OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:25 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 30 ~ SAT AUG 5

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/30/2023 1:49 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 30 ~ SAT AUG 5

Have a great week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/30/2023 3:31 am  #3

THANK YOU DIANE  I'm running late tonight!

It's been a beautiful day here, and supposed to be like that rest of the week, the lull before the last of winter hits us LOL

SANDRA lots have their state as part of their name, I will have a look to see if I can find where you mean.  Just checked - WHEN YOU SEE THE TOP OF THE PAGE, go to MY OPTIONS, then YOUR DETAILS, and you can change it there if anyone would like to. Some =19.5pxdon't have those options when using phones or iPads. 
Lots of tomatoes coming your way YUM! I do love them fresh picked, they never taste like that when you buy them.

DEVONNE hope you continue to improve, these aches get worse as we get older don't they LOL

INDY busy, busy, You will  need a rest after all that, I hope you had enough fun to make it a happy time!

I have been puttering around today, finally got all the pieces cut out to take to camp. This pattern has so many different cuts, I had to bag them and label them, 

e.g. 6 different cuts of 1 1/2"  WOF then 10 of 2" and so on. Hope I can figure it all out when I am there. I didn't have enough fabric, when I left the note for the girls to cut last Sunday either I mis-labeled, or they read it wrong, I didn't check - till today - went back, and got more, not a wasted trip, I had forgotten the fat 1/4 needed for a game, AND I found fabric for backing at $10 Metre. I still need to pack some things, I forgot I need to take my iron, and a few other things. 

It's almost bed time, our roast pork was so good last night we had it again tonight LOL - that sounds better than leftovers doesn't it!!

See you tomorrow!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/30/2023 6:52 am  #4

Took the day off from the gym today

7/30/2023 8:29 am  #5

We had another thunderstorm last night. They are very hard on Heather’s dog Honey, she gets so scared. 
LOL, Ralph is turning into the little old man always in a flannel shirt. He had adjusted the AC last night, turned it up to 75. I woke up sweating, and he was sitting in a flannel shirt. I turned it back to 73, mostly to cut the humidity. 

No big plans today, just lunch with Frank and Charlotte, and I have to write a shopping list.

7/30/2023 9:02 am  #6

I AM ANOTHER WITH NO PLANS FOR THE DAY.  I WILL CHECK TO SEE HOW MUCH RAIN WE GOT YESTERDAY BUT NOT AS BAD AS EXPECTED.  NO THUNDER OR LIGHTNING HERE, BUT SOUTH OF US, YES.

TOMATOES STOP GROWING WHEN THE DAYS HIT 90 IN SUCCESSION.  THEY JUST STOP.  THEY CANNOT TAKE SUCH HIGH HEAT.  THEY WILL START AGAIN WHEN THE TEMPS DROP.  JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION LADIES.

SUNNY AND BRIGHT HERE.  TONITE WILL DROP IN THE 50S.  COOL BUT I LIKE IT.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/30/2023 9:31 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/30/2023 9:39 am  #7

Today is going to be a lazy day for me.

Since we aren't a private forum, I rather not list my location. That's why I often use "G&E" and "C" for Carter when I discuss personal things. Hope everyone knows by now where I live.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/30/2023 9:41 am)

D e v o n n e

7/30/2023 10:32 am  #8

Good Morning to everyone!  Hope everyone is feeling well.  It is very still and cloudy this morning, but 66*.  No telling where the day will wind up.  I'm so tired this morning, slept until nearly 8, but it wasn't enough!  So this will be a really lazy day.  Frank just got up (at 9:25) and is moving slowly!  Aren't we all these days?!

Frank mowed the lawn yesterday, looks so nice, even though it's nearly all brown, but at least it's all down low.  Since I don't really have anything to say this morning, believe I'll just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

7/30/2023 7:29 pm  #9

Quiet day on the board! We went to lunch, then I took a nap. Did a test swatch for the next afghan, which I don’t usually do, but it seemed like people on her blog were having issues. Test swatch came out fine, so I did the chain to start, then ran out of steam.

I made brownies, since it was a little cooler. When it’s in the upper 90’s I don’t like to run the oven, even with the AC. Added white chocolate chips and raisins. Ralph approved. 

My sister in law told me she goes to the grocery store 2-3 times a week! I told her I’d rather jump off a cliff! I go every 2-3 weeks. 

