on jeans, ended up bringing them home again --- MEN! They are too tight, what part of that is hard to understand, they told him they would stretch LOL

Megan has been quite stressed, they work in a special unit, looking after children with special needs, there is such a big teacher shortage they decided that these units could be sent onto schools to add to the staff, she was really concerned that she would be sent back to teaching - no pay cut - but she didn't want it. Got told today she is still on the team, only 1/2 of them remain. Probably want them to do double the work.

JANET thanks for the wellcome back, we did enjoy it mostly, nice to see some of the family.

SANDRA just be careful, I know you will be, taking them is a pain, but the consequences might be worse ((((hugs)))) I hope you saw Gina, you know they love you, just have different needs, good to hear that you had a nice visit with Matt, he is  a great guy, Isn't the putting away of everything just the worst job ever LOL

DEVONNE why don't you try adding some slices of lime or lemon to your water, I got the Mr to drink lots of water that way,  it's really nice, refreshing and not just water LOL

THERESA Happy Anniversary to you and Todd, I hope you got to spend a little time doing something you like, even if it's just eating a meal together. ((((hugs))))

PATTY I haven't read the book yet, hope it's good, started it, seems like it might be one you have to read a fair bit to 'get into it' Th first chapter is slow going, she seems to have problems. It got rave reviews, which don't aways mean anything. Sorry in advance if it's not your taste.

Cold again here, I asked him turn the heat on early, he will leave before me in the morning, then I'm alone for a few days !!!  Yahoo, whatever will I do with myself. I got a message today that I have lost over 6lb in the last couple weeks, happy about that, and also my pushups  increased by 5 over 1 min, squats by 5 also, and crunches by 13. I had no idea, I thought it was about the same as when we started.

Had a Drs appointment this afternoon, got new scripts, and he is happy with me. I have my letter to the haematologist, had to cancel her because of the trip, she's rebooked for next month. 

Time to get to bed, I need to get an early night, was up at 1am, got back to sleep by 4, but I'm tired..

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/24/2023 4:26 am  #8

I buy Zero Vitamin water for DH.  He likes it better than plain water.  I don’t like it.

7/24/2023 7:36 am  #9

MY GINA VISITED.  YES, SHE NEEDED MONEY.  WAS TO GO TO WORK YESTERDAY BUT THEY CHANGED THE ROSTER AND SHE'S OFF ANOTHER WEEK.  SHE WAS HOME FOR A BIT OF FEMALE SURGERY FOR 3 WEEKS.  NOW SHORT ON CASH.  I LET HER HAVE A BIT.  SHE SAYS SHE WILL PAY ME BACK WHEN SHE GETS BACK TO WORK.  NEEDED TO PAY HER PHONE BILL.  SHE WAS CALMER WHILE HERE.  I FED HER AND SHE WAS SMILING WHEN SHE LEFT.

TRISH.......IS SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR FEW DAYS ALONE.  DOING WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT AND EATING THE SAME WAY.  ITS VERY FREEING.  ENJOY IT.
YOUR EXERCISE SESSIONS MUST BE IMPROVING AND MAKING YOU A LITTLE HEALTHIER.  GOOD FOR YOU.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
SORRY TO HEAR MEGAN WAS WORRIED ABOUT GOING BACK TO HER OLD JOB TYPE.  I AM SURE THERE WILL BE MORE WORK NOW INVOLVED IF THEY LET SO MANY GO.  ITS HOW COMPANIES WORK.  CUT BACK ON THE ROSTER AND MAKE THEM WORK DOUBLE.  HAPPENS EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS.  SORRY FOR THAT.  I HOPE ITS NOT TOO BAD.
I LIKE THE IDEA OF LEMON WATER.  YOU GET THAT IN RESTAURANTS SOMETIMES.  ITS TASTY.  I TRIED IT AT HOME BUT COULD NEVER GET IT RIGHT.  THERE MUST BE A METHOD BUT I WAS UNABLE TO FIND IT.  MY WATER IS JUST FILTERED.