7/30/2023 8:09 pm  #10

I go to the grocery store about 3-5 times a week

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/01/2023 3:26 am)

7/30/2023 11:35 pm  #11

I go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week, not always the same store. If I'm in Greg's area, I'll stop at Aldi's or we go to Costco. 

Greg and I signed up for You Tube TV (again). I watched The Voice; rather boring so I fast forwarded thru a lot. It's Blake Shelton's final season. I expect it will go downhill now and Kelly will be the next judge to leave.

Holly, I saw on Netflix where there's a "next season" of The Lincoln Lawyer. I remember you saying you watched it. I like the colors of the afghan you are working on now.

One of Greg's best friends in HS said he had to put his Mom in assisted living. His Dad is already in one. I was surprised to hear this, but she has dementia. She is 7 years older than me. He sold their house last week. 

D e v o n n e

7/31/2023 7:44 am  #12

GOOD MORNING!

DS GOES TO THE STORE SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE WEEK. THE WATER HERE IS GOOD, SO DON'T USUALLY ADD ANYTHIG. IN RESTAURANTS, USUALLY ASK FOR LEMON.

BJ, HOPE THE HEADACHES ARE BETTER. GLAD YOU ARE HOME FROM THE HOUSEPISTOL AS MY LATE GRANDFATHER CALLED THEM.

DS#2 and i had to tie up a tomato cage. couldn't get it upright unless we did. may have to do antoher one. one of the small tomatoes is starting to tunr,. don't know why this puter jumps off settings. did it again.

=12.1875pxbrb

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/31/2023 8:28 am  #13

RESTARTED THE COMPUTER AND RESTARTED THE WiFi. HOPE THAT CORRECTS THE ISSUE.

THE STORM THURSDAY WAS PUNY IN MY AREA. NOT MUCH RAIN. THEN HAD A "STORM" ON FRIDAY THAT ONLY PRODUCED A SHOWER. IT RAINED LAST NIGHT, BUT NOT SURE HOW MUCH. WE NEED A SLOW, STEADY RAIN FOR A FEW HOURS. THESE SHOWERS HARDLY SETTLE THE DUST.

THE COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM THAT GRANDSONS WERE IN, STARTED CLASSES ON AUGUST 9th. IMHO, THAT IS TOO EARLY. NO ONE ASKED ME. THE SCHOOL YEAR DOES END IN MAY. YOUNGEST GRADUATED, SO NOT AFFIATED ANYMORE.

DSS#2 WORKS FOR CITY PARKS AND RECREATION. HAVING A REAL PROBLEM WITH HOMELESS AND DRUG USEAGE IN THE PARKS. WISH THESE PROBLEMS COULD BE RESOLVED.

DS#1 AND DIL ARE OVER IN EUROPE, SWEDEN TO BE EXACT ON VACATION. TOLD HIM IT WAS HOT OVER THERE TOO. HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM SINCE HE LET ME KNOW THEY WERE ON A TRAIN TO THE TOWN WHRE HER REALATIVES LIVE. THE RELATIVES ARE PICKING THEM UP FROM THE TRAIN. HOPE TO HEAR FROM HIM SOME MORE.

HOPEFULLY, SATURDAY WAS LAST DAY OVER 90.  OFFICIALLY IT WAS 97 THAT DAY. IT WAS THE 4th DAY OF 90 OR OVER. THINK ABOUT HALF OF JULY WAS 90 OR HOTTER. HOTTEST ON RECORD. SOME LOWER HUMIDITY WOULD BE NICE!

BETTER GET GOING. HAD GOOD INTENTIONS OF GETTING ON YESTERDAY.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS..............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/31/2023 8:54 am  #14

MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TWICE A MONTH.  I KEEP ADDING THINGS TO MY  LIST THAT I KEEP BY MY SOFA SO I DON'T FORGET ANYTHING.  BY THE TIME I'M THROUGH, ITS TOTALLING SOMEWHERE BETWEEN $140-$170.  I ALWAYS GET POTATOES, TOMATOES, CUKES, BREAD, MILK, EGGS, CHEDDAR CHEESE, SANDWICH MAKINGS, AND SNACKS ON MY LIST ALONG WITH MY MEATS.  SOMETIMES I HAVE TO ADD BATTERIES AND PAPER PRODUCTS BUT NOT OFTEN.  ON HIS WAY HERE HE CAN STOP FOR KFC OR PIZZA IF I WANT SOME.

WE ARE HAVING A NICE DAY HERE TODAY.  SUNNY AND BRIGHT BUT THANKFULLY, NO 90S LIKE SOME OF YOU GALS ARE SUFFERING.  I CHECKED MY RAIN GAUGE YESTERDAY AND WE GOT A BIT OVER AN INCH OF RAIN WITH THAT LAST STORM.  ENOUGH TO KEEP MY PLANTS HAPPY.  THEY ARE ABUNDANT BUT STILL GREEN FRUITS.

LUNCH WILL BE A LIVERWURST SANDWICH.  FOR SUPPER I PLAN TO ROAST THE DEFROSTED PORK CHOPS ALONG WITH TATERS, CARROTS, AND A CAN OF CREAM OF CELERY SOUP.  I NEVER EAT MUSHROOMS SO USE CREAM OF CELERY INSTEAD, OR SOMETIMES CREAM OF CHICKEN WITH CHICKEN.  WORKS FOR ME.
MY NEIGHBOR BROUGHT ME A FIG COOKIE YESTERDAY.  IT WAS PRETTY GOOD BUT NOT A FAVORITE.  I HADN'T EATEN FIGS FOR YEARS.  SOMETIMES I HAD A FIG NEWTON COOKIE WHEN I WAS YOUNG SINCE MY MOM LIKED THEM.  NOT SINCE HER PASSING.  LIKE I SAID, NOT A FAN.  I PREFER MY HOMEMADE CHOC CHIP, ITALIAN WINE COOKIES, SNOWBALLS OR THE RASPBERRY COOKIES MADE WITH RASPBERRY KOOL-AID.  FOR MY CAKE FIX I PREFER BROWNIES, DEVIL DOGS, OR RUM CAKE AND FOR PIES ITS APPLE.

NOT MUCH ELSE HAPPENING HERE.  WILL WATCH LOTS OF TV TODAY PER USUAL AND PLAY SOLITAIRE ON THE PUTER.

LINDA......I FIND THAT WHEN MY PUTER ACTS UP WITH BEING TOO SLOW OR NOT JIVING RIGHT, RESTARTING IT IS A MUST SO IT WORKS FINE AGAIN.  AND SOMETIMES I HAVE TO REBOOT WHEN I CAN'T GET ON THE INTERNET.  IT MAKES THE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN ITS OPERATION.

WILL CHECK OUT FOR NOW.  THINGS TO STRAIGHTEN UP AND THEN LUNCH.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/31/2023 9:08 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/31/2023 10:04 am  #15

Good Morning to everyone.  Not feeling very bright this morning.  Slept pretty good last night, slept a little late this morning.  Am now up and dressed, did my exercises, got my coffee and my breakfast balls, so am settling in nicely.  There is a mild breeze outside, it is 60*.  Lovely day for now, expect it to be very warm later.  I know I wanted to comment on something someone said earlier, but I can't remember what, so I'll have to pass that, sorry!

Hard to believe tomorrow will be August!  The year seems to be passing rather quickly.  Guess that happens when you get old and have nothing to do.  I can't think of anything else to say so will sign off for now, wishing you all well, BJ.

7/31/2023 10:52 am  #16

Did our Shop Rite trip, spent $240 after the military discount of 5%. Almost ran out of bags! We keep a running list on the counter, and I have a rough meal plan made before we shop. I get my meat at the Amish market, we go there maybe every 6 weeks. 
I don’t know how you ladies have the patience to shop so often! Too many people, too many lines. 

Trish, 2 questions. On a Facebook recipe page, a Canadian mentioned cooking kangaroo meat- do you ever eat it? And on another Facebook page called view from my window, there have been several Australians who put up pix of kangaroos in their yards, like we see deer in our yards. Is that just in parts of Australia? It looks so exotic.

7/31/2023 10:56 am  #17

So I did a thing to start my #1 summer goal. Sam’s ashes have been in my basement since she died 11 years ago. The plan was that when her second husband died, the ashes would be commingled and buried next to her first husband, along with her pets ashes. Then husband #2 went back to his first wife, and when he died 2 years ago they buried him near them. So I called the funeral home today to see how to get her and her pets ashes buried in her plot. They are going to research and call me. It will be a relief to get her interred next to her first husband.

7/31/2023 11:17 am  #18

Holly, it's not like that here. I did read that's one thing people didn't like about NJ....the crowds and the congestion. I imagine that's because it's close to New York and Philly? No long lines here unless you go on the weekend and still not bad.

Picked up the dog food I ordered from Pet Sense. It's 10% off if you order it online and pick up at the store. Met Gary and the kids at Waffle House. Caleb was into everything...don't know how Gary handles that every day, but it was his decision because the day care was so expensive. Caleb wrapped up the salt & pepper shakers in napkins, took Sadie Gracie's orange juice 3 or 4 times, took the syrup from her and took her grape jelly. Gary just waved his hands in a "nervous breakdown" manner, lol. They need discipline from G&E and the parents! It will be interesting to see how he does in 1st grade this year. We got up front & Gary went to pay the bill. Caleb pushed Sadie Grace into a man that was walking by. He gave me a really dirty look. I wanted to say these aren't my grandkids, lol. 
I have a dental cleaning sometime this month, but haven't received a reminder from them. I'll call them now.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/31/2023 11:21 am)

D e v o n n e

7/31/2023 1:07 pm  #19

Back to normal, here.  Yes, Trish, we had a good time so it was all worth it.  NOT!!  I do have to either change my attitude or my personal requirements or something and not allow myself to be like I was this time.    These people are wonderful--we all know each other very well, they  pitch in with serving and clean-up and despite the tight quarters, seem to enjoy being here.  We "girls" are in the sunroom, the men in the dining area and of course, WE have the best room and view. My next go-around is on Oct. 6--70 days from Friday.  I promise to do better or at least quit yapping about it!  Promise! 
Was tired Saturday, didn't go to church yesterday, still tired.  Feel normal today.  Saturday, I was looking out the sunroom windows and a beautiful young coyote loped across  about 30 feet from me--always watching as he ran.  He was in full summer coat, no loose gobs of fur making him look mangy.  Beautiful animal.

It's a lovely day here.  H. and me sat out on the porch for an hour this morning.  Birds were happy and one of the wren couples are raising their young in one of my decorative bird houses right on the porch.  Hope it works out as all other times this was attempted, something got the baby birds.  But, you can't interfere with nature so what will be, will be.  Wrens are so charming, so loud.  I just love them.  

Holly, I dislike grocery shopping, too.  We only go about every two weeks if nothing special is happening.
Once I'm there, it's okay but I always dread it.  No big crowds, no long lines, just the endless effort of it for so many years.  I've done it so long, I have a second sense of what the total might be.  Last time, the checker said  it will be $195.  I audibly gasped and inside, freaked out.  We didn't have that much in our cart.   How could that be possible?   Howard, who always pays,  didn't say anything, didn't even check the receipt at the store.  Well, I asked him for it as soon as we got home.  We were charged $95 not $195!  He thought she just made a mistake.  Not sure what I thought...but was greatly relieved.  I mean, we pay what it all costs, of course, but I knew something was off.  I hate computers/I'm grateful for computers...if you know what I mean!

Devonne, I'm sorry about the kids.  I don't think eating out with them happens very often, but maybe you all should eat hot dogs at home when they're part of it.  Go ahead and tell me to MYOB! 
Trish, are you still on your own?   I've lost track.  In a recent crossword puzzle, the clue was:  A female kangaroo.  Answer:  DOE and I got it.  Not because iI knew...but because of the other words around it.
Learn something every day. So I guess it follows that a male is a BUCK, huh?  

Better go and check my e-mail.  
Indy

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/01/2023 3:26 am)

7/31/2023 11:50 pm  #20

I need to get out at sunrise to water my backyard. Need to set an alarm since it's already 2 am!  Hopefully, the new sprinkler I bought will get all the rose bushes, peonies, azaleas, hydrangeas, etc at the same time. I'll need to move it twice to water everything. I only have two peonies. One looks healthy, the other one might not make it.

Judy, I was just yapping about the kids. I love them dearly and it was great to see them. I'm not around small kids that much and I'm getting old! It's good to be able to come here and yap, lol. 

D e v o n n e

Board footera