DEVONNE.....THANKS FOR THE IDEA OF DRINKING LESS WATER BEFORE BEDTIME.  I ALWAYS LIKE TO HAVE A GOOD DRINK BEFORE BED.  I WANT MY INNARDS TO BE WATERED AND SAFE.  IF IT MEANS WAKING AFTER 3 HOURS FOR A NATURE CALL, I MANAGE IT.  ITS THE GOING EVERY HOUR OR 2 DURING THE DAYS THAT IRRITATES ME.  AND THE CONSEQUENCES IF I TRY TO WAIT TILL THE END OF A MOVIE OR READ THE END OFF A CHAPTER.  TODAY MY NUMBERS WERE BETTER.  MAYBE ITS THE CONCERN WHETHER I AM DOING THE RIGHT THING THATS INCREASED MY BP.  WE SHALL SEE.

WE HAVE A COFFEE MEET AND GREET IN A FEW MINUTES.  IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE THE NEW FOLKS. 
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/24/2023 7:45 am)

7/24/2023 10:01 am  #10

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all doing well.  I am pretty lazy this morning, can't seem to get moving much.  Gloria will be here shortly to clean, she does a nice job.  Been coming here for years.  It is rather cool here this morning, only 62*, not sure it will warm up much, the forecast is for rain later today and more tomorrow.  We need it so badly.  Haven't had any for a long time.  All the grass is brown and we have to water the flowers every day.  Wow! it just started raining, good to see, got a nice breeze blowing down low, but barely moving up high.

Tracy went home yesterday, she had a Dr. appt this morning, hope everything is well.  She hasn't been feeling well for quite a few weeks.  She'll be back on Wed. for a couple of days, it's always nice to have her around.  Rhonda will be by today after work.  Gloria just drove in, so will have to run and greet her.  Hope everyone has a really nice day, BJ.

7/24/2023 10:17 am  #11

Sandra, retail pay sucks everywhere. My girls say that working retail at the Mall after school made them realize they needed to go to college to learn a skill so they didn’t have to work retail. 

Ralph got a new recliner with all the bells and whistles a couple of months ago. We put his old one, which is in good shape, on Buy Nothing and the town chat, and no interest. Asked our cleaning lady and her helper if they knew of anyone. Turns out the helper’s dad just moved into an apartment and had no furniture, so he picked it up this morning, yay! He was so grateful for it, and we were so happy to see it go to a good home. 

7/24/2023 1:31 pm  #12

Another headache...3rd straight day. I must be getting sick or have a sinus infection.

Trish, I love lemon in my water and my tea. I put two slices in my water at home, if I have lemon. I order half and half tea when I eat out with lemon. I tell the waitresses 3/4 unsweet & 1/4 sweet. Chick-fil-a will do this too if you ask them.

Sandra, bladder incontinence is my worse problem. I've had it since Greg was born and it's gotten much worse. I had the bladder tack after he was born...a wasted surgery. If I drink one large glass of tea at a restaurant, I always go to the restroom before I leave. I've done the waiting and sometimes it's too long a wait, lol. 

I did 3 quilt blocks for Quiltaholic. I'll head to the post office in an hour. Gary wants to meet me for dinner. 

ETA: Wow, no one has posted since me, so will just add on to this post. I never made it to the post office nor to dinner with Gary. I did address the envelope & it's ready to go. Took a nap instead...something I seldom too, but thought it might help my headache. 

Holly, glad you found someone that could use the recliner. I wish I could find someone to buy my electric mower, but I guess I need to advertise it, lol.

For those who have a Mac, how do you type a long document and where do you save it? I want to write my life story and give it to my sons at Christmas. It's going to be very long. This is when I wish I had Microsoft Word. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/24/2023 6:58 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/25/2023 7:49 am  #13

BJ.......I HOPE THAT TRACY GETS A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH AND FEELS BETTER.  

HOLLY.......NICE YOUR RECLINER FOUND A GOOD HOME.  ITS A SHAME WHEN NICE THINGS AREN'T PICKED UP AND NEED TO BE TOSSED. I HOPE HUBBY LOVES HIS NEW RECLINER.

DEVONNE......SORRY ABOUT THE INCONTINENCE.  THAT MUST BE A TRIAL FOR YOU BUT YOU HAVE ADAPTED AFTER SO MANY YEARS AND KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT.  

MY BP NUMBERS WENT UP A BIT MORE THIS MORNING SO I AM BACK ON THE FLUID PILL.  I HATE IT BUT ITS THE LESSER OF 2 EVILS.  SINCE I AM HOME ALL THE TIME ANYWAY AND CLOSE TO A BATHROOM, IT WORKS OUT.  ITS JUST NOT MY CUP OF TEA.

THE FIREFIGHTERS ARE OUTSIDE DOING THEIR THING WITH THEIR HOSES.  THE MARQUEE IS UP FOR SHADE AND A PLACE TO SNACK.  STILL NO CALENDAR ENTRIES BUT ITS A CHANGE OF PACE TO SEE SOME ACTION ALONG THE RIVER.  ITS A NICE DAY OF SUNSHINE IN THE 80S EXPECTED.  HAPPILY IT GOES DOWN TO THE 60S AT NIGHT.  THEY ALSO TELL US T-SHOWERS LATER ON TODAY.

OUR MEET AND GREET YESTERDAY WASN'T VERY SUCCESSFUL.  THE LATEST RESIDENTS NEVER SHOWED UP AND THE NEWER ONES THAT HAVE ARE THOSE I HAVE MET BEFORE AND HAVE BEEN HERE SEVERAL MONTHS.  THERE WERE 10 OF US THERE OUT OF 23 RESIDENTS.  ONE APT IS STILL NOT OCCUPIED BUT I HAVE A NAME.  THE NEW FEMALE OCCUPANT MOVES IN THE FIRST OF AUG.  ITS A SHAME THE OTHERS DID NOT COME.  THEY HAD SCONES AND BLUEBERRY MUFFINS AND DUNKIN COFFEE.  I DON'T DRINK COFFEE SO I BROUGHT MY OWN HOT CHOCOLATE.  I TRIED AN ORANGE SCONE AND IT WAS PRETTY MUCH BLAH.  VERY LITTLE FLAVOR.

I MADE A POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP LAST NITE AND SHARED WITH 3 OTHER TENANTS.  I HAD TOO MUCH CHICKEN COOKED AND WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT.  IT WAS APPRECIATED.  IT WAS GOOD SO I ENJOYED IT AND HAVE ENOUGH FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW FOR MYSELF.  LATER I AM GOING TO MAKE THE MIX FOR MY BURRITOS.  I HAD MY SON BUY ME SOME TORTILLAS THIS WEEK AND I LOVE BEEFY BURRITOS.

THAT'S IT FROM MY CORNER OF THE WORLD.   OH, YES, I HAVE BEEN WATCHING SOME COLUMBO SHOWS.  I LIKE THAT HE HAS SOME PROMINENT ACTORS AS GUESTS AND LOVE HOW HE GETS THE BAD GUY/GAL IN THE END.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!   HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGDS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (7/25/2023 8:00 am)

7/25/2023 10:01 am  #14

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a cool morning, 62*.  It is forecast to stay cool all day.  We got rain yesterday, not sure it was enough to green up the grass, but it was cool.  Very nice.  Love reading what everyone posts.  It is lovely to hear what is going on in your lives.  Don't believe Sharon is coming this morning, not sure why.

Frank just got out of shower, took him his coffee.  I'm very tired this morning, been awake off and on since before 6, dozed a bit in between, got up at 7:30.  Done  my exercises.  So my day is off to its normal start.  Don't have any plans for the day, Rhonda will be here around 3, Frank may have some plans for the day as he's up so early.  I've heard it might rain today, sure hope so.  We haven't had any rain in a couple of months, so every thing is well dried out, one day just wasn't enough.

Think I will sign off, can't think of anything else to write about, hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

7/25/2023 10:13 am  #15

QB, disappointing that your new people didn't show up.  Wonder why?  Especially since they're NEW...you would think they'd want to get to know their new neighbors.  Oh well,  nothing ever seems right anymore.

Howard's just  popped in from mowing and weed whacking.  We're hosting our small group on Friday.  Their homes/yards are all perfect.  Ours ain't!   Hope they consider we live in the country.  I'm being unfair.  Everyone is lovely and  I'm just being me.  Not up for this so soon again, but two other couples are unable to host right now, so...  I'm fixing sloppy joes.  Too hot to run the oven for  a casserole and we're not the greatest grillers.  ML will come over Friday morning and whip everything up to her standards.  
So, if I don't get back here this week, that's why.  Have a good day. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/25/2023 10:16 am)

7/25/2023 10:15 am  #16

Another humid one, what else is new, LOL.
Ralph went to the viewing of one of his Veteran friends, so sad. When he got home I made us scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese, now he’s stretched out in the new recliner. 

I have 2-3 days of work left on Kokomo, I’m very happy with it. It’s #8 full sized Afghan for this year. 

I’ve gotten Ralph into the habit of napping in the afternoon. He usually putters around the yard in the morning, then rests and naps after lunch. 

Sandra, it sounds like your complex is a nice little community. Does the bus still take people shopping? 

7/25/2023 10:45 am  #17

No headache today so headed out shortly to the post office, then to Waffle House. I want breakfast even though it's past lunch, lol.

Greg bought a GE Profile washer/dryer all in one to be delivered August 14th. Will be interesting to see how he likes it. He's all about new technology, plus it frees up floor space for storage and laundry baskets.

Emily's dad passed out 3 times last week. Her Mom just had knee replacement and her Dad is in the hospital. She's been staying at her Mom's house. He's getting a pacemaker today, then he will need another surgery for a carotid artery stent and a stent in one of his heart arteries. Super nice man!

Judy, isn't it silly the little things we worry about, but that's just human nature. I know you're glad when everyone leaves & you can be normal again, lol. As for sloppy joes, Gary likes the canned Sloppy Joe stuff, but I prefer the McCormicks packaged mix. Tastes totally different. I need to try making it homemade.

Sandra, you think they just forgot about showing up??

Last edited by DownSouth (7/25/2023 10:51 am)

D e v o n n e

7/25/2023 1:41 pm  #18

I missed Judy’s post, we must have been writing at the same time. I used to get intimidated by what I saw as other’s perfect housekeeping and beautiful yards. Then I decided that we all have our priorities. Driving us crazy cleaning up never was mine, though I was known to stand and yell “The maid quit!” And the kids would reply we don’t have a maid, and I’d yell that they all obviously thought we did. As for the yard, he worked nights and wasn’t into landscaping. 

Devonne, I’ve seen the commercial for that combo, it’ll be interesting to see if he likes it. I like the cannned manwich, I’ve never made the packet. 

7/25/2023 7:51 pm  #19

JUST A QUICK CHECK IN. NOT MUCH TO SAY.

DGS#1'S FINANCEE TOOK ME OUT TODAY. WE WENT TO DOLLAR TREE, DOLLAR GENERAL, LUNCH AND THEN TO WAL MART. WE BOTH NEEDED A FEW THINGS.

HOT AND HUMID AND SUPPOSED TO GET EVEN HOTTER. YUCK. KNOW SOME AREAS A LOT HOTTER THAN HERE. WON'T BE LONG UNTIL I WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO COLD.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/25/2023 8:21 pm  #20

These are the 3 blocks I made and mailed to Quiltaholic today. Cost $4.85 in postage and the envelope was extremely lightweight and small. The bigger the envelope, the more they charge, so I opted to fold the blocks. One is applique; other two embroidery. They had to be heart designs and on white fabric, 10 1/2" unfinished. The "Faith" heart is a really pretty turquoise color, didn't show up well. Was told the recipient of this quilt loves cats.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/25/2023 8:38 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera